[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 12am Topic.png (114KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
12am Topic.png
114KB, 418x455px
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.
10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 45
Nights since last BNM: 1

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member)
https://mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Charles Bradley Diagnosed With Stomach Cancer
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV and Steve Hauschildt.
-/p4k/ forever
>>
>>68288558
This thread rejects the rape culture hysteria of Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al.

200+ reply thread: >>68248784
>>
This thread stands by & supports Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al
>>
>>68288707
>>68288942
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
>>
>listen to the new bruno mars
>listen to the new one republic
>listen to the new john legend
>listen to the new lady gaga
>p4k
>>
>>68288995
The right thing
>>
File: cover.jpg (79KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
79KB, 497x500px
What's everyone listening to?
>>
are there any major releases left this year, bar a surprise album from LCD Soundsystem or something? Any AOTY seems disappointing at this point
>>
File: 51i-h9zy5OL.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51i-h9zy5OL.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>68290025
>>
File: Engravings.jpg (1MB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
Engravings.jpg
1MB, 945x945px
>200+ over the last two nights
>less than 10 tonight
such is /p4k/

>>68290025
pic related
>>
NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Moses Sumney 7.4 by Marcus J. Moore
Phish 5.3 by Sam Sodomsky
Phantogram 5.8 by Zoe Camp
The Caretaker 7.3 by Brian Howe
>>
holy fuck p4k reviewed a phish album
>>
is new phantogram any good?
>>
Why did they review Phish for the first time ever?

Also, when is the Tycho review coming? They going for a delayed pan like local natives?
>>
>>68290778
i could have sworn they reviewed them before (Round Room), but either i'm wrong or it's one of those old reviews they deleted and didn't backup
>>
>>68290663
Forest Swords is tight. What would you recommend that's similar?

Also, almost no responses cause there were so many BNM days in a row, it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>68290836
They deleted reviews? Knew they changed scores.
>>
I am not surprised by that Phantogram review at all, the singles weren't interesting
>>
>>68290451
We never know if there's gonna be an unexpected masterpiece...
>>
Damn, I knew Phantogram had fallen off the table since their last one, but 3rd billed interview at this point? Harsh.

Also, is there seriously a post about Bruno Mars announcing his album? Fuck Pitchfork...
>>
>>68290451
I thought James Murphy said there was definitely a new album coming?

Also, maybe Grizzly Bear? Dirty Projectors might release something before the end of the year?

AMSP is a solid AOTY at any rate though.
>>
File: beachblue.png (697KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beachblue.png
697KB, 1920x1080px
>>68290025
>>
File: EGG EYES.jpg (16KB, 330x417px) Image search: [Google]
EGG EYES.jpg
16KB, 330x417px
>>68291100
>being into such ass-backwards music scenes that your greatest hope is for buzzbands from 2009 to dethrone your AOTY, which is by a buzzband from the 90s
>>
>>68291075
Pretty sure they sold out by me and toured a bunch as big grams. Maybe fell off musically but not with popularity
>>
File: IMG_4981.png (1MB, 927x999px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4981.png
1MB, 927x999px
>>68291138
>using the terms "scenes" or "buzzbands" unironically
>"Radiohead is a buzzband"
>>
>>68291159
>such a newfag that he can't recognize buzzband as a funny relic of 2009 and Hipster Runoff, just like Dirty Projectors and Grizzly Bear are funny relics of 2009
>>
>>68291100
eh, it's not in the top 3 Radiohead albums for me
>>
>>68291144
Well yes you're right there, they're more popular now than they ever have been. Shit, the first time I ever heard of them was when I thought they were people working at The Basement in Columbus trying and failing to hang up their projector curtain for a solid half an hour before they opened for The Antlers back in 2010 (sidenote: fuck I'm old.)

But yeah they definitely blew up. I knew about Big Grams and forgot about the Skrillex thing, but eww, I didn't know they collab'd with Miley Cyrus last year. :/
>>
>>68291184
>implying I don't know about Hipster Runoff

I'm not even going to touch the concept of Grizzly Bear or DPs being buzzbands either.
>>
>Hipster Runoff

fucking triggered REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>68291223
>bands that peaked at the same time as Dov Charney's PR and personal wealth
>not buzzbands

and yes i believe that you know about Hipster Runoff because you probably read about it from Meaghan Garvey last year
>>
>>68291188
Hmm, it might honestly be their best IMO. It's basically everything I've ever wanted from a Radiohead album.

I can see the opposing argument, if only because their discography is so hard to top in the first place. Lowest I could place it would be 4th though (behind OKC/Kid A/IR)
>>
>>68291257
>Yellow House and Shields don't exist
>neither does Swing Lo Magellan

Done acknowledging you, bye.
>>
Anybody Joyce Manor here
>>
>>68290451
NxWorries has a real dark horse shot
Maaaaaybe a new Pandy Bear
>>
>>68291344
Dubs says someone does
>>
>>68290887
Listen to Darkside obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKAYjOmG6w

Holy Other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icncbS5dAHE

Balam Acab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNvrOiQZP-0

and Laurel Halo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0DUUH9bjcM
>>
When is the Tycho review?
>>
>>68291275
find me one person who gives a fuck about those albums who wasn't around for Veckatimest and Bitte Orca dropping.
>>
>>68291393
I wasn't into the indie scene at the time, I care.
>>
>>68291344
I liked their EP from back right before their first full length dropped, haven't heard any of their LPs yet though. I liked that at the time, though.
>>
>>68291393
>>68291401
There you go, carles jr.
>>
>>68291401
if you've been on /mu/ since you started getting into music, you don't count
>>
>>68291426
We talkin bout their new full length Cody droppin 2 hours ago BOY
>>
>>68291381
Already knew darksides awesomeness but thanks for the others! Always looking for music like this to focus at work to
>>
File: disgusted.png (406KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.png
406KB, 500x493px
>>68291456
I got into those albums before I came to /mu/, just admit people sometimes like music you dont autist
>>
>>68291467
Just making sure about Darkside, everyday is a day someone could discover darkside
>>
>>68291456
>Change rules to prove muh point

Lel
>>
>>68291486
I wish they released more. Sirens and space are good but Nicolas Jaars best stuff is Darkside
>>
>>68291462
Oh nice, I remember hearing about that a couple months back, I'll have to give it a spin here
>>
>>68290960
Even their last one was pretty shit in spite of the fact that Black Out Days and Fall In Love were like 9/10 singles.

(I know I'll get blasted for saying that, but I really fucking like that poppy Portishead sound they were doing for a while there.)
>>
Pitchfork is dead. Why do you bother. Especially after they gave AE a sub 9
>>
>>68291696
bin laden is dead, and /p4k/ is alive
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.