[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to black music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: HOWDOYOUGOFROMTHISTOTHIS.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HOWDOYOUGOFROMTHISTOTHIS.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
It has clearly been declining in quality over the years. It went from garbage to feces. Why is this?
>>
People used to say the same things about jazz, I'm sure you can guess why.
>>
thats kind of a biased comparison considering that there is still jazz made by black people today and there was r&b type stuff in the early 60's that is more comparable to pablo. Kanye and motown greats may have been pretty simple lyrically but as far as production and session instruments there is a lot of work and detailed attention to acheive the desired sound despite it just being pop music.
>>
File: sup.jpg (78KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
sup.jpg
78KB, 620x412px
>>
>>68899615
Yeah, what were those blacks thinking, all getting together and making Life of Pablo. I should have gone to the 2016 black people convention and stopped them from doing it.
>>
File: 1475719595927.jpg (24KB, 340x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475719595927.jpg
24KB, 340x226px
>>68899615
Shouldn't you compare Mingus with something today that's actually considered good?

Jesus fuck I swear people do this all the time "lol I'll take this god tier album from back then and a shitty album from now to make a point", couldnt you take an amazing album from today and compare it to a shitty album from back then to argue the opposite of what you're saying?

Fuck right off retard
>>
>>68899615
white ppl
>>
>>68899888
>>68899933
>>68899955
these digits
replace pablo with a good album
think about how much bad jazz there is that you dont know about
>>
Kanye west is like the George Gershwin of black music. the popular white influenced kind. There's a lot of rappers out there making all sorts of music telling the lives of the decendants of those slaves from what seems so long ago. Just like blues band were a dime a dozen in the 10s and 20s
>>
>>68899994
>>6899999
test
>>
File: MingusBraxton.jpg (83KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MingusBraxton.jpg
83KB, 800x600px
>>
>>68900021
>>68899999
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF0tkdhtIDA

I love this song
>>
>>68899994
>think about how much bad jazz there is that you dont know about

This, time forgets bad albums, even if they're trendy at the time they're made.
>>
File: Meica Deutschländer Lehrling.jpg (14KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Meica Deutschländer Lehrling.jpg
14KB, 350x350px
Christinanity keeping the black man down, giving him wrong role models
The rapper rolemodel is a supposed bridge to a preacher profession ---> Rap is recruiting blacks for priests
>>
>>68900137
If I remember right I've read some black poems from black Slaves or some shit, maybe indentured servants I don't know how they knew how to write. But they would float triumphantly at their slave masters in their poems. Because they felt as though they would be freed in heaven from their toil after they died.

Just a story I guess
>>
This music is from New Orleans the same city jazz is from if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhHg6cIaOg

I wish I could get an ID for the song at 1:16, I love it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.