[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Michel Houellebecq /ourguy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: mh.jpg (19KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
mh.jpg
19KB, 620x330px
Is Michel Houellebecq /ourguy/?
>>
>>9784685
I've never been able to read Submission as an implicit endorsement for sharia law in the west simply because he tailors the novel to everyone who goes online to post tfw no gf with the arranged marriages
>>
He's really more like sluthate's guy Tbh, 4chan is too bluepill to appreciate him.
>>
>>9784696
*as anything other than an
>>
>>9784685
Great writer, but a bitter little man, scared of life and rationalizing his fear through "tfw when to intelligent to go out there and try stuff."

so yeah, probably our guy
>>
>>9784745
this
>>
>>9784685
> D&D bridge goblin
> our guy
>>
File: _1984957_michel300.jpg (12KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
_1984957_michel300.jpg
12KB, 300x180px
>>9784685
> be handsome parisian
> refugee crisis, hip-hop and malcolm x literally turns you into urak-hai
>>
File: shariah-law.jpg (317KB, 1000x632px) Image search: [Google]
shariah-law.jpg
317KB, 1000x632px
>>9784685
Yes.

Submission was great.
>>
>>9786249
I always wondered how Houellebecq could change so much in appearance. He looked like a good looking guy back in the day. Now he looks like an (ex) drug addict or (ex) alcoholic or both. What happened to him?

He seriously looks like someone who enjoyed amphetamines and hard liquor a bit too much.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the three of his books. Looking forward to reading the rest of his ouvre.
>>
Well he aint no Houelle Becq girl
>>
>>9784685
Michel your skin looks awful... eat a few carrots
>>
>>9787092
> Living outside Dublin, where Houellebecq moved from Paris last year, helps: he knows almost no one in the city and doesn't like to speak English. When I rang the bell of his suburban town house in June, I was the first person to have done so in quite some time. Houellebecq answered the door in stocking feet, blinked at me with his sad brown eyes and ushered me into the living room. He curled up in a chair with a pack of Silk Cuts and a bottle of Jim Beam and hardly moved for the entire weekend. He murmured obligingly in response to my questions, but finishing a sentence often proved beyond him. Whatever energy he had seemed mostly consumed by the quiet labor of existing. Houellebecq's wife, Marie-Pierre, came and went, refilling liquor glasses and emptying the ashtray. By late afternoon, the room was choked with smoke, and Houellebecq was no longer sober. Through a door, half hidden behind some drapes, was a balcony and directly beyond it the gray expanse of the Irish Sea. When I asked Houellebecq when the tide came in, he seemed taken aback. "I know it moves," he reflected, "but we shut the curtains."

That was 17 years ago.
>>
>>9784685
>I am listening an interview of him right now
so yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1YzH4nA6qs
( in french tho)

I was probably his youngest french fan for a while. A very ugly female teacher borrow me his poems in high school. Then I read all this books, then I was smoking like him like a retard.

I'vs also seen the Palais de Tokyo exhibition, and the room devoted to his ex dog. Submission is his worst book.
Idk if you can easily find subtitles but there is a few movies with him as an actor, like l'enlèvement de Michel Houellebecq and NDE.

For french lecturers the "cahiers de l'herne" about him is a must.
>>
Submission was a great utopian novel
>>
i havent read 'submission' but what i've heard about it sounds like /pol/ fan fiction, is it actually any good? is it well written or just controversial
>>
He's not that great, its just that /lit/ and /pol/ tourists don't read much. To them he's an outstanding prophet
>>
>>9784685
MGTOW for intellectuals
>>
>>9787159
BTFO
>>
>>9787623
it's ok, but the huysmans stuff are actually great
>>
>>9786249
> refugee crisis, hip-hop and malcolm x literally turns you into urak-hai
>he doesn't know

anon...
>>
Yes, women must be brought to heel
>>
>>9784685
>>9786244
He literally looks like a Goblin; people would take him more seriously if he didn't look like a Disney villain.
>>
>>9787711
More just atomisation senpai. Men have been warped by post-1968 sexual mores just as much as women
>>
I ain't no Houellebecq girl

No I ain't no Houellebecq girl
>>
>>9784685
you mean >>>/r9k/ ?
>>
>>9784685
Tried to read it when I was younger. Got bored by his prose and didn't finish the book. I might give it a second chance.
>>
>>9787650
There isn't a single French author that's "that great".

Desole, quoi.
>>
>>9787623
It's far from /pol/ fan fiction and would probably outrage some of the less self-aware ones due to its depiction of the right wing parties of France eventually allying themselves with the Muslims. The backdrop of an Islamic France is just used as a vehicle for the "submission" of the title. It isn't used as a dystopian SHTF scenario.
>>
>>9787623
>i've heard about it sounds like /pol/ fan fiction

None of the people who say that have actually read his shit. They're just belching out whatever histrionics they read on /r/books.

Most of his works relentlessly mock the shit out of the dickless nihilism that has overcome western Europe.
>>
I've read Atomised and Submission (the latter in French and the former in English, though the prose seemed to have been translated well since I got the same feel from it as I did the French of Submission).

After reading both novels, both of which I have found insight in and enjoyed, I'm worrying that he may be a bit of a one-trick pony. Both are very similar in terms of the characters and their predicaments, and theme wise their takes on modernity are similar. Houellebecq has got a fixation on middle-aged depressed men with sexually disappointing lives, perhaps because he writes about what he knows well.
>>
houellebecq's themes of sexual frustration are literally impossible for normies to understand but something hardly anyone else writes about. he's very good and perceptive.
>>
I often see Houellebeck being mentioned on this board, are you guys serious ? Here in France this guy is considered a bestselling author for dirty normies and pseuds. He's like a meme people read at the beach. He's the marketing embodiement of our long lasting tradition of "trying to look like intellectuals". Don't be fooled, please
>>
>>9789890
*left
>>
>>9790788
France is a nation of pseuds and their posturing literati can't be expected to identify literary talent in their own country. The fact that the French literary establishment looks down on him is an unintentional endorsement

It's up to us anglophones to decide which French authors are good as the French themselves are aesthetically incapable
>>
>>9787650
t. never read Houellebecq
>>
>>9790944
So much this.
>>
>>9790944
It is a nation of pseuds, that was my point. But you're wrong if you think that the literary establishment is looking down on him. The whole parisian ""intellectual"" elite is sucking his micropenis at every cocktail party (maybe less since his last book, it triggered some people). The sexual frustration discussed in this thread is just a posture. That's what he sells.

Still, he's also the author your mom would read at the beach, and this is not paradoxical because France
>>
>>9784685
No, he's a Roux de Poux
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 1536x1055px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 1536x1055px
>>9784696
He only got the wives because he was a successful professor. Most of y'all ain't getting shit
>>
Has anyone read platform?
>>
>>9792388
Yes. Top tier.
>>
J'ai lu Lanzarote, was pretty weak desu
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.