[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/GG/ Guitaru and Bassu General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 74

File: IMG_1827.jpg (166KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1827.jpg
166KB, 683x1024px
Based & Helpful theory Teachers Edition(Thanks Guys)

"How do I learn to play guitar without getting a teacher?"
>justinguitar.com

Guitar chords and inversions
>http://www.chordbook.com/guitar-chords/

String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>http://hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Music theory:
>http://musictheory.net/lessons

Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf

Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods+Cab+1.3.rar
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM+RECTO+V30+L2.wav

Stale Bread----> >>70441261
>>
thoughts on improv?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0U3W9xvNQok
>>
>>70450405
Jerry Seinfeld is overrated but Jeremy Hotz is the funniest Jew, his improv is sharp and relatable
>>
>>70450258
not quite, really i just go off of the intervals. the only note i can really find quickly is C because i know it's exactly where E used to be. lol. like, i don't look up what notes are in the C minor scale and then play those. i know it's the same shape as any other minor chord i've played, all you need to know is where the root is and everything follows
>>
>>70450347
who is this guitar genie?
>>
just realized the pickups on my humbuckers on the guitar i got from the pawn a long ass time ago have a bunch of screws missing. think that's fucking up the tone?
>>
>>70450569
>he's missing his tone-screws
It's worthless now
>>
File: fender-fm-212r-26419.jpg (265KB, 1600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
fender-fm-212r-26419.jpg
265KB, 1600x1173px
I have a Fender 212r and it fucking sucks dick.
Dont buy this garbage
Can I run a head through this and use the speakers still or should I just sell it
>>
File: v.gif (14KB, 419x641px) Image search: [Google]
v.gif
14KB, 419x641px
>>70450404
not entirely sure what you mean but I think you're correct

here are different voicings of Dmaj7 for example. same notes just in different positions, and note the mutes which makes barring harder if not impossible for some chords.
>>
File: 098.png (4MB, 1376x1350px) Image search: [Google]
098.png
4MB, 1376x1350px
>>70450627
I have the same amp.

It sounds like a muddy shit mess. Especially if you run pedals through it.
>>
>>70450718
you're not applying reverb and stuff and then distorting right? bc that'll muddy up your sound. does it have an effects loop?
>>
File: IMG_1859.jpg (392KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1859.jpg
392KB, 643x900px
>>70450627
Sell it for a super champ and use it as a head and buy an extension Cab. Or a HRD Deluxe or Deville

>>70450525
Eva Hendricks of Charly Bliss, my
Mustang QT
>>
>>70450752
No I run distortion before any delay or reverb.

It's just a shitty amp.
>>
>>70450687
IS voicing the musical term for "variation" or "version?" I have a chord book and usually a chord will have (Ver. 3) under it and it's the same sounding chord played somewhere else, is that the same as a voicing?
>>
>>70450405
pretty good depending on how long you've been playing, try to play with a metronome to work on your timing and practice bending more accurately and with vibrato
>>
>>70450875
in guitar harmonic theory, a voicing is the chord arranged in a different way
I think it doesn't even have to be an inversion but I don't know
>>
>>70450752
Nope. Just a shitty sounding amp I think.
I actually just noticed it has an effects loop after years of playing this amp. How could the effects loop help my tone?
>>
>>70450875
variation is the generic term everyone uses. but yeah it's the same concept as voicing.
>>
How do I get better at notation?

Just learning scales?
>>
File: 1377306363966.jpg (55KB, 580x679px) Image search: [Google]
1377306363966.jpg
55KB, 580x679px
>>70450932
>I actually just noticed it has an effects loop after years
>>
>>70450939
What do you mean notation?
>>
>>70450951
yeah I didnt know what an effects loop even was until recently. I still dont know how its different from just chaining it into the input of my amp.
>>
>>70450957
I practice by looping chords with a pedal and then improvising around them as a lead part. But I have no idea what I'm doing. The notes don't go together most of the time.
>>
Was buying an envelope filter a good idea?
>>
>>70450999
Then yeah, scales will help a lot.
>>
Hey /gg/, does anyone here had experience with ET guitar custom necks? What price did you pay, and what was the quality of the neck?
>>
>>70450569
You mean the polepiece screws, uh yeah dude those are important
>>
>>70450999
Well no shit it'll sound bad if you just play random notes.
You should learn scales as soon as possible, with guitar you can learn the positions and don't bother much with theory, but eventually you should get to that in order to know which scales you can use in less conventional chord progressions.
Major/minor and pentatonic are the fundamental and imprescindible, and the harmonic minor is also used heavily in metal as far as i'm aware.
>>
>>70450976
when you amplify something that's been modulated, it muddies the sound. think of it, which is more natural, a guitar that is amplified and then reverb'd, or a guitar that is reverb'd and then amplified
>>
>>70450999
you should learn what the scale you're playing is on a single string and improv on a single string at first. slides are a good way to cheekily test what note is the good one without it seeming like you're fumbling around
>>
in general, do lap slide guitars have hotter or more vintage style pickups?
>>
Posting here again for responses:

Okay so I plan on getting new strings for both my basses (MIM Fender P Bass & MIM Fender Deluxe P Bass Special - an active bass).

I know for the passive P I want to put a set of LaBella Deep Talking flats on them to get that motown/soul sound, but am unsure of what gauge size to get.

For the Deluxe P I want something that will be brighter for slap and pop, funk music, but still allow me to stay in the pocket and be grooving, yet be versatile enough to jump into any genre.

I've never bought bass strings before; having only play on the production strings from factory (which what are they? I don't know the gauge, but they seem to be roundwounds) so any and all advice is appreciated.
>>
>>70451848
Strings are cheap
If you don't like em buy new ones

Easy peasy
>>
File: Setup.jpg (4MB, 2259x2073px) Image search: [Google]
Setup.jpg
4MB, 2259x2073px
>>70450627
Buy a Bassman
>>
>>70451896
while I appreciate that, I'm of the mindset that bass strings (at least flatwounds) should never be replaced, i.e. buy once buy for life. That's where my string gauge question comes in.

As for the Active P, I'm more open to that mindset, but I'd rather get testimonials and buy something that are universally accepted and work with those for a while.
>>
>>70451942
alright roman we know its you
>>
>>70451942
>bass strings (at least flatwounds) should never be replaced,
u wot m8?
>>
>>70451972
not him but bassists rarely change strings

in fact most think duller the better
>>
>>70451972
basically, flatwounds sound like shit and are for shitty sounding music, so don't change them
>>
>>70451972
bassists are poor as fuck and bass strings are expensive
>>
>>70451957
I'm not roman

>>70451972
it's a common mindset among bass players

>>70451987
when it comes to a dull sound, you have to take it into context - with flatwounds on my P, I plan on making that bass my "stay in the background, keep a strong, rhythmic groove going" hence why I want flats, and want to buy great ones that'll last for life.

