[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really, No Macross thread? Isamu Dyson is three years old.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 22

File: 3353555315.jpg (209KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
3353555315.jpg
209KB, 680x440px
Really, No Macross thread?

Isamu Dyson is three years old.
>>
>>15609199
>March 27, 2015
>three years old

Learn to math.
>>
>3

dont you mean two
>>
>>15609199
Even though three other people have pointed it out before me I'll point it out as well

>3 years old

Uhh...
2017 - 2015 = 2

>>
Macross is ded
>>
Bigger
>>
>>15609199
Lets do the math shall we?
It begins with the birth on the 27th of March 2015, then the 27th of March 2016 is 1 year. And from then on to 27th of March 2017 is another 1 year.

This year is 2017 so lets count it all up, 1+1=2. Learn how to math bruh
>>
What are the Roy Fokker Prizes??? Better be a lot of pineapple salad
>>
>>15609220
>>15609229
>>15609247
>>15609488
While you're all correct, in Asian countries they count ages differently.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning
>>
>>15609522
>The traditional system of age reckoning, or kazoedoshi (数え年), was rendered obsolete by law in 1902 when Japan officially adopted the modern age system,[5][6][7] known in Japanese as man nenrei (満年齢). However, the traditional system was still commonly used, so in 1950 another law was established to encourage people to use the modern age system.[8][9][10]
>>
>>15609540
So?
>>
>>15609571
While your post has a point, it doesn't apply to this particular case, meaning OP is still retarded.
>>
>>15609576
How do you know OP isn't asian?
>>
>>15609199
No.

He'd be in his third year of life, but he's not 3yo til 27 Mar 18.
>>
First Macross thread in ages and people are talking about math.
>>
SDF > II > Zero > Delta > Plus > 7 > Frontier
>>
>>15611447
>First Macross thread in ages
Lurk moar
>>
File: 1496693998126.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496693998126.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>15611496
You sure about that nigger?
>>
File: eager-01.jpg (113KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
eager-01.jpg
113KB, 800x743px
>>15611691
Refless?
>>
>>15611452
DYRL>SDF=Plus>II>7>Zero>Frontier>Delta
>>
>>15612090
SDF = DYRL > Plus > 7 > II > Delta > Frontier > Zero
>>
Is there anything the VF-19 would be better at than the VF-25, or would it be an all-aspect upgrade?
>>
Delta > Zero > 7 > Frontier movies > everything else

The Zero hate is absolutely stupid
>>
>>15613030
The VF-19 doesn't have the VF-25's variety of mission loadouts.

The VF-25 is also much easier to pilot thanks to the ISC reducing the G forces on the pilot.

The non-monkey model 19 is good if you can bring out its performance a la Isamu, otherwise you're better off using a 25, and the 25 is much better as a mass-produced grunt machine anyway.
>>
>>15609310
No
>>
WE WUZ PROTOCULTURE
>>
File: Mirage(47).jpg (144KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mirage(47).jpg
144KB, 847x1200px
So how would you guys have improved Delta?
>>
>>15614679

More screentime for Ragnan apples instead of Winderemerean apples.
>>
>>15614679
More missile spam.
Less song energy overclocking.
Mirage actually getting gud.
>>
>>15614679

Establish that Hayate is never going to be more than an 'okay' pilot, but his real strength is as a Battroid fighter. After piloting Messer's plane that first time, Hayate realizes that he can goad the Ariel Knights into honor duels which while kinda stupid allow him to constrain the terms of the battle to cover his faults.

Outside of these honor duels, he basically just plays wingman to Mirage. He saves her life, she saves his. They have to constantly be watching out for each other and fight in synch, which Mirage has some difficulty with until Hayate explains that he thinks of her as a dance partner. Round out the other corner of that triangle a bit.

Have some of the younger Knights willingly side with Roid before the final episode, which results in Heinz fleeing in exile with Keith as Roid assumes command after kidnapping Mirage. Keith and Hayate have some supremely awkward conversations off the field of battle, knowing that they will have to fight side by side in the end.

