[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watership Down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: latest[1].jpg (84KB, 416x670px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
84KB, 416x670px
Really an enjoyable read, I never felt the urge to drop the book. Definitely recommend it.
The third part of the book made me think of the Rape of the Sabines and the parts before it could be compared to Aeneas' journey, but what other references and themes did I miss?
>>
>>9418314
Gimme a tl;dr, Anon.
>>
>>9418314
WWII gassings
>>
I've read the book and thought it was brilliant. I've never seen the film however. I've heard it's quite the horror show. My experience reading the book was rather one of comfiness. Should I risk spoiling the experience of reading this marvelous book by watching the film?
>>
>>9419986

>unironically asking this question on /lit/
>>>/tv/
>>
>>9419986
Watched the film as a child, would still happily watch it as an adult having read the book in my early 20s. Plague Dogs is cool as well.
>>
>>9418314
Societal organization. Dictators, etc.
>>
>>9419986
fantastic film, a piece of art for sure
>>
>>9418314
Agreed, OP. Wish it was discussed more on /lit/. It's a well researched book full of whimsical and endearing details (i.e. the language of rabbits/the language of commonfolk animals, the fact that caged rabbits struggle to be assimilated into the new warren, etc).

The ending is a rare thing: endearing yet gently heartbreaking.
>>
>>9419986
Watch it. It is darker than the novel but it shouldn't be missed, anon.

The Plague Dogs is a film that'll fuck you up more than Watership Down ever could.
>>
>>9421309
>The Plague Dogs
You should read the book. You will read through rage and tears...
>>
>>9418314
>>9422720
Both GREAT books. Enjoyed WD more than TPD desu.

Any of you read Shardik? Reasonably good fantasy.

Adams is a fav of mine
>>
>>9422736
Plague Dogs is most likely the most harrowing book I've ever read. Jesus fuck, the fucking ocean.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Once I saw that Adams was leading us to THE FUCKING OCEAN, I started to yell at the book. Loudly and for a prolonged period of time. Took me one helluva long time to continue reading...and he fucking went there. I'm enraged and broken all over again right now........
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.