[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DF Pony Mod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Mockup Large.png (94KB, 795x784px) Image search: [Google]
Mockup Large.png
94KB, 795x784px
I was going to wait for the content creator thread but I've been up all night fucking with this and need some imput from someone who has played DF before. I'm trying to draw walls that not only fit in a tile but that can intersect with other adjacent walls depending on how autistically they get built and still look like they come from FiM.

I don't know how DF handles constructed walls, though, so I don't know if I need a tile for every angle or if it will rotate as needed. Below is the current project's sprite sheet as of today.
>>
>>29672046
My next big step is making the unicorn race tileset. If anyone has ideas for other things that can appear in this mod that come from FiM (objects, monsters, etc...) post them here. I haven't played DF so I don't know what I need/could add.
>>
Bump from curiosity.
>>
>>29672049
Update. Finished the unicorn sprites so now all 3 basic races are represented.
>>
>>29672046
>>29672049
>>29672481
Nice pixelart, but what is DF?
>>
>>29672637
Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>29672481
The tilesets need to be pink and have swirls in them.
The pegasus would look better with light-blue/silver hair.

The toddlers don't look very good.
More colors for the dragons and hydras.
A different minotaur design (Iron Will is not representative of all minotaurs)

Don't forget the gems, apples, gold. Repaint those barrels and crates too.
>>
>>29672046
Bump, this seems interesting.
>>
>>29672046
There's a discord and at least 2 of us play it. I play it myself. desu the higher quality tilesets make me crash.

Though generally I like the walls to be more separate in value or color to the ground. Try spending 30 minutes trying the game out for yourself. It's not that hard to learn unless you want to do grand things like turn a mountain into a giant lava toilet system.
>>
Bump for interest

>>>/wsr/ might be able to help, or >>>/g/sqt
For the latter you'd have to edit out the pony, the former is more lax but it'd be a good idea anyway
>>
>>29672049
>>29672481
I'm going to recolor that and then sell them as adoptables.

Thank you!
>>
Another bump I guess.
>>
bump for interest
>>
Will there be a chance of Pink/Flutters/Rarara or just the those three? I mean, clones are always FUN so dont mind
>>
>>29674320
Thank you for the critique. I've revised the sheet several times so far, I'll probably do so when I make another racial update. And I do plan to make several sets of walls/floors based on their materials using show locales as a guideline. These wooden ones and the crate were inspired from the CMC clubhouse. A major issue I discovered during design was being able to show a wall that takes up an entire tile but yet connects to any other possible directions a player might designate to build on. I scrapped the walls and revised them 3 times before, I'll probably do so again soon enough.

>>29676587
O-okay?

>>29679997
While I used three of the mane 6's colors as a base to represent their races, the ponies in these particular sprites aren't Twilight, Dash and AJ. It was designed to facilitate gameplay as a player could tell from a glance what race each pony was just by their color. Their hairstyles and clothes for their "jobs" are all similar for this reason as well.

You might also notice that some of them (the Earth ones in particular) look somewhat gender neutral in that they could be both male or female. That was intentional because DF only uses one sprite for each creature, so by making a mostly neutral base it wouldn't destroy the immersion when one popped out a baby.

I'm not going to be working on this sheet for the rest of the week but I appreciate the interest. I hope someone will be able to use these for something fun and make a pony fortress.
>>
>>29680250
This looks really really fucking awesome
>>
>>29680318
Thanks, bro. I hope to eventually sprite all terrain and a handful of items so as they all fit the FiM theme. I need to familiarize myself with DF, though, so I know what terrains to add. And the monsters local to them, of course.

My goals for my next update will be food items, more crafting items like gems, grass/dirt/stone tiles, alicorns (or at least a singular alicorn sprite to be used in place of DF angels/gods) and some more monsters like maybe the quarray eels, manticore and the chimera. But that's a ways off. Hopefully I won't disappoint.
>>
>>29680418
There aren't any visible gods in DF but getting a duke or grand duchess is a thing.
>>
>>29672046
I've tried to get into DF multiple times but I'm always put off by the controls and the asinine UI.
>>
>>29672046
I thought that there was already a pony mod for Dorf Fortress. Is this a new mod, or updates for the existing one?
>>
>>29680511
Just get into Space Station 13. Still has clunky controls but you get used to them after reading /vg/'s wiki or watching a quick video.
>>
>>29680418
I do like the look of the textures.
Is the game going to be ponies on the Equestrian frontier, or just a re-vamp of current DF world generation with Pony elements?
Either way, I'm in
>>
>>29672046
neat
>>
I see.
>>
>>29682003
B-but I was drawn to the city building aspect of DF and SS13 doesn't seem to have that....
>>
>>29685135
>Become Engineer/MoMMI
>Build an entirely separate, working station if you want to
One round someone built a mock shuttle where the escape shuttle lands in an emergency. They even used a tile painter to color it appropriately, and put chairs in the right spot to make it look like the real deal.

When the shuttle was called, probably a fifth of the remaining crew fell for it, and I just barely noticed it wasn't the shuttle at the last second and survived. Everyone else was instantly gibbed.

Was one of the funniest things I've seen in that game.
>>
>>29685210
>Playing a watered down dorf-like game.

lmao just spend an hour to learn how to play regular DF.
>>
>>29685594
Ya, Adventurer Mode is coming along quite nicely as well. I just buy quality gems for good money/weight storage.
>>
File: 6 LRMS.jpg (193KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
6 LRMS.jpg
193KB, 600x576px
>>29685594
>SS13
>Watered Down
>>
>>29683360
>>
These sprites could also be used for other things like a Nethack mod or SS13, right?
>>
bumo
>>
>>29672046
Is there a link to the mod and game?
>>
>>29689793
http://www.bay12forums (.) com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.0
>>
>>29689808

Thanks. I'll keep watch and download it. Maybe this will be the month I start playing again.

Rimworld is just too good.
>>
>>29680511
The UI is literally amazing.

It's just a bit hard to memorize at first.
>>
>>29689880
just a heads up this mod has ascii graphics
>>
Holy shit. Someone is still working on a pony mod for DF, thats amazing. In the last mod build i played i couldnt get everything working 100% but the overpowered hoove bash damage was well in effect. Just mullering anything stupid enough to throw down.
>>
Had some free time, made a few more things. Will see about making other essential things like grass and terrain this weekend.

Food: Cake, Donut, Red Apple, Zap Apple
Monsters: Cyclops
Storage: Keg, Metal Cage
Crafts: Wooden Mug
Materials: Gems, Gem Pile
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.