[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

irrational hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 50

File: memegirl.jpg (9KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
memegirl.jpg
9KB, 199x253px
Are there any artists that are considered "interesting' but you find boring as fuck? For me grimes is a good example. Her music and artistic "aesthetic" is just a myriad of cliches of late 2000s indie pop or art pop. It's a bunch of shit that is trying to scream "look how eclectic and artsy I am" but it comes off pathetic, tryhard and insincere. I don't know, both she and her music is just so boring. Watched some interviews to see if I'm right on this and yeah, she just seems like such a boring person.
>>
File: 1486694903372.png (1MB, 1263x891px) Image search: [Google]
1486694903372.png
1MB, 1263x891px
>>71079743
So, yet another hate thread dedicated to Grimes? Jfc, you're relentless. Just how dull as a person you must be if you find a genuinely exciting artist like Grimes to be boring? Dude, stop projecting your own boringness on her. "Boring" is the shittiest argument you could have when discussing art. This argument should be banned forever.

>Her music and artistic "aesthetic" is just a myriad of cliches of late 2000s indie pop or art pop.
Name 10 cliches from all that myriad.
>>
>>71079743
naw yeah your assessment is pretty on the nose

Its not so much that grimes is like, a spectacularly bad artist, there are plenty of artists who are worse than she is, not that its an especially high bar, but grimes is faaaaaaar from being anything special, at all. Her music was bad trendhoppercore back in 2011 and now the meme is dead. Just makes all the obsession on this board by a handful of obnoxious cringey autists all the more irritating.
>>
>>71080248
Did you know that Joanna Newsom really appreciates Grimes? I'm not even talking about the myriad of critics. You just don't like her music, big deal. It doesn't mean it's not amazing.

>Her music was bad trendhoppercore back in 2011 and now the meme is dead.
Stop talking out your ass. Her music wans't even that popular in 2011. And by the way if you pretend the meme is dead how come her music is more relevant NOW than ever? Checkmate.
>>
>>71079743
>>71080248
>Needing to write lengthy paragraphs in order to explain why you think a particular artist is uninteresting
Lol you yourselves are the best proof there is for why you are wrong.
>>
>>71079743
Fuck i jsut made a thread about her, i feel that /Mmu/ are a bunch of autistic hipsters.
her music is good but fuck her asthetic is so cringy man
>>
File: 1477766362391.jpg (2MB, 2487x3730px) Image search: [Google]
1477766362391.jpg
2MB, 2487x3730px
>>71080335
Hit the nail on the head. If she's that boring and uninteresting, why these folks wrote lengthy paragraphs about her? Maybe they have conflicting ideas about her...
>>
>>71080302
who gives a fuck about joanna newsom were talking about grimes are you high or something
>>
>>71080335
>you yourselves
I'm new o mu and this is telling me how trash you guys are.
>>
File: 1487169189859.png (2MB, 1866x891px) Image search: [Google]
1487169189859.png
2MB, 1866x891px
>>71080351
>her asthetic is so cringy man
It's not at all. Her aesthetic fits her music perfectly. If you dislike her aesthetic, just stick to her music.
>>
>>71080302
>>71080302
Yeah yeah yeah ive heard that johanna newsome once said she heard a grimes song or whatever and some hacky shill critics endorsed her music big fucking whoop you retards never fucking shut up about it. Here are some other fun quotes: "grimes is the most overrated act of the past 10 years" -chris ott "i find her physically repulsive" -based devin-sama.
>just because you dont like it doesnt mean it isnt amazing
yes it does actually, my opinions are objectivley correct. cant argue with science check mate grimesfags
>Stop talking out your ass. Her music wans't even that popular in 2011
Oh yeah p4k gave her track of the year in 2012 to that DREADFUL genesis song but yeah that wasnt her peak relevancy or anything
>>
File: 1483400903147.png (89KB, 330x328px) Image search: [Google]
1483400903147.png
89KB, 330x328px
Only her music is good, otherwise everything else about her belongs in the chemo ward.
>>
>>71080386
>It's not at all.
this is not an attack so please do not take offence to this but, are you a hipster? or have you not seen any of her videos?
>>
File: 1486908850779.jpg (179KB, 630x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486908850779.jpg
179KB, 630x1024px
>>71080365
>who gives a fuck about joanna newsom
Lots of people.
>were talking about grimes
Right. And Joanna Newsom mentioned some nice things about Grimes. Get it?

>Interviewer: What young artists do you feel an affinity with? I heard you're a Kendrick fan.
>Joanna Newsom: I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
http://www.spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/

>In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.
http://www.rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/

If a respected artist like Joanna likes Grimes who are you to disparage the latter artist?
>>
She's got some songs I enjoy somewhat but on the whole I agree with you that I don't find her music that good.
>>
>>71080411
I'm not a hipster and I like her videos. I've seen all her videos and all of them have great visuals. It's just a matter of taste, don't play the hipster card, bruh.
>>
>>71080426
yeah man most of her music is good, a few songs are just fuckign hispster trash that fits her and her style 100%.
idk where she steals the ideas for the good songs though
>>
File: IMG_2552.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2552.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>71080425
>and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty
she's disinterested in it because even if she wanted to be interested in it, she doesn't have any beauty for her to be interested in

lol
>>
>>71080393
Lol - what he actually said:

>I find her physically repulsive. I am literally 0% attracted to her face and body.
>
>That does not mean I'm not attracted to her at all though. Her personality more than makes up for all of that and I am not a shallow person at all. She's a Pisces, I'm a Cancer, do the math (pseudo science I should say).
>
>Claire is one of the most wonderful, smart, funny, briliant, fun to be around people I have ever met and I wish we were as close as we used to be.
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S51021880#p51023667
>>
>>71080393
You also mentioned these 2 hacks before. I also told you before that Ott was btfo by P4K for being a massive prick. If you think these 2 hacks have any importance, you're a delusional fool.
>yes it does actually, my opinions are objectivley correct.
Except they're not. And don't bring objectivity when it comes to your subjective opinions.
>Oh yeah p4k gave her track of the year in 2012 to that DREADFUL genesis song but yeah that wasnt her peak relevancy or anything
It was Oblivion, not Genesis. I have a feeling you didn't even listen to her music, you just hate her for the sake of it. Correct?
>>
>>71080393
>p4k gave her track of the year in 2012 to that DREADFUL genesis song
Lmao you don't even know what her songs are called.
>>
>>71080451
>don't play the hipster card, bruh.
so you are a hipster, why take up the defensive after a stated that my words were not inteded to cause offence.
it just seams like your a hipster that cant acutly handle being called one , how about insted of trying to be such a secial snowflake you work on meturing on a mental level
>>
File: IMG_2710.jpg (18KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2710.jpg
18KB, 220x180px
>>71080425
>those quotes
wow johanna newsome is obliquely aware of grimes and has maybe heard a few of her songs and called them "nice"

truly an endorsement for the ages
>>
>>71080482
That anon --> btfo. Even that Devin hack had some nice things to say about Grimey. Why the haters cherrypick paragraphs out of context to support their idiotic views?
>>
>>71080351
Lol looks like you Grimes haters need to start your own "containment" thread.
>>
>>71080580
this is about music and not the person isnt it?
i dont hate her music just her 'style' if you could call it that, why are you so trggerd by this?
is it because you think im tryign to melt you, special snowflake?
https://youtu.be/1FH-q0I1fJY how isnt this video hipster? and there are many more like this
>>
>>71080538
He didn't even listen to her music. He's just shitposting here.

