[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should /m/ start using poster IDs in order to combat derailm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 39

File: 1488887103414.jpg (41KB, 812x150px) Image search: [Google]
1488887103414.jpg
41KB, 812x150px
Should /m/ start using poster IDs in order to combat derailment?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12583070

Before you try to prune this thread, take a look at pic related. This thread is sanctioned by Hiro.
>>
I propose /m/ related mandatory usernames
>>
>>15346106
Don't we already have one? The thread talking about shitposting:
>>15341436

>>15346116
I don't mind this, or just required tripcodes even.
>>
Hide shitposter threads.

Ignore shitposter posts.

Do not reply to shitposters.
>>
>>15346106
I don't think that's a bad idea, though it probably wouldn't stop the countless bait threads.

>>15346116
I'd be down for this, but of course people will go "BUT MUH ANONYMITY"
>>
>>15346119
>>15346116
IDs I can understand (they won't do anything btw because the same evader/s will still continue their evading and evasion) and wouldn't mind.
Mandatory usernames are completely anathema to why I use 4chan over any other "forum".
Also, what's to stop some dedicated cunt from using fake credentials over and over again? It doesn't solve the problem. IDs don't either, but they aren't intrusive and there are already extensions that track first posts in threads, so this is sort of an extension of that. It's a small deterrent, but it could help.
>>
Instead of anonymous, everyone should either have a RGM-79 or MS-06 for their name.
>>
>>15346144
IDs don't work, they can be spoofed.
>>
IDs have a prove track record. Other boards have used them to great effect. There is no one solution that is going to be perfect and solve everything, but IDs will filter out a lot of the shit. It's a great deterrent.
>>
>>15346152
The real problem we have are just 1 or 2 dedicated shitposters, who are more than capable of spoofing a bajillion IDs, because they're that determined to shitpost.

And everyone else suffers for the whole IDs thing.

Very smart of you, and /m/ already is a very slow board.
>>
>>15346106
I approve, but as you can see from the total votecount, /m/'s problems lay outside of dedicated shitposters.
>>
>>15346159
Why would anyone suffer from the IDs? Unless you're samefagging, what trouble would they cause?
>>
>>15346151
That's what the gist of my post was, dude.
>>
We should send Toku generals to /tv/ or /jp/ while we're at it.
>>
There's been a lack of new content lately so people have nothing to talk about...
>>
How about having to swear allegiance to the Federation or Zeon before posting and that determines your flag?
>>
>>15346144
I think a good reason for having usernames or tripcodes is more to encourage people going by their online handles, and making people with these handles appear much more credible than anons. While anyone can make a shit-ton of IDs or tripcodes, nobody can fake an existing one and if people tend to ignore anons without an identifier, I think the shitposting might die down a bit.
>>
This is about the fifth time you've made this thread. Are you going to stop, and go away?
>>
>>15346152
There's really only one solution to this, and it sorta undermines the nature of 4chan in the process:

The SomethingAwful method. Pay to register to post, shitposting gets your posting rights revoked, have to pay again to reregister. The financial cost acts as a deterrent against acting like an idiot, though it would kinda necessitate board specific mods who have a good read of their assigned beat and can recognize shitposting in context rather than assuming report abuse.
>>
>>15346159
This guy >>15346164 is right. You sound like you're the one who shitposts. If it's so easy to bypass IDs, then state the methods.
>>
>>15346182
and make /m/ even slower?
>>
All /m/ needs is actual fucking moderation.
>>
>>15346230
The thing is that we do have mods. It's just that the mod or janitor is either the shitposter or in league with him.
>>
>>15346223

Any moron can use Tor or any IP changing program to get a new "ID". And unless you announced to the world you were someone else, no one would know.
>>
>>15346244
You expect anybody to believe that /m/'s shitposters want to put in the kind of minimal effort.
pfft
>>
>IDs won't work, they'll just bypass them
You can naysay all you want, but every board that IDs have been implemented on have drastically improved in quality.
>>
Step 1 is to enforce /pol/ containment, the sewage has been leaking out since election season and no one has cleaned that shit up.

Step 2, range ban phone IPs, phoneposting is one of the biggest sources of low quality content right now, post on a real computer or fuck off to twitter.

Step 3, add a fucking text field to the post reporter form so you can give a short explanation of why a post is being reported, so that maybe the goddamn mods can make an informed decision for once in their lives.
>>
>>15346244
>he doesn't know about airplane mode
>>
>>15346269
>add a fucking text field to the post reporter form so you can give a short explanation of why a post is being reported
This really should've been in since day one.
>>
>>15346197
That's cute and all, but go to mechatalk or Reddit or something. I dislike that mentality that invariably follows of poster identity = authority/quality vs. post content = authority/quality.
You can still find great discussion here, but you have to scrounge for it more than ever before. I think the point OP is hoping to get to is one of less trudging through the muck. Thread (emphasis on thread) IDs won't do the trick against our particular "boogeyman", but they may help and don't change the nature of the site, so I'll give them a shot.
>>15346194
What's wrong with a marginally slower board?
It's not like the site isn't super integrated (thread watcher) or tabbed browsing doesn't exist. The subgroup of Tokufans would be free to post here, their generals would just be on another board.
>>
>>15346129
Doesn't work with Duelrager
>>
>>15346106

>Hiroshimoot said we can have one meta thread
>let's make a half fucking dozen

People like you are getting worse than the shitposters.

>>15346129 is the only correct motherfucker in this thread.
>>
Serious question:

what's wrong with shitposting and thread derailment?

Also, do you seriously believe that "quality discussions" are what makes this website fun?

Like, do you seriously, honestly care about what you call "quality discussions", whatever that means?

Why do you come here if not to be free to post whatever you want without having to answer for it to anyone but mods?

Don't you realize that enforcing poster ID would thoroughly and durably ruin the appeal of this site, whereas shitposting only mitigates it temporarily?
>>
>>15346363
I'll play along so nobody else replies to your hippiespacing post.
>what's wrong with shitposting and thread derailment?
Prevents potentially enriching, entertaining or informed discussion from flourishing.
>Also, do you seriously believe that "quality discussions" are what makes this website fun?
Yes, I do. Because I am not 15 years old. But I also believe that shitposting is not the same as having boardculture and in-jokes.
>Like, do you seriously, honestly care about what you call "quality discussions", whatever that means?
Read what I said above and think about it, if you honestly want an answer that is.
>Why do you come here if not to be free to post whatever you want without having to answer for it to anyone but mods?
Because I don't browse any other website, you might come here because you feel treated unjustly on Reddit (as evident by your formating) but that does not mean you can come here to take your dumps.
>Don't you realize that enforcing poster ID would thoroughly and durably ruin the appeal of this site, whereas shitposting only mitigates it temporarily?
Read the thread, what others had to say about it, and no.
>>
>>15346106
Can we just get an active mod and janitor for this?
>>
>>15346363
>Don't you realize that enforcing poster ID would thoroughly and durably ruin the appeal of this site, whereas shitposting only mitigates it temporarily?

It's time for shitposters to evolve. Here's your limitation, be creative about it you mong.
>>
>>15346285
While I agree that thread IDs probably won't solve the problem, they should at least reduce or slow it. Worth a shot.
>>
>>15346391
Okay, so you honestly do not realize that every embarrassing post you've ever made (and there doubtlessly are dozens of them at the very least) will forever be tied to you, and subsequently make every attempt of "serious" discussion meaningless by association because any interesting shit you may say will be viewed through the lens of the bullshit you've previously said.

