[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

finding OTAKU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

File: KIMG0105.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0105.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Im a Japanese looking for place maniacs gathering and talking on the net. especially Military otaku. we have the place like here called "2channel," so am I at right place now? anyway, my friend found the official blueprint of Japanese battle aircraft "Shidenkai(N1K2-Ja, or George), and re-bookbind and publish it at Comic Market in Japan this time. now we want to know military maniacs in the US are interested in it? also, I heard that many of Japanese manga and animation maniacs are hiding in somewhere in the US and EU, is it true? we think maniacs, geeks, otakus, these kinds should get more close, and exchange those extremely deep culture. anyone agree with us?
>>
>>14622486
Cute.
I'm sure some people here will be interested.
Maybe the Weapon board will be too. >>>/k/

Now tell me, what is your opinion of Tomino speak?
>>
>>14622486
/k/ formally is the military otaku board, but in practice it's the WASPs fantasizing about young black bucks they'd like to hunt-board. This one here's all about scifi mechanics.

>now we want to know military maniacs in the US are interested in it?
You'd probably find people with the interest and the means on /operatorchan/. They have a board dedicated to real-life military vehicles. Me myself, I mainly care about autcannons. Good schematics about Japanese WW2 Autocannons are about as hard to come by as material on Soviet ones.

>also, I heard that many of Japanese manga and animation maniacs are hiding in somewhere in the US and EU, is it true?

Gotta get the app and catch them all. But no, they aren't hiding. The net has plenty of places where otaku of various age groups gather. The main issues between the groups, as far as I can tell, is the language barrier. Very little seems to get translated to Japanese these days while a lot of stuff gets translated to English and other non-asian languages.
>>
thanks for telling me the K board. I would like to check it later. then, Tomino is Gundam's Tomino? Im not familiar with his thing, so now I checked youtube with word "tomino speak," and I could not find any. what is it exactly? his speech or something? so I can check and answer, I guess.
>>
>>14622516
thanks for telling me the K board. I would like to check it later. then, Tomino is Gundam's Tomino? Im not familiar with his thing, so now I checked youtube with word "tomino speak," and I could not find any. what is it exactly? his speech or something? so I can check and answer, I guess.
>>
>>14622486
>Im a Japanese

Prove it.
>>
>>14622614
There's a debate about dialogues and speech in Tomino's anime.
Western fan find them weird and are not sure if it's because of the translation or if it's weird in japanese too.
If you're not familliar with its anime, don't worry about it.

>>14622616
No need to repost if you forgot to quote.
>>
File: Navy_Type_99-1_&_99-2.jpg (36KB, 1125x293px) Image search: [Google]
Navy_Type_99-1_&_99-2.jpg
36KB, 1125x293px
>>14622534
thanks for the advices. I didnt find aircraft or military board, so came into Mecha board. I speak English just OK level, and reading is horrible, so its hard to find what I really want. anyway, I wold like to check operatorchan also.

>Autocannon
The end of WW2, Japanese Navy produced new battle aircraft Shidenkai, and it had Four wing-mounted 20 mm Type 99 Model 2 cannon(below on pic), which was originally licensed as OerlikonFFL in Switzerland. now we are famous with machine and such technologies, but in the time of WW2, we didnt have any of those. do you know what the lowest soldier armed with? it was not a machine gun, hand gun, not even katana sword, it was spire made from bamboo tree. Japanese are smart, righ?
>>
its 3 O'clock now, so I will reply tomorrow. sorry and good night guys...
>>
This board is for giant piloted robots in mecha anime. >>>/k/ is for weapon and military otaku. Since it's mostly Americans here, we can buy and own weapons, which is most of the discussion there. Avoid the /arg/ and /akg/ threads. Expect some jokes about WWII at your expense. I think 4chan is bigger than 2channel so expect more people.

