[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - "selfie" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 71

File: Untitled-1.png (54KB, 330x145px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
54KB, 330x145px
>>70369023
>>The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.
>>https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>>>come here to make charts
>>https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>>>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music
>>http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>>>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff
>>Previously, on /daily/:>>70369023
>>The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.
>>https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>>>come here to make charts
>>https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>>>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music
>>http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>>>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff
>>Previously, on /daily/: >>70331098(Cross-thread) →
>>
File: Jinzo-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png (867KB, 479x695px) Image search: [Google]
Jinzo-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png
867KB, 479x695px
1st for

trap songs which namecheck this guy?
>>
OwO
>>
File: file.png (128KB, 700x284px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
128KB, 700x284px
le shitpost

1. I finally found a sofa that I like which is in a good price range, and I really want to order it. However, it's pretty fucking large at almost 3 meters wide, and I'm not sure how to furnish my apartment for it to fit well. This sucks. I'm considering just throwing my desk out and hooking my computer up to my TV only, using it with a BT keyboard and mouse from the sofa.

2. I played a bit of Trine 2 today with my gf. Really wonderful game, lots of fun in the coop mode, and it's simple enough that she can enjoy it too. Good stuff.

3. The only examination I will be having in the next class is a 15 minute presentation. Literally nothing else. WTF?

4. I'm still mad that what.cd is dead. At least for the fact that I never got to download all the /trad/ I wanted. I could still blow like 400GB of downloads without being put on ratio watch.
>>
File: jazz.jpg (1MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpg
1MB, 3220x3220px
nth for jazz and snapchat

where the fuck is jangle
>>
What's your favourite album of 2017 so far?
>>
>>70394834
technically not out yet but i really enjoyed Xiu Xiu's latest effort. still don't think they'll ever touch their first three albums.
>>
File: IMG_20170110_193159.jpg (945KB, 1983x2437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170110_193159.jpg
945KB, 1983x2437px
ignore the shitty beard plz
>>70394659
sounds like a bad idea, to me at least. i find it unconfortable yo use a computer in a place that isn't a desk, specially a sofa. You should upload all the trad you got too. Maybe to soulseek :)
>>
>>70394924
>ignore the shitty beard plz
make me
>>
>>70394866
Not a fan of Xiu Xiu desu.

>>70394924
I still have a laptop if I need to """"work"""". Most games I play can probably be played comfortably from the sofa.

I already share all my trad on SLSK whenever I'm online.
>>
>>70394950
i promise i will shave plz no bully
>>
File: 1473819896977.jpg (10KB, 177x215px) Image search: [Google]
1473819896977.jpg
10KB, 177x215px
>>70394970
>he doesn't like xiu xiu
>>
>>70394659
>I'm still mad that what.cd is dead.
I stopped using it once I got to college, but I really wish I'd used it to a greater extent than I once did :/

>>70394924
handsome!! very proud!!
>>
Gonna selfie tomorrow.

>>70394988
Yes.
>>
File: Mr Wallace.jpg (97KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Wallace.jpg
97KB, 1000x750px
>>70394562
what the fuck is that OP
>>
>>70395084
The Daily Afghanistan /mu/.
>>
File: topsters2(1).png (536KB, 2025x748px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2(1).png
536KB, 2025x748px
i did some o these
blood on ice was underwhelming, lame vocals and I'd much rather stick with anything that came before

left hand path has nice riffs but I'm still having a hard time getting used to the vocals which get old after a few songs

monotheist is my favorite of the bunch, just a really good record in many aspects, pretty dark and heavy stuff but I don't seem to get tired of it
>>
>>70395061
calendar = marked
>>70394924
i thought you'd be uglier
>>
>>70395357
and you haven't seen me without this piece of shit on my face. Post a pic of yourself silly boy
>>
>>70394762
complete hot 5s and 7s is 4 hours and a half if you didn't know
it's pretty good but if you don't like the style it's not a good thing to do in its entirety
also omnibook IS a book
for something that encompasses bird's music you can do yardbird suite
maybe you could use some more classics but I am going to bed now
>>70394834
new brad mehldau soon i hope it's nice
>>
>>70395153
2.5/4
>>
>>70395403
i have irl friends who browse /mu/ and they don't know I'm a tripfag
maybe ill do it on snapchat or something
>>70395431
i feel stupid
thanks for your help
>>
yo, can someone check if pass the headphones has Gabor Lazar's Crisis Of Representation, please.

i do the interview n grab it myself, just need to know if it's there.
>>
>>70395509
higher than your average score i reckon
>>70395551
no, you'd feel stupid had you spent a bunch of time looking for the omnibook album like i did
>>
>>70395084
thats a rare david
>>
File: Freeform Chart 5.png (935KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 5.png
935KB, 1560x720px
Ty Segall - Ty Segall (2017)
>garage rock, psychedelic rock

I like it more than the failed experiment of Emotional Mugger, but Ty is still on autopilot. The ten-minute "Warm Hands (Freedom Returned)" is the best track here, mixing heaviness with the calm folk rock that takes up the rest of the album. For as well as the track blends the two, the heavier garage rock is so much better than the generic folk rock, which makes the rest of the tracks bland, something that I never thought I'd describe Ty's music with. These tracks don't even have good melodies, which is another thing I never thought I'd say about Ty's music. I hope he makes something as good as Manipulator soon, because his past couple releases have done nothing for me.

2.0+
>>
File: Bookmark Chart.png (3MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Bookmark Chart.png
3MB, 2604x1800px
Buffy Sainte-Marie - Illuminations (1969)
>psychedelic folk, singer/songwriter

Sainte-Marie has a great, trembling voice, but her songs do very little to impress. The ones with more avant-folk tendencies, like the opener and the closer, are great, because they're very delicate and tactful, which is when her voice is at its best. "Adam" is also a fine song, mainly because of the ultra-overdriven fuzz bass, but every other track that attempts something closer to folk rock is pretty lousy. These rock tracks make her voice pretty overbearing, and the instrumentals and arrangements just sound like they've been done a million times before, they're really underwhelming and frankly poor for a vocalist this good.

2.0+
>>
Hola homebois, grabbed this today and spinning it now, on the Ayler section.
>>70396441

>>70389100
Can I buy this in poster form to look at when I feel bad about my life
>>
>>70396533
>rates dull, monotonous, "le experimental" sound collage record over gorgeous singing psych folk lady

In all seriousness tho, sometimes you really confuse me with your taste.
I couldn't stand the Dreamies, and I'm one who deals with psych noodling on a regular basis. But that album just drones on and on with that one riff, and crams some pointless radio broadcasts in there every few minutes.
>>
>>70396844
>sometimes you really confuse me with your taste
i confuse myself with my taste honestly.

i get you though! the riff at the end of the second track definitely drags on for too long, but I really dug the album. i figured i'd kinda hate it, but something about it got me.
>>
File: jazz.jpg (2MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpg
2MB, 3220x3220px
>>70396798
wanna rec me some jazz for this Large Jazz Chart
>>
>>70397134
not him but Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Orchestra - ONJO
>>
>>70397163
added
>>
File: topsters2 (8).png (3MB, 3002x1880px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (8).png
3MB, 3002x1880px
>McCoy Tyner - Sama Layuca (1974)
>Post-bop, Avant-garde jazz
The first and third tracks were outstanding and had a cool vibe. The solos on La Cubaña were incredible. Paradox was pretty good too, but had its dull moments as well, and those dull moments really started to add up on the 16 minute-long track. "Above the Rainbow" worked well as a transition piece but is uninteresting on its own. "Desert Cry" was just flat-out uninteresting and repetitive to me. But still, the great moments on this record slightly outshine the weaker moments.
~6~

>Karate - Pockets (2004)
>Jazz-rock, post-rock
Ugh, this one was remarkably boring. Pretty much all the tracks sound exactly the same (save for "Tow Truck", which was decent) and the singer has the most uninspired delivery I've ever heard. Pockets pretty much combines everything I dislike about post-rock/indie rock/slowcore into one.
~3~
>>
>>70396533

delet this
>>
>>70397134
Looks great so far!
Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures & 3 Phasis
Freddie Hubbard - Straight Life
Art Blakey - Africaine & Moanin
Karl Berger - Transit
Paul Bley - Open To Love
Walt Dickerson - To My Queen
Andrew Hill - Black Fire & Andrew!!!
Anthony Braxton - Seven Compositions (trio)
Joe Harriott - Hum Dono
Coltrane - Live at Birdland
Sam RIvers - Contours
Charles Gayle - Repent
Arthur Doyle - Alabama Feeling
Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages
Sun Ra - Cosmic Tones & Days of Happiness
Lou Donaldson - Blues Walk
Julius Hemphill - Dogon AD
Grachan Moncur III - Evolution
George Russell Sextet- Ezz-Thetics

>>70397163
you actually are me
>>
Not sure if anyone remembers, but I finally started working on that rym chrome extension I promised to make ages ago.

Problem is I can only inject the script when the html is done loading on the page, so the score of the album is visible for about a second before "Hidden" takes its place.
Anyone have any creative solutions? I'm seeing if I can somehow make the page appear to be blank for a second before the page actually loads, but I feel that would be annoying.
>>
>>70397879
thank you, pigger
>>
File: Backlog Chart 7.png (2MB, 2296x2413px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog Chart 7.png
2MB, 2296x2413px
the saga continues
>>
Listened to the following for the first time today:
Demi Roussos - Forever And Ever
Pretty fucking solid pop record, production is far too shimmery for me normally but I've enjoyed it a lot, I actually think I prefer this to his previous album for being more openly pop. That title track is gorgeous, great radio pop track with Greek strings tearing shit up for a psych pop/folk effect.