Also, shitposting and thread derailment are sources of entertainment, enrichment and information that are just as valid (if not more efficient) than whatever you think counts as quality discussions.

And yes, that includes lazyposting, blatant trolling and all the rest. Those are some of the rare things that prevent /m/ from being a shithole. Right now we have a very comfortable, optimal level of shitposting with less drawbacks than advantage. Some boards are less fortunate but overall, the mere existence of continued shitposting proves that anonymity is more enjoyable than the absence of shitposting. Otherwise we wouldn't keep doing it.

It's at least 50% of what makes this website fun to browse, and why just like you, I practically don't use any other website. Because unlike on reddit, anonymity allows us to not enforce bullshit standards upon ourselves.

If you think that you don't like being a dickhead, indulging in silly circlejerks, or just upholding contradictory opinions depending on what's more fun, you should probably stick to reddit, or to any anime forum, really.

Then maybe you'll realize that "quality discussion" really aren't that much fun compared to shitposting and anonymity.
>>
>>15346116

If we have IDs then honestly it doesn't matter if we use names or not.
>>
>>15346215

The problem is that encourages sucking the mod's cock at all times.
>>
Actually enforcing the "shitposting is a bannable offense" rule would fix a lot.
>>
I'd like to remind everyone that this is an IMAGEboard and that its primary purpose is not to encourage discussion, but to dump pictures. The quality of discussion is ultimately irrelevant and pictureless threads are essentially a misuse of this website.
>>
>>15346409
>Being contrarian is fun
So this is the state /m/ has sunk to
>>
>>15346106
Stop with all the fucking meta threads already this is like the fourth one made in a day now.
>>
>>15346440
Different anon. I imagine you're being thick on purpose, but I'll humour you. Thread IDs are not the same as usernames.
You're only tied to them for the life of the thread. You can have your serious Robotech thread and shitpost over in the Delta thread at the same time with thread IDs. They really exist to curb samefaggotry, but as others including myself have said, it's easy to get around.
>>
>>15346164
>Unless you're samefagging,

It'd be the opposite actually. You'd just get people manipulating the ID in order to "prove" they're not samefagging or worse people intentionally replying to their same ID while pretending they're oblivious about it to send everyone else into a tirade over the obvious samefagging.
>>
>>15346455
The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
>>
>>15346440

Not him but all you're telling me is not that you want to shitpost, but that you want to shitpost without consequence. No site, no matter what it is, is immune to shitposting, you can do it anywhere. The only thing that makes 4chan different is that the mods are lazy and don't do anything about it, even though the rules do actually say that shitposting is supposed to be punished by ban just like being off the topic of the board is.
>>
>>15346269
>add a fucking text field to the post reporter form so you can give a short explanation of why a post is being reported,

That sounds like a good idea at first but you know it's just gonna be nothing but NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER or KEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEK spam.
>>
>>15346478
That's a lie fabricated to give mods more leeway and freedom of interpretation of what constitutes a bannable post.
>>
>>15346440
>Okay, so you honestly do not realize that every embarrassing post you've ever made will forever be tied to you,

Oh, so you're a fucking newfag who doesn't know how IDs work. They are just per thread. Lurk more, post less.
>>
>>15346458
Agreeing with someone is being contrarian now?
>>
>>15346485
>to give mods more leeway
How do you get more leeway than "absolute power"? Whatever the mods say, goes, this isn't a democracy.
>>
>>15346182
Seconding this.
>>
>>
>>15346106
There are absolutely no downsides to giving /m/ post ids.
Honestly the fact that only 49 people voted though is kind of disheartening.
>>
>>15346455
That is why I usually have /d/ open. Its a true imageboard. Except for those threads where they fucking get into discussion and have like 269 posts and 8 pics.
>>
>>15346484
Just ban the people who do that then.
I've been banned for shit even more trivial than that.
>>
>>15346478
Mods like to pull that card whenever they want to ban someone who hasn't done anything wrong.
>>
>>15346455
Imageboards, by definition, are MESSAGEboards that support the posting of images. It's fine that you made up your own definition, just stop forcing it onto others (yes, i know image-less threads are garbage and should be shot in the head).
>>
>>15346363
I have never actually wanted to kill anyone over stupid internet discussion until this post.

Are you literally 12 years old? Do you believe that this site exists for people to shitpost? You are literally everything that is wrong with how the site currently is, you don't believe in discussion, you only want to spill sewage
>>
File: 1461259970672.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1461259970672.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>15346440
>And yes, that includes lazyposting, blatant trolling and all the rest. Those are some of the rare things that prevent /m/ from being a shithole. Right now we have a very comfortable, optimal level of shitposting with less drawbacks than advantage
Is this a joke? Am I being rused here?
>>
File: 1463587452848.jpg (84KB, 871x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463587452848.jpg
84KB, 871x720px
>>15346440
I refuse to believe someone like you exists
>>
File: on so many levels.png (447KB, 875x629px) Image search: [Google]
on so many levels.png
447KB, 875x629px
>>15346440
>Then maybe you'll realize that "quality discussion" really aren't that much fun compared to shitposting and anonymity.
>>
>>15346106
Temporarily yes. Maybe about a year or so.
>>
File: Don't Be A Cockhorse.jpg (39KB, 704x320px) Image search: [Google]
Don't Be A Cockhorse.jpg
39KB, 704x320px
>>15346440
Oh come on. /m/ is the only half-decent place there is out there to discuss giant robot cartoons without being either inundated by casuals or fragmented into nothingness like Reddit. The fact that there's a reasonable quality of discussion in many threads is by far this community's biggest saving grace compared to some of the real shitpile boards like /v/.

If you want to see how shitposting makes a community demonstrably worse, look at /krg/ compared to any of the other general threads. /krg/ is by far the worst general thread we have, and it's largely because it's the most vulnerable to things like someone trying to start a witch hunt against some namefag nobody knows or gives a shit about. Contrast /srwg/, the best general we have, which has largely managed to shrug off shitposters and maintain a flow of discussion. Nothing about that stops memes, like when a dozen people will quote Hibiki Engrish lines at each other in a row, but that's people sharing a joke rather than monkeys flinging shit at each other and accusing one another of being some dumbass on Twitter.
>>
>>15347042
You know in the past I would have laughed this off as a joke.

