[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychoanalysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1490618321571.jpg (675KB, 2300x1594px)
1490618321571.jpg
675KB, 2300x1594px
Can someone help me out here?

Im trying to understand psychoanalysis and have been recently reading about Lacan online inspired by my inability to grasp some of Zieks concepts. I wanted some actual book recommendations on the subject.

Also I wanted to know if you guys would recommend reading Freud stuff to get a grasp of the field as a whole. I realize he is the founder more or less of psychoanalysis but I have been told that most of his ideas get either absorbed or thrown out by later thinkers.
>>
>>9527344
>Im trying to understand psychoanalysis
>Also I wanted to know if you guys would recommend reading Freud stuff to get a grasp of the field as a whole.

Just give up, you are clearly too dumb

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: IMG_3811.jpg (43KB, 326x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3811.jpg
43KB, 326x499px
Start by reading pic related AND a book about Lacan and his contribution to psychology, but do not read anything by Lacan since it's too difficult to parse for beginners.
>>
>>9527344
I think most of psychoanlysis isn't really a thing, but then again most of clinical psychology isn't. I think, if you are really intrested in a deep understanding intellectually and spiritually i would suggest Carl Jung, if you like a pratically tool I suggest Eric Berne. Freuds works aren't that hard, but you can easily get it from a summary. The communist "interpretations" of psychoanlysis are so far fetched, that mostly it's hard to argue that the concept is really recognizeable.
>>
>>9527380
I thoroughly disagree with this. For a comprehensive understanding Freud's writings are essential, as are Adler's, as are Jung's.

>>9527344
>I realize he is the founder more or less of psychoanalysis but I have been told that most of his ideas get either absorbed or thrown out by later thinkers.
Mostly absorbed, and often people misinterpret that AS being thrown out. But as the field of psychology progressed a rift has opened between practitioners and researchers, and the models for practical psychotherapy are still unarguably founded on Freud's (Inc. Adler's and Jung's extension of his approach) theoretical bedrock. To really understand psychotherapy, Freud's foundation is still essential to grasp, but know that his attitude and even his theories have been widely distorted by translation and pop-culture and so great care is needed in approaching his work as impartially as possible.
>>
>>9527373
Great thanks. Any book about Lacan in particular that you would recommend?

>>9527402
>know that his attitude and even his theories have been widely distorted by translation and pop-culture

Interesting I will keep that in mind. Are there any writings or on his concepts that you have found as relatively impartial? Or is it best just to approach his work from the beginning?
>>
>>9527503
>Any book about Lacan in particular that you would recommend?
Fink's 'The Lacanian Subject: Between Language and Jouissance'
>>
>>9527402
get back in the dumpster
>>
>>9527344

That article was prophetic. It's amazing how they managed to get it so right even back in 1991 when they didn't have the ability to Google the answer.

And to answer your question. That Penguin Freud Reader posted above is your best bet for Freud. Man and His Symbols for Jung. Dunno about Lacan.
>>
>>9527509
Sad!

>>9527503
Honestly he's written so much that it's not necessary to cover it all, but the Interpretation of Dreams and Civilisation and Its Discontents are good places to start in my opinion.
>>
>>9527503
>>9527836
I think the books mentioned by this other anon are approachable books for most readers, but I really think the reader I suggested is the better choice if you want to understand psychoanalysis. The reader is basically Freud explaining his theories to you the reader or to his corespondents. It's very readable without too much pain.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.