[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books will convince me to get /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1481089998087.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481089998087.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
What books will convince me to get /fit/?
>>
starting strength by mark rippletits

>>>/fit/
>>
>>9812362
I'm not looking for training programs, rather biographies or other books which touch upon getting fit/sports and the like.
>>
>>9812373
The classic is Confessions of a Mask first and then Sun and Steel. Also reading Plutarch on the Spartan leaders is inspiring, and Les Miserables
>>
What books will make me lose my shyness of my own body and of what /fit/ people would think of me in the gym? I'm too afraid of going there and everyone starting to judge me in their own thoughts because I'm too skinny.
>>
>>9812357
DBZ manga.
>>
>>9812386
As something of a gym rat, let me assure you.

No one cares about entry level guys unless they do something to deserve it, like screaming or throwing up all the time or doing loud dangerous exercises. This is because everyone was a beginner once.

We had one girl who literally looked like the victim of an acid attack who could only do cable work with one side of her body, and everybody helped her.
>>
File: 1492724829200.jpg (86KB, 848x449px) Image search: [Google]
1492724829200.jpg
86KB, 848x449px
>>9812386
Anything that gets you away from the computer for an hour so that you can realise that no one cares
>>
>>9812392
You might be a good bloke to ask man. Thinking about heading into the pcyc on Monday. 110kg heavy smoker. 6'1

What should I try to do on my first couple of weeks?

inb4 /fit/ they just tease me
>>
>>9812403
quit smoking
download stronglifts 5x5 apps
watch rippetoe videos on how to do the movements on art of manliness
do 100 pushups a day
start all exercises with as many sets of pullups as you can
stabilize your diet, i recommend a decent paleo diet with at least 100g of protein a day.
>>
Did you guys go to the nutritionist before deciding to going to the gym seriously?
>>
>>9812413
Eh its pretty full on mate.

Looking to drop about 20 kg

Scitzo so quitting smokings a big ask until things calm down

I'll give it a look though
>>
>>9812421
who cares if you have mental illness. transfer your addiction to fitness. It works for junkies, do it for you. It isnt a "diet" its a lifestyle change.

>>9812420
/fit/ sticky has a solid section on diet. so no
>>
>>9812433
You'd rather believe in 4chan than a nutritionist?
>>
>>9812437
Its an outside source that cites journals and changed my life 5 years ago. Lost 70 pounds in 7 months, and am now about 80% same weight I was before except with no gut and can press 200 pounds.

https://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>>
>>9812450
*OHP 200
>>
>>9812357
http://www.ashidakim.com/sotn.pdf

http://www.pauladaunt.com/books/Secrets%20of%20the%20Ninja.pdf
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.