[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srwg/ Super Robot Wars General #780

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 46

File: kuukan01.jpg (476KB, 1057x1615px) Image search: [Google]
kuukan01.jpg
476KB, 1057x1615px
Previous Thread:
>>13556750

If you need help with any game try checking Akurasu for help:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars

Current status of the games availability in the English language as of the end of August 2014:
http://pastebin.com/Y1ND2asB

Detailed Version of Game Availability in English as of Late August 2015:
http://pastebin.com/crZFqXVk

Music Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/dnBSQc3L

Bring Stabity's Quick Guide to Katakana:
http://pastebin.com/x6FmxFGk

Game Modification Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/BpnabbiH

Translated Plot Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/mXTM5K5z

Art Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/FpW9zx0P

Make your own SRW character Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/DBj6Nknk

If you wish to help with the SRW fan game they are always in need of more musicians and artists
Please contact the following e-mail: [email protected]
You may also reach them in IRC at #SRWEternity on Rizon.

You can also visit their website at: http://srw.eternitychan.org/
>>
File: sheen'd.png (51KB, 433x306px) Image search: [Google]
sheen'd.png
51KB, 433x306px
>mech is entirely ranged
>new lategame finisher is melee
>>
>>13564160
Are you talking about Chamber?
>>
File: GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY.png (200KB, 488x268px) Image search: [Google]
GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY.png
200KB, 488x268px
>>13564160
>mech comes like four missions into the game
>entire moveset is ranged
>except the finisher, which is physical
>and its partner ability raises its melee powers
>>
>>13564131
Good to know, I rolled a Sazabi from the Draw 10 thing (along with Arios, Brave, Chaos)
and I'm getting a Nu soon, so that's nice
>>
>>13564160
Thanks Chamber
Thanks Dick'snuff.
>>
OG3 announcement in december?
>>
>>13564181
Yes, December 15.
Same day as my wedding day. I take it you'll be there?
>>
>>13564169
Unicorn? Minus the partner ability.
>>
>>13564185
I wouldn't miss it for the world
>>
>>13564189
Try VF-19E.
>>
File: whoa....png (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
whoa....png
100KB, 640x480px
>>13564185
I am already here
>>
>>13564198
Please don't tell me that is where it came from.
>>
>>13564200
I added the whoa...
>>
>>13564166
Don't forget the part where the finisher is 90% shooting shit up but its still melee.
>>
>>13564211
Don't forget the part where most of the finisher animation is a dynamic kill.
>>
>>13564220
How is that bad?
>>
>>13564196
There's nothing wrong with saying screw guns and punching crap, besides the Sniper rifle is a perfectly good ranged finisher if you want Aisha to stick to ranged attacks.

>>13564220
This is my favorite part about that attack, even better is that without the DK it's just Chamber shooting the enemy with the Gatling on his arm.
>>
>>13564211
> the finisher is 90% shooting shit up

Only if you get the Dynamic Kill. Otherwise? It's just shooting.
>>
Is Gargantia the biggest waste of a series slot in recent times?
>>
Playing FMW1 again really makes me appreciate all of the little things that the newer SRW games have. I think after this, I might go and finish off one of those games that i've been neglecting like Z3.1.
>>
>>13564227
Nah that'd be Eva 3.33 in the same game
>>
>>13564227
In terms of the illustrious How Do You Fuck Up A Debut Slot So Fucking Bad Award, Macross 30 makes Gargantia's debut look like a fucking passion project.
>>
>>13564223
>There's nothing wrong with saying screw guns and punching crap

It'd be nice if there was, like, a single move on the set aside from that one that wasn't shooting shit. There's not even one of those dinky knives!

>>13564227
Na, that's half of OE's series list.
>>
>>13564238
>Macross 30 makes Gargantia's debut look like a fucking passion project.

And both of those are fucking nothing compared to Zoids New Century Zero, SO.
>>
>>13564243
Shit, I forgot all about that.
And for good reason.
>>
>>13564240
Yea, lots of it hasn't got much plot in. I think GoShogun is pretty much just filler, for one.
>>
>>13564211
Reminds me of some games and Super Robots
Getter Beam? Melee
Breast Fire? Melee
>>
>>13564240
>Na, that's half of OE's series list.
But Zoids got so much coverage in OE they're not ever gonna use it again

wow sure can't wait to fight 2 full chapters of zoids and oh oh
one full chapter with zoids and
wait for it
mucus gates
>>
Does that one time we got the S Gundam as a bonus suit count as a début?
>>
>>13564278
As much as the time when Winfield had his final duel with Titus counted as Demonbane VN's debut.
Or the time when the Blood Temple counted as the Five Star Stories debut.
>>
So who is the superior designer baby for battle

Maya Toomi or Kira Yamato?
>>
>>13564278
Yes, but much like Alpha 1 being F90's debut and the debut of New Dunbine, we can't really count something that's exclusively there to give other series with swappable pilots more units as something to look down on. It's just the designers adding some variety in what you can choose, which is fine in its own right.
>>
>>13564307
Maya, if only because her crying doesn't sound like a dying beached whale trying to half-ass an orgasm.
>>
>>13564322
I'd also give it to her because she actually pilots well rather than just rewrites the OS to his job for him.

She's putting in work with a Sniper Rifle while Kira just has a targeting computer and a lot of guns
>>
>>13564322
I always thought it sounded like a goat with a broken ribcage
>>
>>13564258
Series in OE that have significant impact on the plot: 0079, ZZ, VOTOMs, L-Gaim, Layzner, Patlabor, Zoids.

Series in OE with a decent amount of plot: 08th, 0080, Getter Armageddon, the VOTOMS OVAs, Ryu Knight, Gosaurer

Series in OE with at least a little plot: G Gundam, Gundam Wing (remember that whole "Operation METEOR with other series' Gundams" thing? That was pretty cool.), arguably 00 and Zeta, Liger, Lamune, Keroro.

Series that why the fuck were they even in the game: Arguably 00 and Zeta Gundam, Gundam SEED Destiny, Shin Mazinger Z, Goshogun, Dunbine, New Dunbine, Dancouga, Raijin-Oh, Ganbaruger, Daiteioh, Zoids Genesis, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Macross Frontier

Series that are DLC: Code Geass R2, Zoids NCZ (WHY DID THEY WASTE THAT DEBUT ON FUCKING DLC IF THEY WERE GOING TO HALF ASS IT), Char's Counterattack
>>
>>13564330
To be fair, the default OS that the Gundams had in SEED made them clunky pieces of shit that could barely move. All of the Coordinators had to the rewrite the Gundam OSes early on so they could actually work properly. Unlike in Fafner where they had competent dev teams who could consistently tune the mechs to suit the needed situation.
>>
>>13564364
Always bugged me.
If Kira can rewrite the OS so he can use the Strike like a champ in like, four minutes.
Why couldn't he spend an afternoon making it so Mwu could use it, and then he has an excuse not to pilot the fucking thing.
>>
>>13564377
Clearly ZAFT attacked every time he tried and Sai kept deleting his work from the computers to make room for more Fllay creepshots.
>>
>>13564377
They did dick around with the Strike's OS later on to allow people like Mwu use it.
>>
>>13564382
Or Flay did so he'd keep giving her fap material.
Why does everyone call her Fllay anyways, that's not even close to a name.
>>
>>13564388
Same reason some people refer to Stella as Stellar. Because it's the "official" name.
>>
>>13564416
Didn't "Stella" get officialized in DW Gundam Reborn last year?
>>
>>13564377
I've said this a few times. Kira was working on analyzing some piece of code for the professor at the start of the first episode. Change it so that he was modifying it for a while. When he falls in the cockpit, he just overwrites a few key files and reboots. The hijackers just stumble along back to their ship on the bad OS, and ZAFT technicians rewrite it later.

