[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Rider was heartwarming, endearing, intelligent,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14

File: riderkino.jpg (32KB, 624x364px) Image search: [Google]
riderkino.jpg
32KB, 624x364px
Remember when Rider was heartwarming, endearing, intelligent, a little dark and didn't had all the colors of the fucking rainbow in each frame? Wasn't Sentai enough toy commercial for Toei? What the fuck happened?
>>
it was always a toy commercial for literal 3 year olds
go watch your edgy grain filter cgi blood early heisei/amazons, fag
>>
File: kamen-rider-kuuga.jpg (371KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kamen-rider-kuuga.jpg
371KB, 1024x768px
>>14121860
I really like the rainbow though.
>>
With the exception of the colors of the rainbow thing, (which has been here since Kuuga), I'd say Gaim was what you're looking for

Also have you seen Amazons yet?
>>
>>14121860
>he wants another kuuga
If you hat fights and practical effects that much just watch any non-toku drama.
>>
/tv/ keeps coming up with these insular, deep cut memes, and they spread like roaches anyway. Whether it's forced or they just crosspost like mad, it's ridiculous either way.
>>
File: Newspaper faggot.jpg (26KB, 253x503px) Image search: [Google]
Newspaper faggot.jpg
26KB, 253x503px
>>14121865
>DUDE I DON'T KNOW WHAT LITERALLY MEANS LMAO
>DUDE FUCK EARLY HEISEI/AMAZONS LMAO
>>
>>14121932
Is this another /tv/ copypasta? God fucking dammit
>>
>>>/tv/
>>>/out/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>
>>14121951
Noone on this sub knows what literally literally means...af........
>>
File: dthibiki-03.jpg (189KB, 1000x678px) Image search: [Google]
dthibiki-03.jpg
189KB, 1000x678px
>>14121860
You're welcome.
>>
>>14121987
Yeah, that was good. All 29 episodes of it.
>>
File: Kamen Rider Knight.jpg (149KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider Knight.jpg
149KB, 1366x768px
I like Ryuki better than Kuuga

I like them both better than Agito, though.

Kuuga would be if you could somehow combine it and Agito together. Kuuga's spoopy murder psychos plot would be kept more interesting by having the spice of secondary Riders, and Hikawa+Ozawa are way better than Ichijo. Godai and Shouichi might both be kind of boring airheads but at least Godai doesn't have a cliche amnesia thing going on. Then there's the fact that Agito was just a much more refined production all around, from costume design to action to special effects..

All three are better than Faiz, though.
>>
>>14121860
>implying sentai isn't heartwarming, endearing, intelligent, a little dark
>kino
Yeah. Fuck right off
>>
>>14121860
>What the fuck happened?

Basically Kabuto/Hibiki/Blade all failed in Toei's eyes and the only success was Den-O so latter shows were dumbed down and kiddified since that was the only formula that worked. You can put some of the blame on Inoue since he basically shit all over himself and failed to reverse the trend (and even continued the trend of failure) with Kiva.
>>
>>14121860
They figured they could sell more toys.
>>
>>14121893
But some popular guy wrote Gaim, I'll lose my cool guy internet points if I say that I like it.
>>
>>14123703
Don't worry about it anon, you don't have any cool guy internet points to lose.
>>
>>14123242
So what you're saying is that superhero shows sell better when they're actually about cool heroes and concern themselves with punching evil in style, rather than focusing on larger-than-life weirdos doing weirdo stuff? Color me intrigued. I mean, the way some of the shit in shows like Kabuto or Kiva is written, you start to think if people making it even have any human contact at all.
>>
>>14121860
They completely forgot about Metal Heroes after tweaking Ryuki and decided that they could do whatever they want with Rider, with no fear of failure from not playing it safe.
>>
>>14123211
Ryuki is probably where the Heisei era shows started hitting their stride and in that respect, Blade is pretty damn good as well
>>
>>14121987
If Amazons is successful, I'd really like to see a proper remake of Hibiki that didn't completely change the tone of the show
>>
Remember when rider belts didn't have obnoxious MEGA MABUSHIIEE voices?
>>
>>14123211
Faiz has an alt universe movie that's better than the show itself, so there's that going for it. Plus a cameo from THE Great Leader's voice.
>>
>>14123818
They just need to tone it down a little. Talky belts sometime provide for really hype moments. For example, Super Tatoba call. Or Infinity's debut - fuck you, that shit was hype. Or callbacks in Surprise Future.

