[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srwg/ Super Robot Wars General #1283

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 36

Previous Thread:
>>15428018

If you need help with any game try checking Akurasu for help:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars
If any of the pages are blank try this:
CLICK 'EDIT'
SAVE THE PAGE WITHOUT MAKING ANY CHANGES

For a superior experience please add !C9UNU3S59A to your filter

Current status of the games availability in the English language as of the end of September 2016:
http://pastebin.com/Y1ND2asB

Detailed Version of Game Availability in English as of September 2016:
http://pastebin.com/crZFqXVk

Music Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/i93iP72p

Bring Stabity's Quick Guide to Katakana:
http://pastebin.com/x6FmxFGk

Game Modification Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/wr1RLQpB

Translated Plot Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HAQ3qrSg

Art Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/AEEmisXS

SRC Pastebin V2:
http://pastebin.com/NRPtThEZ

Make your own SRW character Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/DBj6Nknk

If you wish to help with the SRW fan game they are always in need of more musicians and artists
Please contact the following e-mail: [email protected]
You may also reach them in IRC at #SRWEternity on Rizon.

You can also visit their website at: http://srw.eternitychan.org/ (Currently Ressurected)

/srwg/ Discord:
https://discord.gg/GtR83q7

/m/ Booru
http://ryusei.booru.org/index.php
>>
So, taste question for all of you. In games where Custom BGM are a thing, do you prefer, in general:

>they try to make the music as close to the source as possible (with standard quality)
>they remix the fuck out of the music to make more unique songs (with variable quality)

I'm curious about what all of you think.
>>
>tfw imagining the shitstorm if Awakened Unicorn was made as a new final attack for base Destroy Unicorn and not a seperate form
>>
>>15432962
I bench Unicorn every single time it appears so I can't care less
>>
>>15432959
I don't mind either of them as long as they actually give me new musics.

>b-b-b-b-b-but MD still used the music from OGs!
Yeah? Z2 remixed all Z1 songs they brought back.
>>
>>15433008
BX also remixed everything from UX while UX remixed everything from L, which remixed everything from W but not the stuff from K which was kind of weird since the stuff in K and the new stuff had a pretty different musical style but whatever works I guess
>>
>>15433032
>But not the stuff from K which was kind of weird since the stuff in K and the new stuff had a pretty different musical style but whatever works I guess
They probably want to try to keep the K plagarism out of mind.
>>
>>15432962
Unicorn was green for more than like two minutes though my bansheebro.
>>
>>15432962
I don't mind as long as they give us a map attack he used at the end of the show.
>>
>>15432962
For some reason I got Awakened Unicorn confused for Super Crystal Jesus Mode Unicorn, which I totally expect to see as just an attack sooner or later.
>>
>>15432959
Depends on the show.
If it has good music, like CA, Aldnoah/Zero or Aquario, I prefer the original.
If it has shit music, like Z Gundam, Nadesico or any old super robot show, then I prefer remixes.
>>
Idly, I wish that Eva-13 in V had kept the old Spear animation from Z3 as a second, weaker version of the attack (since using two world-ending doom spears is presumably more powerful than just one).
>>
>>15433067
Yeah. Weird how they didn't do that. They did that with every Jigoku units that got an animation upgrade.
>>
>>15433046
But the only thing that make it different from red Unicorn attack-wise is Shield Funnels and the kung-fu strikes, which can all be easily shoe-horned into one new move.
>>
>Zeus appeared during Big Bang punch animation in V
>He isn't even mentioned in the story and Mazinger completely lost any resemblance to Zeus after it turns into Zero
>>
>>15433083
They didn't want to re-animate pre-god scrander Mazinger.
>>
>>15433083
Hades bitches about Mazinger only having had a chance against him before due to having Zeus' divine protection or something, doesn't he? right before ZERO proves him wrong by obliterating him, but hey.
>>
>>15432934
Z3's balance is all over the place.
>>
File: Sound of the Sahib.gif (2KB, 92x126px) Image search: [Google]
Sound of the Sahib.gif
2KB, 92x126px
Just reposting for a new thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZYpcslNcb4
>>
>>15433083
I wonder what is Zeus doing during V, taking a long nap in Greece ?
>>
>>15433083
Why would Zero still need to resemble a god when it has surpassed them?
>>
>>15433111
Same thing he was doing in the show.
>>
>>15432959
Eh, I don't know, the question is really subjective.
In most cases, I like it as close to the original as possible, but there have been times when the SRW version is better than the original song; like with Linebarrels in L.

But for the most part, if I don't like the song, no matter how it's remixed, I'll probably not like it. I'm actually not a fan of Ignited at all, and with how often I've replayed SRW Z1, I wish I could replace it with SRW UX's Life Goes On
>>
>>15432962
Why would Awakened Unicorn be an attack, when it didn't fight anything?

I'd honestly hate to see it be an attack, because it's the culmination of everything I hate about UC Gundam. Pretentious bullshit mixed up with literal space magic.
>>
File: C9Xg2-8UMAAz4vg.jpg (54KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
C9Xg2-8UMAAz4vg.jpg
54KB, 600x300px
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>15433194
ora ora
>>
>>15433194
Are you BigB?
>>
>>15428695
>>15428699
Sauce for that Mazinger image?
>>
>>15433194
>Getter Liger and Poseidon never
>>
>>15433194
Will we get Hyper Jammer Cloak?
>>
>>15433194
>Another fucking Shooter Wing Zero
What's the point?
>>
>>15433217
It's not like it's the only unit where there's two versions that are the same.

Some of the Helheims have that. Van Ein has it all over the place. Buster Gundam has that at SR. Every Sakura Wars unit has it, as does Kisaragi. If different modes get counted than God and Master Gundam have two Attackers amongst many other units. Justice Gundam has two Shooters. There's at least two Attacker Eva 00s and I'm almost certain Eva 02 doubles up on something - and I know there's two Attacker 01s. At least two Attacker Zegapains too. Mazinger Z has an Attacker and a Defender for itself and Jet Scrander, and Dancouga has a Defender for base and Final. Gunbuster has two Attackers at SSR IIRC, it has 3 at SR. There's also two attacker Nonos.

And none of that counts Powered/Full Star or the many, many, MANY units that double up over multiple rarities.
>>
>>15433186
A sped-up instrumental version of this will fit Strike Freedom.
>>
>>15433257
Forgot to post link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrEMLeIGKM
>>
>>15433232
Helheims?

- Buster Gundam's are not SSR's.
- The Kisaragi has different (in-game) names and thus different units.
- Sakura Wars units all have different (in-game) names and box art.
- Yes, you are correct about Justice, however, one only appears in the shop, and thus it's unit you can not get with OMG.
- Yes you are right about Eva 00, expect there is a big different with the 2 units, 1 gives a core the other does not, and thus a point having 2 of them.
- Eva 02 doesn't double up.
- There is two Attacker Eva-01, however, one is from Evangelion Rebuild while the other is from Godzilla VS Evangelion.
- With Zegapain's, They have different (in-game) names and therefore different Units
- Mazinger Z and Mazinger Z (JS) are two different units.
- Final Dancouga and Dancouagar are 2 different units.
- Gunbuster only has 1 Attacker
- the 2 Attacker Nono's have different names and therefore different units.
- SR Gunbuster, 1 is a Taiki the other 2 are not and have different sub pilot's.

We know that this New Wing Zero does not have a new name and is called Wing Zero.

Having 2 SSR's with the same name, pilot and unit is dumb, it also has never been done before.
(Expect for Justice Gundam, as it's a shop unit.)
>>
>>15433032
That is because whilst L/UX/BX have the same music staff, W/K was completely different. After the whole fiasco of the K outsourcing plagiarism incident new composers were brought in for the portable team.

Honestly I like them a lot more as they seem willing to experiment and improve their arrangements if the jump from UX to BX was anything to go by and try get 2-3 themes for each series at least. The re-used themes if you can even call them that are straight up redone bottom up.

The BB Soft team seem to take more of a least possible effort possible approach. Mix the bare minimum single song and throw in custom BGM and call it a day. Change a single instrument in their shittier songs and hope for the best.
>>
>>15433261
>expecting matt to not be talking out of his ass
>>
>>15433261
>There is two Attacker Eva-01, however, one is from Evangelion Rebuild while the other is from Godzilla VS Evangelion.

Nope.

One is the R+, one is a Taiki with the Sword and isn't Eva Mechagodzilla (which was his only unit from that event.)

