[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 36

File: meme.jpg (61KB, 659x363px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
61KB, 659x363px
New /prod/uction thread, get in here.

Useful info/resources: http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

Post your stuff on clyp, no Soundcloud self-promotion.
>>
>>71088150
lol

is that cubase?
>>
>>71088150
what's so funny about that pic?
>>
Am I a worthwhile human being?

> https://clyp.it/3lfo4muz
>>
https://clyp.it/gvdrauxf

Posted this last thread just before it filled up, looking for thoughts on how to progress it and if I am finally free of sample packs

>>71088105
Thank you
>>
>>71088472
thought this was going to be masturbatory sound design-y trap but it was pretty cool. As much as I don't think it should become that, I feel like it could use a more significant bass, like a lp'd saw or something.

also,
>3lfo4muz
is a pretty good get
>>
>>71088560

I'll try that out, cheers!

And holy shit, yeah. Whoa.
>>
I have the skeleton of a sample based thing mapped out, whatya think?

https://clyp.it/2e0eazzn
>>
>>71088919
Really nice sounding, really nice transitions (esp. Into the horns for the second time)
I'd love to hear it with drums if you're planning on going that route
>>
Just watched this:

http://www.factmag.com/2015/09/10/how-to-make-a-legowelt-track/

His workflow is really interesting, basically he assembles a load of samples/loops etc in Ableton, then at 11:40 starts playing the track and mutes/unmutes each clip when he thinks it should be playing.

Anyone else make tracks like this? It's so far removed from how I work but I think it's really interesting
>>
>>71090078
interesting, that's how I do it as well. I'll have like 10 different loops in the beginning and then play around by muting tracks etc.
>>
>>71090078
>2017
>still no smell TV
thanks god
>>
which artists do you guys look up to in terms of production?
>>
>>71088239
yeah. I guess the design will go full cuby loops with the next version
>>
I've got a theory question, I know this isn't the thread for that but I'd really appreciate some help
What scale am I working with? It's a melody on top of a C# and a C flat chord with the third removed. Is it just a C# major scale or can it be something else?
>>
What's the easiest way to produce a natural-sounding guitar/drum sound?
>>
>>71091635
record your guitar and drums in a good sounding room
>>
>>71091622
post a short clyp of you playing it because what you're describing makes no sense
>>
>>71088472
reminds me of thriftworks in a big way, interesting vibe
>>
>>71091433
Luke Vibert
he's always on point, no matter what he does
>>
>>71091699
https://clyp.it/u5jafu2t
the reason I'm asking is because I'm doing different stuff with the C# major scale but it doesn't mesh. I just want to figure out which scale I'm in
>>
>>71091622
Theory tip number 1: you can't have "C#" and "Cb" at the same time. The note letter is always represented only once.

So if you have a C# chord, and you're calling it C#, the other chord is not Cb, but B. If you have a Cb chord, and you're calling it Cb, the other chord is not C#, but Db. It might seem pointless but it actually helps you a lot when things get confusing.

From what you're saying. This is what I can guess.

C# = C# E# G#
Cb (no III) = Cb Gb
Obviously this labeling is wrong as we have two C's and two G's so let's try calling one C# and the other B, and work within that naming system.

C# = C# E# G#
B (no III) = B F#
now let's arrange them in order and find the missing notes

C# E# F# G# B
ok so we're missing A and D and our formula as it stands has one half step from E# (which is really just another name for F) to F#. What i would do is try A and A#, and D and D# and see which notes work better for your song. The C# Major scale isn't exactly going to work if C# is your root note because C# major has B# and your "Cb chord" is actually B and F#.

That being said you need to make sure C# is actually the root because it will help you realize where the other halfstep goes in your formula. There are usually always 2.
>>
What's a good minimal setup for making electronic music? no laptop plz
>>
>>71091433
100% Clarence Clarity
I'm convinced he's the most talented and unique electronic artist working today
>>
Is guitar really a dead instrument?
>>
>>71092360

yes
>>
File: 1486241780279.gif (3MB, 476x467px) Image search: [Google]
1486241780279.gif
3MB, 476x467px
Hey fellas, I posted this in the last(?) thread and got some good advice and now the track is really taking shape. I'd love to hear some thoughts

https://clyp.it/dfxywedl

After that last snare hit the song's going to shift into more of a 4/4 blast-beat kind of feel
>>
>>71092290
budget?
>>
>>71092360
no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtHe4bc4q70
>>
>>71092416

$1500
>>
>>71092360
No but musicians need to learn to use it sparingly
Like most instruments, it has times where it shouldn't be used
>>
>>71088239
its studio one
>>
https://clyp.it/03pjbrm2
New one rollin out watchu think?
Feedback? Tips?
>>
>>71092572
that clicky thing at ~22seconds hurts my ears

pretty cool otherwise but songs without lyrics are like sandwiches without bread
>>
>>71092612
>but songs without lyrics are like sandwiches without bread
Get out
>>
>>71092408
Reminds me a lot of Become Death by Clarence Clarity, in a good way.

For being 10 days into Ableton this sounds pretty good, keep it up.
>>
>>71092650
Thanks man! I'm a huge Clarence Clarity fan so I appreciate that a lot

It's funny, back when I was using Logic there were a lot of things I was trying to do that Clarence Clarity did like extreme layering and relentless glitching but it was only once I heard No Now did I really find a vocabulary to make that sound the way I had been imagining it
>>
>>71092695
sorry,
*that Clarence Clarity ended up doing
>>
>>71092617
you're just mad that I share an opinion that 90% of humans also happen to agree with, and that I admit it shamelessly on a board which thinks "if many people think so, it must be inherently wrong"

I don't have time for your instrumentals unless they are incredible. If all it has to offer is "a chill vibe", I don't care. I never want that feel.
>>
>>71092612
Talkin about the high-hat type thing? I hear ya
>>
>>71092702
I'm not that guy who responded to you and I haven't even heard what he posted, your opinion was just bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>71092702
If this is what you really think then you're in the wrong place my friend
>>
>>71092702
>I don't care. I never want that feel
woah dood u must listen to music that's sooper deep
>>
>>71092702
tfw 10% master race
>>
FL piano roll >>> any other piano roll
THE FACT
>>
>>71092702
(you)
>>
>>71092444
>i5 or i7 5xxx or newer
>minimum of 8gb ram, tonnes more if you want to use huge sample libraries/kontakt/vsl/orchestral stuf
>os and programmes ssd
>2x3/4tb hdd, good ones like wd black or gold in a raid1 for project files, samples, everything you work on
>external drive the same size of your raid to backup your stuff to, automate it to be weekly
>a good monitor or two
you should still have at least $400-500 left after that for a gpu if you really want to play games on your music computer, if not I'd invest that in an audio interface and speakers or something like that
>>
>>71092839
>being such an incompetent musician you have to literally draw in notes with your mouse
wew
>>
>>71092717
> your opinion was just bad and you should feel bad
Not really.

Writing a good melody is like discovering water on the moon. Writing a lyric that properly resonates and defines the ambiguous tones is like using that water to create an ecosystem you can live in. Are there amazing instrumental songs? Absolutely. I listen to tons of classical music and there are rock instrumentals that blow my mind. That being said, people who tend to make current, popular styles of music ("chill beats") without adding a vocal element always strike me as missed opportunities at best and sheer cowardice at worst.

So let me clarify. "chill, electronic music" that has no lyric or vocal element is usually incredibly boring to me and i think most songs benefit immensely from even the sparsest of choices. It's also a trend I see more often than not and when I find a song on here with lyrics I almost always am delightfully surprised.
>>
>>71092876
>his music isn't physically impossible to play with human hands
Honestly just log off now
>>
>>71092773
>>71092830
>>71092835
>>71092849
>triggered that no one will ever care about his "chill beats" or ever listen to them a second time
>making disposable music
>ever
>>
>>71092888
What is it with this idea that the alternative to music with vocals is "chill beats" and "chill beats" only? What a pathetic worldview
>>
>>71092408
this is overwhelming at high volume
>>
>>71092920
i dont care really
>>
>>71092920
those posts are all different people. also i make music because i enjoy it, not because i care how many people listen to it

are you going to post some of your unforgettable lyrical masterpieces that people definitely care about?
>>
>>71092888
>I listen to tons of classical music and there are rock instrumentals that blow my mind. That being said, people who tend to make current, popular styles of music ("chill beats") without adding a vocal element always strike me as missed opportunities at best and sheer cowardice at worst.
oh so you're just one of those pretentious douches that has to try to objectively reason his preferences. just say you don't like electronic music lol, don't fart out some screed about how it's inferior
>>
File: 2ec (1).png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec (1).png
572KB, 600x580px
>>71092876
>musician
sorry, I don't play any instrument and don't need to.
>>
>>71092888
>Writing a lyric that properly resonates and defines the ambiguous tones is like using that water to create an ecosystem you can live in
holy shit, you have to post some of your lyrics if this is how much of a fucking cornball you are
>>
>>71092984
>just say you don't like electronic music
but i love electronic music you faggot

why are you all so fucking buttblasted at the thought that lyrics MIGHT ACTUALLY help your shitty songs? What a novel concept! Are you all just terrified of microphones or something?
>>
>>71093003
>implying "ham and eggs, ooh baby how i love your legs" would still be a hit song because the melody is the same as "yesterday, love was such an easy game to play" and it's ONLY THE MUSIC THAT MATTERS
>>
>>71093039
>but i love electronic music
ah, so you're just sucking your own dick over your ability to derisively throw around the phrase "chill beats" way to go you fucking lyrical miracle lmao
>no really, my taste is objectively correct
>>71093057
still waiting on those lyrics there, bob dylan
>>
>>71093057
>the commercial potential of a song is the only reason to make it
>>
what do you guys think of my new fire? :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVVpj-JTvh0&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>71093076
didn't you see his other posts though? he's writing lyrics that RESONATE with you, they're like an ecosystem you can live in!
>>
>>71092695
If you haven't heard Velocity Design Comfort, you should check it out too.
>>
>>71093070
>ah, so you're just sucking your own dick over your ability to derisively throw around the phrase "chill beats" way to go you fucking lyrical miracle lmao
I'm just using that term to describe a style of music that is common around here. Did I imply I am a lyrical miracle because I advocate for the use of lyrics? Lyrics are important, and songs are often made memorable by them. That's just how it is.

