[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: marilyn-manson-facts-feat.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
marilyn-manson-facts-feat.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
Is he worth getting into? His aesthetic interests me, but ive never listened. Where do i begin?
>>
>>70884138
Degenerate retard
You might wanna skip him
>>
>>70884169
>>>/pol/
>>
his triptych: antichrist superstar, mechanical animals, and holy wood. From there:
Portrait is kinda oldschool noise rock stuff. If you like birthday party and big black give it a shot.
Golden age of grotesque is his rammstein/KMFDM pastiche. Silly, lots of wordplay, lots of crunchy guitars and pop structure.
Eat me Drink me has great guitar work on it, but is pretty simple and mallgothy. I like it, but it's usually the punching bag of his fanbase.
High end of Low has some good stuff but was mostly generic shit he threw together to get out of a record contract.
Born Villain is my least favorite of his, but if you want a sort of goth-rock radio rock version of portrait then maybe check it out.
Pale Emperor is very bluesy and gothic and simple with some of the best stuff he's done in a decade.
>>
>>70884169
>>>/pol/
>>
>>70884220
>>70885203
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>70884138

If you're over 15 years it's too late unless you're a total pleb.
>>
>>70885062
You know, I really enjoyed Born Villain when it first came out without really hear much of other people's reaction to it and I was shocked to later find that it was so many people's least favorite Manson album
but obviously Pale Emperor is wayyy better
>>
antichrist superstar

/thread
>>
I mean, he's not as interesting as really most gothic or industrial music, so your efforts might be better spent on NiN, The Birthday Party, Einsturzende Neubauten, Swans, Coil, Current 93, Throbbing Gristle, Type O Negative, shit like that.

If you're just into it for the aesthetic statement of digging manson, you should know that digging manson has become kinda' mainstream. Lil Yachty, Justin Bieber, Sky Ferriera --they all wear Manson shirts and talk about how cool he is.

If you're still down to clown, then it's Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood. Then it's maybe the Pale Emperor.

But I'm telling you, there's better goth and industrial shit out there, and Marilyn Manson as a fashion statement is getting kind of played. Honestly NiN is probably more fashionable at the moment, with people like Rihanna endorsing it and shit.
>>
>>70884138
Portrait and smells like children are really fun listens if you want to dive into that dope and americana trash, best grooves.

Antichrist superstar is a great Trent Reznor album. It's like a parasite feeding on Downward Spiral. It's at it's best when it's not the hit songs.

Mechanical animals has really good aesthetics, best individual songs, great overarching story.

After that I lost interest for one reason or another...
>>
>>70885669
wtf I hate NIN now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.