Saule Zhanpeyisova - (idk something in Cyrillic)
First Kazakh folk music I've heard and it was okay but didn't strike me on first listen like that of some traditions. I'll definitely give it another listen.

Dionysis Savopoulus - To Perivoli Tou Trellou
It's a really nice piece of psych, 7/10 on first impression but I reckon it'll grow on further listens.

Dillinger - Bionic Dread
Standard dub/deejay affair, always enjoyable, nice swampy sounds

Dorothy Carter - Waillee Waillee
Positively surprised me, going to listen to this a lot. I love psychedelic folk and pastoral sounds, reminds me of Linda Perhacs a tad but more pastoral which is a good thing.

Maitre Gazonga - Les Jaloux Saboteurs
Pretty forgettable

Mor Thiam - Dini Safarrar
'Drums of fire' is definitely an apt description, some of the most intense afro-jazz I've heard, probably the most positive first impression any has made on me. Later found out this dude is Akon's dad which is quite something.

Recommendation for anybody, Djeli Moussa Diawara - Yasimika. One of my favourite records ever, entrancing Mande griot music.

>>70397134
Clifford Brown & Max Roach (S/T best place to start). I love Both Pete La Roca albums there, Pyramids and Karma is probably my favourite jazz record (though my jazz knowledge is shallow as fuck still)

Listening to Razor X Productions - Killing Sound now. Interesting stuff, been enjoying a lot of ragga stuff recently and this is definitely the most clustered and noisy release I've heard in that ballpark, real abrasive record.
>>
>>70398131
(ran out of space)
Pax Nicholas and the Nettey Family - Na Teef Know De Road of Teef
Pretty indistinct afrobeat, lacks the muscle of Fela Kuti and the tenderness of the Lijadu Sisters.

Basic Channel - BCD
I get why it's a hype record, definitely felt entranced and going to give it many more listens in future.
>>
>>70398131
>>70398176
y'ever listened to dorothy carter's first record? i haven't listened to Waillee Waillee, but I like her first a lot.
>>
>>70398079

Get hype for Lindsay, DNA, Index, and Pere Ubu.

Doopees is the definition of love it or hate it, and that Cowboy Bebop OST is more background filler tracks than the tracks that people actually like from the show.

>>70398131

Demi Roussos is a very underrated vocalist nowadays, I feel like his voice was wasted on a bunch of otherwise subpar pop albums.
>>
>>70398225
I haven't, no, just came upon that one. I'll download it now, definitely one of the best first impressions I've had in a while

>>70398251
Yeah, I really enjoyed his vocals, I think I might've even preferred that record to 666 though they're different enough that comparing them is hard and I'm not too into prog in general these days. All I've heard are the first two records but the vocals and unusually well integrated Greek strings really elevated it from being just another early 70s pop album.
>>
File: jazz.jpg (3MB, 4388x3220px) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpg
3MB, 4388x3220px
boy this is exciting
what first?
>>
>>70398460
do cosmic tones twice first
>>
>>70398460

Fontaine
>>
>>70398530
fuck
>>
File: brians.jpg (175KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
brians.jpg
175KB, 1050x700px
My record store is now a meme

https://noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/brian-lipsin-is-kingston-ontarios-anarchist-record-shop-owner

Pretty cool though, Brian told me they came in and interviewed him a few days ago and he's getting calls from people across Canada and the states who read the article.
>>
>>70398638

>Vice readers are now going to flood your store

I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>70398079
lots of avant-teen favs.

Very interested to hear thoughts on Another Green World, as it seems like an album everyone but me loves.

>>70398460
funfun on a bun

>>70398638
>“I didn’t realize how good it was until one of the CDs came in used and I put it on.” - Lipsin on Neutral Milk Hotel
I will not continue to read this article.
>>
>>70394762
solid chart. out of all the ones I've heard I don't think a single one is bad, except for maybe european echoes and karma (not bad, just overrated)

alone in san francisco, john handy, intermodulation, anything don cherry, turkish women at the bath are some of the best on there.

>>70394924
come to brazil?

>>70394834
Epiglottis - The Raven

>>70394866
it's leaked? hmm, gotta look for it. im scared it's going to be another boring autopilot xiu xiu album like dear god, always, and angel guts. from the two songs officially out, it sure seems like it.

>>70397134
ooh youre taking suggestions! I'd spice it up with some strange ECM stuff but it seems like you're sticking to the more traditional types of jazz.

Miles Davis - Cookin With tthe Miles Davis Quintet
Alan Lee Jazz Quartet... and Friends - Gallery Concerts 1971
Carla Bley / Andy Sheppard / Steve Swallow - Andando el tiempo
Ahmed Abdul-Malik - East Meets West
Gato - The Third World
Marion Brown - Why Not
Jan Garbarek - Bobo Stenson Quartet - Witchi-Tai-To

>>70397879
>Straight Life

>>70398079
DNA is good but too long and wanky for what it is
Cowboy Bebop is suprisingly good
baddest memes, yip, dkc sountrack, and meme are good as well

>>70398460
...fuck. make a second chart
>>
>>70398638
what about him is anarchist?
>>
>>70398827
ill add your suggestions to my backlog so when i make another jazz chart they will be the first added
>>
>>70398638
>Reefer Madness poster on the record store front
lol where did he get something like that

>>70398899
seconding this, i wanna know

>>70398908
phew my typing won't go to waste
well actually it will go to waste on someone who has bad taste
>>
>>70398079
Great chart, looking forward to your thoughts on Ezz-thetics, The Mantle and Dub Housing.

>>70398460
Oh shit, nice! Check out Sun Ship and Live at Birdland ASAP. Missed out on recs but theres plenty of amazing albums on here
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkxu_U4F9-U
>>
>>70398827
hi yamir i thought you wanted to leave daily what happened
>>
>>70398986
>lol where did he get something like that
Dude has the craziest shit lying around the store dude.

>>70398700
>I will not continue to read this article.
It wouldn't be a complete meme without ol' NMH ;)

>>70398827
>>Straight Life

>>70398899
>what about him is anarchist?
Not my words, but I think they're talking about the state of array the store is in. It's probably the most claustrophobic store I've ever been in. The sections become unsearchable at a point due to stacking and piling up, the ground is filled with more records so there's barely enough room to walk, it's always a massive ordeal to pass someone or wait til they finish paying to leave, etc.
Just today when I was there Brian knocked over like 50cds and while he was picking them up knocked over another stack kek.
It's still a sick store and he's a dope dude though.
>>
Anon who was talking about cd's and vinyl last night here. I went to a record store and talked to a guy about record players and he said some of the 1970's and 1980's wont fuck up my records and that some of the yamaha refurbished speakers should do fine. Is this true? Pls help i dont know if hes batshit crazy or not
>>
>>70399236
70s and 80s record players? Yeah, most of those are a lot better made than cheap to midrange new turntables. You have to know how to test them though, since they are old machines, unless the store professionally services them.
Don't know much about speakers but that's the easiest thing to upgrade later on. Honestly hit local classified ads for that shit, I got all my speakers from garage sales and I have a pair worth ~$500 that I got for $15.
>>
File: yikes.png (378KB, 680x643px) Image search: [Google]
yikes.png
378KB, 680x643px
>>70398827
>Raggin on my boy Freddie Hubbard
>>
>>70394924
the facial hair looks good!

>>70398638
the guy seems cool as hell
>>
>>70399414
Alright so yes on the record player.thanks man!
>>
>>70399437
>the guy seems cool as hell
Yeah man he is, I always shoot the shit for half an hour or so with him whenever I go.
He plays every CD that comes in the store at least once, and whenever someone orders a new record he orders a copy for the store. Literally the OG /daily/er.
I wish the picture was him in his cat sweater, that thing is 10/10 dope as fuck. His wife knits all his sweaters.
>>
File: Mell.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mell.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>There are people that love this album

Holy shit, this is so frustrating. It's like every three songs is great and the rest is straight filler.

Why do people feel the need to crank out double albums like this? They're rarely consistent enough to justify their length. Ugh.
>>
>>70399585

Lucky. The record store guy near me is a young hipster with a trust fund who only listens to indie folk.
>>
>>70399619
That record's never clicked for me either desu
>>
>>70399619
Agreed. It's two hours long and has maybe 6 good songs. Definitely not worth it.
>>
>>70399585
>>70399665
Yeah, that's nice. I was gonna say record store guys often seem pretty judgmental, can't bring myself to talk to them. Good on you though
>>
>>70399585

Reminds me of John Peel. You should ask him to start a radio show or something.
>>
File: cover.png (797KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
797KB, 800x800px
>tfw I didn't know music could be this good

>Kazumi Tomokawa - Gleaming Crayon
>2016 AOTY
>Screamo folk?

So, Japan had this huge outburst of creative energy in the 70s and a few very notable musicians came out of it. Kan Mikami, Morita Doji, the list goes on. Kazumi Tomokawa is one from this era that I never really got into.

So 2016 rolls to an end and I have this backlog of albums I want to check out before I decide on my AOTY. Most of it is forgettable, then I throw this on. The voice! The songwriting! The intensity! This stuff is bold, energetic and furious. Voices crack and quiver, strings and horns screech, and it doesn't seem like anybody gives a fuck about keeping time but holy sweet Sam Hill it's all so great.

