[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix metal fans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: autism.png (171KB, 1238x932px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
171KB, 1238x932px
How do we fix metal fans?
>>
they need to be exterminated
>>
>being this mad that fans of another genre are courageous enough to call out stupidity in their realm of music when you're too pussy to stop yours
Metal fans aren't pussies you see. Unlike say...Trance fans that sat back and watched as their favorite form of music got bastardized by talentless hacks yet still to this day complain about Trance's death...or fans of Indie Rock that are now mad due to how many dime a dozen "so quirky and indeh!" lazy shitty bands are in the scene...or rappers like 21 Savage that think that a new rapping format (mumble rap) gives him freedom to be as lazy and uninspiring in his flow, metal fans won't just sit back and let that stuff kill their favorite kind of music.
>>
>>70192625
No making a change.org like this is autistic
>>
>>70192433
Find a way remove the supremacy/elitism of it.
>>
Fuck them lol ghost is tight
>>
>>70192693
Almost all metal criticism/promotion is severely autistic
>>
File: expandederer deck edition.jpg (2MB, 1718x3934px) Image search: [Google]
expandederer deck edition.jpg
2MB, 1718x3934px
>>70192433
By making them listen to good metal
>>
>>70192433
Oil and screwdrivers.
>>
>>70192625
you are the problem
>>
>>70192625
LMAO
>>
Ghost is actually really good
>>
>>70192433
wtf i love Ghost now
>>
>>70192433
We don't. There is no cure for autism.
>>
>>70192693
>being so mentally fucking retarded that you think that people usually make petitions on that site for genuine change and not to raise awareness
Next level stupidity right here.

>>70192749
Good records most of them. Needs more recent stuff though.
>>
>>70192433

but ghost is good
>>
>>70192910
>raise awareness
What the fuck is awareness of a bunch of people not liking a band going to do? Note I put >like this
>>
>>70192625
fuck is this guy actually serious? Jesus christ....
>>
>>70193137
To not set a precedence for an over-saturation of that same exact shit, you dumbfuck. I know it's hard for you to understand, but people exist...that aren't pussies.

>>70192841
>>70192852
t. pussies
>>
>>70193471
>speaks the name of the false messiah
>thinks he would ever get anything patrician like metal or ever not be a pussy in life
>>
>>70193490
If the band makes money, its probably gonna stay signed and making records, I know you're 13 (listens to metal) but saying everyone are pussies makes your views less credible
>>
>>70192625
How can a genre be "Damaged" by others making worse quality output under the same label? Only severely immature people would complain about this.

People just don't like the fact that their super special secret genre is being used to label music they don't like. There is still plenty of decent Trance and Indie Rock, it just remains more underground.

Look at Dubstep for fuck sake. I still listen to and enjoy early Dubstep tracks but do I start a petition to get Skrillex to stop making music? No, I just don't listen to him.

I know it's hard for an autistic person to understand that people like things that they don't, but at least try please?
>>
>>70192625
itty bitty baby
>>
>>70193674
>If the band makes money, its probably gonna stay signed and making records
Why is your dumb pussy ass still on that point? It has already been established that the point isn't for the band to break up, but to prevent oversaturation in the scene.

>>70193717
>There is still plenty of decent Trance and Indie Rock
Neither genre has the deft of creativity it once used to have. Real trance is practically dead now.

> still listen to and enjoy early Dubstep tracks but do I start a petition to get Skrillex to stop making music? No, I just don't listen to him.
And look at Dubstep today. Deep medi keeps it alive, and that's it. Otherwise it's a goddamn husk. If they weren't pussies maybe things would've been different.

>m-muh sekrit klub meme
Fuck off you retard, it's not about that, it's about wanting to continually take the music to the next level instead of these stupid revivalist losers. I guess artistic integrity is too big a concept for a pussy like you.

>>70193874
>all I got is ad hominem since I know he's right
You got that right, pussy.
>>
>>70193904
But but why blame mainstream exposure for the demise of a genre? Genres of music (especially dance music) have a natural lifecycle before people get bored and move onto other things.

Skrillex didn't have anything to do with the death of "real" dubstep, people just got tired of it. Same as with any genre
>>
>>70193904
>It has already been established that the point isn't for the band to break up
You overestimate metal fans
Even if everyone signing that was thinking it would prevent oversaturation, it still makes no sense.
>>
>>70193904
>replies to everyone by calling them a pussy

Do you still live with your parents by any chance?
>>
>liking Ghost
>>
File: Heavy-metal.jpg (32KB, 450x428px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy-metal.jpg
32KB, 450x428px
>>70193904
Is this you?
>>
>>70194050
>But but why blame mainstream exposure for the demise of a genre?
Dumbass pussies missing the point again. Check it loser, the talk isn't about mainstream exposure. It's about getting shitty watered down music in a genre of music.

