[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - Homoerotic German Music Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 98

File: 1465723963603.jpg (61KB, 598x599px) Image search: [Google]
1465723963603.jpg
61KB, 598x599px
It's getting steamy in here.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>Just when we started to have faith in topsters again. Just use this.

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>Please actually use this it's quite fun

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>The plug jimmy jazz uses RIP

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

https://discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>talk shit here

The Skype group is not real, we just put it here as a joke. Haha.

And remember, dance the Mussolini!

Previously on /gayly/: >>68688468
>>
first for the thirst
>>
File: buoys.jpg (51KB, 611x411px) Image search: [Google]
buoys.jpg
51KB, 611x411px
>>68739891
for the
>>
/daily/? More like /gayly/
>>
That feeling when
>>
benny profane here's a rec:

The Jazz Composer's Orchestra - s/t
>>
bad
>>
>>68740329
I'm like really really?
>>
What's the best Radiohead album and why is it The Bends?
>>
>>68740478
It's the one that has You And Whose Army and if it's The Bends then you're in luck
>>
File: gfrdrone.png (2MB, 1784x1680px) Image search: [Google]
gfrdrone.png
2MB, 1784x1680px
>ECCO UNLIMITED - NHK Reminds You To Boost Your Signal
I think the ambient soundscape creating side of vaporwave is much more interesting than the slowed down/future funk stuff. I liked how the album was "damaged" so it would skip and cut off at random points. I think that's a neat concept that could be explored further and really fits in line with the repurposing of old sounds aesthetic. I liked the use of drone on the first song and how it created a hypnotic atmosphere where i lost track of how much time was passing. The piano sample in the second track was really nice and the whole thing sounded like it was underwater. The last track was the weakest in my opinion with the repeating vocal sample getting annoying after a while with no meaningful development around it. blue triangle(that's the same color as the album art)/10
>>
File: Famous Albums Chart.png (674KB, 1680x834px) Image search: [Google]
Famous Albums Chart.png
674KB, 1680x834px
Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady (1979)
>punk rock, pop punk

Mostly glorious pop punk that's sadly weighed down by some tracks that don't quite live up to the lofty standard the band creates with some absolutely spectacular songs. The jumpy, lovelorn "Ever Fallen in Love?"; the beautiful, melodic, wall-of-sound "Everybody's Happy Nowadays"; and the groovy, krautrock-influenced "Why Can't I Touch It" are all absolutely wonderful slices of pop punk, with infectious melodies and wonderful instrumental performances abound. The rest of the tracks are still very good ("What Do I Get?" and "Harmony in My Head" espcially), but none are up to par with the best tracks here, and some even annoy, like the awful opener "Orgasm Addict". Still, I can't deny this comp as being the wonderful slice of pop punk that it is.

3.0+

>>68740478
kid a>amnesiac>tkol>amsp>okc>httt>ir>bends>ph
>>
>>68740611
i liked the vocal sample, but i'm glad you still enjoyed it. ambient experimental vaporwave is best vaporwave. sucks the release has such low of a rating.
>>
>>68740611
>>68740913
(on rym i meant)
>>
>>68740499
So Amnesiac? Ngl, that's probably my favorite
>>
>>68740478
kid a is their best (and its not even that good)
>>
>>68741602

>and its not even that good

This triggers the Dogwander
>>
<-- this general
>>
>>68742266
hmm (loudly)
>>
>>68740913
Have you listened to this album? I think you would like it. https://soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/skeleton
>>
>>68742970
i heard one album by him. forget which one tho.
back in 2012, i found his old soundcloud really early on and talked with him a couple times. he was really chill.
>>
pop-punk suxx and if you disagree you're literally immature
>>
can anyone provide with some 80s-90s ambient artists? someone who has lots of good releases to go through.
>>
File: Famous Albums Chart.png (677KB, 1680x834px) Image search: [Google]
Famous Albums Chart.png
677KB, 1680x834px
Parliament - Mothership Connection (1975)
>p-funk

Fun, stupid little funk album. I like what I've heard of Funkadelic more (I've never heard a full album from them, but my dad played them around the house a shitton when I was younger), but this is still a servicable funk album, especially when you think of it as what it is, a fun party album. It's very focused, a rarity for Clinton, mainly because the psych influence of Funkadelic is turned down a lot, making room for more straightforward, synth-heavy hooks and singalong choruses. It occasionally works, like on the classic "Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker)", with the famous "WE GOT THE FUNK!" mantra, but it's sometimes a bit too silly and stupid to be enjoyable in a non-camp manner. That's definitely the aim of the music, but I like my funk a lot more grounded in reality, no matter how stupidly fun outer-space-BDSM-funk might be.

2.5+

also, RIP bernie worrell, the keyboards here are incredible.

>>68743662
ahem >>68740841
>>
>>68744187
how have you not heard atomizer? it's better than songs about fucking by a lot.

fairport convention and murmur are pretty mediocre, you're better off listening to Chronic Town
>>
>>68744222
>how have you not heard atomizer? it's better than songs about fucking by a lot.
good question, it's been on the "to-listen" list in my head forever.

and I'll check out chronic town separately, probably, but I still wanna listen to Murmur. mainly cuz it starts out with my favorite R.E.M. song by a longshot.
>>
>>68744187
aren't you like 12 my point stands
>>
>>68744187

If you don't give that U2 album a 0.5 you have shit taste.
>>
Anyone here into Otomo Yoshihide's work? I've been listening to his jazz stuff quite a bit over the last few days, ONJO particularly. That album has my favorite of his multiple Eureka renditions, and the combination of acoustic and digital instrumentation is really intriguing. I wish I could have seen one his jazz groups live.
>>
>>68744308
fair enough

>>68744310
the first 4 tracks are honestly pretty alright, so idk.
>>
just wanna bump real quick so the thread doesn't die while i'm writing a review aaaa
>>
File: Famous Albums Chart.png (680KB, 1680x834px) Image search: [Google]
Famous Albums Chart.png
680KB, 1680x834px
U2 - The Joshua Tree (1987)
>pop rock, alternative rock

The first four tracks are actually quite great, I'll have to give them that. The first three tracks are pretty, boasting wonderful production work and passionate vocals from Bono, and the fourth track ("Bullet the Blue Sky") is an edgy, passionate post-punk song, balancing serenity and anger perfectly to make for a great track. The rest ranges from decent to poor, to put it bluntly. Most of the tracks follow the same Lanois/Eno-led pseudo-ambient formula of the first three songs, but they're not nearly as memorable or passionate, rather coming across as weak and wimpy. Then there's "Trip Through Your Wires", the band's attempt at a roots/blues rock song, and it's just terrible, obviously. The album's better than a lot of people here give it credit for, but any success this album might have lies only in the power of it's first four tracks

