[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comics suck show sucks there is no escape and the magic is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: squid_reallywishiwasdead.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
squid_reallywishiwasdead.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
>>29101162

This. I started the comics, thinking the sheer ass of the mini Twilight Sparkle "Twilight restores an oldfag's faith in equinity" was just a one-off, and it DOESN'T. GET. ANY. BETTER. I'm at the Rarity one now and it JUST GETS WORSE.

Please tell me there's at least one good IDW comic.
>>
>>29141268
BUT ITS OKAY EQG IS GOOD XXDDD
>>
>>29141280
Sad thing is, first EQG was shit, second one redeemed the concept and made who I once called Sunset Shitter likeable, and the third was a cheap superhero focus test-driven cash-grab. And Sunset is still more likeable than fucking Starlight Shitter.
>>
>>29141268
reflections is good, i also liked siege of crystal empire and King Sombra youth comic. the last one is the best
>>
>>29141407
Which one is that? I'm skipping all these comics and going straight to it. Fuck continuity, I just need to see some good MLP right now.
>>
File: 1450303349207.png (135KB, 852x852px) Image search: [Google]
1450303349207.png
135KB, 852x852px
>>29141338
>Second one redeemed the concept
Astonishing b8, anon. I am impressed.
>>
>>29141268
A lot of the chapter books are pretty fun.
I'd say you could read any in the princess collection (which does not include Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal heart), any of the
Daring Do Adventure Series, Rarity and the Curious Case of Charity, or Starlight Glimmer and the Secret Suite. The Journal of the Two Sisters also gets a mention since it was written by AKR and does a good job at giving Celestia and Luna some backstory.

As for the comics:
In the main comics it's give or take depending on the person. Nightmare Rarity arc (#5-#8) was really well received. The Pets comic (#23) gets a mention for having a great start only to be ruined when the ponies started talking, but I'd give it a read till that point just cause the pets are fantastic in it. Pinkie's comic (#42) was really nice and had a cute ending.

Micro series I'd say the Rarity, Pinkie, CMC, Celestia, and Luna issues (#3, #5, #7, #8, & #10) were great. Friends Forever series is a mixed bag. Spike and Celestia, Pinkie Pie and Luna, Babs Seed and Rarity, Twilight and Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Mayor Mare, Discord and Luna, Shining and Blueblood, and Maud and Rarity issues (#3, #7, #12, #13, #15, #20, #26 and #29) were the ones that stood out to me. More recently #34 with Pinkie and Cheese was fun, but I don't think it's as stand out. You can pick from those based on your interest in the pairs. In the Fiendship is Magic series it seemed like the Sombra and maybe Tirek ones were good (#1 & #2).

I think the Power Ponies annual was decent, but the others aren't really. The Sunset Shimmer back story comic should be floating around somewhere. I thought that one was pretty neat and worth it if you care at all about her. There was also a pony pony holiday special with art from all the comic artists that was pretty comfy.

This is all just my opinion, but hopefully it helps you pick something you'd like.
>>
>>29141462
I'm saying the first film made it seem like ponies in high school was a fucking stupid idea.

Still is, but the second film showed how it could work. I hope whoever helped turn trash into "Acceptable" helps out with S7 when the movie is done and the REAL MLP staff take their office back.
>>
>>29141532
>The Sunset Shimmer back story comic should be floating around somewhere.
Now that I looked, it should be in the 2013 Annual. The rest of it is EqG, but the first 8 pages show how pony Sunset Shimmer fell out of grace with Celestia.
>>
Herp derp "i don't like mlp but i post on /mlp/" attention whore

I suggest you find a new show, watch SU and browse their subreddit
>>
>>29141280
This is unironically correct.
>>
>>29141582
Fuck off, SU is shit. Their writers are incompetent retards playing paint-by-numbers, with no idea how to write when feminists haven't whined about the "Sexist" tropes they're using blindly, without originality or intelligence.
>>
>>29141582
I came here to piss you all off and ruin your board.
Now I can't fucking leave.
This is all your fucking fault again, faggots.
>>
>>29141600
That guy isn't me, I'm the guy with the sad twilight pic that spent his first christmas alone.