>Having 2 SSR's with the same name, pilot and unit is dumb, it also has never been done before. (Expect for Justice Gundam, as it's a shop unit.)

Which is different from this how?

And saying "we've never had X before if you ignore X, X, and X" is dumb.
>>
>>15433269
>And saying "we've never had X before if you ignore X, X, and X" is dumb.
Given how often you move goalposts you are literally THE last person on this board to be saying that.
>>
>>15433194
Oh come on. It's the perfect time to add the GoL stuff.
>>
>>15433262
I wonder if BB soft almost go bankrupt for using almost every Frontier songs in Z2.
>>
>>15433277
Probably not, considering they'd already done it for L at that point.

L had, what, seven or eight Frontier songs? Maybe more, I don't remember. Enough that I think only one other series got more than two songs.
>>
>>15433269
Attacker Sword Eva-01 - Taiki
Normal Eva-01 - Normal
Attacker Shinzilla - From a Different Series

They, all have Different Names.

----

You can not obtain a Justice Gundam with OMG or money.

Due to this, I say it's ok to ignore since this Wing Zero can be gotten with OMG and money.

I am sorry if that doesn't sound reasonable.
>>
>>15433281
Gaiking, EVA, Iczer and Frontier all got more than 2 songs.
>>
>>15433281
Everything in L other than Combattler/Voltes (seriously what other themes do they have?) and EW had multiple songs. EW's rendition of Last Impression was really good however so it isn't a big deal.
>>
>>15433281
L only got six while Z2 added two more (What 'Bout My Star and Diamond Crevasse, though they removed What 'Bout My Star in Saisei).
>>
>>15433284
>EVA
>Iczer

Those both had two series. I forget if Eva split songs so that 1 had more than two though, I know at least one was from 2.0. Iczer didn't have more than two from any one part.

Gaiking did though. Though, thinking about it, isn't New World Symphony public domain at this point?

>>15433288
Multiple, sure, but most things top at two.

Also Dancouga Nova had one. Only ever had a non-Tori no Uta song in Z2-1 that they got rid of for 2 for no goddamn reason.
>>
>>15433289
I didn't even remember that Z2 had Diamond Crevasse for some reason so I go search it and suddenly SHITTY SNTH VIOLINS!

I now know why I didn't remember I blocked out the memory, it was a total dirt mix as was most of the Z2 OST arrangements. BB Soft are no Falcom JDK that is for sure.
>>
File: my wives.jpg (401KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
my wives.jpg
401KB, 1280x956px
>Awakening of Trailblazer 5 games in a row
>These two have only ever been in one game
Come on, even Wing Zero has two or three appearances before they spammed EW over and over.
>>
>>15433296
This, I rather go back to the original plot rather than AYY LMAOs for the 6th time in a row
>>
>>15433293
>Nova
Knew I forgot something.

>Eva
Had 3 songs, The BEAST, Red Ambassadress and Decisive Battle

>Iczer
Again 3 songs, OP themes for the two respective series and the generic battle theme from Iczer

>Gaiking
Again 3 songs, OP theme, New World Symphony and SONO NA WAAAAAAA GAIKING Z GURETOOOO
https://youtu.be/e3TmyU59Az0
>>
>>15433294
I dunno but I actually like it. It fits the song imo, unlike Lion.

Well Falcom JDK did make shitty music sometimes, like Celceta.
>>
>>15433296
If you want to get technical and don't include mobages, since I think both had 00 TV, OE.

>>15433300
>Had 3 songs

The Beast and Decisive Battle are from Evangelion 1.0. Asuka's Shitty Theme was from 2.0. No more than two songs from one show.

>Again 3 songs

Iczer 1 had its opening and that one other theme. Iczer 3 had its opening. No more than two songs from one show.

>Gaiking

Literally just fucking agreed with you mate you don't need to reiterate, it is the exception. But even then, one of the songs "from Gaiking" was public domain.

Gaiking did have one song axed from L that was in K. So did Godannar, and... Pretty sure at least one other thing? Dunno.
>>
>>15433300
>>15433293
Iczer had FOUR songs.
>Generic battle theme
>Iczer-1's OP
>Iczer-3's OP
>Iczer-1's ED (or something)
>>
>>15433311
I'm not saying you're inherently wrong because I don't have the OST on me, but do you happen to have links to all four? A search on youtube only coughed up 3 of them.
>>
>>15433302
Celceta's OST wasn't that bad, definitely much blander than a lot of the stuff they've put out though. Maybe at tops like 3 remixes I liked, Ys8 at least made up for it with a really kickass OST.

Not as sure about the gameplay, Ys games have not felt right to me at all with the PSP/Vita games they all feel so dumbed down with some really poor performance too and bad pacing. Origins was the last really good Ys game made.
>>
>>15433293
They've only ever used Main Theme for a Non-Tori theme for Nova. They could've easily used the remix that shows up later when Max God shows up or hell, just use the generic Battle theme which was pretty great itself.

That's not even getting into the fact that Nova had some amazing vocal tracks that could work really well. Rock Your Mind or Mirai Sensen being two of the stand outs. Hell, Place would make an excellent Event BGM too IMO.
>>
>>15433318
Next time Nova shows up they'll just scrap the themes altogether and give it this. Then the circle will finally be complete.

https://youtu.be/uLLEsr7tHHA

Actually for some reason I feel like it actually has happened before in SRW with a series being folded into another one not even getting it's own theme and sharing with said other series.
>>
>>15433318
>Mirai Sensen

Admittedly OST only, and if they have ever used those, it's rare. But Nova had plenty of music, as you said.

Also D-Poseidon needs to be playable at some point.
>>
>>15433327
It used to happen all the damn time with UC Gundams, but that fell off eventually. Now it only happens in cases where there's a bunch of versions of something on the roster, like how there was a Shining Heresy unit in Z3 with no SH music or how Mazinger ZERO had no music and the like.

I guess you could count, like, Zoids NCZ in OE or Tales Of Neo Byston Well in Compact 3?
>>
>>15432811
I am twelve and what is this?
>>
>>15433347
ACE Portable had the new Gespenst frames before they got into 2nd OGs
>>
File: ULJS00379_00015.png (286KB, 756x415px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00379_00015.png
286KB, 756x415px
>>15433327
Speaking of Nova, screw these bastards
16k on a grunt, with a status causing move that will likely hit on a super because these things have focus on them? Almost as bad as the DAMons
>>
>>15433317
Seven was great. Legitimately one of the best Ys if not for the low enemy density. Flash Guard punish you if you fail and there are limited healing items so it doesn't pander too much to casualshitters.

I think Celceta can be great if they used the same system as Seven and give us less predictable boss attack pattern. Forest of Celceta was fantastic, but it keeps getting worse the closer you are to finish the game. By the end, the overworld is just as shit as Seven. It's not really as unsalvageable as most falcomfags made it to be, though. I can see them improving in the next game.

Alright, sorry for sperging out of topic this early.
>>
>>15433359
and Hakai doesn't have map with huge area. I hate HP sponges man.
>>
>>15433258
Oh boy, that song.
I remember waiting for the 4th opening to come out, and people losing their shit, because the song pretty much confirmed that the Old Guard was taking over the show. That, and it didn't really feel like a strong song for the conclusion of the show.
Christ, if I had only known how flaccid this show would have had for an ending.

I remember that son of a bitch Fencedude telling everyone off for complaining because "at least Destiny's the first Gundam to appear!"
I wish I could send a message through time to go fuck himself.

Man, I guess being around in that mess is like finding out your ship was sunk.

Putting that aside, it's actually not a bad song.
>>
>>15433387
Eh. I still think that specific set of OP/ED should've been swapped. I like Wings of Words but man, it is not an OP. It's more of an ending.
>>
>>15433374
>Hakai doesn't have map with huge area.

The Ptolemy combination attack MAPs had ok areas as I recall, though nothing nearly at GEKKOUCHOU levels.
>>
>>15433387
Eh, I think it unintentionally fits the anticlimax ending of the show.

>"at least Destiny's the first Gundam to appear!"
He's actually wrong about that. In the OP clip, Freedom and Justice equipped with Meteor showed up first.
>>
>>15433389
That particular opening was so gay that the TV station who brought GSD to my country cut it off entirely. I thought Bokutachi no Yukue is the last GSD OP until someone spammed SORA WAA memes in /m/.
>>
>>15433337
>Tales Of Neo Byston Well
>Compact 3
Wha-

If anything that is like the only time Sirbine has showed up in SRW with it's actual plot and characters and it had it's own theme song, it got a whole chapter to itself.