Obviously when it can't shut up for a whole minute when the Rider is simply picking his nose, then we've got a problem.
>>
>>14123756
It didn't help that Toei/Shirakura were utterlly dependent on Toshiki Inoue (and Kobayashi to an extent) during this time. Almost every show had Inoue's involvement. And we see seriously diminishing returns past Ryuki and his flaws becoming more and more apparent. What you are describing is a symptom of the Inoue-ness imo.
>>
>>14123818
>>14123854
Happens when you are utterly dependent on Papa Bandai writing your checks for you.
>>
>>14123854
OOO driver is great because it's actually sing the form nameS and attacks instead of ANNOUNCING EVERY SINGLE SHIT WITH STUTTERING AND THE JINGLES ARE WAY TOO FUCKING LONG
>>
>>14123157
Hibiki's second half wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

For me, at least.
>>
>>14123878
It was a betrayal of the original vision which is why even the main lead spoke out strongly about it which was unprecedented and didn't reflect well on Toei.
>>
>>14121860
>What the fuck happened?
this
http://pastebin.com/LCRJigxy
http://pastebin.com/7bX7Kr3B
>>
>>14123898
>The people at Toei are afraid of complaints, and constantly told him about Fourze, where they received massive amounts of complaints from parents about the main character's pompadour hairstyle. This got them really paranoid and they now do their best to remove in advance anything that could result in any complaints.
(In case you're unaware: In Japan, the pompadour hairstyle is heavily associated with the "yankee" gangsters of the Showa period, and juvenile delinquents in general)

how the fuck kids don't want to be badass anymore.
what's the stuff kids considers "cool" today?
>>
>>14121860
Yeah, last week.
>>
>>14123907
Nobody's asking kids what they want.
>>
>>14123907
It has nothing to do with kids. It's monster parents throwing bitch fits about any children's show that isn't a hugbox about clowns farting rainbows.
>>
>>14123898
>Sayaka from Madoka is Jerid from Zeta Gundam

this makes perfect sense
>>
File: Coolface.png (58KB, 657x600px) Image search: [Google]
Coolface.png
58KB, 657x600px
>>14123898
>Naomi Takebe told him that recent riders were getting repetitive and insular, and wanted him to break that trend, and when he agreed she showed him the orange.
>>
>>14123817
It'll never happen. And I can't see it happening well without involvment of Takatera.
>>
File: 9L5NEmv[1].jpg (11KB, 200x276px) Image search: [Google]
9L5NEmv[1].jpg
11KB, 200x276px
>>14123907
>what's the stuff kids considers "cool" today?
Looking as girly or as much as a wimp as possible.
>>
>>14123945
The mental image from that is hilarious.

"Alright Mr Butcher, our Kamen Rider shows lately have been hugbox comedies about clowns farting rainbows all over and they are quite frankly RUBBISH. We want to fix that. We want you to fix that. We want you to bring KR back to grim, dark, serial killer horror days. Can you do that for us, Mr Butcher?"

"Absolutely!"

"Magnificent! By the way, your rider is a fruit clown samurai."
>>
File: 7431346_orig.jpg (225KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
7431346_orig.jpg
225KB, 1100x618px
>>14123948
If that was their aim then why did they pair him with super manly Kamen Rider 1 in the movie?
>>
>>14123977
Because he gon die
>>
File: Kabutack_B-Robots.png (244KB, 568x243px) Image search: [Google]
Kabutack_B-Robots.png
244KB, 568x243px
>>14123922
Kids are too busy wrestling with Pokémon and laughing at Yokai Watch to care.