2.0+
>>
>>68745410
Dude, at this point you pretty much are /daily/.
I envy your free time ;-;
>>
>>68745682
I've got about 8 months of this left, then it's off to the real world!
>>
>>68740478
it's actually In Rainbows but the bends is overhated
>>
>>68745526
confirmed shit taste >>68744310
>>
>>68745855
that was confirmed a long time ago bud
>>
>>68745893
fuck you for using the word "bud"
>>
goodnight bump

>>68746112
sorry pal
>>
File: night.png (598KB, 437x736px) Image search: [Google]
night.png
598KB, 437x736px
Got way too drunk at a bar crawl bump
>>
File: 1454224643354.png (810KB, 698x521px) Image search: [Google]
1454224643354.png
810KB, 698x521px
>>
File: loavesingames.jpg (205KB, 970x607px) Image search: [Google]
loavesingames.jpg
205KB, 970x607px
page 10 bump
check my OC
>>
>>68748275
im afraid i have to disagree with you on that one
>>
>>68750034
Cool meme.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (282KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
282KB, 500x496px
>Homoerotic German Music Edition
my kinda thread
>>
File: chart2alt.png (615KB, 1371x1175px) Image search: [Google]
chart2alt.png
615KB, 1371x1175px
Bowser started off really strong but plunged into mediocrity. It's like if Toby Fox made the soundtrack to a pixelated game where you play as Harambe and you have to dab on flipping waterbottles that try to kill you.

From Rotting Fantasylands is a cavalcade of great ideas that are horribly arranged. I mean horribly. The pacing and the synth palate of this album is downright abhorrent.

Nosferatu broke my silent film virginity. It was a pretty good first experience. What it lacks in plot it mostly makes up in excellent tone.
>>
>>68751992
herzog remake is p cool too
>>
File: ArcadeFireReflektor.jpg (16KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
ArcadeFireReflektor.jpg
16KB, 220x220px
this gets ever-so-slightly better every listen-through
>>
Don't bump or the kid gets it.
>>
File: execution.png (2MB, 699x583px) Image search: [Google]
execution.png
2MB, 699x583px
>>68753247
This one I mean.
>>
this is not a bump
>>
>>68752419
Same but with Tame Impala's Currents. That one track is surprisingly good at parties
>>
File: chart2alt.png (627KB, 998x998px) Image search: [Google]
chart2alt.png
627KB, 998x998px
That Neos record is a marked improvement from their debut. It borrows a little more from standard hardcore conventions, and in my opinion it's better for their overall sound.

That Insect Warfare record was quite brutal. 54 tracks in just over 8 minutes. Call me a softie, but this one is just a tad too dry and crass for it's own good. I like my hardcore music to have a little bit of personality and style behind it. The coordination is impressive, but at the end of the day it's just instruments vomiting un-original noisecore phlegm.
>>
shiboast XD
>>
>>68753685
>>68753722
reported for spam
>>
File: me_irl.jpg (23KB, 342x444px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl.jpg
23KB, 342x444px
First trip I like to choose an album from here I will listen to right now.

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/Jangle_Bojangle/wishlist/1
>>
>>68754792
baby huey
NOW
>>
>>68754806
>First trip I like

(jk I'll listen to it <3)
>>
>>68754417
Best poast ITT.
>>
how's it going friends, rec me something
>>
>>68755123
telstar drugs - s/t
>>
File: topsters2.png (1MB, 2365x1640px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
1MB, 2365x1640px
Penguin guide to jazz chart. The whole guide has some amazing picks so I'm hoping to find good stuff in here.
>>
>>68755079

>>68750034
Best toast ITT.
>>
File: babyhuey.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
babyhuey.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
This is what Tim Buckley wishes his post-Starsailor carreer sounded like.
>>
>>68755218
Yeah that guide is pretty dope honestly.

Open Sesame and Four For Trane are both great listens, I'd highly recommend em both. Haven't checked the others out but I'm sure there's some good stuff in there like you said. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these!
>>
File: baby_pigger.jpg (7KB, 236x179px) Image search: [Google]
baby_pigger.jpg
7KB, 236x179px
>>68755218
Hype to hear your opinions so I can add them to my backlog and never have time to listen to them.
;)
>>
>>68755356
>tfw it's his only album
>>68755550
Yeah I ought to listen to Hubbard more, I love his strong tone.
>>68755604
Goin' 2 take it slow as I'll also be listening to a fair deal of black metal this November.
>>
>>68755660
>tfw it's his only album
I wish he recorded some originals before he dun died.
I love his sound, and his vocal ability is astounding, but I value songwriting too much to rank this among my favourites.
Everything about this album is great (especially the band arrangements) but I feel it's not a definitive artistic statement from Huey. There's something about performing your own works that allows a glimpse inside the artists' soul, especially with this type of music.
Fantastic nonetheless, I gib 7/10.
>>
>>68755805
I dunno. The version of "A change is gonna come" in this record is extremely different from Sam Cooke's. Either way it's an incredibly solid record with a lot of replay value, hopefully it'll grow on you.
>I value songwriting too much
You should think about doing that Jacques Brel record in your wishlist sometime, if you can understand French, or at least don't mind looking up translations.
>>
>>68755914
>Jacques Brel
I know, I need to; especially since I'm such a fan of Scott Walker.
My French is pretty bad, but I can probably get the gist & supplement the rest with translations.
>>
>>68755805

>There's something about performing your own works that allows a glimpse inside the artists' soul, especially with this type of music.

This triggers the Hampus.
>>
File: collage.jpg (482KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
482KB, 1250x1250px
i always looked down on revival movements as a yungin but now that it's happening with one of my favorite genres, i'm p happy

Point Oblivion doesn't add anything new to the nu metal canon, it's a genre work, it's pure fanservice, in fact it's pure Linkin Park worship, and i guess their vocalist sounds like Corey a little bit sometimes but that's about it. softLOUD songs, guitars that function more like a string section than a foreground thing, sing/rap choruses, lyrics refusing to detail the abuse of this nameless "you", ykno. well there's one trap song and a few other hints towards that genre sprinkled here and there. they said they picked this tracklist from about a hundred demos and it does sound like it's simple and quick to write songs with this formula
there's an appeal to this other than nostalgic fanservice but i can't put my finger on it. just the fact that something like this can exist again. it's not like they're reappropriating it to be creative. alongside I See Stars turning to LP worship, dozens of small nu bands popping up like Amerakin Overdose, Jynx, Issues, Sheeva, Sylar, Exotype, etc, it basically confirms Jung's/boggle's idea of the collective onconscious. it's that feeling of overcoming being ashamed of yourself for ..something, like an anecdote from hs about something embarrassing you did that comes with it, it's a pretty good feel. i say nostalgia comes with clarity, rather than goggles

new Korn is p alright too, can't say i was too excited about how that was supposed to go back to the roots. i assumed Korn 3 was that already. their roots were way weirder and more eclectic than this. again, nothing new here folks

oh Dope released a new thing and i bought it but i haven't heard it yet
>>
i feel like i'm still reducing it. anyways how was your week? if you're not gonna do the listenalong anymore you should plug at least guys senpai men peeps
>>
Feeling some Syd Barrett today.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1OPt0BmF6QG
>>
File: Freeform Chart.jpg (1MB, 5500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.jpg
1MB, 5500x2500px
>Clipse - We Got It 4 Cheap, Vol 2

This might actually be one of the best mixtapes I’ve ever heard. Holy shit, this is so consistent. It might honestly be on the same level as “Lord Willin”. I’m biased though - Pusha T has one of my favorite flows in all of hip-hop and southern rap is one of my favorite genres out there. The entire Re-Up Gang is actually on here and the lesser known members aren’t too shabby. I’ve always liked Ab-Liva’s features on their albums and Sandman is at least decent. Hell, even Pharrell has some nice verses on here… “Hate It Or Love It” and "What's Up" make me wish he'd rapped more.

