[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shin Getter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

If this thing is alive why does it need a pilot?
>>
>>15472932
Works better with a pilot properly harnessing it's potential
>>
>>15472955
But it's the most powerful getter ever. So far everyone was BTFO
>>
>>15472932
Getter Rays think it's hilarious when humans go crazy near them
>>
>>15472981
>Getter Rays think it's hilarious
That things always looks angry though
>>
>>15473009
That's because they are also crazy
>>
>>15473009
It would be unsettling if it started smiling. Besides maybe it was angry that humans stopped using Getter energy
>>
>>15473009
Don't judge a person's emotions just by their face alone
>>
>>15472932
Because that's Chin Getter, which is rather different from the other ones
>>
>>15473504
>Chin Getter
Is this a honest typo because I can't unsee the chin from now on.
>>
>>15472932
The only reason it became sentient was because of observing its Pilots + having a "clay doll" form for the Rays to form a personality within
That's why Getters Goals are so crazy, because Saotome put two psychopaths and a Fat guy in there
>>
>>15473591
No it's just an old "not muh getter" meme
>>
File: Shin-Getter-Robo-01-072.png (455KB, 977x1487px) Image search: [Google]
Shin-Getter-Robo-01-072.png
455KB, 977x1487px
>>15472932
Chin Getter is just a robot with deus ex machina
Shin Getter was only partially sentient, as in it could do spooky ghost stuff like turn itself on but otherwise needed a pilot. Presumably, Getter Emperor is fully sentient and automated.
>>
>>15473730
>Getter Emperor is sentient
Nope Ryoma is the pilot
>>
>>15473009
>That things always looks angry though
It's got a great, big grin underneath the face plate.
>>
>>15474312
Nope.
>>
>>15472932
I don't think the robot itself was alive
the getter rays are alive, and made humans build and pilot getter machines, in order to have the getter machines fulfill the will of evolution
>>
>>15473591
No, that's what it's sometimes called because that's what it is.

>>15473631
It's not a meme m8.
>>
File: 1453378251281.png (218KB, 553x286px) Image search: [Google]
1453378251281.png
218KB, 553x286px
Why the fuck did they put that huge ugly chin on Shin?
>>
>>15473730
emperor's pilot is always some version of Ryouma. one of the first times they see emperor it states the one calling for a getter change is him
>>
>>15475258
>emperor's pilot is always some version of Ryouma. one of the first times they see emperor it states the one calling for a getter change is him

It's implied that Emperor has no pilot. It uses memory clones of former pilots. Either way, there is no confirmation if it even has a pilot.
>>
File: GetterEmperor2.jpg (200KB, 539x800px) Image search: [Google]
GetterEmperor2.jpg
200KB, 539x800px
>>15475306
>>
Why getter even needs a mecha in first place when as sentient energy it can affect anything and everything?
>>
>>15475353
>voice
>in a machine that can create memory clones and never interacts with humans

>>15475355
It's radiation with a will. It can melt your face off or fuse things with high enough energy levels. It has no body and needs humans to build it one.
>>
>>15475366
Getter always desires pilots though
>>
>>15475366

I will assume it mindfucked and brainjacked humans if they willingly created bodies for it and continued doing it until creating advanced enough ones that can assimilate life and machine and create clones.

Or is humanity just plain retarded as fuck in getterverse? Because man, I would not trust some sentient radiation and instead develop energy sources that aren't trying to assimilate everything. At worse, getter would be used if there's an immediate menace and didn't have time to develop nondescript fantasy energy power.

Anyways, not like it really matters. I bet shin getter would be just as strong if powered by nuclear reactors or photon rays, all it would be missing is the stoner sunshine and the getter beam
>>
>>15475432
Humans had no choice but to keep using Getter. It was either that or become extinct. Musashi alludes that the entire scenario was orchestrated by Getter.

>I bet shin getter would be just as strong if powered by nuclear reactors or photon rays, all it would be missing is the stoner sunshine and the getter beam
lolno Hayato could barely ever get the Getter's combination mechanisms to work without Getter energy. NISAR's Getter was really weak compared to true Getter machines, even though it was based on the same tech as Shin Getter.
>>
>>15475436

Man, I expected more from a supposedly good writer like Ishikawa.

So humanity can develop a machine entirely made of nanomachines that can pretty much shapeshift at will plus eventually develop spaceflight, yet they couldn't develop energy sources on par with them? This is as bad and veeeery convenient as seed's humans developing super advanced machines even better than the ones of the ubermensch, yet be at loss with a barely functional OS and rely in a unique snowflake guy (energy in getter's case) to make it work
>>
>>15475474
The Getter Robo Go was powered by plasma
>>
>>15473009
Because everything tries to kill it's pets aka humans
>>
>>15475474
>So humanity can develop a machine entirely made of nanomachines
Nanomachines were never mentioned in the story.
>So humanity can develop a machine entirely made of nanomachines
It has three configurations.
>plus eventually develop spaceflight
The original Getters only ever flew in earth's upper atmostphere or just above it. The later stuff was far in the future.
>yet they couldn't develop energy sources on par with them?
They developed getter energy and apparently their energy production was good enough to make non-getter robots.
>This is as bad and veeeery convenient as seed's humans developing super advanced machines even better than the ones of the ubermensch, yet be at loss with a barely functional OS and rely in a unique snowflake guy (energy in getter's case) to make it work
shitposting intensifies.jpg
>>
>>15475474
In Ark it is shown that far future humans basically worship the Getter like monks and even wear Getter 1 themed robes, shit's obviously crazy.
>>
>>15475474
Yeah dude why haven't IRL humans created infinite energy yet. What are you even talking about you absolute ponce? Getter rays are basically cosmic radiation and the crux of Getter Robo is that Saotome managed to harness Getter rays and utilize their INFINITE energy. Hayato attempts to create a Getter that won't need Getter rays, Getter Go, but it's a piece of junk compared to true Getter machines and they eventually have to rely on Shin Getter in order to save humanity.

