[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to kms after writing this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2781.jpg (59KB, 217x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2781.jpg
59KB, 217x346px
>she made a fucking straight-to-cinema film-adaptation of a novel
>it's just named after one of Harry Potter's textbooks which has had no fucking real relevance until just now
>"it's about the magizoologist that wrote Harry Potter's textbook"
>"o-ok we'll just cast Eddy Redmayne as the lead, and put Johnny Depp and Colin Farrel in the same fucking film for good measure"
>>
Why does it bother you?
If people want more HP universe flicks, they can have them.
>>
>>9615254
Harry Potter should be banned and JK Rowling thrown in prison. They CANNOT be allowed to have them.
>>
>>9615243
>>9615262
WHO LET THE BLOOM OUT
WHO
WHO
WHO WHO
>>
File: IMG_2783.jpg (36KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2783.jpg
36KB, 236x236px
>>9615254
Real image of JK Rowling expanding the Harry Potter universe
>>
>>9615262
It's a capitalism, friend. Unless it's hurting someone, you have no grounds to ban it.

Is Harry Potter hurting you?
>>
>>9615272
Capitalism is the foundation of the peak degeneracy we see today, appealing to it as a god is ridiculous and disgusting. Perhaps it's better to promote it as a cancer, seeing as it may be inextricable from our society save in death.
>>
>>9615272
It's hurting the ability of newer and even more enjoyable media from reaching the masses.
monopoly =/= capitalism
>>
>>9615279
No one is saying capitalism is God. The problem with capitalism is the that there is no viable alternative.

>>9615281
Monopoly = capitalism, but monopoly =/= free market.
>>
>>9615243
It was a good popcorn movie. No regrets.
>>
>>9615243
>>9615262

>several threads on "Waahh harry potter is ruining everything"

This board has been stuck in a mire for so long...
>>
>>9616843
I agree, it seriously needs to go stretch its legs
>>
You guys remind me of that time when that Dimmu Borgir album came out and every BM fan on /mu/ went batshit.

"THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE POPULARRRRR "
>>
File: image.png (425KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
425KB, 600x590px
>>9615295
>no viable alternative to capitalism
>>
>Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>It was a powerful statement, if notably hyperbolic. (Voldemort was a literal mass-murderer; Trump is not. Voldemort was a powerful dark wizard; Trump is just a Muggle.) But a forthcoming study from the journal PS: Political Science and Politics makes a better case for how lessons learned from fiction can influence people’s political preferences. The researcher Diana Mutz, a professor of political science at the University of Pennsylvania, found that Harry Potter book readers are actually more inclined to dislike Trump. This was the case even after Mutz controlled for variables such as age, education, gender, party identification, evangelical identification, and ideology.

Harry Potter and Being Trained to be a Mindless Consumer Pleb
>>
>>9617036
Reading good literature makes you more educated? Shocking.
>>
>>9617036
>university professors researching the correlation between Harry Potter fans and Donald Trump gets funding and published
>no Ph.D. School will fund my research in applying Wittgenstein to explain the ways in which deconstructionism has infected contemporary architecture theory and design
When I die you faggots better find my manuscripts
>>
>>9615272
Harry Potter is hurting me
>>
>>9618240
Are you trying to say that Harry Potter is good literature?
>>
>>>/tv/
This was unironically the best Potter film after Prisoner of Azkaban, by the way
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.