>>13564416
or Ssigh
>>
>>13564385
Yeah, weeks later
>>
>>13564426
Not sure. DWG3 was the last one I played.
>>
I still think that the official English pronunciation of nearly everything in SEED is so stupid (Lacus, Cagalli, etc) that whenever I see a fan of that show's dub I cringe.
>>
>>13564443
>whenever I see a fan of that show I cringe.
There you go.
>>
>>13564443
Say what you want about the dub, but Mark Oliver was having the time of his life as Rau towards the end.
>>
>>13564347
Gurren Lagann in OE was for the hypothetical "What if Kamina never died" and the "what if we didn't go through a timeskip."

Let's disregard that the results were a fucking tragedy.
I really want to see Gurren Lagann done properly in a standalone.
>>
>>13564511
I really want to see Gurren Lagann banished to the trash can where it belongs.
>>
>>13564520
I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>13564520
It has good MAP attacks.
>>
>>13564511
Except that instead that in execution it was actually the cast circa episode 3 accidentally drill into an alternate universe and never bother going back theirs.
>>
>>13564315
I'm pretty sure the Sirbine was in SRW4
>>
>>13564177
Chamber was a load of bullshit. It enraged me so much that I turned him into partner fodder.
>>
>>13564543
>never bother going back theirs.
Guess Daiguren left the humans to get fucked by the anti-spiral.
>>
>>13564543
And Yoko stayed in the cockpit the entire time. And Viral somehow got into that alternate universe as well.
>>
>>13564569
>And Yoko stayed in the cockpit the entire time
Kinky
>>
>>13564533
>It has good MAP attacks.

Yeah, but that's it. It's basically OE's version of Neo Braigar, except instead of having two alternate forms it just transforms into Braigar With Different Weapons Properties.

Fuck, it doesn't even get the flight pack. It's still not terrible lategame because Giga Drill Break is pretty powerful and the MAPs are still things, but even so.

>>13564550
I'm fairly certain you're right.
>>
>>13564635
Sirbine was in 4/64/C3/BX and I think C2.
>>
>>13564644
Oh and of course OE.

Its interesting to note how OE was the first game where Sirbine's ranges weren't 1/1/1.
>>
>>13564644
>and I think C2

Yeah, it was one of the two possible prizes you got for linking all three games together, the other being Zwauth. Impact replaced the one that required you go to Byston Well with Night Camo Bilbine, and replaced the other with... uh, nothing, but it did add Master Asia as a secret on the other route so we'll say him.

It was also in OE as DLC...

>>13564655
...but you already remembered that.

>weren't 1/1/1.

No, but they were 1-2/1-2, which is pretty much the same thing in OE because being Range 1 in OE is basically confining an attack to "never except on bosses" status considering how pitiful that range actually is.

Oh, and it had a 1-9, but that was an Assault/Breakthrough/whatever they are and they're supposed to be long so that doesn't really count.
>>
>>13564661
So yeah, BX is basically the first game where Sirbine had any real range.
>>
>>13564666
First SRW game, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ug7Jp3y3I
>>
>>13564666
And thanks to that and its movement range, it wrecks things.

I mean, in BX it's not hard for anyone to wreck things, but once I first unlocked Sirbine, Shou just turned into a flying dervish or destruction to shove right into the initial swarms of enemies and let them throw themselves to the grinder.

Doesn't hurt that Sirbine and Zwauth's animations are fun to look at, they really could have used a combo attack.

I wonder if they made any justification for the Sirbine being there after Shou Zama Died In Magma. Pretty sure they explain it (and Zwauth?) as pet projects of Shot later on, but is that really it? I would have enjoyed it if it was another thing tied into ancient Gorg shenanigans given the stage it was found in.
>>
>>13564635
>but even so.
BananaMatt plz
>>
>>13564723
KANOUSEI
A
N
O
U
S
E
I
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSODIiBPgTA

>tfw next SRW game will have these

>>13564714
>pet projects of Shot

Well now let's be perfectly fair, both of them WERE canonically the creations of Shot Weapon, and Sirbine should have been created well before BX started (since he made it before the series as the Dunbine prototype).

>>13564723
SORAY DEMO
>>
>>13564755
So is it just artistic license that, aside from having no long-range weaponry, both kick a lot more ass than their normal end-game Dunbine counterparts?

...Is Dunbine on the roster for future games, Matt? Is SECOND going to have half the game split between Byston Well and the real world?
>>
>>13564767
>So is it just artistic license that, aside from having no long-range weaponry, both kick a lot more ass than their normal end-game Dunbine counterparts?

Yes and no. Sirbine shouldn't be capable of doing that, and at no point in the OVA ever really shows itself as capable of doing that, but Zwauth should be capable of it given a good enough pilot because it was made AFTER all the other Aura Battlers by Shot after he was cursed with immortality. (Why he didn't make more Aura Ships like Galava, since they were proven to be superior designs, I have no fucking clue.)

>Is SECOND going to have half the game split between Byston Well and the real world?

You know, there was a time where I was greatly considering it. I cut it for three reasons.

1: It didn't gel with most of the rest of the plots going on.

2: Every time I thought about the games after the second one, I kept going "well ok, so New Dunbine in 3 and WoR in 4", but that requires the main cast of the last shows to be FUCKING DEAD and that depresses me.

3: I can't make Dunbine be the series that splits the cast for the early parts of the second game because SDF Macross is the series that splits the cast for the early parts of the second game.
>>
Man, I wonder how many "original srw donut steel" we're gonna have when/if that SRW Maker comes out . . .
If anything, I am looking forward to the indie SRW renaissance.
>>
>>13564820
My OC donut steel robutt is a sentient robutt with a little sister robutt
>>
>>13564820
>OG do not steals for OG do not steals
The world never ceases to amaze me with its stupidity
>>
>>13564820
Happily anticipating Super Robot Wars: Eternity Generation.
>>
>>13564820
Probably not a whole lot IMO considering that would require actually making your own sprites for at least unit/pilot instead of stealing assets from existing games.
>>
>>13564865
By the way - totally not looking forward to having to do that for every unit in the game.

Like, even copying bits from the various anime for the early parts of the script that wouldn't have reason to change (no interaction with outside force to change them yet) is more exciting, and that's basically paint drying levels of exciting.
>>
>>13564865
Welcome to the era of reskins.
I am looking forward to all the inevitable SRW games featuring Megaman X
>>
I'll probably do one of three things :
- OG chara is just faceless helmet dude in one of many grunts
- OG chara is a hack-eyed sprite edit of someone else cause muh effort
- There is no OG chara animu series only.

I wonder how much would a pixel artist charge for a few little faces and maybe a robot?
>>
>>13564874
As interesting as I find your concepts and story so far, given the amount of time it'd take to do all that, piled on with the amount of time it'll take to get Eternity out, I'd want a pastebin or something somewhere just so what you have had already extensively plotted could be seen by interested parties.

You know, just in case we go on another decade before it even seems like FIRST is a blip on the horizon.
>>
>>13564865
I'd probably go the SRW4 or Advance route and only make 2 sprites for each unit
>>
>make
>sprites
Fuck that
I'm going the Banpresto route, re-use assets from older SRW!
>>
>>13564898
I want to leave a few secrets, though.

I have my current stuff saved on various areas though. Even if I were to lose everything on my computer, the only thing I'd lose of substance is the exact dialogue of the prologue, and if I were to lose my flash drives and somehow forget everything I had planned I'd still have it up a few places on the internet.

(I'll probably make a pastebin featuring all but the really late plot points that are sequel hooks and shit)

>>13564923
What's fun is coming up with a single sprite that can handle most of the unit's necessary animations, and then (if you need another) coming up with a second sprite that can do the rest.

