[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post episodes you hate but everyone likes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 17

File: -_S2E23.png (585KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
-_S2E23.png
585KB, 1280x720px
ITT: Post episodes you hate but everyone likes.
>>
>>28247748
Putting your hoof down
>>
It Ain't Easy Being Breezie
>>
>Show in general
>>
>>28247788
No one likes that one, anon.
>>
Probably the cakes on a train episode.

>It just looked so delicious that we literally cannot stop ourselves from eating a huge chunk of a cake that Mr. and Mrs. Cake worked very hard on.
>Also, we're going to lie about it to our friends.
>Also, when we describe the other chefs stuff, they'll lose control too.
>This makes sense

Also, the whole griffon baker thing still doesn't make sense in the show universe.
>>
>>28247795
My bad, I thought it said "episodes you like but everyone hates"
>>
>>28247748
28 Pranks Later
>>
File: titles - all.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
titles - all.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Filly vanilly
>>
It's About Time

I don't hate it, I just don't get why it's so well-liked
>>
The Saddle Row Review
>>
>>28247822
>Twi spergs out
>Self-generating causality time travel loop
It's fun and has interesting stuff like establishing Equestrian Tartarus and Cerberus, and the time travel loop works and can make for a head-scratcher where you ask yourself "if Twilight had to go back in time to tell herself where the spell was, how did she know to go there to find the spell and tell herself where the spell was?" It's an infinite loop thing, and Doctor Who has used it a number of times, but yeah.

In terms of stuff happening, it's a pretty empty episode, but it was enjoyable to me.
>>
A HearthsWarming's Tail, I don't hate it I just found it boring.
>>
>>28247839
She knew to go there to find the spell to tell herself where the spell was because her future self traveled back in time to tell her after learning it from her future self who learned it from her future self who learned it from her future self who...
>>
owls well that ends well
>>
>>28247748
Pinkie Pride
>>
File: 1392410002545.png (311KB, 865x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1392410002545.png
311KB, 865x1000px
>>28247822
Because of Solid Snake reference
>>
>>28247853
The real kicker is just that there was never a "first point" where the loop began to exist. Presumably there would have to be an alternate timeline Twilight who ended up there under different circumstances and began it, and the Twilight we begin with in the episode was any number of loops later.
>>
Lesson Zero
All of S6
Most of S5
>>
>>28247866
No. It's just a self-causal loop. It is because it is. You are stuck in your linear ways.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-03-00h03m58s123.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-03-00h03m58s123.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>28247748
all rainbow dash episodes
>>
>>28247911
I mean, yeah, the loop exists because it exists, but it doesn't have a reason to have begun to exist. Twilight would have never ended up in the Starswirl scroll area with Pinkie if she hadn't told herself about it, so why would the loop have even begun? It just seems to have been a spontaneous hiccup in the universe that just went "you're going to have a causal loop today, and here's how", which, from a meta point is exactly how it happened via the writers.
>>
All of the musical episodes.

The songs are rushed and forgettable when there's like 10 of them in a single episode and they're 40-60 seconds each.

22 minutes just doesn't work very well for a "musical" format. Dexter's Lab did it much better, because it was just 10 minutes, and it was continuous music, instead of song->dialog->song->dialog->song->dialog
>>
>>28247812
>fan of the fandom

get >>>/out/
>>
>>28247937
You're still stuck in linear thinking. It didn't "begin" anywhere. There is no such thing as causality. It is just a particular arrangement of spacetime — a sort of "closed timelike curve."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_timelike_curve
>>
almost this >>28247936, but not quite
>>
Sleepless in Ponyville, more than hate it I think was very overrated
>>
Everything past season 1. I don't understand why everyone enjoys S2+ so much without any hinderance.
>>
Dragon Quest. I haven't seen it in years, but I thought it was alright when it aired.
>>
>>28247748
Gauntlet of Fire
A Hearth's Warming Tale
Amending Fences
Lesson Zero
Winter Wrap-Up

Some of these I didn't even hate, just did not get into.
>>
>>28248466
Fuck. I made the same mistake as this guy >>28247804.
>>
Slice of Life
It wasn't retarded enough.
>>
I fucking love the all the season 6
>>
File: 1471045230537.jpg (64KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
1471045230537.jpg
64KB, 680x684px
>>28249045
MEMEZ
>>
>>28249045
Sort of agreed.

