[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read MAUS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Maus.jpg (166KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Maus.jpg
166KB, 640x360px
What a great fucking comic book...
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>9352441
>t. Jew
>>
>>9352457
>t./pol/tard
>>
b-but the holocaust never happened
>>
>>9352555
>dozens of Allied servicemen who had to wade through Dachau all lied about it when they wrote their memoirs/letters home, and managed to keep the story straight
>>
>>9352573
>jews think getting owned hard is unique in history
>>
>>9352573
>what is typhus
>>
Read the Berlin Trilogie next
>>
>>9352441
>What a great fucking comic graphic novel...

there, I fixed it for you
>>
>>9352573
>doesnt allow Historiansfags see the evidence
>ignore science & logic
>psychollogy abuse throwing it on the face this tragic event blame it an entire country
>getting money for it even if you are not a, so called, victim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxFEtbawPCk
>>
What makes it so much better that it stands out from the thousands of other depictions of the Holocaust?
>>
HeeheeheeheehahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9353489
The term 'graphic novel' is such a meme
>>
>>9354220
It depends. Which ones did you like?
>>
>>9354220
It's not.

>>9354916
Primo Levi's
>>
No it's not.
>>
>>9354923
I haven't read Levi so I can't compare, but what makes Maus interesting is that it shows how the holocaust continues to affect the father and the and son in their relationship but also individually. Unlike Levi's, it's mostly a second-generation story. It's a good book.
>>
File: moorealan.jpg (134KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
moorealan.jpg
134KB, 960x640px
>>9354229
>It’s a marketing term. I mean, it was one that I never had any sympathy with. The term “comic” does just as well for me. The term “graphic novel” was something that was thought up in the ’80s by marketing people and there was a guy called Bill Spicer who used to do a brilliant fanzine back in the sixties called Graphic Story Magazine. He came up with the term “graphic story”. That’s got something to recommend it, you know, I can see “graphic story” if you need it to call it something but the thing that happened in the mid-’80s was that there were a couple of things out there that you could just about call a novel. You could just about call Maus a novel, you could probably just about call Watchmen a novel, in terms of density, structure, size, scale, seriousness of theme, stuff like that. The problem is that “graphic novel” just came to mean “expensive comic book” and so what you’d get is people like DC Comics or Marvel comics – because “graphic novels” were ge
tting some attention, they’d stick six issues of whatever worthless piece of crap they happened to be publishing lately under a glossy cover and call it The She-Hulk Graphic Novel, you know? It was that that I think tended to destroy any progress that comics might have made in the mid-’80s.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.