[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLPFEMTORPG: Scheduling Woes Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: FEMTO RPG 2.5 CORE.jpg (181KB, 385x969px) Image search: [Google]
FEMTO RPG 2.5 CORE.jpg
181KB, 385x969px
>2 0 Rules
goo gl/GZeKHu
>2 0 Multiclasses
goo gl/3Gzb5Z

>1 4 rules
goo gl/jyvXV
>1 4 Multiclasses
goo gl/6Tvgb

>Expanded Racials 3 5 (New Release!)
goo gl/LdJNFf

>OP Image:
goo gl/IpKEC
>optional dice-bot script
http://jsbin com/amemah/latest

>ooc chat
http://cytu be/r/Pretendhorse_Playhouse
>Alternate Chat
http://cytu be/r/mlprpg
This is where everyone is! Stop by and say hi!

>IRC:
Channel is #MLPRPG
Host is Rizon
http://client01 chat mibbit com/?channel= is the recommended client No downloads needed! Its all browser based!
>>
File: soul16.jpg (38KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
soul16.jpg
38KB, 500x414px
Calling sheets for the 16th session of Soul Quest
>>
File: 550ab4_6375996.jpg (77KB, 540x602px) Image search: [Google]
550ab4_6375996.jpg
77KB, 540x602px
>>30877143
https://pastebin.com/Rj4K62PK
>>
>>30877143
https://pastebin.com/vmNuu4iS

Fixer's brow furrows as the princess mentions any danger the homeworld was in. "Er, not in any current danger," he says, "But rather an imminent one based on this world's status. At least how I recall."
>>
>>30877143
https://pastebin.com/VZEJvkbs
>>
File: kachina's room.jpg (101KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
kachina's room.jpg
101KB, 736x550px
Alexis: 7/2
>Glavo: Fire / Sildo: Verdant Charm / Ilo: X
Pain: 5/2
>Glavo: Ogre Knight / Sildo: Flower / Ilo: Ogre
>Inured from Slashing for 5 turns
Aether: 5/4
>Glavo: Water / Sildo: Earth Elemental / Ilo: X
Fixer: 5/3
>Glavo: Lesser Canine / Sildo: Water / Ilo: Ogre

Previous thread: >>30828101

>Last time on Soul Quest, our heroes had successfully managed to defeat the terrifying pair of Gold Horns and Silver Horns, and using the keys collected from them and the High Shaman, were able to break open the barrier that kept Kachina trapped and free the Unicorn of the North.
>The Princess introduced herself and revealed that she, unlike the rest of the denizens of the island, was aware of Equestria where the heroes hailed from, and even recognized Pain Train personally. After a brief exchange, Kachina had led out the wrestler and his manager to free her dragons from control, and upon doing so went back into the castle to meet with Fixer, Aether, and Alexis in her chambers so that she might learn more of why they had come, and to answer any questions about Tetra they may possess.

>>30877149
As you make yourself more comfortable, Kachina shakes her head. "Well, yes and no... most things that are part of the Cycle do die, eventually. But they always come back. And it's a different league entirely in the cases of ponies like us, we're Immortal," she points to herself, "I have been killed, more than once, but each time I resurrect, good as new. In fact, I know only one other pony in this world who remains 'dead' like you, and it's by choice."

>>30877169
She smiles widely, sinking deeply into her couch. "That is a relief. I really cannot thank you enough for looking out for my people. I can't express how worried I've been about them these last few weeks. I can only hope those who fell in my absence can one day find their way back here."
>>
File: XS5LK.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>30877218
>>30877149
> I think its like a Wizard of Oz type of thing?"
Kachina's eyes light up, "OH! OH! I got that!"

She smiles, "I... I know what she's referring to."

>>30877169
>>30877159
>>30877149
"Aliens....?" As she listens to all of the collaborating stories, of the aliens 'representing Yggdrasil', she opens her eyes wider.

"Those who met with you must have been Yggdrasil Spirits. They are numerous entities that serve on behalf of the tree, protecting it and citizens from Tetra from those who would do them harm, or act as guides to the lost spirits of Tetra to find their way to it. I think those you met with might have been a variety we would call 'Psychopomps'. And they all told you to go meet with the 'Master' at Yggdrasil?"