As for my Active P, I want something bright and snappy.
>>
>>70451987
>the duller the better

uh...no? nobody ever thinks that. not even for ronudwounds
>>
>>70451848
Rotosound swing bass 66 strings or you're a faggot.
>>
>>70452637
But really, they're perfect for a bright tone that stands out. John Entwistle and Chris Squire swore by them and they needed a lead tone that could cut through a mix for their styles.
>>
>>70450347
>need to bring my bass to a luthier
>he was highly recommended to me and is even a bassist himself
>I'm super nervous and I'll look like a complete retard there

I'm shit, and even worse in front of people, and I'm fat and I own super expensive gear/basses. I'll look like a complete idiot....
>>
>>70452881
say your doing it for your roommate whos at work you filthy beta
>>
>>70452881
luthier's deal with middle age crisis shit players with top end gear all the time, no need for you to worry
>>
>>70452948
better yet, say it's for your girlfriend

then make an awkward joke about her wearing the pants and bringing home the bacon
>>
>>70450898
I've been playing since about 2004 (was 8 years old) but only started taking guitar more seriously in about late 2013. Improv is something I always struggled with so have been practicing scales and just jamming over chords. Timing was off on this but half the problem is I don't have a 4 track so I had to manually start the recording off my phone which put my out of time
>>
>>70451848
If you really want flats for life, check out Thomastik Infeld flats. Their flats are built like upright bass strings, not like typical electric strings. Anyway for the gauge, keep in mind that real flatwounds are very high tension because they're more dense. A normal 40-100 set should be fine. Also check out nylon tapewound strings for a super thumpy Motown vibe.

I personally like standard daddario nickel wounds for "bright" strings. They're THE standard roundwound string but maybe you want SS strings.
>>
>written hundreds of songs during my life
>can't sing and will never front my own band

just end me
>>
>>70453024
get a loop pedal, they are god-tier for jamming
>>
>>70453079
Pete Townsend and Noel Gallagher were their band's song writers
>>
>>70453143
true, I just don't like the idea of someone else singing my lyrics

all I want is to lead a comfy trio band
>>
Honest question:

Why play guitar as anything other than a hobby if you don't have the look for it?

Like why be good at playing if you don't look cool as shit playing. Which is pretty much impossible if you're fat and bald or something.

Anyone can play guitar so you really only have yourself to offer if you want to play to impress.
>>
>>70453196
Have you tried taking singing lessons?
>>
>>70453271
(you)
>>
>>70453317
nah, no point. I have zero talent to work with

not discrediting lessons either, my mum is a professional singer so I know how effective they can be
>>
>>70453360
>zero talent
i find this really hard to believe
>>
File: god.jpg (118KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
118KB, 950x633px
>>70453271
Omg he looks so good XDDD
Clearly guitar skills have nothing to do with it and it's all about how you look :P
>>
>>70453437
MAB is acutally mahguical
>>
>>70453437
multiple guitarists have gotten through phases of their careers being unable to play

Sid Vicious

the guitarist for Zeppelin being unable to play at that one stadium event

Its not even about good looks but nobody wants to admit image is almost 99% of being a figure in the guitar based music industry
>>
File: shane macgowan.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
shane macgowan.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
>>70453510
bullshit, pic related

one of the biggest and most loved figures in folk rock ever
>>
>>70450627
do you know what speakers are in it? I doubt its worth to run a head through it but who knows
>>
What is the standard equipment to play stoner rock?

What amp is good? are the orange amps meant to be combined with a lot of effects? some of them sound very dirty by themselves

can you play contemporary stoner rock with old classic fuzz face pedals? is it better to use a big muff or another kind?

what kind of wah should i use? a classic wah? is it connected before or after the fuzz?

is the chorus pedal used in rock or only in jazz?

Does the kind of guitar i play (in terms of shape and material) affect the sound too much? like, if i play stoner metal with say... a mahogany lespaul will it change a lot the sound if i play with a maple stratocaster? (implying same amps pedals pickups, etc...)
>>
>>70454216
Oh also, what are the best pickups to use for stoner rock? humbuckers?

in which situation are active pickups or single coil useful? Is there a huge difference in single stacked or side by side humbuckers?
>>
>>70453606
but being an ugly twat is his image. its very note worthy
>>
>>70453510
>image is almost 99% of being a figure in the guitar based music industry

yeah in the shit tier metal modern rock billiion note per second emo teen angst with shitty teen rebelliousness distantly related to music business

but in the god tier intellectual knowledge haver, good life seeker, emotion and beauty art wanter of jazz and modern alt rock everyone know its about the music, the fans might as well be blind
>>
>>70454229
p90s
>>
>>70454280
not at all, he's iconic for his lyrics and voice

plus he's self conscious to the point where alcoholism is the only reason he'll get up on stage. being an ugly fucked up mess is far from an image gimmick
>>
Why aren't strats good for playing heavy music?
>>
>>70454593
Generally you want a humbucker for heavy music to get the stereotypical "fat tones". You can play it just fine with a strat that has a bridge humbucker
>>
>>70450347
the girl is rather ugly, but the attitde she has makes her real hot
>>
>>70454593
Who said they aren't? Unless you mean death metal or some shit.
>>
>>70454593
You could slap an EQ at the end and get nasty ass tones from single coils
>>
how do i record midi suing the qwerty keyboard inr epaer? i cant fucking find the answer
>>
File: 1484443707166.jpg (46KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1484443707166.jpg
46KB, 650x650px
How often do you fuckers go through strings? I keep breaking mine like every two weeks granted they are d' addario super lights but still.
>>
>>70455062
Get thicker strings and see if it keeps happening.
Better toan with thicker strings too, I've been told.
>>
>>70451917

Is that you J Mascis
>>
>>70455062
never
>that bassist feel
>>
>>70455062
How do you break strings? I've never broken any and I viciously bend and change tunings often on a light set
>>
>>70455062
>>70455106
>>70455127

My guitarist broke two D strings in one week, we were about to file the bridge's saddles but then he broke an A string last saturday

fffuck Ernie Ball
>>
>>70455127
aggressive picking, not bending is what breaks strings.

slamming chords tryign to make your amp break up more is how most people break their strings, or dumbasses thinking that their acoustic guitar sounds good when they strum it really hard (protip: it doesnt)
>>
File: IMG_1861.jpg (294KB, 1000x673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1861.jpg
294KB, 1000x673px
>>70454710
>Tfw when no dirty punkfu to have raunchy sex in a grimy club bathroom before a set

Idk man I have a weird thing for petite blondes with mouselike faces. Her voice is hit or miss but it's got that gritty girl snarl
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KzzO0Bj20eM
>>
>>70455062
I think I have broken a string maybe once in the past 12 months
>>
>>70455154
>Ernie Ball
I've had trouble with those too.

