[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did this get a movie greenlit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1588.jpg (690KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1588.jpg
690KB, 848x1200px
How the fuck did this get a movie greenlit?
>>
It's a compilation movie and the second one won't get made if the first movie doesn't do well.
>>
Tomino do whateva he wants
>>
>>15495599
At least there's a chance that it'll perform better than that new Shia Labeouf movie.
>>
>>15495599
Real gundam fans knew it was good unlike fake ones
>>
>>15495599
I heard the movies were gonna fix Greco and make it actually watchable.
>>
>>15498636
Tomino acknowledged that the show had issues, at least. A good first step to fixing it to where it can appeal to more than a niche audience.
>>
>>15498058
At least his series was a roaring success
Especially the later seasons
>>
>>15495599
Because the series did pretty well, especially for its time slot

They're banking on this after the trainwreck that was IBO
>>
>>15495599
Double doubles.
>>
>>15498636
Actually watchable to retards yes
>>
>>15498958
will G-Reco """""fans""""" ever stop being hostile towards criticism
>>
>>15501485
>criticism
Is that what you call it?
>>
>>15501485
>will G-Reco """""fans""""" ever stop being hostile towards criticism

No. G-Reco fans are like all the other Gundam fans, they're inherently hostile towards any criticism of their pet show.
>>
>>15501529
Yeah, obtuse writing and dialogue are criticisms because it ruins whatever story Tomino is trying to tell in an otherwise interesting setting. It's not like everyone that dislikes the show is out to get you or something.
>>
>>15501552
I wonder if it's because they dedicated a ton of time watching something mediocre and have to justify it
>>
>>15495599
Because Tomino needed to make a canon version of G-Reco.
>>
>>15501555
>obtuse writing and dialogue
You see those words on the bottom of your screen? Those are subtitles! You read them instead of looking at your phone posting on MAL about how much you hate G-Reco.
>>
>>15501610
The complete disconnect from what I was talking about and your insult is literally the problem with G-Reco.
>>
>>15501610

Thanks for pointing out to him that subtitles exist.

That doesn't mean that reading them will be any good if the dialogue is clunky, does it?
>>
>>15501552
>No. G-Reco fans are like all the other Gundam fans, they're inherently hostile towards any criticism of their pet show.
I disagree. CE fags aren't this bad.
>>
>>15501587
>I wonder if it's because they dedicated a ton of time watching something mediocre and have to justify it
IBOfags have it worse imo since they wasted twice as much time
>>
>>15495599
Banrise expected it to flop the first time around, so they aired it in the middle of the night to save some money. It did alright for itself, was a ratings success by the standards of it's timeslot and even got some praise by people within the industry. Now that IBO is done, they're seeing if there was more of a market for it through compilation films because those are cheap as fuck.

If all goes well, we might get a MG G-Self. If it bombs at the box office, it's no big loss and they can can Part II.

>>15501485
Honestly, as a G-Reco fan I don't know. I could have easily been one of it's critics if things didn't start clicking for me around 8 episodes in.
>>
>>15495599
Because ANN doesn't dictate anime production decisions. Thankfully.
>>
>>15501628
>>That doesn't mean that reading them will be any good if the dialogue is clunky, does it?
Well its only clunky because you haven't read them. I think the problem is with you and not the show

>>15501614
No you're just stupid
>>
>>15501587
>a ton of time
2 cours isn't bad at all. And it was a fun ride. I wanted more tbqh. Felt the exact opposite of when I finished watching IBO
>>
>>15498958
>>15501552
>>15501590
>>15501677
>>15501849
Shitposters >>>/out/. Stop trying to ruin the discussion
>>
>>15501610
I'm convinced there's literally one G-reco fan in this board because he always posts the exact same shit about looking at your phone, MAL, paying attention, etc. It doesn't even matter what the person he's replying to actually said because the response is always automatic and identical.
>>
>>15501881
>>
>>15501913
Nah, it's just samefag shitposting.
>>
>>15501881
There's maybe one shitposter calling people fake fans, and another who keeps bring up MAL (though tbf people try to bring up G-Reco's MAL scores as if that's actually criticism). Looking at your phone is a new phrase this thread. Haven't seen it before. And no, there isn't just one G-Reco fan on the board, the show had a split reaction from its audience that doesn't mean only one person liked it here. And I can confirm because I've defended the show on here before and I've seen other anons defend it here as well
>>
>>15501934
I've seen the phone one posted a couple times before on G-Reco threads.
>>
>>15495599
Tomino wanted to fix the show again after he failed to do so with the BDs.

Since a compilation movie (or maybe movies) requires the bare minimum of new animation they might as well let him.
>>
File: 1420135458075.jpg (107KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1420135458075.jpg
107KB, 500x625px
>>15501881
I enjoyed G-Reco enough to call myself a fan but I wouldn't bother defending it, it was a mess with big flaws. I think that if you truly like something you have to take the good with the bad, I never understood the mentality people have that the stuff they like is the greatest thing ever.

You can like something when it's not good on an objective level.
>>
>tfw not japanese
>tfw i'll never see the yggdrasil on the big screen
Sad desu
>>
>>15504234
Just buy a kaleidoscope.
>>
>>15504245
Not Kino enough
>>
>>15498647
The reason it had issues was because Sunrise was roadblocking him at every turn. G-reco production crew had it pretty bad.
>>
>>15504211
>it was a mess with big flaws
Looks like there's a fake G-Reco fan
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.