>NO I LIKE MY FUCKING MUSIC THE WAY I MAKE IT FAGGOT I DONT CARE WHAT (((PEOPLE LIKE)))
that's fine. just trying to offer my opinion is all.

if you want to stand out on /prod/, add some fucking lyrics. Doesn't seem like a step anyone bothers with, and it often would benefit the songs, in my opinion.
>>
>>71093101
>he's writing lyrics that RESONATE with you
heaven forbid

words and metaphors

can't hide behind my

*LONG AMBIGUOUS INTRO AND REVERSE EFFECTS FOR FOUR MINUTES*
>>
https://clyp.it/kev44pgh
I'm not really sure where I'm going with this

>>71092572
I fucking love this. Are the guitars sampled? Never mind, I don't even care, they're awesome.

Pouring myself a glass of wine on a cool summer evening/10

I also like how bright your mix is, mine always come out a bit muddy and shitty and if I try to turn up the high freqencies my ears hurt.
>>
>>71093170
>NO I LIKE MY FUCKING MUSIC THE WAY I MAKE IT FAGGOT I DONT CARE WHAT (((PEOPLE LIKE)))
disregarding the capitals and the /pol/ brackets, what exactly is the problem with this sentiment? why would i make music in a way that i didnt like just because some people would like it?
>if you want to stand out on /prod/
i didn't say i did... i don't even really post clyps
>in my opinion
yes, that's all it is, now stop trying to shove down everyone's throat
>>71093193
but you will refuse to post any of your lyrics lol
>>
I don't like lyrics in english

I do like lyrics in languages I don't understand

that way it's like another instrument
>>
>>71093342
but that's like abusing the lyrical ecosystem!
>>
>>71093342
but do you resonate from it
>>
>>71093258
>what exactly is the problem with this sentiment?
nothing at all, and I honestly find it admirable. Please, continue making things you like. I'd be your IRL friend and would respect you for doing something as interesting as creating music in your spare time.

>stop trying to shove down everyone's throat
Did I do this? I said "songs without lyrics are like sandwiches without bread" and upon clarifying my opinion, got slammed by 9 faggots at once. I'm just talking here. You can easily ignore what I have to say if you don't like it.

>but you will refuse to post any of your lyrics lol
I don't see any of your "dank instrumentals" either, faggot.

>WHY AREN'T YOU POSTING SHIT THAT WE CAN MAKE FUN OF YOU FOR
>WE'RE ONLY BEING OPENLY HOSTILE TO YOU RIGHT NOW
>COME ON IT'LL BE A GREAT AND FAIR ASSESSMENT
nah, my need for validation is not as intense as it once was.
>>
>>71093354
>being this triggered by a metaphor in conversation that you bring it up to people who aren't even involved in the conversational thread every chance you get
I'm sorry that putting a name to the nameless is a skill that you can't even begin to assess the value of.
>>
>>71093449
>being so triggered that you have to pretend that it's actually the people laughing at you who are triggered instead of just making fun of the stupid things you say
for example: "putting a name to the nameless"

i've written lyrics before dude, you're just being hilariously pretentious about it and overstating its importance. there are entire genres and scenes based around instrumental music, nobody is benefitting from your "well have you ever thought about some LYRICS???" idiocy lol
>>
I prefer my lyrics to be french women chanting stuff

Zeuhl is neat
>>
>>71093244
Thanks a bunch man :) and no they're harp samples

Diggin your track too, I love the pluck that comes in over the bass and kick

Only thing I would say is try to beef up the low end of the kick, maybe try boosting from like 50-250 Hz. Also maybe try to lock down a consistent melody on the lead, it seems to meander a bit.
>>
>>71093506
>"putting a name to the nameless"
Please explain why this is dumb. Choosing the right words for the music is an incredibly rare skill and often separates good songs from bad.

>there are entire genres and scenes based around instrumental music
they are very unpopular. popularity isn't everything, but many people want feedback and critique on their songs because they want people to listen to them. that's all i did. offer a criticism and suggestion. what have you done, in this thread? post "lol" a bunch? way 2 cringe.

>nobody is benefitting from your "well have you ever thought about some LYRICS???" idiocy lol
yeah but you're really mad about it and it's funny to me :^)
>>
>>71093588
>reduces the position he kept advocating for to "lolol i was jus trollan u"
well at least you've admitted that you're just farting into the void... how's that for "putting a name to the nameless"? lol
>>
>>71093506
>"you're overstating the importance of lyrics"

>the amount of popular songs in the past fifty years without lyrics can be counted on two hands
>"lyrics are not important"
k
>>
>>71093636
your reading comprehension is bad

i'm not trolling you, you just seem triggered is all. and yes, it IS funny to me.

>how's that for "putting a name to the nameless"? lol
bretty gud metaphor for trollan desu 8/10
:)
>>
>>71093652
why do you keep assuming that everyone here is trying to "make it" or "get noticed"? is that really all you're doing with your brian griffin-tier command of the english language?
>>
>>71091433
Early 80s tapes and people who can get their music to sound like them. Like it astounds me that this dude was able to make this with 1 synth, a preset drum machine and a tapedeck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBSNaAGE_Rw
>>
>>71093695
>why do you keep assuming that everyone here is trying to "make it" or "get noticed"?
I'm not. I have said many times please make you what you like if you like it. But people ASK FOR CRITICISM and I say "lyrics would probably help your song it's pretty good otherwise just needs something else probably not more instruments but you could try lyrics i mean most people like lyrics you can tell by trends in music that people have gravitated to songs with lyrics so you could try some lyrics i think it would probably help your song which is otherwise pretty cool"

and then it's like anuddah shoah in here.
>>
>>71093560
Thanks, it started out repeating the same 8 bars so I thought it might get a bit boring. My vision was some groovy noodling but that might take some more skill.
>>
>>71093800
>more /pol/ memes
also stop acting so well intentioned lol, we can all see your old posts like this one >>71092702
>>
>>71093894
i was told to "get out"

be hostile. receive hostile.

>we can all see your old posts like this one
all i see is blunt honesty desu
nothin wrong with that
also i clarified since then and have been more polite

you can keep crying about /pol/ memes while you end every sentence with "lol" though you cringing fag. Either way, I'm done shitting up the thread and I feel bad that this conversation has gone on as long as it did. Have a good one :)
>>
>>71093969
>being this gay
>>
File: 1485973488880.jpg (193KB, 762x785px) Image search: [Google]
1485973488880.jpg
193KB, 762x785px
>>71094007
;)
>>
>>71093969
>bashing "lol"
gen z detected, go study for a math test or something lol
>>
File: derail.jpg (174KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
derail.jpg
174KB, 640x960px
rip thread
>>
Could I get away with singing like this? I'm not sure if I'm out of tune. What do you think about the track overall? Feedback much appreciated.

https://clyp.it/3pnbn1k4
>>
File: 1468762864772.jpg (11KB, 287x225px) Image search: [Google]
1468762864772.jpg
11KB, 287x225px
>>71094015
ask me how i know you're not from around here
>>
>>71091433
Receptor
>>
>>71094059
i dunno, if i had to guess i'd say it's because you're a /pol/fag who tries to invent reasons why people don't belong here. what have you been here for like a year or two at most?
>>
>>71094055
>https://clyp.it/3pnbn1k4
I enjoy it but I wish it was a little bit louder in the mix. Or maybe a little less wet. Doesn't have to be necessarily more "intelligible" but feels like it should be more...forthright or something. More direct. Almost feels like it's hiding a bit, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Either way though, absolutely workable and adds a nice texture.
>>
>>71094127
by "it" i mean the singing, btw. sorry if that was unclear.

also, doesn't sound out of tune.

>>71094083
you can begin participating in the actual thread any time you know
>>
>>71094173
>look at this clyp i gave feedback to, aren't i literally jesus?
sure you are, sport
>>
>>71094198
I gave feedback to all clyps in this thread and helped a nigga out with his music theory here>>71092161

i'm still a piece of shit but what the fuck have you done? yell at boogeymen on the internet? let it go nigga

let it go

you fight like woman
>>
>>71088150
Ignore the contents of the video; which machine drum was used in the background song? https://youtu.be/ZGVFKhbinrM
>>
>>71094259
>you fight like woman
>we're doing the same thing but you're x for doing it
ah yes, a dumb person argument staple.
>let it go
like you're doing by responding to every post lol
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1syWYuGTgFl
this morning so far on 400ug lsd
>>
>>71094055
the track is squashed to hell, you need to go back and fix/adjust your volume levels from scratch and go easy on the limiter. I can't hear any singing at all.

>>71094323
ok
>>
>>71094313
>we're doing the same thing but you're x for doing it
I am not being a catty faggot though.

