[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANOHNI Triggered by Pitchfork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5129.png (176KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5129.png
176KB, 640x1136px
It's a good one folks, meltdown of the year

facebook DOT com SLASH AntonyandtheJohnsons/posts/10154831222113552
>>
>>69566047
blah blah Pitchfork's liberal agenda blah blah buncha sucks /s
>>
>>69566047
I love Antony's other work but holy shit how the hell did Hopelessness get a 9?
>>
>>69566100
cucks*
>>
>>69566047
Why is she talking about herself in the third person? Why doesn't she just rant from her own perspective? I get being mad and confused, but why make it seem like you're a neutral observer divorced from the situation?
>>
>>69566047
Proof that trannys are mentally ill
>>
>>69566111
she's just so brave!
pitchfork's gotta get their progressive points in
>>
>>69566137
I'm guessing it's not her and it's a social media handler typing it.
>>
SAY IT WITH ME LADS

JUST
>>
File: 1470650853306.png (1002KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470650853306.png
1002KB, 1280x720px
>Not even P4K can get it right
top fucking kek

Also, why do people even care what """""critics""""" says anyways. I find it insane that music fans take critics serious, but the artists?
>>
>>69566100
if anything she's saying it's not liberal enough...

also as a liberal i still find this annoying as fuck. i get her point but i really think she's overthinking the extent to which she is being explicitly targeted. i don't think the album is that great and i actually think Pitchfork gave it a 9/10 as a political statement the first time, not as an accurate evaluation of quality. that's why i think they ultimately deemed it not good enough for the top 20 list of the year.
>>
>>69566142
She was 'brave' back when she was making better music too and I'm almost certain it got a lower score.
>>
The worst part is I know for a fact that she fully controls her Facebook.
>>
Why does it care?
>>
>>69566047
She fucking sucks I'm glad they kicked her off.
>>
transpeople are such dramaqueens and attention whores

>no transwoman in the top10 buhuhuh

thats because not enough mentally ill people make music
>>
>>69566154
well it definitely does help album sales if the album gets into end of year lists
>>
>>69566225
>calls someone else an attention whore
>makes obvious bait post
>>
>>69566198
That's just sad, especially since she's still ranting and replying to all the comments
>>
having a high score on a review doesn't mean making into a list. how isn't that obvious by now? if it were like that then there wouldn't be any mystery in revealing the end of the year list. opinions change and scores aren't as important as they were when they were put

man, what a fucking crybaby. he's most likely going to make it into the top 50 one, probably higher than the ones that made it into the experimental list, and at the same time some in the experimental list will be nowhere to be found.

crying about because "i'm trans!" without shit to back it up is really forced. pitchfork's progressive agenda has been in full force, they just got one "wrong", probably cause it didn't feel purely r&b or purely experimental for either list.
>>
this is a website with lists such as 'The Best Music Memes of 2016'
>>
>>69566262
Then again, pulling this stunt make cause p4k to actually just throw the album of the list
>>
are you kidding me?
mad over a p4k top 20 list
kinda losing respect her. The whole album was oscar bait ffs
>>
hopelessness is a shit album and im a tranny fag
>>
>>69566242
>pointing out scientific facts is "bait"
>>
half of the albums on their experimental albums list are just ambient albums
>>
>>69566232
>lists

See that's crucial in understanding exactly how stupid this entire thing really is. she is moaning about Pitchfork specifically. Surely she has checked out other big music websites to see where she lands on their lists.

If she doesn't appear on good handful of top 10s or top 20s, then she must see it as "hm my music sucks" instead of "muh rights, muh equality"
>>
>>69566292
it is and you know it
>>
>>69566291
london?
>>
File: Binging.jpg (69KB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
Binging.jpg
69KB, 375x250px
OH BOY AM I PISSED.

>Anohni got a 9
>I am a Bird Now got an 8.6

If I didn't have a reason before, NOW I have a reason to hate pitchfork.
>>
>>69566279
if i were them i would remove it from the list, but obviously they don't have the balls to do it and in fact it'll most likely get a really good spot, which i assume is what they had in mind since the start, anyway. something like top 20 of the year.

but really ffs, crying about these individual lists is a really small thing to do, they don't mean shit, and certainly less an attack towards his sexuality. should wait to the end of the year one
>>
Fucking hell what is wrong with this person. Always going off on freshman level political rants. Filming terrible videos that Apple paid for, then bitching that you feel used because Apple paid for your videos and promoted your album.

And now crying because you didn't make a top 20 list when your album got a 9/10 on the actual site.

This is more entitled than Kanye's "the album is a 30/10" twitter rant earlier this year. Maybe she should just stay off the internet.

Grown up artist bitching about fucking pitchfork.
>>
>>69566342
My wording here was poor.