Having a devil of a time with Getter though. Basic pose is going to have the right arm extended - for Razor, Tomahawk, the two machineguns, and Tomahawk Boomerang - but that doesn't look right for the Getter Beams, and neither of those two look right for Getter Kick.
>>
>>13564923
I'm just making a sprite for each attack, a default sprite, and a damage sprite.

I kinda feel bad about that, seeing as the Eternity team is putting a lot of work into making a working program for animations. I figure I could at least try for the style of the Diebuster/ Gurren Lagann animator in Z3.
>>
>>13564952
Were I anything of an artist, I would probably at least try for Alpha 1 tier animation.

I am not an artist. I am not an artist AT ALL. Making sprites is probably beyond me to be honest, but I'm going to try anyway.
>>
>>13564956
Yeah, my original idea was for Alpha Gaiden stuff, but boy oh boy.I tossed that out the drain when I started on Genesic GaoGaiGar.
>>
>>13564820
I'm thinking of historical figure SRW. Like, Alexander the Great. With a mecha. Scenarios would be famous battles and shit but with mecha. If only I could write well.
>>
File: 53656305_p3.png (200KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
53656305_p3.png
200KB, 525x525px
Interesting
>>
I'm aiming low with my SRW idea. Pedestrian cast, non-animated graphics. But I'd be making it just for me and my friends to enjoy, so maybe they'd see it as better than it really was.

...I doubt it.
>>
>>13564948
>(I'll probably make a pastebin featuring all but the really late plot points that are sequel hooks and shit)

I'd be all over that, you can bet on it.

>neither of those two look right for Getter Kick.

If Eternity allows for different "angles" of how the sprite moves, why not make it "jump" at the enemy to simulate a kick? Pretty sure some old-school SRW games would use that kind of thing, like how different punches would just change the number of times a sprite would tackle the other or whether they'd charge through.

As for the Beam issue, dunno what to do with that, either give it its own Getter Beam sprite, or make do. Classic Getter-1 sprites always used to look like it was firing the beam from its finger Thunder Break style, anyway.

>>13564952
>>13564956
>>13564967
I honestly wonder if anyone is going to be able to give Eternity enough of a whirl to pump out something past the classic games in terms of animation. Aside from Eternity itself anyway.

>>13564976
Weird that the first thing that made me think of was Eiyuu*Senki. I guess Atlas fits in a sense given she's something like Rom's sister in the power loader.
>>
>>13564935
See, we're talking about OC original characters donut steel for your SRW Engine scenarios.

Unless you want to take Russell's portrait, poorly photoshop a mustache onto him and make him your original MC.
>>
>>13564976
Nobunaga The Fool?
>>
>>13565005
>Weird that the first thing that made me think of was Eiyuu*Senki.
Same here.
>>
>>13564820
Speaking of donut steels, if a game has two OG's to pick from do you prefer if they're totally separate or if the other one joins you for the unified portions?
>>
>>13565003
is this a VA joke?
>>
>>13564976
I've been plotting out something like that, just no mechas.
>>
>>13565006
I was talking solely about the machines there.
As for portraits . . . I might just steal one from some other game.
>>
>>13565032
Damned if I know
>>
>>13565017
Not really, no. I'm thinking more the actual historical figures (whose times and stories get brought and linked together because OG plot). The alternate route (which wouldn't be near the end, but halfway) would have several characters averting their historical fates (Caesar's assassination, Waterloo, etc.).
>>
>>13565005
>If Eternity allows for different "angles" of how the sprite moves, why not make it "jump" at the enemy to simulate a kick? Pretty sure some old-school SRW games would use that kind of thing, like how different punches would just change the number of times a sprite would tackle the other or whether they'd charge through.

Yeah, but I have to have an extended leg, and that doesn't gel properly with any other type of sprite.

>As for the Beam issue, dunno what to do with that, either give it its own Getter Beam sprite, or make do. Classic Getter-1 sprites always used to look like it was firing the beam from its finger Thunder Break style, anyway.

Yeah, I was going to try and make the "arms to the side while beam fires from chest" thing it typically does in the show (and that every SRW with decent animations gives it). But I pretty much need that for the Getter Ray Collector Beam so it's an issue.

>>13565023
It really depends, sometimes the correct choice is 1 and sometimes the correct choice is 2.

FIRST is going with 2 if it hasn't been made clear yet. The Real cast has a lack of stake in the OG plot, and the Super honestly doesn't have nearly as much stake in most of the other plots, so it fits.
>>
>>13565006
Good thing it won't require you to make an OC, since I wouldn't be able to be bothered to do so and they've always been the part of SRW I hate the most anyway.
>>
>>13565059
>That spoiler

Explain please. I feast on these strange new informations like popcorn.

>>13565021
Cool, someone else who knows the game.

>>13565023
I'm usually ambivalent to any variant, though if I was able to make my own SRW game, I'd probably do kind of an in-between, I guess? I was thinking that they'd both be available, but only the one you chose would get an upgrade later in the game, for whatever reason.
>>
>>13565074
Gonna take a shot in the dark and say that it's likely a combo attack or an event he has planned
>>
>>13565074
>I feast on these strange new informations like popcorn.

Getter Robo's finisher, something SRW has never used because... well, honestly, it never needed to. It always upgrades into Getter G anyway.

Lemme go grab the shot.
>>
>>13565168
>Getter Robo's finisher, something SRW has never used
Is it not the Getter Beam?
>>
>>13565168
>>13565186
Ok, so this is Episode 29, pretty soon after Daimajin Ura awakens (and that's a whole other kettle of fish that SRW has never covered, even if Alpha 2 - or MAYBE 3? - should have). Gore sends his newest Mechasaurus to attack Saotome Labs, using it as a heavy bomber, but Saotome's barrier gives no fucks and Saotome himself is more concerned about setting up another Getter Ray Collector (A mini-arc in Getter Robo, yet ANOTHER thing SRW hasn't covered), so he sends the heroes to go do that. It's near a dam, because it needs an initial jolt of power to start before it becomes fully self sufficient. To distract the Mechasaurus's pilot, they send Getter 1 out on autopilot and have it spend its entire time dodging.

They're eventually figured out, and the Mechasaurus pursues, destroying most of the jeeps they were travelling in (except, fortunately, the giant truck containing the actual Getter Ray Collector). The team goes to the hospital in the town beneath the dam to try and get Michiru (who was injured) help, but the Dinosaur Empire is merciless and has bombed EVERYTHING. Also a small child is injured, and is going to die soon. So while this Mechasaurus is blowing up the dam, everyone in the town spends their time yelling at the Getter Robo team.

(why do old Super Robot shows do that so wearily often? I get Zambot, but seriously... Daltanius is great in that they DON'T FUCKING DO THAT and it's a breath of fresh air)

So Ryoma and Hayato start setting up this Getter Ray Collector, when the dam finally breaks - and to make matters worse, the Dinosaur Empire sees the power plant, and blows it up too. The team decides "This thing collects Getter rays from space... LET'S STRAP IT TO GETTER 1'S CHEST AND FIRE THE BEAM, THAT IS IN NO WAY A TERRIBLE IDEA!"

So with a giant wave of muddy water approaching and Getter standing in the only access point from the dam to the city (there was a cavern), the strap the thing on...
>>
File: collector shot again.png (437KB, 548x374px) Image search: [Google]
collector shot again.png
437KB, 548x374px
>>13565202
...and that was a terrible shot, I found a slightly better one...

(should be noted that doing this was severely heating up the cockpit because GETTER WAS NOT MEANT TO HAVE THIS MUCH ENERGY OH GOD THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA)
>>
>>13565021
>>13565074
>Cool, someone else who knows the game.
I lolz that they localized the PS3 version of the game near the end of the console's life.