>>15433363
My issue with Seven was the second half of the game with the God Dragons or whatever those things were again and backtracking and the shitty ass overworld and no jumping/platforming. Also for the most part that game had too many simply HP stock bosses.

Really what I dislike the most about the new Ys is the party system and their insistence on shoehorning support cast into the game when Dogi is the only one with any place.

Adol's thing is supposed to be that you can throw everything at him and he'll flip out and slaughter everything with a generic iron sword. Nothing will stop him short of a boat, guy has issues with boats and shipwrecks.
>>
>>15433359
>>15433374
Fuck, that reminds me of SRW J throwing grunts at you with like 30000 HP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gaAaEPFn7g

RELEASE BALMAR GAME NOW, TERADA
>>
>>15433407
There was always a couple guys who could pass to be party members in the older games if Ys used a party system instead of it being an Adol solo. Not to mention that Dogi himself doesn't even follow Adol in every game either.
>>
>>15432950
YOU SUCK.UNICORN

IF I COULD GIVE YOU TO ROUX YOU WOULDNT BE A AUTOBENCH
>>
>>15433413
I wonder if they're going to add new to attacks to the other @3 originals. Raioh has like 6 attacks now right?
>>
>>15433083
Poseidonizer when?
>>
File: Shindou_s.png (57KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
Shindou_s.png
57KB, 250x249px
persona 5 in srw when?
>>
>>15433407
The backtracking was pretty shit, but Origin bosses have that annoying healing gimmick too. I mean, yeah they're pretty challenging but remove that and they're all babby-tier except Jenocres and the humanoid bosses.

I actually don't mind the party system and I started with Felghana and Eternal. But maybe that's just because I got bored easily.

>>15433409
But in J you have Zeorymer and Freedom so that's a non-issue.
>>
>>15433389
That was probably the worst part. I mean, I don't like Realize, but it feels like something you'd put at the end of a show, a fast paced song to pump up the final arc of the show, because at this point, the show is pointing towards everything coming to a head. Wings of Words feels like something they just grabbed because they needed something to grab.

I mean, it's not a bad song. But it doesn't fit, it just doesn't fucking fit!
It's like if Cha-La-HEAD-Cha-La was replaced with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnEbS01nDvc
I mean, I personally fucking love this song
But this isn't what I'd call a good opening for Dragonball Z

>>15433392
I mean the part where Destiny shows up and it's wings appear, and then Strike Freedom shows up blowing up ZAKUs, Dide Freedom/Justice show up before then too? I haven't seen that OP in years.

I think the worst part itself is that the opening itself is so fucking....slapped together. If it's not stock footage, it's the characters posing with guns and other bullshit.
I don't know, I don't even think Gorō Taniguchi could have saved the last quarter of GSD. As disappointed as I was with some choices/plot points being made of dropped in Code Geass, it's at least a fun ride, because it refuses to put any breaks on the amount of zany bullshit it'll whip out of it's ass, even if I don't always like the result (I still hate that ninja maid shit)

Man. I mean, I've seen shows worse than GSD, but GSD drops the ball on so many levels, it just feels like more of a waist. I mean, I watched Great Dangaioh, and I'd certainly recommend GSD before that pile of shit, but with the former, it's like "oh, it's a piece of shit" and with the latter, it's like "how the fuck did this happen?"

Or maybe it's just because the show was the first time I walked away from a series that I had loved with utter disappointment.

Putting that story aside, SEED's 2nd ED is pretty good too.
>>
>>15433441
>But in J you have Zeorymer and Freedom so that's a non-issue.
Well, if you're trying to get Great Zeorymer, you can only get use of it so many times at a

Also, you have to fight those kinds of grunts well before you get Freedom Gundam. And even with that, it doesn't make it less of an obnoxious grind.
>>
>>15433063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrg9QgwtVLk
Too bad they don't have the OP theme all the time.
>>
>>15433453
Freedom showed up first, here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MR7UDDJrYQ

The worst part is that the non-stock footage part of GSD's opening clip is copy-pasted from his older show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjn1pi6f6T4
I'm sure you will notice some huge similarity.
>>
>>15433422
Koh/Ryu's probably going to get some more carryover and I'd be down for Shin versions of the individual components even if they have to bullshit that into working.

Dai's probably going to get some carryover as well, considering all the new attacks.

The only one I'd be confused with is Serena/Selena's units. Unless they hard nerf the MAP attack or outright remove it, I can't see them giving it more individual attacks.

Cobray's probably just going to get his same moveset he had in Alpha 3. At least, I'd hope. I wouldn't mind them giving you one of the Balmar mooks in place of his stint in an MP Nu.
>>
>>15433463
Also to add, maybe Fukuda was trying to pull off the slow final opening shit like he did with Cyber Formula
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeXWViKo92M&t=2s
>>
>>15433422
Shin Koryuoh will probably get a Tyrant Overbreak equivalent.

Though I don't mind if it doesn't get anything new as long as Shishioh Blade looks good. It's like a regular beam saber attack in Alpha 3 except the pilot screamed and there was a full body cutin.
>>
After I got my 4 TacP customizations, what should I do with the points next
>>
>>15433296
Trailblazer didn't even have nice-looking units
>>
File: Zabanya_Missiles.jpg (120KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zabanya_Missiles.jpg
120KB, 853x480px
>>15433490
I think Zabanya and Quanta looks pretty good without the bits.
>>
>>15433467
Didn't they replace Dengeki Biri Biri Cutter with Servant Slugger? Maybe they could give her a new boomerang attack and convert Servant Slugger into a long range counter move.
>>
>>15433478
Useful power parts and skills. A lot of units can make use of hit and away especially capital ships. Haro or anything with +move is great for your slower units without accel.

I wasted a ton of points on top ace because I thought you needed that to get the ace skill. It just makes you get it earlier. A waste really.
>>
Let me guess which series will make it in the 3rd roster expansion for X-Omega, as the 2nd one is almost over now:

- Gundam Reconguista in G (debut)
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Aquarion EVOL
- Gundam Build Fighters (debut)
- Gurren Lagann the Movie: The Light in the Sky are Stars
- Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
- Space Warrior Baldios
- Combat Mecha Xabungle
- Gear Fighter Dendoh
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray
- New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Dual Story: G-Unit (debut)
- Hades Project Zeorymer
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway Flash
- Aldnoah Zero (debut)
- Turn A Gundam
- Fafner in the Azure (first TV series)
- Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally (debut)
- Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo
- After War Gundam X
- Beast King Golion

Screencap this shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jNbmg3V9IA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsV3JJjbOe0

OG WHEN?
>>
>>15433271
>GoL
All the talk about songs had me thinking.
If/When a future SRW does include the Glory of Losers version of Wing, they probably won't be able to use Just Communication or Last Impression will they?
If not that would probably be the time to use each of the Wing crews theme. So whilst Heero get Wings of the Boy who killed Adolescence,

Duo can have this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8xNUwDjOgA
>>
>>15433579
They will use it anyway.

Like Linebarrel used the anime OST in UX.
>>
>>15433432
>FukuJun
>Miyano Mamoru
>Nana Mizuki
>Sugita
>Ikeda Shuichi
>Hoshi Soichiro
>Sakaguchi
might as well be srw already
>Yuuki Aoi on suicide watch
>>
>>15433519
>>Didn't they replace Dengeki Biri Biri Cutter with Servant Slugger?
Soleares
Sol Razor
Stealth Boomerang
Sol Fencer
Gatling Tempest

Alegrias
Sol Razor
Servant Slugger
Invisible Assassin
Sol Fencer
Magna Tempest
Luz Bailarina Baile
>>
>>15433490
I won't let you insult Harute like this
>>
>>15432959
>Mattman doing a quality post

>>15433050
>>15433059
The SD Gundam CrystalUnicorn in Genisis was very disappointing
>Only two attacks
>One was a MAP attack that makes every unit lose their ability to move
>The other one was the hand wave
I mean it's true to the show but they gave turn A stuff it didn't get, so why not give unicorn something more? Two attacks for one unit is boring, especially if it's a popular one.
>>
>>15433603
Maybe there's harder restrictions on Unicorn for some reason in comparison to the Black History Turn A. Black History Turn A as a secret boss in SRW when?
>>
>>15433579
Zero in V just used Sugoshin The Guardian.