>like you're doing by responding to every post lol
just trying to help you move on

i care about you man, really.

this is no way 2 live

>>71094323
comfy

get some bass on that shit niqqa!
>>
>>71094425
i'm not really either, i'm just making fun of you and you're trying to assign feminine qualities to that because UR A REEL MAN (but more so because you can't actually respond to any of the things i'm saying)
>>
>>71088150
you guys are fags i post links and you just listen to them and ignore them?

is it because you cant tell me to sidechain something so you are instantly out of applicable information?

its like all of you just circlejerk around your shit understandings of production and sound design and only have the ability to attempt to shit on other shit productions from a great height and as soon as anything even remotely not awful comes through all your balls suck back into your stomach because you know dont know fuck all about anything as soon as you cant just autistify your meme advice.

such a shit board filled with terrible musicians with unjustifiable taste in shit music, you tend to revere bad sounds, objectively low quality? why? god knows. but my bet would be because you understand literally nothing about music but enjoying stuff that others think is objectively shit allows you to seperate yourselves from the majority, because you are meta sheep. you lack such independent thinking skills that you attempt to build yourselves a path where you can claim to be different - the thing is - you are all fucking retards.

in my 2 years of intermittently coming to prod i have legit seen less than 10 posts with constructive advise, and ive seen even more posts in reply to these posts that bash the poster because the people reading it have a thorough lack of understanding of anything relating to both theory and production.

last thread someone said can we just let this die because you guys are shit

im inclined to agree with them, you guys are straight up shit.
>>
>>71094461
>i'm making fun of you because you told me to stop fighting and focus on the thread
>so i made fun of you for focusing on the thread who you think you are fuckin jesus lol
W O M A N L Y
O
M
A
N
L
Y

CAN'T LET IT GO
GO
GO
>>
>>71094510
:^)
>>
>>71094510
scathing
>>
>>71094510
>less than 10 posts
*fewer
>>
>>71094510
is this copy pasta

what are you going on about

post a clyp man i'll give u feedback

calm down
>>
>>71094554
im calm, but its literally true, isnt it?

i wouldn't post here for feedback the advice given is.... at best questionable, at worst straight up stupid.

i mean why would i throw myself to the wolves when the wolves are bloated mongoloids

>>71094523
(^:

>>71094546
i guess if my only representation of myself is text i should make an effort to be correct fair enough
>>71094530
i know its harsh and rude but if anyone is serious about music here, you should ditch this place, these people are not helping you.
>>
>>71094127
>>71094173
Perfect, I'll work on it a bit more, you are right about vocals being really wet, I'm glad it doesn't sound out of tune, thanks for the feedback.
>>71094344
>I can't hear any singing at all
Literally? I know everything is over compressed, I consider it part of my style, I'll give it a thought.
>>
>>71093748
What exactly astounds you? That sounds really mediocre and basic as fuck
>>
>>71094519
>BETTER KEEP RESPONDING ABOUT HOW HE CANT LET IT GO, THAT'LL MAKE MY POINT!
>>
>>71094626
>i wouldn't post here for feedback
then why did you say that you already did?
>i post links and you just listen to them and ignore them?
>is it because you cant tell me to sidechain something so you are instantly out of applicable information?
>>
>>71092888
>I listen to tons of classical music and there are rock instrumentals that blow my mind
Ahh, now I get it. You're one of those "real music, le wrong generation" retards
>>
>>71094626
>i wouldn't post here for feedback the advice given is.... at best questionable, at worst straight up stupid.
I don't agree 100% but I know what you mean. I think people here try to show off their knowledge more than they try to actually listen and give honest critique.

I will listen to a clyp and look at the feedback and most of it is either "muh overcompression" buzzword or a one word response like "terrible" or "ok", which is just useless.

that being said you can be an excellent critic even if your music is shit. we are far more objective with others than ourselves, so it's not exactly wise to throw out advice simply because that person doesn't have much to show. The problem is when that person isn't really "listening and responding" honestly so much as "trying to impress and establish dominance"
>>
>>71094272

First couple of seconds (at 6 seconds or so) is a TR-707 and the song that starts at 9 seconds is a CR-78
>>
>>71088150
I tried using Studio One and I can't figure out how to loop without right click, copy, right click, paste and then I have to manually line it up. it's really annoying.
>>
>>71094749
>Ahh, now I get it. You're one of those "real music, le wrong generation" retards
No?

I love electronic music and exclusively use synthesizers and drum machines in my own work. You don't have to be retarded you know. Show me a killer electronic instrumental song, I'd love to hear it.

Here's one of my favorite instrumental songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TKVpUSWCug

Here's another that I love that is more classical in flavor, yet recently made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LoUm_r7It8
>>
>>71094746
I've posted links here, yeah? For feedback? I have in the past. In recent times? No, this is a community i've been a part of for a long time while i've gathered my understanding of sound from else where.

>>71094761
>buzzwords
>show off their knowledge more than they try to actually listen and give honest critique
100% with the buzzwords, honest critique? maybe they do,

I saw a thread where someone had pirated deadmouse's tutorials and was complaining about the method being used to teach someone to make chord progressions and arp progressions?

His response was to skip the video.

He then went on the complain about the sound of the synths he was designing, unaware, without thought for future applications. He skipped that video too.

And anon's were supportive of this behaivour. Do these people even WANT to learn?

deadmouse is a faggot with shit tunes but he is where he is because he is a capable musician and a hell of a lot better than you and i.

the whole attitude of /prod/ is one of an entitled child who was given free access to any daw and software and has no investment in learning to use their tools.

whatever, im out, enjoy sucks eachother off.
>>
>>71091433
Aphex Twin on "Windowlicker"
Chemical Brothers on DYOH and Surrender
Actress on Splazsh
Drake on "Work"
Prodigy on FOTLand
A wide assortment of dubstep musicians: Peverelist, Pearson Sound, Ramadanman, and so on
DJ Koze
Ricardo Villalobos
Machinedrum

I've started to think actually a lot of it comes from the mastering step. More than the average producer realizes. Like, you can throw on some shit over the whole track: multiband comp, compression, a bit of eq, and limiting... tape saturation, exciter, whatever else you want... just experiment especially if electronic music...

and your entire thing is gonna sound way, way better and more professional if you're willing to take it somewhere new and exciting

I didn't realize how much the mastering step could add if you're willing to kinda play around as an electronic musician. it will make your stuff pound much harder and will make things go smoothly in one mix
>>
>>71094975
lol
>>
>>71094975
so you just decided to start a fresh round of whining about clips you posted in past threads that didnt get replies?
>enjoy sucks eachother off
yeah, because there's NOTHING masturbatory and self-assured about your posts
>>
Stop fighting ;_;
>>
>>71094975
>deadmouse is a faggot with shit tunes but he is where he is because he is a capable musician and a hell of a lot better than you and i.
To be fair I think deadmouse is horrid and I wouldn't call anyone who churns out constant shit a "capable musician" BUT there is something to be said for his work ethic and speed that most of us can't hold a candle to. He's like that other guy Savant. Sometimes all you have to do is churn churn churn and you get lucky.
>>
https://clyp.it/w2dwugn1

Literally first thing I have ever done
My friend wants to do autotune mumble raps on it
>>
>>71095115
>https://clyp.it/w2dwugn1
Not a fan of that filter on the snare. A little too closed. Or maybe just too much reverb. I dunno. It's like everything has a dark tone and one or two things could stand to be brighter. But it's hard to say without the vocal.

That being said I think it's really well arranged and you have a good sense of keeping the simple interesting via many slight changes. It's hard to critique songs that are incomplete because the "auto-tune vocal" could literally sound like a million things but for a first attempt I think it's p. dope senpai. Good job.
>>
>>71094680
That is the point. I can't quantify why I find it compelling.
>>
>>71095081
but im just jacking myself off tho? if you werent such a literal retard you would be able to determine that the posts are related to the content of the posters and not to do with mine?

the point i made being that you guys DIDNT have ANY comments to make even though 25 different anons played the clyp? nothing to do with my own music, nothing to do with anyone elses, simply the attitude and retarded level of understanding that averages itself out in here.

>>71095051
i couldnt agree more

>>71095110
i personally think his tunes are pretty mediocre but he was in the right place at the right time and he has a great understanding and ability to explain his procedures and intent.

intent is a big part of electronic music in my opinion, obviously you can shoot in the dark and hit the target but why dont you just turn the light on.

i guess i wasnt out... but you can still suck each other off d e s u
>>
>i always like and hope for anons that go through the thread and mass-reply to every clyp
>too lazy to do it myself
I'm a bad person
>>
>>71095205
Thank you! yeah my setup incomplete at the moment so I have hard time when mixing.
>>
Now that both Chrome and Firefox support FLAC, is there a good audio hosting website like Clyp and SoundCloud that supports lossless FLAC upload and playback?
>>
>>71093087
sounds comfy
>>
>>71095240
>the point i made being that you guys DIDNT have ANY comments to make even though 25 different anons played the clyp?
maybe he played the clyp a bunch before posting it on /prod/ and bumped the viewcount that way. I have no idea what clyp you're even talking about. Some shit falls through the cracks and it's hard to get 'em all. Also, sometimes...there's just nothing to say. Or there is too much to say and everything sucks and it's just not worth the 1500 words because you're tired or you're phoneposting.

>you can still suck each other off d e s u
you seem to imply that we
>refuse to comment on clyps
while
>shitting all over clyps needlessly
while
>praising clyps to suck each other off
all at the same time

it's a bit incoherent, m8.
>>
>>71095301
no, not even huge sites like soundcloud could afford the storage and bandwidth needed for that
>>
>>71094656
I see what you're trying to do, blend in the vocal with the track but you're overdoing it with the sausaging and yeah, the instrumental drowns the voice way too much

>>71095115
hey, if this is the first thing you've ever done, you certainly are on a good track, obviously this is sounding really basic, an 808 on that would probably make it way sweeter, drums need more highs.

>>71095337
thanks senpai <3
>>
>>71095364
of course you dont know what clyp why would you need to know what clyp!?

im not bothered that i received no feedback, im bothered because i -know- that people listening to it would freely shit on it with their meme advise if they could comprehend how to critique music that isnt objectively awful.

i also -know- that every single view was from individual IP's and that the only link in the world was in /prod/

your lack of comprehension skills does not = incoherence

my point is that people come here not to provide constructive criticisms, but to put down others, and that the vast majority of what people think is "constructive advise" is actually memery mixed with buzzwords; and thats born from a general lack of knowledge from (nearly) the entire userbase.
>>
What do you guys think of GarageBand?
>>
>>71095566
Good starting point, there's a surprising amount you can do with Garageband + Audacity
>>
File: Fang_amnesia.jpg (270KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fang_amnesia.jpg
270KB, 1280x720px
>>71095438
So if I wanted to share FLAC versions of my work with the thread, what would the best method?
>>
>>71095578
>Garageband + Audacity
Seems like I got the right toolset for my first attempts at this.