But you depraved pervs probably played the PC version
>>
>>13565213
...and did THIS.

So this redirected the flood (BECAUSE THEY JUST BLEW UP A FUCKING MOUNTAIN), but Getter got stuck in the intense stream and it destroyed the collector, and then when it had receded Getter had a bunch of problems from the pressure, so they walked down Getter's side from the inside to fix it - I'm going to have to reference Getter's internal structure at some point, because for the love of god it makes LITERALLY NO SENSE AT ALL - and the Mechasaurus attacked, and they killed it, and all was good. And they never used it again.

And then the miniarc took a break because they had a really good episode idea and made what was probably the best episode in the show, and then it started again, and then it got ended for the irradiation miniarc, and then they sort of dropped major continuity until the last seven or so episodes.
>>
>>13565213
To be fair, this is a "final desperate attack that has a high chance of killing us", and SRW doesn't always use those.
>>
>>13565243
Na, it hasn't used it because no normal SRW has ever used Getter and then not used Getter G. There is little point to upgrading a robot to have a single move that it will have no equivalent of when it upgrades for real, especially in those games where Getter upgraded multiple times.
>>
>>13565226
Eiyuu*Senki Gold as well, yes.

>>13565213
>>13565202
>>13565238

Kinda reminds me of Zambot 3 using the Ion Cannon with that. Was that anywhere near as risky-gonna-kill-us-all in that series?

Daltanious subbed, since you said it was good?
>>
>>13565249
Clearly you should strap Getter Ray Collectors onto Getter G and Shin Getter. Surely nothing but good can come of this idea!
>>
>>13565249
>Na, it hasn't used it because no normal SRW has ever used Getter and then not used Getter G. There is little point to upgrading a robot to have a single move that it will have no equivalent of when it upgrades for real, especially in those games where Getter upgraded multiple times.

Yeah, because it's not like Getter Dragon has an equivalent, like Shine Spark.
>>
>>13565226
>But you depraved pervs probably played the PC version
I never played it. I just heard about it being localized and checked out the official site.
>>
>>13565256
>Was that anywhere near as risky-gonna-kill-us-all in that series?

Not for Zambot.

>Daltanious subbed, since you said it was good?

The first "half" is fully subbed, Luurah just released the last two episodes maybe a week ago.

>>13565260
THE VOICE THAT SHOOK THE UNIVERSE WAS THAT OF RYOMA NAGARE HIMSELF.

>>13565264
>Yeah, because it's not like Getter Dragon has an equivalent, like Shine Spark.

Shine Spark is a physical attack where it maximizes its internal reactors and collects it on the outside of Getter, then rams the enemy with it. Kind of different from drawing in a fuckton of external Getter Rays and firing that.
>>
>>13565238
X-Omega is using Getter Robo, no G or Shin, just Getter Robo.
(It's the only SRW to only use Getter Robo)

Perhaps the move will be in X-Omega.
>>
>>13565397
X-Omega's not a normal SRW game though, and I do find it unlikely that they will. They might, though. It's possible.

Then again, they might remember Getter 2 once had a little Getter ray gun thing. Or all the various shit Getter 3 did. And I find both of those just as unlikely.
>>
>>13565256
>Eiyuu*Senki Gold

That reminds me, I wanted to start Nightmare Mode, but Very Hard was a fucking chore except the final boss, she can be easily cheesed..

Who is the artist? I love his art.
>>
How many fucking chapters does this bootleg have?
>>
>>13565560
More than 40. I don't know the exact number. And I'm stuck at Chapter 22, even if I have a solid team. I'm afraid how fucking bullshit are going to be the later ones.
>>
>>13565566
what the FUCK
I chose a shitty server anyway
>>
>>13565558
Ooyari Ashito

For another of his "available in English" work, check out Littlewitch Romanesque and Period

https://vndb.org/s1179
>>
>>13564160
Heishin was a bitch.

Honestly, the entire second half of the game (after the tournament in the present) was a bitch.

And don't get me started on Mr. "BEUD on the first turn"
>>
File: 1423046646876.jpg (169KB, 460x560px) Image search: [Google]
1423046646876.jpg
169KB, 460x560px
>>13565570
Yeah, the power curve is absurd and the exp system is fucked up. But I lucked out and rolled TV Wing Zero at the same time I finished the Legend. The only things keeping me back from going forward past Chapter 24 (I checked now and I was wrong) are the lack of good Cores (4 are still running the Green ones!) and the G-Falcon for Sazabi.

>>13565586
Thanks man.
>>
>>13565597
My team is the Mark II, Arios, Sazabi, Blast Impulse, and Chaos.
It's messy.
>>
>>13565600
Yeah, at the start it's just a giant ball of 5 Stars. I'm running Nu, Sazabi, Legend, TV Wing Zero and Throne Drei. Once you get the Nu from the Server Packs, things are going to be better. Nu and Sazabi are going to be with you always. Sazabi is a great tank.
>>
>>13565613
wew good thing I rolled the Sazabi out of nowhere
>>
>>13565641
Sazabi is also really easy to get.
>>
>>13565656
I hate using the term but are there any specific "meta" teams out there?
>>
>>13565664
I actually don't know. I know Throne Drei, Nu and Sazabi are really common. The three Impulses (all together or just some of them) are also common. Then the teams boil down to what synergies you can obtain through units and/or parts.
>>
>>13565641
>>13565656
>>13565726
What game is this?
>>
File: IMG_1325.png (783KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1325.png
783KB, 960x640px
>>13565748
Bootleg SRW, it's an entirely different kind of hell than X-Omega
>>
>>13565840
What's it called? Is it fun?
>>
>>13565849
It's called Gravity Battle now I think on the ios store, it's pretty much a grindfest and its free to play anyway.

Your biggest opponent will be the RNG and what units and equipment you can get, there is also trying to get the stuff you have to match up so they make each other stronger like the aforementioned Sazabi and Nu combo.

It's fun if you have time to kill everyday.
>>
>>13565840
It's just all gundams and a couple OG's right?
>>
File: IMG_1296.png (532KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1296.png
532KB, 960x640px
>>13565875
And Bonta-kun
>>
>>13564714
>I mean, in BX it's not hard for anyone to wreck things, but once I first unlocked Sirbine, Shou just turned into a flying dervish or destruction to shove right into the initial swarms of enemies and let them throw themselves to the grinder.
Yet my issue is when you look at them objectively, Bilbine is still hands down far superior to Sirbine.

It gains the coveted S rank later on anyway, similar stats and far higher damage potential due to the broken as fuck Double Hyper Aura Cutter which for some ungodly reason Sirbine can't do.

Also Bilbine isn't pilot locked like Sirbine.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (280KB, 1510x600px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
280KB, 1510x600px
>>13564976
Drifters. The RPG.
>>
>>13566065
>Also Bilbine isn't pilot locked like Sirbine.

It may as well be considering the combos from UX don't work here and Marvel can't combo with Todd or Burn so she's pretty much the worst of the pilots with the Holy Warrior skill.
>>
>>13565004
Is it time for Super Pedestrian Wars?

Will we finally see the rise of Mazingolfer Z, will Kabuto Kouji discover it's true power? Will Kotetsushin Jeep save the day? Will our heroes survive in Mobility Scooter Gundam?
>>
>>13566075
Funny thing is you can switch Todd and Shou in the Wryneck/Bilbine and keep the combo, kinda pointless but still possible.
>>
File: 1448793214185.jpg (535KB, 1033x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1448793214185.jpg
535KB, 1033x1500px
When will I get cute OG lusting for their teacher?
>>
So I bought OG infinite battle because why not, it's cheap.