>>15433603
Wait for G Generation OverGenesis
>>
>>15433327
There was a Macross series that debuted music only.

>>15433453
>>15433387
Man Wings of Worlds looks disappointing, Tobe! Gundam is so much better than this, because Tobe! actually tried.

Speaking of SEED, CE was supposed to be a "remake" of UC, of course because of DESTINY that never happened, but I wonder what if DESTINY actually was good enough and CE becomes the mainline? Would UC and CE have crossovers and/or continue separate?

>>15433611
Well Black History Turn A has a lot of supp. material desu, but I don't think the nukes were ever mentioned in them. I don't think anyone ever used the teleportating beams as well.
>>
File: ULJS00379_00018.png (295KB, 647x359px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00379_00018.png
295KB, 647x359px
>Have to defeat two copies of himself while fighting an assortment of the worst enemies in the game
ZUUL YOU BASTARD! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!
>>
File: 1754326i.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1754326i.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>15433634
ズール皇帝こそが正義だ!
>>
File: ULJS00379_00019.png (249KB, 647x359px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00379_00019.png
249KB, 647x359px
>>15433634
HOLY SHIT!
maybe not.....
>>
>V Hyaku Shiki gets a neat CB, has the rarely seen Beam Coat, and has S in space
>But only one attack benefits from the CB, and it doesn't get the Mega Bazooka Launcher

Damn, it would have been perfect end game material if it had it.
>>
>>15433680
>the hyaku shity is a disapointment as usual
Did you expect anything else?
>>
>>15433693
It was actually usable in Z, and both Z2 games.
>>
>>15433680
>>15433693
>>15433700
It would say the Upgrade Bonus (attacks can be used post-movement) compensates the Hyaku Shiki's lack of Mega Launcher.
>>
>>15433707
From what I saw, it only had a single attack that benefit from the P bonus, the rest were already P.
>>
>>15433693
did your parents name you hyaku shiki so that's why you expected that
>>
File: 13507419792888.jpg (31KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
13507419792888.jpg
31KB, 320x240px
og when
>>
File: ULJS00379_00022.png (173KB, 647x359px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00379_00022.png
173KB, 647x359px
>>15433666
>Gets GRAVIONED
never mind
>>
>>15433693
Bench beecha
>>
File: 1411964871440.png (414KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1411964871440.png
414KB, 720x540px
>>15433719
We ain't got nearly enough lewd about those two.
>>
File: 1492186595586.jpg (38KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492186595586.jpg
38KB, 303x500px
>lewd
>>
File: 1492187040464.jpg (393KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492187040464.jpg
393KB, 1600x1000px
>>15433907
>>
>>15433441
What healing gimmick are you talking about? As far as I can recall, Khonsclard and Pictimos were the only bosses with any sort of healing at all.

Personally, I love the way Origin set up its boss fights. Almost all of them are fun as hell to play, and hit a solid balance of difficulty where they're challenging without really being infuriating.
>>
File: Miria.png (927KB, 1062x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Miria.png
927KB, 1062x1500px
Why is Guardic Gaiden so good to play, /m/?
>>
So can we agree that V is the worst entry of Super Robot Taisen?
It has the worst cast, worst original mech, worst upgrades, worst original characters, worst overarching plot, worst music, worst game mechanics, and has the worst animations of recent games.
>>
>>15433958
Shin still exist
>>
>>15433958
It's pretty damn awful, but SRW has seen worse than awful.
>>
>>15433958
>worst original mech, worst upgrades,
Agree on this. The mechs for this game are badly designed and badly animated.
>>
>>15433958
Z3
>>
>>15433958
I disagree.
>>
>>15434000
Dude, V makes Z3 look like Z or Alpha 3.
>>
>>15434000
V somehow made Z3's stolen animations look worse and Z3 atleast had a good original and a good cast.
>>
>Setsuko 2008
>Chitose 2017

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>15433958

I would say og1 was more awful and boring
>>
>>15433958
>>15433989
>>15433980

Wait, do we hate SRW V?
>>
>>15434016
Some people do, some people don't, most think it's less awful than Z3.
>>
>>15434016
There's no "we" about this.
Form your own opinions.
>>
>>15434012
Good female ogs are gone.
>>
>>15433912
Almost every large beast boss requires you to hit their lesser parts and it will heal/regenerate over time, like Velagunder and it actually heal its actual health too but he's easy to stunlock.

I just don't like it when I was threatened to be fast using regenerating parts like that. I prefer bosses like Nygtilger or Jenocres.
>>
>>15433363
I loved Seven, but coudln't bring myself to care about Celceta for some reason. Something about it just felt a lot worse/off.
>>
File: 1492187330359.jpg (132KB, 874x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1492187330359.jpg
132KB, 874x1241px
>>15434026
I don't mind they all turns out to be like this in the new game
>>
Will reducing the range back to SRC or A tier improve SRW range-play? Range whoring in recent SRWs are becoming really absurd, and the FUB +1 bonus for it didn't help either. Hell in Z3 a post-movement 6-ranged attack is considered normal to me, and 11-12 ranged ones are fucking everywhere.
>>
>>15434083

Nothing would really change as changing ranges would affect the player as much as it affects the enemies, keeping things the same way as they were anyways.
>>
>>15434083
Check out this hot and fresh idea to balance SRW:
Remove all damage boosting skills and spirits and cut down the number of pilot ability slots.
>>
>>15433958
So it's worse than Endless Frontier?
>>
>>15433648
>ズール皇帝こそが正義だ
As much as a meme this is, I wish SRW would go back to more zanier crossover shit
>>
>>15434134
What's wrong with Endless Frontier?
>>
File: 1491652654272.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1491652654272.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>play through Z2 my first time
>Look up the secrets in Hakai-Hen
>tfw I've already missed most of them
Man, I like secrets but it sucks when you mess up once or twice and you have to wait to NG+ just to get them
>>
>>15434038
Oh yeah, I forgot about Velagunder.

Still, that's only three bosses out of nine that regenerate, even if you exclude the humanoid ones.
>>
>>15433958
No, go fuck yourself and go back to your Gundam bait threads, faggot.
>>
>>15434294
>Hakai-hen secrets
lol
>>
>>15433407
Wait, did C3 give Neo Byston Well music? I thought it did the same shit every other SRW with that OVA did and forgot.

Then again, I really only remember Chin Requiem, the Escaflowne opening, the jump scares Great Mazinger and Mechander do, and some of the shittier themes from that game. And the occasional music copy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eINohtUuSwU

>Rio & Ryoto got their upgrades in MD

Will Carla & Yuuki ever get any upgrades or forever stuck in the outdated Shadow Mirror units?
>>
>>15434433
It had Escaflowne OP and a BGM (Epistle), OPs for Acrobunch and Mechander (TRI ATTACK!) , the only BGM for Neo Bristol Well so far, and Betterman BGM (Kaze Turbo) and...

You know, up until BX and AGE, Betterman was the only TV series without its 1st OP in SRW history. Unless Chin requiem counts as such.

Was bored enough to make a playlist if this on YT.
>>
>>15433958
>So can we agree--
Just gonna stop you right there. I don't care what you're talking about, you're an idiot if you think 4chan will ever come to a consensus on literally anything. Ever.

>>15434118
>Remove all skills and spirits
FTFY. I'd like to see how SRW would fare under these circumstances.
>>
>>15434500
You'd have SD Super Robot Wars G Generation.
>>
>>15434497
Zeta Gundam only had its first OP in Compact 2. I know 0080 took a while to get its OP. God Bless Dancouga's "Opening" was only in Impact despite it being in literally every game with Dancouga. Things without OPs might count depending on your definition. And BX came after Z3-2, which had Diebuster without GROOVIN MAGIC.
>>
>>15434508

But sd gundam did have spirits/ID commands in their wonderswan and nintendo portable titles and it was fairly balanced as the enemy units were no different from the versions the player can build.
>>
File: ULJS00379_00024.png (333KB, 647x359px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00379_00024.png
333KB, 647x359px
Finally killed this bastard, thanks to based Godmars. Man, he was hard.

I love this mech now thanks to this.