>>71080557
>reading comprehension
Let's clear things up:
>I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her.
>this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music
>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
>I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me.
>I like her music as well, and I like what she says.

That sounds like high praise. Just admit defeat.
>>
>>71080537
>Ott was btfo by P4K for being a massive prick
He was BTFO by pitchfork for being the only critic there with enough integrity and testicular fortitude to actually call out the indie darling flavor of the month buzzbands for sucking balls. And if you think any of the critics who endorsed grimes are more relevant than ott? Are you kidding me? What other critics have come out of pitchfork have HALF the name recognition as ott? Ian "hey heres a 9 page essay about my bar mitsvah because my life is oh so fascinating and you should be thankful for reading about it" cohen? Jayson "kanye is going to drop a brick" greene? Mark "who cares" richardson? Lindsay "girl btw" zoladz? That other girl whos the memelord? That grayson guy they bring out of the closet to review metal albums every once in a while? On what planet are ANY of these people "relevant?" What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>71080633
>how isnt this video hipster?
Who said it wasn't? And why should anyone care one way or the other?
>>
File: G.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
You haters should realize one thing: the more you discuss her, the more you assess her relevancy. Sorry for you, but you can't win this game. You never won even once.
>>
>>71080633
Let's assume it's a hipster video. Now what? Are you going to hate it because you hate hipster things? Are you such a narrow minded person?
>>
>>71080646
>That sounds like high praise. Just admit defeat.
No. It. Fucking. Does. Not. Shes talking about her fucking self more than grimes ffs. "I like her music" WOW SUCH HIGH PRAISE

God you faggots are so desperate for any form of validation its truly pathetic
>>
>>71080682
>knowing, by heart, the names of people who write for P4k
Lol hi Chris. How's unemployment treating you?
>>
>>71080693
>Who said it wasn't?
this thread said she wasnt a hipster, are you an actual retard?
you guys are just a group of children that cant take someone with legitimate thoughts on their favorate thing so you get all defencive.
if im drunk and can see how retarded you guys are but you cant, what does that say about you?
>>
File: IMG_2197.png (137KB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2197.png
137KB, 400x244px
>>71080696
sounds like something someone who's losing would say
>>
>>71080682
Stop defending that prick, ffs. It makes you look bad. Or are you actually Ott? Spill the beans.

>Ott is a notorious crank who uses his Twitter feed to decry the commodification of the independent arts. At his best he can be a necessary check on the capitalist impulses of the music industry and the publications that cover it. At his worst he can be a straight-up asshole who uses his modest platform to hammer away at personal grudges, many of which seem to end up involving women who make and/or write about indie rock. To some he is an anti-hero, to others he is simply a verbal harasser.

>I would say it does, but Pitchfork has deleted plenty of articles before—in some cases, infamously so—and practically speaking, Ott is a unique case. His structural criticism was often a trojan horse for a personal vendetta, and he has gone out of his way to inflame the individuals who work at and run Pitchfork. He probably deserved something. But who exactly was punished?

http://tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618
>>
>>71080713
>God you faggots are so desperate for any form of validation
Then why do you keep contributing to their validation by making threads like these?
>>
>>71080744
>this thread said she wasnt a hipster, are you an actual retard?
Grimes =/= a particular music video
>>
File: IMG_1028.png (13KB, 779x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1028.png
13KB, 779x615px
>>71080726
>not knowing, by heart, the names of people who write for P4k
lets play a game of spot the dumb newfaggot
>>
>>71080712
>you going to hate somthign that you dont like even though you have given it the time to actualy see if you like it or not
oh yes im so narrow minded and evil you special snowflake.
mate just because you call others narrowminded doesnt make you any different, at least i gave her videos the time of day unlinke you are giving my opinion. so whom is realy the narrow minded person here?
>>
>>71080713
>pretending to be an idiot
READ THIS:
>I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and SO INCREDIBLY TALENTED, SKILLED, AND FUN. I LOVE HER.

That's high praise, you stubborn contrarian. Stop being a try-hard, dumbass.
>>
>>71080744
>if im drunk
Well... that explains EVERYTHING.
>>
>>71080748
No way. It sounds like someone who won every time. I have my arguments ready, you have nothing but shitposting.
>>
>>71080750
Is it really so different from bradford cox always getting his cox rode whenever he releases an album because he and shrieber are butt buddies

no it isnt
>>
>>71080682
Shut up, Ott. You're still a prick. And stop hating Grimes. Hating Grimes is passé.
>>
>>71080770
>Grimes =/= a particular music video
https://youtu.be/vIi57zhDl78 here is another, and i can post al her videos and they are all hipster as fuck
>>71080794
>i cant think of somthing to say so ill use ad homenum instead
so your a child or autistic?

this whole thread is retarded, i get attacked cos i said shes a fucking hipster but her music is good.
you are all closed minded fool just lying to yourself so your pathetic lives mean somthing by being a himpster snow flak rather then meturing in an intelecutal and emotional sence.
keep using your hipster crutch faggots see how far that gets you
>>
File: IMG_2252.png (15KB, 528x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2252.png
15KB, 528x434px
>>71080815
>I have my arguments ready
You are such a fucking redditor cringelord its not even funny
>>
Just how pathetic a passe critic like Ott must be to always invoke his crappy essays about the far more relevant Grimes? Do I sense a hint of envy?
>>
>>71080870
>implying you're not a redditor
Stop pretending, son.
>>
File: 1.jpg (224KB, 1535x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
224KB, 1535x2048px
>>71080478
When she's interested in her own beauty she features on fashion magazines. Checkmate, Roland McBurger.
>>
File: IMG_2097.jpg (65KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2097.jpg
65KB, 403x403px
>>71080910
I may be a lot of things but im not a fucking redditor

You on the other hand
>>
>>71080787
If you're narrow minded then stop talking about her. You just don't understand her art, why the fuck are you wasting your time posting about an artist you have nothing in common? That's autistic, bruh.
>>
File: 1480976113480.jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480976113480.jpg
94KB, 600x600px
'cuse me but is this the ariel pink thread?
>>
>>71081006
i wish
>>
>>71079743
It's mostly because people are tired of the constant spamming and thread derailing.
>>
>>71080862
>they are all hipster as fuck
So fucking what? If they're hipster does that mean they're automatically bad? Dude, the first thing you should learn about art is that it's subjective. If you don't like her art, fucking move on already.
>>
>>71081001
hahha your posts make me laugh
>if you cant enjoy her visual athetics why post about her
what is actualy autisic is that you think if i hate her videos and her as a person i cannot like her music.
what is wrong with you man? mabey you need to go see a doctor?
>>
>>71080956
>not a fucking redditor
You fool. No. One. There's nothing wrong with reddit, just saying.
>>
>>71081042
wow you people, like ofr real do you actuly understand anything or jsut like pointing fingers to feel superior even though your fully retarded?
>>
>>71080862
>here is another, and i can post al her videos and they are all hipster as fuck
Which doesn't change the fact that
Grimes =/= a music video
Since Grimes is a person.

>so your a child or autistic?
I'm (hopefully) more representative of you when you aren't drunk.