This isn't just AOTY material. This is GOAT. Been a long time since I gave one of these out, but every so often the stars align and an album lands in your lap that is just pure magic.

Five stars. 10/10.
>>
>>70394606
what's this?
>>
>>70399785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgMDdSZO5JU

Oh I guess here's a sample also if you're interested.
>>
>>70394606

that's a weird looking deer on the couch
>>
>>70399673
>>70399700
Yeah, it's alright but I don't really get the praise. The two hour length is way too much for an album so average.
>>
>>70399619
Agreed. The 90's were plagued with shitty filler songs and hidden tracks to max out CD capacity.

>>70399665
That sucks. There's actually another shittier record store right near Brian's owned by a little weird weasel dude who always stares at you like you're about to steal, and an older guy that works sundays who always drinks beer on the job '''sneakily''' and listens exclusively to hard rock. That place is balls.
It's nice to have a good spot for music.
>>
>>70399585
if i ever end up in ontario i'm fuckin going

>>70399665
>>70399727
my favorite used record store near me has a cat, so i can't complain too much.
>>
File: topsters2 (8).png (2MB, 3002x1880px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (8).png
2MB, 3002x1880px
>The Work - Rubber Cage (1989)
>Post-punk, Avant-prog
Yes!!! This is amazing. An exciting blend of This Heat and Devo, this album stays interesting for its entirety. Not perfect, but even the weaker songs seem to fit in to the context of the whole, much like Deceit. Definitely a hidden gem.
~8~
>>
>>70399885
Seriously my biggest pet peeve in music. It happens way too often though. Hip-hop especially has a problem with this. Every No Limit album I've heard has been like 20 minutes too long, even with their most talented MCs. It's the worst
>>
>>70399585
>>70399892

My Dad was a record store guy once, and I think he helped run a label for the CT punk movement that nobody remembers. I vaguely remember the store having a stray cat that moved in and never left and that there was a back room for bootlegs.

Unfortunately, the place failed to survive past the turn of the century. He did take a ton of CDs home with him, but I have no idea if any are good. I think he has a bunch of random punk demos and a huge cabinet full of magazines.

/blog
>>
>>70399758
I bet he'd do a damn fine job at that, but he always tells me that his store is his passion.
He used to do 'record picks of the week' which was more like story time with a music theme lol.
https://youtu.be/dKOujxr6ukY

>>70399892
/daily/ road trip to Brian's when
He still has that copy of Fahey's America waiting for you.
>>
>>70399785
You have my attention, torts! I'm gonna try that out some time.
Anything similar you'd compare it to?
>>
>>70396448
didn't know this had leaked. I don't really like Ty's folky stuff either so I'm a bit disappointed to hear it makes up half the album.
>>
>>70400721
>Anything similar you'd compare it to?
Simon Finn's "Jerusalem", Daikanjyo,
>>
>>70400749
Groovy. I was gonna try it regardless because I always like to see what's up when someone posts a 10 (how I got into Jessica Pratt, which became a 10 for me, too), but now I'm even more interested
>>
Bookmark Chart.png
3MB, 2604x1800px
Genesis - Selling England by the Pound (1973)
>progressive rock

"Dancing With the Moonlit Knight" and "Firth of Fifth" are two of the best prog tracks I've ever heard, and the only two tracks here I was already familiar with. They understand dynamics perfectly, the instrumental performances are spectacular (I never knew Phil Collins was that good of a drummer), and they never devolve into wanky territory, there's always a pop edge that grounds the music. The rest is solid, but not nearly as good. It's sometimes too hammy for its own good, and the shorter tracks aren't memorable at all. I definitely do like it, though, and I'm gonna be diving more into Genesis soon. Also, this is a whole lot cuter that I'd expected.

3.0-

Blitz the Ambassador - Native Sun (2011)
>afrobeat, hip hop

Interesting idea, afro-centric hip hop with production indebted almost entirely to afrobeat. The production is cool, even if the afrobeat is lame. Afrobeat is one of those genres that's just so thoroughly dominated by a single artist (Fela, obviously) that any modern take on it just sounds like a pale imitation, and that's no exception here. Pretty damn groovy here and there, but altogether a bit iffy. The rapping is really fucking good though, Blitz' flow is incredible, he's got a nice voice, and his lyrics are great when he's not doing more braggadocio stuff. Blitz over some more inspired afrobeat would be great, but I can't get too into this album.

2.5+

>>70400296
fuck, that's cool as hell! you should check out some of the cds.
>>
>>70400819
After listening to it, I've been checking out his entire discog. This guy is some hot stuff, haven't heard anything from him yet that is anything other than spectacular.
>>
>>70400689
>He still has that copy of Fahey's America waiting for you.
oh man i'll be right there

>>70400749
>Simon Finn's "Jerusalem"
alright you've got my interest
>>
File: Angels_of_Light_How_I_Loved_You.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Angels_of_Light_How_I_Loved_You.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
This is pretty good
>>
Hey, does someone know about Butter Bullets ? Pretty cool rap from France, except if you can't understand the goofy devilish lyrics I guess. But anyway, they made this song some years ago : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Khtp7MMto where they used a very famous electronic melody as a sample. I heard it here and there but can't find its name. Can someone give it a kind ear and let me find this classic please ?
>>
File: MODULAR 01.png (342KB, 492x489px) Image search: [Google]
MODULAR 01.png
342KB, 492x489px
Can't remember, but don't think I'd posted this review yet. If I have, sue me:

FKY - MODULAR 01
>Techno, Hardcore, Freetekno

A relentless little EP, four super fast-paced and really hard-hitting tracks. It's pretty wack, actually, and constantly feels off-kilter, kind of like somebody perpetually leaning into a fall. I'm not about to try to count the BPM, but it's wicked fast. Not exactly sure how people

And FKY really throws a little bit of everything out there, really adding to the wonky sound of the album (not referring to the subgenre btw, this EP is distinctly hardcore techno [although RYM would have me believe this is something called ""freetekno""]).

7/10

>>70399236
Yeah you'd really need to check out the needle, which can be switched out. I'd reckon most of those turntables, above a certain price point, have adjustable tonearms and counterweights.

I bet a 30yo needle would need replacing, but nothing else about the player, if balanced properly, should do any damage. And I just use bookshelf speakers for my player, but I also have a receiver (which, fyi, has the receiver and amp inside it [and a tuner, technically]) so my speakers don't need to be powered. I would invest in some kind of receiver personally, as it takes care of looking for an amp or powered speakers, but really your call.

I'd take any more specific issues into a vinyl thread tho.

>>70401010
Yeah, it is pretty good.
>>
>>70401010
prob my favorite swans-related project save for soundtracks

>>70401068
it's Veridis Quo by Daft Punk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgcY6qlzdf8
>>
File: Ujubasajuba.jpg (248KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ujubasajuba.jpg
248KB, 700x700px
And I knew I'd get something good out of those 2010s charts I was asking for yesterday. Pic related is excellent fun so far.

It's been sitting in my library for nearly two years now, and only now am I getting around to it.

>>70401302
sniped
>>
>>70401340
man i've been wanting to listen to that album ever since it was front paged on RYM but my music library splits Kairon; IRSE! into two different fucking artists

i just can't deal with that
>>
>>70401302
Thank you
>>
>>70401284
Vinyl guy here. Needle and everything is new. So i shouldnt be worried about it fucking up my records?
>>
>>70401444
np! its a great tune.
>>
>>70401462
yeah nah, just balance the tonearm best you can. Here's a quick guide, just googled it:

http://thevinylfactory.com/features/how-to-balance-your-tonearm-a-step-by-step-guide/

if your tonearm setup isn't that advanced don't sweat it tho. What records do you have btw?
>>
>>70401514
Sumac -what one becomes
Swans - my father will guide me up a rope to the sky

Thanks for the guide. Gonna get the stuff this friday and i think one more record.
>>
>>70401643
Yeah go for it, and come back another time.
>>
>>70401462
The 'fucking up records' meme is in reference to cheap turntables with no counterweight and ceramic cartridges which put way too much force on the record. Anything with a counterweight can be set to the correct tracking force depending on the magnetic cartridge (just google cartridge ___ tracking weight or find a manual pdf).
I'd recommend doing more research into mechanics and anatomy before jumping the gun to make sure it's the one you really want, but it won't be an expensive mistake or anything.
Do you know the make/model of it?
>>
File: K. - Single.jpg (51KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
K. - Single.jpg
51KB, 700x700px
Cigarettes After Sex - K.
>Slowcore, Dream Pop

K.

(No really, I think Cigarettes After Sex is getting a bit lazy. Like I’m all for quality over quantity, but they’ve released about 7 tracks total, over 3 releases, since they rebooted themselves in 2012, and two of those tracks were cover songs. Putting out a single song in both 2015 and 2016 is no way to promote your band, guys. I mean, “K.” is certainly a good song, but man, blue ball much? Just give us an album, or even a 4-track EP. Another stairwell recording, anything? They’re touring too, so like, what do they play during their live show? With what do they fill the time? This thing doesn’t even have a B-side. What the heck.)