At the moment I'm using D'Addario XL nickel 10's and they're good.
>>
File: fingers felder.gif (959KB, 229x229px) Image search: [Google]
fingers felder.gif
959KB, 229x229px
>>70455190
>be me
>at the open mic
>gf in the early stages of her period
>horny as fugg but not bleedin yet
>hike up her skirt and fuck her raw in the bathroom
>cum in her pussy
>pull her panties up right after so she gets a little messy cum puddle down there
>about 15 minutes later she decides shes gonna sing a song
>watching her on stage
>mfw i can see cum dribbling down the inside of her leg
>>
>>70455127
>I've never broken any

How? I've lost count how many times I've seen guitarists break them live let alone myself. Usually rhythm players though.
>>
>>70455161
>protip: it doesnt

But that's just like, your opinion, man
>>
>>70455062
My last set of Elixirs lasted 5 months but D'addarios usually don't live past a month before they get rusted to shit and risk tetanus. Fuck Ernie ball though, they rust within days.

>>70455117
>>70455062
Truer words have never been spoken at 1:00
https://youtu.be/5AHOvW77mTs
>>
>>70455281
Sounds hot but this is 4chan so my mental image of your gf isn't very flattering
>>
>>70455336
elixir polywebs really are the way to go unless you're rich af and can replace your strings every gig

other coated strings don't compare, aren't even the same type of thing. don't get me started on the garbage neon color bullshit strings
>>
>>70450939
Just sit down and fucking read it. Start with songs you already know in your head but can't actually play yet.

For example, last October I taught myself the first part of Pat Martino's solo on "Just Friends". I didn't know how to play it, but I could sing it and hear it in my head, so I found a transcription of it online and worked off of that. I had the part down in two days. The most important thing is to be able to look at the staff and recognize a note just by quickly looking at it, then being able to figure out rhythms (which will come with constant, consistent use of standard notation, you'll recognize patterns and hear them in your head as you see them). Buy a copy of "The Real Book: C Edition" and go to town. I recommend starting with simple tunes in C major, then moving into keys with more accidentals and simple rhythms (a lot of early Miles Davis stuff makes for good reading exercises).
>>
>>70455415
I recently bought a 10 pack of Elixirs for $40 off Reverb and now I'm set for life. I used to have the GC string club card and pay $8 a pack but I don't go as often anymore, although it is a good way to rack up in strings.
>>
>>70450718
How is the Viking?
>>
>>70455062
I never break strings unless I accidentally tune my high E string a little sharp or my thick E string unravels from aggressive live playing (which has only happened once). I replace my strings if they start getting really gnarly or if I'm going to record, or if I have a really important gig coming up and want to sound my best. I use Rotosound Yellows (.10-.46s) and wipe down my strings/neck with a microfiber towel after each use.
>>
please answer this, how do i set the basic stoner rock sound in a guitar vst??
>>
>>70454593
Depends on how heavy you want to go. I feel like you'd probably see a lot more "fat Strats" (Starts with humbucking pups) in modern heavy music if brands like Ibanez and Jackson hadn't cornered the heavy rock markets with pointy guitars decades ago.
>>
File: 1484182657873.jpg (63KB, 586x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484182657873.jpg
63KB, 586x600px
>tfw restringing and retuning high e

wonder how many steps there actually are from e pitch to the string snapping
>>
File: em.jpg (51KB, 260x715px) Image search: [Google]
em.jpg
51KB, 260x715px
>>70455361
lol

typical lanky post-heroin-chic highwaisted-cordouroy-wearing faux-hipster liberal-arts-degree-studying slag
>>
>>70455563
>fat strat

fat strat or bastard strat?
>>
>>70454229
Humbuckers should suit you just fine for stoner rock: Black Sabbath's guitar sound is backed up by an SG with humbuckers.

Single coil pickups will give you a great "sparkly" clean sound and do a great job of cutting through a mix for leads. Really good single coils get that classic "throaty" sound reminiscent of players like Hendrix. They are pretty noisy though, so if you play with a lot of gain keep in mind that you'll definitely hear some buzzing, or hum.

I'm not really a fan of active pups at all, so I can't vouch for their usefulness outside of modern heavy metal, like djent and "core" shit. To their credit though, they don't really seem to be marketed to anyone else.
>>
>>70453271
Why do anything if you don't look cool doing it? Anyway, please see "Shawn Lane" and burn your instruments.
>>
>>70450347
>String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>>http://hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/
This site is down, and has been for a few months I think. Sucks, I used it a lot.

>>70455582
I've tuned up to F, and generally you should be able to go to F# or so. Depends on the gauge of string.
I've broken a D'Addario 10 within a week, and just recently a brand new 9.5 as I was intonation. Both occurred while detuning the string. They're sending me a few 9.5s because a break in 5 mins shouldn't happen. I didn't go over E tuning, and the guitar has no burrs or sharp edges.
>>
>>70455630
Ayyy just like my last two hookups, one studying To be an art historian yet didn't know what the Baroque period was and the other studying fashion yet dressing like Mac Demarco 90s-core. The only time I'd actually see myself in a relationship is if the girl I was with was also a musician and touring with me.
>>
>>70454216
>is the chorus pedal used in rock
Used heaps on rock but sometimes it can sound dated
>>
>>70455797
>tfw gf sings and plays keys

feelsgoodman. she listens to nufemale indie stuff though while im a grandpa rock lewrongenerationfag.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0BGyq8Utw

how is this sound achieved?
>>
>>70455797
>meeting a girl who happens to be into the same music as you, a musician and competent enough to tour with you

Give up the dream already lad.
>>
File: IMG_0805.png (809KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0805.png
809KB, 640x1136px
>>70455966
Hey better than nothing, obviously I'm on /mu/ and I've seen shitty bands get better gigs while touring so I've developed a contrarian personality against musically stubborn people or those who think they're special because they don't listen to anything in the top 100. Hope y'all are happy, may sweet love and intense jams come your way

>>70456021
Sounds like the latency issue on my drop pedal giving it a "synth" sound to it. Maybe a touch of chorus or delay?

>>70456032
Nah m8, I'm young dumb and full of cum. I'm 19, got lucky and joined some quality musicians that needed a bassist and singer, and is touring the Midwest in hopes we can tour again in the summer. I'll settle down when we give up at 25 and work at a guitar shop and meet some annoying hipster chick in a coffee shop
>>
>>70454216
Big Muffs would be preferable, but Electric Wizard uses a Boss FZ-2 for their fuzz tone. Any Big Muff or Superfuzz style pedal would do.

As for amplifiers, Orange amps sound great with the gain cranked, but Boris likes to run them through Big Muffs. Matamp or old Plexis would do the trick as well.

