[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's wrong with eqg?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

Why does /mlp/ hate EQG so much?
>inb4 "no hooves"
does it really matter? Most of the crossposters are fucking retarded or trolls trying to bother you, which they do successfully because any HINT of eqg causes a shit storm of epic proportions because the >no hooves crowd apparently has no leash on their autism. EQGfags from what I've seen stay in their threads and don't cross post.
>>
File: masturboop.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.png
234KB, 600x600px
Man, it sure is Summer in here
>>
>I want to create bait by saying that people get angry when something is mentioned when in reality no one cares saged
>>
>>30325835
>no hooves
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>you honestly think this doesnt happen even in eqg threads

can this be anymore retarded?
>>
>A majority of the appeal of the show is the world, and seeing how the characters respond to it
>Remove that interesting world, instead just have generic high school plots where the only interesting things that happen rely on the actually interesting world to move things along

Gee, cannot imagine why. Let's be real OP, it's Shimmerfaggotry and nothing else that keeps it going. The characters in EqG are laughable even compared to their FiM counterparts and the world only is ever interesting because of aspects of FiM that cross over. It was made to compete with a fad that is now dead, and only appeals to waifufags who love their woobie and Latin Americans who can't judge quality anyway.
>>
>>30325809
Back to >>>/b/.
>>
File: casul poll.png (48KB, 880x622px) Image search: [Google]
casul poll.png
48KB, 880x622px
>>30325809
>pic unrelated
the first EqG was shit. those that bothered to watch it thought so. those that didnt just assumed. more than half the board hasnt even seen the movies, so is it any wonder that theres a group that cant shut up about how shitty they are? its the same as the undertale, SU, and whatever other groups you can think of that rip on something they havent experienced.
>>
>>30325809
Assuming you're not bait, it's because people will make enemies out of everyone who likes something they don't like/dislikes something they like, and will craft their narrative and claim absolutes on any evidence to reinforce that they're right and those people are wrong.

Watch EqGfags and Anti-EqGfags fight. You'll often see them accusing each other of the same things. Usually it boils down to a question of who struck first.
>>
>>30325900
check'd. I see what you're saying here, yet it doesn't really answer the question. "They hate it because it's shit", yet some people don't think so, I'm asking why it's pretty much unanimously guaranteed to get hate if theres an eqg thread instead of just posting to another thread.
>>
>>30325917
i said those that dont watch it just assume its shit, and the graph shows thats at least 60% of the board.
>>
It looks ugly honestly, other than that most of the movies are fine.
>>
>>30325900
>more than half the board hasnt even seen the movies,
Can you do math anon? the sum for those who haven't watch the movie is 39.33. That's less than half. On the other hand, the sum of those who did watch the movie is 41.95. So there are more people on this board who have watch the movie than those who didn't.
>>
>>30325988
are you suggesting theres a higher chance that those who havent bothered watching the show still keep up with all the movies? surely those anons exist, but you would consider them that missing 20%?
>>
>>30326008
That 20% doesn't count for anything since they don't watch either. The point of the vote was to show who watches what, and if they watch neither, then it add nothing to the pie chart. There can also be a 20% that does watch the movies, but just didn't vote.
>>
>>30326162
>That 20% doesn't count for anything
they count for watching the show, but not the movies.
>>
>>30325809
Im all down for tits and nohooves, but i really hate the design of the characters, they look like walking toys (which they kinda are)

Maybe ill watch it one day, but just so i can say "ive seen it"
>>
>>30326211
RR is pretty good desu
>>
>>30326211
You're really not missing much. I watched the movies to give them a fair shake, but didn't like any of them. Between the character design, the setting, and the personalities being more muted, there's really not much that appeals to me.
>>
>>30326634
I actually really liked the toning down of the characters. In the show they were flanderized and way over the top after season 3 or so. It really hurts the show when the characters are just
>muh appuls
>muh perties
>muh books n princesses n sheit
>muh fast
>muh clothes
>muh animals
>>
>>30326634
this is the big meme that I think I'm alone thinking: there has never been a 'good' plot in anything mlp related and there will never be. it is very simple, a effects b, b effects c, c is the shoehorned friendship lesson. aka, there is no DEEPLORE or anything it's just a fucking show about cute ponies doing friendship things made to appeal to toddlers and give basic lessons such as 'don't be egotistical' to said toddlers. when i see people discussing the 'plot' of the show it makes me a tad iffed; you're making shit up where there is non a la that one youtube channel Game Theory; a shizophrenic imagining 2deep4u lore about mario. the only thing that comes into consideration when deciding if a like a mlp episode, movie, etc. is whether the characters acted ooc, the characters are visually appealing, the voices of characters.. and, well, just the characters in general. plus the general setting i suppose. of which, EQG has none; the characters are (subjectively) unappealing, the setting is unappealing in all movies, and the ooc-ness is unbearable. i can fully understand WHY someone would like them but their thoughts and way of thinking is so alien i can't help but wonder what type of people they are. their image is not helped by the constant posting of EQG bait and 'xd barbie posting'
/rant over i guess.
>>
>>30325809
It is literally because no hooves. That is it. That's the reason. Fight me.
>>
>>30326634
Kind of this.