She rubs her chin, "Exactly what danger is Equestria in? I haven't seen anything of the sort yet." She turns towards Alexis, "And what did they offer you, Alexis?"

>>30877159
"Based on this world's status? You're referring to this recent surge of Tainted activity." She sighs, "It is peculiar. An uprising of Tainted as their power builds up over time is not unheard of, even here on this little island, but this has been the worst case I can imagine in quite some time. The Demon twins alone were sign enough of how bad this was, but those others who came with the Cage of Mafu to help them are far more troubling. I'm afraid to say I don't know how this might affect your world, however."
>>
>>30877223
"Our world is very well-protected from what I can tell," Fixer says, "I'm fairly confident that any incursion of the Tainted will be dealt and made friends with."
>>
>>30877223
[And they all told you to go meet with the 'Master' at Yggdrasil?]
>"Something like that. We're figuring it out as we go."
>>
>>30877218
"What?! That's bullshit, that can't possibly be true. You can't actually just come back from the dead whenever you die. You honestly expect me to believe you can just get right back up again whenever you want!?!?"

She says, sitting up on her knees on the bed, sounding genuinely angry.
>>30877223
"They told us to meet with the Master at Yggrasil and he'd help us out with all our stuff."

"Mine's kind of personal, I don't want to say it just in case any of you freak out."
>>
>>30877288
"If that's the case I don't mind so long as you don't end up letting something bad happen to us as a result. But considering the Psychopumps are all on our side that's not likely."
>>
>>30877273
"My knowledge of Equestria is still somewhat limited, but I am going to take a guess you're referring to Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship? I have learned a bit of her as well. If your world has honest to Four alicorns protecting it, then, I can only imagine it must be as secure as any place in the cosmos. All the same, I cannot leave anything to chance where the Tainted are concerned, I think they might need our help."

>>30877274
She nods her head, "You and me both, it would seem." She says as she brings the tea-pot from the set on the table close to her, pouring water from her hoof like Alexis/Aether did into it, and then pops a few leaf-bags into it as she warms it up to boiling with a small blast of heat from her horn, pouring a cup of tea for Pain as he requested. "Here you are, careful, it's hot."

>>30877288
Kachina pouts, putting down her cup of tea, "It IS true! I have no desire to prove it at the moment, but I swear by the Four that me and most of my fellow Twelve have resurrected from many a demise. That is what it means to walk the Path of the Immortal."

>>30877288
>>30877274
As Alexis chooses to keep her reasons secret, Kachina nods, "I understand. At any rate, if spirits of Yggdrasil sought help from Equestria, I can only imagine it is with good reason. Once I've had some time to recover, I will gladly take you all from this island on your journey there. It should only be about two days sailing from here to the mainland, known as Chevalerie."
>>
>>30877368
"My thanks." Pain says, holding the tea in his hooves for now, letting it steep for now.
>"Sail, can't we borrow your dragons or something? You'd think world-savers would atleast get First Class."
>>
>>30877368
"It CAN'T be true! You can't actually think that all ponies can just stop being dead whenever they FEEL like it can you? Because I sure as hell can't!" she shouts angrily.

As she explains she can take us to Yggrasil, she calms slightly.

"And how far is it from Chevalerie to Yggrasil?"
>>30877333
>Don't have a response, just acknowledging the post
>>
>>30877433
>name
>>
>>30877368
"Yeah, yeah we're pretty good," Fixer says as he pulls a can of hot chocolate from his hat and pops it open.
>>
>>30877406
"You are most welcome," Kachina says as she pours a hot cup of tea for herself, blowing on it to let it cool.

"Pryftan and Trāgu have just spent as many weeks as I've spent locked away in that cage under a malefic enchantment. They may have just put on an impressive show, but I would like to let them rest for a few days and make sure there aren't any side effects of the High Shaman's spell before doing anything strenuous with them."

She chuckles, "Besides, I think you'll find my ship a more comfortable ride than either of their scaly, spine covered backs, don't you think?"

>>30877433
Kachina's eyes soften a bit. "I... I may be more than a little unfamiliar with all of Equestria's customs. You and your ponies CAN'T resurrect?" She looks down at her tea, "I'm sorry but, all I tell you is what I know. There are only twelve of us here on Tetra and by the Four's divine grace, none of us can die. Permanently, at least."