As for wah, the connection is a matter of preference. I connect it after (running from the amp) the fuzz because it blends more cleanly, but connecting it before creates very wide sweeps and some very interesting tones.
>>
>>70456202
>I'll settle down when we give up at 25 and work at a guitar shop and meet some annoying hipster chick in a coffee shop

sounds comfy as fuck breh. meanwhile my parents will probably cut me off if i dont get into lawschool this summer and then im really fugged
>>
File: IMG_1814.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1814.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>70456474
Not really, it's my crash landing plan and I'll be stuck making the same amount of money I do at my part time job as a waiter. It'll be fun for as long as a Deluxe myself to believe I'm content with it, I got addicted to preforming like a maniac at a young age. Like that corny James Hetfield quote "music gave me that voice I never had." It turned me from a robot in high school to a wild man on a stage drunk and delirious off living my childhood dream. We're probably the same age so from one fellow to the other I'd say become a blues-lawyer, buy a bunch of vintage gear (hopefully from my eventual shop pls) and jam out with your law firm buddies drunk off your asses in a nice house in the suburbs with a classy wife. Here have a Latin weather girl
>>
>>70456675
*delude
Not Deluxe lel, I had a back and forth with my guitarist about Amp upgrades and it saved to my phone vocabulary
>>
File: Iommi2.jpg (203KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
Iommi2.jpg
203KB, 625x417px
>>70455643
I think Iommi's SG had p90s in the early days.
>>
>>70455563
I think there would be more Teles with a HH setup myself but agreed.
>>
why does everyone hate the boss metalzone so much? i played one at a friends house a number of years ago and didn't think it sounded bad at all? It had a nice cut to the sound and was pretty good for 80's style metal.
>>
>when youre trying out a fullstack at guitar centre, hit that first chord and feel your panties get noticeably wet

good lord
>>
Is this the future of amplification?
>>
>>70458213
>>
>>70458213
>>70458229
for you maybe
>>
File: when the bend hits.png (607KB, 659x431px) Image search: [Google]
when the bend hits.png
607KB, 659x431px
>>70450347
What does /gg/ think of Marty Friedman? Hit me with your best memes.
>>
Are Mayones worth the money?
>>
>>70457933
>tfw sold halfstack long ago
that bass response through your feet
>>
File: 2017-01-19 (2).png (690KB, 1079x617px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-19 (2).png
690KB, 1079x617px
>>70458264
Weeb and pedo
>>
>>70454369
>tfw to intelligent for image
>>
File: BrunetteWithBlondeStrat.jpg (90KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
BrunetteWithBlondeStrat.jpg
90KB, 433x650px
>>70458264
with jews you lose
>>
File: 1469356869586.jpg (98KB, 959x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469356869586.jpg
98KB, 959x720px
>>70457933
My girl's uncle used to have a half stack stored in the place we used to live in.
>first generation 6505 head with custom tubes
>marshall cab
>custom leopard print sleeve to prevent dust on the head
>"but where's the clean channel?"
>his face
There's no better feeling than to hear the first chord and ALL the endless feedback. I'll definetely buy it from him when I have a use for it.
>>
File: redhead heroin junkie.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
redhead heroin junkie.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
>>70458381
There was a joke going around in the early 90's Megadeth I read in Mustaine's book, the other guys used to laugh at Marty's weeb ways, that when his mother told her to marry a Jap, she meant a Jewish American Princess, not a chink.
>>
File: 1484431737016.jpg (13KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1484431737016.jpg
13KB, 223x226px
>>70458396
>to intelligent
>>
>>70458452
i want to believe that you and your uncle got stoned and played the entire FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE setlist many a time with that amp
>>
>>70458940
Well not really, he's the biggest Van Halen nerd tho, he has that ugly Peavey Wolfgang thing which has a tremendous tone and plays like butter. I must have spent a dozen hours fiddling around with dive bombs and feedback. I barely use these tricks when playing but it's just too much fun.
>>
How do you get that almost trumpety sound Path Metheny gets?
>>
>>70450347
>I bought my 410 cab new
>I'm now seeing how ridiculously cheap it would have been to buy one used
Fuck.....
>>
>>70453114
Whats a good loop pedal you'd recommend?
>>
>>70450932
FX loop lets you put your modulation pedals after the amp distortion which keeps your tone from becoming a mess.
>>
>>70457584
Metalzone is ok for distortion but sucks as a boost. Amps have better on board distortion anyway.
>>
>>70459359
You mean the synth guitar sound? Starting at 2:12 in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Id5_85mTv0
>>
>>70459932
Yeah. I think it's really cool
>>
>>70459875
idk. i cant seem to get the same cut out of my amp's on deck controls. the boss seemed to have a more smooth distortion.
>>
File: 1470433908255.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1470433908255.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>Tfw bought guitar capo and got an ukulele capo
>>
>>70460132
Kek
>>
>>70458272
>is mayones an instrument?
>>
>>70459719
Boss TC-3, it's more than most people ever need. RC-30 if you got money to burn.
>>
Is it worth it to build your own guitar out of parts, or should I just buy myself a complete one?
>>
>>70459945
Pat Metheny uses an old school roland guitar synth but you could get the same sound from the GR-55, you would just need to get the pedal and adapt your guitar with the roland pickup. Kind of expensive though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe-5fcD2xwo
>>
File: 71+bxTe4l2L._SL1200_.jpg (154KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71+bxTe4l2L._SL1200_.jpg
154KB, 1200x1200px
I'm a moron, please help me with my pick

What do you guys think of a Gretsch G2622T as my second guitar ? It sounds pretty good and I want an affordable guitar as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYyzWSLFuNo
>>
>>70459719
ditto or ditto x2
>>
>when your friend is telling you how his $400 modelling amp sounds exactly like your $3000 tube head

im afraid not
>>
>>70460854
If you're asking, no.

If you just want a project then yes.

It probably wont look or play as nice as a pre built guitar if you dont know what youre dping or what to buy, but if you want to learn to work on guitars its a good enough place to start.
>>
File: 1484598555754.gif (530KB, 500x615px) Image search: [Google]
1484598555754.gif
530KB, 500x615px
>started playing guitar when I was a teenager
>seemed like a cool way to express yourself musically
>got really good
>considered accomplished even by professionals I sometimes associate with
>as I mature musically I realize writing guitar based music is rudimentary, simplistic and creatively limited compared to the infinite possibilities a laptop based DAW offers now
>as I mature musically I slowly realize how uninteresting most guitar based music actually is
>as I mature socially I come to realize most people have long since stopped caring about guitar based music too
>mfw guitar might as well be an accordion or a harpsichord now
>pic related: mfw I know in my heart I wasted my time on this instrument
>mfw I wish I could have all that time I wasted back
don't end up like me kids, save yourselves from my fate
>>
question;
so i have an epi SG, and i cant seem to get the action as low as id like. On my dean, i have an extremely low action, with almost no fret buzz. the SG is a tad higher, but yet my 2nd fret is not usable. yet its still higher than the dean. on the dean i have .9-.42's and on the SG i have .10-.46. the SG buzzed more when i had .9's on it.
>>
>>70462511
sg's have whats called a recessed set neck, so the neck is angled away rather than being parallel to the body like a strat or tele would be.