I did like the episode, but it felt like all of the jokes were, "Hey look guys, it's that background pony doing something silly! Isn't that hilarious!?"
>>
Amending Fences.
It just feels way too forced for me to actually enjoy it.

It's also, while not actually retroactive canon, still behaves as such.
Maybe it's because I never saw those ponies in the intro as Twilight's friends, seeing as how the entire premise of the show was about how Twilight didn't have any friends and needed to make some.
And even when they retconned in her brother they still hammed up the "I didn't have no friends".

Also Moondancer is fucking Twilight clone #176
>>
File: This.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
This.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>28247827
THIS

I fucking hated that episode and everyone kept calling my posts bait whenever I said anything about it.
>>
>>28247827
>>28249124
Sweep sweep sweep out the faggots.

Seriously though it was a fresh breath of life in Season6 and was a nice mane 6 focused episode to boot.
>>
>>28249121
>Maybe it's because I never saw those ponies in the intro as Twilight's friends
Twilight never really saw them as her friends either. That was sort of one of the points of the episode. She could barely even remember their names. They were more just ponies she sort of hung out with. They were all more friends with each other than they were with Twilight.

I mean look at this photograph. It clearly shows that back then she didn't give a fuck about them and was more interested in books than socializing. So they don't really count as friends in the same way the M6 do. They're more like that group of kids you eat lunch with in the high school cafeteria but lose contact with immediately after you graduate
>>
File: graduation.png (143KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
graduation.png
143KB, 300x300px
>>28249155
>They're more like that group of kids you eat lunch with in the high school cafeteria but lose contact with immediately after you graduate
>>
>>28249145
it was the beginning of neo-writers era
>>
>>28249176
>implying is something wrong with that
Look, if you hate the show so much why you still here, seriously people get out
>>
The Saddle Row Review

Aside Coco Pommel scene i hated it.
>>
>>28249198
(not him) If the show had ended after the S5 finale, could we still be posting here? Probably yes, we could. This place would be much more dead, but we'd have something.
The show didn't end, and some of us don't like this season. Not only we've "lost" a show we used to love, you're saying we've also "lost" the right to come here to gather. Well, fuck you.
>>
SRR
Though it isn't so much hate as it is I just didn't like it.
>>
>>28249271
The end of the show is the end of the heath fandom, if you come here after that, you properly just get shit, just as the others great fandoms in the past, just looks the first stars wars fans, are fucking awful people, they can't accept that the thing what's they are obsessed is over since 30 years old already, and behave like assholes with the people who loves the new sagas
>>
Inspiration Manifestation.

I didn't think Bloom & Gloom was anything special either.
>>
>>28247748
The Gift of Maud Pie
>>
>>28247858
This.
>>
Cart Before the Ponies

Literally the worst episode of this show
>>
>>28250135
>everyone likes
>>
>>28247748
Pretty much all Rarity episodes. Such a boring, overrated character.

Also GoF.
>>
>>28247748
>>
It's not what happens in the episode that I don't like. It just has this kiddie atmosphere throughout the entirety of it that isn't in most season 1 episodes.

More specifically the party at the end.
>>
>>28249271
literally nobody will tell you that you have great taste just because you are counterculturing,it's exactly like elitism in /vr/, bye have a great time
>>
>>28253284
Completely agreed. The pranks and the party at the end felt much more like what I originally expected from MLP before watching it.

I love Pinkie's characterization in this episode though. Even after Gilda was such an asshole to her, she still took Twilight's advice, left Gilda and RD alone and considered that maybe she really was jealous. Quite the contrast to s2+ Pinkie, who chased Cranky through the whole town.
>>
>>28247851
I hated the Christmas Carol part of it.
>>
>>28253284
Same here. On the occasions that I revisit it, I skip the pranks because they're slow and annoying. The only reason it's on my good list is because it really surprised me with Pinkie not getting straight revenge. That twist made the episode for me, but on the whole it's not incredibly watchable.
>>
File: 396434.png (796KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
396434.png
796KB, 1280x720px
Admit it. If it wasn't for the Smile Song, this episode would be forgettable as fuck.
>>
>>28253421
Not just forgettable - it's downright cringeworthy. If it weren't for the Smile Song, it'd be one of the worst episodes in the entire show.
>>
>>28253421
>>28253642
Honestly, what the fuck happened to Amy Keating Rogers after season 1?