As of now? I don't know anymore. So anon I must ask you, are you a massive faggot?
>>
>>15347062
I only suck dick when I'm in a bender for cash if that answers the question.
>>
>>15347070
So yes. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>15346106
It would be nice if you could have thread IDs rather than board IDs. So you're anonymous across threads but not in an individual thread.
>>
>>15347081
There's nothing wrong with gay for pay.
>>
>>15347083
It is once you get an STD you massive faggot.
>>
>>15347113
Ok seriously dude stop calling me a f*ggot this is making me very uncomfortable and I won't tolerate such hostility any longer.
>>
>>15347120
4chan is not a hugbox nor a safe space.

faggot
>>
>>15347141
Alright that's it I warned you now I have to take matters into my own hands. I wish it didn't come to this but you left me no choice, I'm writing Hiro one hell of an email about your activities.
>>
>>15347144
>Waaahhhh I am going to tell mommy
>>
>>15346106
oh boy this thread reads exactly like political bullshit about taking your rights away.
>dude, nobody needs scary stealthy baby-killing shitpost-enabling unlimited anonymity, we need to get rid of those, think of the children. Instead of getting mods to do their fucking job, we will give everyone IDs. It's totally gonna work, because shitposters will never try to bypass it and thus stop shitposting. Other places(citation needed) uses IDs and they are doing great(citation needed), so we should do the same despite 4chan was anonymous and fine as is since forever ago. Why do you want to be anonymous? Why don't you want IDs? Are you planning to commit a violent mass shitpost?
and all the other absurd counter productive "ideas"? Get real, you guys ain't no holier-than-thou problem solvers saving the internet, get off the high horse and post normally like the rest of us.
>>
>>15347148
>>15347144
stop giving each other (you)s
shitposting in a thread about shitposting is just too meta
>inb4 merely pretending
>>
>>15346116
If we had Board IDs we'd be better off just going to a fourm, less shitposters that way too.
>>
>>15347154
It has worked in every board that has used it, why would /m/ be the only place for it to not work?
>>
>>15346478
How would you know? You've never done anything remotely quality in your whiny, nasal little life.
>>
>>15347166
What's stopping you from going to those places? Why does /m/ have to change?
>if only apples would taste like oranges, hmm, time to modify some genes
>>
>>15347201
Not him but as far as I am aware they don't talk about mecha outside of /m/ so yeah.
>>
>>15346862
>>15346871
>>15346896
I have been convinced that the so called "dedicated shitposter" isn't shitposting at all, but is legitimately retarded.
>>
File: 1369160024212.png (636KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1369160024212.png
636KB, 800x600px
>>15346106
What sort of derailment are we talking here?
>>
>>15346285
>poster identity = authority/quality vs. post content = authority/quality
The best way to get post content = authority/quality would be upboats.
>>
>>15346363
>Also, do you seriously believe that "quality discussions" are what makes this website fun?
Sup you fucking newshit
Not every board is /b/ fuck off and die honestly you Chanology/Gamergate cunt
>>
>>15346440
Shitposting has always been against the rules. Why don't you got look at them for once in your miserable life eh? Low effort posting is forbidden
>>
>>15347201
Because /m/ HAS changed, and people are desperate to get it back. You want to stop this discussion? Then use self moderation to get /m/ back to being a mecha board, and not a /a/,/v/,/b/ reskin that it is now. This is a nuclear option, asked for by desperate people. Of course IDs are going to irrevocably change /m/. The people asking for them know that. They just think things are bad enough to take that chance.

>>15346285
Thread IDs aren't going to get rid of shitposters. But it will get rid of lazy shitposters. Not everyone is going to unplug their router for everypost, just so they can fake an argument. Yes some autists still will, but it will be less fun if there is effort involved.

And yes the people who use proxies won't be affected at all, which is kind of bad since they are the worst ones. At least it would get rid of all the kids from forums and IRCs who get talked into shitposting here since it's so easy and free of consequence.
>>
If you want to improve things, genuinely wish for a better board, then it's going to take a lot more than just the Poster IDs.

I'm all for Poster IDs if it'll help improve posting quality, but is that honestly the only issue that's going on here?

A lot of you come to this board with no real dedication to the genre. You're divided into groups of people who just want to stay in their safe zones. Whether it's the people who just watch Gundam or the people who just watch Kamen Rider, or what ever else.

All of you need to actually start expanding your collections and checking out more content relevant to the board's topic and genre of discussion.

I'm not telling you to go out and watch every single show from the early days of anime to the current year, but it would honestly help if some of you actually made an effort to watch not just the good stuff, but the bad stuff, or the unappealing stuff, and genuinely made the effort to explore the different periods, styles, and themes that exist in this genre.

From my very early posting days I used to do recommendation threads, not because I wanted to recommend my favorite shows but because it was painfully obvious that I was one of the few people who went out and watched the shows.

There's no reason to come to such a niche genre board if you're not going to make actual effort to explore. I was hoping that my recommendation threads would've helped, but the moment I stopped doing it, it just got a lot worse and felt like people stopped watching. Hell, there are people in this thread right now who have no idea how many episodes are in Zambot 3.

You're all so pessimistic about this genre but it's honestly a great one, filled with tons of amazing content spanning many decades, many mediums, and many content creators from around the world.

Don't seal yourself in a franchise and call it a day, I want you to go out and explore and see what this world has to offer you.
>>
>>15346778
The entire problem with /a/ is that somewhere along the line some faggots got the idea that the actual waifu porn boards aren't for talking. Go FUCK yourself Cancer. Shit didn't used to be that way
>>
File: IBO Spammer.jpg (1MB, 1177x2326px) Image search: [Google]
IBO Spammer.jpg
1MB, 1177x2326px
>>15346106
>Should /m/ start using poster IDs in order to combat derailment?
No shadow of doubt, see that

>>15339490
>Mr. Autist
>>15339521
>Mr. Autist
>>15339533
>Mr. Autist
>>15342116
>Mr.Autist
>>15339941
>Mr Autist
>>15345090
>Autist-san
>>15345694
>Mr.Autist
>>15345803
>autist kun
>>15346243
>autist-kun
>>15346265
>autistic anon
>>15346614
>Autist-Kun
>>15346774
>autist anon
>>15346969
>Autist anon
>>15346969
>Autist anon
>>
>>15346116
I propose you go to r/Gundam or the MAHQ forums if you want that shit
>>
>>15347154
>stealthy baby-killing
>outing yourself as a /pol/cuck in the age of President Retard
I own more guns than you, I bet. Stop making me look bad you asshole
>>
>>15347495
this is a problem with all the interest boards on 4chan where the userbase has no real knowledge of the board topic or any interest to know more and would rather bask in their shit. I could forgive that if people weren't boring as sin and produced some original content, but that is not the case

/tv/ is legitimately the best interest board btw
>>
>>15347495
>A lot of you come to this board with no real dedication to the genre. You're divided into groups of people who just want to stay in their safe zones. Whether it's the people who just watch Gundam or the people who just watch Kamen Rider, or what ever else.
>All of you need to actually start expanding your collections and checking out more content relevant to the board's topic and genre of discussion.
You are absolutely right. Especially about Rec threads improving post quality. /a/ and the absolute Pleb shits they've become due to not being allowed to say "hey check out this cool show" and their RIDICULOUSLY angry reactions to any implications of how hypocritical the spoon-feeding rule is Proof enough in itself.
>>
File: GIANT FAGGOT title screen.png (458KB, 989x595px) Image search: [Google]
GIANT FAGGOT title screen.png
458KB, 989x595px
>>15347495
seriously y'all need to chill out and watch more shows with mechanical crap in them
and post more images that aren't reaction images

I'm neither here nor there on IDs. /wooo/ seems to manage decently with them. Nobody really bothers paying attention to them unless the poster is chronically and amazingly making an ass of themselves, otherwise even noticing a ID is largely met with derision.
On the other hand while it may deter the lazy a dedicated shitposter requires measures like the time they banned half of Malaysia to stop Codename: V.
>>
>>15347506
As if there's a single bit of difference between 420chan and here. When you post on 420chan you get a random ass silly name for the whole thread. It's literally no different from Thread id's aside from appearances
>>
>>15347530
>Nobody really bothers paying attention to them unless the poster is chronically and amazingly making an ass of themselves

That's kinda why I'm against them. They don't solve anything and just give people a false feeling that the problem has been fixed instead of the mods actually doing their fucking job and cracking down on shitposting for once.
>>
>>15347487
>but it will be less fun if there is effort involved.
More fun for us!
Heck, even make them have to walk to a /m/ PokeStop, a MechaStop, to get a new ID.