In final battle consists of Delta + Keith flying against the remaining knights and other Windemeren forces while Heinz sings onstage with Walkure, complete with his own transformation and intro. The cool older Knight switches sides mid battle and tries to talk the other knighst down before getting killed by Bogue, who then has a climactic final battle with Hayate. Freya and Heinz both sing their hearts out, literally, leaving them on death's door by the end of the fight. Hayate, confronted with Freya's imminent death, confesses his feelings for her in full. Heinz uses FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE known only to the royal family to give the last of his life force to Freya to save her life, restoring a few more years to her before she croaks so she can life with Hayate.

Without a royal family, Windemere falls to civil unrest and infighting until the NUNS quietly take control of the planet and disband their military.
>>
>>15614752
I feel like there was all of two scenes that had an appreciable amount of missiles.
>>
>>15614679
I would have put more emphasis in the student/teacher relationship with Hayate and Mirage. Make Mirage his Quattro Bajeena. She doesn't have to win the triangle either, but it could be a good reason for Freyja to think her own relationship with Hayate is being threatened since in the actual show, she apparently never fucking knew Mirage had a thing for him.
>>
>>15614753
>Without a royal family, Windemere falls to civil unrest and infighting until the NUNS quietly take control of the planet
I really like this in particular. Kind of a bitter sweet ending for the oppressed side but it kinda shows there's no room for monarchy in modern day.
>>
>>15614679
>improved Delta

More Mirage screentime and agency
Kill most of the Aerial knights earlier on
Don't make the Aerial knights get away scot-free
Keith really dies in his duel with Hayate.
Mikumo is a Protodevlin
>>
>>15614828

That, and Windemere NEEDED to get its shit slapped, either softly or hard, by the end. They pulled some serious shit during the show and the actual show ends on a note of them somehow getting away with it without consequence, despite the only logical next step being Windemere getting fucked so hard we have to come up with a new word to describe it.

The war was mostly ignored until the end by the NUNG because it was very remote and small scale and they had other problems. That indifference ended the moment that Roid mind-controlled everyone in the galaxy for a few minutes.

The entire NUNG leadership just voted yes to Dimension eater the planet Windemere until there is no trace of it left by the tiem the endingc credits rolled. That a fucking certainty. And since the jammers are decently effective against the song of the wind (which Heinz can't sing for much longer anyway) and the song of the stars is off the table? AND KEITH IS DEAD? The Windies are fucked. The full might of the NUNG is coming down like a hammer on them, and they are fresh out of bullshit plot devices to save them.
>>
File: 1450044367.jpg (257KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1450044367.jpg
257KB, 1280x1440px
HAHAHAHA fucking idiot.
>>
>>15614945

I can't blame Hayate for not foreseeing the absolute non-starter that was the final episode of the show.

> no buildup, we have to introduce and resolve the fucking final fight in the same episode
> spend a third of it in hazy mindspace, killing all sense of tension and hype
> Delta does literally nothing of importance in any kind of combat role the entire episode, main character included
> Windie characters fighting Windie characters while the humans just sort of hang around and watch.
> No medley song. Okay, fine, that can go down in history as Frontier's thing.
> No new music in the final episode at all
> Don't actually resolve the war in any meaningful way, despite not having any real expectation of there being a continuation.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Like, HOW? How do you fuck up a final episode THAT BADLY? It might as well have been episode 18 instead of episode 26, because that's what it felt like across the board.
>>
>>15614890
Speaking of NUNS, I wonder if the sequel anime will follow up on the fact that they lost a huge percentage of their fleet? Maybe the galaxy will be in an unrest or something.
>>15614982
Shit writing at its worst. I actually heard there was supposed to be a sequel OVA or something as well as a Wright Immelmann prequel OVA.
>>
>>15613126

If Isamu can bring out the VF-19's potential he can probably do the same with the VF-25 really, and perform to a higher overall standard because the VF-25 is a better machine.
>>
What the hell was his endgame?
>>
>>15617777
He just wanted to see Minmay.
>>
>>15614679
Make dancing be Hayate's gimmick instead of introducing that and then never showing the Battroid again
>>
>>15611447
>First Macross thread in ages and people are talking about math.