How does the final boss of Sasei-Hen stack up to this guy?
>>
>>15434565
>How does the final boss of Sasei-Hen stack up to this guy?

it's the same guy but stronger
>>
>>15434546
Ahem, TV series. When it come to OVAs, things gets uneven. Megazone 23 only tune so far is Rock Cafe, and Zeorymer and Gunbuster never had their OPs in the games too, while the UC 8 Gundams (they all have 8 on the title!) , Iczer and Dangaioh are covered. And then we go into the movies... F91 got it, Prince of Darkness and Trailblazer.... not so much.
>>
>>15434565
God Mars is approximately as good in Z2 as he is in his show. Maybe a little worse, actually, God Mars was OP as balls. Shame the show is so fucking slow and so fucking long.

>final boss of Sasei-Hen

Who wants to tell him?
>>
>>15434579
>TV series only

Ok, in that case yeah. I think it's probably a bad idea to single out Age though - it just came out in SRW, Zeta took a decade to get its first OP.
>>
How did you buy DLC for SRW V? Did you do the godawful buying physical PSN cards or another method? I've heard you can create a new PayPal account to do it, is that true?
>>
>>15434647
Why is buying cards godawful? You receive the codes the moment you purchase them.
>>
>>15434657
Unequal exchange, leftover dollars, paying inflated prices from play-asia etc. You can't just pay 41 lahbucks which is like 24 trumpbucks, you have to pay a price greater than 50 lahbucks to buy a 50 card from an online retailer that gets you more money than you need
>>
>>15434565
lol hotdog
>>
>Leina, Mwu, and Murrue are all in the portrait rip
>Haven't seen any ingame

Can anyone confirm if they show up in DLC or something?
>>
>>15434118
While we're talking about ideas on how to spruce things up, I think it'd be nice if the enemies changed up on how they fought based on what kind of machines they are and who's around

Say maybe if you're fighting, say, the Titans, they set up a perimeter around their ships so you can't just surround them and deal with minimum damage from their AAF. Shoot at the ships, people actually defend it Maybe instead of charging right for you after a few turns, they hang back and make you work for it a little bit. You take out a flagship, and they lose morale.

Say you take out enough enemies, you get a message that they're not happy about it, and they run away the next turn

But say you're fighting the Hundred Demon Army, they all just charge at you like always.
>>
>>15434593
Buuut X-Omega messes with that as well. Albegas, Dorvack, Star Driver, Zegapain, Xenoglossia, Ryvius , Mellowlink and AO are muted for now.

Speaking of the first 2, have they done anything with them yet?
>>
>>15434794
Both are effectively plotless. The Albegas kids were Orb citizens who joined the cast to defend Orb during SEED plot, Dorvack is a part of a group of series that are mostly plotless and I forget the other members.
>>
>>15434786
I've been thinking for a while that the game could benefit from some sort of morale system causing enemies to weaken if you took out their leader or your own units to lose or gain will after allies get destroyed depending on the character
>>
>>15434810
Seeing as games are now tossing a shitload of ships at you, maybe they let you lose the ones that aren't relevant to the plot of that stage can actually go down and say everyone on your side loses 10 morale or something.

I don't know. Do they discuss about this sort of shit overseas? I mean, SRW would have to throw out some shitters in a row for me to not be excited for the next one, but I wouldn't mind applying a little bit more strategy to the games than 'upgrade X, shit on everything'
>>
>>15434810
There is one in V, the Chain of Command skill.
>>
>>15434565
He's the hottest dog of all SRW.
>>
>>15434809
Meh. Maybe they well get some more coverage before the final two are announced.

And if a expansion like this>>15433556 is gonna happen, then I guess a couple of older 'new' series would be more... debuty? Maybe Galvion, Srungle or the Miracle Force Robots.
>>
>>15434930
I unfortunately doubt they'll bother, they didn't put enemies from the shows in and both shows have plenty of allied unit potential going unused.

Any list of the next expansion that lacks Daimos is straight up wrong, anyway. It's telegraphed like a Mazinger in a SRW.

Oh, by the way, I know you have that list of all the Mecha series out there. Do you have the lists for 2016 and 2017, only counting animated things? I'm going to finally get to updating The Chart this weekend since I have Excel, pretty much no money, and thus nothing better to do.
>>
I want to send Ibis to Japari park.
>>
What are some units worth investing in in D? I just got done with the first route split and have a bunch of new units to deal with
>>
Anyone mind posting the perfect bible page that has Elle's stats and skills? I really want to know how high her NT levels go (or at least when she gets NT lv 3).
>>
>>15434950
I wish I could do something about it. ATM, Im stuck at the family farm, with a barely fuctional phone wifi. I might made it back Sunday, however.

Also need to update that, ID-0 is missing.
>>
>>15435008
Fair enough.

(Also did CC even have series music? Because Captain Earth debuted there and was only there too.)
>>
>>15435052
(No clue)
>>
>>15434016

I thought V was pretty good and I was expecting shit based on the series list when it was announced. They could've made the game harder to compensate for all the new game play mechanics that made the game easier thought.
>>
http://may.2chan.net/b/src/1492218999719.webm
>>
>>15434083
>Will reducing the range back to SRC or A tier improve SRW range-play?
I don't really agree with >>15434110

The one big advantage I can think of even though people really hate it is that if the majority of P attacks were back to Range 1, then that means you can plan your numbers around having 4 units attack a target on a turn unless you set-up your ranged attackers in a good position beforehand for additional shots.

Lower ranges also means both sides can use units as meatwalls - as stated - if the majority of units are at Range 1, you need at most 4 units surrounding your squishy to block him off from the enemy, if it's Range 2, then 8 units. Less if terrain is actually relevant to act as chokepoint.

When the average attack is Range 4 then you need 32 units as individual pieces on the board to do the same, which I don't think any SRW has ever hit.

There's also the arbitrary "Range 1 attacks cannot increase their range even through parts/Snipe" rule which it would effect.

You could probably still do rangeplay with high ranges - FMW has a couple of times where they build blind spots into unit ranges and expects you to take advantage of it where SRW is practically homogeneous in making just about all its bosses have a 1-15 move just to counter every single attack.

>>15434118
>Remove all damage boosting skills and spirits
Fair enough, it's kind of over-centralizing, but I do think Iron Wall/Flash/Endure are much more overpowered than Valor/Soul.

>cut down the number of pilot ability slots.
That would technically raise the difficulty, but I honestly doubt by that much - there's some diminishing returns from slapping every single individual skill on a pilot anyway especially the situational ones like Hit & Away on pilots who don't even have long-ranged weapons.

Assuming broken skills like Attacker aren't buyable, it's the ability to pump 400 points of Stats into a pilot that's the real issue with the skill system IMO.
>>
File: The Face Of Madness.jpg (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Face Of Madness.jpg
48KB, 400x400px
>>15434500
>Remove all skills and spirits
>FTFY. I'd like to see how SRW would fare under these circumstances.
Hmm
>>
>>15435111
That poor dino.
>>
>>15435238
STT has bigger problems than how Will is even more of a god stat than in Winky SRWs.
>>
>>15435238
>the horns
Is KR about to rock out?
>>
>>15435232
>8 units

>>
>>15435238
This ain't a bad game, is it? I always wanted to play it! The roster is awesome.
>>
File: 1492221563042.jpg (106KB, 697x578px) Image search: [Google]
1492221563042.jpg
106KB, 697x578px
>>
>>15435238
Who's the guy in the middle who kinda looks like Soulgain?
>>
>>15435286
It has a shit ton of issues like wonky mission triggers which requires a psychic to figure out (I think there's a stage where the Defeat Condition is having a certain unit die, except you do want him to die because it triggers the next part of the stage)

But it's kinda fascinating in its strangeness.
>>
File: 1492221720464.gif (2MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1492221720464.gif
2MB, 240x135px
>>15435303
>>
>>15435307
Vortex/Voltex, the "Bio" side original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBWs-NHBtZk
>>
>>15435267
You wouldn't need any of the units at 1 range to wall it off from a two-range attack. Go back to SRWG-W.
>>
File: super hero generation.jpg (137KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
super hero generation.jpg
137KB, 500x581px
>>15435238
>>15435309
Speaking of games like these, did anyone play this one? How was it?
>>
>>15435310
There doesn't actually seem to be a port for the shells to eject from, they're just popping out of nowhere.
>>
>>15435316
He looks cool as hell.
I love that flesh and bones growing all over kind of shit.
>>
>>15435343
PSYCHO FRAME
>>
>>15435331
Proto Genesis.
Slow and long.
>>
>>15435319
Baldios would like a word.
>>
>>15435395
Baldios wouldn't be able to attack at two range. Do you need a fucking diagram or something?
Go back.
>>
What's better for Amuro until Nu Gundam shows up? The Dijeh or Re-GZ?
>>
>>15435331

I really liked it. It uses what it looks like a modified SD gundam g generations engine and the attack animations are much better than one would expect from a sd gundam game. Just like in modern SD gundam games, there's triggers to cause the stage to move into the next plot event or to summon crossover enemy reinforcements. The last surviving enemy after fulfilling all the trigger requirements gets quite the power up but also drastically boost the amount of experience and points they give, which comes handy for units that can multiply their experience earned

The spirit commands there can be upgraded to boost their effect or range and the main character is heavily support-focused and with really great support spirits so he's worth leveling up even if you don't plan to use him offensively.