Since this is a ‘00s mixtape, there’s only one original instrumental and the rest are famous beats. These dudes did a phenomenal job choosing which beats fit their style though. If I hadn’t recognized a handful of the beats, I would think this was original Neptunes production for the first half. They're a nice mix of heavy and that weird off-kilter style that made The Neptunes famous. The rapping is dope as usual, with Pusha and Malice tearing it up for about an hour.

Cut out a few of the songs with lighter beats, maybe just cut out Sandman (sorry) and this is a potential 5. Definitely worth revisiting, this is one of the best hip-hop projects I’ve heard this month. No idea why I hadn’t checked this out earlier. Right up my alley.

4.5/5
>>
>>68756494
Fuck, I need to fix the formatting on this chart... a little too big.

Anyway...

>Big Star - #1 Record

Heard a lot about this album so I decided to finally give it a listen. This is pretty good for what it is. There’s only so much an artist can do with this style of power pop/pop rock but Big Star manage to make it work. The melodies/harmonies are awesome and the songwriting is solid. On top of that, a fair number of songs on here that could be strong singles so these dudes obviously knew how to craft a catchy song.

That being said, this didn’t really stand out to me in any way in particular. This is cozy, relaxing and entertaining but it doesn’t bring much else to the table. I guess the fact that this was released in ‘72 makes this more impressive though, it doesn’t really feel too defined by one era. Feels fairly timeless in a way.

I think this may grow on me after a few more listens, I need to come back to this again. Maybe I will next week. For now:

3/5
>>
>>68754474
fug
>>
File: week.jpg (395KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
week.jpg
395KB, 1250x1250px
>>68756330
>>68756390
Lots of new stuff, good week

Chvrches was surprisngly much fun, somethign about their style really interests me, still in the end it's just not enugh or something, not that outstanding
Shiggy Jr. was fun, really enjoying japanese pop rock lately

listenalong revival soon maybe
if people are up for it at least
>>
>>68756786
>Chvrches was surprisngly much fun, somethign about their style really interests me, still in the end it's just not enugh or something, not that outstanding
i'd prolly like them had i ever been into Britney Spears and stuff
what's cool about them is that they play that type of pop with a slightly "serious" tone and the relatively wordy yet catchy hook on The Mother We Share, sorta like I Write Sins Not Tragedies but other than that

>really enjoying japanese pop rock lately
so what anime are you watching
>>
>>68757084
>so what anime are you watching
none really
well, I tried FLCL, but meh
>>
>tfw you're selling a freezer online and you get this response
Wtf. I already sold the freezer too.
>>
>>68756420
feeling in the mood for some classic unironic memes myself
http://vocaroo.com/i/s04Hb6Q9a7I2
>>
File: star dance clip.png (166KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
star dance clip.png
166KB, 206x206px
It me.
>>
>>68758498
Holy fuck I'm laffin

>>68758528
"no"
>>
>>68758546
The fuck you know bud?
>>
>>68758339
jesus
>>68758498
h
>>68758528
christ
>>
>>68758564
That the word 'big' is now in this thread 11 times.
>>
>>68758007
Crazy Sunshine has the best riff but that animu took me more than one watch desu, i'll admit i'm completely inexperienced with film and stuff

nip pop rock hmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHeml3DwqBg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WrQeBdCHM0
>>
>>68758647
HOW MANY TIME ZONES?
>>
>>68758647
Big more like Hrbig.
>>
>>68758339
fuck, man
>>
File: 1462643389980.png (232KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1462643389980.png
232KB, 540x304px
soundtracks for losing control over life please
>>
>>68759005
Musical Abortions
>>
>>68758339
holy shit
>>
>>68756786
>Blink 182
>Green Day
>My Chemical Romance
>30 Seconds to Mars
>Sum 41
Holy fuck, why
>>
>>68760075
i know it's hard for /daily/posters to understand why someone would listen to good music over folk or avanttrash but you'll grow out of that
>>
>>68760186
>any of those bands
>good
what
>>
>>68760196
everybody knows dookie is the high point of western musical culture
>>
>>68760075
No mention of Babymetal?
>>
>>68739891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgIygOF5bAs

listen to this and hang some niggers and kikes my american friends
>>
>>68760196

All infinitely better than Les Rallizes Denudes, that's for sure.
>>
>>68760302
that doesnt make them good
: ^ )
>>
>>68760570
! %]
>>
>>68760593
>>68760570
ee))
>>
>>68760720
this is not a face :{}
>>
File: me.jpg (500KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
500KB, 1024x768px
>>68760743
This is not a pipe.
>>
>>68760946
this is not a dream :0
>>
File: folder.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>68760302
low-hanging fruit desu

>>68760968
this is not an erect all red neon body
>>
this is not a shitpost
>>
>>68760743
>>68760946
>>68760968
>>68760992
>>68761036
THIS ISN'T YOUUU YETTTT
WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS SUCH A CONQUESTTT
>>
This is not my beautiful house!
>>
File: 1454760681641.jpg (50KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1454760681641.jpg
50KB, 785x757px
>>68760992

Les Rallizes Denudes and all other edgy pleb mallgoth deserves mockery at every turn desu

Any LRD fans here? I wanna kick your ass.
>>
File: make algerie francaise again.jpg (150KB, 524x750px) Image search: [Google]
make algerie francaise again.jpg
150KB, 524x750px
>>68761247
>>
File: latentcall.jpg (136KB, 579x503px) Image search: [Google]
latentcall.jpg
136KB, 579x503px
>>
This shit is so dead it's sad ;,(
>>
File: 111.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>>68761418
This general should be dead
>>
File: Freeform Chart.jpg (1MB, 5500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.jpg
1MB, 5500x2500px
>Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde (Music From Another World)

This is actually quite an interesting blend of styles here, with shoegaze-y melodies and more metal-influenced riffs. I’ve never really given the whole blackgaze thing a shot, outside of Sunbather and I’m not so big on the vocals on that record. On here, I think the combination is awesome, making this record feel dramatic, slow-burning and melancholic. Definitely a unique sound that I haven’t heard often.

However, this does get old kind of quickly. The average song is about 6.5 minutes and they get a bit tiring, meandering through these lengthy instrumental sections. Part of the beauty of this album is its willingness to venture into these epic sounding, atmospheric passages but that may be the biggest downside. A few of the songs toward the middle start to blend together too much and it gets a bit boring. Kind of the downside to shoegaze in general though.