And I like to plat all the SRW games I get and by the % I see it's super easy to finish this one. There's no online stuff to do right?
>>
Will Banpresto ever pander to my nun fetish?
>>
tryna do a low turn run of og 2 gba

any recommended team/upgrades?
>>
>>13566103
Z3
>>
>>13566137
>There's no online stuff to do right?

nope.

The only trophy that took some time was the "get 1 of each equipment" trophy because the one piece I was missing was a rare drop from the 500 second mission.

Also, beat Arcade Mode on Hard with the Cybuster, you get something very nice.
>>
>>13566426
Get them to include Demonbane VN and Sakura Taisen 3
>>
>>13566526
But Leica and Erica lack the fundamental piece of nun attire.
>>
>>13566463
>any recommended team
Use everyone with a combo attacks because they do lots of damage and ignore barriers.

>upgrades
Fully upgrade the SRX and R-Gun.
If you use enough characters with Hope or Enable then you can kill the final bosses in 1 turn with nothing but HTB-cannon spam.
>>
Japan liked Shin SRW. How come you guys hate it?

http://hccweb6.bai.ne.jp/wnova/robot/srw/newsrw.htm
>>
>>13566550
Because standards were different and it was all they had at the time.
>>
>>13566550
>1 person on a single website
>Japan
>>
>>13566550
Japs are always know for their bad tastes.
>>
>>13566564
It was one of the best selling games.

http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Sales_Data
>>
>>13565367
They're still both powerful final attacks, so it works. Whether they're similar or not means dick you dumb fuck.
>>
>>13566626
But boy, has it aged poorly. @1 and Gaiden haven't, thankfully. They've aged, but they've done a bit more gracefully.
>>
>>13566626
>Impact 632,536 people

Those poor souls.
>>
>>13566747
>Impact
fuck that thing
>>
File: HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET HERE.png (487KB, 683x728px) Image search: [Google]
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET HERE.png
487KB, 683x728px
>>13566779
yes

It was long as fuck but needed to get 50 SR points when the conditions are unknown

and this dick, meaning that you need to use one of three specific units at all times
>>
>>13566787
Isn't that inside Omoikane? Fucking ninjas.
>>
>>13566787
Hide your wallets.
Hide your Rankas.
Because Tobikage is coming to town.
>>
>>13566794
>Isn't that inside Omoikane?

yes. I mean the other bosses (like Neu Reggisur and GP02) make sense due to Omoikane pulling combat data.
>>
File: 1442106971976.jpg (156KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
1442106971976.jpg
156KB, 1200x782px
>>13566802
>>
>>13566787
At least it gives you an excuse to use the cute girl who has the coolest looking robot anyway.
>>
>>13566802
>Tobikage is coming to town.
Do we have any pictures of him with a Santa hat?
>>
>>13566833
>/srwg/ sings Tobikage is coming to town
>>
File: 1448809474893.png (123KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1448809474893.png
123KB, 400x240px
>>13566833
Nope, I do have Drake tho.
>>
File: 1447394304883.jpg (633KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447394304883.jpg
633KB, 1920x1080px
>>13566833
>Do we have any pictures of him with a Santa hat?

I can ask the Santa hat threads on /v/ for that
>>
File: laughingdrake2.jpg (236KB, 700x547px) Image search: [Google]
laughingdrake2.jpg
236KB, 700x547px
>>13566841
>>
>>13566844
DAMN YOU FESTIVAL SHU!
>>
Which is the best Armored Core game for PSP?
>>
>>13566931
Formula Front.
>>
File: Hard Gay Jack.jpg (175KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hard Gay Jack.jpg
175KB, 400x600px
>>13566931
Lost RayBan of course.
>>
File: Shin SRW.jpg (6KB, 298x38px) Image search: [Google]
Shin SRW.jpg
6KB, 298x38px
>>
Anyone have the cutin that plays when Double Burning fire has a DK in L?

I think it's Tetsuya pushing up his visor and Kouji just being pretty happy
>>
Well, that was a success. After blowing my crystals on the wrong Gassha, I spammed challenge missions and I'm up to 48 crystals. Just as soon as I get some more AP, I'll roll for the Perfect Strike. And even if I get it, I'll proceed to not use it and instead focus only on C units.
>>
>>13567074
Speaking of Cs, anyone else find it annoying how there are C and UC units that you get only as mission clear drops: C Kallen's Burai, UC Getter-1, UC Great Mazinger, UC Mazinger Z, UC Gurren, UC Exia, and UC Zeta. It makes my goal of maxing out the Cs and the UCs impossible.
>>
season 2 of Tokyo Encount is being subbed
just a heads up
>>
>>13567098
Yeah, that's really, really fucking annoying.
>>
>>13567113
They could have at least had the decency of adding them to the friend gassha when you get them. But that would require the friend gassha to actually be useful for something.
>>
>>13567121
>But that would require the friend gassha to actually be useful for something.
Fucking seriously. Chain Chronicle lets you spend 2000 coins on a random 3*. Hoshi no Rebellion lets you do the same, except you can do a 10x roll.

In over 800 friend gasha rolls, I've acquired ONE Rare. God, that game needs more sub-SR content.
>>
>>13567137
Well, Hoshi no Rebellion makes the minimum 2*, but the game has promotion (I think? I haven't played it for too long) and goes up to 6*. So despite being a gacha game you don't need to dump tons of shit into the lottery and pray for the top 2 rarities, as long as you get units who can become the top 2 rarities at some point. Bravely Archive and FF Brave Exvius do that, too, and despite the promotion capping (only MCs/final bosses can hit 5* iirc), as long as you don't get raped with too many of the same type of character you should be fine. Hell, Bravely Archive doesn't even have a friend gacha, so it gives out actual gacha currency like crazy.
>>
>>13567099
That quality is fucking amazing compared to the potato quality we've been getting.
>>
>>13567113
You could use that sentence to describe any part of X-Omega
>>
>>13567137
Give it time, it's still a relatively new game.

Imperial SaGa had something like 100 units at launch already and getting top rarity characters was a pin, now it has around 300 I guess and you get weekly and monthly campaign on the gasha like 11 characters at the price of 10, higher or fixed chances to draw top tiers and even special cards.
Eventually X-O will get there too, just wait a bit.
>>
I keep every one of my units, and this should show you how messed up this game is. I have:
5 SSRs (and two of those are event units)
11 SRs
24 Rs (and 8 of those are fucking Gekkas and Burais)
21 UCs (and 7 of those are unique mission drops, also forgot to mention UC GaoGaiGar earlier)
10 Cs (and one of them is a unique mission drop).

I mentioned how I'd make the friend gassha more useful by making you able to reduce the odds of getting a unit by upgrading it and shifting the friend gassha up a whole tier if you max every unit in a tier.

>>13567158 gives me another idea on how to proceed.
Every unit can be promoted. Everything shows up as a C. MC units can be promoted all the way up to SSR by grinding. The lowest of the grunts can't be upgraded above UC.

Alternatively, you could have the promotions be to better units. You could use something like G-Gen. C Grunt evolves to UC Commander Grunt, evolves to R ace custom, evolves to SR MC unit, evolves to SSR midseason upgrade.
>>
>>13567200
So that'd be something like Rick Dias>Methuss>Gundam Mk. II>Super Gundam>Zeta Gundam?
>>
>>13567225
Sure. That'd be one way to make it work.
>>
>>13567225
My only issue with that is that the pilot would go Apolly > Fa > Kamille > Emma > Kamille again. And that most Supers wouldn't have upgrade chains like that.
>>
Is it still cool to make your own SRW, or have we gone off that now?
>>
>>13567241
Who the fuck cares about Supers? They're shit and don't deserve anything anyway.
>>
>>13567241
Yea, it'd work better if you could draw up pilots like you can with robots and assign them however.
>>
>>13567242
As long as you don't get too crazy, if you have absurd amounts of plot put it in a pastebin and link it, otherwise a nice summary under your cast list will do just fine.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-11-36-48.png (736KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-11-36-48.png
736KB, 960x540px
Playing Anna ni Issho datta nonni worked.