> i get attacked cos
you're making a full of yourself in public. Lay of the booze next time.
>>
>>71081027
>thread derailing
Yeah, we can't talk about Grimes peacefully without being interrupted by these pesky trolls.
>>
>>71081065
>There's nothing wrong with reddit
it would be alright if the layout was not shit i go to the music production reddits sometimes and i really dont like how everything is laid out
>>
File: IMG_2108.jpg (56KB, 360x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2108.jpg
56KB, 360x261px
>>71081065
>There's nothing wrong with reddit, just saying
THEN

GO

FUCKING

BACK
>>
>>71081092
it's in every thread where the shit get's forced
>>
>>71081080
Bullshit post, I'm not impressed. I told you a clear thing: art is subjective. If her art bothers you so much, find another artist. Problem solved, autist.
>>
>>71081108
>pretending to be an imbecile
You could be on both boards, sucker. Eat less burgers, they make you a sudointellectual and a fat idiot.
>>
>>71081108
>/mu is my safe space
Lol who's the "special snowflake" now?
>>
File: IMG_2291.jpg (28KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2291.jpg
28KB, 480x336px
>>71081142
>You could be on both boards, sucker
And you didnt believe me when i said these grimesfaggots are an outside redditor cancer

I tried to fucking warn you /mu/
>>
>>71081148
Gotcha! This anon >>71081108 didn't hear about the famous meta trolling skills of the Grimesians. He must be a noob.
>>
>>71081148
>haha i said safe place some college students did that once and it was dumb i sure showed him even though the parallels in this situation are vague at best
wow you sure showed me
>>
>>71081179
>pretending to hate reddit so much
Cut the crap: how many hours/day do you spend on reddit? 2, 3, 4? More? What is your fave subreddit?
>>
>>71081219
>safe place
Apparently not. What kind of liquor?
>>
File: jackass tom and jerry.jpg (43KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
jackass tom and jerry.jpg
43KB, 720x576px
>>71081219
>wow you sure showed me
He surely did it. You're the jackass in this equation.
>>
>>71081086
>Grimes =/= a music video
>Since Grimes is a person.
so her as a person had no influence on her videoes.
>I'm (hopefully) more representative of you when you aren't drunk.
more ad homenum
>you're making a full of yourself in public. Lay of the booze next time.
hahah so being at home on the internet is a public place now?
you know why i hate hipsters? because they call their opinions facts then mudy what the actual facts are with their convelouted way of thinking.

>>71081120
if art is subjectiv why couldnt i post on her that i like her music but her vidoes are hipster trash? arnt i entittled to that opinion like you are entitled to yours?
you keep calling me the autist but in not the one dealing in black and whites, you are.
you cant seam to get the consept that every thing isnt jsut 1 or 0 its a range of things not just two states.
>>
>>71081225

Ive never been on the website for more than maybe 20 minutes

I havent been there today

I have never posted there, and i have never made an account

Can you say the same thing?
>>
the xx

anyone feel the same? I feel like my ears are broken but I just can't get into them lol
>>
File: 1463165175358.png (193KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1463165175358.png
193KB, 600x451px
>>
>>71081279
i wish i was this cool
>>
>>71081270
>hahah so being at home on the internet is a public place now?
Anon, pretty sure you need to either drink a lot less or a lot more at this point.
>>
>>71081059
>hahha your posts make me laugh
>just a dumbass laughing at things he doesn't understand
Keep laughing, idiot. This is the most intelligent thing you could do.
>>
>>71081257
>someone breaks into your home
>please get out of my home
>"haha faggot what is your home your safe place hahaha"
nice logic
>>
>>71081270
>if art is subjectiv why couldnt i post on her that i like her music but her vidoes are hipster trash?
You could. However that isn't what you did. You said that you liked her music but didn't like her videos. Then you said her music was trash (which makes no sense given the first part of your statement.) Hence why you are getting excoriated ITT right now.
>>
>>71081279
Just half an hour today on r/indieheads. Reddit is kinda a nice place despite the voting problem. I really don't get the hate it gets from /mu/, when maybe half of /mu/ users post on reddit too. Maybe it's just a fake meme.
>>
>>71081279
Lol prove it.
>>
>>71081270
>you know why i hate hipsters? because they call their opinions facts then mudy what the actual facts are with their convelouted way of thinking.
>i'm very insecure about myself and attack anyone that seems to know more than something I do.
hipsters have been cool to me, you might just be a dick.
>>
>>71081308
no how is this a public place?
its a public forum not a place, check your facts nigga.
>>71081312
>im gogint o be condacending cos i have nothign inteligent to say
thats what i thought mate, pick on the fact that im drunk rather then come up with an argument, how bad would you feel when you have to resort to that agesnt a drunken 4chan user hahaha your mother should be ashamed of the spawn she has made.
>>
>>71081331
>your home
This is your first mistake. It's NOT your home. I repeat: it's not your home. You're just a passenger here.
>>
>>71081376
>when maybe half of /mu/ users post on reddit too
yeah, just because you do it and we hate you for it, doesnt mean that like, we're all secretly doing it too, and by extension making it okay

you seem alright but you should probably stop posting on reddit before i have to start memeing on you
>>
>>71081374
This. The OP seem really confused.
>>
>>71081374
ok post where i said her music was trash?
i never said that so dont put words into my mouth just because you cant come up with a legitimate argument.
>>71081404
this is why i dont like you people, you use one argument then compleatly contridinct youself after.
im only attacking you guys becuase you trast opinions as facts then force thoses 'facts' onto others when i just tryed to epress my feelign then you all atacked me then when i defended myself you act like the victum.
what kid of shidish shit is that?
>>
>>71081434
Come the fucking on: lots of /mu/ users use both sites. It's not like you're forced by contract to post on just one of these sites.
>>
>>71081398
How
>>71081420
Its not literally my home but i like he community here, and i dont appreciate you faggots poisoning it with garbage music and exponentially lowering the quality of the dialogues here
>>
>>71081407
>its a public forum
Lol public forums are places irl.

>how bad would you feel when you have to resort to that agesnt a drunken 4chan user
Fyi you're gonna have SO MUCH FUN reading through this thread once you get over your hangover tomorrow.
>>
>>71081482
>lots of /mu/ users use both sites
Not so sure about that friendo
>>
>>71081270
>i like her music but her vidoes are hipster trash?
You said that once, twice, why the fuck do you keep repeating the same things? Are you attempting to troll us?
>>
>>71081479
you're an idiot no wonder why people hate you
>>
>>71081479
>lol im drukn btw look at all my hilarious drunk typos
>hey guys look at me im drunk xD
>im 12 btw
dude can you stop
>>
>>71081490
>How
Precisely my point.
>>
>>71081532
kek
>>
>>71081516
Let's leave it that way. We have no proof.
>>
>>71081490
>i like he community here
Then why are you whining about it the community found on /mu right now ITT?
>>
>>71079743
>Grimes
Big trash music, shit personality. You hit the nail on the head.

>Father John Misty
Overly saccharine uninteresting pretentious bullshit. I'd say there's a 60% chance the 'le irony' crowd that worships him will someday be horrified to learn that his retardation is not an act and that he's a legitimately self-absorbed dumbass.

>Beyonce
Generic music, shitty egotistic person, most manufactured personality in the industry besides Taylor Swift. Her career is a completely predictable series of appropriating the aesthetics of more interesting artists that are a few years ahead of her, and then copypasting that image onto generic pop songs. She's also emblematic of corporate-funded poptimism seeping into the "indie" scene.