becuse of this, the action is much trickier to get setup right. its a delicate combination of nut height, neck relief, and bridge height.
>>
>>70462165
>tfw when you wasted 2600$
>>
File: Neck_Joint_US_vs_Cust-Mod.jpg (20KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
Neck_Joint_US_vs_Cust-Mod.jpg
20KB, 400x268px
>>70462620
like this? hmmm, i might have to mess with it a little more then. i think i have it as low as i can possibly get it. kinda sucks, because id love to use this guitar in E-flat or with .9's.
>>
>>70462501
Honestly i only make hip hop beats now. Only reason i come here is because i still build effects and amps. I dont really enjoy playing guitar anymore.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>70462501
>>
>>70462511
>>70462708

keep in mind that the SG and Dean guitars are made in 2 different eras for 2 different play styles and music. SG's are more for rock, while Dean is for dimefags and metal players.
>>
>>70462640
>poorfags who dont know the unadulterated joy of playing L O U D
>>
>>70461351
Seems really good. I've been thinking of a semi hollow with a bigsby for a while. If i had the spare money I would be seriously considering.

If that's what you want then I don't think you'd be disappointed even slightly.
>>
>>70456021
anyone else care to answer?
>>
>>70462858
try some kind of fuzz distortion with the gain at like 2, use the neck pickup with the tone turned down, but just enough to get a little punch. a little reverb, and play with the mids.

try bass at 4
mids at noon
highs at like 4
>>
>>70456351
thank you!!!

How is this sound achieved:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Nuun_P1ZQ

How about this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0BGyq8Utw
And this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9pZxnJAwQI

this?=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rnOt7JcMWM (both the main guitar and fuzzy one in background)

this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LofR8qlYdvo

and last but not least this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMPA4xPFpg
>>
>>70462968
whoa whoa whoa pal take it easy
>>
File: 1479119867076.jpg (36KB, 609x324px) Image search: [Google]
1479119867076.jpg
36KB, 609x324px
>>70462501
Why do you keep posting this?
>>
>>70462620
>the action is much trickier to get setup right
lol no it's not
>its a delicate combination of nut height, neck relief, and bridge height.
literally every guitar has to strike this balance, shut the fuck up
>>
>>70462942
thanks anon, as soon as i can turn on the vst i will try that

>>70462980
sorry im a stoner junkie haha
>>
>>70455514
Way late but I loved it the second I put my hands on it. I get good tones out of it and it's the most comfortable guitar i've ever had.
>>
>>70462991
wow so clever u must know a lot about guitars :^)
>>
can anyone tell me how to get this sound? and possibly tab it out for me, / tell me the cords? im just beginning to play by ear and i cant quite get it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh43qnk89KY
>>
>>70462501
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 168x94px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 168x94px
Wasting your life on guitar. Wasting your life here. Wasting your money on guitar. Wasting your time making money to waste. lmao bitch nerds btfo

>>70463188
Mods in full damage control.
>>
>>70462501
what a piece of shit, im an old man who didnt play enough guitar in his youth and is trying to make up time for it

i fucking guarantee that each note you play on the guitar is worth it, if you did it as a chore or to get "famous" or even worse, to get chicks then you dont really know what music is, i suggest you learn what art and passion and true feeling of the spirit is before you try your hand at another art

oh but given that its constantly pastedit seems like it may very well be bait
>>
>>70463248
>old man
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>70451917
dank

>>70463289
this desu, 48yearoldanon needs to go to bed.
>>
>>70463289
>Opinion disregarded
what? why? you think you wont end up like me?

you think you are "the newwww generation" and that youre all "cool" and "hip" and "swag" and "yolo" and whatever bullshit you want?

well let me tell you, when youth wears off and bald spots and belly starts to appear youll end up the same as me, youre not the cultural revoltuion, youre not a special snowflake change.

So get ready for it, because the more rebel you think you are the more youll find out youre in compliance with the system
>>
>>70461351
something that bothers the fuck out of me every time i see a Bigsby

DON'T STRING A BIGSBY LIKE THE PICTURE OF THIS GRETCH SHOWS. NEVER

N E V E R

N E V E R

GO UNDER THE BAR. Go over it. Seriously. Go over the bar. A ton of people think Bigsbys are shit because they go under the bar and have problems with it.
>>
>>70463532
>GO UNDER THE BAR. Go over it. Seriously. Go over the bar

im getting mixed messages here
>>
>>70463685
N E V E R
E
V
E
R

GO UNDER THE BAR

ALWAYS
L
W
A
Y
S

GO OVER THE BAR
>>
File: 1429811517553.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1429811517553.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>70463407
>tfw by the time i'm your age we'll have anti-aging technologies that will make me age backwards
>>
File: consensual.jpg (34KB, 434x467px) Image search: [Google]
consensual.jpg
34KB, 434x467px
>>70463751
>>70463685
>>70463532
>>
File: laney.jpg (133KB, 951x1264px) Image search: [Google]
laney.jpg
133KB, 951x1264px
Laney re-issues their first amp, LA100BL. It's nice but I would have also liked a forward looking product for their anniversary.
>>
How good of a simulation can you get with vsts and a good sound board for pc, is it the same?
>>
>>70463800
>thinking it will be available to the general public
>>
>>70463236
Jesus, are you twelve? Nothing's a waste if you're enjoying yourself.
>boo hoo I lost my passion and now everyone should do the same
You're either a troll or a fucking whiny baby. Take your pick.
>>
>>70464181
it will by then. although you'll be way too old for it to have an effect on you other than make ur tummy extra gassy
>>
File: 1465907694706.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465907694706.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
I recently picked up a cheap uke. I haven't played string instruments before, so please take a deep breath before reading this. I've only played from "tabs" (4 strings and number indicating position). Why is every song written in chords instead of tabs? Are people just lazy and don't bother with the tabs or is there something i'm missing? Tabs seem better in so many ways and i'm used to them after playing piano for 8 years.
>>
>>70464218
>thinking they'll let just anyone use it
>what is population control
>>
>>70463236
ok, thanks for your opinion, please dont post here just to shit things up. If you dont like playing guitar theres a place where youll fit in:its called everywhere but here
>>
>>70450627
I have one in my basement. They're complete garbage. Wish my dad would fucking sell it.