It's worth noting that attacks have energy, physical and almighty types and quite a few bosses have barriers that protects against one or the other. Some heroes can use spirits for the same effect.
>>
>>15435430
In Z, the Dijeh is a solid unit, but it doesn't mesh well with the attack again ability since it doesn't have enough weapons to abuse it.

So it's down to either Titans Mk-II or Dijeh depending on the scenario.
>>
>>15435347
He's one of the units that gain upgrades "naturally" (+1 in all stats and/or weapons every 5 levels up to 75, but you can't spend money to upgrade them manually), so he's pretty terrible.
>>
Welp, I think V seems to have a bug related to the Full Armor ZZ. I got it on my first playthrough while only getting exactly 3 Marida points, but in my next one, after getting every single Marida point possible, the Full Amor ZZ didn't show up in Stage 35 when I met all the conditions to obtain it.
>>
>>15435052
I doubt it. I found a large number of videos on nico of the games story mode and thought it might of for few minutes before I realized the uploader had added the music.
>>
>>15435401
How does that change his ability to teleport past your two range guards?

You need twelve people to protect a unit if everyone hits at Range 2 because things like the UX Original and and the Iczers and Baldios exist.

On top of that, the idea that Baldios wouldn't be able to hit two fucking range is frankly laughable.
>>
>>15435522
Teleporting units are almost entirely bosses or player units. Bosses aren't going to move off of their terrain, and player units don't attack player units. If anyone who's actually played the games wants to mention any teleporting grunts, I'd appreciate it, because I can't think of any.
That all ignores that there are no squares at Range 2 free for it to enter, because it's one unit a tile.
Fuck off back to SRWG-W already.
>>
SO WHAT
>>
>>15435238
>SRW is shit with overabundance of skills and spirits
>SRW would be shit with only a fair amount of skills and spirits
>SRW would be also shit wtih no skills or spirits
maybe SRPGs are just bad
actually, scratch the maybe
>>
>>15435543
>or player units

Fucking exactly. Player units. Which can slip into the gaps in the enemy formation you would create if you didn't fill all twelve spaces.
>>
>>15435549
NOT
MY
SNATCH
>>
>>15435560
We're not talking about fucking enemy formations. We're talking about (You), as in the person playing the game, who isn't you, Mattman. Teleporting units aren't a thing to worry about for the player's formations.
Quit trying to fucking move the goalposts for once in your life, if you're wrong you're wrong.
>>
>>15435571
And (Me), the person playing the game, isn't going to care about that shit because protecting units in SRW requires next to no effort excepting scenarios where they cannot move and a boss spawns right near them.

Enemies don't cast Accel, and since we're talking about enemies with ranges of one or two, you just keep whatever unit it is that needs protecting two or three spaces past their movement range.

And if it is the case where a mean boss spawns in and starts getting closer, you surround the fucking boss. Or you take its good teleportation spots away.
>>
>>15435543
Baldios grunts teleport
Grandchers teleport

You're a dumb fucking retard.

>>15435560
And you should honestly fuck off already.
Why the fuck are you still here when you're universally reviled by everyone in this thread to the point the OP recommends filtering your stupid dumbfuck ass?
>>
>>15435490
Kind of thought more people would care about this since many where complaining about not getting it.
>>
>>15435583
The only tactic you use for the half a mission of any SRW you try is turtling. You don't know dick about aggressive defense.
>>15435587
I haven't played a game with Baldios in, and the Brain Powerd bits of J are just a big hole in my memory, thanks though.
>>
Give every grunt enemy small spirit sets and upgrade parts.
More status effect weapons (for both player and enemies.)
All stages have turn limits.

How does my SRW sound?
>>
>>15435628
Oh, and add some multi-target attacks too.
>>
File: IMG_4502.jpg (560KB, 1642x1541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4502.jpg
560KB, 1642x1541px
>we don't have enough Mazinger
>let's treat them as different entities from different universe
>>
>>15435628
>All stages have turn limits
>How does my SRW sound?
Hope you didn't want any sales
>>
>>15435628
Aside for the third point, that's all shit.
You're still letting the enemy abide by the same rules as player units.

Don't.
The third point is just stupid.
>>
>>15435490
While testing this, at least with 7 Marida points, you won't get the Full Armor Double Zeta. I'll test it a bit more to see if there's anything else.

This really sucks.
>>
>>15435587
>Why the fuck are you still here when you're universally reviled by everyone in this thread to the point Gigan recommends filtering your stupid dumbfuck ass?
>>
File: GVG_-_Gigan.jpg (626KB, 1420x1028px) Image search: [Google]
GVG_-_Gigan.jpg
626KB, 1420x1028px
>>15435710
Nigger if Gigan tells me to do it, I do it
>>
>>15435640
>>15435637
OK, some adjustments.

Grunts carry at most 1 or 2 signature spirit commands (which may be weaker versions of existing seishins or even enemy-exclusive).
The seishins won't be too unfair and after the initial appearances you'll surely know how to deal with them.

Turn limits are just to prevent the player from turtling and abusing any regens etc. They'll be lenient depending on difficulty.

Status effect weapons (debuffing weapons and buffing spells) and multi-target weapons (combos and maps) will help in quickly getting rid of the annoying enemies first.

Bring some kind of rock-paper-scissors mechanics too which makes certain player units perform better/worse against certain enemy units. Seishins on both sides will help with that.

By the way, this also means that stages will be short so expect large number of stages.
>>
File: psybuster.jpg (47KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
psybuster.jpg
47KB, 283x400px
>>
>>15435628
Enemies casting spirits? I wouldn't mind, as long as it was balanced, giving them smallish seishin pools, slightly larger ones for bosses, and if multiple enemies cast them, they cast them at the same time, rather than watch everyone cast them one after another.
Status effects? Depends on which units have them, but something like this favors the enemies a bit too much.
Turn limits? Nah, not if we're already going to have SR points asking you to rush as much as possible.
>>
File: 07e83b1331e00db5d8d6175f9be0fff3.jpg (532KB, 1156x753px) Image search: [Google]
07e83b1331e00db5d8d6175f9be0fff3.jpg
532KB, 1156x753px
>>15435762
The OP is top tier
>>
>>15435795
Well, I was pointing out the fact that Cybuster was being changed to Psybuster for some reason, now that Discotek has licensed it (and Dancouga).
>>
>>15435806
Not the first time it's happened to Cybaster, probably not the last.
>>
>>15435806
>and Dancouga

Wait what.

...holy fucking shit they did. Well, I guess that locks my money up for the year. Gaiking, Goshogun, and Dancouga.
>>
>>15435806
>being changed to
The TV version was always like that; I picked up the OST CD ages ago and it clearly says Psybuster on it.
>>
>>15435846
The Geneon DVDs I have say Cybuster, though.
>>
>>15435850
The JP DVDs or the NA ones?
>>
>>15435858
NA. The JP DVDs use サイバスター with no English title.
>>
File: baccano.jpg (2MB, 2340x3200px) Image search: [Google]
baccano.jpg
2MB, 2340x3200px
When will BB Soft hire an actual good illustrator like Enami Katsumi?
>>
>>15435865
The JP OST disc has Psybuster in english on it (for some reason), so I'm assuming that's what JP uses for TV 'buster.
>>
>>15435883
Baccano in SRW when?
>>
I just got to stage 35; do you get the FAZZ during, or after the stage?
>>
>>15435883
Give them time. They need to phase out some of their older trash like MGanzy and dump shit like Watanabe.
>>
File: 89e4d457061d58a3eaa14f097b871c34.png (895KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
89e4d457061d58a3eaa14f097b871c34.png
895KB, 1366x768px
>>15435891
After Shizuo becomes a guest star SS unit in SRW
>>
>>15435899
Watanabe is such a fucking blunder holy shit.