I mean, I don't consider most of her episodes as "bad" but the characterization in some of them are just completely fucked up beyond belief. Mainly Pinkie Pie, with Filli Vanilli being her worst offender.
>>
>>28253679
It's just AKR's taste to write Pinkie that way since season1.

I kinda like the way AKR writes Pinkie.
>>
File: 1434439913515.png (542KB, 628x542px) Image search: [Google]
1434439913515.png
542KB, 628x542px
>>28247748
I cannot tell you how edgy and hostile I felt after this episode. I felt as if the Mane 6 handled the situation horribly by acting the way they did towards the CMC. Being the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, I would've thought they would've acted much more kindly and compassionate towards the fillies, but instead lashed out and acted foolishly. The show portrays the Mane 6 as the defenders of harmony and friendship, but the last thing I saw in that episode was either of those elements, especially since the fact that the Six could've diffused the situation earlier on and prevented the CMC from carrying onward and unintentionally causing the distress and malice that ensued. And what made me fume was the fact that even after it was revealed that Diamond Tiara was blackmailing them into writing these columns, the town still acted as if the CMC was to blame.

TL;DR: I wanted to murder everyone in that goddamn town.
>>
>>28253679

At least she gave us a dramatic farewell with The Mane Attraction.
>>
Times they are a changeling
>>
Slice of Life
I don't know why they gave background ponies important role in whole episode
>>
>>28254749
because literally everyone wanted this
>>
Maud Pie.

For me Maud is such a boring character. I don't really understand why people like her that much.

But she was alright in Heartbreakers
>>
>>28247748
the one fucking luna episode in s5 that everyone says is 2deep4u like its fucking catcher in the rye all over again.
edge≠depth
>>
Magical Mystery Cure
>>
>>28247851
If you do "A Christmas Carol", it better be good.
>>
>>28247937
That's how time loops work. Since they cause themselves, it's completely arbitrary when they exist.
>>
There are no episodes that I "hate", but there are two I consider to be "bad" compared to the rest of the show - The Season 3 opener precisely.

The episode my opinion tends to clash with the board's opinion however is "The Best Night Ever". I like the episode itself, however I consider it to be the worst finale in the whole series.
>>
>>28254875
>>28247937
Here's an example.
>have a time machine
>suddenly an anvil falls on you
>die
Alternatively
>anvil falls
>your future self saves you by pushing you out of the way
>later, you go back in time to save your past self

The laws of causality don't tell us which one happens, so it seems arbitrary. A fictional universe could have some rules for which timeline happens, but we don't have any evidence for that in MLP.
>>
File: one bad apple.png (429KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
one bad apple.png
429KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>28247811
Nobody likes that one either anon.

>>28247827
>>28249124
>>28249219
>>28249331
MAXIMUM OVERPLEB

>>28254878
>best night ever worse than magical mystery cure

>>28254830
>he disliked Catcher in the Rye
Shit taste.
>>
>>28253284
Strange, IMO this episode, alongside baby cakes has the best Pinkie Pie characterisation in the show
>>
>>28255490
>magical mystery cure
MMC is one of the best episodes in the whole show. What you think about the alicornation shouldn't affect the way you judge the episode, and the episode is amazing.
>>
>>28247748
Every CMC episode.
>>
>>28255640
>What you think about the plot shouldn't affect the way you judge the story
>>
>>28255662
>implying any brain activity
>>
>>28255490
>how dare you have different opinions
>>
File: 1443400261197.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
1443400261197.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>28254397
>That scene near the end where Rainbow Dash was continuously pouring down rain on the CMC.

Even in my Rainbow Dash loving days of 2012, I wanted to fucking strangle her.
>>
>>28254830
Go to bed Lily Peet.
>>
>>28247827
>>28249124
I didn't hate it, but I never understood the unbelievable hype around it either. It's average at best. While we're at it, what did people find so hilarious about the sweep joke? Not trying to be condescending, I'm genuinely curious. Plus it would've fit Pinkie way better. She's the one to come up with random songs out of nowhere and trying to make everything fun, regardless of how silly it may be.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.