Personally, I kind of liked the movies, but they were kind of bland.
>>
File: 1448743853843.png (487KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
1448743853843.png
487KB, 800x465px
>>30325809
My thoughts are mostly based around the first 3 movies and a couple of shorts that were released recently.
>Things I like
1 or 2 songs, some gags, sol stuff (shorts)
>Things I dislike
High school setting (this summarizes everything I dislike for the most part) character design, cliché plot (School dance, Talent show/concerts, competitions between schools), forced Flashlight/Romance, RD is even more of a cunt in RR holy shit, generic lyrics in songs (way more than usual), that whole scene where Twilight and Co. get ready for the prompt, Flash cameos (fuck Meghan), Scilight, >no hooves (why did we get 4 movies and a couple of shorts of this shit before an actual pony movie?)
I really went over what I liked in those movies, but I just couldn't think of anything else. As it appears to be, the negatives far outweigh the positives so it's safe to say that I dislike them for the most part, but I'm willing to give it a fair chance. So there it is, that's why I like your shitty barbie show, not just because of the >no hooves, but because I think it's very bland and generic.
>>
>>30325809
No hooves, high school setting, "mlp" in the name - if it were not associated with ponies nobody here would give a crap. The whole premise is oxymoronic and the designs are fucking garbage.
>>
>>30325809
I really don't like the aesthetic and character design. I don't mind that it exists, as long as it stays far away from my pony show.
>>
>>30325809
It undermines the central conceit of the show. That being the ponies are the 'humans' of equestria, and the distorted reflections of our own traits of personality, failings, and culture. They are all recognizable as our own tropes but changed to make things more intersting, or conductive to story telling. We take care of nature through laws and regulations, the ponies do so through a ritual, holiday, and inherent powers, etc etc. Ponyville has a small town atmosphere to help with storytelling, the same way the simpsons or gilmore girls does, even though those types of towns are few and far between irl.

EQG uses all the same tropes we know from high school, that are blatantly unrealistic if you've ever been to high school, strips down everything interesting about the characters or their situations, and does so while wearing the bloody skinned faces of ponies we care about. The writing and hit or miss songs don't help.
>>
>>30327110
>ponyville has a small town atmosphere... even though those types of towns are few and far between irl
have you ever been to any part of America where there werent a lot of people? Montana? Oregon?
>same tropes we know from high school that are blatantly unrealistic
I'll give you the second movie, but school dances like in the first aren't uncommon, nor are senior trips (assuming they are seniors) into somewhere like Camp Everfree

>wearing the blood skinned faces of ponies we care about
They're honestly almost like their own characters. sometimes EQG seems more reasonable representations of it's characters than FiM, with the massive amount of flanderization post season 2-3
>>
>>30327110
School Dances are common in High Schools.

I could make a case about talent shows being common as well, but a battle of the bands thing, not really.

Friendship Games, eh, not so much, I mean we had something like a rivalry with another high school, but that was just sports and not something... like that.

The Camp thing I've totally done as part of senior trips though.

They're somewhat rooted in real world things, that tend to just advance into craziness because MUH EQUESTRIAN MAGIC.
>>
>>30325891
>the characters are laughab!e
Principal Cynch is the most realistic FiM villain yet, and Gloriosa is written better than most of the show villains.
>>
>>30326703
What the fuck anon. Do you realize how stupid of a generalisation this is?
>Tanks for the memories
>28 pranks later
>Stranger than fanfiction
These are all late RD episodes and nothing in them has anything to do with veing fast.
>Scare Master
>Flutter Brutter
These are Fluttershy episodes and they don't have anything to do with animals. You really have zero ground here anon.
>>
EQG hates in general are fans of the fandom, they're people who jumped ship in S3 and don't watch even the show, thus their opinions don't count

That isn't to say EQG isn't perfect either, just that most of the people who hate it fall into that category of non fan , and while there may be some portion of true fans who do hate it, many who simply don't care much for it at least can see that it has it's merits even if it isn't their cup of tea and can appreciate it for the goofy dumb spinoff it is
>>
>>30326707
Why can't a simple plot be good? You do realize most plots ever are simple right?
>>
>>30328377
End your life you little cunt. Die.
>>
File: a 3 hour tour he says.gif (2MB, 481x481px) Image search: [Google]
a 3 hour tour he says.gif
2MB, 481x481px
>>30325891
>and Latin Americans who can't judge quality anyway
>>
>>30325809
>EQGfags from what I've seen stay in their threads and don't cross post
So how are you enjoying your first week on the board?
>>
File: 130172315400.jpg (55KB, 377x400px) Image search: [Google]
130172315400.jpg
55KB, 377x400px
>>30325809
ok anon let me break this down for you.

Hasbro made a My Little Pony movie, in which the My Little Pony characters are not ponies, but humans. That is not what we are into the show for.

Make sense? It's actually quite simple.

(newfag)
>>
>>30329011
So you're" into the show" because you're a furry, not because of the characters or lore
That makes you a fag of the fandumb
That makes you cancer
>>
>>30325809
>Why does /mlp/ hate EQG so much?
A lot of FiM's charm came from the art direction, character design and the fantasy world the characters inhabited. EQG not only had shit art direction and character design, and the school setting was insufferable. It's a cringey attempt at a cash in on FiM's success.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.