By the way, I felt better once it was over, my tulpa helped a lot. We're better off without my birth family.
>>
>>29141600
I'm not exactly sure how one ruins a board by themselves, but not being able to leave this one is a common story.
OP or not, what kept you interested here before that's gone now?
>>
File: IMG_4406.jpg (58KB, 592x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4406.jpg
58KB, 592x320px
>>29141268
I still like the show.

the comics are pretty terrible though
>>
>>29141628
No, really. Reply to both our comments, it'll say "OP" on one and not the other. I came here because every other brony forum I've ever seen is shiiiiiiiiiiit and I figured "Why not go to the place from the thread simulators for a laugh" and turns out y'all are nice people with good writethreads and drawthreads and adventurefics and all kind of stuff.
>>
>>29141647
I like the show, too.

I don't like Jim "It's for little girls, fuck the adults that think I owe them something, they should thank me for being more interactive with the fans than Hasbro would like!" Miller driving this world into the ground with bad retconning, character derailment, shitty stock plots, asspulls, worfing on a worse scale than ever before SOLELY to give the sue more screentime, and FUCKING. STARLIGHT GLIMMER. A CHARACTER THAT MAKES SCRAPPY DOO AND THE BITCH FROM MODERN FOP LOOK TOLERABLE.
>>
>>29141649
Fair enough. Some of the stuff I've seen come out of here is really nice and good.
>>
>>29141436
Sombra as a colt in My Little Pony: FIENDship is Magic Issue #1. quit crying like a bitch
>>
>>29141659
Still your opinion, but I respect it of course. I like Glimmer.
>>
>>29141628
I wasn't alone. We were a team of dedicated faggots that loved to ruin your serious discussions with stupid replies, dumb arguments and pointless garbage.
But they have all left now to do whatever the hell they wanted and I am stuck here.
The only consolation I have left, is how we managed to ruin your board beyond repair and kill most of the enthusiasm you once had.
Now we are together trapped in this hell, both of us miserable.
>>
>>29141672
I still love the show, books, and even some of the comics, but I doubt any Anon could change that for me. I wouldn't say the board is killed as much as deflated though, and that I feel has more to do with the fandom generally declining in activity as the novelty of ponies wears of on those who liked the stuff the fandom pumped out more than the show and characters themselves. To be fair though there has been a lot of change in all aspects of pony since S1/S2, and some of it was justifiably jarring enough to knock Anons off the ride.
Any specific examples of stuff you did though? Not trying to stir anything. Just curious what specifically you attempted or did to try and kill the board.
>>
File: mission complete.png (50KB, 1293x329px) Image search: [Google]
mission complete.png
50KB, 1293x329px
>>29141694
Here you go boyo
>>
>>29141704
First one is pretty prevalent, so well done if that was you I suppose.
I don't see that second one mentioned much.
That third one I see around a bit, but generally ignore that whole chain of conversation when it comes up.
Fourth one there has been around since after season two, but more broadly I see it being anything after season 3.
Fifth, see third.
I don't think you needed to do much to get Anons thinking that last one if you caused any change there. Any kind of new writer or cast change always gets extreme notice and critique here.
>>
File: d19.png (119KB, 403x378px) Image search: [Google]
d19.png
119KB, 403x378px
>>29141731
>Don't see the second one mentioned much
You don't pay attention. People complains/praises memes every episode.
>I see around a bit but ignore
Point proven
Again, point proven.
and yet again?
Ok then anon. Take the blue pill and pretend we never met.
>>
>>29141338
sunshit and starshit are both equally bad characters that have no place in this series
>>
File: TIQLLT.jpg (326KB, 988x817px) Image search: [Google]
TIQLLT.jpg
326KB, 988x817px
>>
>>29141585
no
>>
File: 1475401901292.webm (302KB, 1249x696px) Image search: [Google]
1475401901292.webm
302KB, 1249x696px
>>29141806
Apologize to Glimmy right now
>>
>>29141280
the only hope that remains
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.