Proof that /m/ is dead and buried. Six feet under.
>>
>>15611452
>SDF > II > Zero > Delta > Plus > 7 > Frontier

Frontier > 7 > II > Zero > SDF > Plus > ................>>>>> Delta
>>
>>15614679

I feel like Delta has several things that need to be re-done from the very beginning. The central cast of Walkure and Delta is too big for a start I think, at 5 members each, so I'd make them both 3 member teams by getting rid of Reina and Makina as well as ditching Arad and initially Chuck - though once Messer dies, I'd have Chuck brought in as the new Delta pilot. I think Mikumo's part and past should also be much less shrouded and mysterious from the off. I'd also re-imagine things so that instead of Walkure being an established group that operates on the battlefield to combat Var it starts out as Mikumo being used as a generic Macross attempt to pacify a battlefield using singing and evolves in to a Var combat unit that actively participates in combat with Delta.

I think Freyja's past should also be rejiggered somewhat, with Basara being the one to give her a walkman full of songs in the past rather than Wright Immelman, while there to experience Windermerian singing since he's heard that it's really powerful and can even control minds in some circumstances. He might even inspire her to view the Star song as less powerful than Roid and the Windermerian royalty wish to portray it. Mostly I just like the idea of some continuity between Macross singers, with past ones continually inspiring the next generation; so Basara was inspired by Minmei, and Freyja is in turn inspired by Basara.

I'd have the first episode be the Aerial Knights attacking and NUNs attempting to use Mikumo, who has been specifically engineered and raised as the culmination of the Minmei plan to try to pacify them, only for the Aerial Knights to use their own song that nullifies hers while raising their own morale and physiology, leaving Mikumo and her handlers, including Kaname stunned. The NUNs VF forces are now on the backfoot, with Messer's squad, including second Mirage being overwhelmed.
>>
>>15619641

The stunned Mikumo stops singing since she cannot fathom someone directly nullifying her purpose, at which point Heinz uses the Var song to take control of the civilian population and make the situation even more hopeless. I'd have Freyja jump in to help at that point, directly interacting with the battlefield to help break Var control in a localized area and Hayate trying to save her by using a work Destroid and eventually a down VF. Have Freyja be the one whose voice helps save the day in the first episode, not Mikumo, since I think that act alone set an unreasonable expectation on Mikumo's character that the show never followed through on. Hayate's actions helping her while trying to save her could also directly inspire the creation of Delta squad, with Arad, reimagined as a desk bound middle manager and not a flight participant liking what he sees and forming Walkure along with Kaname.

Basically I think Freyja's story should be her, at least initially compared to and contrasted with Mikumo, who is engineered to help NUNs and people but can't follow through on it because being all the responsibility placed on her and being raised in relative isolation left her vulnerable and unable to appreciate what she's supposed to save, along with Kaname who gave up on a career as a singer because of a lack of popularity.
>>
Why not fix Delta by having the singers be the pilots, so we can have the team of female singer-pilots vs the boyband pilot team, as initially assumed by the first promo pics?
>>
>>15619744
Why not fix Macross as a whole by making the pilot the main focus instead of the idols? Christ this trend started in 7 and got much worse in Frontier. At least in Frontier, Alto had some mildy interesting character traits, but Delta's Hayate is the fucking worst. Macross wasn't supposed to be about the girl getting the dick, it was supposed to be about the guy flying fast planes, killing alien niggers, and getting bitches.
>>
>>15619859
I am in fact, advocating to remove Hayate and the other pilots outright.

