[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSO2 Episode 4 - My CAST can't be this cute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

>>
Srsly, CAST a best.
>>
>>13817022
Woah bro spoiler that shit this is a blue board
>>
>>13817022
Almost makes me want to play PSO2 again.
>>
how's the anime? I've not heard anything good out of it
>>
>>13817247
Its pretty so-so - a fun ride, but definitely not a must watch but its now seemingly getting to the point where videogame dimension meets reality, so it could get a lot better..

..On a different note then, does that mean whatshisname ingested a -real- monomate? It'd explain his stomach troubles if it wasn't formulated for humans of the reality they are in...
>>
>>13817247
Two first episodes were really bad but it surprisingly picked up later.
>>
>>13817247
It's mainly been about the social aspects of MMORPGs up to now, which is an interesting change from the usual stuff.
>>
>>13817261
>does that mean whatshisname ingested a -real- monomate?
It's pretty obvious that he did
>>
>>13817261

It's not only the worst show of the season it may very well be the worst show of all time.

it's beyond shameless in how much of a commercial it is. It's not even people trapped in a game. It's dumb anime cliche kids sitting around saying how much they love PSO2.
>>
File: 1374957906212.jpg (43KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
1374957906212.jpg
43KB, 720x544px
>>13818158
It's okay at best. Cliche all around, but it's decent enough to not have to put any real thought into the plot.
>>
>>13818374
>No fun allowed

I would love the show to be fun. What isn't fun is the game just prattling on about how you're not cool if you don't play PSO 2 with the most stock of stock characters.
>>
File: Theodore_Roosevelt_laughing.jpg (151KB, 1000x1219px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore_Roosevelt_laughing.jpg
151KB, 1000x1219px
>>13818540
Is that hitting home too closely for you or something?

Did they bully you because you could not afford to play Meridian 59 back in the days?
>>
>>13818599

the fuck are you even on about?

It's just a shit show with shit characters who do shit
>>
>>13818708
>It's just a shit show with shit characters who do shit
Thanks for describing anime.
>>
>>13817289
What so far has made the show unique might disappear in the future. Rather than being about having to deal with n00bs, trolls, and awkwardly meeting your game mates in RL meetups might actually turn into battling game stuff in the real world.

I'm a bit disappointed. So far the fun has been in how many really bad highschool anime and MMO cliches they can throw at the screen so it comes off as unintentional (or maybe slightly intentional) parody.

>>13818540
How can that be your takeaway? It's a blatant advertising anime but if you're the kind of person that likes B-movies, there's lots of fun to be had here. Shamelessness goes a long way.
>>
I just don't get this show. A PSO2 anime would be a golden oppurtunity to expand on the universe somewhat.
LOL NOPE, time for high school harem shenanigans! Only sometimes they play a really unconvincing version of PSO2 for 6 minutes at a time!

How does this show even act like the advetisment for the game that it's supposed to be? They barely show it!
Between this show and the recent Episode 4 (of the game) plot twist I'm about ready to give up on the Phantasy Star franchise. At least the game is still fun to play.
>>
>>13819613
>A PSO2 anime would be a golden oppurtunity to expand on the universe somewhat.
That's what the game is for. The anime is just shilling it.
>>
File: fonzsharkjump-300x300.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fonzsharkjump-300x300.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>13819699
It ain't doing a very good job. And the game itself is quite done expanding the universe as we can see with Episode 4. Pic related.
>>
File: alis6.png (30KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
alis6.png
30KB, 141x141px
>>13819699

Well no see, most of the time when you make a game adaptation you adapt the story and lore of the game and tell a story with the games characters in order to get people interested.

There's a reason you don't make the show about people playing the game. And that's because that shit sucks.

Fuck they didn't even do the .hack/log horizon/sao thing and have some kid get stuck in the game world. It's just really, really lame. Fuck even card game anime isn't this lame.
>>
>>13820382
>mmo plot
>mattering
>ever
>at all
>>
how can man watch this show with that horrible CG?
>>
>>13820436

the stories may usually be wank but you try to up the sense of grand adventure, not the shit head playing the game
>>
>>13820460
Easily, U murricans saw Fantastic Four, so seeing PSO2 TA it wouldn't be that difficult
>>
>>13819613
If you think that's unconvincing you should see how the actual game portrays playing PSO2
>>
>>13818158
Funnily enough the game promotes the anime and Episode 4 jumped the goddamn shark to connect them. If you finish what's up of the Story Board before Feb. 23rd you get a SORO costume and her cape and they advertise the anime in-game via the TV screens and warp tunnels.
So I imagine Sega wants people to do both
>>
File: 1449383387091.jpg (140KB, 1279x960px) Image search: [Google]
1449383387091.jpg
140KB, 1279x960px
>>13820382
The anime is teasing an event that occurs in the game which is why >>13819729 posted what they did.
In episodes 1 and 4 they mention cars getting into accidents and driving themselves.
Episode 4 starts with a girl playing PSO2 having her game avatar warped into her room before she's attacked by a zombie and you warp in to save her. Phantoms are the new threat and they're in 2028 Tokyo, they vary from zombies, to helicopters, cars, even polar bears and T-Rexs.
I mean it's a cool map and rider kicking a Helicopter is always going to be cool, but the story has just gone completely off the rails.
>>
File: jump the ant.jpg (8KB, 100x57px) Image search: [Google]
jump the ant.jpg
8KB, 100x57px
>>13825476
What makes you think I have not? I did make clear my thoughts on Episode 4's plot twist.
>>
>>13825487
>I mean it's a cool map and rider kicking a Helicopter is always going to be cool, but the story has just gone completely off the rails.
Exactly how I feel. I like the absurdity of the new field and I think it's fun to play but I would like to give a fuck about the story and setting too. But it just went full retard and I can't understand how anyone thought this was a good move.

