[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FimFiction thread - Now with 72% more Bleedin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: horse4.jpg (69KB, 634x342px) Image search: [Google]
horse4.jpg
69KB, 634x342px
ITT: 10 months into 2016 zero words written, going back in time to make bad stories worse, self insert anthro clopfics with 1k+ upvotes, Pregnant Principal Poopy Pants, reading a million word series then not knowing how to continue life afterwards, not knowing who girokon is in 2016, non-edgy warfics, preemptively downvoting all of the new stroies, dropping a story one sentence in, non-raping tentacles, printing hardcover deadfics because of Past Sins, an educated adult human with an MBA arrives in equestria only to wind up working on an apple farm, Voiceguy returns!, immediately upon voiceguys return bleedin shows up and demands VG continues reading his shit, Voiceguy is never heard from again, pony economics make no sense, and lets all be thankful we don't speak French.

Tired of tracking stories that never get updated again? Still waiting for the feature box to showcase a good fic? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

>FiMFiction Starter Kit (recommended fics):
Winners:
http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png
List of nominees by category:
http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>How do I write fanfiction?
Ezn’s guide - https://eznguide.neocities.org/
Politics and the English Language - https://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/
Vhatug's tips for anatomically correct clop - https://pastebin.com/g4VpEg4f
Setting a story in motion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufO8LbwTdu0

>Can you pre-read my story?
Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled and give us a link. Someone will take a look at it eventually.

>Reviews and riffs:
https://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

>Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

Old thread: >>28536757
>>
>>28618920
bamp

Yeah I know it's page 6 fuck you
>>
>biscuit finally publishes a new oneshot
>only the 2nd one he's written since collegepone started in february
>1,200 words
>EqG Cheerilee and Harshwhinny run into each other in a Hallmark and talk about Harshwhinny's ex
This is literally the least pony-related thing I have ever read on Fimfiction
>>
>>28619226
>This is literally the least pony-related thing I have ever read on Fimfiction
Surprising coming from biscuit. But thats not the least pony related thing out there

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/69619/a-colt-to-forget
a human on earth does human shit while discord and luna occasionally watch
has anyone found anything less pony related than that?
>>
Post the best stories not already in the starter kit.
>>
>>28612921
It's canon that AJ couldn't afford hip replacement surgery for Granny Smith, which is what triggered the "Apples are poorfags teetering on the brink of poverty and bankruptcy" headcanon that's practically fanon at this point.

It's also canon they had to rebuild their barn several times over the course of a year and suffer from routine apple blight and fruit bat infestations, which quite handily explains their money issues.

At the same time, they're horrible at managing things. They refuse to use advanced machinery to improve the productivity and efficiency in their incredibly highly demanded cider because of muh tradition. They also refuse to mass distribute the cider, which could vastly increasing sales, because of misguided fears over it's "freshness." They have poor irrigation and terrible worker efficiency because Applejack is a stubborn idiot who becomes set in a certain way of doing things (something which sinks many companies). And, they have poor diversification. One bad blight or the pegasi fucking up and having a late Spring frost which devastated our cider mills a few years back, resulting in $12.00 a gallon cider and their entire product is down the tubes. Let's hope Equestria has strong crop insurance.

>>28612944
>Which is apple juice considering how they make it
Fresh apple cider is merely unfiltered, unsweetened apple juice that, if bought from a cider mill, is also unpasteurized. And yes, fresh cider can become frothy just like it's alcoholic cousin when shaken.

>>28616675
>constantly end in "____ said" is ALSO considered repetitive
That's not really correct. It's generally accepted that the "said" tag fades into the background for readers. How often do you notice it in stories?

While I, too, am a fan of dialogue > character action description, it can't always be used effectively. For example, in a conversation between multiple people or a scene where little actual action is happening.
>>
>>28621445
>unfiltered, unsweetened apple juice

Wasn't there some fermentation with it for alcohol to form to be considered cider? Here, freshly squeezed apple juice is just called apple juice, and cider has to have some alcohol.
>>
>>28621485
depends on location. some places use cider as alcoholic and juice as non-alky, others use cider/hard cider, etc

'juice' will always be unfermented. 'cider'? read the label
>>
>>28621445

>It's generally accepted that the "said" tag fades into the background for readers

This is true... IF you don't overuse it. That's why it's the default option.