Thanks
>>
>>71095526
>im bothered because i -know- that people listening to it would freely shit on it with their meme advise if they could comprehend how to critique music that isnt objectively awful.
projecting. you literally don't know this.

>my point is that people come here not to provide constructive criticisms, but to put down others
but you literally just said that you are imagining them putting it down in your own mind and that they're not actually putting it down. it sounds tremendously insecure.

>the vast majority of what people think is "constructive advise" is actually memery mixed with buzzwords; and thats born from a general lack of knowledge from (nearly) the entire userbase.
completely agree

I would happily critique your clyp and I give honest feedback. I know tons of music theory and have a good sense of pacing, which most songs on here fail at tremendously. I also wouldn't even hold your weird personality against your music and would analyze it as objectively as possible, without regard to your lashing out and insecurity. You'd get a fair shake.

post clyp
>>
>>71095610
zippyshare or something like that
>>
>>71095566
Justice made + in GB so it's god tier
but seriously, it;s a great starting point to get acquainted with production, tho eventually you're gonna have to move onto something more "serious"
>>
>>71095652
whatever, this was the clyp
https://clyp.it/5t23oj3x

I never wanted advice, i simply wanted to see what reactions and how many people would click the link, the answer was 36 plays, and 0 reactions.

it was born from this which was just a skit done in a few hours a few days ago where i wanted to sequence hits in and out of breaks
https://clyp.it/yn3ekzud

Clean master, no proper gain staging, no imaging, unfinished automation especially in kick channel(s), very audible during intro. Every sound (including most drums) created individually in FM8 and Serum for the track.

Cmon then /prod/ after what ive said tear me down
>>
>>71096050
>https://clyp.it/5t23oj3x
i dont really like how the bass sounds but this is pretty good compared to what usually gets posted
>>
>>71096050
>https://clyp.it/5t23oj3x
I actually love the way the bass sounds, it's my favorite part.

I wish the drums did something more explosive at the 1:06 transition. Sort of like 1:27 but not as intense so that you could build to 1:27. A building of energy in them during that period mite b kewl.

I enjoy the bridge at 2:52 but I was getting a little bored in the 45 seconds right before that. I wanted another part to come in. Something like a counterpoint to the bass in the higher register. The distorted vocal at 4:30~ is cool as well.

Not really my kind of music but it was cool and I like a lot of the sound design choices. Felt like by the end I had heard the drop->return maybe one too many times but there was always something going on that I found interesting and I very rarely can make it through a whole clyp on /prod/, especially the longer ones, so good job!
>>
Is there a decent Soundcloud alternative that doesn't have a limit on how much music you can upload?
>>
File: IMG_9423.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9423.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What's a good delay for my Mopho x4? My main concern is being able to do feedback oscillations, and fitting on the empty space on top of the synth. Stereo is preferred. Cost isn't too important, but keep it relative to the price of the synth. Beer bottle provided for scale.
>>
>>71097309
strymon capistan
>>
>>71097347
I like strymon stuff, but I don't like how it's mono in. I was considering the TC electronic ND-1, because it has a ping pong mode that would work well with the stereo stuff the synth can do.
>>
>>71097455
yeah disregard then, I didn't know the mopho could do stereo fx
>>
>>71097491
It's not really impressive in the mono version, but it helps voice spread in the poly and unison modes on the x4.

I actually read into the strymon pedal, and you can use a TRS cable for stereo input, you just need to move a jumper. So I'll probably go that route.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-18-16-49-59.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-18-16-49-59.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
For any /prod/ bros who have a microbrute, check out this patch, it's a really good ambient drone with these random clicks that sound like an NES bass drum. My oscillator might be a little out of tune so adjust by ear, and it only works if you play Bb (cause FM is a bitch)
>>
made another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXnzm2hkeU8&lc=z12jwdhjhuvfd1nef22uxn5ablbzencvv
>>
https://clyp.it/xnxllwmr

How do these transition feel for these three parts?
Is it okay to end a chord progression on a III? The pattern that starts a 0:15 ends on III.
I'm in the scale of C Minor
>>
>>71098338
alright so, I can hear you're new to this.
first off, the chords sound pretty aimless, they're not wrong or anything, but they're not really saying anything.
the production itself isn't good, the sounds and samples are bad, the bass sound should be sidechained on the kick, the congas are tonal so they're messing with the chord progressions, that pad needs EQing it's muddying up the entire mix.
>>
t bh i went to the pub and this isnt what i expected to see in response

>>71096153
>>71096593
cheers i guess

i've tried to lower the bass/atmos sounds in attempts to raise the drums into mix since this upload and i *think* it sounds better, although fatigue might be lying to me. will also probably compress the bass sounds a little in an attempt to make them have a similar rms to the drums so that i can make informed decisions about their mix.

my ability to actually compose it pretty lackluster and with some more time ill probably try to redo the order and content of the phrases.

a friend told me to stop making skits and to focus on composing a full timed track and then filling it out, which i guess is what this upload consists of but the attempt it to have a full track to be creative within.

your comments on composition are quite valuable so thank you, but i dont take away from what i said previously.
>>
>>71098933
Thanks! I never thought about the conga's pitch.
>>
Hey guys. Haven't posted here in a while.

https://clyp.it/c0eepr1w

Here's a track I produced as a joke while a friend was over and i got her to record some vocals. Though after she left I took like 3 hours to refine it into something listenable. What do you think anons?
>>
>>71092161
CB isn't a thing
>>
>>71099427
what
>>
>>71099427
>>71092161
I'm sorry, I misread your post.
>>
>>71098338
I don't mind this but i necessarily don't like it either. At least it has a good sense of when to change and you don't waste my time. That's a big thing, imo. Too many amateur songs have intros that are like 30 seconds long and dammit I just don't have that long. Obviously I'm exaggerating but it's nice when a song gets to the point quickly—it helps convey an assertive confidence that often boosts my opinion of the music. It grabs me by the pussy, as it were.

Though I feel like too much happens at the very start. You have the opening crash, the sixteenth note bass, the kick and snare, the melodic toms, the hi hat pattern, and it's not overwhelming but I think it would benefit you to add another 4 measures in the beginning and play around with removing one or two of those elements and staggering their entrances so that they all come in by the time your song used to start. It's a good amount of things happening, it's just too much to immediately process when they all come in at the same time. It's much easier to track a part mentally when we hear it enter on its own or maybe with only one other element. This can be used to highlight certain parts because when they come in it's like they're taking the stage. Our ear always detects the new thing. That's why it's nice sometimes to introduce multiple elements at once because your ear might be drawn strongly to one thing while the others slip in "undetected", adding energy/groove/harmony etc.

best part ~30seconds but it sounds VERY familiar even though I can't quite place it. It feels like I've heard it before, but it's got personality.

one last thing, the low tom sounds muddy/clashing with the bass. The high tom/cowbell is fine.
>>
>>71092340
>vaporwave/a e s t h e t i c
>actually good music

what the fuck has happened
>>
>>71099488
That's not the start of the track. This is
https://clyp.it/aycy2bv2
The first note hit is a bit loud fyi.
But thank you for your feedback.
>>
>>71091433
http://www.digido.com/honor-roll.html?option=com_content&Itemid=54&id=46&lang=en&view=article
>>
this is not fun
>>
>>71100592
no fun allowed
>>
Fight when?
>>
>>71092888
Anyone can have strong opinions like this but you have to realise there are millions of people that disagree with you. This is the first step in realising your opinions don't matter. If you really feel strongly about this, make a good vocal album, otherwise who gives a fuck what you think.
>>
>>71100671
So fucking what. Most songs are made better by lyrics. Most people agree. It's good advice whether a bunch of patrician outliers agree or not.

>hurr make an album your opinion don't matter
Why don't you make an instrumental that can hold one single person's full attention for more than one minute and maybe just MAYBE gets them to even RELISTEN (Imagine that!) and we'll talk otherwise your opinion don't matter and your shitty instrumental will be probably be made ten million times more interesting with a few words to set the scene and some fucking personality. The human voice is the greatest instrument of all time. Fucking use it.

