[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There is no reasonable doubt that existentialism will soon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sartre is a cuck.jpg (40KB, 472x294px) Image search: [Google]
sartre is a cuck.jpg
40KB, 472x294px
>There is no reasonable doubt that existentialism will soon become the predominant philosophical current among bourgeois intellectuals. This state of affairs has been long in the making. Ever since the publication of Heidegger’s Sein und Zeit the avant-garde intellectuals have seen in existentialism the philosophy of our times. In Germany, Jaspers undertook to communicate the principles of the new philosophy to broader sections of the educated public. During the war and since its end, the tide of existentialism rolled over the entire Western cultural field, and the leading German existentialists and their precursor, Husserl, have made great conquests in France and in America – not only in the United States but in Latin America as well. In 1943 the basic work of western existentialism appeared, Sartre’s big book cited above; and since then existentialism has been pressing forward irresistibly, through philosophical debates, special periodicals (Les Temps modernes), novels, and dramas.

Was Lukács right, /lit/?
>>
>>9427827
Please don't post leftists here. This is a redpilled board

>>>/leftypol/
>>>/r/books
>>/tumblr/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>9427834
Somehow redpilled has come to mean rejection of the truth. Go back to /pol/. This isn't a redpilled board.
>>
What does he actually have to say about existentialism? He's right about how and when it spread, but not he's really saying why, or talking about the consequences.

I've read enough of his repudiation of bourgeois literature to make some guesses.

Sartre's generation had serious tension with the mainstream basic bitch Marxists like the PCF and he definitely overhauled it with existentialism in opposition to them. There are certainly plenty of things to criticise about their approach, and the structural and poststructural were even worse according to many of these criticisms.
>>
>>9427839
>my opinion is the truth
Wew
>>
>>9427849

In a intense reduction, the system of Existentialist thought is anti-materialist, anti-Marxist and in denial of the true nature of reality.
>>
>>9427859
Why though? Sartre's existentialism was materialist or at least potentially materialist. The conditions of human life are social and economic functions. The "world" into which we are "thrown" is not some relativist purely cultural thing, it's structured by socio-economic realities either directly or indirectly.
>>
>>9427883

Sartre, on his bad faith idea, tried to show that admist everything wrong or opressive in our lifes, we can overcome this by becoming original and adaptaing our consciouness to realize that we, and only we, can make up our own future. I guess that this kind of system that prefers a neutral, subjetive transvaloration of self is something bad for Lukács. Or at least, wrong, since a pure neutral stance of life admist all chaos is something impossible. In an analogy to Habermas (which is someone i understand more deeply), i would guess that these kind of thought is more prevalent - we can become "authentic" only when we are working together, not alone.
>>
that guy singlehandedly crippled literature in eastern block countries when they let him formulate "marxist" aesthetics in 1930s after killing off the avantgarde movements.
>was he right?
get gassed
>>
>>9427908
>1930s
>eastern bloc

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9428644
>whats ww2
>>
Well more or less. Existentialism by and large has been cannibalized into every serious philosophy today. Because it's pretty iron clad
>>
File: wat_bulma03.jpg (66KB, 914x686px) Image search: [Google]
wat_bulma03.jpg
66KB, 914x686px
existentialism doesn't provide any answers. it doesn't make you feel better to know that others are also drowning in self-doubt.

still waiting for philosophers to make the world a better place. come on, you assholes, you've had over four thousand years.
>>
>>9428945
>dude freedom lmao
wow so ironclad
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.