>>14123925
They're most likely having a field day since the TV redo of Gundam Unicorn is airing right now.
>It's monster parents throwing bitch fits about any children's show that isn't a hugbox about clowns farting rainbows.
So, how long until Toei gives up and tries a similar approach to pic-related again?

>>14123945
>>14123951
What's more ironic is that when anything goes wrong, Takebe informs Toei on the double to have it changed.
>>
>>14123989
>So, how long until Toei gives up and tries a similar approach to pic-related again?
It's already happening, it's called Ghost
>>
>>14123818
Drive's belt was totally fine. They went overkill this year
>>
>>14123878
The problem is that one writer and the head producer (who did Gingaman, Carranger and Kuuga) got blacklisted from Toei because of this. And that was a huge loss not just in terms of morale, but in creative terms. I frankly thought Hibiki was bad, but the loss of Takatera and then Shirakura taking over the entire franchise since then has shown the far reaching consequences of what happened on Hibiki.
>>
>>14124078
They got Kida Tsuyoshi back for Wizard and boy oh boy we all know how much effort was put into that.
>>
>>14123989
>Takebe informs Toei on the double to have it changed.

I wouldn't go that far. She basically let Urobuchi do what he wanted from 12-46 barring the crosover shit that he utterly had no interest in doing. It's basically the formula that Ghost is copying right now. Spam the toy commercial aspects for the 1Q toys and do the story development for the rest.
>>
>>14124092
Isn't that mostly conjecture?

The rest of the post-Gaim interview would probably shed more light on the production process if that translator anon ever comes back.
>>
>>14124087
Kida wasn't blacklisted. He has being doing Toei stage shows before Wizard. It's the other writer Ooshi who left with Takatera. And reportedly he never had any creative freedom under him (no surprise given he was a shitlord) and was basically told what to write.
>>
>>14124043
The Amazons Driver made it right again. All they had to do was get a japanese guy to sound like an american.
>>
>>14124098
Who are you calling a shitlord?
>>
>>14124095
>Isn't that mostly conjecture?

If you look at what she wanted in the interview in the premier interviews that were translated what she wanted and pitched to the viewers (such as Zangetsu being Ouja and the warring state/ feudal aspects being stronger), it's nothing like what we got from Urobuchi. The same with the head director. The guy basically only did two episodes before fucking off (and returning to do another two episodes one of which was the Kikaider episode).

And from the interviews that has been translated most of what Urobuchi wanted to do got done. His interest with showing the coercive power of organizations was basically a large part of the first half of the post-1Q episodes.
>>
>>14124078
At least even Shirakura himself is getting tired of the franchise's current state.

>>14123994
>show about undead people
Close, but not quite there yet.
>>
>>14124134
Shirakura is getting tired of not being able to shit it up like he was doing 10 years ago. I wouldn't exactly clamor for the guy.
>>
>>14124134
>At least even Shirakura himself is getting tired of the franchise's current state.

You can really tell when he said there will be 2 to 3 proposals from the sponsors sitting on his desk for him to pick, instead of Toei makes the call when it comes to new project planning. Toei has no place in deciding what to do in their works, but to comply.
>>
>>14124146
Your grammar is all over the place, what are you talking about exactly?
>>
>>14124134
>At least even Shirakura himself is getting tired of the franchise's current state.