>>13567242
I'd recommend pasrebinning it.
>>
>>13567242
You feel free.

>>13567247
So, why are you talking about Gundams if you believe that?
>>
>>13567254
>All those Seed units
You poor bastard.
>>
>>13567256
Because I'm not, you dumbass tripfag.
>>
>>13567251
>>13567254
>>13567256
Oh, I haven't really thought up mine yet, I was asking just so I wouldn't feel out of place when I do.
>>
>>13567249
G Gen Frontier lets you do that. I didn't put much time into it since the gameplay is fucking weird (it's not a grid-based turn-based G Gen).
>>
>>13567225
Methuss should be above Super Gundam.
>>
>>13567294
Methuss isn't really linear with the rest though, is it? It's weaker, but thanks to Repair it's far more useful than most of those.
>>
>>13567294
Yea, that's how I was laying it out at first, but then I decided to just throw it down before the Mk. II.
>>
>>13567259
All two of them?

>>13567271
I took a look at a gameplay vid. It's literally the first stage of Wars with a different engine.

>>13567241
The supers could just have progressively more useful versions of themselves.
>>
>>13567322
Yea, that's two more than anyone should get.
>>
>FMW1 finished
I can't remember the last time I was so happy to finish a SRW esque game. I don't even want to play the other routes.

Which reminds me, on a normal SRW related note, how many of you actually bother to play all of the routes in games like OG1 and @3?
>>
>>13567348
I haven't finished a single SRW game yet, let alone played all the routes.
>>
>>13567348

The only game where I played all the routes was Z. In alpha 2 I only played Arad and Ibis routes and in Alpha 3 I only played Selena's route. In the GBA games I picked the male mains, but the difference between mains is minimal so I dunno if that counts.
>>
>>13567348
I do all the routes and I've played @2, MX, @3, OGs, OGG, 2nd OGs, all five Z games, J, W, K, L, UX, and BX at least five times each, although it's usually 7-9.

I did LoE1 and 2 twice each, and CotE...3 times, and I'm in the home stretch of the 4th.
>>
are there any news of a new game announcement ? i remember they had this christmas event for the z3 games
>>
>>13567348
I'm going to rush through Rand's route so I can go back to Setsuko's route and play it one more time with my overpowered cast, because Setsuko's route was my favorite.

How many items do you get on Special Mode anyway? I keep hearing the number is random.
I just want to know so if I want to bother keeping Setsuko depowered so the Freeden cast can take her down for more items or not.
>>
>>13567452
are there any news of a new akurasu edit ?
>>
>>13567504
Usually they announce an event for that, but it doesn't look like that'll be happening this year.
>>
>>13567348
Depends if I like the game or give a shit about the other MCs or not. Still never bothered with Arado or Kusuha in @2, it's not like I hate them but I certainly don't like them enough to play @2 two more times.
>>
>>13567348
>Which reminds me, on a normal SRW related note, how many of you actually bother to play all of the routes in games like OG1 and @3?

I try to unless its something like Impact or OE

I got all of Alpha 3 done on a shit PC that hardly got 30 FPS on Alpha 3
>>
>>13567553
>Route splits in OE
You what?
>>
>>13567378
are you like, hooked up to some kind of intravenous feed so you don't have to get up or do anything ever besides play srw
>>
>>13567589
I don't know what I was thinking when I said OE

but I try to 100% SRWs I like.

I beat Impact but fuck going for all the cutscenes

and fuck OE in general (cheat codes crash the game am I am on like chapter 6that I got to without cheating)
>>
>>13567634
I did all this over eight and a half years.
>>
File: 35945188_p0.jpg (4MB, 2057x2596px) Image search: [Google]
35945188_p0.jpg
4MB, 2057x2596px
>>
>Open Bootleg SRW through Facebook
>Have to start over
Well shi-
>Granzon fight in the intro has Dark Prison ver.OGDP
Why the fuck doesn't this play in the daily Granzon fight.
>>
CODE KIRIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCllzV1rOIw

DEEEEEYAAAAH
>>
>>13568364
Hi, VF. How's life treating you today?
>>
>>13567348
I finished the chart on SRW R
>>
File: DEYAAH.png (810B, 17x15px) Image search: [Google]
DEYAAH.png
810B, 17x15px
>>13568364
>>
>>13564865
Mugen has been doing that for ages with no problem
>>
>>13568419
Oh, thanks Anon. R is probably one of my favorites.
>>
>>13564865
I hope you like blank placeholder sprites because I sure as hell can't draw
>>
>>13568474
Someone needs to rip all those Zaku sprites from Bootleg SRW
>>
>>13566941
I listened and started playing it and man I'm lost, there's way too much shit everywhere.

I'm fine with this.

Too bad there isn't an AC general in /m/
>>
>>13568497
I had actually mostly been joking with that.

Your best bet would be to cannibalize the extra Cores for parts then turn one into your ideal design. There's no real point to designing more than one, since you can only use one at a time.
>>
>>13568497
Not much of a point in a general for a series that hasn't gotten a game for a while, you can always make a thread though.
>>
>>13565056
> Cassius closes on Caeser
> Suddenly, NEWTYPE FLASH, grabs the dagger away
> Argument ensues
> Cassius curses, foiled again, drags Brutus along and they both jump in a mech
> Caeser summons his mech
> STAGE START
>>
>>13568523
>Not much of a point in a general for a series that hasn't gotten a game for a while, you can always make a thread though.
You heard the man. /srwg/ is closed until we get another release.
>>
>Super Robot Wars Alpha 2 Complete Music Recording
>I have recently beat SRWA 2, and made a complete music recording for the game. I'd like to share it with the FAQ/Walkthrough writers of this game, especially Deranged and Gundamtotoro. I have sent a mail to all; please respond if you want a copy--I will make arrangements as regards the mode of file transfer. Cheers.
>8 years ago
The hilarious part is that I'm going through this effort to find a version of the rips that has 79 tracks, instead of the 78 in the pastebin's version
Best part is that one missing track is the crossbone theme
>>
>>13568552
It's still been less than a year since Tengoku anon
>>
>>13568561
Not even half a year since BX too, and if you want to be picky X-Omega is still coming out.
>>
>>13568561
BX came out in August, and X-O was I think September.
>>
I had a dream in which Harry Potter was replaced with Tekkaman Blade.

I believe this is a sign of things to come.
>>
>>13568568
I had a dream that I went down a level of a parking structure and appeared in Russia. It was a very strange place.
>>
>>13568579
I believe that is a sign of things to come.
>>
>>13568568
I had a dream where I was sleeping with my ex and it turned out to be Wufei. I have never watched wing.
>>
>>13568599
I guess that means you're weak, like a woman.
>>
>>13568606
A woman can't get in bed with Wufei.
Only Justice can.
Ergo, Anon is actually Zule.
>>
>>13568568
That would have been a much shorter series of books.
>>
File: 20050313004129.jpg (8KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
20050313004129.jpg
8KB, 320x240px
>>13568624
>>
>>13568568
Nearly a month ago I had a dream where I was the RX-78 and everyone was some other kind of MS or real-type robot. Even if only in a dream I became Gundam.
>>
>>13568629
>Voltekkas everywhere, fuck friends, BLAST Voldemort, lose memories
>>
>>13568632
And now someone needs to shop Zuul into Meers head
>>
If Comet Lucifer ever gets in SRW they better fix this injustice
>>
>>13568835
What did I miss? I stopped watching it a few episodes back.
>>
>>13568845
Da Man is kill and Roman doesn't get enough screentime.
>>
>>13564119
SRW announcement in 3 weeks. Get hyped.
>>
>>13568897
Your proof?
>>
>>13568897
If only, anon. If only...
>>
Hello, FFXIV has consumed my life for the past 6 months to the point where I haven't actually clicked on /m/ in forever. Other than that one 3DS game has there been anything at all?