"As to the distance, I would say it's a couple thousand more miles from where we would land in Chevalerie to Yggdrasil. You should make good time making it through Chevalerie itself, you shouldn't hit much trouble until the jungles of Vanaheim on the far side."

>>30877461
Kachina gives a slight frown, "If you say so. I'm hoping I might have a chance to see it myself, there's only so much I am able to experience from my end. To meet these alicorns especially. They are the stuff of legends here in Tetra, that they walk among your kind so casually is fascinating."
>>
>>30877499
>"Eh, I'd have put some some blankets on their back and called it a day. Didn't bring any sea sickness medication though, blergh."
>>
>>30877499
"Of course we can't! And I don't think I believe you can either that's just, its so-"

"Its not fair!"

As she goes on, Alexis floats into the air, throwing her hooves over her face.

"We have to go through thousands of miles of jungle to get to Yggrasil? That's going to take weeks!"
>>
>>30877499
"About two thousand miles of driving, huh?" Fixer says, sipping from his drink, "I better do a tune-up."
>>
>>30877499
Kachina shakes her head, "Oh, no no no, I assure you won't need any remedies for sea sickness! The 'Argent Dauphin' is as smooth on the waves as a leaf on a pond. It might even be fun, after so much time caught up in that Cage a few days with the fresh, open breeze of the sea could be very enjoyable."

She raises her eyebrow, "The broadcasts never mentioned, are you not a fan of the ocean?"

>>30877555
"...I am sorry," Kachina says with a low tone, a look of realization upon her face. "That is just how things are here for us. It is a blessing that many of those within the Cycle revere."

>>30877555
>>30877559
As Alexis mentions the jungles, she shakes her head to her, "I would not be so sure. Many Tetrans make a pilgrimage to Yggdrasil, they will surely have faster ways through the thickets of Vanaheim to get to there in a timely manner. And you won't need to go through jungles the entire way, Chevalerie has many roads going through it that should make traveling through it easy."

To Fixer, she says, "About so, and as I said, the people of Chevalerie have many roads connecting their towns and villages, you should not find it too hard to travel through it." She gasps, "Wait, a 'tune-up'... did you manage to bring a car with you?!"
>>
>>30877626
*first response meant for >>30877515
>>
>>30877626
"I brought two. One works and one is a metal tent. It'll be nice to have roads at least, but my driving car isn't meant for jungles."
>>
>>30877626
Alexis has her own look of realization at Kachina's, realizing she's onto her.

"No...I'm sorry." she says, floating into a crosslegged position just over the bed.

"Its just....its been a really long day. I'm really stressed out." she says moving a bit of hair out of her face and behind her ear.
>>30877626
She relaxes further upon hearing they can at least drive.

"Well thats good at least."
>>
>>30877626
"It's come and go for him. I think it's only when it's convenient to him or when he needs an excuse for a nap."
>"Hey! It's a medical condition, just because I have the willpower to hold it back sometimes doesn't mean I puke my guts out the other half. Believe me, I love the ocean. The ocean's great. Equestria's got some great oceans. But I don't do boats that go faster fifteen or so mile per hour. Pain already got close to that... however he pulled that off."
>>
>>30877640
Kachina smiles, stepping out of her couch to get closer, "That's stupendous! I've seen vehicles made by the Machines but they're all rather huge and clunky, nothing like those sleek cars I've seen. Tell me, are either of your cars that brand-new Ponyac Solstice?"
>the 'brand new' car she speaks of you recognize, but the Solstice was a short lived line that stopped being made over 10 years ago.

>>30877675
Kachina lets out a sigh, "THAT I can certainly agree upon. You have all fought very hard to save me, and have more than earned a spot of rest. You are, of course, welcome to stay in the castle, there are more than a dozen rooms I never have occasion to use. If there is anything else I can do to offer more insight on how the dead work here, I'd be happy to but I understand if you wish to wait."

>>30877675
"Yes, the Dragon under the Mountain, the ruler of Chevalerie, has done fairly good work of uniting his citizens in working together. His method of government is fairly... straightforward."

>>30877685
"Oh! I had no idea." Kachina rubs a hoof through her mohawk, "Well, I promise you should be comfortable on the Dauphin at least, I don't believe it goes quite that fast. And it's enchanted to make its travel as smooth as possible, so I'm certain you won't the journey too strenuous. You can take it as an opportunity to get familiar with the wonder of our oceans, they truly are magnificent when Mono and the moons are just overhead reflecting in the waves."