>Solange
Hot new manufactured personality and album carefully curated by Jay-Z, Beyonce, and their lackeys to sponge up the rest of the brainless indie scene drones that still consider themselves just a bit too cool for Lemonade.
>>
>>71081516
How could you be, unless you happen to use both?
>>
>>71081551
Well then i guess you'll just have to trust it based on my stated hatred for that website and its community and the obvious conviction thats behind it

Sort of like how i can sniff out that you're a user of that website, and how thats disgusting to me and means you dont belong here
>>
>>71081596
>WAHHH GET OUT OF MY SAFESPACE
>>
>>71081569
>grimesfaggots making me repeat myself
READ

THE POST
>>
>>71081596
>based on my stated hatred for that website
Anon, based on the amount of shilling for it you do here on a daily basis, I'd say that you must be Reddit's biggest fan.
>>
>>71081490
So, are we lowering the quality of this "magificent" meme board (full of memes, spam, charts, same albums posted every day) with our music discussion related to a musician you dislike? That's rich, dipshit. The Grimesposting will continue for many years to come, if you can't deal with it, you better leave right now. Your "home" is not a safe space anymore.
>>
>>71081515
>Lol public forums are places irl.
hahah what?
>Fyi you're gonna have SO MUCH FUN reading through this thread once you get over your hangover tomorrow.
says the redditor that is arguing agesnt me, and also loosing since your counter arguments are more retarded then mine.
again im drunk whats your excuse for bing this mush or a retard?

again you attack somone because they dont like what you like then call then small minded when he can actualy like the music and not the hipster athetics of the videos/artist and yet you guys act in bacl and whites and think your so open minded.
take a page out of your own book faggot

>>71081522
i have to keep saying it becaus eyou faggot gets the facts wrong so i have to correct it.
>>71081532
>i cant think of shit so say so ill resort to ad hominum becaus eanyone who doenst liek 100% what i like is evil and wrong
>>71081540
i said it once then you guy keep bringing it up becuas you have no acutla arument, itsnt it funny how i wanted to discus the artist grimes and you all made it about me? how childish of all of you
>>
>>71081625
Lol you didn't repeat yourself.
>>
>>71081574
>expecting to be taken seriously

_|_
>>
>>71081605
>someone takes a fat shit all over something you have the audacity to like
>"i wish you didnt do that"
>LOL FUCKIN LE SAFE SPACE MEME I CAN TAKE SHITS ON WHATEVER I WANT U SOME KIND OF LIBKEK LE SAFE SPACE MEME LOL
>>
>>71081596
Read the rules. Keep your stupid intolerance to yourself. Everyone (18+) is free to post here, you don't make the rules, asshat.
>>
>>71081641
>So, are we lowering the quality of this "magificent" meme board (full of memes, spam, charts, same albums posted every day) with our music discussion related to a musician you dislike
Correct

Except its not a "musician I dislike," its a musician who's objectivley one of the single worst acts whos currently active
>>
>>71081701
yeah and im also free to tell you to fuck off as many times as i want
>>
>>71081642
>hahah what?
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/forum#Latin
Hence why internet forums are called that - because they are the cyberspace equivalents of public spaces.

>whats your excuse
Your drunkenness. It's distorting your subjective view of reality atm.
>>
>>71081642
>sinking even deeper in his own stupidity
You're pathetic anon. Next time don't drink so much, it makes you stupid.
>>
>>71081735
You could tell that, but you'll achieve nada. Zilch. Zero. Null. Void. You're just wasting your time.
>>
>>71081669
cry harder faggot
>>
>>71081708
>taking the piss
>a musician who's objectivley one of the single worst acts whos currently active
Prove it. Objectively.
>>
>>71081739
again your twising worrd to make it what you want, a internet forum is not a public place by law or else id get fined for being drunk in public wouldnt i?
>>71081744
ad homenum again mate, cant you come up with somthing better then pety name calling? or is that all your little hipster brain can acheve if so im so sorry for you and your family

again i was here to talk abot grimes not be but you imiture faggots cant help yourself can you?
>>
>>71081772
>You're just wasting your time.
Idk what you're talking about making grimesfaggots lives miserable is a fucking blast i could do this all day
>>71081788
haha xd triggered haha harambe haha memes xd
>>
>>71081806
>id get fined for being drunk in public wouldnt i?
You don't get fined for being drunk. You get fined for drunk and disorderly physical behavior - something that can't happen since you are in a different physical location.

>again i was here to talk abot grimes
Let's start this thing over shall we? What about her do you actually want to say?
>>
>>71081848
>making grimesfaggots lives miserable
Anon, pretty sure everyone else reading this thread is giggling at you specifically - if only because of your spelling.
>>
>>71081848
>implying you could out-troll the meta trolls
>implying your life isn't way more miserable than the grimesfans' lives -- hence the endless whining from butthurt haters
Nice try, moron
>>
File: IMG_2535.png (3KB, 212x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2535.png
3KB, 212x211px
>>71081918
>implying my spelling wasnt perfect in that post
now who's getting giggled at m8
>>
>>71081973
I didn't "imply" anything. I said it outright.
>>
>>71081962
>implying your life isn't way more miserable than the grimesfans' lives
oh fun now comes this part where the grimesfaggots make wild assumptions about my personal life which A they know nothing about B is probably wildly different than they're picturing, not necessarily in a good or bad way I'm just telling you its not what you're picturing and C leaves them vulnerable to accusations of them projecting their own shitty lives onto mine and it usually rings true

Im sure you know what the next step is so lets just get into it

You're projecting

Alright your turn for whatever form response comes next
>>
>>71082037
>I said it outright.
And you were fucking wrong, making you look like a COLOSSAL idiot

Probably should have just stuck to implying 2bh
>>
>>71079743
Her music is a series of moans and unfluffed material only newcomers listen to
>>
>>71082064
Just stop drinking.
>>
>>71082217
>said the fan of bland "series of moans and unfluffed material" aka fka twigs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OydK91JjFOw
>>
>>71082228
Oh im not the drunk guy thats someone else
>>
>>71082064
You're just mad. Go outside and leave this thread unsuited to you.
>>
why do these threads come up even when i have adblock on?
>>
>>71082261
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OydK91JjFOw [Embed]

yikes. glad that's not my waifu
>>
>>71082293
Leave this board
>>71082317
Underrated
>>
>>71082317
waht
>>
>>71082317
Probably because you used your mouse to click on something first.
>>
>>71079743

Mac Demarco
>>
listen to aurora

shes like grimes but for people with mature taste
>>
>>71082769
>[crickets chirping]
>>
>>71082520
you clicked on it
>>
>>71082345
>can't into EP 2
Oh look I'm in a Grimes thread what a surprise
>>
>>71080162
In "California" she used the beat from Daddy Yankee's "Gasolina" lmao
>>
"i love lana del rey and justin bieber" this is like the annoying fuck that goes to normcore parties and wears a suicide squad t shirt.
>>
>>71083159
Pro-tip: Never become a percussionist. Because you'd apparently suck at it.
>>
>>71083260
why
>>
>>71083136
shut up tripfag
>>
Grimes is a self correcting problem. Her music isn't main stream enough to ever have any relevance with normies and the waifu fags are all ADD because most women in their eyes age like milk. Once she starts showing her age or puts on a few lbs. she'll be replaced by the next "young" thing. She has a shelf life. And it is coming to its end.
>>
>>71083260
You have terrilble aural skills, which is the singlemost difficult thing for a musician to pick up later in life (and the most important thing to have.)
>>
drunk guy back, im glad you cunts are pathetic enough to keep talking about me rather then the subject, hoonestly what is wrong with you?
did i trigger you that much? are you that mad? i bet your crying still about all the 'hurtfully' words i siad ahahha
>>
>>71083367
go back to /r/music you nigger you didnt even reply to me correctly. also are you trying to tell me im wrong?
https://youtu.be/vqa9xx2vBQc?t=2m13s
https://youtu.be/qGKrc3A6HHM?t=1m18s
>>
>>71083329
>Her music isn't main stream enough to ever have any relevance with normies
http://pitchfork.com/news/67500-grimes-noah-40-shebib-imagine-dragons-curate-nba-2k17-soundtrack/

>the waifu fags are all ADD because most women in their eyes age like milk. Once she starts showing her age or puts on a few lbs. she'll be replaced by the next "young" thing.
Can't wait for it desu. Then we can happily talk about her art/music in peace.