>6-/10

I know I've done the entire review in parenthesis gimmick already but who gives a shit. Sue me. Nobody reads it anyway unless I do something weird. I should start caps locking random words and sentences, but I'm not that desperate for attention.
>>
File: jazz.jpg (3MB, 4000x2935px) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpg
3MB, 4000x2935px
>albert ayler trio - spiritual unity
this sounded exactly how i expected it to sound. it appears that Ayler has what's known as "complete mastery" over his instrument in a more than technical way. it's dizzying at times, and almost too sparse. maybe free jazz doesn't do it as much for me, but this was still great in its own right.
>ornette coleman - the shape of jazz to come
as great as people make it out to be. the interplay between the sax and the trumpet is only slightly less impressive than the respective solos of the instruments. the rhythm section probably bumped this up to a 4.0 for me, consistently tight and unifying, giving structure to the wonky nature of the wind players' noodling.

probably a monk one next
>>
File: chart3.png (748KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chart3.png
748KB, 1000x1000px
I'm tired. No reviews atm.

That record Torts was fawning over might be better than the 2016 Xiu Xiu record, so this might be in my top 5 for the year. Thanks.
>>
>>70402305
>That record Torts was fawning over
What record is that? Also, Sones of Mexico is great, ain't it? Short and sweet
>>
>>70399785
damn, listening to this out now and it is real good.
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/i_giganti_del_jazz_6/

I'm not sure how easy it is to find a download of this, but the John Handy side in particular is hella fucking good. Close to Live at Monterey but groovier, slower and more bluesy overall, though it certainly gets crazy and free at times.
The guitar and violin work is stellar and along the same lines. I can see why his live performances were so influential to avantgarde musicians like Beefheart and Zappa.
The Ayler Ghosts version is pretty awkward, like a confused marching band paired up with a reserved Ayler trying to play nice with the other kids.
The Cherry/Barbieri stuff is free and loose but much more reserved than I was hoping for prime Cherry, fresh off of The Shape of Jazz to Come.

Great album overall, though the B-side will certainly get more play time in the future.

side 1 --> 6.5 /10
side 2 --> 8.5 /10
……………………Total: 7.5/10
>>
File: wertdfg.jpg (339KB, 1568x995px) Image search: [Google]
wertdfg.jpg
339KB, 1568x995px
>Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night
I had no idea what this was beforehand so the Twin Peaks link was a nice surprise when Falling started. Cruise's voice is lovely, Badalamenti's synthscapes are dreamy in a way most dream pop fails, Lynch's songwriting is pretty good too, and I'm sure he's behind the fantastic wonky 50s influence. The Swan being the only really disappointing song for me, I love this, I've listened to it several times already. 4/5

>Long Fin Killie - Valentino
I had written out how had no idea why I didn't love this but while doing so realised it's definitely a mix of the kinda bad vocals and funk rhythms that don't actually feel very funky for a lot of the album. 2.5/5

>Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - In Summer
God fucking damn it I'm annoyed with this album. Love's Refrain is fucking incredible, idk if listening to it for the first time looking out of a bus window as snow fell heavily on the road helped but that song is beautifully dreamy. Then Blue Nudes is just alright and the rest of the album isn't even worth talking about, inoffensive noisy ambient. But holy fuck that first song is great, I don't know what to rate this. I'm gonna leave it until I've listened to Metronomy and The Gloaming.

>Eva Luna - Moonshake
Well this wasn't what I expected from the album art, I expected some kinda twee alt-rock or something but this is pretty abrasive. Groovy and it has a slight Beefhearty, off kilter feeling that I love. If it was a bit more weird I'd like it more but still good shit 3.5+/5
>>
>>70402305
Nothing brings out creative writing like sleep deprivation, where's your college spirit?
>>
>>70402482
Yeah those Long Fin Killie EPs are nowhere near as good as the album, and the album isn't even that good
>>70399785
oh THAT record that torts was fawning over

I should give it a listen, a 10/10 is a strong rec
>>
>>70402591
EPs? Valentino is an LP isn't it? Unless it's some kind of compilation/or I'm dense. I've not listened to anything else from them though, is Houdini much better?
>>
>>70402695
Oh so it is, could've sworn it was an EP...
>>
>>70399785
Seeing this, how many 10/10s do you guys have from the 2010s? I don't think I even have any past the 80s.

lewronggenerationamirite??
>>
>>70402804
i have 2, both released by bands from the same city
>>
>>70399785
>>70400135
Hot damn I'm checking these out

>>70401340
I similarly slept on it too. I didn't trust the post-rock tag, lol.

>>70402853
Calgary must produce angular guitars or something
>>
>>70402804
>how many 10/10s do you guys have from the 2010s?
This was my first one.
>>
>>70402853
What are they? I can't tell if I just don't listen to enough more recent music or if I am some kind of wrong generation twat and I didn't know it.

I do have a decent amount of 9s but I find it weird how I don't have any 10s, I didn't realise until now
>>
wait
WHAT
I may have been bamboozled again by identical recordings
fuck

I think the B-side on this >>70402463
is exactly the same as the Handy Live at Monterey album.
I will investigate further........
>>
>>70402933
that coupled with the fact that angular guitars are the single most attractive feature in music to me left me no chance
>>70402958
women's public strain and telstar drugs's s/t
they're both from the same niche scene that caters directly to my tastes tho
>>
THEY ARE THE SAME
BUT THEY SAY RECORDED IN '60 AND '65 RESPECTIVELY
WHAT IS REAL
>>
>>70403062
pig...............smeckledorfed again
>>
File: brother may i have some oats.jpg (58KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
brother may i have some oats.jpg
58KB, 800x615px
>>70402804
I actually don't have any either. Tons of 7s, 8s, and 9s though. I feel like average quality of music keeps increasing, but we're missing out on the real groundbreaking, mind-altering stuff these days

I'm also pretty certain that we (of Western culture) are on the tail end of the single biggest culture explosions since the Renaissance, and we shouldn't be keep expecting from the 21st century what we grew to expect from the 20th

>>70402969
I'm on the edge of my seat
>>
File: 1480983754669.jpg (29KB, 571x547px) Image search: [Google]
1480983754669.jpg
29KB, 571x547px
>>70402490
You convinced me.

Y Pants was painfully forgettable. It should be a sin to create No Wave pop music that's this devoid of creativity and energy.

Sones Of Mexico just solidifies the fact that people living in the south of the US are among some of the best musicians in the world. The poor recording quality actually adds to it's charm.

Talking Dust Bowl is mostly standard country folk. It sounds like a back-country Phil Ochs when it's at it's best. (Yeah, yeah, I know Guthrie came first)

Gleaming Crayon is no Daikanjyo or Simon Finn, but it's still pretty good. It lacks serious songwriting chops, but the arrangements are nice. This album is built in a way that garners an odd feeling of numbness/being overwhelmed. I don't experience that much in music.

The Seventh Seal is a film that I just can't put a finger on. It's somehow an apocalyptic thriller while simultaneously a slice of life drama, all packaged as a subtext-heavy work of biblical symbolism. I wasn't super into it when I was watching it, but i'm surprised at how much I find myself contemplating it afterwards. Also, Max von Sydow does an excellent job here. Block is probably one of my favorite main characters in film.

(god that was awful)

>>70402368
Yeah it's good. Folkways is rightways.
>>70399785
>>
>>70402804
Ichiko Aoba - 0%
>>
>>70402482

Glad you liked it. I was also unaware of the Twin Peaks connection when I first heard it, so I was pretty surprised myself.

Check out:

Pere Ubu - Terminal Tower: An Archival Collection

If archival aren't okay, check out this:

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/%D1%81%D1%85%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B9%D1%81%D1%8F/
>>
File: Bobdobbs.png (37KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
Bobdobbs.png
37KB, 216x324px
>>70403141
well, you gave it the ol' college try, champ
>>
>>70402986
I need to give Women another go, I like Viet Cong a lot. I think I might have listened to some Telstar Drugs on bandcamp ages ago but I'll check it out soon too.

>>70403062
you are seeing through the seams of the reality the new world order has built around you. you cannot trust jazz releases wake up pigg
>>
File: a3471928093_10.jpg (41KB, 715x704px) Image search: [Google]
a3471928093_10.jpg
41KB, 715x704px
>>70402804
Only one.
>>
>>70402804
I have one, The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond this World. All of my other 10s are from the 90s.
>>
>>70403240
honestly I'm not sure if i should call this a 10/10 for me or not
it used to be 100%, but i don't get the same feeling any more, so i've dropped it a tier
>>
>>70403268
Oh also Songs: Ohia - Ghost Tropic which is 2000 which is basically still the 90s.
>>
File: top 2010s albums.jpg (477KB, 1688x1538px) Image search: [Google]
top 2010s albums.jpg
477KB, 1688x1538px
>>70403240
I uploaded the lyrics to all the songs on that album to Genius a while ago, and Genius will notify you whenever someone annotates a song you uploaded, so it's been a lot of fun to see Will's popularity explode in the form of weekly Genius annotation notification emails
>>70403268
It's so close. Pic related. Entire top row and some of second row are ±9s
>>
>>70403096
I agree with everything there but I still thought I'd have at least one in the last 30 years. I guess Bloc Party's Silent Alarm could maybe be considered a 10 for me but I barely listen to it any more. Daydream Nation is my latest.

>>70403154
>>70403268
will check these out

>>70403168
archival is good, i've added that other record to my backlog as well, looks interesting.
>>
File: EP chart.png (925KB, 963x807px) Image search: [Google]
EP chart.png
925KB, 963x807px
>Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff
Pretty standard grunge/garage stuff here with a little bit of psych thrown in. It's alright. Not sure what else to say about it. I kinda liked it at first, but re-listening to it makes me wonder what I was thinking.