Pretty solid listen, especially in the background.

3/5
>>
>>68758339
Damn dude, that's intense
>>
R.E.M. - Murmur (1983)
>jangle pop, alternative rock

Jangle pop is a genre I almost always dislike, and R.E.M. is a band that I mostly can't get into, mainly because of Stipe's whiny, wishy-washy vocals, but this is actually pretty good! It's still got a lot of elements I don't like, but it's energetic and urgent, which is something I can't say about anything else this band has ever done. It opens with the best track, the classic "Radio Free Europe", which features a driving rhythm section and some sublimely jangly guitar work. It's everything that jangle pop has always promised to deliver, but that it's always failed to truly deliver on. Everything on this track works perfectly, which is a postive aspect that's lost on the rest of this album's tracks. Most of the rest of the album is carried by the guitar work and the admittedly great pop songwriting chops of Stipe and co., but nothing else really impresses, and the fact that there's nothing else noteworthy about the album makes the good aspects stand out less. What's so good about good songwriting if the vocal delivery is terrible? How good can these guitar hooks be if the production is thin and weak? The positive aspects certainly aren't lost, but they're definitely weakened by the negative characteristics. I can't deny the influence, and I can't deny how damn enjoyable this is at times, but something about the band and this genre as a whole just rubs me the wrong way.

(1/2)
>>
File: Famous Albums Chart.png (686KB, 1680x834px) Image search: [Google]
Famous Albums Chart.png
686KB, 1680x834px
>>68762826
(2/2)

Kanye West - The College Dropout (2004)
>hip hop

Like any Kanye album, the production is astounding but the vocals and lyrics leave a lot to be desired. This might be Kanye's best produced album, save for the majestic My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but his rapping and lyrics are okay at best and flat-out bad at worst. Every single guest here raps circles around him, especially Twista on "Slow Jamz", who takes the great beat and just runs with it, something Kanye simply can't do, he often seems to struggle with the more active, fast-paced beats. The skits are also fucking awful, but that's not really too shocking considering it's a mid-2000s hip hop album. Luckily, especially considering the negative aspects of this album, the production is great. Kanye's soul-based style works perfectly for both the slower, more sensual tracks and the more energetic, bombastic tracks, and the heavy, martial beat of "Jesus Walks" is certainly one of the best hip hop beats of the century so far. An uneven, yet promising debut.

2.5-
>>
>>68762826
>>68762914
what type of high school do you go to that you have all this free time
>>
>>68763046
a completely normal one, this is just what i do with my free time when i'm not with people.

and i listen/re-listen while working pretty often, which should be detrimental to my grades, but I'm doing fine, so fuck it.
>>
>>68763132
i respect that
>>
>>68761437
ur fucking family should be dead lmao
>>
>>68762914
>What's so good about good songwriting if the vocal delivery is terrible?

Funny you say that, Stipe's voice is one of the reasons I like R.E.M so much. I think Murmur is such a fun, lighthearted listen and that his voice works perfectly with the rest of the band.

To each his own, I guess.

Also

>The skits are also fucking awful, but that's not really too shocking considering it's a mid-2000s hip hop album.

I really like College Dropout but I couldn't agree more. Skits are by far my least favorite part of hip-hop. Why so many dudes, especially in this era, decided to pack in like 5 pointless skits per album is beyond me.
>>
>>68758339
offer to sell him some glue instead

>>68763132
>>68763046
yeah high school levels of free time are amazing, its amazing how i still managed to slack off to the point of barely make every deadline looking back
>>
>>68763149
thanks! it's also been a really good couple of months for me, which is why i've been listening to/writing about so much music.

>>68763161
i dunno man, Stipe's vocals have always /really/ grated on me. can't really explain why. respect the hell out of the man though.

and i know! i don't know a single person who even likes skits, they're terrible on their own and they bloat the length of every single album they appear on.
>>
>>68763219
what
i had basically zero free time in high school
>>
>>68763219
>its amazing how i still managed to slack off to the point of barely make every deadline
i can relate, especially since it's my senior year and i just don't give a shit anymore.
>>
File: 1462571732573.jpg (23KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
1462571732573.jpg
23KB, 635x475px
>>68763238
looks like you got fucked in the ass son
>>
>listened to a bunch of library music from kpm from the 60s-early 80s
>enjoyed it
>the well has dried up and once again I'm ambling around for a new music genre/period to listen to

Pretty much everything I've heard outside of a few things has been from the 70s-80s. What came around in the 90s that was really cool to listen to? I'm generally into complex instrumental stuff, even something as rough as The Dillinger Escape Plan's debut is okay for a recommendation. I've heard maybe a dozen or so shoegaze albums, Medicine's "Shot Forth Self Living" was my favorite of the bunch.

I'm leery of anything indie rock, but I'll give anything a try at this point, I need something to listen to.
>>
>>68763240
>and i just don't give a shit anymore
welcome to life, i though that feeling would pass after its all done but so far not a chance
>>
>>68763238
nerd and loser!
>>
>>68756330
T H E H U M A N N E T W O R K

hey i fucking hate music what do you guys think
>>
>>68763697
why do you hate music
>>
>>68763939
you like music?
i think you're in the wrong place bro
>>
File: Famous Albums Chart.png (690KB, 1680x834px) Image search: [Google]
Famous Albums Chart.png
690KB, 1680x834px
Big Black - Atomizer (1986)
>noise rock, post-hardcore

Superior to Songs About Fucking in nearly every single way. That album is honestly nauseating to listen to, I don't think Big Black's sound lends itself well to fast-paced, very distinctly "punky" songs, the dark, heavy, atmospheric sound of this album suits them so much better. There's a lot of intensity here, Albini's guitar sound is almost intrinsically unnerving, it's simultaneously jarringly high-pitched and gut-wrenchingly heavy and it fits the lurchy, slow-burning songs perfectly, "Kerosene" being a particular standout. It loses some steam in the second half with the introduction of some faster-paced songs, and I still think Big Black could benefit with at least some presence of a live drummer (then again, that's basically Rapeman, and I don't like Rapeman), but overall this is a pretty glorious slice of noise rock.

3.0+

>>68763296
y'ever heard Drive Like Jehu's Yank Crime?

>>68763303
i've got a lot to look forward to!
>>
>>68763988

Heard it. Not a fan. Didn't really care for Slint, either.
>>
>>68764186
Be sure to give the Slint EP a chance.
Also some 90s classics:
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Portishead - Dummy
Amon Tobin - Bricolage
>>
>>68764186
ah well. what about shellac?
>>
I WAS ONE OF FIVE MEDICAL RESEARCHERS WORKING AS A TEAM. WE WERE HIRED AS A TEAM. IT WAS A TWO DAY JOB.

