[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Tori Amos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

What does /mu/ think of Tori Amos?
>>
Better than Bjork and Kate Bush combined.
>>
mick foley-core
>>
Oh I love Kate Bush
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Little Earthquakes [Atlantic, 1992]

She's been raped and she's written a great song about it, the quietly terrifying acapella "Me and a Gun". That means she's not Kate Bush. But Kate Bush's market share I'm sure she'd happily settle for. C+

Under the Pink [Atlantic, 1994] *bomb*

Boys For Pele [Atlantic, 1996] *bomb*

Strange Little Girls [Atlantic, 2001] :(
>>
>>70172964
Rude.
>>
>>70172527
Sorry, no.
>>
File: overruled.png (19KB, 415x158px) Image search: [Google]
overruled.png
19KB, 415x158px
>>70174140
>>
She was one of the biggest names in music in the '90s. During the fledgling days of the Internet, "tori amos" was one of the most widely searched for terms on search engies.
>>
>>70174382
>>>/tv/
Nobody cares lad
>>
>>70172964
#owned
>>
>>70172964
What the fuck, Rob
>>
File: 03toriamos-booming-superJumbo.jpg (323KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
03toriamos-booming-superJumbo.jpg
323KB, 2048x1365px
Too bad that nowadays, she sports those feminist eyeglasses.
>>
>>70174473
Yeesh. *turns around and backs slowly out of room*
>>
>>70174603
>*turns around and backs slowly out of room*
Wait...
>>
>>70174473
That's very disturbing desu.
>>
>>70174473
Looks a bit like Tara Holiday
>>
I don't see how she's at all like Kate Bush other than maybe on 1-2 of her early songs.

Their fanbases were pretty different as well, Tori's fans are mostly women while Kate Bush mostly appealed to weird, nerdy men.
>>
>>70174473
I wonder what she looks like without that wig.
>>
>>70174780
During the grunge era, Tori Amos was beating even Liz Phair as the top alternachick. Tons of young women in the 90s bought her shit, attended her concerts, and dyed their hair red.
>>
All of her albums up to Scarlet Walk are worth checking out (you can ignore SLG as it's a covers album). The first two are her piano phase, Pele has some good songs but is mostly weird experiments, and Choirgirl and Venus explore a bit of electronica without the awful repetitive nature of the genre itself. I was blown away by the simplicity and melancholy melodies on the first two albums, but surprisingly love Choirgirl and Venus just as much. Somehow the electronic elements fit her style of music. After that, she pretty much ran out of ideas.
>>
>>70174780
Kate Bush never even performed live after 1979 while Tori Amos is a really powerful, emotional performer.
>>
Eh.
>>
File: Tori-Amos.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tori-Amos.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
Saw her live 3 times in the 90's and early 00's.
She did great live performances. Inn the 90's she had more websites devoted to her then any other subject on the internet.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 600x396px
>>70176631
She was also hot as fuck when she was in her prime and didn't wear feminist eyeglasses.

>dem legs
>>
>>70174473
Still would desu senpai
>>
hands down one of the most talented people in the industry.
>>
>>70177154
For her music and not just because she was hot?
>>
>>70177337
songwriting, lyrics, musicianship, range of styles, and yes hot.
>>
>>70172527
DUDE RAPE LMAO: the album
>>
I remember one time when I took acid that I became obsessed with her, ended up watching 4+ hours of live performances from her

Terrific performer
>>
I love her
>>
the least famous of the amos' for a reason

shes shit
>>
>>70172527
one of the most tragic examples of plastic surgery gone wrong
>>
>>70174199
That was because there were rumors you could find topless pics. I was one of those searchers. Turned out to be a trick of the light...
>>
>>70175044
You missed the recent concerts, I see... too bad
>>
Everything after Boys For Pele is shit
>>
>>70179679
From the Choirgirl Hotel and Scarlet's Walk are great albums. After that point she turns to shit.
>>
>>70172527
Under the pink and Boys for pele are some of my favorite records.

Her recent works are rather uninspired and she looks so different with all that botox, it's almost like she's a completely different person.
>>
>>70179866
Scarlet's walk has it's problems. It's overlong, the production is bland, the songs are very varied in quality. I enjoy the record over all but it's definitely a step down compared her previous works.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.