The vocals are the worst aspect, for sure. The macho whine yell just doesn't do it for me at all.

>Isis - Mosquito Control
This is solid noisy sludge metal. The vocals, usually my least favorite part of these types of records, are very palatable.
It's a shame they cleaned up their sound and became boring and melodic, there's a lot of unrealized potential here.

>>70403406
Honestly every time I listen to Uneven Compromise I consider bumping it up to a 10.
>>
THE ARTIST LISTING IS WRONG TOO, I'VE BEEN HAD
I WANT MY MONEY BACK BRIAN
>>
File: topsters2 (8).png (2MB, 3002x1880px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (8).png
2MB, 3002x1880px
(listened to Fever Ray again and raised it to a 6, it grew on me quite a bit)

>Mindless Self Indulgence (2000)
>Industrial Rock
Before I put this on, I was expecting to hate it, but when it started, I was like "wow this might not be half bad" as I was finding myself tapping my foot / nodding my head along to the first few tracks. But dear lord; these guys, based on hearing this album alone, are the definition of a one-trick pony. And that one trick isn't that great either. I felt like I was listening to the same song over and over for 56 minutes. And I usually don't factor in the lyrics to my rating, but the lyrics on here were so atrocious, it negatively impacted my listening experience so for that, I will make an exception. It's fun, catchy industrial/rap rock for 10 minutes or so... after that it's a test of patience.
~3~

>>70402933
let me know what you think of Rubber Cage
>>
>>70403579
whoops, forgot album title
>Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy
>>
>>70403406
I can't really explain why i like it so much. It flows in such an elegant and organic way that when i listen to it i become totally immersed.
>>
File: 1476496564071.png (311KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1476496564071.png
311KB, 720x404px
>>70403545
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>70403528
Same
>>70403455
Daydream Nation is overrated. fight me

I also just checked my rym, only ten I have from the 70s is Solo Violin Improvisations, I have no tens in the 80s, and an increasing number of 9s and 10s every decade after are archival recordings.

>>70403579
>it grew on me quite a bit
>raised it to a 6
Man, even though you gave Birchville Cat Motel the 9, tough customer huh
>>
>>70403703
>Man, even though you gave Birchville Cat Motel the 9, tough customer huh
Well it was a 4 originally, so bumping it up to a 6 is a pretty big increase.
>>
>>70403579
why are you listening to the disintegration loops on purpose?
>>
>>70403846
Funny you mention that, I actually just started listening to it.
I'm about 3 minutes in. Please don't tell me it's this same loop for 60 minutes.
>>
>>70403884
woo boy get ready for a doozy
>>
>>70403884

:^)

Also, the disintegration isn't real.
>>
File: 1480050717428.jpg (39KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480050717428.jpg
39KB, 225x225px
>>70403884
>>
>>70403884
>Disintegration Loops
>Loops
>s
prepare for disappointment.
>>
>>70403895
>>70403906
>>70403929
>>70403939
It's a beautiful concept, but I don't know if I'm gonna be able to sit through this whole thing
>>
>>70403884
if u listen to the whole thing 10 times you can hear the secret message trust me my dad works for sony
>>
>>70403703
>Daydream Nation is overrated. fight me
suk ur mum cunt

But really I think it's great anyway but like a lot of my 10s it's there because of the emotional attachment as much as the music, it was a bit of a revelation for me. When I pulled it out of my dad's record collection I'd never really heard anything like it, the weird wall of guitar noise blew my mind.

Do you prefer other SY records or just not like them as a band?
>>
>>70403982

The story about it being related to 9/11 is fictional, too
>>
>>70403982
it's pretty much the least beautiful thing ever
>>
>>70404001
I like Bad Moon Rising, and Diamond Sea is pretty great too

I wish I could be more argumentative about it, but I like Daydream Nation plenty, it's just not like the best album of the 80s to me like it is to so many critics
>>
File: jazz.jpg (3MB, 4000x2935px) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpg
3MB, 4000x2935px
>thelonious monk - alone in san francisco
this record has convinced me that I'm a total fucking sucker for jazz piano. i cannot help but feel so warm and nice inside whenever i hear those ivories. as for the album itself, it's clear that monk has skill on the instrument, but the melodies he plays are nostalgic and wistful and romantic and beautiful. apparently some of these songs are covers but i can honestly say i don't care. this record imparts so much warmth and essence that i can't help but love it.

that's about all from me today. good night /daily/
>>70403982
Basinski is a fucking hack who used terrorism to profit off of his barely mediocre art piece
>>
>>70404062
also, I'm pretty sure this jazz chart will fucking destroy my curve
>>
File: Capture.png (64KB, 1265x202px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
64KB, 1265x202px
This is total bullshit
>>
>>70403884
I listened to all 4 disintegration loops in one sitting with headphones, don't bitch out my man.
You brought this upon yourself.
>>
>>70404059
that's fair enough. I'd forgotten about Diamond Sea, what a song.
>>
Give me 5 (five) movies to watch after I'm done with David Lynch's stuff
>>
>>70404488
Death Race 2000
>>
>>70404488
Harakiri
>>
>>70403884
halfway there...
>>
>>70404488
Bronson
>>
File: 1443570000325.png (2MB, 890x913px) Image search: [Google]
1443570000325.png
2MB, 890x913px
Where is everyone getting the information that William Basinski is "lying" The Disintegration Loops?

Not defending the albums, in fact, I quite dislike them, but is there any source for that other than pure speculation?
>>
File: pigger_pillow.png (378KB, 504x448px) Image search: [Google]
pigger_pillow.png
378KB, 504x448px
sleepy time

>>70404779
because 9/11 was a hoax
>>
>>70398079
>Dopee
>DK Jams
>Big Pun

Genius
>>
>>70404488
It's Such a Beautiful Day
>>
Bookmark Chart.png
3MB, 2604x1800px
Horace Andy - Dance Hall Style (1982)
>roots reggae, dub

Smooth as hell dubs with a smooth as hell singer. This exact album has probably been done a thousand times before, the conscious lyrics not breaking any new ground and the dubs retreading similar ground done by a thousand other artists, but Andy knows what he does well and he knocks it out of the fucking park. Such a chill, enjoyable album, with some sweet ethereal production techniques. Andy's high-pitched voice is sometimes criticized, but I love it. Very good album.

3.0+

The Lollipop Shoppe - Just Colour (1968)
>garage rock

Occasionally dull and definitely repetitive, with some pretty awful vocals to boot, but the songs are catchy and the guitars are incredible. It does Dead Moon 20 or so years before Dead Moon were a thing, that kind of creepy, lo-fi, dirty garage rock. Enjoyable and raucous but not worth more than a few listens.

2.5+

John Wiese - Soft Punk (2007)
>noise

Some of Wiese's collages are enjoyable, but his over-reliance on a disorienting channel-flipping feel makes this album get old real fast. The harshness seems to come out of overly distorted and compressed sounds, making it more irritating and less powerful, and sometimes he taps into something really cool during his collages but as soon as they make their impression, they're gone forever. Alright noise, but there are so many other better albums like this.

2.0+
>>
File: 1424287283575.jpg (68KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1424287283575.jpg
68KB, 500x375px
Did a little archive research and I had no idea about this due to me never really leaving /daily/. Some or most of you probably know about this so sorry for repeating something you most likely know, but I'm just regurgitating the info I found due to me knowing nothing and assuming some of you are probably out of the loop with me:

This dude Chriss Ott, who is a former p4k writer, uploaded this video talking about the initial Disintegration Loops review on p4k. According to him, no one really cared about William Basinski or that album before they wrote that initial review and ran with the 9/11-related story. But, I talk too much, just watch the video for yourself. The actual video starts at 8:39. Feel free to watch the whole thing, but he spends the first half of the video pretty much just bragging about himself:

https://youtu.be/KGE7q0oDlEI?t=8m39s

Whether p4k or WB "made up the lie" about it having ties to 9/11 I'm not sure, but I think the implication is the latter. Either way, for the dude to run with that story imo is just fucking gross. He's basically the musical equivalent of the guys who made Kony 2012 lmao.

No matter what your opinion on the album is, it's crazy to think how much influence this site once (and still does, to an extent) have on music acclamation. Have you guys heard about that time stores refused to stock The Dismemberment Plan's front man Travis Morrison's first solo album "Travistan" because it received a whopping 0.0 from Pitchfork? Granted, it's a shit album, but to see a website that pretty much sky-rocketed the dude's career pretty much end it right there is pretty sad. They later went on to apparently "apologize" for the article after the damage was done. Not that they probably did that with the intention to ruin the dude, but it's crazy to think they have such a power for certain artists.

/long shitpost
>>
File: 1484354848236.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1484354848236.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>70405448
I know you posted the wrong picture but that just makes it really funny

and yeah fuck p4k what else is new
>>
>>70404488
Persona
>>
>>70405448
holy fuck what?? I always assumed people were just taking the piss when talking about Basinski being a hack, but he's the literal definition of one? This is great because the Disintegration Loops are terrible.

I'm not a big D Plan fan, but I feel like you're setting yourself up for failure building your fanbase around people who read a terrible music website. Still unfortunate for the dude though.
>>
File: mu.png (2MB, 1260x3642px) Image search: [Google]
mu.png
2MB, 1260x3642px
>>70405542
>I know you posted the wrong picture
I totally didn't though. I just couldn't find an appropriate pic. Here's the backstory to it.