>She has a shelf life.
And her music doesn't. So I guess it's a good thing for her that her career is based on her music.
>>
>>71083514
2k always tries to put alt or semi-alt music in their games.
>>
>>71083530
Thereby exposing it to MASSIVE numbers of "normies" thereby making it relevant to them from that point onward.
>>
>>71083587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAHDAC0vg you really think these kids will continue to listen to grimes out of the game?
>>
>>71083514
>http://pitchfork.com/news/67500-grimes-noah-40-shebib-imagine-dragons-curate-nba-2k17-soundtrack/
And like 21Pilots" Heathens" her song off "Suicide Squad" was loved enough by the normies and and got air play and did well on the Billboard Top 100....ohh wait.
>>
i think grimes has a nice voice
>>
>>71083706
*nithe voithe
>>
>>71083645
>continue listening to =/= relevant
Imo it's safe to say that the vast majority of people playing that game have no idea who Grimes is. However they will be able to recognize a number of her more famous recent songs. Which means that when they come across her music in a different context it's already going to mean something to them. That's what relevance is.
>>
Do you want to save /mu/?

Ignore Grimesposting.
Filter Grimesposting.
Report Grimesposting.
>>
File: 1445571141745.jpg (42KB, 525x551px) Image search: [Google]
1445571141745.jpg
42KB, 525x551px
>>71079743
I actually enjoy a lot of her music but waifufags make it so fucking hard sometimes
If you niggas would shut up more people would give her a chance
>>
>>71083795
no they wont
>>
>>71083701
>Using a strawman argument
Medieval Warfare was never released as a single. You've got no point to make.
>>
>>71083587
no i think the point is that they thought she was worth being part of their big budget title and to have their advertisement, that's a huge endorsement for an artist to have
>>
>>71083795
Its a sports game. Its not like it is being featured prominently in "Guitar Hero" "Rock Band" or a dance related game.
>>
>>71083823
Won't what? You left your sentence dangling.
>>
>>71083865
yes i do
>>
>>71083886
no i didn't
>>
>>71083727
how did this fall off so hard? practically all i remember about grimes from way back is the lisp posting
>>
Is all of /mu/ this cancerous?
>>
>>71083865
Gee...because normies would not have bought or downloaded it and no money was to be made.
nearly ever original song that wasn't remake off that album was released as a single.
>>
>>71083935
>> it's right here.
>>
>>71083899
Didn't what?
>>
>>71083959
no i didn't
>>
>>71083935
This is the music board on 4chan.
>>
>>71084013
you're you
>>
>>71084030
Welcome to 4chan's music board on 4chan.
>>
>>71080302
>>71080425
>argumentum ad verecundiam
holy shit grimesfags are retards
>>
>>71084013
>>71083957
So how do we chemo this board?
>>
>>71084075
first front page 4chan then click /mu/ then 4chan's music board on 4chan. ok
>>
File: og grimes.jpg (111KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
og grimes.jpg
111KB, 321x480px
Reminder that Danielle Dax did the Grimes shtick a decade before Grimes was even born, but Grimesfags will continue denying it because she isn't hip and trendy with the kids anymore, unlike Grimeme.
>>
>>71083936
>because normies would not have bought or downloaded it
Based on what? The fact that it didn't have a franchise tie-in music video? Probably.

>nearly ever original song that wasn't remake off that album was released as a single.
4 singles out of 8 original tracks is only 50%. Stop grasping at nonexistent straws.
>>
>>71084099
>Austism
>>
>185 replies
>20 posters
>>
>>71084075
This board needs some mods to enforce the fucking rules.
>>
>>71084118
yup ok.
>>
>>71084106
>Danielle Dax
>hipster like anything old
if its old someone whould of liked it at one point in time, they want to like somthing new so no one else likes it because of hipster mentality
>>
>>71084106
>Grimesfags
>Using the term Grimesfags unironically
>Expecting to be taken seriously
>>
r u fucking s?rious?
>>
>>71084044
hello
>>
>>71084141
>having to screen shot a typo
yep thats autism mate
>>
>>71084115
>>71084118
>>71084143
>>71084146
Seek help.
>>
>>71084146
>caps at the start of a greentext
Fucking Grimescucks deserve to be banished to /trash/
>>
>>71084159
hi poopy
>>
>>71084164
>factual information scares me
>>
>>71084143
Still playing a PS2 years after the PS3 came out, I'm not a hipster I'm fucking poor.
>>
>>71084201
damn if you had a ps3 you wouldn't have any games
>>
>>71084177
>autism
>>71084164
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE REEEEEEEE

this place is so cancer, this is worse then /b/ and /pol/
>>
>>71084246
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ObJtUD8H6G
>>
Most male Grimes fans are like k pop fans. They are interested in it due to an ideology and sense of belonging. Not because they actually feel her music is better. This is proven through them not liking strikingly similar artists such as Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Gaga (desu Gaga is objectively better than these 2 but same ball park).

They like the 'Japanese' esque aesthetic and will get an instant bones for any Kanji.

Tldr ; Grimes is top 40 music (average to good) and weaboos and music nerds identify well with her because she is packaged nicely for it.
>>
>>71084294
what anime is that
>>
>>71084294
>so autistic you have to keep screen shoting all my posts and posting a random audio file rather then talk about the actual subject
how trash are you mate? at least im defending my self rather then just pure shit post on here making this place worse.
>>
>>71084323
helloooo heeheehee :)
>>
>>71084348
>autism
>>
>>71084358
helloooo *shakes hand* nice 2 meet u ;-)
>>
>>71084395
>mental disabilities
>>
>>71084397
boy saying this too girl: hellooo cuty ;>)
>>
>>71084306
there's nothing actually wrong with this. she attracts fans who identify with her
>>
>>71084423
this is you right now https://goo
(dot)
gl/SaBjxz
>>
>>71084439
*after school using im messenger with boy saying to girl*: hi baby :[
>>
>>71080351
objectively speaking there is nothing inherently cringe about anything, it just comes from your attitude towards it, and that can be changed easily
>>
File: 1486409104781.jpg (14KB, 460x416px) Image search: [Google]
1486409104781.jpg
14KB, 460x416px
>>71081574
>self important trip makes big dismissive statements that are nothing but baseless assumptions about personality
i want to strangle you so bad actually, and i don't even like any of those artists
>>
>>71084491
*hi my poochy*: girl is saying back
>>
>>71084532
>autism
>>
>>71084528
man imagine fucking a goirl like that

her shark teeth biting your dick softly as yous bout to cum. mmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>71084549
*sir this is cheeky we cant get this to happen* ---> with boy saying back "helloooo ;-)"
>>
>>71084590
>autism
>>
grimes
>>
>>71084609
hello (hi) my pipi *pipi opens google docs spreadsheet and then to cell 14 read "hellooooo ;-)"*
>>
>>71084609
ooops ;) ---------> helloooo ;-)
>>
this is legit the best thread on /mu/ right now
>>
>>71084648
>>71084675
>autism
have you taken your pills today anon?
>>
>>71084684
For reals, this is getting mad entertaining
>>
File: hello888.jpg (108KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
hello888.jpg
108KB, 1000x666px
>>71084744
hi cuty *small kiss on nose* heeheehee ;-)
>>
>>71084907
now thats using your head austismo
>>
File: kiss---;-).jpg (257KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
kiss---;-).jpg
257KB, 1300x866px
>>71084944
*says this*---->;-)
>>
>>71085105
>tower of autism
>>
>>71085261
>bump autism
ok
>>
why no more autism, plz becky lemme smash
>>
>>71079743
FUCK YOU, OP!
>>
>>71086551
no let him suck the dick from his fathers goin
>>
>>71080870
>wanting to discuss and debate about music on a music board
take a good look at your posts
>>
>>71081918
where is the spelling error?
>>
>>71086773
the error is coming here in the first place
>>
Holy shit this thread, its my first time checking out /mu/ and its fucking autistic enough to be a joke
>>
File: grimes.jpg (45KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
45KB, 500x373px
>>71080696
>>
Her image definitely helps her popularity.