If you use "___ said" four or five times in a row, that's bad writing, plain and simple. There's no excuse for it, and readers - at least, the ones who care about writing quality - will notice.
>>
>>28621952
In four or five lines? Maybe. "Said" is really an invisible word though.
>>
>>28620417
there are none. no good stories have been writtn in the last 2 years
>>
I am so embarrassingly slow in writing: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/344460/the-shadowbolts-adventures-the-glory-and-legend-of-eternal-city
>>
>>28623140
that is both the longest and least interesting title ive seen yet
>>
Aforementioned Disability: A Large Set of Unfinished Stories by BleedingEquine Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5_tjQ16m8

When you face insurmountable odds, suicide is a valid option.
>>
>>28623688
FUCK YES, FINALLY.
>>
>>28623688
Hey voiceguy, what did you think of each excerpt?
>>
>>28623798
I bursted out laughing when I heard "mental gullet".
>>
Bamp
>>
bamp again
>>
>>28623798
you think hes really paying attention to what hes doing at this point?
>>
One night I dreamed I was writing a story. A reassuring hand rested beside my own, tracing every letter with me as I wrote.

Sometimes the words came easily. Sometimes writer's block weighed me down. Sometimes the characters' personalities shone crystal clear, and sometimes I struggled to portray them.

When at last it was finished, I looked upon it. But where I had most despaired, the doubled handwriting gave way to but a single hand. Where I had felt nigh to giving up, there was only one set of handwriting.

I turned to the owner of the reassuring hand. "Bleedin, why did you forsake me when I was most in need?"

"Oh Anon," He whispered, "That is not your handwriting, but mine. I did not abandon you. When you faltered, I wrote in your place. When your imagination stumbled, it was I who carried on for you."

And I looked upon those passages once more, and saw in my sweet tale of Twilestia a passage of Twilight murdering and eating the CMC, and a paragraph of Rarity and RD fucking one another with a train-sized dildo.

And I looked upon Bleedin with tears in my eyes, my heart greatly moved.
>>
am i unbanned yet
>>
so which is worse- bleedin, or someone who writes fanfiction for a show hes never seen?
>>
File: uguu.png (191KB, 834x519px) Image search: [Google]
uguu.png
191KB, 834x519px
wtf i hate sweetie belle now
>>
>>28626958
Your mom and her cock.
>>
>fic expects me to understand references to events that happened AFTER steason 2
>>
File: wot.jpg (114KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
114KB, 1500x1200px
>>28627305
>fic expects me to understand references to events after season 4's finale
>>
File: after.jpg (328KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
after.jpg
328KB, 1024x640px
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/283824/after

I've been working on this story for nearly a year now. I updated it just a few minutes ago, and I would appreciate it if more people could check it out!

It's a sequel though, but there's a link to the first story in the description!

AFTER: Set in the aftermath of the events in Manehattan, Rainbow and the others try to cope with the situation. As Swift Shadow continues to instill fear into the populace, Rainbow keeps a vow to keep you safe.

But even promises can be forgotten.
>>
>>28626964
Distaff Pope has a gift for writing people suffering from mental trauma; that's all I'll say about Unbearable Lightness and Your Own Worst Enemy. Definitely worth a read but don't go in expecting a happy, lighthearted story.

Also, The Diamond in the Stars is one of the best shipfics out there, and the best TwilightxRarity shipfic, and it's worth reading Unbearable Lightness just so you have the context necessary to enjoy Diamond in the Stars.
>>
>>28627594
I really think he either experienced the kind of trauma in the story first hand, or knows someone who did. It is MUCH too accurate to have been written by someone who never had it happen to them.
>>
>>28627529
>After will take place in the coming days, weeks and months [if possible, even years] after Regret. The story is a mixture of 2nd and 3rd POVs [1st very rarely] and will be separated into acts, or a story's equivalent of seasons of a television show. This will be a very long ride indeed, folks. Hopefully you'll enjoy.
>>
>>28627659
I think someone in the comments asked him if he had any experience as a shrink and he said that he was writing from his own experiences, so yeah, I think you're right about that. He does a damn good job at getting you into her head too.