>>70405572
I guess you're right about TM, but I still feel bad for the guy because I really connected with parts of E&I and I was obsessed with it Freshman year of HS.
>>
>>70405617
Oh I thought you were trying to post a pic of Chris and I was confused and then amused

Also, the most egregious error p4k has ever made is removing their review of The Mollusk
>http://web.archive.org/web/20030421012901/pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/w/ween/mollusk.shtml
Shit used to be a 9.7, GodWeenSatan used to be a 9.6, wth
>>
>>70405685
could have to do with how Ween's brand of humor is slightly offensive, and they want to distance themselves from it.

Or it could be just because it's a really mediocre review. "My friend says Ween is like the Beatles!" like really?
>>
File: smug.png (134KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
134KB, 500x281px
>>70405685
>To be honest, if I could change my opinion, I would, but that's not something we do here at Pitchfork International.
>>
File: topsters2 (8).png (3MB, 3002x1880px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (8).png
3MB, 3002x1880px
>William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops (2002)
>Tape music, ambient, minimalism
I agree with most of /daily/ on this. Good concept, but the music itself is too repetitive and not really enjoyable at all. I have no reason to return to this, ever. It maybe would have been tolerable at half the length. Not much else to say, really. The music didn't really say much, so why should I?
~2~

>>70405448
this gives me more reason to hate p4k
>>
>>70405448
that dismemberment plan story really sucks.

>>70405855
>The music didn't really say much, so why should I?
siccest burn on /daily/ in a while
>>
Besides the Disintegration Loops, what are some other essential anti-/daily/ core? aka, albums near-universally panned by /daily/ users?
>>
>>70405906
Painting With is the only one I can remember
>>
>>70405906
it seems like a lot of us really hate prog rock
>>
>>70405906
I wish you could see your friends' bottom albums list on RYM like you can with top albums
>>
>>70405685
what is the fucking deal with people comparing Ween to Floyd? As a huge fan of the former and a former huge fan of the latter, I've never gotten the connection.

I would say Ween has a lot more in common with Zappa, Hendrix, or Butthole Surfers, and pretty much nothing with Floyd.

>>70405906
Pink Season, Weezer, and Green Day's trilogy albums

>>70406003
you totally can though it's easy
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=bottom&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&countries=&limit=friends
>>
>>70405906

Tommy
Squeeze
American Idiot
The Marshall Mathers LP
Mr. Bungle
I'm Not A Fan, But the Kids Like It!
Crazy Frog
#Willpower
Hello Kitty Suicide Club
Breathless
Salute NASCAR
Any Bull of Heaven album
>>
>>70406037
me btw

>>70406092
Not that many people hate Tommy but I relistened to it recently and I can't believe I used to love it. It's a boring double album in the same fashion as Mellon Collie.

American Idiot is probably the last "defended" GD album. I think the trilogy fits much better. I also think Jesus of Suburbia is a pretty great pop song.

The rest fit, but I don't think Marshall Mathers is hated that much by /daily/ specifically.
>>
File: Daily 2.jpg (264KB, 1581x833px) Image search: [Google]
Daily 2.jpg
264KB, 1581x833px
I'm almost done with my chart, so help me get this one ready. I want mostly essentials, and only one per artist, but I'll make exceptions accordingly.
These are genres (minus Coltrane) that I have barely listened to or have not listened to at all. I will definitely want your input on American primitivism, cole >>70405896
>>
File: EP chart.png (920KB, 963x807px) Image search: [Google]
EP chart.png
920KB, 963x807px
>Twa Toots - The Peel Sessions
Part of me wants to love this because it's really, really well-constructed and tightly played pop. How is this shit live???
However, the vocals are a huge turn-off. Way too high pitched, and they even sound sped up, which again isn't possible because it's a live album. What a shame.

>Black Tambourine - Throw Aggi Off The Bridge
Awwwww yes, this is right up my alley. Noisy, reverb-soaked and energetic pop. Also, the lyrics are awesome.
Someone coming between you and the object of your affection? Throw them off a fucking bridge!
Why is this twee again? Doesn't matter, it's awesome. This is going on replay.
>>
>>70406231

No Wave

Mars - The Complete Studio Recordings NYC 1977–1978
Lounge Lizards - The Lounge Lizards
Liquid Liquid - Liquid Liquid (the compilation)
Ike Yard - 1980 - 82 Collected
Theoretical Girls - Theoretical Record
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks / Beirut Slump - Shut Up and Bleed
>>
>>70405906
Based on people here I've added, Bon Iver's 22, A Million seems to get a lot of hate here
>>
>>70406231
add Leo Kottke - 6 and 12 String Guitar to american primitivism
>>
>>70406231
>>70406338

Also, the only truly No Wave Swans release is their debut EP. Gira's Circus Mort project also counts.
>>
>>70406231
>Primitivism
Fantasias for Guitar and Banjo
Six Organs of Admittance
Probably one or two more Fahey, since he is probably the most influential figure of the genre. Specifically America or Vol. 6

>No Wave
The Ascension
Sonic Youth
Killing Time

>UK Bass
In Colour
Three EPs
Idk much about this genre :/

>Progressive Electronic
Snowflakes are Dancing
Autobahn
Oxygene
Musik von Harmonia
Thousand Knives of Ryuichi Sakamoto
>>
>>70402804
Two, Klatter and The Monitor
>>
>>70403406
what's the second album on the chart, looks dope
>>
>>70406231
>No Wave
Ike Yard - s/t
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ike_yard/ike_yard/
>>
>>70406231
i gotchu

William Ackerman - In Search of the Turtle's Navel
Daniel Bachman - River
Sir Richard Bishop - While My Guitar Violently Bleeds
Sandy Bull - Fantasias for Guitar and Banjo
Glenn Jones - This Is the Wind That Blows It Out: Solos for 6 & 12 String Guitar
Leo Kottke - 6 & 12 String Guitar
Jack Rose - Kensington Blues

these cover most of the styles of primitivism
>>
>>70405855
it is excellent sleep music though
DL2 is actually pretty good as well
>>
File: just got memd on sun.png (549KB, 634x437px) Image search: [Google]
just got memd on sun.png
549KB, 634x437px
>>70405906
Art Angels
fite me grimesposters
>>
>>70406382
can i ask what you see in Klatter? Boris is one of my favorite bands but I found that album to be pretty dull.
>>
>>70406370
I've only listened to Uchu Nippon and Long Season. I like both. What other albums should I check out before listening to the live album?
>>
Getting my wisdom teeth pulled out later, what music should I listen to?
>>
>>70402804
King Krule- s/t

I listened to it today, too.
Completely perfect to me. I'm not sure I could come up with any other record at all that I have no gripe with whatsoever.
>>
>>70406529
It's like a really washed out and in some places subdued noisy psychedelic album.
It builds really well, it's rhythmic and it rips faces in parts.
It's what I look for in psychedelic rock.
>>
File: Fishmans flowchart.jpg (1MB, 1920x1579px) Image search: [Google]
Fishmans flowchart.jpg
1MB, 1920x1579px
>>70406598
Here's what I usually post when people ask. Basically, at the bear minimum just listen to the studio version of every song on 98.12.28 first. Keep in mind that plenty people have only heard Long Season and 98.12.28 and enjoy the latter plenty. I swear you'll like it more having gone through more of their stuff first, though.

Bare minimum
>Studio version of every track (98.12.28 contains at least one from each album)
>ゆらめき in the Air single
>Intro track to at least one of their live albums

Recommended
>Every one of their studio albums following flowchart
>At least one of their earlier live albums (probably 8月の現状)
>ゆらめき in the Air single

Trve Fishmvn
>All of previous Recommended
>Both live albums that aren't 98.12.28
>Corduroy's Mood EP
>Season Single
>Walking in the Rhythm [Remixes]

Realistically, just the studio versions of every track performed, and maybe also Kuchu Camp should be enough.
>>
>>70406644
Randy Described Eternity and only Randy Described Eternity
>>
>>70406711
totally fair, just wondering. I just found Rock Dream and Gensho to be pretty damn superior.
>>
>>70406770
haven't heard rock dream yet, will make it my bidness
>>
Bookmark Chart.png
3MB, 2604x1800px
Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue (1959)
>vocal jazz

This would be a 3.5 without the instrumental tracks, without a fucking doubt. Simone's voice is /perfect/, world-weary and imperfect but so powerful and tuneful, she has one of the best voices I've ever heard, bar none. Her backing band is really great too, they're obviously rooted in jazz but there's a lot of classical influence that adds to the melancholy of her slower tracks wonderfully. This doesn't lead to interesting instrumental tracks, however. The band backs Simone up wonderfully, they just can't hold their own for 5 or so minutes without resorting to a lot of tired tropes and getting old. Take out the instrumental tracks and you've got a fucking incredible album, leave them in and you're still in for a treat.

3.0+

>>70406231
also listen to Machine Girl - WLFGRL for uk bass
fka twigs' M3LL155X as well
>>
>>70406786
it'll blow your mind, check it out asap
>>
>>70406245
Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who helped contribute to this chart. I found a lot of great stuff through it, and my next chart is well under way.

Also, Rod if you're reading this. I'm putting your rec chart on hold until you're back. It's more fun that way.