That being said i still think she's pretty talented, just hasn't fully matured yet
>>
>>71079743
the flaming lips. they seemed to just jump on the neo psychedelia band wagon and put no substance into their music
>>
>>71083329
Wrong. Let's put things into context. She took a long time to make a follow up to Visions. From January 2012 when Visions was released to November 2015 when Art Angels was released. In the current music world that's an eternity. Most buzz artists would be long forgotten by then. Not Grimes. She managed to make an even bigger splash with Art Angels.

"Once she starts showing her age or puts on a few lbs" she will remain relevant by making great music, just like Bjork and Kate Bush. That's a sure way to keep your fanbase's interest. Beauty is temporary, great work is (almost) forever.
>>
>>71083159
That's fairly standard beat. Try Rihanna's Pon De Replay as a reference. Grimes is a Rihanna fan, btw.
>>
>>71087398
>>71087785
lel
>>
File: 1440883325368.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1440883325368.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>71079743
>grimes
>boring
>tryhard
>insincere

nice bait
>>
>>71083499
yes, you are wrong.
it's literally just the same bpm, even hi-hats are different
>>
>>71083900
Her lisp is much less noticeable these days. Maybe she took some vocals lessons.
>>
>>71083819
>Ignore Grimesposting.
>Filter Grimesposting.
OK
>Report Grimesposting.
Not OK. Basically you want censorship. Grimes is a musician, so discussing her on a music board is legit. Don't play the false reporting game, you will lose.

7. Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

http://www.4chan.org/rules
>>
>>71083821
>>71083823
>>
>>71084068
>argumentum ad bullshittum
Fuck off
>>
>>71084106
As a Danielle Dax fan I could tell you that Dax and Grimes aren't even similar. Even their voices aren't similar. Dax was more like a weird version of Siouxsie Sioux. Yes, Dax was quirky kinda like Grimes, but we're talking about their music here.
>>
>>71084306
>This is proven through them not liking strikingly similar artists such as Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Gaga (desu Gaga is objectively better than these 2 but same ball park).
Are you talking the piss, dude? How are these artists even remotely similar to Grimes? NiceB8.

Tell me a similar song to Caladan or Eight by anyone from your list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pEltqAXbdQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
>>
>>71089740
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefQ-Pr-YH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of89N9ZzuzY
>>
File: 1456099596333.jpg (87KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
1456099596333.jpg
87KB, 600x901px
>>71079743
Claire is lovely. If you don't like Grimes then you don't have a soul or just an evil person.
>>
>>71089773
>reading comprehension
I asked you to post similar songs to Caladan and Eight from the artists such as Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Gaga. And even disregarding that, the songs you posted aren't similar at all with those Grimes tunes.
>>
>>71089787
>abo nose
gross
>>
>>71089787
>Thread topic: IRRATIONAL hate
Well, there you go. Kinda makes you wonder about the OP. /mu posters are seldom prone to admitiing to their own behavior making absolutely no logical sense.
>>
>>71091353
> IRRATIONAL hate
>on a subjective topic
kek'd
>>
>>71091288
the cutest nose!
>>
File: 4230880-3x2-940x627[1].jpg (120KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
4230880-3x2-940x627[1].jpg
120KB, 940x627px
>>71091978
>the cutest nose!
>>
Yeah.

Radiohead
Slint
American Football
Most of /mu/core and /mu/ memes

Jesus fuck don't you people ever get tired of boring music? I get that not everything should be a top 40 banger, but goddamn it learn more musical aesthetics than "I'm a middle class suburbia kid staring out the window wishing it would stop raining"
>>
File: 14651984283060.jpg (43KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
14651984283060.jpg
43KB, 750x738px
>>71092028
>>
>>71091558
> IRRATIONAL hate
>on a subjective topic
Is a redundancy (since love/hate relationships are based on a certain amount of irrational subjectivity.) Hence my wonder at the OP feeling the need to explicitly state that. It's curious.
>>
File: Women-smiling-1024x682[1].jpg (86KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
Women-smiling-1024x682[1].jpg
86KB, 1024x682px
>>71092063
>>
>>71080425
>and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty

you must be a virgin

no such thing as girls that are "disinterested in beauty", if they are, its because they have none to start with so they pretend they dont care

t. the fox with the grapes
>>
>>71089787
I get angry when I see her because she's so full of bullshit, she puts on this fake le quirky innocent doesn't care about looks XD bullshit but anyone that's spoken to any girl before knows it's because she's ugly so she has no choice. it's all bullshit and i just get so angry at people so naive they fall for it. i wish i was that retarded
>>
>>71092561
>you must be a virgin
Anon, you're referring to a direct quote from Joanna Newsom...
>>
>>71092636
>i wish i was that retarded
>being too retarded to realize that your wish is already true
>>
>>71080555
ESL spic
>>
>>71080788
And Zappa claimed that he liked The Shaggs. Do you think he was actually being serious?
>RCA Victor released Philosophy of the World (with the original track sequence) on CD in 1999. The Wall Street Journal reviewed the CD on the day it was released, and The New Yorker subsequently ran a lengthy profile of the Shaggs by staff writer Susan Orlean, who mentions Frank Zappa's (probably apocryphal) claim that The Shaggs were "better than the Beatles," but also alludes to an online review by a writer who describes the album as "hauntingly bad".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQqK1CjE9bA
They are indeed hauntingly bad and technically inept, but please, get over yourself, Grimes isn't an avant-garde classical composer challenging the status quo and the way we perceive music.
>>
>>71092765
ad hominem
>>
>>71080555
ad hominem
>>
>>71092724
she's a woman. she herself knows thats such bullshit. shes just saying it for social appearance and good favor.
>>
File: bxb8av4.jpg (14KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
bxb8av4.jpg
14KB, 320x272px
>>71092753
Her fans are retarded and have never spoken to any girl, so they're naive and ignorant enough to fall for her forced quirk bullshit. As a musician, her music is boring and uninspired, but it's persona that really makes me hate her. She poses in all these le quirky pictures and tries so hard to convince everyone she isn't "vain" and doesn't care about looks, but like >>71092561 said it's just a case of the fox with grapes. She doesn't have a choice to start with.
>>
>274 posts
>37 posters

really makes you think
>>
>>71092993
think about what?
>>
File: IMG_2650.jpg (42KB, 298x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2650.jpg
42KB, 298x283px
>>71081142
>sudointellectual
nice
>>
lol this thread. both sides of this grimes shit are as gay as all fucking fuck. you're both cucks. and now, just by participating, i've become a gay as all fucking fuck third wave. that's what you waifu faggots have caused. you've turned the entire planet into beta milksop neutered numale faggots lapping at the steroid-filled teets of female celebrity.
>>
>>71092786
>Grimes isn't an avant-garde classical composer challenging the status quo and the way we perceive music.
Then why are you acting like she is?
>>
>>71092946
her personality comes off as a persona but it's not
>>
>>71093025
Them.
>>
>>71093275
>Then why are you acting like she is?
Those would be the fans tirelessly making threads about her and claiming that she's something more than she really is.
>>
>>71092946
>Her fans are retarded and have never spoken to any girl,
Lol that must make the lives of her female fans very awkward.

