[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

>There are still people who love season 2 in the year 2017.
>>
File: french-pepe.jpg (42KB, 528x424px) Image search: [Google]
french-pepe.jpg
42KB, 528x424px
>mfw I have loved every season so far (though to different degrees; 2 and 5 were the best)
>mfw all the faustfags can't break me
>>
File: posh_laughter.gif (2MB, 481x481px) Image search: [Google]
posh_laughter.gif
2MB, 481x481px
>people still don't realize s3 was kino
>>
File: Gangsters-13.jpg (42KB, 615x461px) Image search: [Google]
Gangsters-13.jpg
42KB, 615x461px
>>29737474
I come from a holy land where everything was pure and benevolent.
Your hasbro overlord instead took that and turned everything into a Vogel-infested realm.
I must go back to the past and vanquish the evil that is Vogel.
>>
File: smug pinkie.png (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug pinkie.png
79KB, 600x600px
>>29737493
You can't do anything about it but cry on 4chan cuckboi

Say it with me:
SEASON 14
>>
Season 2 was the season that didn't rock the boat too much outside of its season premiere and finale.

There weren't any extreme highs or extreme lows, just a steady stream of slightly above average episodes.

By season 2, a lot of the initial charm of getting to know the characters that was present in season 1 had worn off so more needed to be done to be impressive. But we never got too many impressive things and instead were driven to indifference by the lack of new and interesting lore, one of the big appeals of season 1.

I love a lot of season 2, but it just doesn't give the same nostalgic charm that most of season 1 does.
>>
>>29737490
>kino
>>>/tv/
>>
>>29737589
Very well then:
Season 0
>>
S5>S4=S2>S1>S6>S3
>>
>>29737589
>Actively laughing at the downfall of the show and promoting it.
You're no fan of the show.
>>
Source on OP's Rarity pls.
>>
I've thought the show just gets better.
I couldn't tell you what episodes belong to which season, so which season is better is irrelevant to me.
The ponies are still doing things and thats good enough for me.
>>
>>29737456
S1>S2>rest

suck it bandwagon faggots
>>
>>29738026
it is in the file name, but it is just a cutout from the Rarity & the hippie commune comic.
>>
End it, my man. Commit seppuku of /mlp/.
>>
Death on arrival.
>>
lebump
>>
>>29737646
>But we never got too many impressive things and instead were driven to indifference by the lack of new and interesting lore, one of the big appeals of season 1.
We had so many potential ideas shoved into season 2, like Discord, Luna, everyone sending letters, time travel, changelings, the backstory of equestria, "starswirl", Pinkie's smile song and origins.

But all of them were either incredibly boring episode ideas or they were handled in the most disappointing and lackluster ways.
>>
Let's list the episodes and say what we thought:

>The Return of Harmony
Good episodes, good villain, good ending.
>Lesson Zero
Good episode, good lesson about taking a friend's problems seriously
>Luna Eclipsed
Silly, but fun
>Sisterhooves Social
I liked it. Good for establishing the Rarity-Sweetie Belle relationship that was further explored in "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils"
>The Cutie Pox
Silly, but ultimately forgettable. Good moral about patience though.
>May the Best Pet Win
Cartoony, but a good episode. Excellent song.
>The Mysterious Mare Do Well
Fucking trash
>Sweet and Elite
One of the best episodes of the season. Am biased, Rarity is best pone.
>Secret of My Excess
I've never liked the explanation of how dragons grow with their hoard, but I still think this is an entertaining episode. One of the better Spike episodes, with the least amount of weirdness in the spike/Rarity relationship.
>Hearth's Warming Eve
cute.
>Family Appreciation Day
forgettable, though it sets up the whole "Applejack is controlling under pressure" thing that appears later on in the series.
>Baby Cakes
I don't like it.
>The Last Roundup
Not bad, liked Applejack's arc in the episode, plus the I Love Lucy reference
>The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
I like it. I like the Flim Flam Brothers song for all the reasons I like The Simpsons Monorail song.
>Read it and Weep
Another of my favorites of the season. Biased because I'm an egghead
>Hearts and Hooves Day
Never been a fan of these kind of plots, the set in motion by powerful, mind-warping magic. Meh. Again, good song.

>A Friend in Deed
I love Cranky Doodle.

>Putting Your Hoof Down
I like Iron Will. I like new Fluttershy.