One of the problems is that newfags don't see themselves as shitposters. I bet some of the "ttgl is the best robot cartoon ever" thread creators are just that new, and that isn't something that can be filtered. There are plenty of "low-quality opinions" that could easily be classified as shitposting here. The only way to remove this is by creating a barrier to entrance, like a fee or login service, but that's a shitty idea anyway.
>>
>>15347526
>/tv/ is legitimately the best interest board btw
I almost agreed with you there, but you shot yourself in both feet with this one. /tv/ is even worse than here in terms of shitposting.
>>
>>15347569
the key is that the shitposting is funny
>>
>>15347573
Right, because Baneposting and "ironic" pedophilia just gets funnier after the 2000th time.
>>
File: mazinger lucha mask.jpg (248KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mazinger lucha mask.jpg
248KB, 1200x1600px
>>15347537
I'm not sure about the rest of the board but iirc on /wooo/ it flips names periodically, and the algorithm that picks it will have more than one at the same time.
So just because Big Daddy V had stupid and wrong opinions about what should be booked for this year's Anniversario on Monday morning doesn't mean it's the same Big Daddy V come Friday.

>>15347541
Yeah ultimately it's still up to the individual posters to not respond. Like I said I'm not particularly convinced either way about if they'd help a whole lot in the long run.

From a practical standpoint it would affect me some. I'll post anon for jokes I don't think are as good but want to get out anyway or are too dank with memery, stuff that I want to be recieved independent of any identity like when we pitch goofy collaborative ideas or if the subject matter drifts into super creepy lewd shit.
>>
>>15347589
anonymous i put you on 5 calorie diet

lose 50 lbs in 30 seconds

anon you have gained 200 lbs since the start of this post, you are not following your diet
>>
>>15347605
Why isn't anybody doing anything to end racist and xenophobic shitposters?
>>
>>15347495
>If you want to improve things, genuinely wish for a better board, then it's going to take a lot more than just the Poster IDs.
>A lot of you come to this board with no real dedication to the genre. You're divided into groups of people who just want to stay in their safe zones. Whether it's the people who just watch Gundam or the people who just watch Kamen Rider, or what ever else.

Don't even start with that hogwash. People can stay within their niches and they talk about what they like, that has no effect on the quality of the board. The real, tangible problem is shitpost spam. IDs are a practical step towards reducing that without increasing manual moderation. This has nothing to do with your personal genre idealism.
>>
>>15347526
Honestly I agree, to an extent. /tv/ is the best, but also the worst.
The two extremes are too extreme, but the "elitist threads" are really quite good. Problem is there like three of them a week.
>>
>>15347569
>>15347599
You say they won't help, but IDs already have a good track record with cleaning up boards. Believe it or not, they deter a large portion of shitposting and generally force the thread into maintaining discussion. IDs are only thread based and essentially unobtrusive. Some trips/names might lose some flexibility within a thread, but frankly trips/names were never supposed to be some permanent cross-thread moniker anyway.
>>
>>15347693
Jack off. If you don't like a thread, hide it.
>>
>>15347710
Why don't you go to a place where post ids are a thing then? No one wants you here.
>>
How about meta posters go suckstart a shotgun.
>>
>>15347495
Honestly, while I'm all for folks expanding their horizons, this is not the problem and it never has been.

The problem is that we've got people that, for whatever reason, are unable to just leave people alone. Perhaps some small part of it is that they don't understand why some topics they don't like are board relevant, but most of it is just that they're assholes.
>>
>>15347509
>ironic antifun buzzwords
>must be from /pol/
m8 there's a thing called /k/ and it ain't no /pol/
>>
>>15347727
Sorry old man, this anon is right on the money.
>>
File: Ghost in the Shell HEP 01_00.jpg (1MB, 1024x1571px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost in the Shell HEP 01_00.jpg
1MB, 1024x1571px
>>15347495
Browsing /m/ has actually made me expand my horizons beyond just Gundam. Been super into Dominion, Appleseed, and Ghost in the Shell recently, I've watched Macross, Orguss, Souther Cross, Votoms, GaoGaiGar, Betterman, Bubblegum Crisis, Full Metal Panic!!, Burn Up! Ideon, Yukikaze, Mazinger Z, Zambot 3, Patlabor, Gunbuster, and so much more from threads I've seen here.
>>
So many people in here are acting like toddlers scared their favorite toy is about to be taken away.

If you don't want your toy taken away, maybe stop doing the behavior that will get your toy taken away?

No one is making you make five "Zeta sucks" threads a day. Nobody is making you samefag a thread to force a meme. Just moderate yourself, and there won't be a need to people to ask for moderation. Just make one zeta sucks thread a day or just post in the existing one. Just post once a day in the leji thread. Only call a person spic once in a getter robo thread. Just tone things down a little.

You've been getting so carried away people are noticing. That is a sign your trolling isn't as good as you think it is. You aren't being subtle. You aren't even trying to be subtle. Just dial it back a little. Then people won't be screaming for mods. This isn't just your board, you need to share. If people are noticing your voice is drowning out theirs, cut back until you are invisible again. Screaming
>Shut up peons! You deserve my shitposting!
Isn't making your point. It's making theirs.
>>
>>15347753
The people complaining are a bunch of whiny crybabies. If they don't like it here, they're free to fuck off. This isn't their board and they shouldn't impose thei shitty ideas on the rest of us.
>>
>>15347710

/m/ is just too fucking slow to require IDs and most of our shitposts are OPs stating popular /m/ shows suck just so they can get replies.

It won't help with shit.
>>
>>15347727
Agreed. Right now the problem isn't some kid by his lonesome sitting on the beach making a sand castle refusing to play with the other kids. It's people running around kicking down all the sandcastles for shits and giggles.

Now this is 4chan, there is always to going to be people kicking down the sandcastles. The problem is right now we are getting to the point there is more people kicking down sandcastles, than making them. They've ran out of sandcastles, so they are running around kicking every single piece of sand, and there are queues with massive lines around the few people left making sand castles.

The problem isn't that people aren't making varied enough sand castles.
>>
>>15347753
I wouldn't be half as mad if you retards would just leave this shite on /qa/ where it can get ignored but you had to go and make a non /m/ thread on /m/ because you got called a faggot.
>>
>>15346855
This whole site is fucking dead because of this shit, but we just can't leave.
>>
>>15347773
And this is why IDs on /m/ is a terrible idea.

Some of our threads can be around for a week. Do we need a week of people bitching at someone for saying one stupid thing when they're trying to move on?

IDs work on /pol/ because it's such a fast board. They help clean up discussion and due to threads being archived in one to two hours it means discussion stays clean and concise.

/m/'s problem is a lack of moderation to delete shitty bait threads and posts that would still exist with IDs because they still exist on the boards with IDs.
>>
>>15346363
You're a faggot who holds no true love in his heart for giant robots
It's great if someone wants to crack a joke, but do you seriously enjoy the lazy baiting that surrounds shows like Zeta or Leijis works?
>>
Kek at this thread. If you think I'm gonna stop calling Lazy Matsumoto a hack because of some ids, you're greatly mistaken.