>>70406716
Thanks! I'd like to get the recommended experience. I believe that one should listen to every Unwound album before being able to appreciate Leaves Turn, so I feel like I should uphold that standard with other bands.
Also, I'm taking a few recs, try and keep 'em pre-2000 but I'm not going to be anal about it. Any genre will do. Don't bother with my rym, just rec!
>>
>>70406866
yooooo awesome.

And I totally agree with the Leaves Turn Inside You thing. Hearing the band progress is extremely satisfying.

I'd rec The Complete Blind Willie Johnson and The Voyager Golden Record
>>
>>70406931
>The Voyager Golden Record
I must have missed this meme, but seems interesting enough

>>70406866
The call for recs was directed at everyone btw, I suck dick at formatting
>>
>>70406866
check out Morita Doji - Mother Earth
>>
>>70406866
Recs 4 u:
Fka twigs- EP2
Arsedestroyer- teenass revolt
Ecophony gaia- geinoh yamashirogumi
>>
>>70406931
>I'd rec The Complete Blind Willie Johnson
You fucking pleb. Quit wasting your time with that pretender, and listen to the good stuff:
The complete blind Willie Nelson
>>
File: Freeform Chart 5.png (974KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 5.png
974KB, 1560x720px
Bad Religion - No Control (1989)
>melodic hardcore, skate punk, punk rock

Here's a portion of my write-up of Bad Religion's Suffer:

"Well, it sucks. I don't know what the fuck I expected from a "melodic hardcore" album, but this is basically the same exact shitty pop punk song repeated 15 times. It's not catchy, the vocalist sounds bored as hell, and it's just shit."

My review for this is that.

>>
>>70406997
Ahh neat, I've been intrigued by the cover art for so long, and I never knew what it was. Thanks!

>>70407028
Ahh still not giving up on the grindcore. Respectable. Maybe I'll come around.
>>
>>70407091
mother sky* i'm an idiot

still, enjoy! one of my favorites of the 70s Japanese Folk scene
>>
>>70407136
I managed to find it under mother earth anyway lol

Haven't listened to too much Japanese Folk, but if it's anything like Ichiko Aoba, I'll probably enjoy it.
>>
>>70407091
>Ahh still not giving up on the grindcore.
Never. Besides, arsedestroyer incorporates much more noise than the expected metal-oriented grind. Closer to the Gerogerigegege than it is to Gridlink or Nails, perhaps.
>>
>>70407158
it's much more somber, and incorporates strings quite a bit. but yeah, if you like ichiko as much as i do, you'll love morita as well.
>>
>>70407165
My main issue with grindcore is the godawful vocals and the lack of sonic variety.
Hence why I like Naked City and some of the Gerogerigegege's stuff.

>>70407179
Awesome, I look forward to it then.
>>
>>70407208
>>70407208
This may be a good into grind for you then. A solid amount of textural variety, vocals obscured to hell. If you like any lo-fi black metal, you might be pleased. It certainly doesn't have the sonic variety of Naked City, but it's only about 20 minutes anyway.
>>
File: upset.png (353KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
upset.png
353KB, 300x300px
AAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1443646993095.jpg (65KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
1443646993095.jpg
65KB, 500x541px
Short reviews because I'm tired and bad at writing them

>Comus - First Utterance
Good. Real good. Can't believe I slept on this.

>Björk - Livebox
You'd only like this if you were a bork superfan, really. Post and Homogenic have the best live performances and orchestrations, while the Debut and Vespertine discs are slightly weaker in comparison. Bork is a fantastic performer and there's some great live instrumentals, but it's a bit overbearing at times.

>Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun
Thought their album before this was near-perfect, making this one near-near perfect. Seriously, I love the short, punchiness of each track and the jangley direction, though it's not as consistent as its predecessor.

>Jorge Ben - A Tábua de Esmeralda
It's goddamn amazing. Just as good if not better than Fôrça bruta. Goddamn am I excited to hear his other stuff on my next chart.

Now for my reviews of the Mercury Rev singles, which honestly feel more like EPs:

>Mercury Rev - Bronx Cheer
Love the single, but the b-sides are either boring or just worse versions of already good Mercury Rev songs.

>Mercury Rev - Something for Joey
Maybe my favorite song ever? Satisfying as all fuck shit. Version I heard also features a live performance of Very Sleepy Rivers and Boys Peel Out as well as an interview with Ron Jeremy and a spoken-word soundscape experiment with poet Robert Creeley. Really interesting single, but not as unique as...

>Mercury Rev - Chasing a Bee
The single is great, as well as the b-side cover of Sly and the Family Stone, which I like much more than the original. It also opens with a snippit from Monkey Chant track from the Golden Rain album. The four selections from their Peel Sessions just feel...lazy though. The vocals are just trash really. Frittering is probably the only good one of these, and it's a shame, because this single was nearly perfect without the inclusion of these shit selections.
>>
File: Neu Chart.jpg (4MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
Neu Chart.jpg
4MB, 3220x3220px
BONUS REVIEWS

>Mercury Rev - Car Wash Hair
Great track, but the two 4-track songs are piss. However, the behemoth untitled 30-minute track. It's quite the adventure of ups and downs. It also, samples the Monkey Chant track, making me believe the Rev Boyz were huge fans of gamelan most likely, giving inspiration to their bright, vivid, and fast instrumentation. Really worth a listen just for the last track.

>Mercury Rev - The Peel Sessions
Listened to this just because the Chasing a Bee single had four tracks from here and I wanted to listen to the whole thing. While there are some fantastic renditions here like the really upbeat version of Downs are Feminine Balloons, and most of the tracks from their first two albums are good, but usually just have terrible vocals. Everything after that period is fine, just forgettable due to the songs initially not being that special.

Hope to finish this chart in the next couple days.
>>
>>70407279
Cool, it'll be interesting to see wot I think

>>70407475
You reminded me to add Jorge Ben, Comus, and Mercury Rev. Cheers.
>>
>>70401284
Oh fuck! This is the first time someone doesn't hate my rec!!
>Not exactly sure how people
????
>>
>>70407475
Its 2017. Stop shoving your opinion on peoples faces.
>>
I'm back to seeing my ex, but how do I make sure she trusts me again after all the fuckups I've done? I just miss the old connection we had so much. I'm so scared I can't change the past and can't make it happen again.

Am I screwed /mu/?
>>
>>70406092
I wanna make oir jazzheads listen to BoH's 261. Also rip Clayton if that wasnt a hoax, which seems like something they'd totally do but i doubt it fsr
>>
>>70405985
Trish loved that shit tho, rip her too. So did i but i kinda forgot about it like any AnCo desu
>>
>>70406037
She wanted to leave and the title track sound kinda like later floyd, if you squint your ears
>>
File: Chart januari.png (101KB, 1702x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Chart januari.png
101KB, 1702x1064px
Can anyone recommend me some sparse, airy and extremely beautiful albums? I know the description is not very clear, but I'll leave it to your interpretation. Pic related is what I have so far, they may give you an idea of what I'm looking for.
>>
>>70406866
there's some serious trip up-core on here, very exciting
>>
File: IMG_20170117_124543.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170117_124543.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>selfie
Here you go, you filthy animals. Classic Hampus selfie.
>>
>>70407054
>the complete Blind Willie Nelson
Fucking amateur hour. Real men listen to Complete Recordings 1929-1934 of Charley Patton.
>>
>>70409645
there it is
>>
>>70409645
Holy fuck, you look like 30
>>
>>70409645
a..are you really bio?
;_; i missed u if it's true
>>
>>70409645
damn good coat
>>
File: 20161016_162654.jpg (428KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_162654.jpg
428KB, 1328x747px
Am I missing some good ol' circlejerking here? I hope not.
>>
>>70409849
eyyy
>>
>>70409849
LEE MYRRH!
>>
>>70409409
Virginia Astley - From Gardens Where We Feel Secure
>>
>>70409409
Linda Perhacs - Parallelograms
Arvo Part - Alina

I'll think of more
>>
>>70410069
nice pick. sick album.
>>
File: topsters2.png (184KB, 1889x1064px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
184KB, 1889x1064px
>>70410069
>>70410166
Thanks, added! Didn't add Alina because I've already listened to it a lot.

More please!
>>
>>70410203
These don't really fit with the albums you have there but they are sparse and I do find them beautiful
Brötzmann / Bennink - Scharzwaltfahrt
Ran Blake / Jeanne Lee - You Stepped Out of a Cloud
>>
File: topsters2.png (277KB, 2197x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
277KB, 2197x1372px
>>70410289
I dislike most jazz but these seemed good enough to at least give them a chance, thanks - added!
>>
>>70410343
Definitely not your typical jazz, there's a chance you'll like them :)
>>
>>70410203
Oh, good call. If this fits--it's super relaxed:
Lewis - L'Amour
>>
>>70410343
you could also look into some lowercase stuff, which is sparse and beautiful in general
>>
>>70410343
also maybe these
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/leif-ove-andsnes/piano-sonata-1_x_1905-in-the-mists-on-the-overgrown-path-series-1/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/grouper/ruins/
>>
>>70410533
>>70410469
Great recs so far, will add them soon. I won't add Janacek, these are some of my favourite pieces of music but I've grown a bit tired of them since I play them on piano myself.

