[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I posted this yesterday but it got very few replies,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: caretaker.png (215KB, 533x488px) Image search: [Google]
caretaker.png
215KB, 533x488px
Hey guys, I posted this yesterday but it got very few replies, so I'm posting it again. I have this new idea for a general that we could have. The general is called /gotw/, or "genre of the week." Here's what happens in the threads:
>A thread is made in which people vote on the genre, once the thread starts to die a poll is made voting on what the genre of the week is
>The most popular genre wins and is the genre of the week.
>This week is dedicated to listening to music in that genre, whether it be in a listen-along format, in a way similar to /daily/ with tourneys and topsters charts and whatnot, or just listening to whatever you want in the genre
>Discussion on the genre is sparked, possibly leads to more people being introduced to the genre
>Once the week ends, we do it again
Would you enjoy being involved in this? Shit idea? Should I tweak it? Pic unrelated obviously.
>>
"no"
>>
Yeah that'd be cool
>>
>>68317492
"no"
>>
>>68317492
In theory a good idea but I don't think it would realistically work here
>>
ayy this guy know whats up with dat blunt in his mouth yea boi
>>
Try that on reddit
>>
>>68317529
Yeeeeeahhhhhh booooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>>
>>68317521
agreed, any semblance of an ordered discussion won't work here
>>
>>68317492
Actually a good idea. Could encourage more discussion on this board and maybe lead some people to listen to new music.
>>
>>68317521
>>68317551
I think encouraging discussion could improve the quality of the board just by populating the catalog with more threads that are actual discussion instead of the the normal garbage
>>
>>68317521
>>68317560
OP here, I can see both sides of the coin here. I think it may work for a while and then either die out or turn into jerk off festival like daily has
>>
>>68317601
yeah but you gotta have trips and actual organized threads
oh shit it reddit idea
>>
OP here again, maybe I'll give it a try and if it's a success I'll keep doing it
>>
>>68317601
sure, and I suggest you try, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work
>>
Just start threads about music you like you fucking mongs.

If anyone else here likes it, they'll reply, if not it will die, its not complicated.
>>
good idea, would like
>>
This could work, go for it
>>
>>68317492
can we vote on first genre?
>>
>>68319381
Sure
>>
>>68317492
Good idea, but I think the idea should be used to explore less well known or fringe genres. I mean who wants to listen to a bunch of popular shoegaze or post-hardcore records for the millionth time. Get people out of their comfort zone and explore some weird and wonderful stuff.
>>
File: 14020232.png (891KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
14020232.png
891KB, 900x900px
OP here Let's Start with the weird frontier?
>>
my ass is bleeding
>>
>>68319587
I'd be up for that.
>>
>>68319587
I'm actually OP, and I'd be up for that, I might change it to "experimental electronic" so there's less limits though. Give me some time and I'll make the sticky, & thread
>>
>>68319692
Actually I'm gonna make it IDM, I think that covers the weird frontier and it's more specific
>>
>>68319937
idm does not cover like most of them lol
>>
>>68319986
I think experimental electronic isn't specific enough, should I do it anyway?
>>
>>68319587
What's their actual genre? "The Weird Frontier"?
>>
>>68320019
just call it the weird frontier because thats like the only thing that really joins them together

there's artists who fit the experimental electronic tag way more accurately and grouping them together will lead to a shit show
>>
>>68320095
mixture of sampling,art pop,grunge,post punk,musique concrete,midi / sequencer and postmodernism
>>
Thread starters should just choose the genre, if we voted wed get the same genres over and over again.
Or just include different genres for each poll
>>
Try it OP, you're doing more to improve this board then the rest of these losers.
>>
>>68320300
I was thinking about creating a pastebin of all the genres we had throughout the year so we don't have them again until the next year
>>68320240
I think I'm just going to pick ambient, 3/4 of the artists in that image made ambient/ambient inspired music, and the weird frontier seems to limit the amount of artists they can check out
>>
>>68321036
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.