>>68764315
>Amon Tobin - Bricolage
seconding
>>
File: Amon Tobin- Bricolage (1997).jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Amon Tobin- Bricolage (1997).jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>68764315

I've not heard anything from Talk Talk yet (although I do know the song "It's My Life"). Portishead's a new one, I'll listen to that. I've heard Amon Tobin's first three albums, he's pretty nice, Stoney Street's a good track.

>>68764348

I've heard Shellac's "At Action Park" album. Didn't like any of the tracks, though.
>>
File: 4133503.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
4133503.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
I was recommended this album a while ago and I absolutely love it. Is there anything else like this, quiet jazzy stuff? (not smooth jazz, just lowkey stuff)
>>
File: wow.png (698KB, 860x540px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
698KB, 860x540px
>tfw watching the it crowd again and I find the source of a hot daily meme
haha oh wow
>>
>>68765162
;^* you're welcome hun
>>
File: update_0.jpg (543KB, 1300x862px) Image search: [Google]
update_0.jpg
543KB, 1300x862px
>>
>>68768621
is that thom?
>>
File: 15.webm (139KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
15.webm
139KB, 640x360px
>>68768647
yes
>>
File: trees and birds are in misery.png (97KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
trees and birds are in misery.png
97KB, 261x193px
>>68764186
Yank Crime more like Wank Crime amiright xd (the meme face is supposed to look pained, as if laughing hurts the very soul)
>>
>tfw poseurcore fags died out

music for this feel, /daily/?
>>
>>68769150
Les Rallizes Dénudés
>>
>>68769183
how about something actually good and more poseur?
>>
>>68769255
>more poseur
>than Les Rallizes Dénudés
impossible
>>
File: henri.jpg (98KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
henri.jpg
98KB, 540x540px
>>68769298
>>68769255
well
>>
File: duccf.jpg (16KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
duccf.jpg
16KB, 480x336px
>>68769255
>>
has anybody seen jimmy jazz
>>
>>68769561
Who's that?
>>
>>68769678
my friend
>>
File: cover.jpg (163KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
163KB, 1024x1024px
>>68763296
really, no one thought of any death metal yet?
>>
>>68769525
musta missed that it was :lit: at first. i retract my no reply, good post
>>
>>68769911
i can always count on you :}
>>
File: folder.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
name 1 (one) record better than this
>>
is there any sort of minimal, avantgarde jazz similar to The Necks - Hanging Garden? i've been listening to loads of ECM and chamber jazz stuff trying to find similar stuff, although it's been great and I've come across some good gems, i haven't found something similar to what they did in that particular album. I've tried other Necks albums but most of them are pretty uninteresting.

>>68769967
come on i could even name 4 (four) records from the same band better than that
>>
>>68770004
try shitty post rock
>>
>>68770004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boeAd9KTc-g
no idea

tell me about those ECM gems
>>
>>68770028
already did, found nothing of substance

>>68770050
hmmm, that sounds nice, will definitely listen to the album

honestly i've just been digging through 70s-90s ECM stuff, heres some of my recent favorites

John Surman & Jack DeJohnette - The Amazing Adventures of Simon Simon
Eberhard Weber - The Colours Of Chloe
Charlie Haden, Jan Garbarek, Egberto Gismonti - Folk Songs

i know garbarek is one of the most famous ECM guys so you probably already have, but you should dig through his discography, he has a pretty consistently good output (or had, i haven't listened to anything he's made in this century)
>>
>>68770094
>Jack DeJohnette
i've heard a p neat one with that guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiZ6YuIrj54
do those amazing adventures also sound like Laughing Stock?
>>
What is the last TRUE black metal you have listened to?
>>
>>68770645
Is the K-ON! soundtrack true black metal?
>>
what does /mu/ think about this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RiJeswrEbw
>>
>>68770801
depends
>HTT
no that's for rugmunchers
>Death Devil
now that's trve

>>68770905
>Down
oh boy 311!
>Original Song
meh
>>
File: confused dog.png (18KB, 210x358px) Image search: [Google]
confused dog.png
18KB, 210x358px
>>68770645
>TRUE
>U
>>
>>68767284
;^*
>>
File: 1476492731194.jpg (214KB, 736x906px) Image search: [Google]
1476492731194.jpg
214KB, 736x906px
Saw Frankie Cosmos, Big Thief, and some dude called Underground River last night. Never listened to Big Thief before, but they had a killer set, so I'm definitely going to check 'em out now.

Frankie Cosmos played a predictably chill set. She was just wandering around the audience in front of the stage before the show and nobody recognized her because she looks like she's 15 or something. Talked with her for a bit though and she was cool. Very down to earth and all that.
>>
File: IMG_1933.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1933.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
Keep forgetting to switch trips

>>68771745
>get the stupid pic off my phone
>snap quality makes it virtually indiscernible
Thats what I get for using snapchat
>>
So what've ya'll been up to, /blog/?
>>
File: Famous Albums Chart.png (696KB, 1680x834px) Image search: [Google]
Famous Albums Chart.png
696KB, 1680x834px
Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief (1969)
>british folk rock

Pretty damn good, a lot more harder-edge than I would've figured and it's all the better because of that fact. It's kinda like Zeppelin's folkier stuff, but done better and with a lot more tact and finesse. It sometimes embodies the "british folk rock" sound a lot more than I'd like it to, getting super flouncy and almost stereotypical, in a way. Luckily, this is kept somewhat to a minimum, making for a damn solid folk rock album.

3.0-

Gene Clark - No Other (1974)
>country rock, singer/songwriter

To parrot a review on RYM, the stretch from "No Other" to "Some Misunderstanding" is extraordinary. It takes country rock to levels I would never expect the genre to go to, incorporating a lot of psych influences and focusing more on soundscaping and atmosphere than anything else. "Some Misunderstanding" is the big stand-out, it's an 8-minute masterpiece of every single genre it encompasses—singer/songwriter, country, psych rock, it's a masterwork no matter how you classify it. For how great all these songs are, the rest isn't all that. It's standard country rock at it's most typical, with twangy guitars and shuffling drum patterns abound. It reminds me a lot of Clark's former bandmate Gram Parson's first record, which I don't care for all that much. An album full of Clark's psycedelic space country sound would be perfect, but he's gotta bog down this greatness with some typical, hokey country songs.