Basically this will make Delta like AKB0048.
>>
>>15619859
>Alto had some mildy interesting character traits

His only use is bishonen trap fanart. Otherwise the character is annoying and lame and exists for nothing more than the love triangle.
>>
>>15619881
At least he is a character though. And at least he somewhat fits in with the criteria I set out despite the fact Frontier was essentially the Sheryl and Ranka show.
>>
>>15618153
>eva kids are high schoolers now
>Gunbuster girls are in their 20s, basically dying of old age
>Code Geass characters also in mid-20s
>>
>>15619859

I kind of wish that Mirage had been the daughter of one Max and Millia's adopted kids, instead of one of their biological kids, since I feel like Hayate being initially brusque toward her because he feels she has every advantage in a loving family with a lineage in this line of work while he has no idea who his father was and struggles to be a good pilot would make for a better conflict/resolution if the show reveals that Mirage feels out of place precisely because the lineage is only by adoption, not blood and she has to work hard just to be a good pilot while she's surly with Hayate because she's jealous of his natural talent. Add to that the show acknowledging that he's bad at dealing with grief/loss with Messer and refuses to contemplate replacing him because he never learned to deal with it and eventually has to accept new squadmate(s) and I feel like it'd do a good deal to give him personality and things to do for a good chunk of the show. Start having him teach Freyja to dance and make more use of the Immelman dance in a VF and you could probably fill out the show's runtime just using those.

As is, the only thing they ever really did with him was have him accept that he must kill, which was done in one episode and barely relevant since he was fairly pacificist regardless.
>>
>>15609522
>>15609540
Isamu isn't asian, shithead.
>>
>>15609444
gosh, if they redid this image to reflect social media it'd be full of fake-Instagram images of isamu being a douche and medals or something
>>
>>15620646

Why would a military report of any kind include social media?
>>
>>15620654
wasn't it a personnel dossier? figure they might throw all sorts of info in there, get a measure of character and all that.
>>
>>15620660

It says 'Test Flight Report' on the top and seems mostly concerned with his military record, so I doubt it.
>>
>>15620665
hmm, perhaps. this sounds like a good excuse to refresh my memory.
>>
>>15620566
Nah I honestly think it would still work if she was blood related. The extra tension from being adopted would be kind of forced imo.
>>
SDF > 7 > Plus > DYRL > Frontier > II > Zero

Delta? What's that
>>
>>15611452
7 Dynamite > 7 = Plus >= SDF > Zero > Frontier > Delts
>>
>>15614890
>They pulled some serious shit during the show and the actual show ends on a note of them somehow getting away with it without consequence, despite the only logical next step being Windemere getting fucked so hard we have to come up with a new word to describe it
This. After the shit they've done, they deserve at least post-WWII Japan treatment.
>>
i just saw macross: do you remember love... im a bit let down. not impressed.

suggested macross series or movies?
>>
>>15623756
Frontier movies is objectively better than the TV series counterpart.
>>
Has it been explained why the method of folding has changed between series? In SDF, 7, and Plus, ships fade in and out to fold. But in Frontier and Delta, it's more like they go through a gate. Has there been any reasoning behind this, like a stated improvement in folding technique, or am I just autistically overthinking some artistic liscence?
>>
File: vf4screen.jpg (99KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
vf4screen.jpg
99KB, 550x367px
So I've a couple of question I've been curious about, and this seems as good a place as any to ask: the VF-4 Lightning III is listed as having two ramjets, but lower thrust to weight than even a regular VF-1 Valkyrie; with the proviso that the thrust to weight is calculated only using the standard engines.

Which leads me to ask: don't regular ramjets only work in atmosphere? Isn't the VF-4 supposedly better as a space unit, hence why some places used the VF-5000 as a planetary unit? Wouldn't it be better as a planetary unit if it's ramjets were atmospheric use only? Is the VF-4 the only unit with ramjets (among other things, like built in beam guns on the arms)? Do the ramjets work more like Bussard Ramjets or something, to make it a better space unit? Basically, the unit perplexes me, but I love the design and wish more VF's had adopted some of it's design features or trends, going for a more futuristic look overall, instead of jets in space, like the franchise has tended towards since.
>>
>>15623822
>am I just autistically overthinking some artistic liscence?