>>70410485
Any particular recs? I'm a bit reluctant to choose some at random, because of the potential memes (e.g. crumpling paper etc.). Or do I just follow this flowchart?
>>
>>70410585
I don't really know a lot in the genre myself :/ just figured because the requirements you had exactly fit the genre :)
>>
File: 1483636771448.jpg (3MB, 3412x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1483636771448.jpg
3MB, 3412x3000px
>>70410585
Forgot to add flowchart
>>
>>70402255
they've got a full-length on the way. K was a boring ass song desu, sounded like a weak rehash of Affection with even cheesier lyrics than usual.
>>70401010
have Gira and Scott Walker ever worked together? i don't think there would be a better duo in this world
>>
>>70409409
Mark Hollis' solo album is amazing and fits that description even better than Spirit of Eden.
Grapes From the Estate by Oren Ambarchi.
Pygmalion by Slowdive.
Jazz Pa Svenska by Jan Johansson.
>>
>>70410831
>Grapes From the Estate by Oren Ambarchi.
this is a good rec
>>
>>70410852
ikr, I've never heard sine waves sound so serene
what else is up tho?
>>
>>70409409
Penguin cafe orchestra- music from
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (428KB, 2197x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).png
428KB, 2197x1372px
>>70410831
Great, thanks!

>>70410951
Didn't really like this one, I'm sorry
>>
>>70409409
Bull of heaven #351
>>
>>70411022
Not really feeling this. I want there to be a lot of space in the music, this seems too dense.
>>
File: mornin_winter_pigger.png (248KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
mornin_winter_pigger.png
248KB, 600x463px
Pig wake

>>70409409
Hello, that is pretty much minimalsim
Luciano Cilio - Dell'Universo Assente
Erik Saite - Gnossiennes; Gymnopédies; Ogives; Trois sarabandes; Petite ouverture à danser (Reinbert De Leeuw)
Ketil Bjornstad & David Darling - The River
Hans Otte - Buch Der Klange
>>
>>70411013
This is turning into a great chart, Gardens, Parallelograms, World of Echo and Pygmalion are all personal favourites.
>>
>>70409735
I more or less am?

>>70409819
Damn straight
>>
>>70411013
FYI, don't really listen to mark hollis s/t over spirit of eden if you've never heard either. I said it.
>>
>>70411263
Spirit may be more essential, but Hollis definitely works better with what he described though. Spirit gets loud as fuck at times.
>>
Still reading this Krautrock book. Schulze calls Stockhausen a meme
>>
>>70411228
Morning piggy, hope you slept well. I did realise the conditions I made would probably bring up a lot of minimalism recommendations, but I think it can be broader as well (many of the recs I got so far are not necessarily minimalism). I'll add some of your recommendations, however I'll skip the Satie because same as with Janacek, I've grown tired of them by playing them myself.

>>70411242
Yes, really looking forward to listening to all of these!

>>70411263
Don't worry, I've listened to Spirit of Eden a lot and love it. I just added it to the original chart to give an idea of what I was looking for.
>>
>>70411332
Yeah, all true
>>
>tfw a review of mine got published
Meme feel. It wasn't even a very good review but hey at least the release might got more exposure.

http://the-attic.net/reviews/1924/-mordan-jaikel-_-true-history.html

Reccing it desu
>>
>>70411388
Fuck yeah. Congrats. How'd you get it published?
>>
>>70411077
Bull of Heaven #101
>>
>>70411409
I wrote it on RYM originally and a guy asked if he could forward it to the site to let more people know about the EP.
>>
File: topsters2.png (463KB, 2197x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
463KB, 2197x1372px
Two more?

>>70411477
Is Bull of Heaven a meme I'm unaware of?

>>70411388
Congratulations!
>>
>>70411690
Holy fuck, are you me?
>>
>>70411690
A lot of folksy/country stuff fills that role IMO. Some Bill Callahan or Bonnie Prince Billy (specifically Master and Every is ultimate serenity)
>>
>>70411690
Rec'd Astley earlier, on a similar slightly pastoral folky vein to that and Perhacs, Waillee Waillee would be a shout.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170117-101344-1.jpg (73KB, 968x535px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170117-101344-1.jpg
73KB, 968x535px
>>70406231
>No wave
Arab on Radar
Rosa Yemen EP
Harry Pussy (maybe)
>>
File: topsters2.png (493KB, 2197x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
493KB, 2197x1372px
Last spot for the most beautiful, minimal, spacious album you know

>>70411756
added

>>70411787
I won't add it to the chart just yet, I will listen to it if I enjoyed Astley, thanks!
>>
Bringing back daily Dead inspiration.

Can't say much that hasn't already been said about May 1977, but this particular recording I think is special in a different way. They're at their most restrained here on Peggy-O from 5/9/77. Not flashy in the least bit, but this is one of the most palpably bittersweet recordings I've ever heard. Almost too much to handle in the same way as parts of--dare I say--98.12.28.

https://youtu.be/tnkjU2uJmI4
>>
>>70411880
Not it the whole way through so not one for the chart but Paebiru by Lula Cortes/Ze Ramalho, when it's full of air, is full of beautiful air. Other bits of the album can get firey and claustophobic though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfwNwJFGpD8

And the track before it (Ballado Das Muscarias) are my two favourite tracks, both fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>70411996
lmao at the "tropical sounds", beautiful song indeed though
>>
>>70411013
>Didn't really like this one, I'm sorry
Wow really? Most people seem to enjoy it.
No matter, how about:
Aine O'Dwyer- music for church cleaners
>>
>>70411690
Yes xlearly . Also Bull of Heaven #last2digits
>>
>>70411996
I always like to imagine that the strange bird noises is just Brazilian hippie tripping
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (551KB, 2197x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).png
551KB, 2197x1372px
>>70412517
Great, then my chart is done. Thank you all for your recommendations, I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot. Won't post reviews or anything though, would be kind of silly since I'm not a trip.
>>
>>70402804
would probably consider oversteps, classical curves and psychic, i'm not sure what a 10 would mean for me or you
>>
>>70412579
Great intimate music here. You should post some reviews though, no matter how. I think a lot of people would hearing thoughts about these. Don't need no trip
>>
>>70404779
william basinski never actually existed, and neither did the twin towers
you can read it in the bible
>>
>>70412579
Don't need no trip to post reviews but you can do whatever you want, I'd enjoy at least seeing scores and the like
>>
>>70412579
this chart seems is quite gay, have fun
>>
>>70412708
>seems is
ok
>>
>>70402804
>>
>>70412579
post ratings at least lad
>>
>>70412665
>>70412703
>>70413283
Okay I'll review them. Might take a while though, I have exams until the 3rd of february and I can't study with music on + I like to listen to an album at least 5 times before rating it
>>
>>70413329
5 times? Damn dude
>>
>>70413627
At least yeah, most often it's around 8 times. Can be a real drag sometimes, but in my experience it helps me give accurate scores. Some albums take a while to click, other albums seem amazing at first but lose all replay value after the 6th listen. These are things I wouldn't know by listening only once or twice.
>>
>>70395084
that's marshall from HIMYM
>>
>>70413875
Woah really? Sometimes I don't even listen to an album once before giving it a rating
>>
http://studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live/
t minus a lil more than half an hour, come listen to muh coreshit with me
>>
imma shout you out if you comment^^
>>
>>70414712
>>70415265
What is it exactly?
>>
>>70415332
metal-themed student radio show
>>
>>70415367
Is it you talking?
>>
>>70415332
but it's mostly just metalcore like i said because me & the main guy happen to be into that
>>
>>70415378
in part. im the nasal awkward guy you can tell p ezly
>>
>>70415384
>>70415400
Kühl i'm listening even though I can't stand metal
>>
>>70414712
Ghost is actually pretty fun, never listened to them before
>>
Ich versteh aber kein Deutsch
>>
>>70415489
but metal is a weltsprache \m/
>>
>>70415517
Hahaha did I just hear you typing this post on broadcast? That's amazing
>>
Im just a passerby from another board, but damn this Khana Rung Thawi music is on fire. What genre is this?

So what do you guys actually do around here, Im trying to read the description, but it read like you guys just hang around together and share an album together?
>>
>>70412579
I definitely want to hear your thoughts on these records, trip or not. There's not really any rules to daily, after all, just a bunch of habits we mutually participate in. Do it your way, you know? If that means staying quiet, that's cool too. But people here care about your opinions.
>>
>>70415694
We basically just listen to whatever we want, which often includes what we tell each other to listen to, we write our opinions sometimes, and we praise/berate one another based on those opinions. Sometimes a bunch of us listen to the same thing, but usually it's like "hey daily, I'm enjoying this record for these reasons so you should check it out if that appeals to you" except it sounds way more autistic when we actually do it
>>
>>70415694
it's post-discovering the drum fill key on the casio keyboard core.
>>
>>70415694
>What genre is this?
Molam

>>70413329
Awesome anon, take your time
>>
>>70415831
>>70415784
Oh cool. Do you guys have any more of these local genres in your recomendation picture, or just your personal preference?
>>
File: IMG_1665.jpg (30KB, 287x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1665.jpg
30KB, 287x300px
Are you guys really Glass haters. Finally getting through this today and it's mind blowing.

>>70416000
Check out Khun Narin
>>
>>70416047
Do we hate him? I always liked Koyaanisqatsi.
>>
>>70416047
one two three four
one two three four five six
one two three four five six seven eight
one two three four
one two three four five six
one two three four five six seven eight

truly a masterpiece.
>>
>>70416341
Cool to bring up the lyrical merits of a Glass composition like that.
>>
>>70416047
i like him he did music for 18 musicians thats one of the most musicians ever very cool
>>
>>70416047
only Glassworks is hated
>>
>>70416494
Fair enough. I think Glassworks is also very good
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.