She clears her throat, "And, *ahem* of course, just to be safe, I'll have our physicians prepare some calming herbs and the like in case it proves to be too much."
>>
>>30877742
He squints at her as his face grows serious. "No, they're not," he says, "I don't go for the Ponyacs, or sports cars in general. Two seaters aren't my style. I drive an Akatsuki and carry around an 87-94 Cadimitsuyotakiatiacord... piece of junk."

"I'd like to go on a boat."
>>
>>30877742
>"I'll opt for a nap."
Pain sips his tea.
>>
>>30877742
"Thanks. I don't know if you already know this, but I can't sleep. But, still glad to sit down after today."

"How do you know all this stuff about Equestria?"
>>
File: machineTech.jpg (39KB, 400x344px) Image search: [Google]
machineTech.jpg
39KB, 400x344px
>>30877772
"Oh." Kachina blinks a few times, "I do not think I am familiar with those ones, I haven't seen any commercials for them. I would still very much like to see them, I've never been in such a wondrous thing."

>>30877789
Kachina chuckles, "Well, there are plenty of beds on the Dauphin as well, I'm sure you'll find plenty of time for rest on the journey."

>>30877790
"Oh, no, I'm aware, it's a trait you share with all Tarrying. But still, I can understand the need to rest."

>>30877790
>>30877789
>>30877772
As Alexis asks her how she knows about Equestria, she beams with pride, "OH! I'm so glad you asked..." she gets up from her couch, and makes for her vanity mirror on the side of the room. She pulls at a candle-stick holder on its side, and you all hear a *click* as the vanity begins to rotate into the wall, stone grinding as the whole panel of wall spins around.

As it turns, she explains, "The most advanced civilization on Tetra is a race known as the Machines. They're a recent addition to the Cycle, only centuries old, but their kind are a proud and progressive sort who have made the greatest technological marvels in the world." As the wall finishes turning, you all see a large, heavy-metal television set, old fashioned with dials and bunny-ears in the back, thick wires leading from its back into the floor. It looks similar to one you might find in Equestria but with a larger frame and screen. "This was a gift they had given to me on one of my visits there."
(1 more post)
>>
>>30877880
She turns the dials, the TV springing to life with a black and white *pop* on the screen as she changes channels. "With this, I can watch any of their signals from their homeland. I'm rather fond of these 'dramas' in particular they make. However a couple decades ago, I started receiving signals of my own this high up in the mountains.... and there!" Kachina says with a satisfactory clap of her hooves as she steps back, and you all see a picture forming on the screen. It is a wrestling match, two fighters going at each other in the ring, one having just slammed down on top of the other. MMM and Pain recognize the combatants as fellow competitors from the ETF, though the footage looks to be well over a decade old.
>>
>>30877907

>"A classic, the fights felt a lot more raw before they slapped the PG rating on us. Juicing was rampant too, so the whole thing was a lot more bloody as well."
"Yeah, think the Butcher passed out from blood loss after one of those shows, I bet if you watched enough if this you could see him before he was covered in forehead scars."
>>
>>30877880
>larger frame and screen
*smaller
>>
>>30877913
name
>>
>>30877880
"And that's another thing, why do you keep calling me a 'Tarrying'?"
>>30877880
>>30877907
"....you have a TV."

"And you watch wrestling."

Alexis deadpans, staring at the screen.
>>
>>30877907
"Must be some delay if it's as old as this is," he says, "Not that it isn't impressive to be receiving signals after so long." He thinks for a bit, "I'd like to meet some Machines if we haven't already. They don't look like ponies or other races, do they?"
>>
>>30877945
"Because, that's what you are? One of the Tarrying?" she blinks, then blushes. "Yooou have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm sorry I, still have to get used to speaking to Equestrians it seems."
"The Tarrying are any Tetrans who, through one means or another, persist after death. Vampires, wraiths, liches, zombies, spirits, etcetera. Though most of the dead seek Yggdrasil after dying, they instead prolong their journey. Or, 'Tarrying', as it were.

>>30877945
She smiles widely, "Of course, doesn't everypony in Equestria? I can't get many channels besides this one, so I assume everyone has seen it." She looks on at the screen, "Oh! This is good, look, the Striped Devil is absolutely about to pummel that nefarious Doomguy."