I use a Blackstar HT-1 in my bedroom.
>>
File: 1464902133430.jpg (29KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1464902133430.jpg
29KB, 400x387px
>>70462501
this hurt me
>>
File: Oh-you-Dog.jpg (85KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Oh-you-Dog.jpg
85KB, 400x400px
I kind of left the electric guitar for a bit and took my folk again, found a nice chord progression mates, what do you think of it? https://clyp.it/3ido2vxb
>>
>>70463248
>pastedit
>>
>>70464473
dont mind it , i started playing guitar at 28yo, i thought my life was fucked up because i missed playing in my youth i was 1000% wrong, playing an instrument you like is great at any age in any circumstance, as long as you get past the shitty lel i wanna be famous, lel i play guitar to get chicks
>>
>>70464475
Report submitted! This window will close in 3 seconds...
>>
>>70464475
>tfw put in the earbud at "..in your sleep" so the curse hasnt taken effect
hahaha gonna close this page down so you cant try to re-curse me haha
>>
There's no guitar that has a more versatile do-all look than the Stratocaster. Especially if you get it in white or black. It can pass as a country/blues rocker all the way to a metal guitar if you change the pups. Who /strat/ here?
>>
can someone explain drop tuning? What styles of music use them, how and when to use them, etc.
>>
>>70464725
im a /strat/ player too lad
>>
>>70464193
>>70464384
>bitch nerds
>btfo
>>
>>70464725

The look of the guitar doesn't count when it's used by a shitty player.

I /strat/ though. On a more general tone I don't really like single cuts and I'm a PRS kind of guy.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (47KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
47KB, 600x765px
>>70464788
>I'm a PRS kind of guy
>>
>>70464788
Except that I don't swear by PRS master race. I fact I mainly use a cheap cort instead of my PRS for most recordings. I just enjoy their aesthetics the most.
>>
>>70464788
Everybody always says something like this on here when you mention looks when talking about choosing a guitar. Every serious player, whom by definition takes playing seriously, will care about how their guitar looks. Stop acting like it's not important, it's not about how you look on stage but how you feel having that particular instrument in your hands. If I'm in my bedroom and I'm trying to play some Black Sabbath on a hollow body gibson or a fender mustang I'm going to FEEL stupid. Does this make sense or does it still go over your head?
>>
>>70464748
these days it faggots like this that cant actually play a guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8
>>
>>70464888
>If I'm in my bedroom and I'm trying to play some Black Sabbath on a hollow body gibson or a fender mustang I'm going to FEEL stupid.

You'd have no reason to if your tone is right and you play correctly.
>>
File: hatke hx112.jpg (81KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
hatke hx112.jpg
81KB, 400x340px
Is Hartke HX 112 a bad idea as my only cab?
I travel often, and since i don't have a car lugging normal cabs is a problem. Impendance switching is a nice touch since my amp head is 4ohm.

Has anyone tried it?
>>
>>70460854
Depends
Actually building it? If you are asking, then definitely not.
But assembling a Stratocaster (for instance) can be fun. (But then again, it can be a nightmare for some people, a waste of time, and a waste of money)

It may be cheaper if you know what you are doing.

But then again, you can probably find a cheap and good used guitar.
>>
>>70464935
That's 50% of it, but most people would disagree with your argument I think.
>>
>>70464725
The Ibanez S is pretty close I think. But it's just a thin superstrat so that's not a very surprising thing.

>>70464748
Drop X is basically tuning the standard way, one tone up from X and detuning the first string one tone down. The first interval between the two strings thus goes from a perfect fourth to a perfect fifth
So drop D is DADGBE (compared to EADGBE in standard), drop C is CGCFAD(from DGCFAD) and so on.
There are two uses for that. Either chugging the shit out of your guitar like a faggot, or getting some other wise non feasible chords.

>>70464811
>oh no people like things

>>70464888
I think it's also a lot about comfort, I think for instance LPs feel like shit and it's most likely due to the way I play.
>>
File: ce22_091916 4.jpg (880KB, 2043x2160px) Image search: [Google]
ce22_091916 4.jpg
880KB, 2043x2160px
>>70464978
>people like things
>>
>>70465029
is this a picture of a fa/gg/ot?
>>
Is the mustang II really worth the 100 extra dollars up from a mustang I? I really don't want to buy anything used and I just plan on using it for learning.
>>
File: ce22_091916 6.jpg (626KB, 1440x2160px) Image search: [Google]
ce22_091916 6.jpg
626KB, 1440x2160px
>>70465134
yep. see red circle here
>>
>>70464769
btfo? i dont think you knwo what that means

it means beathen the fuck out

which is whhat i dfid to you by saying that if you dont like guitar dont play it

hehe.. awkward... sorry i didnt mean to win over you so hard... well better luck next time now please stop polluting my general
>>
>>70465191
>>>>his framed pokeman collection
>>
>>70464974
>50%

What's important is that you like the look of your guitar. The look in itself doesn't objectively matter if we speak about playing in a specific genre. You can play soft indie stuff with a BC Rich as long as it sounds good. (Bad example since nothing can sound good with a BC rich but you get my point)
>>
File: experiencetranquility.jpg (49KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
experiencetranquility.jpg
49KB, 240x255px
>>70465029
>implying this isn't the face of exitement
>implying he hasn't reached pure raw nirvana
>>
File: eeveelutions.jpg (863KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
eeveelutions.jpg
863KB, 1440x960px
>>70465244
>>
>>70465278
>the euphoric face of blind consumerism
>>
>>70465205
>spelling
>grammar
>sentence structure
>central idea
All btfo
>>
>>70465378
Better than the despising face of can't even afford to be blinded by consumerism. Both are autism though
>>
>>70465421
btfo
yes we agree

but thats what happened to you
by me
all over you

exponentially by me

sorry, hehe i won, too bad. no re
>>
How do you feel about the fact that rock music is dead?

Or do you all just play metal anyway?
>>
>>70453271
>I have the look
>the talent
>basic music theory knowledge
>technical skills
>player paid gigs
>in a band

Sorry buddy, I have fun, and my day job supports my gear buying habits.

>tfw waiting for summer to cash in paid vacation time to go on tour

June can't come soon enough.
>>
File: 1466012272764.png (175KB, 316x317px) Image search: [Google]
1466012272764.png
175KB, 316x317px
>>70465421
lol@ bitch nerds cryin' hard af itt
will they ever learn senpaitachi?
>>
File: 1477026065351.jpg (24KB, 449x440px) Image search: [Google]
1477026065351.jpg
24KB, 449x440px
>>70465556
fuck. one off
>>
>>70465523
Metal. Rock has been changed by technology, see Radiohead.