I don't even know where you are pulling nanomachines from.

>>15475550
>The original Getters only ever flew in earth's upper atmostphere or just above it. The later stuff was far in the future.
The initial Getter machines were designed to travel through space

>They developed getter energy and apparently their energy production was good enough to make non-getter robots.
They did not develop Getter energy, they merely harnessed it.
>>
>>15475621
getter radiation is gathered and harnessed by a getter reactor which creates getter energy getter getter getter get
>>
File: deculture.png (202KB, 278x310px) Image search: [Google]
deculture.png
202KB, 278x310px
>>15473620
>getter emperor consumes everything because musashi was a fat fuck
deepest lore
>>
>>15475625
It's essentially a gluttonous version of >>15475602.
>>
>>15474437
Getter Emperor is Ryoma, Hayato, and Musashi's love babby
>>
>>15475621
>I don't even know where you are pulling nanomachines from.

Probably got that transformation sequence from Getter Robo Armageddon stuck in his head and figured nanomachines factored into it.
>>
>>15475882
The way I always figured it, especially based on how every animated version handles Getter tomahawk, is that Getter Robo is able to convert the infinite energy it harnesses into creating solid mass structures (weapons, body modifications, etc).
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Arc-02-205.png (570KB, 1207x1756px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Arc-02-205.png
570KB, 1207x1756px
>>15475917
Getter seems to use some soft of flexible alloy in the manga, it's probably created through some process involving getter energy.
>>
File: img000021.png (269KB, 713x800px) Image search: [Google]
img000021.png
269KB, 713x800px
so we can all agree that Getter Go has the ugliest Getters, right?

Shin>Original>G>Ark>>>shit>>>Go
>>
>>15476774
fuck you
>>
>>15476774
I can agree with your rankings although I don't think Go is bad, just weaker designs than the rest.
>>
>>15476774
I'd probably rate Arc lowest honestly. Arc-2 is good, but 1 looks too much like just a guy in a suit. I don't even remember 3.
>>
File: ark_getter3_01.jpg (117KB, 581x800px) Image search: [Google]
ark_getter3_01.jpg
117KB, 581x800px
>>15476830
I love Arc and it's devil like appearance, Hrih is a very strong design but one of my less preferred Getter 2 designs, and Ham is pretty good with a great gimmick of becoming a spike wheel.
>>
>>15476774
I can't call any of them the ugliest. Go is one of my favorites and is the design basis of Shin, upgraded Sho is amazing and Gai got literally one page.

>>15476837
>Hrih
It's Kirik
>>
>>15477271
Yeah and I remembered ham is Khan, but I forgot that the wiki writes it like an asshole rather than a proper translation.
>>
>>15477293
The wiki is chock full of misinfo in pretty much ever article. They literally make things up. It's written by a bunch of barely English literate Italians.
>>
>>15475474
What would you have preferred anon?
>>
>>15475432
>Or is humanity just plain retarded as fuck in getterverse? Because man, I would not trust some sentient radiation and instead develop energy sources that aren't trying to assimilate everything. At worse, getter would be used if there's an immediate menace and didn't have time to develop nondescript fantasy energy power.
Actually there was a mass migration away from earth after the battle between the Bug and Getter Saint Dragon. Earth was polluted and eventually became inhabited by cannibalistic Getter/Human hybrid Cyborgs. It's implied that Dragon created and enforces this situation, as well as preventing anyone from leaving the planet again.
Meanwhile, the humans out in Space couldn't find anywhere to colonize and got BTFO by Aliens and were almost Annihilated. Then Mars was fully terraformed into the Getter Fleet and came to the rescue, they didn't have much of a choice it was either Join Getter or die. I don't remember if Emperor was that enormous that early on or if Shin kept evolving as it consumed worlds
>>
>>15477364
>They literally make things up.
Is /m/ writing it?
>>
File: 003.png (731KB, 816x1300px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
731KB, 816x1300px
>>15476774
tbqh, Getter Go itself looked pretty cool after it was upgraded in preparation for the last alaskan battle.
>>
>>15475621
>The initial Getter machines were designed to travel through space

LOL this guy is talking about Toei Getter as if it were canon
>>
>>15477936
>I don't remember if Emperor was that enormous that early on or if Shin kept evolving as it consumed worlds
Musashi said that after each battle, it grew.

>>15478022
Trolling aside, the same reasoning was used in the manga series for both the original Getter and Go (during Rando's development of it).
>>
>>15478062
>the same reasoning was used in the manga series for both the original Getter and Go
Show me the pages
>>
File: Getter-Robo-01-012.png (383KB, 1007x1488px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-01-012.png
383KB, 1007x1488px
>>15478071
>>
File: Getter-Robo-Go-02-0028.png (252KB, 811x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-Robo-Go-02-0028.png
252KB, 811x1300px
>>15478071
>>15478079
>>
>>15475474
don't read the wiki its full of shit
>>
>>15475432
>getter would be used if there's an immediate menace and didn't have time to develop nondescript fantasy energy power
Guess what happened? And beyond that, they didn't realize what the Getter Rays were until was too late. Can't really blame them on that either.

>I bet shin getter would be just as strong if powered by nuclear reactors or photon rays
You base this off of?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.