>give conventional, good advice on seasoning food, cooking temperature, and plating
>EXCUSE ME YOUR OPINION DONT MATTER MILLIONS OF PEOPLE EAT BURNT SHIT OUT OF PLASTIC WE JJST LIKE IT
yeah well you like unpopular shit. sorry.
>>
>>71100863
normies usually only care about the lyrics in music
>>
>>71101012
>i don't want normal people to like my music
>only /patricians/ in my scene, man
>Rest assured I'm not doing this for "normies" (Gross!)
>(my need for validation is transparent)
OR
>umm I just make music for myself, buddy
Try masturbating it's faster

>lyrics??
>a tool of infinite expression?
>a tool that can establish context and meaning with extreme specificity?
>a tool that can single handedly change the entire perception of my song in a few careful strokes?
Fuck that memorable shit. We make NOiSe!
>upload on SoundCloud
>weep as no one on earth ever remembers a single drop you ever make because it exists in a sea of millions of similar songs that are all vague indeterminate bullshit musics blending together in a forgettable haze and while lyrics would be an efficient way to instantly make the song memorable FUCK that why would you use a WORD IT'S NOT PATRICAN!!!!
Exhausting!
>>
>>71101237
>using lyrics to express yourself
>2017
if you can't convey "mommy dropped the tendies" in your bass sound alone you're a fucking pleb

also
>using words
>being specific
>not sounding like everyone else
>not being a patricanormie
i shiggy til i diggy but I just can't stop
>>
>>71099689
Something tells me you haven't heard the album.
It doesn't sound like the cover looks.
>>
>>71091433
mostly charlie clouser. his synth work and production is off the chart seeing as how most of his work was done 1990s to early 2000s
>>
>>71099322
Anyone?
>>
>>71101424
I think he meant it as being surprised it actually sounds good, because that's exactly how I felt
that stuff is amazing production wise
>>
>>71103573
Ahh I see
Yeah and what's most impressive to me is that it's all him
>>
>>71102048
I like it. its fun

https://clyp.it/rgvjgpbl

udigg
>>
Are monoprice patch bays worth it? They are cheaper than other patch bays and I can't see how someone could fuck up a patchbay.
>>
>>71088472
Don't give up your day job.
>>
https://clyp.it/jytys4ws

Thoughts on the loop so far? Can't decide if its good or trash.
>>
you guys are fags i post links and you just listen to them and ignore them?

is it because you cant tell me to sidechain something so you are instantly out of applicable information?

its like all of you just circlejerk around your shit understandings of production and sound design and only have the ability to attempt to shit on other shit productions from a great height and as soon as anything even remotely not awful comes through all your balls suck back into your stomach because you know dont know fuck all about anything as soon as you cant just autistify your meme advice.

such a shit board filled with terrible musicians with unjustifiable taste in shit music, you tend to revere bad sounds, objectively low quality? why? god knows. but my bet would be because you understand literally nothing about music but enjoying stuff that others think is objectively shit allows you to seperate yourselves from the majority, because you are meta sheep. you lack such independent thinking skills that you attempt to build yourselves a path where you can claim to be different - the thing is - you are all fucking retards.

in my 2 years of intermittently coming to prod i have legit seen less than 10 posts with constructive advise, and ive seen even more posts in reply to these posts that bash the poster because the people reading it have a thorough lack of understanding of anything relating to both theory and production.

last thread someone said can we just let this die because you guys are shit

im inclined to agree with them, you guys are straight up shit.
>>
>>71104522
fettucine here
>>
>>71104522
Why should someone comment on your clip? Its obviously not very good, otherwise you'd release it. The worst are the guys that say ' How about my clip? I need to fix the bass and change the..' Well if you don't respect your song and just do it, google what's wrong and fix it, and do it well, why expect anyone else to listen to your sketched idea? As if you're going to be surprised its shit?

Also if you can't tell its good or not then you have no business doing music at all.

All you need is ears - George Martin
>>
>>71104694
dont let your memes be dreams
>>
>>71104522
is this pasta or...?
>>
File: ice.jpg (65KB, 593x498px) Image search: [Google]
ice.jpg
65KB, 593x498px
RATE / HATE/ MASTURBATE

https://clyp.it/yi05dyxx

thanks
>>
>>71104336
Sounds good so far, don't really know what to say as far as criticism goes, but it's good. Definitely not trash
>>
>>71092869
What do you think of Scarlett interfaces?
>>
Just face it, you'll never be famous.

You aren't special, no matter what your mommy tells you when you finish showing her ur shitty track and she has to lie to stop you from killing yourself.

You will never be a rockstar, you will never pioneer into new genres, you will never get the cars, the money, the women, or the attention.

You will never have young girls getting wet when they are in your mere presence.

But it's not like you had a chance to begin with? Martin Garrix went to an elite school of musicianship and has been producing for over 10 years, and he's only 20. At 18 he was touring the world, fucking bitches and getting money for producing child's play, whilst you fail to produce a musically coherent 4 bar loop.

There are 1000's of producers like this, child prodigies just itching for a chance to show off their amazing work, and you honestly think you stood a chance? No, you don't even have the intellect required to be a producer, so even if you "grind"(cringe) you will get no where and will never finish anything.

By all means, keep feeding money to Native instruments and cymatics, but keep in mind your going to have to work 9-5 for the rest of your life, and probably put in a few extra hours a week to pay back your debts.
>inb4 Martin Garrix is bad.
No, as he gets more pussy than you and i'd prefer to listen to his shit over anything you have the courage to upload and call "music")

>inb4 "I just do it 4 fun xD"
You don't, stop lying to yourself. You secretly want to prove everyone wrong, but think people can't see through facade.
>>
File: CUT.jpg (313KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
CUT.jpg
313KB, 1280x1280px
>>71105327
>Just face it, you'll never be famous.

HAHA WATCH ME BITCH
>>
>>71105327

>the only reason to create music is to be famous

you are a grade-A pleb
>>
>>71105377
Post a clyp so I can berate your shitty work

>>71105389
Keep lying to yourself, m808
>>
skrillex here ama
>>
Flum here ama
>>
>>71105327
i can only image the type of person that takes time out of his day to discourage others from trying to do something with themselves

honestly dude its pathetic on your part

you're the type of person no one wants to be around
>>
>>71105449
>Falling for the pasta
>>
>>71094777
Thanks f.am
>>
>>71105327
1 Hand in the air, if you don't really care.
>>
>>71105405
>Post a clyp so I can berate your shitty work
no

you sound like a fucking sad loser trying to make other people feel as bad as you do

your opinion is literally useless to me
>>
>>71105489
tfw cant tell if youre trolling or not i thought i was two smart four this shit desu
>>
>>71105327
nigga what do you do to look down on anyone??
>>
>>71105489
Nice ad hominem, just admit that you can't produce anything of value.
>>
>>71105514
not trolling, pasta or not that guy is a loser for trying to discourage people
>>
File: teleports behind you.jpg (108KB, 1068x712px) Image search: [Google]
teleports behind you.jpg
108KB, 1068x712px
ITT
>>
>>71105564
not the guy but you think that /prod/ needs to be a safe space free of criticism? Lmao, pathetic
>>
>>71105602
it isn't useful criticism

no good can come from it
>>
I want to add vocals in some parts to this but don't want it to get super crowded. I know I'll have to relax the brass a bit but is there anything else I should do to keep the general sound the same. Pads, leads low in background, etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old clip is first. New one is second, but I'm not really happy with how it is sounding so I'll probably go back and change a lot.

https://clyp.it/4l1yifwp
https://clyp.it/ef5cxujv
>>
>>71105785
It is good because it separates the weak from the shaft, if you let a internet pasta on 4chan discourage you, you weren't going to make it anyway.
>>
File: sybasonic dac.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
sybasonic dac.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>71088150
friend of mine wants to become the distributor of these things in his country so he sent me one to tinker with and provide feedback.

i think it sounds good and it can get considerably loud while still maintaining some clarity compared with what my macs onboard is capable of.

does anyone use a DAC like this for /prod/ stuff? is it even a worthwhile purchase for /prod/ stuff? im asking because i want to know if its a viable product for the music producer crowd.
>>
>>71105327
There is such a sadness that that young guy chose to do edm. No one listens to it. Its for crowds, dancing and drugs.
>>
File: MSM-10_Zock.jpg (177KB, 436x372px) Image search: [Google]
MSM-10_Zock.jpg
177KB, 436x372px
Does this song work? Should I change the key? Is there even a key? Does it have any sort of mood? What's good/bad about it?
https://clyp.it/0ibnpwu0

>>71092408
neato
>>
>>71105942
..I mean you'd a expect a young guy to be anti edm, to make the style that smashes through what aging afrojax's were doing and make it look rightfully shit, comfortable and commercial.
>>
File: JUST.png (698KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
698KB, 600x640px
>>71105827
>current year
>not inventing youre own genre
>>
>>71106185
this desu, what's the point in producing if you don't make your own genre. Tbh it doesn't matter if you directly steal parts of your production from other artists or just use presets, flume does it, and he's famous as fuck.
>>
File: 20170218_233808.jpg (750KB, 1080x994px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_233808.jpg
750KB, 1080x994px
>>71088150
Anyone know of any ways to store synths? I know I can use a shoe rack but I'm having a hard time finding one that's angled and would properly fit all of these on Ikea.
>>
>>71088472
Decent but your timing with those bloop bloop bloop bloop noises is off. You should be playing with a metronome so your timing isn't off.
>>
>>71099322
It's good but right when it feels like it's about to go into the meat of the song it cuts off.
>>
>>71104336
>https://clyp.it/jytys4ws
Very pop sounding.
>>
>>71105256
Not him but good for the price.
>>
https://clyp.it/xppokss4

attempting to make vaporwave+shoegaze a thing but it's mostly just shitty synthwave that blurs into a wall of noise
>>
>>71107259
>https://clyp.it/xppokss4
The intro last too long. You sound slightly off tempo at times you should be using a metronome. Could be less repetitive and wider range of tones. You take too long to add new parts in. Really way too repetitive. You need to study up on phrasing. Gets better around the 4min mark but takes way too long to get there. You will have lost a lot of people's interest by then.
>>
File: blips.png (37KB, 1312x685px) Image search: [Google]
blips.png
37KB, 1312x685px
>>71107060

It's meant to be weird and off putting.
>>
Need fucking orchestra plug ins or some shit, vst yo.

Sibelius sounds so fucking shit its not even funny
>>
>>71109100
All the good orchestral libraries are 3rd party libraries for Kontakt.
>>
>>71109129
fucking knotact, i could never get it to work. Ill try again, but what packs in specific?
>>
>>71109157
How realistic are we talking? For top tier stuff, here are some good ones to look up and evaluate:
Strings:
-Spitfire Audio Sable Strings
-Spitfire Audio Mural Strings
-Orchestral Tools Berlin Strings
Brass:
-Cinesamples Cinebrass
-Orchestral Tools Berlin Brass
-Sample Modeling Brass (Extra hard mode- they are dry instruments that require reverb and careful modulation, but are extremely realistic)
Woodwinds:
-Orchestral Tools berlin woodwinds
-Cinesamples Cinewinds
Percussion:
-Spitfire Audio Orchestral Percussion
-Orchestral Tools Orchestral Percussion

All-In-One, Master of none, but still sounding decent: Spitfire Audio Albion ONE series.