Also I guess G Gen is dead at this point huh?
>>
>>13569219
>Other than that one 3DS game has there been anything at all?
Check again in a month
>>
Are you a Man of Destiny?
>>
>>13569219
For what little X-Omega matters, it exists.

>>13569261
No, but I have become Ace Attacker.
>>
>>13569267
Hello I am Vifam!
>>
>>13569261
Bo, but I'm The Winner
>>
>>13569261
>Are you a Man of Destiny?

speaking of this, chapter 25 of the bootleg SRW is "Solomon, I'm back!"
>>
Does leveling up and upgrading only one character make the Bootleg SRW seem easier? I try to upgrade all my units but I never get the resourcrs to do so and I feel like farming is insufficient. I'll post my team in a few.
>>
>>13569311
It's a good thing it doesn't have 0083 units
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-52-31.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-52-31.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>13569319
>>
>>13569328
I also got the Nu Gundam, Cherudim, MKII benched.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-55-57.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-23-55-57.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>13569328
And now I got a spare Geese
>>
>>13569328
my advice, try to get units that get synergy bonuses from other units

let me get a pic of my team and unit synergy bonuses
>>
File: Bootleg5.jpg (230KB, 976x638px) Image search: [Google]
Bootleg5.jpg
230KB, 976x638px
>>13569339 here
Nu gets:
+27% HP from Sazabi
+21% weapon damage from Re-gz

Zwei gets:
+19% damage from 00
+36% HP from the other thrones

Legend gets:
+24% HP from Sazabi

Sazabi gets:
+26% HP from Nu

Drei gets:
+26% HP from 00
+36% HP from the other thrones

and this doesn't count the equipment bonuses
>>
File: terry.jpg (91KB, 570x1200px) Image search: [Google]
terry.jpg
91KB, 570x1200px
>>13569338
GEESE
>>
>>13569360
That's really nice, I'm still waiting on the last 10 shards I need to get Zwei at the Alloy shop. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>13569375
but for the HP bonuses from the thrones, you need all 3 of them
>>
What benefit is there to having multiple of the same unit in the bootleg?
>>
Back to hackjob SRW questions
Assuming the named was shit and couldn't into animations, what would you prefer :
- The best available sprites from wherever we steal them from (Z3, 2ndOG, etc)
- Low end unmoving early srw sprites (@1, GBA era, etc)

Furthermore, would you prize variety over consistency?
Take Impact, some of the units are great looking. But they look silly standing next to units from Alpha 1.

You know what? No. I'm not gonna A New Translation my SRW . . .
>>
>>13569398
apparently you need copies for modifying at level 50
>>
>>13569465
I'll just take whatever sprites I can get and hopefully someone with actually art skills draws some sprites that they don't mind sharing
>>
>>13569497
You could commisson some professionally.
Or steal shamelessly from pixiv
>>
There was a sprite artists back in the day that I wanted to do a collab with on a G-Gen game. However, he hasn't put anything out in 3.5 years, so I don't know if he's still active.
>>
So it has been confirmed Winky has filed bankruptcy
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151130-00010000-teikokudb-ind
>>
>>13569517
>Paying for art
I'd rather just have placeholders if I can't find anything
>>
>>13569534
That's sad.

But it's not very surprising. They haven't had a big hit in a while.
>>
X-Omega is down for maintenance. We'll see if the mod continues to work, or if we have to wait for an update from the mod maker.
>>
So I guess we're . . . buddies now?
Also, what a lucky man Jerid is. He still has Lila and Mouar alive and well.
Unlike Four
>>
File: ta29.gif (36KB, 571x314px) Image search: [Google]
ta29.gif
36KB, 571x314px
Speaking of SRW fanfic posting, I'm considering using this particular series as a way to tie in the "Tournament Fighter series including toys a.k.a Build Fighters" into "regular" mecha series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Girl_Yamamoto_Yohko

(Just take a look at the synopsis and you can probably get the idea I'm going for)

That probably still takes a lot of liberties though

>>13569465
If you have a choice, you probably want consistency. Just look at your average sprite webcomic if you want to see an example of what inconsistent sprites will do.

In practice, depending on what series you choose and what resources are available... you probably won't have a choice.
>>
>>13569685
>Starship_Girl_Yamamoto_Yohko

For some reason I remember that series.

...Wait, isn't it one of the ones we were speculating might have been what ended up being the Nadesico on BX's cover?
>>
>>13569699
Did we? I thought we basically either picked it as Nadesico or a SEED METEOR unit
>>
Quick check, guys.
In Alpha 2, to get Hi Nu Gundam I'm supposed to have Amuro fight Char in the ReGz in MS form.

But the first encounter they had was with the BWS on. I later discarded the BWS and had Amuro fight Char but there was no special dialogue or anything. Do I reset the mission?
>>
>>13569716
Stage 38, right? Looking at the Perfect Bible got me conflicting reports (one part of the book didn't mention MS, the stage flowchart did), so perhaps go back and have a battle encounter both ways just in case?
>>
>>13569655
Four's a real route exclusive secret. Oddly.
>>
>>13569747
The first two fights against her on the Super route come before you get Kamille, he joins much later for those two.
>>
>>13569778
64 was the first game where it was possible to not even be given an opportunity to save her. And C2/Impact and D are the only games with Zeta on the series list where she's dead before the game even starts (which is fucked-up because Fa is absolutely-worthless in those two games).
>>
>>13569789
Oh, and she's not in C3, either.
>>
>>13569731
Ah, what a pain. Well, I'll just wing it. HWS will have to do if it didn't work.
>>
>>13569789
>which is fucked-up because Fa is absolutely-worthless in those two games

Fa does fill the niche in C2/Impact of coming on Stage 1, which I somewhat doubt Four would have done. Also, Four's death does later lead to Kamille getting Rosamia, and then much later the Psyco Gundam. (PITY THAT THING IS COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS)

Also, you forgot MX.
>>
>>13569799
>(PITY THAT THING IS COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS)

Another thing you plan on fixing in the far-flung future of your own SRW games?

Also, I think I meant to say this way back when you talked about Dozle as a secret, but if at all possible, you should definitely try the UX/BX method of revealing secrets you've unlocked, by having them show up on the battlefield and whip out some enemy(ies), akin to Shouko tackling that Wings of Rean chump or all those combos on the giant demon machina babies stage.
>>
>>13569799
>Also, you forgot MX.
That I did. But thankfully Fa's not playable and you've got Blueberry and Banana Yogurt to make up for it.

>Also, Four's death does later lead to Kamille getting Rosamia
Who's been playable not many times and I think she's been playable with Four two, maybe three times.
>>
>>13569818
Yeah, at no point in FIRST will I come up with a unit that uses a minimum of 30 EN for all of its attacks, where its strongest attacks are barely stronger than any good endgame unit's weakest attacks, that has poor survivability, and very few part slots. And make this thing a secret that comes near the end of what is basically the first half of the game (the first two parts of Impact are sort of its first half, in that things combine together and move on from there)

>>13569822
>Who's been playable not many times and I think she's been playable with Four two, maybe three times.

Was it even that many?