/m/ and /k/ have a strange relationship. We have many things in common but /k/ doesn't like mecha for being unrealistic so we fight a lot. Anyway, goodbye and good luck.
>>
>>14622729
I think at least one ground attack aircraft mounted an autocannon that used rocket ammunition. It was no good for anything as the ammo count was too low and the terminal velocity shit, but I just like such technological dead-ends. There's naturally no way of getting around the Oerlikons, but I think a lot fo the +20mm ones were - mostly - native designs.
>>
>>14622766
Question for when you come back:

Is using names rather than posting as "Anonymous" common on 2ch?
>>
>/m/-military

well that's new.
Anyway, welcome Japanese new friend.
>>
>>14624948
I wouldn't say that new, I saw someone who thought some military series belonged on /m/ because it had and I quote "world war I and II military commanders and generals"
>>
>>14622486
この板はロボアニメと特撮専門で武器とか軍事関連は基本的/k/のほうで扱ってます。まあロボアニメ好きにはミリオタが多いけど。

今から飛行機に乗る寸前という悪いタイミングだけど、向こうに着いたらまたこのスレを覗きますので何か聴きたいならどうぞ
>>
>>14622616
>tomino speak
富野節
>>
>>14625057
あー、一応補足説明を

この板は基本的にSFメカならなんでもありで、/k/のほうはリアル兵器オンリー(とくにロボは非現実的だとかと嫌われる)

まあこっちもたまにガルパンやリアル戦車・戦闘機のスレが立つほどリアルメカも行けるけど
>>
File: KIMG0112.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0112.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>14622628
proof 1) my horrible English
proof 2) color of my skin on the pic
proof 3) language on cigarette package, if you were smart enough to read and figure what it is :p
>>
>>14625160
Well played.

We recently had a couple people pretend to be Japanese in the recent Godzilla and Demonbane threads, so I was rather suspicious. Stick around here more often JP anon.
>>
>>14622486
Your english is adorable OP.
>>
>>14622635
>Tomino speak
I didnt watch Gundam when childhood, so now I checked Tomino speak. huh, actually its weird, but understandable. the way his character talk is so classic, and ah, I will say "too insistent," "too thick," or "too garrulous." but it is so matching to the character, so we love it. from my side, its same as this..."give me a coke, amigo">"well, if you say you really are my soul mate, so now you can help to kill my thirstiness with fire red colored can. need any reason for that?" oh, too much! like that, right?
>>
OP-san, what do you know of Go Nagai?
>>
>>14625165
>people pretend to be Japanese in the recent Godzilla
Didn't TE BTFO the one namefaggot doing that?
>>
>>14622486
Hey OP, have you seen Gothicmade? It's been something of a myth to us Gaijins here since Nagano will never ever let it outside of Japanese theaters.
>>
>>14622786
thanks for cheering me up! hmm, we Japanese didnt have any sense of humor 70 years before, so we dont have joke with it. so I will tell you the real story of my gran-pa.

in WW2, the Government called young healthy men from every place in Japan, by sending red colored letter called AKAGAMI. so young wild boys were sooo waiting for the lette, so they can fight and die for the country. my gran-pa also was waiting it everyday with grabbing bamboo spire. one day, his friend talked him that he didnt want to go to the war. gran-pa got angry and said "shame on you friend! we fight and die with honor, for the Emperor! there is no other way!" next day, the friend got injured on his foot during work, so he lost the way to join the war. he said he wanted to come along with my gran-pa, and show his crying. but gran-pa knew that he cut his foot by himself with huge grass sickle, so he didnt have to go. gran-pa said to me, "I was so upset on him, but I think he did right. I didnt get the red letter so I didnt go, and he got the red letter but didnt go because of his foot, so now both of us are alive." war kills people. gran-pa said.

when I heard this story from gran-pa, I barely keep this words. "hey gran-pa, why didnt you grab the huge Grass Sickle instead of Bamboo shit?"
>>
This thread is fun. Love you OP.
>>
>>14625266
>when I heard this story from gran-pa, I barely keep this words. "hey gran-pa, why didnt you grab the huge Grass Sickle instead of Bamboo shit?"