I'm pissed that Anohni got a higher score than Bird since Bird was a MUCH better album.
>>
>>69566311
Do you consider biology class "bait" too?
>>
>>69566367
yes
>>
>>69566360
this
/thread
>>
it is a little strange that it wasn't listed on any of the genre lists. i wonder if they changed their mind about it or it was just an oversight and it will be on the overall list.
>>
how out of touch do you have to be to get this worked up over p4k

especially as someone in the public eye (using that term loosely in this case)

its the average plebs job to freak out over these lists, musicians and celebrities have options
>>
>>69566396
it probably will they need to cater to people
>>
>>69566367
don't think you've ever taken a biology class if you think that has anything to do with people being transgender.
>>
>>69566305
don't try to reason with them, he's just mad that his album didn't get enough credit even though it got a 9.
>>
>>69566396
because it wasn't a good album
after the dust settled its just a shitty album full of hudmo's rejected beats and antony writing her worst material
>>
if you read the actual post, she really doesn't sound very upset. she just says "it will be interesting to hear how they justify this", which is a fair point considering they did give a 9. i guess these threads attract all manner of /pol/fags though so facts don't matter, i'm sure.
>>
How the hell did Hance get 9.1? It's the worst album on that list of 9's.
>>
>>69566360
>This is more entitled than Kanye's "the album is a 30/10"
That was funny tbqh famille. Not the whole "if you're white you can't review my album" tweet but the one where he just flat out said:

Pitchfork, the album is a 30 out of 10
>>
>>69566448
Did you read all the comments she's posted? She's definitely mad
>>
>>69566047
>muh artist gender
>muh political/social agenda in art

the art =/= the artist, if her/his/their biggest argument is "muh genitalia of the dude who made x album" then no p4k 2016 top 10 is what you deserve.
>>
>>69566448
do you really go about your day thinking if somebody disagrees with some ting they must be from /pol/. if so reevaluate your life
/pol/ isn't shit
the album isn't 9.1 material
>>
>>69566487
i didn't, maybe she is. but she still has a point. it's strange that it wasn't included in any of the lists.
>>
>>69566242
woah triggered tranny here
>>
>>69566448
>"it will be interesting to hear how they justify this"

No it won't. In their top 50 end of year lists, albums still switch places with rankings not solely determined by the review score. I remember 2013 MVOTC topping Yeezus. I'd like to hear what she has to say about what album should be replaced with hers on these lists if she feels it's such an affront Hopelessness not being there.

And she's mad as fuck.
>>
>>69566500
did i say anything about what i personally think about the album? i just said she has a point that it is strange that they didn't include it after giving the album a 9. half this thread is "TRANS LMAO" or "LOL HE'S A DUDE" so yeah i do feel comfortable with my /pol/ comment.
>>
>>69566142
>she
lol
>>
>>69566544
Uh, half the thread ISN'T that actually you twit. Why are you making shit up?
>>
>>69566534
has an album ever gotten a 9 and then not been included at all in top 50? i seriously doubt it.
>>
>>69566510
>it's strange that it wasn't included in any of the lists
How? Pitchfork is known to review albums and rank them in their year-end list irrespective of the rating they gave it during the year.
>>
>>69566564
No, but we're not talking about their top 50 list, which has not been released yet.
>>
File: BerdGerhl.png (2MB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
BerdGerhl.png
2MB, 1425x1425px
Can we all just agree that Hopelessness doesn't hold a fucking candle to Antony's other works?
>>
>>69566608
She has consciously uncoupled from those works, you cannot compare them.
>>
>>69566608
It's a hard to compare them desu. I'd judge them by themselves. With that, Hopelessness is good imo. Obama is trash though.
>>
>>69566608
100% agree
>>
>>69566623
>consciously uncoupled from those works
You mean like she doesn't acknowledge them anymore?
>>
>>69566596
i think it's fair to assume that the top 50 will be based off the genre lists. but maybe it will be there, still weird that it was left off these lists if it's going to be.
>>
>>69566631
I'm trying to. But god damn when you make an album that good it's hard not to think the newer one isn't as good.

>>69566634
I'd fist bump you.
>>
>>69566608
yeah its bttr
>>
Hot take coming through!
>You are missing the point that every single album of note this year was included in those genre lists except HOPELESSNESS.
>>
>>69566608
Absolutely
>>
>>69566665
>i think it's fair to assume that the top 50 will be based off the genre lists
I wouldn't bet on it. This is Pitchfork we are talking about.

>still weird that it was left off these lists if it's going to be.
Everything about Pitchfork is random. Saying that it's weird it was left off the lists neglects that. There's no pattern to Pitchfork for the most part. Their decimal scores should be the first red flag of that.
>>
File: 1480363125231.jpg (135KB, 712x515px) Image search: [Google]
1480363125231.jpg
135KB, 712x515px
how dare they
>>
>>69566608
It's on par with Swanlights, if I can even compare them.
>>
>>69566695
She's right. In the Pop/R&B, they should take out Lemonade, that only got an 8.5 after all.
>>
>>69566047
why would she refer to herself in the third person unless this is someone who runs her facebook page
>>
>>69566796
She does that a lot.
>>
>>69566775
>the score indicates how it will be ranked
When will you guys learn?
>>
what kind of artist whines about end of the year lists
jesus this is pathetic
>>
>>69566824
Really? I have never heard her do so before this.
>>
>>69566047
literally FUCKING who?
>>
>>69566856
go back to >>>/b/
>>
>>69566856
Antony and the Johnsons?
>>
>>69566616
Hello, Anohni!
>>
people like her are the reason we have a washed-up reality show star as president

she needs to get a fucking life.
>>
>>69566564
The Blood Brothers - Burn Piano Island Burn
>>
>>69566976
this is the most autistic thing I've heard today
>>
>>69566824
Seriously? The only people I've seen do this are severely mentally ill people.
>>
>>69566824
Proof? I have followed her on Facebook and never saw her post like that.
>>
if only we could all be validated by p4k
fucking kek, she's an autist
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.