And he has done nothing to reverse the shit he has done. Look at the new movie. He fell back on his old habits and even dug Inoue out of retirement. The only good thing was getting Ichigo/Fujioka back, but have you seen the plot summaries of this movie? This may actually be worse than Heisei V Showa. It's no wonder japanese would rather watch BvS.
>>
>>14124155
Even the worst spring Hero Wars can't be worse than Hack Snyder's farts (except for having budget, I guess). Then again, that's like damning with the faint praise.
>>
>>14124155
>reverse the shit he has done
You mean the loan for Hibiki?
No he has no part in that.
>>
>>14124166
What loan? I am talking about the deluge of shit movies he has churned out usually with Yonemura (and now Inoe) as the writer and all the toyetic/merchandising tie-ins becoming the center piece of KR.
>>
>>14124155
>>14124194
Inoue is back? In what movie?
>>
>>14124209
This year's April crossover bonanza
>>
>>14124194
>shit movies he has churned out
Like I've said. He has no control but to comply with what's given to him. Keep in mind that he is not the only producer that can make calls.
>>
File: 1460743036053.jpg (2MB, 1746x4245px) Image search: [Google]
1460743036053.jpg
2MB, 1746x4245px
>>14124163
>Even the worst spring Hero Wars can't be worse than Hack Snyder's farts
I'm so sorry you're too dumb to understand capekino.
>>
>>14124265
tl;dr
It's just not fun and doesn't resonate with non-douchebag people.
>>
>>14124251
Even if he has no choice why does he keep relying on those two stooges. Yonemura hasn't churned out anything that isn't drivel since Kabuto. And Inoue is Inoue. People wanted to like Showa vs Heisei and even the Rider 1 Movie. But he keeps fucking us in the ass by giving us shit. I think it would be tolerable or great if these movies were well done or well written.
>>
>>14124215
It's not really a crossover fest though, just Rider 1 x Ghost.
>>
>>14124251
>Like I've said. He has no control but to comply with what's given to him. Keep in mind that he is not the only producer that can make calls.

I think it's clearly him the one that pushes to make Shocker the villain in every single spring movie, alongside hero vs hero in all spring movies aside from Rider 1. We get two other Rider movies per year, and they clearly aren't tied to Shocker or obligatory hero vs hero.
>>
>>14124078
>and then Shirakura taking over the entire franchise since then has shown the far reaching consequences of what happened on Hibiki.
That's not really true though. Shirakura effectively had "taken over" the franchise as soon as Agito. He wasn't the main producer of every single show, but he was the producer of most of them - Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Hibiki's 2nd half, Kabuto, Den-O, Decade. Ever since Decade, he stepped away from the tv business and basically produced only the spring movies.
>>
>>14124274
Eventually, something will change, since the spring movies are steadily making less and less ticket sales. Within the next couple of decades, Shirakura will be blacklisted at this rate.
>>
>>14124307
I bet that's because he wanted to be edgy but Asahi wouldn't let him.
>>
>>14124327
>spring movies are steadily making less and less ticket sales
All movies are making less and less ticket sales, and among those, spring Rider entries are still the highest-grossing ones. If there's anything getting nixed, it's probably Sentai's VS, and if that's alive and well, April movies aren't going anywhere.
>>
/tv/ and /v/ have ruined /m/. You /m/en are better than this.
>>
>>14124274
Why do I have a feeling everybody thinks that Shirakura and Inoue are both superhuman who takes care of directing, scheduling, funding, and writing?

Toei works with a generic japanese cooperative model which they only hire writers and their students to work on their programs. Yonemura, a student of Kashiwabara Hiroshi who used to write for TV Asahi and Toei, picks up his teacher's work to write for Toei.
Inoue is Inoue from the showa series.