You answered your own question.
>>
This seems like the thread to ask, but do I need to have watched anything to get into Macross 7?
>>
>>15624773
>do I need to have watched anything to get into Macross 7?
You don't have to (there's recaps that cover everything you need to know), but I'd strongly recommend watching the first series and DYRL beforehand. But if 7's the only one you really want to watch, then go ahead.
>>
File: vf-14-m3blue-fighter.gif (75KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
vf-14-m3blue-fighter.gif
75KB, 800x528px
>>15624735
>love the design and wish more VF's had adopted some of it's design features or trends, going for a more futuristic look overall
There's this one at least.
>>
>>15623802
If he didn't like DYRL, he's not gonna like the Frontier movies, which are the same thing (gorgeous animation, objectively shallower story and characterization)
>>
File: area-88-4.png (332KB, 464x351px) Image search: [Google]
area-88-4.png
332KB, 464x351px
What irl jet will the next space plane look like?
>>
>>15624769

Its a legitmate question, because the mechanics of how a ship enters Fold was fucking important in earlier shows.

Major plot points of SDF and M7 literally cannot happen with Frontier style purple gates.
>>
>>15623822
Post-supernova advancement in technology and understanding. Also, How did AFOS warp in Zero?
>>15626607
I personally want something heavier than a fighter frame. Koenig Monster was nice but give me a proper bomber.
Also, a proper single engine design would be nice.
>>
Is macross Frontier good? I'm thinking about watching it, I'm fairly new to macross and I've only seen SDF, DYRL, 7, 7D, Plus, 0, and delta.
I didn't care for 0 or Delta.
>>
>>15627646

You can't really do a single engine design unless you're not going to put any engines in the legs and thrusters in the feet. Even the YF-21 had auxiliary engines in the two legs, and the few fan designs that do attempt it usually just have the two feet conjoined to form a single engine even though they split to form seperate engines for Battroid and Gerwalk.
>>
>>15627703
>I'm fairly new to macross and I've only seen every single one of them except for Frontier
How the fuck people like you still can't figure out if they will like the show or not on their own? You already know what this franchise is about. Download 1st episode and watch 10 minutes of it.
>>
I like Macross.

To be honest, I don't understand the hate for Frontier, it was pretty good.

Zero and Delta on the other hand were quite the let downs.

Love everything else though.
>>
>>15627711
Well, you can but you would have to use arrangement akin to that used on Harriers but this kinda defeats whole GEARwalk idea. Let me try again, 'a proper design with one main engine'.
VF-22 is a good example, as it actually could be a single engine design with that transformation mechanism, as is. And that Viper/Falcon fan design is rather clever as well.
Personally, I see it as a assault/close support plane. Ducted fans can be incorporated into wing/gondolas for hovering, as shown on quinjets or SV-51 with it's twin fan boosters, while single engine can be gimbaled somewhere for directional thrust.
Also, non-humanoid Battroid.
>>15627703
Yes. No. Maybe. Watch it. Or if you don't have time, watch movies, they are standalones.
>>
>>15627723
Wow rude. I thought /m/ was a nice board. I can't believe people like you are verbally attacking innocent people asking innocent questions.
>>
>>15627753
Welcome to 4chan, enjoy your stay.

But seriously, this used to be wretched hive of scum and villainy, what did you expect? Grow some thick skin and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>15627646
I want to see more of that Starfighter VF, the Sv.154.
>>
>>15627723
Same reason people still can't figure fucking production order out.
>>
>>15627723
>>15627874
You people really need to rethink yourselves. I've been here all summer (since 08-jun-17) so I'm basically an oldfag, and don't deserve your virgin manchild hate. I just wanted to know if I should watch macross frontier considering I've never seen a mecha before.

Considering just about every macross series ends with UNDERSTANDING and love, you'd expect you bigots to be more understanding.
>>
File: TNRobotechVoltronTPCover_large.jpg (41KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
TNRobotechVoltronTPCover_large.jpg
41KB, 300x450px
this counts right?
>>
>>15627741

It could only be a single engine if there's no engine in the legs. Which isn't going to happen in Macross, because it would make Gerwalk useless and severely hamper Battroid form. Unless you just flat out ditched legs from it altogether as a non-humanoid VF, at which point one would have to wonder why it would have an alternate form at all since the limbs would have no real purpose.
>>
>>15628113
>I've been here all summer (since 08-jun-17) so I'm basically an oldfag,
>>
>>15628130
I wonder if Kawamori ever thought about ditching battroid and gerwalk altogether, especially since 90% of the draw of VF's in the first place is their plane mode.
>>
>>15628173
> 90% of the draw of VF's in the first place is their plane mode.

