[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated Guitarist Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: imgres-1.jpg (10KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
imgres-1.jpg
10KB, 266x190px
Wes Borland is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. No one plays like him. Too bad he was stuck in a shit band
>>
>>71343568
He and the bassist are legit great. I don't really feel bad for him, his LB licks do more for him creatively than being in any other band.
>>
>>71343568
Saw him when he was playing bass live for From First to Last. Cool guy. Is it possible Limp Bizkit is underrated too?
>>
File: 9353.jpg (85KB, 630x839px) Image search: [Google]
9353.jpg
85KB, 630x839px
>>71343568
>>
>>71343651
They certainly get a lot of undeserved hate. LB is band with a very noticable "product of an era" vibe however, as popular music kept evolving, they definitely sound more crafted and original than many bands from their era.
>>
>>71343689
>overrated
>>
The lead guitarist from glassjaw is p underrated
That whole band is p underrated here
>>
>>71343799
Coloring Book is one of my favorite EPs.
>>
File: girl.jpg (2MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
2MB, 3456x2304px
>>71343568
Borland and the bassist are good musicians. Hell the drummer too. It's interesting to think about how they would have turned out without Durst. Oh well I guess it worked out for them in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7u9enw4ZPA

borland is married to this girl too
>>
>>71343651
>>71343780
The thing is that nu-metal had some real talent in it but it was so tied to shitty trends that it couldn't be good. Deftones was able to break out of those trends, which is why they are legitimately good.
>>
>>71343568
>>71342248

you two going steady?

also is jack white any good?
>>
>>71343799
Yep, I don't understand it.
>>
>>71343568
He was my very first inspiration on guitar

Such a creative guy. Love his tapping technique and his delay drenched riffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08S4wclThSY
>>
File: tumblr_olc30fxVnG1v6ph4to1_500.gif (2MB, 440x460px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olc30fxVnG1v6ph4to1_500.gif
2MB, 440x460px
Not particularly good but original
>>
Why do Glassjaw and Deftones get lumped together so often?
>>
>>71343568
hey man that shit band put out two solidly decent cds back in the 90s. they were pioneers who rode the nu-metal wave a bit too long
>>
Wes is the man.
Honestly if you could have limp bizkit WITHOUT fred, they'd be 10/10 in everyone's eyes. The musicianship is beyond solid.

John Otto is a drum machine covered in human flesh. His sense of timing is impeccable and his ability to mimic hip hop beats on an acoustic kit is amazing

Sam Rivers again is a hip hop bassline in human form. Not always the flashiest player, but solid as fuck when paired with Otto.

Wes' riffs and tapping were years ahead of their time. He's also on the level of tom morello and buckethead on his ability to create sounds and sonic textures.

Fred just fucks EVERYTHING up for everyone.

Significant other and Chocolate Starfish had beats/riffs/grooves that were ahead of their time and still relevant today.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 160x160px
>>71344274
I never gave Chocolate Starfish much of a chance. By that time I'd soured on the whole genre. You don't consider their debut to be as good as their followups?
>>
>>71344357
it's alright. Significant was their absolute peak.
Even fred sounded tight on shut the fuck up, but that's cause method man wrote his bars.

it was on the downhill trend during starfish, but it still gets a pass with me.
>>
>>71344422
*n2gethernow
>>
File: hostilediamond.png (225KB, 451x564px) Image search: [Google]
hostilediamond.png
225KB, 451x564px
>>71344422
>method man wrote his bars
oh shit for real?
>>
>>71344589
lol cummon man. fred ain't that good
>>
this track unironically slays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7r1IctCR_A

stampede of disco elephants confirmed for avant-metal masterpiece?
>>
>>71344754
oh wow.

that's bad.
like really bad.
>>
>>71344796
fuck off pleb
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
lee malia
>>
Adrian Belew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCfC5yVlvj4
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.