The real metal sound will never not be guitars with humbuckers run into tube stacks and heavy drumming. There's a million bands out there who still stick to that creed, much moreso than modern rock bands who identify as indie, prog, experimental, etc.
>>
File: peak transcendance.jpg (185KB, 425x389px) Image search: [Google]
peak transcendance.jpg
185KB, 425x389px
>>70465378
Don't you tell me this isn't the face of the modern Buddha
>>
File: steve jobs.jpg (9KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
steve jobs.jpg
9KB, 250x300px
>>70465639
>>
is there any brand worse than prs?
>>
So, how does the thickness of a string effect it's tone? I want to try out some difference strings but am not sure which ones to go with.
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (46KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
46KB, 900x900px
>>70453271
>tfw you can't grow your hair out because you have a job
>>
>>70465792
gibshit
>>
The GRG is exactly the kind of guitar I'd gig with. The budget Ibanez guitars have great build quality for the price point. Swap out the pickups for your favorite Dimarzio or SD set, and then drag that thing all over town. If it gets beat up or beer spilled on it or vomited on or what have you, take out the pickups & toss them into another GRG & keep going
>>
>>70465842
What's wrong with gibson guitars?
>>
>>70465792
>>
>>70465870
>What's wrong with gibson guitars
>he doesn't know
lol
>>
>>70465870
>
>
>
>>
>>70465870
literally everything
>>
>>70465887
So you have no answer then?
>>
>>70465919
see
>>70465918
>>
>>70465918
Such as?
>>
File: Gibson.jpg (119KB, 550x750px) Image search: [Google]
Gibson.jpg
119KB, 550x750px
>>70465870
poorfags can't afford them and it makes them mad as fuck
that's literally it
>>
>>70465953
That's a pretty cool add.
>>
>>70465950
>finish
>quality
>build
>tuners
>pots
>switches
>pickups
>frets
>fretboard
>truss rods
>tone
etc, etc
>>
>>70465970
shame it's for such a lame company
>>
>>70465953
>1986

There has never been a better ad. As if we needed more proof the 80s were the best guitar years.
>>
>>70465975
And what makes these things worse than other guitars? Explain yourself.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>70465953
>forn factory
>NoName
>noTone
>yamawho
>Cartel
>Ibenhad
>Kromer
>Blender
only Gibson bantz are good enough
>>
>>70465827
thicker string gauges allow for better tuning stability and more inline with rhythm playing (think 11's & up). Going with 9's and lower, you have more bendable strings suited for lead playing. Of course your experience will vary, but I think this is a generally agreed upon thought.
>>
>>70465836

>implying playing guitar isn't his job

ISHYGDDT
>>
>Ibenhad

that is absolutely RUTHLESS levels of bantz
>>
>>70465953
>they ended up buying Kramer
>>
File: tele.jpg (6KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
tele.jpg
6KB, 291x173px
Could i put p90's in my L.E. Offset tele, and keep the vintage string through bridge?
>>
>>70465975
>t. Epiphone player

I've owned a handful of gibson guitars. They were all well worth the money and retained resale value. Two different explorers (a 2012 that I sold for drugs and a 2016 which I still own), a 2012 Les Paul gold top, also sold for drugs, and a 2015 SG standard which I loaned to my childhood friend.
>>
>>70466661
By drugs do you mean weed?
>>
>>70466691
Mostly LSD, coke, and yes weed. I have an addictive personality and it lead to a lot of bullshit when I was younger.
>>
>>70465870
set neck
headstock design was an actual step straight backwards from Fender, even though they try to say it's an upgrade
quality control is absolute garbage
sound quality is absolute garbage

Want a full featured full priced Gibson with better build quality and sound? Get a fucking clue and buy a Duesenberg.
>>
>>70466624

Why would you buy an $800+ guitar with the pickups of a Tele on the body of a Jazzmaster, only to rip off the Tele parts and put Jazzmaster parts on?

They sell that guitar already. It's called a Jazzmaster. Keep your LIMITED EDITION AMERICAN FENDER intact, sell it, and go get the guitar you actually want
>>
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2017-laney-launches-recreations-of-tony-iommis-original-black-sabbath-amp-and-treble-booster-pedal-646879

I want one, but only 50 worldwide? Also, probably would be cheaper just to find an original head. But still, a cool project
>>
>>70467015
I think you're responding to a troll post bud.
>>
>>70459932
Fucking hell, this is amazing
Why did I never listen to anyone talking about Pat Metheny before
>>
>>70467051
Maybe, but I made DUMB fucking decisions like this when I was younger. I almost modified (read: destroyed the value of) a '63 pre-CBS Jaguar that was given to me because I wanted to play metal. If there's a chance he's genuinely asking, someone should at least try to talk him out of it
>>
File: 1480916887339.gif (594KB, 249x214px) Image search: [Google]
1480916887339.gif
594KB, 249x214px
Why does /mu/ hate Gibson so much? I've had really good luck with my les paul, I got some custom pickups my bud wound in them, and it sounds really great.
>>
>>70467219
see
>>70465953
>poorfags can't afford them and it makes them mad as fuck
>that's literally it
>>
>>70458492
I just fucking read that part last night
>>
File: 1393811815266.png (71KB, 468x446px) Image search: [Google]
1393811815266.png
71KB, 468x446px
>>70458381
That little girl is legitimately bigger than Marty
>>
>>70467219

You installed custom, hand-wound pickups. There's a small chance that it might have something to do with how great it sounds
>>
>>70462501

What time is it in France, Varg?
>>
>>70467246
It's the same reason they constantly shill for MIM fenders, rondo music, and Squier offsets.
>>
When I pick one string on my guitar the other vibrate and make noise on my amp. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
what's /gg/'s opinion on jackson guitars?

blease no "fug bointy headstock" :DDDD
>>
>>70467386
fug pointy headstock :DDDD
>>
File: 1476069899561.jpg (42KB, 870x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476069899561.jpg
42KB, 870x720px
>>70467386
>"fug bointy headstock" :DDDD
damn you preempted my reply senpai
how will I ever recover from this humiliation
>>
Would it be better/cheaper to install a vibrato onto my MiM Telecaster or to just buy a cheapie Squier Jazzmaster? I want a vibrato for more shoegaze sounds.
>>
>>70467547
Its more work than just installing it. Just buy a guitar with a tremolo.
>>
>>70467547
>Vibrato
>>
File: Cerati.jpg (168KB, 3072x2196px) Image search: [Google]
Cerati.jpg
168KB, 3072x2196px
>>70467386
It was Lettuce-man's brand of choice
>>
>>70467385
Anyone?
>>
>>70467708
Just get good
>>
>>70467708
Yes mute your fucking strings.
>>
>>70467708
It's called sympathetic vibration,very sciency stuff that is pretty interesting. Work on your left and right hand muting. The best guitar players are able to mute their high strings with the left hand while muting the lower ones with the right constantly.I don't mean plam muting, I mean lightly making contact with the others strings so they can't vibrate.
>>
>>70467782
Thanks anon. Reading up on it now.
>>
how do i into pinch harmonics
>>
>>70467849
Work on making a slight scooping motion, also figure out the best area to pick at based on where your left hand is at. Sometimes its easier by the bridge and sometimes nearer the neck, all depends on what fret is being played
>>
>>70467386
good build quality, a perfect pick if you want a shredder with neck that isn't Ibanez thin
>>
>>70467913
>figure out the best area to pick
wow im guitar noob and didnt even realize it matters too
i wondered why some frets just didnt work
>>
>>70467986
Yeah, choke up on the pick as well, the whole point is to pick the string then immediately graze it with the edge of your thumb to get the harmonic. The scooping motion helps get the hand away from the string to avoid killing the harmonic, once you get better you will be able to a do multiple in succession.
>>
>>70463014
Thanks for the reply dude, I've been looking for a semi hollow and the Viking looks sexy, how is the resinator fretboard?
>>
>>70460895
Any other pedal that makes that guitar synth sound? This thing is huge. I just want a small pedal that makes that analog guitar synth sound at 40 seconds.
>>
File: IMG_3741.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3741.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Should I impulse it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WBBcH6OPU