Hmm. No.
>>
>>15628779
Yes.
>>
>>15628779
Maybe not 90%, but at least 50%.
>>
>>15629185

Speak for yourself. I doubt the people in Macross mostly for the idols give a shit about space planes, and personally while I imagine I'd still love Macross I'd it just had planes I certainly wouldn't care about the planes. I only find them interesting because of the variable aspect.
>>
>>15629289
I'm much more into the VFs than the idols, but characters and romances are still part of what I think makes Macross so great.

As for the 90% of the draw being the plane mode, I disagree. Gerwalk is awesome, and Battroid is fun.

The recent series VFs have had butt ass ugly Battroid modes though, so I guess that could contribute to that sentiment.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 514x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 514x389px
dude how is this show so good
>>
>>15629384
It had good action and drama. It's not a masterpiece like MSG but it's pretty good.
>>
>>15628113
This is a low quality bait, you know.

>>15629380
I'm with this anon. From pure mechanical perspective valkiries are such great design because they are versatile combat vehicles. They might not be most practical usage of overtechnology but it makes sense to create humanoid robot when you know your advesary is as tall as a building. Fast forward forty years in universe and beside some specialized designs, like that recon valk from Frontier, you get basic valkirie, heavy valkirie, ghosts and ships. Then you have Macross class and it's iterations. That's all, they logically filled all niche available. It makes sense, it fits world logic and is consistent.
As for romances, why not? It is somewhat of trafition to pair pilots and romantic involvement in fiction.
And without music/idols, it wouldn't be Macross.
>>15628130
Sturmvogel's transformation works just like that - swap 'backpack' module with single engine design for single main engine design.
>non-humanoid VF
there was that transforming sub from Zero. Something designed for ground support, with low profile multilegged battroid mode would make much sense actually. Or hell, a transformable cargo frame.
>>
>>15632336
Why not

replace them all with Dainslef railguns

and

show

why Isaac Newton is such a bitch to deal with in space?
>>
>>15632986

Probably because it's not hard to dodge a bullet several meters tall that takes several seconds to fire along a predictable path that's estimable simply by glancing at the unit firing given that gun is massive and takes up a large percentage of the unit's profile. And because Macross already has black hole bombs and space distortion guns, so bullets that work mostly on mass would be a step backward rather than forward. Actually, it'd probably be a half dozen steps backward, not just one.
>>
>>15632996
>not hard to dodge in space

Why wasn't that the case in their home setting?
>>
>>15633013

Macross units move several orders of magnitude faster than the units in their home setting. They also have energy shielding that works against physical projectiles, along with energy conversion armor that hops up the physical resistance of the units; even in the original series before the introduction of energy shielding or energy conversion armor units were capable of withstanding large amounts of physical punishment with little to no damage.
>>
>>15633013

Largely because Gundam simply does not understand, and never has understood, the realities of any kind of reasonable space combat. The whole crux of the show that allows for mobile suits to not be hilariously worthless is a technological limitation that artificially shortens combat distances.

Something like a railgun is actually a pitifully short range weapon weapon in space. Not because it won't reach the target (it will, newtonian physics still work) but because beyond a very limited range it would take so incredibly long to do so that the target has to be perfectly fucking stationary to not have gotten out of the way in time.

Let me give you an example. Lets say you have a railgun that fires a projectile at a blistering 150 times the speed of sound. That's roughly 4 times the speed needed to launch something into space. If you shoot a motherfucker with that gun on the ground you will send pieces of his corpse into space because the projectile will keep going.

Sounds absurdly powerful, right? It is.