It's so funny seeing you guys losing your shit over some douche over at Japan. Do what you want, nothing's going to prevent me from posting my opinion.
>>
>>15347793
i like lazyposter but not zetarager or spicposting
>>
>>15347799
If you like any of this you are cancer and should be banned. It's not funny. There is no irony, no wit, no wordplay, the subject matter itself isn't amusing, it's just cancer.
>>
Haha, some fag ragequit from this thread and created another thread to bitch in, and proceeded to:
>call everyone newfags
>tell everyone to gtfo muh board
Hilarious shit.
>>
>>15347495
This to be brutally honest.
>>
>>15347855
It's also not the issue. This is.
>>15347773
>>
>>15347864
That too, I just think we need more people who genuinely enjoy the silly cartoon and live action robots andless hit postery.
>>
>>15347765
>>15347753
Sup shitposter.
>>
>>15347867
That would require mods to actually rangeban shitposters. And whatever proxies they turn to to get around the rangebans.
>>
>>15347873
Yeah. Honestly, a week of half-decent moderation would sort /m/ out. But the janitor doesn't do anything.
>>
18 for no huh. Guess we have more shitposters than I thought.
>>
>>15347877
This board needs to be deleted for like two years and then brought back with heavy moderation. The shitposters will jopefully get bored by then. But if I see another "why was this show so bad?" On that re-opening day, I will fucking find that little shit, kill him, and post the pictures here. And then I go to work on the rest. The same for /o/ and its shitposters.
>>
>>15347889
What can anyone possibly shitpost about cars?
>>
>>15347887
You understand they can get around strawpoll's system right?
>>
Just stop being retarded and jumping at bait every time it's dangled in front of you. That's the easiest way to clean the board up.
>>
>>15347893
Trolls find a way.
>>
>>15347894
If they could then they would have at least matched the votes for yes.
>>
>>15347887
Shitposters probably don't give a shit cuz they can just get around the IP thing, it's samefaggers who give a shit cuz they don't have the know-how or commitment to figure it out.
>>
>>15347893
Somehow, they have found a way. Two extremely dedicated autists have destroyed the board. You can't talk about almost any car with it not devolving to gtr vs z06, civic type r vs anything, manual vs automatic, ford gt, etc shitposting by the same two fucking autists. Gtr vs z06 is the most posted picture on /o/ by far I just a few short years. And that's just one file hash on archive sites. And they have never been banned, even for flooding the board with furry porn several dozen times. The mods know about it but refuse to rangeban them.
>>
>>15347898
Haha, not him, but it's easy as shit. Like I've said, they're not the ones who give a shit.
>>
>>15347889
/m/ is already as good as dead now that the mods and shitposters (possibly one and the same) banned/drove away all the translator trips who actually contributed to the community like KNG, TE, Magenta and Chen Gong.
>>
File: 20170323_013601.png (1014KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_013601.png
1014KB, 2048x1536px
These are the most posted images on /o/ since 4plebs started. I have circled images the shitposters use in red, or if they're the only one in the image, it's obviois.
>>
File: 20170323_013624.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_013624.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>15347916
>>15347904
>>15347893
Every hour of every day, 555 come one now would be posted with ">4 cylinder engines". This was not stopped for over a year.
>>
File: 20170323_013644.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_013644.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>15347920
Oh look, anoth4r copy of gtr vs corvette, something literally no one gives a fuck about but he still spams threads with to "trigger gm fangirls". All further replies are just "assmad gm fangirl detected"
>>
File: 20170323_013700.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_013700.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>15347923
>>
This guy's gone total PePe Silvia on us.
>>
>>15347931
He is obsessed with the new Ford gtr, so he can post "v6 > v8". Everybody who knows anything about cars can tell you easily why a detuned LITERALLY RACECAR v6 engine boosted to high hell with twin turbos makes more power than an N/A v8 that has plenty more power on tap even before adding forced induction, but it's just "assmad gm fangirl detected" again and again.
>>
File: 20170323_013742.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_013742.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>15347936
*Ford GT
New mustang vs old camaro, no surprise the new mustang wins that lap contest. "KEK GM FANGIRLS ON SUICIDE WATCH. FORD > GM. FORD > YOU. STAY BTFO"
>>
File: 20170323_013717.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_013717.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>15347936
Forgot pic. You can see more of his autism about the 7th gen corvette here too.
Why do I tell you all this? Because I needed to vent a bit and you were willing to listen. The mods won't, so you can at least maybe commiserate with me.
>>
File: 555 come on now.jpg (45KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
555 come on now.jpg
45KB, 598x369px
>>15347920
>>15347931
For real? I remember saving this 555-come-on-now image cause i thought it was funny, I didn't think it was a well-known shitpost on another board.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170323-014428.png (835KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170323-014428.png
835KB, 2048x1536px
>>15347944
He has taken away my happy place. And shitposters have taken away /m/ from me too. From all of us. Normal car forums are shit. Anywhere but here to discuss mecha is shit. And now there is no alternative.
>>
>>15347953
Sorry anon. didn't expect a meltdown from my question. But /m/ really has gone down in quality. I had to go to /a/ for discussions about mech anime threads that just die in /m/.
>>
I've been posting in Getter threads even after the "spic" showed up. In fact, had it not been for him, Getter wouldn't be as popular as it was today.

His raging against Getter really helped. I don't really mind him to be honest. He provides banter, we call him a faggot, he goes away, and comes back the next day, and the cycle repeats.

Why can't other people just do the same? Stop taking everything so seriously and just let it be. You fags act like it's the end of the world every time someone says anything negative about something or someone. Threads like these are a massive incentive to shitposting.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170323-014409.png (752KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170323-014409.png
752KB, 2048x1536px
>>15347952
Yeah, I have the char variant on my computer, it's funny, but it was ridiculous on /o/. A dozen variants of it were used, so that's not the true post count of it. Looking through the image repost galleru, I can see bits of old /o/ and it makes me sad to see them gone, never to return. The silver Lexus crossover here? Parody of modern car design threads. Always funny. Fuckhuge grills, high roof height, somehow no ground clearance, ANGRY FATE, gunslit windows, all good for a laugh. That "know your car" pic here is parody with a bunch of ridiculous names for components.
>>15347956
This is the place to address this. There's nobody left on /o/ to talk to, pretty much.
>>
>>15347961
Because we still had really good Getter discussion before the spic-trolling came along and some threads it totally drowns out discussion. It's disruptive and abrasive and unnecessary.

That's why.
>>
>>15347987
>Because we still had really good Getter discussion
No, we had hug boxes. Arc was just freshly translated and everyone jumped on the train.

No one was allowed to say anything bad about Getter. Even as a big fan, I didn't like it and knew that someone was going to take advantage of this, and he did.

It's much better now. I don't have to worry about the spic because I know he'll post anyway. When you make them more important than they are (like this thread for example), you give them more incentive to continue the shitposting.
>>
>>15347961
>Getter wouldn't be as popular... (without trolls)
Bullshit. Nobody on /m/ is gonna buy this crap story.
>>
>>15348021
They're going to keep continuing anyway, why not try and address it?
>>
>>15348021
Nonsense. You keep saying this but all you do is screw up a thread into constant spic posting.
>>
>>15348021
>It's much better now. I don't have to worry about the spic because I know he'll post anyway.
You know this is not the right mentality right?
>>
>>15348021
>No one was allowed to say anything bad about Getter.