>>30877913
Kachina looks at you quizzically, "Huh... I'm sorry but, what do you mean a 'classic'? This is happening right now, is it not?" She says as she points towards the bright red 'LIVE' symbol at the bottom right next to the PPV symbol.

>>30877947
"Old....?" Kachina looks shocked, staring between them and the screen. "This isn't current...? Just how old is it, then? It is your year of 1111, is it not?"
>It's actually 1123

When you ask about the machines, she shakes her head, "Not all of them. Some do, for their own reasons, imitate other animals or elementals or even ponies, but most of them look wholly unique. As I mentioned, they are prideful. When you see them, they don't want you to think of other races. They want you to think of the Machines. As to meeting one, there is only one on this island that I know of, one who is sadly reaching the end of his body's functionality in Alma Town."
>>
File: E7Cmztj.png (248KB, 652x624px) Image search: [Google]
E7Cmztj.png
248KB, 652x624px
>>30878015
"Well, you're not too far off," he says, "At least you don't have internet, all your favorite shows would get ruined."
>>
>>30878015
"No, we don't. At least I don't. I watch other things like....one sec actually."

She pulls her backpack out of hammer space and sets it down on the bed to begin digging through.

"Come on, why did I just drop it in the main pocket...." she mutters to herself before pulling out her iPod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCw_aAS7vWI

"Like this." she says, letting the first few seconds play before hastily skipping ahead to 2:20 to actual things happening.
>Note that this is all in animation
>>30878015
After showing her the video she puts the iPod to sleep, and answers the other bit.

"Does that happen often around here? I mean, people becoming ghosts? Or any of those worse things you mentioned?"

"And what do you mean the dead 'seek Yggrasil'. They're dead, they can't seek anything."
>>
>>30878044
Kachina still looks flabbergasted, taking double takes between the television screen and you as she sits back down on her couch. "I... I guess it is. I have seen commercials talking about that but I never really understood what it was all about. The 'internet' I mean."

>>30878066
She looks at you confused as you dig for your iPod, eyes raised at the little device before it starts playing the animation. Her eyes open wide, reaching to grab at the little device as it shows the crisp animation. "THIS is what you watch things on?!" She says in exclamation, holding it gently. "It's so clear and fluid... but it's so small!" She says as she holds it upside down, "Where is all the Tech fit?! Surely this must be some sort of trick?"

>>30878066
After you take it back to put into sleep mode, she pouts, still eyeing the marvelous looking device. "Not very often. Most are, as I said, content to make the journey to Yggdrasil so they might begin their new life immediately. Though some do choose to Tarry, either out of a sense of unease or unreadiness to move on. Spirits and ghosts are the most common by far, since all you need to do to become one is die. Those zombies and vampires and such I mentioned are more unique cases."

"As to the second question, as you are unliving proof of, the dead are quite capable of moving around after death. Upon meeting their demise and losing their Soul, their psyches transcend into the Astral realm. From there they make the journey towards the tree so they can begin a new life."
>>
>>30878115
"No, it's all there, it's just really small," Fixer explains to her as she's wowed at the phone. "DOn't be too surprised, we're far from Equestria. Even light doesn't travel instantaneously, it all takes time." He listens to her explanation of what Tarrying is, then looks at Alexis. "Interesting to know what's keeping you, considering you need super-beings to take care of it for you."
>>
>>30878115
>>30878015
"You said it yourself, that I look older than I do on there. Shame you're gonna catch the break I took. But on the plus side, I win the championship belt again, so no biggie."
>>
>>30878115
"Hey give that back!" she says, taking the iPod from her as Kachina holds it upside down.

"If you break that I'm stuck without it the whole trip to Yggrasil."
>>30878115
Alexis listens to all this, thinking its just Kachina's religion, before the last line.

"Wait a second. Are you saying everything that dies on Tetra becomes a ghost? And then they go to Yggrasil and it just brings them back to life?"
>>
>>30878130
"Nothing's 'keeping me'. I mean, not like those stupid stories where the ghost is like, craving vengeance or something or has unfinished business."