>It's About Time
I'm never a fan of time travel stories that don't use the Novikov self-consistency principle, which is all of them except Harry Potter. Still a fun episode though.

>Dragon Quest
Dragon culture is stupid. When am I going to hit the character limit?

Oh
>>
>>29744248
Continued

>Hurricane Fluttershy
I like this one too. It has some good character moments for Fluttershy, and RD. Which one of the reviewers did a whole video on this episode about why it was great? Was it Drowning in Horseshoes?

>Ponyville Confidential
This episode gets some hate, but I liked it.

>MMMystery On the Friendship Express
Forgettable, but not bad. Not any surprises, no particularly great jokes or moments.

>A Canterlot Wedding
Aside from some questionable writing choices (i.e. the sudden introduction of Twilight's brother and a whole 'nother freaking Alicorn everyone somehow forgot to mention) these are two great episodes with a great song. Also established that changelings/chrysalis are idiots. A whole army of shapeshifters and she somehow manages to tip off the Princesses and has to attack the city head-on, instead of taking it from within.

What do you all think of the episodes? Based on this write up, I guess I loved season 2. Not a lot of bad things to say.
>>
It was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfLkc-G9kwY
>>
File: fact.jpg (80KB, 980x554px) Image search: [Google]
fact.jpg
80KB, 980x554px
>>29737456
Twilight was a unicorn, so it's objectively good.
>>
>>29744248
>>A Friend in Deed
>>Putting Your Hoof Down
These two episode, right here, are where I felt a shift in my focus from the magic of Season 1 to the general presence of the show as a self-aware whole. Longform autism follows.

I found out about the ride at the tail-end of Jan. and into early Feb. 2012. If the first episode you ever watched is considered the moment at which you got on the ride, then I can pinpoint my moment to February 11, 2012. The episode was Lesson Zero, airing as fan pick #7 as part of the We Heart Ponies Fan-Favorite Mare-A-Thon that led up to the premiere of Hearts and Hooves Day on the Hub. Twilight's insanity and the general watchability of the episode is what convinced me that people weren't lying when they said this cartoon was different enough from what you'd expect My Little Pony to be like to attract this new, weird fanbase. So I decided I was interested and began from S1E1 on YouTube. Loved it, every minute. Sped on to Season 2 and feverishly caught up to the point at which the series was broadcasting, and set up my recorder for new episodes. That week I caught my first live airing.

The episode was Putting Your Hoof Down. And I just remember it feeling...weird. Half the Mane 6 was absent and Fluttershy was extremely out of character, which I got was the point, but I couldn't shake the feeling of how different I felt watching this new episode. I thought maybe watching it live on television rather than on the computer is what skewed my feelings on it but the feelings remained.

Then, when I rewatched Season 2 later on, I found when watching A Friend in Deed that I could zero in on the moment where the show stopped feeling like it had in Season 1: as soon as Pinkie Pie finished "Smile, Smile, Smile" and came face to face with Cranky Doodle. The rest of the episode had her become this incredibly annoying stalker, exaggerated in her relentlessness to be friends with someone who wanted nothing to do with her.
>>
>>29744572
I don't know why these two episodes snapped me out of my new-fandom-smell discovery trance. Fluttershy acting out of character—which the plot called for—shouldn't have bothered me after Pinkie Pie and Twilight had already gone veritably insane. The feltboard stop-animation in A Friend in Deed was great. Maybe it was the fact that I was caught up and had to wait for new episodes like everyone else. Maybe it was that I was now watching them on TV rather than on YouTube as I was used to.

But everything in Season 2 after A Friend in Deed, except for maybe Hurricane Fluttershy, never quite felt like everything previously in Season 2 or Season 1. Suddenly there was time travel, and Spike was basically being called a faggot to his face so he runs away to the land of dragons, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are forced to write gossip articles and the whole town gets pissed at them... It just didn't quite feel like the same show.

I did really enjoy A Canterlot Wedding. Shining Armor and Princess Cadance coming out of nowhere was odd but didn't bother me much at the time. Even going into Season 3, the Crystal Empire, which was somewhat underwhelming, felt like an extension of the epicness of A Canterlot Wedding. But it was with S3E3 that I finally felt like the show had reached a point where it was quite aware of its runaway success and I was probably never going to get the feeling watching it as I did with Seasons 1 & 2 again.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.