Yeah what a bunch of faggots making a thread to discuss something they like not wanting to put up with someone rushing in to say it's shit.
>>
File: respect the robot turkish zaku.png (285KB, 800x391px) Image search: [Google]
respect the robot turkish zaku.png
285KB, 800x391px
>>15346363

It tantamount to disrespecting the robot.
No one disrespects the robot in our watch.
>>
>>15347962
>gold face at 98

Never expected /v/ would've started shitting up /o/ too.
>>
If you can't handle free discussion, go back to ribbit.
>>
>>15348221
The irony is that you can't handle the free discussion in this thread.
>>
>>15347711
And what happens when you go around all threads shitposting? Hide every single thread because you are brain damaged?
>>
>>15348250
It's also ironic the guy defending samefagging is saying
>We out number you so you should leave /m/

Does he even realize what he's saying.
>>
>>
File: test.jpg (63KB, 809x517px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
63KB, 809x517px
>>15346106
this is just a test right? i guess we should try it

i mean we can just perma ban snapshit-kun and be done with it. i mean it's obvious he's the rager posters
>>
How do we go about establishing IDs?

Do we contact the gookmoot on /qa/ or something?
>>
>>15348987
Mods via irc.
Request a stickie for discussion.
>>
File: 1438511627087.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438511627087.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
What I don't get is why people have to constantly force one another why they don't like /thing/ all the time to the point that liking/disliking /thing/ becomes a meme of it's own.

Seed/Seed Destiny aren't liked here because /m/ as a whole agreed that Destiny was plain garbage and was so bad it retroactively ruined Seed for people. You just can't get the same effect with something like Zeta Gundam or Gunbuster or Getter Robo when /m/ has loved them for over a decade. Trying to do the same with recently aired shows like Concrete Revolutio or Kuromukuro won't work all the time since shows like those had small viewerbases on /m/ that were self contained in their own threads that stayed up for weeks, while something like IBO easily goes through 10 threads a week because it gets so much discussion.

What happened to just taking things from shows and making them into memes instead of trying to make shows/creators into memes? The closest I can think of is Danposting from Ex-Aid.
>>
>>15349030
>Seed/Seed Destiny aren't liked here because /m/ as a whole agreed that Destiny was plain garbage "while it was airing" and was so bad it retroactively ruined Seed for people.

Fuck, forgot a part of my point
>>
>>15349030
>>>/m/sgg/
>>
File: CHECK__EM_GOLDOO.png (1001KB, 907x803px) Image search: [Google]
CHECK__EM_GOLDOO.png
1001KB, 907x803px
>>15349052
Cmon anon, let's just hold hands and talk this out instead of fighting
>>
I show you how to deal with shitposters. Watch and learn.

>>15348994
>>
>>15349065
>toku

Clever, shitposter. Very clever.
>>
File: 1473556317367.jpg (137KB, 794x685px) Image search: [Google]
1473556317367.jpg
137KB, 794x685px
Just ignore them, goddamn.
>>
>>15349318
There are now 9 threads with some variation of the hallmark "low effort OP" created in the last half hour.
That's 9 dead threads.

I suspect we'll see more here in the next few minutes.
>>
>>15349806
10 low energy threads now.
>>
>>15349821
11, now.
>>
>>15349831
Christ. I can't report this spam fast enough.
>>
>>15349831
>>
>>15349837
As if that will do anything.
>>
Dude, these shit-threads are pretty much same old, same old here. Plus, that has nothing to do with IDs and everything to do with a janitor that doesn't do his job.
>>
>>15349859
I know, I've said IDs would do nothing. But this isn't acceptable.
>>
>>>/qa/1174949
>>
This is lovely a dozen shit posting threads, any of you idiots still claim this is perfectly normal?
>>
>>15346116
I propose randomly generated robot names.
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=mechaname
>>
>>15349888
if you want an actual response you'll want to contact mods through IRC, no one of importance reads /qa/
>>
>>15349927
>an actual response
It's just gonna be "don't feed the trolls"
>>
>>15349896
Don't worry it's on me. I called ttgl shit on /a/ and they got mad and started spamming /m/.

See? This is why you /m/ shouldn't be a hugbox. You get all sorts of people who can't take an opinion so they start spamming the board in revenge.
>>
>>15349921
That's...not bad.
I'm bookmarking this for future shenanigans.
>>
>>@15349933
This thread?
>>>/a/154943949

Kiddo, you're full of shit, do not collect this (You). You're not that important as to incite that behavior in some /a/utists.
>>
File: ha_ha.jpg (48KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
ha_ha.jpg
48KB, 600x431px
>>15346106
This will work.
>>
>>15349945
Except I am.

I called getter robo the pinnacle of super robots and ttgl kiddy shit.

Notice how it all happened in the last 30 minutes. It's pretty obvious it was one butthurt ttgl fag.
>>
>>15349933
You're a true moron if you think continuously forcing your bullshit meme will convince people to believe IDs stop 'opinions' and not 'samefagging'.
>>
>>15349955
>Guy gets so triggered by TTGL he spams threads to "prove" his point
Mystery solved I guess
>>
>>15349955

This shit happens about once a week. Don't know why you're trying so hard to prove it's some sorta isolated incident.
>>
>>15349997
This here.
>>
>>15349983
Other way round. He got triggered by the fact that people didn't think TTGL was the best thing since anime and spammed /m/ with his shit.

I mean, it's pretty clear I'm the cause of this. I'm on /m/ quite often and the spam happened exactly when I stated my opinion in that TTGL thread.
>>
>>15350015
You're not fooling anybody, Zetarager
Or should we call you TTGLrager from now on
>>
>>15350016
It's the truth though.

But go ahead, ask the mods to implement post ids because of me aka the ttglrager.

I have nothing to lose, but seeing /m/ die a slow death sounds good to me.
>>
>>15349955
>>15350015
>>15350030
This is really fucking pathetic.
>>
>>15350030
How do you still not know how ids work. You sound stupider and stupider every time you post.
>>
File: jackd.png (1MB, 806x762px) Image search: [Google]
jackd.png
1MB, 806x762px
>>15350015
>I said a show was bad on another board
>That means someone from that board is gonna come here and make nearly 20 identical shitposting threads because I said his favorite robot show was bad
>This means we shouldn't try having post IDs

You're bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>15350037
I know how ids work. I go on /pol/ quite frequently.

I actually really hate /m/ and its users and
I've been trying to kill this board with incessant shitposting. I can't speak for the rest of the shitposters though. If the mods actually implement post id because of me, it will accelerate the death of this board.

So it's a win-win situation for me.
>>
This is about the 10th thread this guy has made this month about a 79 year old man he dislikes.

>>15350023
>>
>>15350055
Nobody gives a shit about you. Creating shit-threads is not only not affected by, but has nothing to do with thread IDs. You're just an attention-whore who validates himself with (You)s, and everyone knows it.
>>
>>15350055
Way to prove you aren't from /pol/
>>
>>15350055
>>15350031
>The TTGLrager is also an edgy /pol/fag
This is almost too good to be true
>>
>>15350055
Great, now we have poor attempts at copying this fag.
>>
Some years ago when people kept contacting mods or whoever can make things move, they actually did, and made that sticky to say toku is allowed on /m/.