Many of these libraries are in the 60GB range
>>
>>71104890
>>71104522
so i have to reformat my posts just to post but someone else can copy and paste my shit and it gets through the filter?

this board is a cuck
>>
>>71100863
>still going on about this
>still thinking you're objectively correct
holy shit lol climb down out of your own ass for a few minutes
>>
>>71109581
responding to retards gets you nowhere
>>
>>71104522
Surprise, newbie producers dont give very good advice

That being said I'm also pretty sick of
>sidechain
>supersaw
>mono low end
>use foley sounds
>unquantized drums
And all the other advice that gets memed around. But its hard to give good feedback, ya know?
>>
>>71091849
Sounds to me like the last two notes are off, so maybe if you look at https://www.pianoworld.com/fun/vpc/piano_chords.htm and try to fit in there you'd have better luck.
>>
>>71088150
sending stuff to soundcloud feels like dropping a goldbar into the desert unless you do some nigger trigger wigger rap shit or EEDEE EM XDD
>>
>>71109973
i doubt you're making any gold bars lol. also trendy6 shit doesnt automatically get popular, you have to have some kind of promotional infrastructure in place, no matter what you make
>>
File: Donald Is Kill.jpg (98KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
Donald Is Kill.jpg
98KB, 430x350px
>>71109910
this is a good post.

also, I wanted to write a rant about how I seem to still be bottom shelf shit after producing for over 4 years, seeing that literally nobody listens to my stuff and actual producers I ask for feedback literally ignore me (after fucking meeting them live and them agreeing to help me).

so does anyone wanna buy ableton 9 suite / launchpad mini / korg dx 8 off me
>>
>>71110359
>nobody listens to my stuff
do you promote it?
>>
>>71110427
Not really, because
1 I have no idea how to do it effectively
2 My depression induced self esteem issues make me feel like I'm spamming people and being annoying if I even so much as share a link to my track on facebook

I guess I should work on that too
>>
>>71088150
Been off this for a while

https://clyp.it/1ehmg2pq

Is this shit/terrible/okay/good? I'm just experimenting
>>
>>71103573
Yeah that's what I meant, never thought something of this genre could actually be good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZ049UeN2c

Is there any instument similar to this in that when you press two notes, it plays the pitch in between the two notes down to the microtone?
>>
>>71109100
this >>71109223
>>
File: IMG_5093.jpg (128KB, 750x1212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5093.jpg
128KB, 750x1212px
>>71104939
feed back pls
>>
File: thats_pretty_good.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thats_pretty_good.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>>71088472
>>
>>71109581
>a bloo bloo
Your music is shit and no one will ever want it

Sorry that triggers you do bad

Please continue hiding behind "it's just for me"
>>
>>71109581
>when you lash out at people who tell you to write lyrics because you know your voice sounds so fucking terrible it's not even an option and you have nothig worthwhile to say at all anyway and it would just be maximum cringe high school poetry tier so you just make a shitty beat for four minutes that obviously needs vocals if you just fucking listen to it but you're a coward so just you say "I just make what I like" and "that's just like you're opinion man"
Ayy
>>
>>71101237
this post is so fucking autistic holy shit
>>
I don't need to make profit from my music but I don't want people stealing credit for it, so what type of protection shud I get?
>>
hey prod is this okay?

https://clyp.it/cx1y2mll

>170bpm something

danke
>>
File: laughing_girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>he is a program music cuck
>>
sunday morning tune, some ebm/techno

https://clyp.it/kxcfc3yx
>>
File: 937e9a56a9-1486996494538.png (519KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
937e9a56a9-1486996494538.png
519KB, 600x580px
>>71114247
he is a 'professional performer' who will be replaced by robots in 10 years
>>
File: Ladies-Night.png (2MB, 1220x908px) Image search: [Google]
Ladies-Night.png
2MB, 1220x908px
>>71114302
>he is a retard and he also doesnt know what program music is
>>
File: 2ec.png (451KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
451KB, 600x580px
>>71114377
>he is a retard who posts classical memes in irrelevant threads
>>
File: laurelLaffin.png (248KB, 367x363px) Image search: [Google]
laurelLaffin.png
248KB, 367x363px
>>71114397
>he only produces pop edm
>he doesnt produce art edm
>>
File: e3285a033a-1487033563024.png (369KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
e3285a033a-1487033563024.png
369KB, 600x580px
>>71114415
>art edm
>>
>>71114423
>oh dear, an anti-intellectual
thanks, i guess i won that round
>>
File: die.jpg (12KB, 350x296px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
12KB, 350x296px
>>71114457
>i guess i won that round
a bad guess
>>
File: 0000_grimes_elise.jpg (334KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0000_grimes_elise.jpg
334KB, 1280x1280px
>>71114494
>he is a retard who posts >>>/b/ memes in irrelevant threads
nothing personnel kid
>>
Don't know how retarded this will sound but do people use both compression and sidechain? Like, do you compress a bass line to give it a pop-punchy sound or whatever, than sidechain it to the kick to make it sit better in the mix?
>>
File: d53.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
d53.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>71114510
>he is a retard who can't greentext
>>
>>71114801
of course
if it sounds right it is right
>>
>>71112814
>>71112953
imagine being this oblivious of how badly you need to kill yourself
>>
>>71114801
of course you can use both, they do totally different things
>>
>>71108721
It's not weird and off putting it's just bad sounding because you're timing is off. You need a better understanding of music theory.
>>
>>71114302
>he is a 'professional performer' who will be replaced by robots in 10 years
You have absolutely no understanding of playing a physical instrument and all of nuances in playing styles that change how the exact same piece played on the exact same instrument by two difference people sound.
>>
>>71115668
>change how the exact same piece played on the exact same instrument by two difference people sound.
sentimental granny pls
it's time to die already
>>
>>71115668
the instrument is like a whole ecosystem you can live in
>>
>>71115764
Yeah, confirmed for know nothing.
>>
>>71115764
>>71115828
If you're going to same fag you need to at least change how you type so it isn't so obvious.
>>
>>71115022
you seem to know

tell us
>>
>>71115858
>how could more than one person possibly be laughing at me?!
that post really resonated with me
>>
>>71115884
If you don't want to get called out on samefagging then do a better job of it.
>>
>>71115878
>I KNO U R BUT WUT AM I XD
try harder
>>
>>71115905
by accusing me and that other guy of being the same person, you could kind of say that you're "giving a name to the nameless"
>>
>>71115828
>being this autistic about a metaphor that you refuse to ever let it go and bring it up to strangers who have no idea what you're even fucking going on about and you just seem bitter and obsessed
W O M A N L Y
O
M
A
N
L
Y

;)
>>
>>71115925
So a useless attempt to sound deep by an idiot that can't even figure out how to samefag properly?
>>
>>71115668
with todays technology you can invent any a new instrument and then use it to complain whenever someone doesn't know how to massage every last nuance out of it.

now that the computer/synthesizer and the human voice are the last truly useful and distinctive instruments available, all the other ones really just exist for nothing more than steampunk retro fetishism and trolling other musicians.
>>
>>71115933
i'm not letting it go yet because it's still funny. you have no self-awareness about how corny you are lol
>>71115966
>a useless attempt to sound deep
hey, maybe you do have some self-awareness after all! remember? that was from one of your posts earlier >>71093449
>>
>>71115764
this post is fucking moronic

do people in here have anything fucking clue about anything?
>>
>>71116029
he's probably just trolling the MUHLYRICS guy
>>
>>71116024
>when you don't realize you're talking to two different people who are both tired of your feminine crying
sad!
>>
File: You're getting paranoid.jpg (33KB, 795x139px) Image search: [Google]
You're getting paranoid.jpg
33KB, 795x139px
>>71116024
>>
>>71116051
that doesn't even make sense you obvious samefag

just stop already

walk away from the computer

you've had enough for today
>>
>>71116024
>corny
>ends sentences with lol
i want reddit to leave
>>
>>71116141
>t. is the reddit
>>
>>71116153
>when you fuck up the simplest meme on 4chan

t. not a retard
>>
>>71116055
>dickriding trump so hard that you even talk like him
you could even say it's... sad
>>71116079
not my fault some other guy started responding as if he was you. also i kinda think you're just on your laptop and your phone, really lol.
>>71116090
damn, if this is the literacy level produced by the current american education system imagine what's gonna happen under betsy devos
>>71116141
>get out of muh clubhouse
oh wow lol what year is it?
>>
>>71116168
t. is the abbreviation for tfw, you turbo retard
>>
>>71116189
he thinks we're the same person, give him some time to figure things out
>>
>>71116012
Things such as the way you fret your instrument, the part of your finger you hold down the string with, where in relation to the fret you hold it, how hard you hold it, how far you depress it, the way you hold your finger or move it while hold the string, the way you change from one part of the neck to the other, the way you release and press down on a string and many other factors change how the exact same notes sound and give different players their own style and sound when playing the exact same musical pieces on the same instrument.

And that is just the left hand and doesn't even come close to all of the factors that change your tone with how you use your left hand on a string instrument.

Once you get into your right how and how you pick, pluck, strum, or bow your strings you get even more uniqueness in playing style. Things such as the angle of the pick both horizontally and vertically, the motion of the pick and bow, the way in which you attack the string and release it and a large number of other things all effect your sound.

No, robots will not be replacing musicians.