3.0-

>>68771877
well i got uninvited from a party bc by girlfriend wasn't going and the host just assumed we were a package deal so that's been my weekend so far
>>
File: njamm.png (886KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
njamm.png
886KB, 1400x1400px
https://andoptions.bandcamp.com/album/brawl
got a new record up. it's made mostly out of smash bros brawl samples. it's minimal techno, with emphasis on minimalism. seriously, if you're not into repetition, don't listen. you won't like it.
<3
>>
File: its media.jpg (698KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
its media.jpg
698KB, 1417x1417px
oh yeah
this came out
thoughts?
>>
>>68774048
sdc and cuntcubed need to change their names, i vote cuntcubed changes his or hers because sdc was here first
>>
>>68773731
what the fuck is that cover
>>
>>68774240
He already did though.
>>
>>68770094
>jazz
>substance
lol
>>
File: cover.jpg (859KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
859KB, 1400x1400px
do you find this chest attractive? i do.
>>
Hey you goons I'm doing a spooky ass Halloween show in 20 min!!
http://wmwc.umwblogs.org/listen-here/
Haven't had time to post recently cause of festivities/midterm papers
After Monday tho, back on the ball
>>
File: Freeform Chart.png (882KB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.png
882KB, 4000x2000px
[1/2]

>The Microphones - Mount Eerie:

I’m not so sure why it took me so long to get to this release, it’s really fucking good. I usually hate when people use this term - but it’s raw. It builds on what sound like tape manipulation or something and utilizes a whole host of different musical elements. Track I starts with a really droney influence, builds by adding tribal drums and doesn’t get the actual lyrics until about of 3/4 the way through. Yet it works really well. He also adds in samples from nature, like water ripples and even a thunderstorm on some of the tracks. But it doesn’t seem pretentious or anything either, it’s just Phil doing his thing.

Though this isn’t very high energy, it still feels cathartic. Like The Glow, the key elements are Phil’s nervous/whiney voice and the awesome production techniques. I like how he creates this lo-fi atmosphere and balances it with more epic elements, like trumpets and an occasional backing choir. The more I listen to The Microphones, the more I start to enjoy the production. The drums have this almost crunchy (? God that’s a terrible description) quality and the distortion/guitar feedback are always used at the best moments. There’s actually an interview where he talks about his production process and how he gives his albums such a unique sound… I just wish I could find it.

Anyway, this is a really fucking good album. Definitely need to be in a certain mood to enjoy it though.

4+/5
>>
>>68776896

[2/2]

>DJ Paul & Juicy J - Vol 3, Spring Mix

It took me fucking forever to get a decent version of this. Every DL I found was either miserable low-fi/completely blown out or incomplete. Even Datpiff’s semi-official DL was fucked up and had the wrong tracklisting. Finally got a halfway decent version today. Shows that DJ Paul should remaster/re-release some of this stuff, even though it thrives off a lo-fi atmosphere.

Man, these dudes are such good producers. I’m convinced that you could give DJ Paul virtually any music sample and he would flip it into something eerie. The beats on here are obviously the focus, as they’re hypnotizing, dark and addicting. Classic Three Six/Memphis shit. The beat on “You Try to Run” in particular is just ridiculously good. The synths on here are absolutely killer and there’s so many little layers on top of the drums. And like most Three Six releases from this era, the lyrics are really only in here to add to the atmosphere. But there’s a handful of decent verses on here.

This was really solid, definitely worth all the searching.

3.5/5
>>
File: Eureka.jpg (340KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Eureka.jpg
340KB, 900x900px
>>68775902
not much
do you find this chest attractive? i do.
>>
>>68776929
care to share the non shit quality copy of this? I run into the same problem
>>
File: Freeform Chart.png (982KB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.png
982KB, 4000x2000px
Boy this thread is dead. Bumping it back to life.

>Dead - Musical Abortions

Sometimes it’s nice to listen to a tape like this to appreciate other music. To remember what happens when absolutely everything goes against your usual taste. This tape is just pure chaos, with incoherent, groaning vocals and grinding/screeching guitars and awful recording quality. This is too lo-fi and too chaotic, even at 18 minutes.

Though I will admit, I respect the fact that these guys went all out. This is just hardcore punk hyped up so much that it’s basically noise. Not my style at all. I look forward to the fact that I'll never have to listen to this again.

1/5
>>
>>68777356
Sure! Here's the DL I ended up using:

https://mega.nz/#!slQhRT7a!tDWQd8OmdG1I6bJ-TEhqFY5tVQsxryPj2BLCcraVybs

"You Try To Run" is mislabeled as "Killa" but other than that, it's fine.
>>
>>68777432
thanks mane
>>
File: I. - EP.jpg (122KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
I. - EP.jpg
122KB, 700x700px
>>68777157
not much do you find this chest attractive? i do.
>>
Alright guys? Been a while. finally got a new computer so I should start posting again.

>>68776223
always forget about this and miss the first half can i get a tracklist or something?
>>
>>68777787
i would if his head wasn't replaced with a dick
>it's tiny
>it's cut too
yeah nah
>>
>>68778007
>

oh who got
>>68777777
btw? Better not be kpop again
>>
>>68777805
>>68777805
Yeh ofc
It was mostly just surf and novelty songs today so be warned

The daringers - the morgus creep
The Howlers - the rayon mortel
Blast - Damned flame
October country - my girlfriend is a witch
The tarantulas - tarantula
The wild tones - Martian band
The rats - rat's revenge part 1
The black albinos - ghost party
Ralph Nielsen and the chancellors - scream
The one way streets - jack the ripper
The moontrekkers - night of the vampire
Los saicos - cementerio
The driving stupid - horror asparagus stories
Horror Charly - horror horror dance
The phantom - last ride
The Deadly ones - it's monster surfing time
Mother Sunday - midnight in the graveyard
Jim messina and the jesters - strange man
Merv Griffin- house of horrors
Salem mass - witch burning
>>
File: Honeymoon-On-Mars-Cover-Packshot.jpg (300KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Honeymoon-On-Mars-Cover-Packshot.jpg
300KB, 1417x1417px
lmao even I'm not gonna try to defend this.

Even though everyone and their mother hated Citizen Zombie, it's strange, yet catchy and sometimes angular melodies are what made it a keeper for me.

The major difference here is the little annoying tidbits that found themselves on songs on CZ are usually the driving parts of the song. Pretty much nothing redeemable about this other than the first two tracks and the single "zipperface". I could totally see this being someone who didn't like post punk's 1/5 or .5/5 desu. If you need to balance out you curve try this one out.

>>68773731
me i did
>>
>>68773731
well citizen zombie sucked ass but y sucked even more, so i don't know why anyone would have hope for them at this point
>>
File: 1475854427683.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1475854427683.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>68779311
>but y sucked even more
>>
>>68778411
>>68779311
>>68779699
TRIIIIIIIPLE (3X) DUBS xD xD
>>
File: Steve.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Steve.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>68779311
>y sucked
>>
File: topsters2 (7).jpg (552KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (7).jpg
552KB, 1680x1680px
post fie by fies
>>
I'm actually more tired of entertainers cashing in on this election than I am of the election itself
>>
>>68780032
post fielist
>>
>>68780032

How was that new Bum Tickley? Was your bum ticked?
>>
File: collage (1).jpg (521KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage (1).jpg
521KB, 1250x1250px
>>68780032
Pretty decent week. A lot poppier than usual for some reason
>>
>>68780032
like 5x5s of recently listened shit?
>>
>>68779967
cuz bad
>>
>>68780099
Very good. Great stripped down folk reminiscent of his '67 Folklore Centre live album.
Just him and his guitar singing his heart out in the studio. A few songs are a little shitty recording, but the unreleased and 'in-working' tracks on this album make it essential for any Buckley fans, especially if you like Goodbye and Hello.
I gave it a 7/10 just because it doesn't really stand alone as an album; but fuck is it good stuff, and I'm very glad they released it.
>>
>>68780225
Like last.fm or whatever the hip kids are using these days.
I don't like things tracking me so I manually make them. It's the last 25 albums I've heard and I just keep going around replacing as I hear new shit. Makes it much easier for vinyl/CD additions.
Listening to McTell right now.
>>
File: why.jpg (375KB, 1250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
375KB, 1250x1000px
>>68780032
just realizing California isn't as good as I once thought :/

New pop group sucked too, but everything else here is solid.