>Genres of music (especially dance music) have a natural lifecycle before people get bored and move onto other things.
You know how to keep things alive? By doing new and interesting things with the genre! Revivalist garbage like Ghost only kills stuff.

>Skrillex didn't have anything to do with the death of "real" dubstep, people just got tired of it. Same as with any genre
Holy shit, here I was giving you a modicum of respect thinking you knew your way around the dubstep genre. You don't know jack shit.

>>70194058
Nah, you underestimate them because they aren't pussies. Any disapproval shows that maybe pushing other shitty retro bands isn't gonna be good for the labels or the music in the long run. That it's just a shitty fad.
>>
>>70192625
Can this be pasta?
>>
>>70192712
Stupid opinions belong on >>>/b/ .
>>
>>70194125
Nope, I live in an apartment that I pay for.

>>70194204
Nope. In fact, the move being supported here is to remove losers like that guy.
>>
>>70194260
>Any disapproval shows that maybe pushing other shitty retro bands isn't gonna be good for the labels or the music in the long run

And this is where I say money counts, if the band is making money nobody is going to read into a petition even with 10k signatures and they certainly aren't going to apply it to any other potential bands
>>
File: sunbather man.png (579KB, 658x463px) Image search: [Google]
sunbather man.png
579KB, 658x463px
>there are people on /mu/ who hate sunbather because it's "hipster" or "not kvlt enough" or because "lmao the vocalist looks gay"

still the most important metal album of this decade so far followed by the satanist and exercises in futility
>>
>>70194289
Do you hate Sunbather by any chance?
>>
>>70194272
It could be transposed on top of >>70194204 for a new /mu/ banner
>>
>>70194374
>neo-behemoth
lmao
>>
>>70192625
>all these butthurt nu-male replies
Never change /mu/
>>
Ghost Suck, but this is just stupid lmao
>>
File: Cx9f4J9XUAEdJYD.jpg (55KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cx9f4J9XUAEdJYD.jpg
55KB, 1024x1024px
>>70192625
>>
>>70194676
on second thoughts, this guy might actually be defending this petition.

Shit, and just when I was holding out hope for this board...
>>
>>70192770
underrated
>>
>>70194353
>doesn't understand the difference between short run and long run
>being this utterly fucking stupid

>>70194412
It's aight. Not the big game changer people say it is, but not super horrible either. Barely metal though either way.

The real game changers are bands like Dark Fury, Der Sturmer, Ungern, Aryan Art. It's because of these geniuses that the world has finally realized the Muslim threat, that Brexit needs to happen, that America NEEDS a shake up like Donald Trump.
>>
>>70194898
>>being this utterly fucking stupid
You think a change.org of 10000 signatures is going to have an actual effect on the industry
Please just stop
>>
if you're an elitist prick wouldn't baby metal be higher on the list of bands to take down?
>>
>How do we fix metal heads?

>literally from the second post a mega-autist metalhead comes in and starts arguing with everyone

I'm dying
>>
>>70194676
OP's petition is sounds so stupid to begin with that this whole thread is fucking bait imo
>>
>>70195129
>You think a change.org of 10000 signatures is going to have an actual effect on the industry
>Still thinks that this is some large macro change when it's just a tiny discussion of topic
See this is something I never liked about non-metalheads around the world. Sure us metalheads like music that tends to be grandiose and blows things super out of proportion, but that's for the shits and giggles. We keep it down to earth in real life. But retards like you think everything's gonna be this massive change. It's because of idiots like you that the progressive left has turned into the regressive left.
>>
>>70192625
Why did this get so much hate? Its fucking right. Metal stayed pure because of its fans that accept nothing less. All other genres allowed themselves to be bastardized. Like when rap entered rock, it killed rock for the most part. Country became Pop Country and then the actual sound was almost lost although Gothic Country and stuff like Sturgill Simpson have made great strides in saving Country.
Even Hiphop has become compromised with memerap like Minnesota or the aforementioned Mumble Rap that doesn't even try to make good beats or bars.

Metal still remains a place for technically proficient musicians only and for many strong vocalists to shine in performance, there are no corners cut in Metal and nothing sloppy is tolerated for long so it ends up being the best genre of 2016. While all other genres are going into the shitter, metal has remained as strong as ever because of its fans.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.