I just have to post this cuz the solo

and marty robbins

grady martin was the GOAT

talk about underrated
>>
>>70464725
I dunno man. I really don't like how they look, and I get absolutely no vibes from it.
Great guitars at very decent prices tho.
>>
>>70468758
>VIBES

can't wait till baby boomers die
>>
>>70464725
I /strat/
>>
>>70465953
wtf I love gibson now
>>
File: bartguns.png (125KB, 208x254px) Image search: [Google]
bartguns.png
125KB, 208x254px
>>70464725
I'm more of a tele / gibson lad myself but always wanted a strat.
inb4 pic related
>>
File: latest[1].png (7KB, 540x550px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
7KB, 540x550px
>>70468807
I'm sensing some bad vibes here.
>>
>>70467651
does that guy have an airbrushed beard?

what an incredible faggot
>>
anyone know if there are any decent Chinese copies of this bass, and where to get them?
>>
>>70468807
Dont harsh my mellow bro
>>
>>70468807
Jezz m8, I'm not american, I had no idea that "vibes" is démodé already.
Just a bit drunk, that's all.
>>
>>70457015
His main guitar during the golden years had a P90 on the neck and a custom-made single coil on the bridge.
>>
>>70469001
I'm American and I couldn't give a shit.
>>
>>70468927
http://ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/e/select.php?cd=11-326645103
If you don't buy it I will. Orville was gibson's MIJ line.
>>
File: wes_montgomery.jpg (88KB, 1044x843px) Image search: [Google]
wes_montgomery.jpg
88KB, 1044x843px
>fingers on body
what a hack
>>
>>70469313
>jazz
I could have told you that before i saw his shit technique
>>
>>70469285
25 seconds was my worst moment listening to music, sorry chap
>>
>>70469285
Oh look it's another baby learns his first scale and then plays up and down it really fast with absolutely no phrasing or muting technique
>>
>>70467386
breddy gud :DDD
>>
>>70469401
>>70469508
watch out guys, he's going to flip out and brag about his super cool ruse cruise
>>
>>70467386
THEYRE GREAD :D
>>
How do I hybrid pick without the string getting caught under my fingernail? Do I really need to cut my nails extremely short and rounded to the point where they start getting ingrown just to avoid this annoyance?
>>
>>70469578
shape your nails like a classical player
>>
>>70469616
well your best is shit, write interesting stuff and come back
>>
>>70469596
Can I do that but also keep the nails relatively short? I don't want disgusting looking classical player nails.
>>
>>70469616
You literally only do scale runs. It is a finger exercise not music
>>
>>70469654
It depends on what you consider short I guess.
Nobody's going to give a shit about you having slightly long nails unless you're a filthy crust punk who can't wash himself.
>>
>>70469660
No, it is exactly what I enjoy playing. I think it sounds fucking awesome! Stop talking shit. Just Stop. Just because you're anonymous doesnt mean the god of our universe cant see what youre doing.

HAHAHA youre such little faggots, trying to ban me for posting videos of me playing the guitar in a guitar thread. This is why you all sit around and jerk off to gear all day. Pathetic little creatures you are.
>>
>>70469802
I want to pick with my finger flesh, not the nail. The nails get in the way. Even if I keep them short, the corner of the nail catches the string sometimes.
>>
>>70469616
>I have no need to brag

>>70469820
>brags

it's fucking pottery, only shakespear could have written such a play
>>
Does anybody recommend the Marshall DSL40C? I'm thinking about getting one, and i'll be getting it at less than have of store price. Also, any thing to look for when buying used amps?
>>
>>70469828
Oh yeah then just cut that shit away if it bothers you, I use my nails because it has a more percussive attack but that comes down to preference.
Have you tried changing the angle you attack the string with your finger though ? Sometimes that can be the issue I guess.
>>
>>70469895
Gotta admit I haven't practiced with my fingers much. Guess I'll keep some nail clippers in my guitar case so I can be ready at all times and start practicing hybrid until I get the hang of it.
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>70469820
>deletes own post
>claims he was almost banned
>mentions god judging me

nice bait, but you still suck ass. I kinda expect this behavior from a shitty bedroom player who never played with a band tho.
>>
>>70469856
I played one at a guitar center once with a squier bullet stratocaster that happened to be sitting next to it and it STILL sounded like the best amp I had ever heard in my life.
>>
>>70466099
>>forn factory
>>NoName
>>noTone
what are these even supposed to be?
>>
>>70464725
>I'm going to buy some more guitars. I want to get a Fender. No, I don't like Fenders, man. I'll get one anyway
>>
>>70469951
Why would I delete my own post? I still dont have 100 subscribers. Youre all a bunch of faggots that couldnt play any better than me if their life depended on it. Thats bragging.
>>
>>70470071
common denominators for all the other "mentioned" brands
>>
>>70470058
sounds good. i'll probably try it out myself on the weekend.
>>
>>70470143
I can't find that scene anywhere, got a link?
>>
>>70470143
who /shoottheseals/ here?
>>
>>70470314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaXQeRPO0g
>>
>>70468329
Nope, I'd say yes if it. Was the Surf Green one
>>
>>70470343
Doesn't have the "don't like fenders, I'll buy one anyway" bit
torrenting full movie
>>
>>70470369
$500 and made in japan tho, could trade in my 2003 MIM telecaster that I don't play anymore. Don't have a guitar that has humbuckers
>>
>>70470498
oh, that part is right after as they drive off.
>>
>>70470539
yeah I know but none of the ones on youtube have it
>>
>spend two weeks out of the country
>come home and immediately start practicing
>fingers hurt like shit after just an hour

fugg
>>
first riff you learned?
glasgow kiss for me
>>
>>70470590
>fingers hurt after only 2 weeks
Weird, then again I got a friend who plays every day and his fingers don't callous and bleed.
>>
>>70470744
the bassline from white wedding
>>
Newu threadu
>>70470842

>>70470842

>>70470842
>>
>>70470506
What don't you lol about the Strat? The sound? The pawn shop 72 is just a semihollow Strat with a humbucker
>>
>>70470744
drain you by nirvana
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.