Heh

What's your favourite robot? What's your favorite tank?
Mine's the KV-2 and the Gundam MkII.
>>
>>14622978
in WW2, we didnt have enough iron to produce big cannons, so the ground attack aircraft only had 2 7.7mm auto cannon. and the end of the war, Japanese Navy made Shidenkai instead of Zero, and only it had four-20mm cannons. at that time, government knew we were losing, so they didnt save iron for the future battle. you know, we made 415 of Shidenkai, and US Navy made 20,000 of Grumman F6F Hellcats.
>>
>>14623007
yes, most of posting is by Nanashisan, such as Anonymous. Na-nashi-san, "Na" is name, "nashi" is no, "san" is Mr.. Mr. no name.
>>
Japan should become the 51st, 52nd, 53rd, 54th and 55th states of the USA.
>>
>>14624948
thanks, I will check it too.
and Arigato- me amigo! love me tender, please.
>>
>>14625064
thanks for telling me that. you helped me, so I made answer to>>14622516.
>>
>>14625087
いやー、初めての4chで脳みそが沸騰してますわ。基本的に飛行機に関するオタクと出会いたかったんで、kに移動したいんだけど、質問が多くて移動できてないス。ガルパンもアメリカで有名なんですねー。なんかうれしい。仕事でアメリカですかね?気を付けて行ってらっさいませ!助言ありがとうございます!
>>
>>14625165
haha, I liked your post "prove it." we have exactly same posts "so-su wa?" which means "give me the source."
>>
>>14625172
>adorable
thanks! ...in good way? now I dont speak English at all in my life in Japan, so now my brain is so boiled.
>>
>>14625214
one of the greatest Manga creator righ? I loved to watch Devil-man, Majinga-Z on TV when I was a child. his Manga had erotic scenes for kids, like Devil-man grabs and tires Bird-monster's cloth, then big tits show up. hmm, sweet memory of my childhood.
>>
>>14625232
my answer is no, but now I checked it. as you said, the movie has not became DVD or any media. still now 2016. Movie should be shown at theaters, that is Nagai's thinking. I feel bad for you, but dont worry, they will produce it's DVD when they suffer with money. wait sometime.
>>
>>14625272
thanks! I would like to answer for each questions, but I have to translate Japanese to English, and it kills my brain. also, I worry that my articles are understandable or not. I dont want you all to misunderstand Japan with my shitty English. to tell the truth, I understand only 50-80% of postings. forgive me all :)
>>
It's good to see we can still be polite to newcomers, but local 4chan anons probably shouldn't assume every Japanese person loves robots. Some of these questions are pretty specific.
>>
>>14624948
>/m/ - military

Well, he did specify going after the mecha board which, all things considered, makes sense on his end.
Like, if you went to Futaba, the equivalent board is called "robo" since mecha as thez know it is just a nickname for everything mechanical like military equipment and the like.
>>
>>14625197
haha what
>>
File: tmp_15532-aichi_b7a-42064250961.jpg (27KB, 452x245px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15532-aichi_b7a-42064250961.jpg
27KB, 452x245px
OP, in your opinion, which plane best exemplifies the aesthetic of World War II?

For me, it would have to be some sort of dive bomber. Or, to narrow it further, either the Stuka or B7A2. I think that a silhouette with inverted gull wings and a torpedo underneath is beautiful, because it instantly dates the plane to WW2 and almost tells a story about the plane and pilot.
>>
>>14625278
Gundam started when I was 2, and re-air many many many many times, so I could get chances to watch it, but my generation had many of other great anime, so I finally didnt watch it. Gundam is too serious for small kids. I was watching...
Devil-man,
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%83%87%E3%83%93%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4nbuH78XOAhXCl5QKHdlGBFoQ_AUICCgB&biw=1525&bih=736&dpr=0.9

Time-bokan series,
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A0%E3%83%9C%E3%82%AB%E3%83%B3&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiagOD94MXOAhXKkJQKHTlvDm4Q_AUICCgB&biw=1525&bih=736&dpr=0.9

Minashigo-hacchi,
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%83%87%E3%83%93%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4nbuH78XOAhXCl5QKHdlGBFoQ_AUICCgB&biw=1525&bih=736&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=%E3%81%BF%E3%81%AA%E3%81%97%E3%81%94%E3%81%AF%E3%81%A3%E3%81%A1