The Royal Ponyville Orchestra is pretty good for that too, but I have issues with how the story is written; mainly, that the stuff before and the stuff after the Nightmare Night chapter feel like two very different stories with different plots, themes, and very different tones (lighthearted rom-com like in the beginning of Unbearable Lightness vs. dark psychological stuff like in Your Own Worst Enemy). It creates a very obvious divide that destroys the flow of the story for a few chapters while the author reestablishes himself. Still a very good read though if you liked his Sweetie stories.
>>
File: 1473564092421.gif (714KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
1473564092421.gif
714KB, 253x253px
>>28627699
>mixing POVs
>>
>>28627714
>He does a damn good job at getting you into her head too
Yes, Unbearable Lightness was the first fic that ever made me cry while reading it.
>>
File: 1471580933501.png (219KB, 487x367px) Image search: [Google]
1471580933501.png
219KB, 487x367px
page 8 save
>>
>>28628497
why?
>>
>>28621485
Here in the US, there are two types. "Hard cider" is the alcoholic kind, while "sweet cider" (or just "cider") is the freshly squeezed kind. People living in states where cider mills are quite common, like here in Michigan, almost always refer to cider as the fresh variety. The difference between apple juice and fresh apple cider is in the "rawness" of it. One's filtered, usually from concentrate, and pasteurized and the other's what happens when you grind an apple up, press it out, and stick it in a milk jug.

It's also another reason the Apples are so shit at running a cider mill. Cider mills make fucktons of money in the fall and cider only makes up a small portion of that money. There's pick-your-own apples, donuts, hayrides, corn mazes, apple fire wood, pumpkins/fall decorations, honey, and some even have other fruits available (like cherries) during their respective harvest seasons.

The Apples sell cider, apples, and jam (and maybe pies if my memory's right). The money they'd make from whoring out to school field trips alone could probably buy Granny Smith robotic legs.

>>28626964
>sequel
>no knowledge of the story it's a sequel of is needed
Do authors just put that in there because they're worried new readers will be scared off by the original story?

If it's a sequel, and it has nothing to do with the original, why call it a sequel? Other than to get the readers of the original to read it.

>>28627529
>mixture of 2nd and 3rd POVs [1st very rarely]
That sounds like a huge clusterfuck.
>>
>>28627529
>starts off as a tragic love story
>has a dark, cliffhanger ending leading into a sequel, all good so far
>suddenly introduce some stupid plot about a cult or some shit
>don't know or care about the new characters that are introduced
>suddenly they blow up the entirety of equestria using METHANE turning it into a post apocalyptic wasteland
>the story with rainbow and the MC has still gone fucking nowhere
What the fuck are you doing dude.
>>
>>28629178
Oh, that's the difference. We only sell natural brown apple juice or (frozen) cider in Quebec.

>The money they'd make from whoring out to school field trips alone could probably buy Granny Smith robotic legs.

Ponyville is canonly at least a few hours of trotting from the only sizeable city, Canterlot. that's probably why people rarely come there except for the special snowflake Zap Apples and the citizens.
>>
>>28629186
>suddenly they blow up the entirety of equestria using METHANE turning it into a post apocalyptic wasteland
destroying equestria with farts. Its like kudzuhaiku decided to take a stab at FoE

And that right there should indicate to you that you're on the wrong track
>>
>>28626757
11/10
>>
File: 1439410314741.jpg (191KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1439410314741.jpg
191KB, 1680x1050px
>>28627305
>>28627362
>fanfiction of a show expects me to watch the show
>>
>>28630921
Aint nobody got time fo dat
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.