I have lost all hope about this board for a while and used the fact that I wanted to get away from Tengoku spoilers to leave. I rarely come here now but I think things can change. It will be a very hard battle though. And like some others pointed out over the time, I'm also convinced that at least one of these teens wasting their lives ruining the board, probably valvrager, is also a mod or at least used to be. Could think of it as a dumb conspiracy theory but it's the only way to explain how some people get banned for no reason, or how tripfags who brought in new things and translated things like TE got banned,
>>
>>15350134
nice samefag TE
>>
>>15350134
>and made that sticky to say toku is allowed on /m/
I like how you say this like it was a plus. Toku would have been a far better fit over on /jp/ or somewhere else.

>bitching about TE
He didn't get banned for translating things (which he didn't, he just made lazy summaries and insulted everyone who disagreed with him), he rightfully got banned for being an incessant shitposter.

Had you said Chen or someone you might have had a point. "B-b-but I contribute!" doesn't override all the shitposting.
>>
>>15347962
>implying /o/ hasent always been like this
how new are you. shitposting there is a loit like on here. /m/ has vvvrager /o/ has alphonse
>>
>>15350382
>anon still tsundere for TE

Cute
>>
>>15350382
Is this what the shitposters are running with now?

What happened to "KNG proved TE's translations were wrong and drove him off the board"?
>>
>>15350418
Fuck off, TE.

>>15350425
All I heard was that TE got banned. Given what a colossal asshole he was, that seemed the logical explanation. If that happened instead that's even more hilarious.
>>
>>15350429
Oh you're just retarded, got it.
>>
>>15350429
Cute
>>
There isn't any real downside to having poster IDs, aside from shitposters wanting to shitpost more easily.

Won't happen though. /m/ is a forsaken board.
>>
>>15350449
>>15350463
Fuck off, TE.
>>
>>15350469
>>15350429
>>15350382
>People who actually contribute to the board get banned for no reason
>Shitposting chucklefucks like this guy left to run free for literally years

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
TE thought it was a mod but I'm pretty sure it was probably some autist using proxies to report all of humis posts for no reason. From what I've seen, most mods are dumb enough to just delete/ban anythig that's reported enough, especially in cases like /m/ where there probably isn't even a mod attached so it's some idiot who usually looks at /v/ or something handling the bans.

Mods who don't know shit about the board also means if you try reporting actual shitposters you get banned instead for "abusing the report function".
>>
>>15350527
There is no /m/od nor is there a specific mod for any board. /m/ has one or two janitors. That said, I doubt any of the mods care much about /m/.
When is the last time a mod has modposted here?
>>
>>15350533
IIRC the one who forced toku onto /m/
>>
>>15346106
IDs are terrible.
>>
>>15350600
I remember someone modposted in /sgg/ on one occasion last year.
Pretty bullshit that a single solitary cancerous thread gets attention and the board languishes.
>>
>>15350610
>Pretty bullshit that a single solitary cancerous thread gets attention and the board languishes.

No the mod started the thread, announced that toku is /m/ regardless of whether or not it has anything mechanical in it at all, and banned anyone who protested.

I'm still not sure to this day if that was really official or a rogue mod, but it's way too late to complain now anyway.
>>
>>15350613
>I'm still not sure to this day if that was really official or a rogue mod, but it's way too late to complain now anyway.
That was Moot, retard.
>>
>>15350613
I'm talking about /sgg/, dude. The symphogear general. And I've never seen a mod start an /sgg/ thread.
>>
Yeah, other than 4 threads being moved, the last time a mod modposted was last july and before that (other than moving threads) I'm not sure due to the gap between 2012 and 2015
>>
File: 1379318449648.jpg (210KB, 432x639px) Image search: [Google]
1379318449648.jpg
210KB, 432x639px
>>15350610
Representative from /sgg/ here, part of the reason why a mod intervened was because the guy he was dealing is a legit loon. Basic gist of it is is he's some fucker from /a/ who goes apeshit on people if they're posting images of yuri pairings that aren't the pairings he supports calling them crack ships, claims they're some user he's been stalking for about 2-3 years now, claims that anyone who replies to him are the same person (even if there are multiple posts), and claims that user he's stalking has protection from a moderator (partially because his posts get deleted, which leads to him reposting the same posts over and over.

Just take a look here for what I'm talking about. http://desuarchive.org/m/search/text/Akemi/
>>
>>15347530
/O/ has an ip range ban to get rid of alphonse. It only worked for a week. Though he gets more bans for porn in sfw boards than shitposting. Idk how well this will work for hard offenders.
>>15347573
Have you always went by your discord name here?
>>
>>15351065
PHG's been a negative little raincloud for longer than discord was a thing and I keep hoping that some day he'll quit.
>>
>>15347799
Zeta rager has been on /a/ just as long as /m/. Its pretty fucking weird.
>>15347923
Its drama caused shitposting though. Alphonse posted that shit non stop cause how much frosty and prez/o/ triggered him. Also guy must have a tiny fucking reaction folder from most of his post when he was a name fag.
>>
>>15347873
But they sure as fuck have the time to rangeban all phones for the shitposting off topic retards on /a/
No wonder the mods hide themselves so much now
>>
>>15347738
No old /k/ actually rejected /pol/ Bullshit
>>
>>15350533
>specific mod for any board
Everyone who's paid attention for like 5 minutes is fully aware that there are mods who camp out on /a/ all day long. Sure Admins and mods say that but the modcat situation pretty MUH proved it's a lie because as soon as he tried to treat another board like /a/ he was banned & fired for overreach because apparently Hiro thinks the whole site is /v/ like the newfaggot he is
>>
>>15351143
Mods can't do anything right.

>reporting disabled across an ISP range due to "abuse"

WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING A MOD IF YOUR IDEA OF DOING YOUR JOB IS DOING NOTHING AT ALL
>>
>>15351017
>claims they're some user he's been stalking for about 2-3 years now, claims that anyone who replies to him are the same person (even if there are multiple posts)
Sounds like >>15350469
>>15350429
>>15350382
>>
>>15351017
That's cute and all, but why can't the mods attend to all of /m/?
>>
File: 1463946726849.png (960KB, 1056x596px) Image search: [Google]
1463946726849.png
960KB, 1056x596px
>>15351209
I'm just saying in that case it's a shitposter that's known to be posting on at least three boards, /m/ included. Add /a/ to that desuarchive search and you'll find posts from today from crack-kun.

I agree that mods have been silent for quite too long however. I remember someone in the plamo generals went to the IRC to complain about Snapshit-kun and the image spammer they had for a while, and they gave the excuse of just ignore him and he'll go away.
>>
>>15351224
Did they tell them they've been doing it for well over a year now?
>>
Why not use IRC to contact the mods?
>>
>>15351284
It's 2017, if the mods want to talk to me they can get a discord like everyone else on the planet.
>>
File: 49396477_p0_master1200.jpg (100KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
49396477_p0_master1200.jpg
100KB, 566x800px
>>15351075
i hope some day you'll quit breathing
>>
If only /m/ weren't so slow a lot of problems would go away, low energy bait threads would just normally fall off in a couple of days.
>>
>>15346106
Fuck off
>>
>>15350392
Sup alphonse
>>
>>15351205
Fuck off, TE.
>>
>>15347495
Irony, considering how much you lurk in the /srwg/ hugbox.