Hokuto no ken,
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%83%87%E3%83%93%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4nbuH78XOAhXCl5QKHdlGBFoQ_AUICCgB&biw=1525&bih=736&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=%E5%8C%97%E6%96%97%E3%81%AE%E6%8B%B3

and Dragon Ball started when I was 8, Saint Seiya was 10, and so on. Sailor Moon was11, but it was girly anime, so I didnt watch. ah, Kazeno tanino Nausicaa the movie was 10 also, and I was so into it.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%83%87%E3%83%93%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4nbuH78XOAhXCl5QKHdlGBFoQ_AUICCgB&biw=1525&bih=736&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=%E9%A2%A8%E3%81%AE%E8%B0%B7%E3%81%AE%E3%83%8A%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B7%E3%82%AB

my favorite robot, so I will say Tetsujin 28gou!
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%83%87%E3%83%93%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4nbuH78XOAhXCl5QKHdlGBFoQ_AUICCgB&biw=1525&bih=736&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=%E9%89%84%E4%BA%BA28%E5%8F%B7
>>
>>14625286
I wish so sometime, when I saw stupid governor on TV. I think you guys should have taken over Japan at WW2. so now we can smoke weed legally:)
>>
>>14625510
>my favorite robot, so I will say Tetsujin 28gou!
GU LI CO