Just because you want to draw fetishist outfit doesn't mean it has to look retarded.
>>
>>15435916
Be nice to Aqua.
>>
>>15435920
Aqua is nothing compared to Watanabe's mobage art.
>>
>>15435896
You don't get the FAZZ at all; it's not in this game.
>>
>>15435925
There's no Sentinel on the cast list, so FAZZ = Full Armor ZZ. Stop being mattman-tier anal about stupid shit.
>>
>>15435927
There's not Sentinel on the cast list, so FAZZ = not in this game.
>>
>>15435927
Except the FAZZ is not the god damn Full Armor ZZ.
Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
FAZZ fuzz ITT
>>
>Best girl Nine finally shows up
>"Screenshot option is not allowed"

First P5 and now this, why are we not allowed to take screens of the games we bought?
>>
>>15435972
Not everyone agrees with Sony about showing off the games. I think some companies are a little prudish and are worried that easy access to screenshots and streaming/video clips will decrease sales (because it's too late, he's already seen everything) rather than increase interest?
>>
>>15435981
But every single video game players in the world have a phone with camera.
>>
>>15435928
>>15435931
>being this big of a sperg over an acronym
>>
That reminds me, I need to grind my Full Armor ZZ into a FAZZ in Genesis to further the completion. I dig the FAZZ having a bit rifle like it does. Then again, I even like the design of the MP ZZ.
>>
>>15435990
I know, tell that to Atlus and Ban 'nam.
>>
File: 8cfcd3ade919c982ac27512343280b62.jpg (490KB, 1397x787px) Image search: [Google]
8cfcd3ade919c982ac27512343280b62.jpg
490KB, 1397x787px
>>15435972
I startred to use remote play for SRW if I needed to screenshot something. Not a perfect system though
>>
Boy, what the heck did they do to the Eva plot in SRW V
>>
>>15436049
They just condensed the Angel fights by having them show up in pairs. Compared to Unicorn, Eva stayed practically the same.
>>
Were there guides for the original GBA OG games?
>>
>>15436224
Yeah. Google it.
>>
Finding out about this series today and then finding out that it's barely translated is suffering. I like RPGs with odd premises or settings.

Then again I only ever watched Macross stuff so far.
>>
>>15436365
The controls are pretty much the same each game, just play J or OG GBA first and you're set to go.
>>
>>15435490
>>15435678
I'd say I'm on your boat gentlemen I've been getting all the Marida points so far, if this is a bug the Japs haven't said anything about it.
>>
>>15436389
Been looking at Alpha Gaiden now, since that seems to have a patch, and for the easy emulation on PSP.

Well that and it gets some VFs.
>>
>>15436397
There'll be plenty of games where you get to play with VF-25s so just be happy you'll get there once you move on to the newer titles.
>>
>>15436400
Come to think of it, does this play anything like Front Mission? I had some fun with 3 a while ago.
>>
>>15436411
The closest game to play like Front Mission might be GC with the body system, but otherwise the only similarity is that they're both SRPGs with robots.
>>
>>15436413
Fair enough. thanks.
>>
File: Thumbs Kamille.jpg (39KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs Kamille.jpg
39KB, 720x480px
>>15436420
No problem newfriend welcome to /srwg/ enjoy your stay!
>>
Speaking of Macross, I just realized Zero hasn't been in SRW.

No, SC and ACE doesn't count.
>>
>>15436611
As much as I like the designs in Zero, I don't think the VF-0es would be very interesting in SRW.
>>
>>15436611
We've had the macross 30 game appear in SRW BX, so you never know.
>>
>>15436644
30 would've been a nice excuse to have Frontier and Zero in the same game.
>>
>>15436634
But every VFs so far have the same list of attacks anyway with the occasional beam cannon, barrier punch or nukes.
>>
>>15436659
Yeah, and the VF-0 doesn't get even those. Its upgrade is just a Ghost stapled onto its back for speed and more missiles.
>>
>>15436659
Not really. The SDF Valks are the only really repetitive ones. 7 and Plus have decent variety. Frontier isn't as varied, but they're still quite a bit less identical than the SDF units, particularly if the movies are included.
>>
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4759107
erogashii
>>
File: 1492269308789.jpg (104KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1492269308789.jpg
104KB, 1200x675px
Not-Kamile in SRW when?
>>
>>15436810
What show?
>>
>>15436828
Re:Creators
>>
>>15435733
You're doing a terrible job at convincing me your ideas wouldn't lead to financial ruin.

Just like everything else the Western fanbase thinks of to "improve" SRW.
>>
>Graham and Patrick out of nowhere

And here I was wasting credits on Quan[T]

V has been fun so far.
>>
>>15436881
>All those gamefaqs newshitters suggesting the game to be like G Gen with replayable stage and keeping all the upgrades to the next playthrough
>>
>>15436810
That stupid-ass head reminds of me of Aldnoah

>I-IV
Convince me this isn't going to be Aldnoah Mk-II
>>
File: C9XhHBnV0AA6Aub.jpg (52KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
C9XhHBnV0AA6Aub.jpg
52KB, 600x300px
>Hey let's make a new Wing Zero for the game
>We have an Shooter version already so maybe a Blaster for a change? Nah let's make another Shooter for fuck's sake
>Oh and remember to also make it a Taiki although we already have another one.
>We gave Rebuild 01 the Magarok so how about giving Wing Zero the Drei Zwerg Buster to differentiate it from the normal one? Haha nope let's just give it the same fucking name and pilot. So creative huh?
Are other mobages also this dumb?
>>
>>15436899
Ssh you'll trigger Matt's autism
>>
>Pick 3 new series (non-Gundam/Mazinger/Getter)
>Write cohesive SRW story
>>
>>15436919
Just have them happening in three different earths.
>>
>>15436919
Aldnoah/Zero
Rinne no Lagrange
Comet Lucifer
>>
>>15436919
I wonder if my stories are cohesive

or just that no one seen/played enough of the component series to tell.
>>
>>15436723
Isamu and Guld have nearly the same moveset and there's quite a bit of sameyness between the ones in 7 (especially when we get everyone and not just Basara and Gamlin).
>>
>>15436723
No. In Alpha they only have the usual gunpod, missile, punch, all out attack etc.

YF-21 has limiter release in Alpha Gaiden but that's it.

Same with Gundam I guess, but every Gundam has at least one unique gimmick since their target audience for toys are little kids.
>>
>>15436881
I think you're right.
I mean who plays SRW for gameplay right?
Just get new licenses, slap some cool animations and we're done.
>>
>Trailblazer's been in the last few SRW games
>Gadelaza never included
Why?
>>
I really don't understand people who say 'Enemies should be able to use spirits in SRW', because most spirits are just stat boosts?

Do they want enemies that use Focus every turn? That's the same as enemies having +30 Evasion and Accuracy added to their stats permanently. Play A Portable more.

You want enemies to use Valor every attack? That's just adjusting the damage numbers to double the average damage.

Or. Maybe. What these people want is for the enemies to use flash and valor, then attack them once with their Methuss with flash on, supported by their FUB'd master unit, so they can go 'HAHA I HAVE DEFEATED TERADAS ELITE STRATEGY, I AM SO SMART LOLOLOLOLpleaseloveme'.

Maybe that's what they mean.
>>
>>15437007
Isn't it like Heine from SEED Destiny and it's more costly to get the VA for the pilot? Best chance to get them playable was back in the day before SRW was always voiced, the DS era.
>>
>>15437022
But honestly, I think the difficulty debate is really not taking into account that a big part of SRW isn't it's mechanical complexity, but its ability to be a sandbox. Its a game where you're supposed to be able to use your favorites, no matter how shit, and prevail. Its a game where you can complete it without using upgrades, and in some cases without using spirits. Its meant to be played in a variety of possible ways, and in order to allow that, the mechanics have to be flexible and permissive, which makes them easy to exploit and allows a mode of play which people perceive as overly easy.

But I somehow doubt the people arguing for these big hardness changes have done anything but FUB all the main character units, gotten bored and came here to whine.
>>
>>15435551
>maybe SRW is just bad
FTFY
>>
>>15437022
>>15437055

I understand what you're saying, but Cagalli is crying!
>>
>>15436881
Okay, smartass, how would YOU improve SRW?
>>
>>15437022
most spirits are just stat boosts =/= all spirits are just stat boosts.
Maybe something more general like pilot skills/mech abilities would be better.
But I agree with >>15437055, all of this would make SRW very... un-SRW-like.
>>
I think most of the fun comes from completely breaking and raping the system and making lots of numbers to appear. The same appeal Disgaea has of turning regular units into universe busters
>>
>>15437055
If everything is too easy, why don't we just use turn count as a score indicator?

