[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk about MLP FIM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (11KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 304x166px
Just what the fuck is your problem with Starlight Glimmer and season 6 in general, /mlp/?

https://kisscartoon.io/Search/?s=My%20Little%20Pony%20Friendship%20Is%20Magic
>>
Season 6 was very hit-or-miss for me. I think some episodes were absolutely stellar (the finale minus the last 5 minutes, Gauntlet of Fire, A Hearth's Warming Tale, PPOV, Saddle Row Review) and some were beyond shit (Cart Before the Ponies)
>>
>>29765547
Starlight is just not a very interesting character to me, and Haber and Jim are adamant in making her the focus of the premieres and finales
>>
>>29765567
This, and I don't get all the hate for Glimmer as well. It is true that some of her scenes are shitty Every Little Thing She Does is a good example of how to make her a bad character. But she has good scenes as well.
>>
>>29765605
Forgot to talk about her. I like Glimmer. I think they did some bad handling, but overall she's a good character and I hope we see more of her.
Looking forward to her interactions with Sunset
>>
>>29765580
He's right, you know.
>>
>>29765567
>>29765605
>>29765611
Heh, it's okay /mlp/. I was just playing with you. You can lower the hasdrone helmets now.

Glimmer is an autistic SJW character which was suppose to die off in the season 5 premiere and never be heard of again.
She's a communistic retard who enjoys making everyone live in shit under false assumptions and through tyranical power struggle.
She's more than a cunt, she's a sociopath and a very dumb one. Nightmare Moon at least wanted to achieve an empire of darkness.
Glimmer was a genuine mental defect who thought her retarded town was productive and quality driven by stripping everyone of their special talent.

We also still didn't get an explanation what her cutie mark represents and how the hell is she capable of stripping other's cutie marks when not even Celestia could do it for the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Glimmer is probably more hateable than Maud Pie and Moondancer combined for her sheer handicapped self.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzn2EJGQdI
>>
>>29765567
The problem with S6 I felt was that lows were lower and highs weren't high enough to make up for it. Something like HWT or SRR would be just "ok" if put in previous seasons.
>>
>>29765547
So the problem with Season Six is that Big Jim has no balls. When writing a series you come up with some solid bankable episodes that are just strait up good. Then you have to fill space in between.

Lauren, Megan and Larson had balls and when filling the gaps would take risks; as a result some of them would come out amazing like Tanks for the Memories (lets do an episode about the five stages of grief, ya know 4kids!) and some would come out as utter dog shit like Princess Spike.

Jim took 0 risks (though seemed to take a perverse joy in taunting bronies for watching his show, why Hasbro let him try to drive people away from their product I don't know) meaning that all the spots that could of either been really good or really bad were just mediocre instead. Really good or really bad can be entertaining in its own ways but mediocrity is boring and forgettable hence season six having a few genuinely good episodes and a lot of forgettable average sub standard ones.
>>
>>29765547
Nobody dislike Starlight, it's just a meme
>>
>>29765547
Here's a list of Starlight's problems:
>A Terrible, unconvincing backstory. Why the fuck she's so powerful and yet no one noticed her? Why she didn't get to attend CSGU? She would more than qualified to attend, and Sunburst went there.
>Did horrible things, and yet got easily forgiven, got to study magic under Twilight and friends that trust her completely, just like that. Characters that did far less didn't get so lucky.
>Despite her enormous luck, she still pushes it by doing shitty stuff instead of internalizing Twilight's lessons. Yet no one ever holds anything against her, pretending nothing happened.
>The writers are desperate to make the audience like her, to the point of putting other characters down so that she can look good.
>She's not her own character, she doesn't shine on her own merits. Instead, she piggybacks on Sunset's success on EqG. Mind you, Hasbro would never EVER allow Haber and Miller to insert Starlight in the show if the the concept wasn't proven successful in the spinoff.
>Starlight might be based on Sunset, she might be occupying Sunset's slot, but she's no Sunset. She's not nearly as interesting, she has an unlikeable, unrelatable personality and she doesn't have the chemistry with the M6 that Sunset has.
>>
File: 764567.gif (2MB, 350x170px) Image search: [Google]
764567.gif
2MB, 350x170px
>>29765643
>>
>>29765735
Go back to >>>/r9k/ you autistic Scrappy Doo.
>>
>>29765733
You want to know why Brian Goldner himself lets idiots like Michael Bay and Mike Vogel rule over his franchises? Because he's an incompetent idiot who doesn't give a fuck about hiring quality people.

Transformers (before the movies) got lucky by having the actual creator behind it to back it up the whole way. (up until the Bayformers movies)
MLP and other shows were shitty one-shot cashgrabs with no potential in the first place.
>>
>>29765652
>>29765912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro
Take it and do it.
>>
File: react_GEN_shy mic.png (217KB, 639x490px) Image search: [Google]
react_GEN_shy mic.png
217KB, 639x490px
My problem with Starlight Glimmer is that she is the epitome of the omission of thought. If the main cast is willing to forgive someone who literally destroyed the world like 15 or 20 times over petty abandonment issues after abusing magic to subjugate an entire town to cope with it for a good long while, then there is no line of morals to be drawn.

Hell, Tirek only destroyed like, a few hundred square feet of Equestria, and look what happened to him. No consistency whatsoever.

There is no way to look at this without feeling second hand embarrassment. 100% of Glim Glam fans gravitate toward her because they know that such a rock bottom dumpster baby is their only chance at companionship.

>my problem with Season 6

It's not My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I'm not even saying it's bad. But there's a difference between growth, change, and outright metamorphosis, and the only similarities between seasons 1-4 (and maybe 5) and season 6... are the character names.

If you can enjoy season 6, then I envy your broad tastes. But that's not MLP: FiM you're watching. It objectively isn't, and I didn't come to this show for whatever season 6 is. That's my problem.
>>
File: 1828384438234.png (420KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1828384438234.png
420KB, 1280x720px
>>29768520
We seem to be on the same level and share the same mentality. Would you like to keep in touch when the movie airs?
https://pastebin.com/zpvH4m3r
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.