Anyone who hasn't heard this B2S Live really needs to.
>>
File: collage.jpg (1MB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
1MB, 1250x1250px
>>68780032
I'll post artists as usual cause albums are too damn messy

You liking Y?
>>
>>68780441

How often do you listen to that Fishmans album? Daily?
>>
>>68780507
in my prime I listened to it pretty much every other day. Probably at least once a week now.

what do you think of it?
>>
>>68780548

It's good, though I don't really get into it until the second half.
>>
>>68780467
Y a good.

>>68780507
Lmao, I had the same question typed out.
>>
>>68778257
Thanks. I like surf anyway so I'll give it a listen.
>>
>>68780621
good.
>>
>>68780301
Hrm. I don't really keep track of that kind of thing. Been listening to a lot of Swans and Butthole Surfers recently though. Early Swans is amazing workout music.
>>
File: blacktober.jpg (681KB, 2028x1128px) Image search: [Google]
blacktober.jpg
681KB, 2028x1128px
Blacktober done!

Any suggestions for November?
>>
>>68780779
sounds posur, i approve
>>
>>68780867

Edgy /dark/ music
>>
>>68780867
fishmans november!!!

or this actually >>68780891 though october coulda been a cool time for that too
>>
>>68780913

Fishmans should be December so that you can listen to the live album on the 28th
>>
>>68780891
can /dark/ even into mallcore?
>>
File: Slickfish.jpg (73KB, 770x767px) Image search: [Google]
Slickfish.jpg
73KB, 770x767px
>>68780938
not a bad idea desu

may do a fishmans mass-review soon, so I'd maybe even consider this
>>
>>68780992

Guy on the right looks like Hiro
>>
;_;
>>
File: 1460035793906.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1460035793906.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
>>68781028
>>
File: yumyum.jpg (64KB, 960x796px) Image search: [Google]
yumyum.jpg
64KB, 960x796px
>>68781028
>>
>>68781028
>>
>>68781047
>>68781124
>>68781215
OwO
>>
bump

what the fuck guys
>>
File: 1477856974571.jpg (240KB, 800x811px) Image search: [Google]
1477856974571.jpg
240KB, 800x811px
>>68780867
christmas compilations and oratoreos
>>
You remember I used to do homoerotic gods of /mu? God I put a lot of effort into a place that treated me like shit
>>
>>68782649
i dont, whats that
>>
>>68780186
>sondre, modest mouse, slowdive, zappa
how are we not best friends by now, wooly?

also sondre has covered Big Star and it's great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOcWSChmi5E
>>
>>68780867
do a bunch of themed weeks
>>
>>68783122
i've grown an appreciation for ol' sondre but elliott still does thirteen better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZZWtLch1g0
>>
>>68783122
>>68783151
was just about to post the e smith cover. Was just listening to New Moon and being all sad and shit today.
>>
>>68783151
heard that, also a really good cover. its a wonderful song.
>>
File: 30 OCTOBER.jpg (2MB, 1680x2048px) Image search: [Google]
30 OCTOBER.jpg
2MB, 1680x2048px
all caught up! whew!
execpt for those two from shamepai and transy cos they didnt follow instructions and I couldnt find the albums

and blonde, but that's bonus
>>
>>68783162
i was listening to XO a lot today night driving with my gf, it suits the mood well.

>>68783241
glad you liked Blackout and Kreng! what are your thoughts on Pyramid Electric Co?
>>
>>68783291
i'd heard jason molina before (on SSHX's legendary tournament-and-rake winning mixtape), and I like his songs alright, but his voice gets on me. it's not offensive, just boring to me.
>>
>>68783241
odyshape > s/t

also marlboro man hype
>>
>>68783345
oh man, his voice is my favorite part of his music!

to each his own, i guess.
>>
>>68783388
I really thought i'd hate it, since post-punk, but the stylistic range was so broad and eclectic- it's like some fucking weird folk album almost
>>
>>68783122
>how are we not best friends by now
:)

Also this cover is really nice. I'll have to check out more by Sondre cause I've only heard his s/t
>>
File: sondre lerche flowchart.png (1MB, 2616x2816px) Image search: [Google]
sondre lerche flowchart.png
1MB, 2616x2816px
>>68783528
>I'll have to check out more by Sondre cause I've only heard his s/t

as it happens...
>>
File: temp.png (113KB, 1680x1757px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
113KB, 1680x1757px
here's the template in case anyone is doing a november calendar! you'll have to edit the dates to be on the right days, but you'll be very cool
>>
>>68783973
Holy shit, a calendar!
>>
File: owl2.gif (989KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
owl2.gif
989KB, 480x270px
>>68784125
yeah man, i'm bringing them back! see >>68783241
>>
>>68783855
Awesome, thanks man!
>>
>>68784141
I think I'll do one in the coming months. I had a lot of fun with them, but they've always been a massive time sink.
>>
>>68784218
no problem, woolyfriend

>>68784237
I can't wait to see it!
the only timesink is making the damn thing, after that it's pretty doable. and hey, you could pull albums from here >>68784056 , make it easy deciding what to listen to ;)
>>
>>68783973
i think i'll do a proper calendar to get back into the swing of posting here

rec me something if you wish
>>
>>68782695
It was when chan had a policy of getting press by upsetting female personalities. I hadn't been here long so I started posting sexy male pin-ups to even the balance out a bit
>>
>>68784426
yay
young fathers- tape one
thorr's hammer- dommedagsnatt
geinoh yamashirogumi- ecophony gaia
>>
>>68784503
thanks. already like young fathers but i'll give the other two a look.
>>
what do i rec a girl who's into shit like sufjan and car seat headrest and unknown mortal orchestra besides suicide
>>
>>68784873
literally sondre
>>
>>68784873

The Gerogerigegege
>>
>>68784873
allo darlin'
beat happening
belle and sebastian
pavement
ariel pink
elliott smith

and >>68784890
>>
>>68784873
sun kil moon
smog
even oxen :3
the gerogerigegege
nick drake
daniel johnston
supreme dicks
>>
File: Famous Albums Chart.png (702KB, 1680x834px) Image search: [Google]
Famous Albums Chart.png
702KB, 1680x834px
Novos Baianos - Acabou chorare (1972)
>MPB, samba

Really fun, expressive music. The instrumental performances on here are consistently wonderful, the guitar playing is technical and emotive, while the percussion fits the songs perfectly. The vocal performances are sublime, alternating between the bands three vocalists with ease. The acoustic songs are a bit one-note, regarding both the sound and the structure of all the tracks, but the electric, psychedelic sounds are consistently innovative, not to mention a fucking blast to listen to.