I know it was possible in Compact 1, and MAYBE 64? I forget. But Rosamia sat out the entire Alpha series on the player side - hell, you can elect to MURDER her for a secret in Alpha Gaiden, that's really nice! - and wasn't in a number of side games either, like MX, D, and GC (and R IIRC)
>>
>>13568632
I can't look at Athrun normally anymore, now I've listened to all those Athrun remixes of songs on NicoNico.
>>
Anyone remember how to fix the missing battle text in SRW GC on the Dolphin emulator?
>>
File: 1433841857621.jpg (732KB, 2288x1712px) Image search: [Google]
1433841857621.jpg
732KB, 2288x1712px
So, Mizuki Shigeru has passed away.

Fuck 2015, really.

Don't die on me now, Tomino.
>>
>>13568904
>>13569200
Since alpha 3 December has been the month of announcements for SRW
>>
>>13570065
2015 in general seems to be a huge year for lots of major names dying.
>>
>>13570168
Looks like it.
It's a bad year, a dear friend of mine also died this year, she was older than me but she was just 42, then all these other people died, Iemasa, Lee, Shigeru...I guess that we're really at the end of an era outside of 2015 being pure shit.
>>
>>13570065
What. How in the...?

Though to be fair he was getting long in the tooth and actually died peacefully. He's had a pretty good run. Bless his soul, and may the successors to Kitaro don't spit on his grave.
>>
X-Omega finished the maintenance.

For the mod users, installing from QooApp doesn't work but the mod has been updated.

https://mega.nz/#!0B5XRbqJ!gdb6ruZAaQa7gsB2GjayOODEiNLmEvOz9k3fUeOwe70

Just start it up, you don't need to uninstall the app.
>>
>>13570230
What does the mod do, Is moding bad?
>>
File: none.png (132KB, 382x319px) Image search: [Google]
none.png
132KB, 382x319px
>>13570163
>>
>>13570017
Go to options, graphic settings, hacks and then slide the texture cache accuracy to safe.
>>
>>13568550
The Platohedron!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oKnziHF2Q
>>
File: PREDICTABO.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
PREDICTABO.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>13569368
YOU CANNOT!

ESCAPE FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM DES
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (85KB, 800x1062px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
85KB, 800x1062px
>>13570577
REP-PU-KEN!
>>
>It's been nearly a year since Z3.2 was announced

Man, time sure goes by fast, huh?
>>
File: 76153998.Z0uJfsh5.jpg (54KB, 739x800px) Image search: [Google]
76153998.Z0uJfsh5.jpg
54KB, 739x800px
>>13570713
DABOWL REPPUKEN
>>13570727
No kidding

>1999 was 17 years ago
>>
>>13570737
Hold on a sec, Geese have teeth on their tongues?
>>
File: Geese.png (221KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
Geese.png
221KB, 600x403px
>>13570748
Yeah son.
They look pretty mean too.
They're actually pretty mean animals too, fuck geese.
>>
File: rugal.png (621KB, 630x800px) Image search: [Google]
rugal.png
621KB, 630x800px
GEESE!
TURIPARU REPPUKEN!!
PARUS GENOCIDE CUTTA!
>>
>>13570737
>>13570754

And nature once more finds a way to surprise me
>>
File: HEY YOU.jpg (21KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
HEY YOU.jpg
21KB, 210x240px
>>13570778
HEY YOU!

COME ON COME ON!

RAISINE TACO

GET SIRIUS!
>>
>>13570789
I kinda wish there was a good soundboard for Terry, just to amuse myself with his hilarious Engrish.
>>
File: Terry.Bogard.full.1363206.jpg (138KB, 1063x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Terry.Bogard.full.1363206.jpg
138KB, 1063x1117px
>>13570793
You can extract and sample his Capcom VS SNK 2 voice clips and have fun with LMMS or whatever music program you like.
It's pretty fun.

You can also find some decent quality files on youtube if you don't want to go through the hassle of extracting files from an iso.

I rarely do it myself because I end up playing every single note at random while laughing like a retard for hours.

Imagine Terry and Hibiki clips.
Also, obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0kufx74Io
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (95KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
95KB, 465x700px
>>13570789
COME ON!
RAAAGIN STORUMUUUUUU!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4YGVtFe6JI
>>
>>13570793
There was also Garou Mark of Wolves which had some pretty high quality clips of Terry's quotes.
>>
>>13570821
PREDICTABO!
>>
>>13570261
so sad, i only wish for a new srw announcment for christmas
>>
>>13570230
Anyone else try this out? I forgot to save down my userID, so I'm screwed if I mess up the update.
>>
Holy crap, 10 Omega Crystals for the update. That puts me up to 48.

>Game adds more SSRs
>Still no C/UC/R
OH COME THE FUCK ON.
>>
>>13570901
Oh, they fixed the "Drop Complete" mission, too. It used to be that you had to get the number listed every time (so 5 times, 10 times, 15 times, etc), but now it does landmarks of 5, and it's retroactive, so if you got a lot of them like I did, prepare yourself for a LOT of AP Recoveries.
>>
Alright, my copy of OG Infinite Battle reached my country! Took 6 days. Let's see how long until it reaches my doorstep.
>>
File: 1415584016515.png (347KB, 976x475px) Image search: [Google]
1415584016515.png
347KB, 976x475px
>>13570938
It'll take another 6 days.
>>
>/srwg/ - SNK sound clips general
>>
>>13570956
Why not? We've been YGO and 2hu generals as well.
>>
>>13570972
Don't forget Fire Emblem and Castlevania
>>
File: evil-wufei2.png (347KB, 577x452px) Image search: [Google]
evil-wufei2.png
347KB, 577x452px
>>13570979
And Suikoden.
>>
>>13570979
We're a better /feg/ than /feg/ at least.
>>
Huh. The CCA event gacha doesn't have eighty thousand Gekkas in the R pool. Just Kallen, Zero, and Todoh. Although I doubt I'd get the Nu if I spun that wheel.

>>13570987
I shouldn't be laughing this hard, but I know you're right.
>>
File: AXEL.jpg (81KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
AXEL.jpg
81KB, 512x511px
>Bought Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 because is 5 euros on Steam
>In the first chapter the MC has lost her memories
>first battle
>she goes full KORE GA
>mfw
>>
>>13571025
Does she DEEEEEEEEEEYAAAH?
>>
File: 2014-12-15-004133.jpg (154KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-15-004133.jpg
154KB, 960x544px
>>13571025
And then you have this.
>>
>>13571025
Doesn't the little girl that's supposed to be Bamco have a mask that looks like Banpresto's logo sometime?
>>
>>13571025
Do other people recommend it? I've heard good things, but I don't know if I have the time to play this. $12 for the game and DLC sounds like a good deal though.

>>13570230
Just updated. It works fine. Also, My 50 day login bonus was the same day as the update bonus, so I got 15 crystals.
>>
>>13571126
>so I got 15 crystals.
And Drop Complete missions got me to a total mission milestone, which got me another 5 crystals. Damn, today was nice.
>>
>>13571126
>Do other people recommend it?
I think it's worth playing. If you've got $12 you might as well go for it.
>>
>>13571034
Sadly no
>>13571036
I forgot about that, she says that during the tutorial.
>>13571112
Don't know i've not encountered her yet
>>13571126
I'm 3 hours in and is one of the comfiest games that I've ever played. Also from what I saw most of the DLC are costumes and characters from Neptunia 2 and 3 plus some quests, so if I were you I would buy only the main game.
>>
>>13571025
>>13571036
>>13571177
Is the appeal of those games merely "cute girls!"?
>>
File: CFW_Brave.jpg (249KB, 782x662px) Image search: [Google]
CFW_Brave.jpg
249KB, 782x662px
Rebirth 2 has /m/'s favorite nep.
>>
>>13571206
>>13571206

New Thread
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.