>>71116179
>not my fault some other guy started responding as if he was you. also i kinda think you're just on your laptop and your phone, really lol.
Pure damage control.
>>
made a chiptune arrangement of drunken sailor, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnPR6rw2HMs
>>
File: drumpfycnn.jpg (70KB, 426x433px) Image search: [Google]
drumpfycnn.jpg
70KB, 426x433px
>>71116179
hey you forgot this
>>
>>71116207
yeah i bet youre real great at frotting your instrument. heck, i bet you frot every instrument you can find
>>
>>71116207
>Pure damage control
so this post >>71115966 that responded to a post directed at you and talks like you is just some other person who decided to show up and jump into the conversation unannounced?
>>71116221
you know you alt-right people use "drumpf" more than anyone else... kind of falls in line with the pattern of being unable to get over things
>>
>>71116189
>t. is the abbreviation for tfw, you turbo retard
no. it's from /int/

it's an abbreviations for a word that means "regards" in some fucking subhuman language

t. professional shitposter
>>
>>71116207
lol of course you're a guitarist
>>
samefag used to mean something.

now its just a distraction countermeasure you can use whenever two people smarter than you don't capitalize the start of their sentences.

now that's "sad"
>>
File: 1366610665694.jpg (98KB, 612x613px) Image search: [Google]
1366610665694.jpg
98KB, 612x613px
>this "argument"
please kys all of you
>>
>>71116321
this
>>
>>71116321
>>71116331
samefag

>>71116329
this

worst /prod/ ever
>>
>>71116343
see >>71116329
>>
>>71116343
lrn2timestamps
>>
File: bigred.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bigred.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>71116354
>yfw i'm crashing this thread with no survivors
>>
>>71116343
>forgetting soundcloud kid
>>
>>71116379
migrate while you still can >>71116401
>>
>>71116300
I play the viola, guitar, and keyboard anon. Try actually learning how to make music instead of just learning shitty memes.
>>
>>71116413
why? why would you tell him to come to the next thread?
>>
>>71116414
lmao you literally just admitted to being a guitarist
>>
>>71116437
>proving my point
>>
>>71116414
dude but it's so much easier to click shit into a grid

I-i'm a musician too

pls respond
>>
>>71116414
>MY WAY IS TEH ONLEE WAY
that really doesn't resonate with me
>>
>>71116452
Never said that anon. Nice try though.
>>
>>71116433
i'm everywhere you want 2 be, baby

here's a song 4 u bb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Yt0xJKDY8
>>
>>71116452
>being this insecure that you can't actually play an instrument
i bet your bedroom concerts are dope

>dude did you see him click that shit
>FUCKIN SIQQ
>>
>>71116365
this
>>
>>71116467
you impled i didn't know how to make music because i don't play muhreelinstruments and sing muhsoulfulpoeticlyrix
>>
>>71116493
>I don't know how to actually make music
>that means that you think music can only be made one way
Yes that's right anon. If you don't know how to make music then you cannot make music.
>>
>>71116486
>he doesn't share my weird need for validation THIS IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM AND NOT ME. i'm gonna fuckin ROCK the coffee house next time i play the open mic!
>>
>>71116493
nobody is implying you don't know how to make music

we're implying you're not a musician

>>
>>71116516
being a musician is literally among the least desirable ways to create music
>>
>>71116509
>>71116516
lol what are you even doing in /prod/, don't you have some hawt lixx to play for your dads with the guitars they bought you for your birthdays?
>>
>>71116515
>playing your music for people live is just a need for validation!!!!
>why can't I just upload my garbage on soundcloud where it dies with 8 plays!!!!
>stop making fun of me i don't want to be popular!!
that's fine

you're still not a musician though mr mcgrid
>>
>>71116515
>I don't know how to actually make music
>But I can't total still make music man!
Honestly anon that's pretty sad. Midi controllers are cheap you have no excuse.

>>71116542
Go pick up a $30 midi keyboard and learn how to actually make some music instead of just shit posting.
>>
>>71116544
>heretic distaste for regular sound
what are you even doing in music mah dude
>>
>>71116542
I don't play guitar licks

i play a synthesizer which has a keyboard

sometimes i play with both hands you know

chords in the left melody in the right

or maybe bass in the left chords in the right you know i switch it up

sometimes i play with one hand and turn the knobs with the other

but what i never do

i use my mouse to be a faggot

can you imagine having to slide your notes around on a grid with a mouse to give some semblance of groove when you could just play it in real time which translates easily to the stage? awful!

why would anyone defend this behavior!
>>
>>71116578
Not him but you are definitely not "in music."
>>
File: dj-mcgrid.jpg (8KB, 229x240px) Image search: [Google]
dj-mcgrid.jpg
8KB, 229x240px
>>71116593
yeah really

who ever
>>
>>71116609
>trying to ad heminem an anonymous poster
are you bored with your life or something?
>>
>>71116635
>he thinks his electronic grid based garbage is comparable to fucking Beethoven who could play the piano like a fucking phenom and had extensive music theory knowledge and was a genius able to compose unbelievably complex music in entirely in his head
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>71116593
They are making programs that translate the instrument cable signals of string instruments into midi signals. It's a pretty fun way to add extra elements into your music on top of your keyboard.

It's pretty neat knowing how to actually play music and being able to mix all of the details and differences of actual instruments into your midi music now.

>>71116635
Oh, he actually learned how to play the instruments he composed for. That's part of the reason his pieces where so go.

>>71116660
It's true though, any actual composer would just laugh at you. I know composers and they learn how to actually play the instruments they compose for.

Now I'm going to go make some actually good music since I understand all of the ins and outs of the instruments I am making it with and I understand music theory.
>>
>>71116686
the slight "human touch" is nothing more than the erroneous deviations from the pure musical ideal that is notated. that pure musical ideal is actually expressible through electronic instruments. sad that some people can't ever appreciate this out of the fear they'd starve to death of their newly-found obsoleteness. the truest musicians among them might seppuky on the spot at the glory of the grid.

>>71116703
>he thinks how its made makes any difference after it's been pressed to a digital recording
lol

>his method of work limits himself to instruments he can understand.
>the results of his work must be filtered by the always-restrictive lens of physical ability.
lmao
>>
>>71116609
telling someone (who proudly admits he doesn't know how to play a single instrument) that he is not "in music" is not an ad hominem

it's a fact
>>
>>71116820
oops this was meant for
>>71116660
this faggot
>>
>>71116813
>he thinks how its made makes any difference after it's been pressed to a digital recording
Yes actually does and you are just showing you're complete lack of understanding now.

>>71116813
>his method of work limits himself to instruments he can understand.
I have 3 physical instruments to work with and a massive array of virtual instruments I can use them to control and take advantage of the different sounds and styles of notes from each of those 3 instruments.

While you have absolutely no variation in your instrumentation,

I have a lot less restriction in my range of music than you do.
>>
>>71116813
>the slight "human touch" is nothing more than the erroneous deviations from the pure musical ideal that is notated

this is so unbelievably categorically wrong that i can't even...i can't even begin to understand how someone can use mental gymnastics so hard that they try and tell me things like "groove" and "the human element" are actually "falling short of an ideal", when music made to that "ideal" is shit and no one likes it but music with a "human element" and "actually played instruments" will make your song instantly ten thousand times better.

> erroneous deviations
this nigga. you really have no idea what you're talking about it.

now I am 100% certain your music is soulless and says nothing. no wonder you're so hostile to lyrics.
>>
>>71116899
it's 0's and 1's you mung. i can literally randomly generate a cd and you'd mistake it for beethoven, mozart, schkenkenberg rose from the dead to start a dream theater cover band

you could know 1000 physical instruments and since the computer can replicate all of them and any playing technique you could think to try (and then some you couldn't even think of let alone learn) then youre that much worse off

>>71116949
>music is soulless
>music says nothing
music is an art form that uses sound as its medium

sound is fluctuations in air pressure

fluctuations in air pressure have no way of encoding meaning or soul

sorry to be the one to tell you this but i also cant let you ignore the truth any longer
>>
>>71116899
oh and you probably think music is a bunch of people playing instruments together and maybe some people are singing

LOL
>>
>>71117010
>since the computer can replicate all of them and any playing technique you could think to try (and then some you couldn't even think of let alone learn) then youre that much worse off

Not true at all.

>>71117034
>midi music is a bunch of people playing music together.
>>
>>71116544
>playing your music for people live is just a need for validation!!!!
for you
>why can't I just upload my garbage on soundcloud where it dies with 8 plays!!!!
see what i mean?
>you're still not a musician though mr mcgrid
i think you're confusing musician with instrumentalist, as stupid people often do
>>71116593
i have a keyboard and a drum pad lol, i hate clicking in parts. but i also don't try to claim that it isn't "real music"
>>
>>71117048
now this is a 0/100 star post
>>
>>71116949
>no one likes it
there are literally genres built around sequenced sounds lol, you really need to stop thinking that only the things you like are artistically valid
>>
>>71117010
>fluctuations in air pressure have no way of encoding meaning or soul
wh...what?

are you a reptilian? am I being bogdanoff'd? are you from a robot future?

>this just in on /prod/—music doesn't make you actually feel anything and soul doesn't exist
this is getting embarrassing to the point i feel like i'm being trolled.

>you could know 1000 physical instruments and since the computer can replicate all of them and any playing technique you could think to try (and then some you couldn't even think of let alone learn) then youre that much worse off
The point is, retard, that the choices you make moving things with a mouse are analytical with an inherent delay in the response time versus the immediate tactile response of playing the note exactly when it's most perfect. this is what groove is.

And yes, you can replicate any groove with a computer and there is nothing you can do on an instrument that can't be replicated with a mouse if you have enough time. But what takes you a week...takes me ten minutes.

So you're defending a shit practice because you're too lazy to learn, even though you end up spending WAY MORE TIME trying to "get it right" when you could just play it and be done with it.

When I play with my keyboard I usually input quantize to about 70-80% and I rarely ever don't get exactly what I want on the first pass. I never have to fuck around with a mouse and I can get on with making music in the moment, which usually makes for more honest choices. Plus, shit gets done while it's still fun.