Writer is only part of the issue. The main issue is still the directors for these shows. There are quite a few match ups for writers and directors which can do miracles. Only problem is not all directors nor writers are full time staff at Toei, and they do have the rights to turn down the jobs. Since there isn't much to pick from the basket of rotten apples (yeah Yakuza has a place in these things too) you have to live with what's left behind. After that they will have to deal with TV Asahi's executive producers for the regulation part.
So whatever came out at the end it's pretty much not in the original form, nor it will be everybody's cup of tea.
>>
>>14124373
>expecting good discussion from rider threads
We have containment generals for a reason.
>>
>>14123818
I don't mind the silly voice clips, I hate watching some guy fumble about with a bit of plastic for forty seconds before he can just begin transforming. Rider belts are getting really cumbersome in that regard, it makes them fun to play with but it sure sucks the drama out of the screen whenever someone's in a hurry.
>>
>>14124710
And they're working as intended, if /krg/ didn't exist then this thread would be flooded with people calling everyone here a /co/mblr edgy misogynist faggot for not praising Ghost
>>
>>14123157
It's 30

>>14123878
>>14124307
18 out of 48 isn't half. This is some weird lazy meme to make people less interested in the good part of Hibiki.
>>
Someone post that old usenet screenshot about the guy complaining about Kuuga being an abomination to Rider
>>
>>14123817

Nobody cares enough about Hibiki for the to sink the resources into that.
>>
>>14123818

Belts didn't get totally obnoxious until Wizard.
>>
Alright. I've got a question for you all.

Why is Inoue so hated? Or, more likely, why is he so polarizing? I mean, I've watched Agito, Faiz and Kiva and I loved them, specially Kiva. Why is there so much hate for his style of writing? (apart from misunderstandings).
>>
File: 1318867002583.jpg (53KB, 300x562px) Image search: [Google]
1318867002583.jpg
53KB, 300x562px
>>14126111

Inoue has written some good shit before but he needs other people on the creative team to rein i-

>I loved them
>specially Kiva
>>
File: 1388887628180.jpg (351KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
1388887628180.jpg
351KB, 880x660px
>>14126111

>and I loved them, specially Kiva.
>>
>>14126111
everything he's done after agito is mediocre at best and nauseating at worst, he's been a consistently shit writer for over a decade
>>
>>14126118
>>14126119

I know Kiva is the most hated out of them all, that's why I'm asking because I don't understand why is it so hated (all my friends love Kiva as well).

>>14126124

Why? Why is he a shit writer?
>>
>>14126145
He wants to write drama and often seems to half-ass the tokusatsu side of his shows after Agito.

Even in the recent Rider 1 movie he freaking adds a subplot about the characters infiltrating a school in order to throw some "normal life" scenes in the movie. He just can't seem to let go and just focus on the actual plot.
>>
>>14126167
So you're saying that he's a good/alright drama writer but he's not a good tokusatsu writer?
>>
>>14126111
I'm curious as well, Agito and Faiz are my favorite series. Where we differ is that I think everything past Kabuto is irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>14121951
Literally literally doesn't mean literally anymore. They literally changed it to literally mean figuratively as well. This is literally the world the we literally live in now.
>>
>>14126183

No because even his drama stuff has a tendency to wander into "shit".

Do you know what goes on in the novels that he's written for Ryuki and Faiz?
>>
>>14125766
No, it's 29. I don't know where this episode 30 meme came from but it you start up episode 30 right now you'll realise straight away that it's the first episode of the retooled era.
>>
>>14124270
>muh fun
Out of all the legit complaints, you chose the one that makes you look like a dronish fanboy?
>non-douchebag
And a fucking normalfag, to boot.
>>
File: sacrifice1_1.jpg (177KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
sacrifice1_1.jpg
177KB, 760x596px
>>14124270
>It's just not fun
>>
>>14126400
I don't know. Could you tell me?
>>
I'll say this much, those few episodes before Ryuki's conclusion is possibly the most tension-filled KR has ever been. "Holy shit!" moments happening non-stop for a while.

Shame about that ending though, regardless of how apt it is thematically I don't think it's possible to not be atleast a little disppointed by it. Still one of my personal favorite KRs regardless.
>>
>>14124043
Drives belt got a bit too much when he had to spam it for finishers
>SP.. SP... SPEEED
>>
>>14124265
Cancer
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.