That autistic newfag (michael jackson or whatever) in gamefaqs is right. Everyone is complaining about how easy SRWs are but ignored the turn count entirely.
>>
>>15437027
I'd honestly be shocked if SRW didn't have a higher budget than the the World/Overworld G Gens, or at least equal.

It could just be a situation where they normally don't voice act so it'd be hard but not impossible to get them for a role reprisal, especially with Shaman considering how inconsequential he was at the end.

Speaking of those G Gens; guess who showed up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7dm-ZDBgAI

I'd really, REALLY like Shaman to show up. They could at least make him do something other than be a meat shield.
>>
>>15437084

That reminds me how in most srw games i can finish most stages in three-four turns, maybe five if the stages are big and the enemies are too far away.

Shit's made even easier in Z3 with that combo that gives maxed out Orguss infinite extra turns and he can destroy all mooks leaving the boss alone to be gangbanged without worries.
>>
>>15437069
She's always crying, it would be a nightmare if you lived with her.
>>
>>15435441
Or you could give him Turn A and let Loran use Dijeh for now.

Or you could switch it up with Kamille using Turn A, Loran using Mk-II, Amuro sticking with the Black Gundam, and Quattro on some spare mecha.
>>
>>15437092
>Not Turn A
That thing is a rape machine and it can refill itself. Too bad they removed enable.
>>
>>15434752
Wait wat
>>
>>15437102

I prefer Orguss because it is easy to give him a gorillon of ammo to his ALL attack and maybe slap a cartridge to refill it if they aren't enough to crush all the twins. That and its ALL is one of the strongests in the game
>>
>>15435733
>rock-paper-scissors mechanics
Autism
>>
>>15437117
>my FUB gendum is stronk and no one can kill him.
>>
>>15437055
>but its ability to be a sandbox.
And it's a bad sandbox if that's the case.
If I have to actively put handicaps on myself to make the game "challenging", it's a bad game.

And let's be honest here, even by doing a no upgrade/no spirit run the games don't get harder, they only get longer and more tedious, the core gameplay isn't nuanced or complex enough to accomodate out of the box strategies or meaningful exploits, you're only putting the odds in favor of the RNG on a sheer mathematical basis of plus and minus.
>>
>>15437121
>FUB a gundumb
Like I said autism
>>
>>15437125
Fine, FUB bazinga. How's that?
>>
>>15437123
>Even by doing a no upgrade/no spirit run the games don't get harder
Agree.

>They only get longer and more tedious
No? Unless not one shotting everyone is tedious to you.
>>
File: 441 (Portrait).png (48KB, 416x516px) Image search: [Google]
441 (Portrait).png
48KB, 416x516px
>>15437104
There's even Dearka and Yzak.
>>
>>15437134
I don't know where they would fit in cause looking though the dlc there doesn't seem to be anything with seed
>>
Man, it really took them almost a decade to finally have a female protagonist again rather than the entire dull male main pilot/female sub pilot dynamic that they had.

And the only really good one out of those was Rand personally.
>>
File: 40.png (167KB, 672x256px) Image search: [Google]
40.png
167KB, 672x256px
>>15437141
Maybe they planned Akatsuki and the two Zakus only to drop it early and forgot to tell the illustrator.

By the way this sprite is absolute shit, considering all Z3 sprites are high quality even though the animation is bad.
>>
>>15437151
SORA WAAA
>>
I think Cross Ange is a pretty cool guy,

Eh teleprot attacks and doesnt afraid of anything
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>
I for one would like to play a SRW where conventional and time-tested strategies of earlier SRWs don't work, or actually produce negative effects.

>SRW N(egative)
>Tagline: Despair is the only route.
>>
>>15437158
FUCK OFF
>>
>Enemy feeds off the WILL of your units
>>
For the Stage 28-32 split, should I go UC or AD? I'm leaning toward AD cause at least it's new stuff
>>
>>15437201
Go AD, my man.
>>
>>15437201
UC has more secrets than AD (Super Robot Alloy Z, earlier Melda, Garanceries requirement, Sosuke's Crossbow, Alpha Azieru, Missile Pod for the Xi Gundam).

AD meanwhile only gets you to save Kocho. Though if you got Banjo and Maito's ace bonus, I'd go AD.
>>
>>15437246
Super Alloy Z, not super robot alloy z me.

Dammit all.
>>
>>15437246
Huh wow, they really do dick you over in terms of secrets for the AD route

Now why would they go and do that
>>
>>15437252
They're mostly stuff from Z3 anyway. Missile Pod is a good map but you already have Huckebein, Strike Freedom and Laevatein with the exact same map range.
>>
>>15437246
I still can't believe that Xi's tail is a secret
I mean we've been kind of having a drought in terms of secrets recently but that one's kind of bottom of the barrel I think
>>
>>15437123
Why is 'challenging' in air-quotes?

And I don't get why a game giving you the ability to handicap yourself is intrinsically bad. A lot of strategy games force you to use certain units, and for many people, if they don't like those units it puts them off.

Are you suggesting a game where we have to use Kira, Kamille, Gurren Laggann and Boss in the TFO for inexplicably cheap spirits, or else auto-lose, would appeal to you more?
>>
>>15437128
>Unless not one shotting everyone is tedious to you.
It is because there's no next to no risk involved whatsoever, you're only making the game longer by needing to do another attack which is 90% of the time the same exact thing with a different unit, so it's longer and more tedious.
>>15437365
>Why is 'challenging' in air-quotes?
Maybe we're truly entering the post-unironic age after all.
>And I don't get why a game giving you the ability to handicap yourself is intrinsically bad.
That's not what I said, any game lets you handicap yourself, but if a game straight up forces you to ignore its basic core mechanics to become, again, "challenging", it's simply bad design in my book.
A game is challenging if it requires you to use all of its mechanics, and if you want to ignore some of them you better make the game extra fucking hard or nuanced enough to make me find another way to solve my problems other than repeating the usual strategy double the times.
>and for many people, if they don't like those units it puts them off.
Tough luck then, maybe strategy games aren't for them.
>would appeal to you more?
In my specific case? Probably. I like finding practical and inpractical solutions to problems, but that's just my view on things, and I don't deny that I mainly play SRW for the casts, but if a unit I like is shit(rarely the case in modern SRW) I don't really have much of a problem in benching it for another one.

If all of a sudden the Gespensts would become utterly unviable it would pain me a lot, but I'd put Katina or Russel in a Grungust or the Gigan like other people do, Kai stays in the Gespie though, motherfucker.
>>
>>15437246
They usually dump all of the secrets on the gundam routes for whatever reason and its kind of annoying.
>>
>>15437128

It is tedious because usually around midgame the games tend to shit high HP enemies at you. It is not about strategy but about ganging up on an enemy unit you kill it and move to the next HP sponge. Double the tedious if it is a game with squads.
>>
In order to ramp up my Nadesico kill-count, I'm gonna give it two Turbo Penetrators and throw it straight into enemy

Could this end badly?
>>
>>15437728
>The Nadesico is broken in this stage

FUCK
>>
>>15437728
For the enemies.
>>
>>15437728
>>15437746
>"The Nadesico will destroy all my enemies!"
>Next time: The Nadesico Is Broken!
>>
>>15437728
They pull the same shit with the Yamato.

>Hey, it's the Domel stage, and this SR should be eas...
-Yamato is immobile until you destroy all the carriers.
>Fuck.
>>
>>15437436

I would say the portable games were a turn into the right direction. Badass units had badass stats and offense while crappy shitters had powerful paired bonuses.

It shouldn't be hard to strike a balance so weakass units have strong utility and thus are worth using beyond being repair sluts. Also, probably the game could take into consideration the average amount of money a player would have at X stage and increase the upgrades of the enemies accordingly (wouldn't hurt if also they implemented the buffs/debuffs built-in most attacks that some SRW had and give enemy mooks utility attacks so they aren't just easy morale)
>>
There seems to be a weird bug with the FA Double Zeta. On stage 36, if you obtain every single Marida point, there's a chance it won't show up. Not sure what triggered it.

Note that this may not affect you since I don't have the patch from late march due to my PS4 having issues connecting to the internet.
>>
>>15437942
>>15437942

New Thread
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.