>As a musician, her music is boring and uninspired
Subjective.

>like >>71092561 said it's just a case of the fox with grapes.
We know, because Grimes herself has outright stated as much:
> ‘I think,’ she hesitates, ‘I was always a very ugly person until recently. I had terrible hair and bad skin. So the whole thing is pretty odd.’ Her image frowns in the centre of my screen as she struggles for the right words. ‘It’s just... my self-identity is so strongly based on my abilities as an artist and as a producer and an engineer, I’m allergic to the idea of ever being evaluated on my physical appearance. When people are like: “Marry me, Grimes” — I’m like, AGHHHGH. Like I can’t… it’s every day. Marry me, marry me. It’s so weird.’
http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/grimes-i-always-feel-weird-selling-art-a3188211.html

Which is why whiners ITTs like you always end up fools of yourselves. Because you're arguments are almost always based on ignorance.
>>
>>71093476
you think about them a lot?
>>
>>71092561
So, Joanna Newsom is a virgin? Lmfao!
>>
>>71093644
Yes, and so should you. Think about it!
>>
Grimes is the epitome of style over substance. She'll be forgotten by the next decade.
>>
>>71082261
But this track actually does things, you just can't see it because your brain is limited to being a Grimes fan.
>>
>>71093936
This
>>
>>71093481
>Those would be the fans tirelessly making threads about her and claiming that she's something more than she really is.
...and, in equal part, the haters (like this one >>71079743 ) who tirelessly make threads about her in which they claim the opposite - despite the fact that doing so completely undermines that line of thinking (since people don't argue about things they don't think are worth arguing about.)

According to even you (a self-described hater) she and her music/art have enough worth for you to want to talk about.
>>
>>71093922
are they doing a good thing?
>>
>>71093936
Anonymous is the epitome of style over substance. He'll be forgotten by the next decade.
>>
>>71093936
Wrong thread, dude. The PC Music thread's over here >>71092627
>>
File: tumblr_nkltn2cVsG1qz5vg1o1_1280.jpg (544KB, 1278x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkltn2cVsG1qz5vg1o1_1280.jpg
544KB, 1278x1920px
>>71092786
Joanna Newsom is not Frank Zappa, dude. Just because Zappa wasn't serious (his whole persona is goofy) it doesn't mean Joanna was too. Stop your fallacy.

Joanna said at least 3 (THREE) times that she really likes Grimes, why the fuck do you pretend she joked about it?
>>
I feel like I should enjoy Daniel Lopatin's and James Ferraro's music more, but there are only a handful of tracks that I really like by the two of them. I think both artists are interesting guys and have cool approaches to their music. It's just that when I go to listen to something of theirs I usually can't get into it.
>>
>>71092946
>projecting so much
>>
>>71093550
OF COURSE she is the type of person to inb4 every criticism of her.

like i said, so boring. holy shit.
>>
>>71094292
grimes is above criticism
>>
>>71094292
>OF COURSE she is the type of person to inb4 every criticism of her.
Yes. To quote Owen Pallet:
>I feel like even if I don't like her music, and I do so far, I will always feel like she's several steps ahead of me, several books ahead of me, and that makes me feel really fucking good. Anyone who gives her grief about anything can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
http://www.undertheradarmag.com/interviews/2014_artist_survey_owen_pallett/

Hence why people like you always end up making fools of yourselves. Because all you are accomplishing in flaunting your ignorance about this stuff is playing into her narrative of what's going on.
>>
>>71093991
>According to even you (a self-described hater)
A self-described hater; it's not like I'm a self-described murderer.
>she and her music/art have enough worth for you to want to talk about.
People discuss and continue to discuss synthpop music. I'm not a fan and I don't discuss it very rarely. The general consensus on this board is that she's something more than a cute pop star.
>>
>>71094213
Why are you so mad? Grimes generals are still alive and she's discussed in more than 1 containment thread. Please refer to:
>>71094445
>>71092786
> but please, get over yourself, Grimes isn't an avant-garde classical composer challenging the status quo and the way we perceive music.
And the consensus on this board is the exact opposite.
>>
>>71093481
The OP doesn't seem like a fan to me. Get your facts straight.
>>
>>71094445
and I discuss it very rarely*
>>
>>71094512
I agree. But it's not like there aren't daily threads about her which are made by the fans.
>>
>>71094518
>and I discuss it very rarely*
Yeah... RIGHT. Got any proof for that?
>>
>>71093936
Not so fast, anon.

>Wrong. Let's put things into context. She took a long time to make a follow up to Visions. From January 2012 when Visions was released to November 2015 when Art Angels was released. In the current music world that's an eternity. Most buzz artists would be long forgotten by then. Not Grimes. She managed to make an even bigger splash with Art Angels.

>"Once she starts showing her age or puts on a few lbs" she will remain relevant by making great music, just like Bjork and Kate Bush. That's a sure way to keep your fanbase's interest. Beauty is temporary, great work is (almost) forever.
>>
Grimes is this board's new cancer.
>>
>>71094548
Whatever. So, they praise her a lot. But what if she's actually that great? Ever thought about that?
>>
>>71094587
You and all her die-hard fans are fucking delusional. What a goddamn pity.
>>
File: 1481715078007.png (5KB, 467x87px) Image search: [Google]
1481715078007.png
5KB, 467x87px
>>71094570
>2012
>new
>>
>>71094587
>But what if she's actually that great? Ever thought about that?
And we're back at the beginning.
>>
>>71094606
The TRUE obsession, as you can see on this cesspool of a thread, is quite recent.

Back in the day, it was mere p4k-droning (which is still a problem).
>>
>>71093964
>ad hominem
There are people who like both Twigs and Grimes FYI. That track is boring TO ME in the same way Grimes' music is boring TO YOU. Subjectivity.
>>
>>71094587
I'm >>71094619. As far as her greatness goes, her guitar playing is far removed from that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2XE0YG7ilc
>>
File: M4FZ6xyY.png (350KB, 568x505px) Image search: [Google]
M4FZ6xyY.png
350KB, 568x505px
>>71094292
You can't beat Grimes. You're not prepared to such huge task. You're fighting against someone with this impressive CV:

Grimes profile:
>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Music style: synthpop mixed with dreampop, IDM, R&B, J-Pop, medieval, classical

>Instruments:
- vocals
- synthesizer
- sampler
- guitar
- bass
- drums
- violin
- ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director & editor
- dancer
- model