3.0+

The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde (1992)
>west coast hip hop, boom bap, jazz rap

A bit too silly for my tastes, frankly. The production is pretty great, it's very Tribe-esque. Not quite at the same level, but it executes the chill, jazzy vibe perfectly. The MCs and the lyrics are a different story. Not only are they irritatingly stupid at times, but they don't fit the smooth, chilled-out production at all, their hyperactive, humorous style would fit so much better with production that suits it. Their flows are good, but nearly an hour of this near-joke rapping gets fucking irritating, and it definitely takes away from how good the beats are. The instrumentals on the deluxe edition are really good, which only confirms my point that the vocals detract from the quality of this album immensely.

2.5+
>>
File: Fishgang.jpg (95KB, 770x971px) Image search: [Google]
Fishgang.jpg
95KB, 770x971px
this is like the 3rd page 10 bump this thread lmao

I'm ready for it all to be over
>>
>>68785415
idk if that kind of person would be super about Supreme Dicks
>>
Yeah okay /daily/ get your shit together
>>
>>68788756
I think we're done here.

Pack it up boys.
>>
>>68788785
Post Grimes :D
>>
>>68783345
SHIT taste
>>
>>68780867
Technovember!
Noise-vember!
Ars novamber!
Bossa Novamber!
>>
>>68780867
No(wa)vember
>>
>>68780867
Grimesvember :)
>>
>>68755805
Beautiful post
>>
>>68771745
That's exactly what I imagine frankie Cosmos to be like. So not pretentious and cool that she's just part of the audience. I really liked her newest album too, it's racked up a lot of replays because of it's brevity and catchiness
>>
>>68784873
Lesser Matters and Colossal Youth if she's a cool chick
>>
>>68790766
Yeah she honestly doesn't do much to make herself stand out from the soft indie rock pack, but she's not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

plus she is chill irl
>>
>>68787385
idk, my local record shop owner introduced me when i mentioned sufjan and i was hooked, it is a bit of a jump in experimentation i guess
>>
File: relisten chart 2.png (2MB, 2244x1372px) Image search: [Google]
relisten chart 2.png
2MB, 2244x1372px
Swans - The Seer
It's quite amazing, I think the band has a potential to become one of my favorites. I can't help but be in awe of what they're doing so far.

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King
I needed exactly that. I heard the album several times before, but I don't remember enjoying it as much as I do now, it's quite incredible the way it fits so perfectly in current mood.
>>
im spooked
>>
File: daily.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
daily.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
<-- THIS GENERAL
>>
File: Cover.jpg (522KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
522KB, 1000x1000px
wtf this isn't v good
>>
File: dead.jpg (26KB, 199x300px) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
26KB, 199x300px
This could be us but you're playing.
>>
>>68796407
No, I'm not "playing". Must be you who is "playing".
>>
>>68795511
shut up
>>68795548
shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>68796407
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE
>>
>>68797405
Make me nerd.
>>
Jangle
>>
>>68796407
ha ha
>>
File: 1446883001627.jpg (49KB, 372x364px) Image search: [Google]
1446883001627.jpg
49KB, 372x364px
any of u fellas doing nbbmn
>>
>>68797666
No Back-Bone Monday Night?
>>
File: Bach composting the WTC.png (214KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
Bach composting the WTC.png
214KB, 500x393px
aw yea satan trips
>>68797687
nothing but bach memes november
>>
>>68797666
>NBBMN
>satanic trips
Well now I kind of feel like I ought to, even if I'm not a fan
>>
>>68797666
S P O O K E D
>>
File: mem.png (128KB, 220x303px) Image search: [Google]
mem.png
128KB, 220x303px
>>68797750
my kind of november
>>
>>68797763
I know it's my duty now.
>>68797803
sry friend
>>
File: 1471123691334.png (520KB, 566x548px) Image search: [Google]
1471123691334.png
520KB, 566x548px
>>68797875
nice pic may I save it
>>
>>68797913
No, it's mine.
But you can have this.
>>
File: NBBMN 2016.png (2MB, 3188x1988px) Image search: [Google]
NBBMN 2016.png
2MB, 3188x1988px
>>68797666
ye. Here's my list (but I'll never have enough time...)
>>
>>68797996
so can you explain why the bear to background ratio does not grow when moving away from the center
>>
File: 1440136340746.jpg (271KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1440136340746.jpg
271KB, 960x960px
>>68798015
Look nice. I haven't heard much but deathspell and urfaust are cool. I haven't made a chart yet though I have a bunch of stuff downloaded, I'm waiting for the threads to start and ask for recs here and there as well.
>>68797996
Pretty informative, really made me think.
>>
>>68798038
I don't think you understood the graph :(
>>
>>68798170
that's why I'm asking about it you doof, I demand answers
>>
>>68798213
It's about bears as in animals.
You should really get a rest now, if not for your own good.
>>
>>68798313
I got that you scrub, did you even understand my question?
>>
>>68798120
So far I've heard Leviathan, Behexen and Mütiilation and my favorite was the latter. You should hear it if you haven't yet.
>>
>>68798351
wow, no need to get rude, jsut because you don't understand basic meta-animals
>>
>>68798411
There's a need to get rude if someone is dodging your serious questions. I'm done with you anyway though, I'll never admit your authority on animal theory.
>>
Is there any artist in the last ten years that sounds even vaguely like Front 242?
>>
>>68798366
Yeah I'm thinking of revisiting legions noires stuff this November.
Nice digits btw.
>>
>>68798546
i listened to some song on youtube and the vocals kinda reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z-RCTFKiMc
probably not what you're looking for tho
>>
is this thread a blatant copy of /gmg/ or
>>
>>68798715
copy of literally what
>>
>>68798740
Good Morning Good
>>
>>68798774
yes, hello!
>>
File: 6892.jpg (91KB, 225x314px) Image search: [Google]
6892.jpg
91KB, 225x314px
>>68798793
Having a good day are ya, friend?
>>
>>68798813
no :( but i always try to be kind!
>>
>>68798740
/gay music general/ you newfag
>>
>>68798901
lol
at least i can read
>>
>>68798901
You mean /daily/?

>>68798840
Well that's nice of you :)
Hang in there bud it gets better :))
>>
>>68778411
just noticed yo trip. Don't know if I shall dismiss your opinion right away, I probable should, but I'm gonna listen to this anyway
>>
>>68799520
yeah it's probably smart to just ignore me desu. I honestly have no clue what I'm talking about 99% of the time.
>>
come on the plug
>>
>>68799547
it's a shame cause you're actually really cool
>>
>>68799969
>you're actually really cool
Was this supposed to be quoted to me?
>>
>>68800173
No.You're cool too piggybank don't worry
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.