>also its an iPod not a phone
>>
>>30878164
"Yeah, you've probably got a better idea of what's going on than I do."
>>
>>30878174
"What do you mean?"
>>
>>30878182
"I'm saying it's highly probable your awareness of your own state greatly exceeds mine."
>>
>>30878188
"I guess? I don't know very much about it, like I said before I'm no 'ghost expert'."
>>
https://pastebin.com/VTQY3PfZ

I don't want to drive for a while. A long while.
>>
>>30878236
You have been taking incredibly detailed notes for the conversation at hoof, listening to Kachina explain how the Twelve ponies of Tetra are immune to death, listening to her offer her ship to travel to the mainland of Chevalerie to begin making way to Yggdrasil, her explaining how she's received news of Equestria for decades via a television set gifted to her by a race on Tetra known as the Machines, and then further realizing she was over a decade out of date when Pain and Fixer revealed the footage you're currently watching on the television set is a 'classic'.

>>30878141
Kachina sighs, "I thought it was just the screen making you look younger." She flattens her ears, "Though, it is a relief to hear you defend your title, I was rather on edge wondering if you would. You took a break after this?"

>>30878130
"Incredible..." she says staring at the iPod still. "I need one."

As you bring up not being too surprised, she sighs, "It's just... somewhat embarrassing, is all. I was so eager to meet with Equestrians and thought myself so learned on your culture. Now I realize I'm out of date?"

>>30878151
She yelps as you take it back, "Oh! I'm sorry, it's just, I've never seen Tech like this up close! It's so small yet it's a better image than my television."

>>30878151
Kachina thinks about the answer for a moment. "More or less, yes. Everything that dies on Tetra, besides ponies I mentioned, turn into spirits that make their way to Yggdrasil to be reborn. It's what we call the Cycle, the never-ending journey of death and rebirth. Some choose to be reborn as animals or elementals, losing their memories in the process, or others choose to be reborn as Plants, which retain all of them. Others still choose to risk it all on becoming Machines, and so forth. But, the short of it is is that Yggdrasil has the power to bring anything in this world back into any form it chooses."
>>
>>30878263
By now Aether's pocket-sized notepad is running very low on blank pages, giving her a bit of anxiety and forcing her to make her handwriting almost microscopic.

Starting to feel a faint headache coming on, she decides now is probably a good time to take a break from taking notes. She looks up to magically pour herself a cup of tea, still warm.
>>
>>30878263
"Yeah, decided to try the martial arts circuit. Less throwing around, more just raw force in punches and kicks. They're less showy, but it was a good experience. Was a champ for a bit there too."
>>
>>30878263
Alexis tries to contain her excitement at that answer, taking a step backwards and floating in the air.

"You....."
"That's...."

She resists the urge to fly around the room, quickly changing the subject.
>>30878330
"AETHER! You've been awful quiet."
>>
>>30878263
>>30878330
Just as she's lifting her tea-filled cup to her lips, her eyes widen as she hears about the Cycle. She decides she'll take a very cursory sip of her tea before writing a few more notes when...

>>30878363
She's shocked again, but this time she chokes on her tea, unladylike-ly spitting it out and coughing spasmodically.

She tries to clear her throat, and begins to say, "There are a lot of things to write down," as she tries to regain her composition and takes up her mini notebook and pen again to write down what she's heard about the Cycle.

After she writes it down, she asks the princess a genuine question.

"Wait, so if people never die, how is the population, uh, kept under control? Do ponies—ah, I mean, the, uh, creatures here... not reproduce?"
>>
>>30878330
Kachina turns to look over at Aether's note pad, full to the brim, and raises an eyebrow, "You certainly are very studious. I guess Princess Twilight must have taught you well. However, you know you don't have to take notes the entire time, right? I'll catch you up later if you would just like to relax and drink tea."

She turns over towards the television, "I don't get many opportunities to see your Princess, and when she is on, it is usually to talk to foals about the 'magic of friendship'. But she seems like a very kind ruler. Is she expecting many notes from you upon your return?"

>>30878337
Kachina sighs, "So you really do retire soon off this feed. That's a disappointment, your fights are incredible. I'll have to check around and see if I can get the right channel, I don't think I've seen a martial arts tournament yet. You are still the CURRENT holder of the title, right? In the ETF? I notice you have the belt."

>>30878363
Kachina looks at you with a small, knowing grin, keeping quiet on what you suspect she might know as you back off from her.