Rest in bits, Phantasy Star. Sad to see you go, last bit of Sega's dignity.
>>
>>13817022

This show is a lot of fun when you just turn off your brain and strap in for the ride.
>>
>>13828759
senpai a best
>>
>>13828759
>This show is a lot of fun when you just turn off your brain

that's basically an admission that is sucks. The characters aren't even interesting compared to other high school SOL anime.
>>
>>13829349
It's at the very least not offensively bad like SOL or IS.
>>
>>13829603
>It's at the very least not offensively bad like SOL or IS.

I would rather watch IS
>>
I like the interactions between the MC and the Senpai. They have a good dynamic going, and it's always nice when the MC isn't a complete dense, idiot. I enjoyed how he actually figured out who SORO was and teased her about it, instead of going EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The show isn't deep, CG is bad, and I'm sure everyone is pissed off about how they're depicting PSO2, but for me, it's a fun ride so far.
>>
>>13817022
>President falls in love with MC
Why?
>>
>>13829653
So she can motivate him by her death
>>
>>13829349
For me, this show problem is its lack of ambitions. It's just a "SEGA pathetic try at shilling more money out of PSO2!!" and doesn't even bother to be more than that.

Hell, I'm beginning to think that this project was another thing at the start and then SEGA threw money at them to add PSO2 to it.
>>
>>13830225
Honestly I'd rather them spend more time shilling the game through actually showing the game parts of the show, as unconvincing as they are. My major problem with it is that it's not even a show about people playing PSO2. It's been a full on generic high school show with almost no 'game' shown.
>>
I love Phantasy Star, but every screenshot I see of this is high school kids. They're doing the .hack and No Game No Life story, right, about people who play the game?

Do they ever mention the Dreamcast version? Or the old pre-Online games?
>>
>>13832822
>Do they ever mention the Dreamcast version? Or the old pre-Online games?
No. The HUmar from PSO does appear for a moment as a sort of cameo. (There's also a minor Alex Kidd cameo in the second episode, I haven't been able to spot any other Sega refrences since then.)
>>
File: nozaku.png (1MB, 1225x907px) Image search: [Google]
nozaku.png
1MB, 1225x907px
>other high school SOL anime.
Why is this anime being discussed on /m/?
>>
>>13833006
Because it SHOULD be /m/, considering the franchise it's from, even if it fails at it.
>>
>>13833102

Well Ive said it a few times in the past but a lot of things are /m/ that doesn't make them worth talking about. Something's classification really only stretches as far as people are willing to discuss
>>
>>13833123
I think shitting on something for not delivering the /m/ that the brand promises is valid discussion, personally.
>>
I watched the first episode, then I watched a video of some gameplay for the game. I was actually surprised that it features actual gameplay and not usual jrpg/MMO auto-attack hotkey nonsense.

Would still prefer to see an anime about a proper MMO, like World of Tanks.
>>
File: pso20160127_150900_056.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pso20160127_150900_056.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>wake up from cold sleep
>save a girl and her shota character from zombies

PSO2 got pretty weird.
>>
>>13830068
she's gonna get rebuilt into a caseal just watch

why else would they make her an android player?

autocorrect turns caseal into casual im lmao
>>
>>13835502
>being this new
And how the fuck is WoT and MMO in any way?
>>
>>13835796
>girl's husbando avatar becomes 3D and shares a bed with her

LIVING THE DREAM
>>
>>13835502
Yeah, PSO has always been an online action RPG. It predates that dull hotkey combat by a long shot, no reaosn for any entry in the series to dumb itself down to that level. In fact, the combat has only gotten faster and now incorperates fighting game mechanics.
>>
>>13836696
What kind of fighting game mechanics?
>>
>>13836709
At risk of provoking a >>>/v/, I'd call it more of a Souls-lite. Characters are really squishy, and you need to block, dodge, or exploit i-frames to make it through enemy attacks. Fights are almost never straight DPS races, and if you do take a bad hit you usually need to retreat or find an opening to heal.

Unless you're playing easymode Hunter, in which case everything I just said is bullshit.
>>
>>13836696
>dull
PSO1 was tapping the attack button over and over in a slow rhythm and nothing else. I still can't comprehend how anyone enjoys it.
>>
>>13836709
Enemy juggling, invincibility frames, parrying attacks by hitting the block key at just the right time, 'super armour' attacks (you take damage but resist knockdowns/pain animations during some attacks) Lots of little things. There's no RNG that decides whether you hit or get hit. If a monster slaps you down on your bum it's because you, the player, failed to do something about it.
>>
>>13836790
Pretty much the same more most games.
>>
>>13836790
That's a fair opinion, I suppose. But postitioning of your character and avoiding enemy attacks was important in PSO. It is inarguably more involved that hotbar combat games like WoW and it's clones.
>>
>>13836790
playing force is the most unfulfilling thing ever lmao

>foie/barta/zonde from one end of the room
>move around if enemies get too close
>fluid when necessary
and the monsters are never fast enough to catch up to you so it's not like you're ever in danger
Ruins monsters are the only ones that ask for a little strategy beyond spamming techniques
>>
>>13829636
Agreed.

But I really hate MC voice. His acting is decent I guess, it's just his voice is... I don't know the exact word to describe it, it triggers something in me every time he speaks.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.