Have fun twiddling your bass with a mouse for two hours while I've already finished my arrangement you mung.
>>
>>71117120
>here are literally genres built around sequenced sounds lol
yeah, and they usually still have have some human element, like playing a sampler over a programmed drum or singing over it (muh lyrics!), or playing an synth line over a sequenced bass.

you are so insecure it's disgusting. just learn a fucking keyboard it's not hard
>>
>>71117152
>When I play with my keyboard I usually input quantize to about 70-80%
oh wow you fucking gigantic fag and you're still giving other people shit about clicking in parts? you can't even actually play in time after all this?
>>71117174
already told you i play a keyboard/drumpad dumbfuck. what you need to understand is that you're way is not the only way or even the better way it's just... wait for it.... A FUCKING WAY! you're so far up your own ass that you can't realize that it's all just a matter of preference
>>
>>71117213
>oh wow you fucking gigantic fag and you're still giving other people shit about clicking in parts? you can't even actually play in time after all this?
what is latency.jpg

you can start learning any time
>>
>>71117152
>music doesn't make you actually feel anything and soul doesn't exist
obvious strawman, obvious moving the goal posts

>But what takes you a week...takes me ten minutes.
wow amazing that's everything i look for in new music: how quickly it was made wow

taking a week to get it right is better than shitting it out sans filter in 10 seconds

>arrangement
lol relax beethoven with the glitch hop sonata there
>>
>>71117213
>already told you i play a keyboard/drumpad dumbfuck. what you need to understand is that you're way is not the only way or even the better way it's just... wait for it.... A FUCKING WAY! you're so far up your own ass that you can't realize that it's all just a matter of preference
he's getting mad quick hide your keyboards he's gonna program us to death!
>>
>>71117235
latency is constant- you shouldn't have to use any quantize whatsoever, just slide the entire track back some # of milliseconds when you're done

noob
>>
File: 1476042615399.jpg (196KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476042615399.jpg
196KB, 900x900px
>tfw all this time people still don't realize what program music is and what the whole point of this argument was supposed to be
oh well there's always the next thread
>>
>>71117235
>what is latency
not a significant enough factor to necessitate 70-80% input quantize if you can play... unless you're computer is just shit and you were too dumb to include that relevant info
>>71117263
>quick hide your keyboards he's gonna program us to death
this is why i wanna see your lyrics, because you're just so hilariously bad at doing anything creative with language every time you've tried in this thread
>>
>>71117239
>wow amazing that's everything i look for in new music: how quickly it was made wow
so you like to spend a long time doing shit that could take you five minutes wow you're so brave what a hero

>taking a week to get it right is better than shitting it out sans filter in 10 seconds
not what I said

I said I get exactly what I want very fast. It comes out "exactly right" instantly. Sorry it takes you two weeks of thinking you're Thom Yorke making Kid A to finish a fucking bassline.

And are you seriously triggered by the word "arrangement"?

why are people so proud of their ignorance. it boggles the mind.
>>
>>71117271
>latency is constant- you shouldn't have to use any quantize whatsoever, just slide the entire track back some # of milliseconds when you're done
but i get great results with input quantize which convey the meaning I want exactly and it's entered in real time and i don't have to take that extra step of sliding shit around it's done right immediately

retard

>hurr why are you using the features of your DAW and not adding extra steps like me
fucking retard
>>
>>71117307
>wow you're so brave what a hero
>thinking you're Thom Yorke making Kid A to finish a fucking bassline.
brb applying to juilliard after this stunningly eloquent endorsement of learning an instrument
>>71117331
>convey the meaning I want exactly
with the aid of mechanical quantization, making everything i'm saying pretty much fucking pointless*
>>
>>71117304
>you're just so hilariously bad at doing anything creative with language every time you've tried in this thread
4 u

you're a retard though as you've proven several times already with amazing efficiency so why would you think i'd ever give a shit about what mr mcgrid thinks?
>>
Best DAW for a complete beginner (no mac)? Where can I pirate good samples?
>>
>>71117361
>with the aid of mechanical quantization, making everything i'm saying pretty much fucking pointless*
says the man who thinks groove is an "erroneous deviation"

you're fucking out there m8
>>
>>71117379
Reaper is a great DAW and they have amazing tutorial videos on their website and unlimited free-trial.

It's not as good with MIDI as some other daws but it's amazing for recording and mixing. And the midi isn't bad since it's 100% customizable (everything is)
>>
>>71117307
what boggles the mind less but upsets it more is the hyper-intellectualism with which some people elevate themselves past their amateur bedroom edm station

>umm yeah im a modern composer i just finished my new piece so please go to www.target.com and vote for lindsey sterling remi- um rearrangement

>>71117331
>but i get great results with input quantize
oh, so you basically just undo all of the whole song and dance about the muh human touch, dont you?

hilarious how the same people who hem and haw about muh instruments are the same who use all of the daw cheat codes
>>
>>71117384
not me, but that guy is also not wrong. you do know that sheet music was a thing before muh evil quantized compyooters, right? music is written in perfect time and played slightly out of time, deviating from what's written
>>
>>71117425
>hilarious how the same people who hem and haw about muh instruments are the same who use all of the daw cheat codes

>playing an instrument into a computer is the same as playing live

L A T E N C Y
A
T
E
N
C
Y

It's just easier to use a bit of input quantize to get things pretty close to the grid for arrangement purposes. I can still play the shit out of a synth live and keep in time with a drummer and i can actually play live so while you might think you've "got me" i don't care because i'm not a bedroom mcmusician like you and people actually can hear my songs because i'm not limited to being a dawbabby

stay jelly
>>
>>71117435
>played slightly out of time, deviating from what's writte
that's my point

this element is important

sheet music never translated to PERFECT RIGID ON THE GRID SOUND because it's fucking impossible and that's why many people think it sounds like shit unless it's used as a creative choice like machine gun hats and note-repeat stutters

but hey make garbage what do i care
>>
>>71117497
>a bit
>70-80%
pick one lol
>making music without muh bands n werds means no one will ever hear it
lol really got your finger on the pulse of what's going on with music these days, don't you? certainly not living in an era where there are literally more successful bedroom producers than there ever have been
>>71117532
>make garbage
lol yup, that's what literally everyone who doesn't do something you approve of is doing
>>
>>71117566
>lol really got your finger on the pulse of what's going on with music these days, don't you? certainly not living in an era where there are literally more successful bedroom producers than there ever have been
You will never know the feeling of playing your music live on stage as you look out at all qt grills mirin' your style.

i don't care if strangers leave comments on my soundcloud who gives a shit i want to play music live and see the reaction because it's electric and awesome. It's like having sex vs masturbating. There's no comparison.

>lol yup, that's what literally everyone who doesn't do something you approve of is doing
mostly just you
>>
>>71117497
t. will never be as relevant as bedroom mcmusicians such as beethoven
>>
>>71117620
>qt grills mirin' your style
t. rockism so extensive it to having the most rockist mentality to self-worth possible
>>
>>71117621
>beethoven is a bedroom mcmusician because he went deaf at the end of his life and was forced to compose in his head.
Beethoven put on amazing, legendary concerts. He is one of the greatest piano performers of all time and people came from all around just to watch that motherfucker play.

but keep on thinking you're like beethoven it is comedy gold
>>
>>71117654
>t. buzzwords so extensive it to having the most buzzword mentality to self-worth possible
you just jelly

I don't play rock

>>
>>71117379
FL Studio/Ableton, and use rutracker for samples
>>
>>71117697
>live drummer
>not ruck

you do youre just ignorant of it
>>
>>71117724
I use a drum machine (really more of a sample machine) 90% of the time because it fits the music i make

but sometimes I will show what I got to drummers I know and they say "hey if you ever want live drums i'd be down" and I say "fuck yeah that'd be cool" and I rework the song around what they play because it's fun to have a live version AND a studio version. It's also fun to play with other musicians (something you do not understand) because it's inspiring and electric

you're not on the new wave of anything for "embracing technology" and people who know how to play live are already using the same shit you are and are just enhancing our live shows with it so you're not gonna "get me" for "playing rock" when I know what I play and it ain't old hat. Both of the instruments I use 90% of the time never even existed until the past two years.
>>
>>71117824
>It's also fun to play with other musicians (something you do not understand) because it's inspiring and electric
lol instrumentalists are neither inspiring nor electric

>you're not on the new wave of anything for "embracing technology"
lol you have no clue whatsoever to what it means to really do that
>>
>>71117919
>lol instrumentalists are neither inspiring nor electric
4 u

hard to be inspired by live music when you never leave your room

>lol you have no clue whatsoever to what it means to really do that

>he doesn't know that I automate the shit out of every track in my DAW with such meticulous fingers to take advantage of all the processing and effects and technology I can use as long as it's still tasteful and he thinks I haven't embraced technology because sometimes playing a live bass just sounds better than a synth depending on the song especially when you allow yourself the freedom to layer it with parallel tracks and synths and other effects and then if you do play it live you just strip down and do a minimalist version and people check it out online and get to re-experience the song for the first time all over again because it's a studio version with production and you blow them away twice with one song
stay pleb
>>
>>71118033
>any human input whatsoever
>embracing technology
choose 1, pleb
>>
>>71118121
>why are you utilizing elements people like!?!?
sounds good

have fun with what you do though, cold robot man
>>
>>71118163
<--- the point

<--- peak of mt. dum dum

<--- you
>>
>>71118194
nah

your taste is bad and uncommon and most people violently detest it

maybe the ragtag band of muppets in your "scene" like it but I like to play music that most people would want to listen to because it's a fun challenge trying figure out how what I like intersects with what people like and it prevents me from hiding behind the security blanket of "that's just the style man" as a cowardly excuse for the criticisms my friends have when I play them my SIQQ GlitchHopBreakBeat that they have to listen to with fake smiles as they stumble about looking for anything to even say about it because it is nothing music that makes them feel nothing so when I ask them what they think they go "it's good" to protect my feelings when I can tell in their heart they are screaming out "WHY do you make this faggot shit"

sorry to break it to you that's just the way it is. your taste is bad and you're probably autistic.
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.