GU LI CO

GU
LI
COOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJK6xlG5Y8U
>>
>>14625416
never mind. I just tried and failed.
>>
>>14625416
I think he means shits too fancy, like Shakespearean in speech almost
>>
>>14625528
You better be buying Glico candies, son.
>>
>>14625444
from Japan side, Zero symbolize the WW2, cuz Navy produced over 10,000 of it. we have many of WW2 movie, and each of them show Zero for symbol of power. but as the aesthetic of WW2, I would like to say dive bomber Kamikaze, of course. Kamikaze is not the name of plane. it was a wish of soldier and civilian. Kami means something huge existence like God, Kaze means wind or breath. so it was exactly a wish "please God, give us a miracle, give your power to us." so each Kamikaze soldier believe them to be a miracle wind, and they died. ...anyway, Im fan of Shidenkai, so B7A2 Ryusei is just OK to me. Shidenkai has a lot of stories, so I love it.
>>
>>14625368
This IS the robot board
>>
So how famous is Nakano Broadway among Japanese? What do people think of it? What do non-otaku think of it? I went there as a tourist, and it was amazing. Although as a very casual gun owner in America, I do not understand the fascination with airsoft guns.
>>
>>14625592
Pretty simple to understand speaking as a gun owner myself; can't own the real thing, so you want something close.
>>
>>14625596
I thought it was possible to at least own a sporting rifle, just extremely difficult to get a license.
>>
>>14625607
If you're rich or a farmer out in the middle of nowhere. For most people it's effectively impossible due to the hoops and you're limited to a double barreled shotgun or single shot rifle.
>>
>>14625596
Yeah, I guess if you were super passionate about guns, it would make sense to buy something that is close to them. I like plinkng, target shooting, and a bit of trap shooting, but I could easily go without it. I guess putting myself in the shoes of someone who is passionate about it brings some more sense to the hobby in my mind.
>>
>>14625607
They straight up can't get sport rifles, just hunting rifles. And even then you better know exactly how many rounds you have.
>>
>>14625592
people living in and around Tokyo knows Nakano Broadway as a weird building. if you ask about it to non-otaku people, they would say "I know that! I saw it on TV show. there are otaku shops in whole building, righ?" its like Louis Vuitton or Prada for us.
>>
File: 1470537252168.jpg (33KB, 541x328px) Image search: [Google]
1470537252168.jpg
33KB, 541x328px
>>14625160
don't smoke, OP
>>
So what's your favorite German WWII plane?
>>
File: english_summer_flake_open.jpg (233KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
english_summer_flake_open.jpg
233KB, 1000x1000px
>>14625689
Alternatively, do smoke, but switch to a pipe instead.
>>
>>14625629
What is the general opinion on American gun ownership? Do Japanese people see it as childish or do they wish gun laws were less strict?
>>
Has anyone ever called you "eleven"?
>>
File: mistake.png (140KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
mistake.png
140KB, 537x416px
>>14622486
What do you think of Miyazaki Hayao, OP?
>>
>>14625518
kek, as much as I love you guys I think self determination is important and I think the US wouldn't know how to run your country. Besides, with our next election we're going to have a chaotic four years, so you might want to rethink it.
>>
File: kushriel and the sea of dankrac.jpg (83KB, 866x818px) Image search: [Google]
kushriel and the sea of dankrac.jpg
83KB, 866x818px
>>14625518
>I think you guys should have taken over Japan at WW2. so now we can smoke weed legally:)
Good luck on that.
>>
COOL STORY ELEVEN. BUT I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF F-2
>>
>>14622486
Two questions Nippon-sensei
How do you feel about the CG in Berserk?
Does anyone young in japan know who Go Nagai is? Is there any interest in A new Devilman anime? Do people generally like or dislike Shin Mazinger?
>>
OP did you watch the new Gojira film? How do the Japanese feel about Anno giving Gojira spine lasers and the freaky tail thing?
>>
>>14627022
kek
>>
>>14625518
Is smoking weed very common in japan? I figured it was very taboo
Here is like some 50% of people smoke it but theyre often quiet about it.
>>
>>14628373
Maybe if you live in Portland or some shit. A lot less than 50% smoke pot. I'd say 10-15% have tried it at least once though.
>>
>>14628380
I live in fucking West Virginia dude. I can throw a rock randomly and hit like 5 weed smokers. Maybe you should get out more
>>
>>14628387
I get out plenty and I live in California. Even in my college there is certainly a stoner subculture but you're retarded if you think every other person smokes pot on the regular. Maybe you live in a shitty backwater with nothing to do besides blaze it but stoner culture is, for the most part, a meme. Barring actual ultra-liberal areas and college towns, of course.
>>
File: mnmtvkecyuusb-_7juqiiw.png (19KB, 514x354px) Image search: [Google]
mnmtvkecyuusb-_7juqiiw.png
19KB, 514x354px
>>14628380
>I'd say 10-15% have tried it at least once though.
That figure is hilarious low. He's a more accurate figure. It's about 44%.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/184298/four-americans-say-tried-marijuana.aspx
>>
>>14628439
>based on 500 people
I dunno, although I guess I can see it since the flower child culture was pretty prominent and that means older folk who tried it in high school would count. Still, a far cry from 50% doing any more than trying it.
>>
>>14622486
What's your favorite candy? Are you familiar with the Muv-luv series? If not, do yourself a favor and try it out, there are games if you prefer those to anime.
>>
>>14628477
Why scare him away from mecha with shit like Muv-Luv?
>>
>>14628472
Everything you say is conjecture. You do not know what percentage of them still use it or used it for a long time. Additionally, you sound like you don't use it. Therefore, you personally would have no clue about how many people do use it because they won't tell you. In other worse, your perception is horribly warped, as made apparent by your "maybe like 10% have tried it" figure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_cannabis_use_by_country

sage for off topic DUDE
>>
>>14628490
Not him, but someone who does use it is obviously going to think more people use it.
>>
>>14628501
Actually, you find out really quickly who doesn't use it. No matter how you want to spin it, someone who has contact with both those who do and don't use it is going to have a more accurate view than someone who knows nobody who uses it.
>>
to pass the time until moonbro gets back, in the real of DUDE WEED LMAO you can get a decent feel by looking at how many head shops are in your area
my area has about equal amounts of nerd holes and head shops
>>
Japanese man, tell me. Why do your country love heroes like Kirito from SAO or Kira from SEED?
>>
>>14628401
Lol @ people that think only young folks smoke weed
Most middle aged people you know smoke they just keep it on the downlow because fuck stoner culture and bratty 20somethings. Seriously, selling to old people is the best way to make money. Cops never suspect them.
>>
>>14631897
Shh don't let the str8er edge than bismuth tool know
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.