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
http://www.last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_%28musician%29#Musical_style
http://www.pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature at McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold
>>
>>71094445
>The general consensus on this board is that she's something more than a cute pop star.
And that's actually true. See >>71094764 She's an authentic one woman band who happened to make quirky electropop music instead some chamber pop, folk or rock.
>>
>>71094665
She's a novice at guitar playing but she's learning fast. But you can't deny her skills in making great music with synths and samplers.
>>
File: byrne-eno630.jpg (81KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
byrne-eno630.jpg
81KB, 630x630px
>>71095044
>She's a novice at guitar playing but she's learning fast
Any self respecting musician wouldn't go an play a show while being a "novice" at an instrument.
>But you can't deny her skills in making great music with synths and samplers.
Funny how you didn't mention Brian Eno's and David Byrne's My Life in the Bush of Ghosts as an example of great and influential use of sampling.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/brian-eno-david-byrne/my-life-in-the-bush-of-ghosts/
>>
>>71094953
>She's an authentic one woman band who happened to make quirky electropop music instead some chamber pop, folk or rock.
I'm glad that we can finally agree. She makes quirky synthpop and not avant-garde music challenging the status quo; so, treat her as such.
>>
>>71095539
>Any self respecting musician wouldn't go an play a show while being a "novice" at an instrument.
Guitar is not her main instrument, but a secondary one. She knows enough to play very well the guitar parts of her songs. Why bring a cannon when a pistol is enough?
>Funny how you didn't mention Brian Eno's and David Byrne's My Life in the Bush of Ghosts as an example of great and influential use of sampling.
I know that album. It's interesting but it lacks good melodies. Grimes has melodies on top of melodies, she's the fucking master of melodies.
>>
>>71095539
>Any self respecting musician wouldn't go an play a show while being a "novice" at an instrument.
>t. Person Who Has Obviously Never Played A Show For A Live Audience In His Life
Practice makes perfect, dude. Don't be a NEET just for the sake of failing to prove a point.
>>
>>71095587
>She makes quirky synthpop and not avant-garde music challenging the status quo
Then why are you defending against her music challenging your definition of the status quo?
>>
>>71095587
You could challenge the status quo even with quirky electropop. Her music is half pop, half experimental.

She's revolutionizing synthpop and dreampop with her influences from many other genres. Never before an artist had access at so many music because of the internet. She's also revolutionizing the way of making music. She opened a door for other female artists to become complete artists by doing everything on their own, from singing and production to artwork and music videos.

>Aside from being one of the most monumental "post-Internet" releases in any genre, Visions is the sound of a young web-addled person who continued believing in herself long enough to become free. “Modern” is the only word for it, an intensely nuanced master-work of pop collage, pegging down bubblegum synth-pop and 90s R&B and K-pop and metallic IDM with Boucher's distinctive falsetto. The Internet can be a kind of prison—with its subliminal trappings of tabs and streams and data-mining likes and tweets—but Grimes' ability to morph the endless nature of web culture into something that is pointed and pleasurable gives me hope.

>Alex: Obviously, Grimes. I think Grimes influenced many musicians and performers into thinking everything is what you make of it. If you don’t want electronic-based music to be a boy’s club, then participate and do whatever it takes. Through her production, I learned that technology is not a demon, it is my friend, and that it is a friend I have every right to engage in as much as “the next guy.” I also learned that genres and labels are bullshit in the post-internet world. I could go on forever, but I won’t. This is a great track from one of my favorite albums of all time.
>>
>>71095588
>Guitar is not her main instrument, but a secondary one.
Well, here's Gary Husband displaying his alien powers on both drums and keyboards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_huRFVY3iTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqnSuaKVhfM
>Why bring a cannon when a pistol is enough?
Why practice when you can sample?
>Grimes has melodies on top of melodies, she's the fucking master of melodies.
You know who else is a master of melodies? Brian Eno.
>>
>>71095684
>She's also revolutionizing the way of making music. She opened a door for other female artists to become complete artists by doing everything on their own, from singing and production to artwork and music videos.
That would be the advent of modern recording technology (Scarlett interfaces, DAWs, guitar, drum, bass programming).
>>
>>71095723
>You know who else is a master of melodies? Brian Eno.
>seriously comparing Grimes to Brian Eno
Lol. I actually have no problem with that. It even makes sense.
>>
>>71095723
>Well, here's Gary Husband displaying his alien powers on
>[crickets chirping]
>>
>>71095723
>You know who else is a master of melodies? >Brian Eno.
Not really. He's a master of textures. He doesn't have that many legit catchy melodies. Kraftwerk, on the other hand...

>Well, here's Gary Husband displaying his alien powers on both drums and keyboards:
OK. But if his music doesn't have any emotional resonance to me, it doesn't matter. Technicality means nothing without emotion.

>Why practice when you can sample?
To make a more engaging live show?
>>
>>71095785
>Lol. I actually have no problem with that. It even makes sense.
Of course it makes sense, that's why I mentioned him.
>>
File: 1484625797299.jpg (279KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1484625797299.jpg
279KB, 1024x683px
>>71095764
But she actually used them and popularized them. Other females have now a strong example. Unlike Bjork or Kate Bush who also used synths and samplers, Grimes actually played them live on stage.
>>
>>71095808
>Well, here's Gary Husband displaying his alien powers on
>[crickets chirping]
I was trying to make you understand that he's astoundingly proficient at both drums and keyboards by comparing him to an alien. Eh, what can I expect from a Grimes fan when I have to explain all of this. And I have to explain it, because her fans seem to have a problem with recognizing someone truly proficient at any instrument.
>>
>>71095938
Not that anon, but don't forget that Grimes made her music more by instinct. She just have a native talent to make great music even if technically she isn't really an expert. From zero to hero in just few years. Don't expect huge instrument proficiency from her in the same way you wouldn't expect huge instrument profiency from Kanye... The result matters.
>>
>>71095823
>Not really. He's a master of textures. He doesn't have that many legit catchy melodies.
His intention wasn't to play in front of intoxicated teengers, therefore he didn't make catchy music. On the other hand, you can't tell me with a straight face that Ambient 2, Apollo, Another Green World don't move you or that those album don't feature beautiful melodies.
>Kraftwerk, on the other hand...
I like Kraftwerk too, but I like their Krautrock/Ambient/Progressiv Electronic albums. They are one of the most influential synthpop bands; no one can deny that.
>OK. But if his music doesn't have any emotional resonance to me, it doesn't matter. Technicality means nothing without emotion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8idY0ugM3Og
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0AK-kNYfPE
And here's a Miles Davis classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohk3jt6Xqog
Same as shredding at Guitar Center, right? And he even plays guitar... I think you now see why I compared his abilities to the abilities of an alien.
>>
>>71095723
>Why practice when you can sample?
>"On keys, I was developing muscle memory, whereas guitar is this whole new world for me."
http://www.melissagiannini.com/grimes-it-girl-issue-october-2015/
Experimentation is the mother of creativity.
>>
>>71096117
>His intention wasn't to play in front of intoxicated teengers, therefore he didn't make catchy music.
"Nice" subtle disparaging of Grimes' music. That wasn't her intent. In fact listen to her earlier albums and notice how introverted they were. The live shows were more like an afterthought.
>>
>>71095896
>Someone recently told me she’s the most important electronic artist since Brian Eno and, after this, I have to agree.
http://news.publicel.net/2016/10/03/the-meadows-music-festival-is-for-the-people/
>>
>>71096117
>I like Kraftwerk too, but I like their Krautrock/Ambient/Progressiv Electronic albums. They are one of the most influential synthpop bands; no one can deny that.
I meant their more synthpop albums (starting with Autobahn). Notice the similarity between the Autobahn's bassline and the bassline of Oblivion (by Grimes).
>>
>>71095938
>I was trying to make you understand that he's astoundingly proficient
Why should anyone care? The ultimate worth of music is in the ear of the beholder.
>>
>>71096405
>Someone recently told me she’s the most important electronic artist since Brian Eno and, after this, I have to agree.
There are more credible sources than wannabe Buzzfeed, Pitchfork websites.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.