"If you're curious, I could tell you more about the different Paths?" She asks, picking up on a desired change in topic.

>>30878425
Kachina gives a small snort, "I'm sorry, that's... just not a question I was expecting to answer. Of course they reproduce. It usually balances out between those who are born and those who die. When a new life is born, it is usually because a spirit had gone to Yggdrasil and chose to be reborn as a new member of that Path. Almost every animal, plant, and elemental you've met here on the island has surely been one of the other three in a previous life. Though, not every newborn has had a previous life: sometimes Yggdrasil creates new souls as well, but these are rarer."
>>
>>30878451
"As of a day ago, at least. Dunno how long we'll be here, and the reception isn't great, so hopefully they don't think I ditched."
>"Don't worry about it, left a note on my desk. Probably sounds outlandish, but it should cover incase they start a ponyhunt and realize we aren't even on the planet. Stranger things have happened in the past - maybe not other worlds strange, but hey we've already got time travel."
>>
>>30878451
>"...Is she expecting many notes from you upon your return?"

Before Aether asks Kachina about Tetran reproduction, she answers her question.

"Oh, yes! There's so much to learn and discover by being on an alien planet. She asked me to be exhaustive with my notes. Although, I suppose taking a little break from note-taking would be, uh, nice," she says as she puts her writing instruments away into her now much less than mint condition cloak.

>"...Though, not every newborn has had a previous life: sometimes Yggdrasil creates new souls as well, but these are rarer."

After hearing Kachina's clarification on how the Cycle works, Aether hums, "Hmm..." and haws, "Ahh..." and considers this for a second or two.

She then suddenly asks, "How did the population of... ah, Tetra come about? On Earth, all you need is two ponies of opposite sexes to bring about a sizable population, but it sounds like all who are born here needed to have already existed in a pervious life. How does..." the last couple of words trailing off as she expects an answer.
>>
File: pony-evolution.jpg (424KB, 1591x843px) Image search: [Google]
pony-evolution.jpg
424KB, 1591x843px
>>30878425
>>30878451
"Kachina's right you know, you don't have to write down every single thing we say."
>>30878451
"Actually, I think I'm done. At least, talking about Tetra. If you want to see more of RWBY, we could maybe watch that? I assume the others are getting tired, but you just woke up right?"

"I don't have an AV, but maybe Fixer could set something up?"
>>30878524
>>30878451
"She doesn't know that Aether. Or if she does, its probably like it is in Equestria, everything evolved."
>>
>>30878545
>"...everything evolved."

"Seems like everything's different here though, from the magic to the beings themselves. She might know, I might as well ask."
>>
>>30878504
She lets out a sigh of relief, "That's what I thought. I didn't think there were many who could keep it away from you for long. 10 years later even! That you held on for it for so long is certainly impressive."

She turns to MMM, "Oh my. Well if they DO give you any trouble, I insist I return with you to straighten things out. They'll have to understand if I explained Pain was busy saving another world."

>>30878524
Kachina nods, "You should. I say, there's a time and place for being studious, but you must be exhausted after everything. Just, let that sit for a bit and relax, alright? I'm sure I'll have time to fill you in on anything later." She notes the dirt sticking to her minty coat, and whispers, "And, just so you know, all the guest rooms have baths."

>>30878545
She shakes her head, "Ugh. No, I'm definitely not feeling sleepy at all. I don't know if I'll be able to ever sleep again. I wouldn't mind watching a bit more of this story your little Tech has on it, it might give me some more insight into Equestrian culture. What is an 'AV' though?"

>>30878549
>>30878524
As Aether brings up 'two ponies of opposite sexes', Kachina throws up her hooves, "Ah! Please, please, I know how reproduction works, I assure you it works the same here. You're just referring to how the initial population came about...?"

When Alexis says she doesn't know, however, Kachina raises her hoof, "Actually, I DO know. It was the work of the Four, naturally. The Alicorns who forged for us matter, laws, life, and thought from the primordial fires into our world at the dawn of time?"
As she speaks, however, a clock rings nearby on her wall, ringing out 10 times to indicate the current time was 10 PM. Her ears flatten, and she stares up at the clock.
"It IS getting rather late to tell this tale, however. Perhaps later, once we've all had our rest?"
>PAUSED
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.