It would take that same shot 1.96 hours to reach the moon from the surface of the Earth. As fast as that fucker is going, if you tried to snipe something on the moon from Earth with it, they would have 2 hours to react. More than enough time to get out of the way.

In space terms, the Moon and the Earth might as well be directly on top of each other. For the purpose of interplanetary warfare, that distance is totally insignificant. So even trying to hit a relatively slow moving craft with that gun is fucking difficult. You have to be much, much closer to have the shot to kill time be short enough to reliably hit what you are aiming at if they have the evasive capacity of a hamster ball.

Macross VFs, for comparison, can cross that same distance in minutes. The Macross Cannon can make that same shot and score a kill in seconds. A Dainsleif hitting a VF would count as such a cosmological accident that no human could ever honestly take credit for it.
>>
>>15609199
I just got an Amazon Prime account, and it turns out Mospeada and Southern cross are here. Are either of them worth checking out?
>>
>>15633150

So what I'm hearing is that any weapon that would be even remotely useful in a space conflict is almost by definition too overpowered to ever use on Earth. At least, not anywhere you don't want to be a massive crater.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-22-23-19-01.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-22-23-19-01.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Phone game is up, anyone download it yet? There is a multiple choice segment at the start, has anyine translated it?
>>
>>15614679
Get rid of Hayate and also Wright. Mirage and Freyja can stay, but they aren't the MCs. Instead, the main trio is Kaname-Messer-Keith, except without the love triangle bit. It'd work a lot better because Messer and Keith actually had some kind of relationship or bond (even if it consisted of trying to kill each other) that no other Windermerean and Delta character had, and Messer's and Kaname's romance was also more interesting, imo. The love triangle part could be covered by Arad, and if they wanted they could have added a second one if Heinz was an older teen queen instead of a shota king who is torn between her childhood friends, both in a political and romantic sense. I'd keep the rest of the cast as it is.
>>
>>15633013
>>15633034
With the energy conversion armor and whatnot, VFs are actually pretty tough as far as anime robots go.

They just get hit by shit that is way more powerful than what we know. Their gatling guns can shred armor that can survive a shot from a tank, that's how fucking powerful their guns are.
>>
File: 2017-06-23 17.05.13.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-23 17.05.13.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>15633478
>Phone game is up
When I saw your post I thought they ported Delta PSP game for mobiles. Instead I got Guitar Hero with idols. It's probably something like IM@S and LL mobile games (though I never saw them so I'm not sure). It's in beta, and applications are closed, but you can download and play it anyway from https://apps.qoo-app.com/en/app/5315. Pick characters, select song, try to timely hit moving spheres.

Also you can play any song with any character. For example in my screenshot I selected Mikumo and the song is Diamond Crevasse. But it's May'n version of Diamond Crevasse even though Mikumo's version already exists. Or you can select Ranka's song and have Mikumo singing with Ranka's voice. I don't get it. It ruins immersion.
>>
File: 1195238083418.jpg (277KB, 1171x1633px) Image search: [Google]
1195238083418.jpg
277KB, 1171x1633px
>>
File: 1195249975116.jpg (238KB, 1088x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1195249975116.jpg
238KB, 1088x1458px
>>
File: 1195238154205.jpg (270KB, 1140x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1195238154205.jpg
270KB, 1140x1654px
>>
>>15635957
>>15635962
There's better scans out there, you know.
>>
>>15626607

a biplane. Manfred von Richthofen the fuck out of it.
>>
>>15635957
>>15635962
>>15635967

Are these the knight airplanes that almost became Escaflowne (mentioned in the American booklet for the movie DVD)?
>>
>>15635976
Has anyone ever done transforming WWI fighters? That'd be pretty neat.
>>
File: 5476.jpg (18KB, 365x273px) Image search: [Google]
5476.jpg
18KB, 365x273px
>>15609199

I liked Macross and Macross Plus but then it got all gay and shit.

Minmei was already pushing it but the series went full retard with the whole singing idol thing.
>>
VF racing should probably have a focus in one of th future animated entries.

I know The Ride is a thing but seeing racing VFs animated would be nice.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.