>Hell, there are people in this thread right now who have no idea how many episodes are in Zambot 3.
Oh noes, people don't know off the top of their head how many episodes one garbage series is. What a fucking tragedy.

If people want to learn more about other /m/ shit, then fine. If it doesn't catch their interest then why should they NEED to? Why to I need to subject myself to a bunch of silly Asian men in spandex just so I can post about a couple of robot shows I like? That's some patronizing bullshit right there.

The problem isn't where people are posting, but what they are posting. And what everyone is posting these days, yourself included, is pure shit.
>>
Why don't you guys just do what moot recommended years ago and just ignore the shitposting?
>>
>>15352437
Because he's been at it non-stop for over a year now. Ignoring him doesn't work. >>15351917
You don't get to define what the board is about, shitposter.
>>
>>15352491
From all the years I've been here, I've never seen any kind of confrontation work. Butting heads with a shitposter just makes you covered in shit too.
>>
>>15346196
>feddies
>zeeks

Lame. Glory to the Galactic Alliance of Humankind!
>>
Or you could stop letting some faggot trying to derail a thread and bring visible sage so you can see how I'm about to sage this thread.

Go back to pleddit
>>
>>15352554
What a high quality post. Gold star.
>>
File: Do we have a Problem, anon.png (1MB, 1368x770px) Image search: [Google]
Do we have a Problem, anon.png
1MB, 1368x770px
>>15346106
This thread is proof enough that we should start using post IDs
>>
>someone slowly duping votes for "no"
I'm on to you. All of the last votes for an entire day have been no.
>>
>>15353513
Taking it from 22% to 28% doesn't really seem like it. Remember, the guy is samefagging this much because he's not technical enough or too lazy to go around IPs.
>>
>>15352491
>telling people to stop being patronizing faggots who think they know better than everyone and aren't actually solving the problem is shitposting
Fuck off back to wherever you came form, because it sure as fuck wasn't /m/.
>>
>>15346116
I propose burning this board to the ground and letting the appropriate bits merge with their respective, actually moderated boards (animu robots in /a/, tokushit and godzilla stuff in /jp/).
>>
>>15354643
I propose shoving a rocket punch up your ass
>>
>>15346440

Hate to say, but without shitposting the board is practically dead. Sometimes a discussion start only in response to a shitpost.
>>
>>15355250
Both of you guys don't know what you're talking about. Thread IDs don't follow you for life, and they don't effect shitposting, unless you reply to yourself to start a shitfest or reply as multiple people. And that's only within individual threads.
>>
>>15354643
I propose doing nothing because the board is fine.

If people don't like it here, anime forums exist.
>>
>>15355267
>comparing thread IDs to forums
Lurk more post less
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 1024x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 1024x384px
It's been around 10 hours since any activity.
>>
>>15348205
daily reminder that this guy caved in under a month, took down the statue of the robot, and replaced it with a dinosaur.
>>
>>15346106
>>15346197
kill yourself

ID's are not needed, what's needed is mods or janitors that do their fucking job.
>>
>>15355303
Two completely different issues, retard.
But yeah, I'd rather solve that problem than this one.
>>
>>15355303
Didn't actually read the post you quoted until after I'd already replied, but... that guy is the fucking worse. Fuck that guy.
>>
>naysayers in the face of proof
It's pure insanity to say that IDs won't improve the situation. They've been implemented elsewhere and have worked tremendously. This is fact. You can try to project your feelings all you want, but you're just being an illogical twat.
>>
>>15355353
>They've been implemented elsewhere
Not on /a/ and for a good reason.
>>
>>15355353
If you don't like the situation here, go back to plebbit.
>>
>>15355360

I can see why you're so against thread id, you've been samefagging through the same memes for days.
>>
>>15355357
Because /a/ didn't become the shithole the boards that needed id are
>>
File: PSX Graphics.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
PSX Graphics.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>15355658
>Because /a/ didn't become the shithole the boards that needed id are
>>
>>15355665
Care to show us the dozens of shitposting threads filled with nothing but shitposts on /a/ like we have on /m/?
>>
>>15355672
See >>15351017
>>
>>15355677
What are you trying to imply here? A guy went mental on symphogear threads, did he make dozens of shitposting threads like you? Did he flood the catalogue with shitposting? C'mon man, work your case
>>
>>15355681
If you want to see shitposting thread, here serve yourself:
http://desuarchive.org/a/search/deleted/deleted/type/op/
>>
File: stupid shit.png (698KB, 1680x927px) Image search: [Google]
stupid shit.png
698KB, 1680x927px
>>15355672

/a/ is almost exclusively made up of shitposting, this screencap was made from just a quick glance.
>>
>>15355672
IBO thread.

And it's your resident troll.

- /a/
>>
>>15351917
>Zambot 3
>garbage

haha

neck yourself neo-/m/
>>
>>15346363
>what's wrong with shitposting
4chan Global Rules you faggot
>>
>>15352437
Because the shitposters have learned to feed themselves.
>>
>>15347495
Honestly most people just watch watever anime is currently airing.

You can't even make folks watch the GOOD classics.
>>
File: char.png (59KB, 458x184px) Image search: [Google]
char.png
59KB, 458x184px
D-do Char threads count as shitposting?
>>
This thread has gone on for too long and it's pretty clear that not everyone wants post id.
>>
>>15355658
Who are you kidding? /a/ is shitpost central.
>>
>>15355383
>I can see why you're so against thread id
A terrible idea for such a slow board.
>>
>>15356204
So? You can just ignore them. It's your goddamn fault that you engage with shitposters.
>>
>>15357778
Yeah, just the vast majority wants to demo IDs.
>>
>>15357786

You only say that because you're a moron. Ask the toku half if the board is "too slow" and they'd laugh at your dumb ass. Just because anime doesn't always have big releases doesn't mean other parts don't get multiple releases per week. If they weren't forced into generals, they'd swamp the board.
>>
I don't understand how IDs are going to help when some of the worst shitposters are/were tripfags.

The problem is that mods don't fucking do anything about shitposters and even warn/ban people when they report shitposting.
>>
Can someone point out what threads in the catalog RIGHT NOW constitute as shitposting?
I'm curious as to how this definition differs across anons
>>
>>15357876
i don't visit toku so they're irrelevant
>>
>>15357938
Exactly, you are a moron that doesn't know shit about the board. Thanks for proving the point.
Now stop pushing the narrow-view as the overview.
>>
/m/ barely gets derailed.
>>
File: 16.png (967KB, 1919x803px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
967KB, 1919x803px
>>15357928
These

>>15355305
>>15358772 (not the Wing aspect, but the low effort OP.
>>15340210 (low effort)
>>15353585
>>15357388
>>15309661
>>15344608
>>15355232
>>15350647

It could be worse, it could be pic rel
>>
>>15346363
Topics like Leiji Matsumoto, Go Nagai, Getter Robo, Zeta Gundam, and soon 0080 have become impossible to talk about legitimately.
These topic repeatedly have threads designed to bait people into responding with shit posts.
I'm saying we need to squash any negative comments about a topic, but things like "Lazy Matsumoto" or "spic" are buzz words that have ended real discussion.
>>
>>15358930
>0080
is this in regards to that one shitposter who claims Chris is the worst Gundam pilot but really just despises women in general?
>>
>>15346106
No
>>
>>15360563
Yes, shitposter.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.