[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My favorite directors are Godard, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Antonioni,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: fav1.jpg (138KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fav1.jpg
138KB, 1600x1200px
My favorite directors are Godard, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Antonioni, Resnais, Melville, Fellini, Malle and Bresson.

Who are yours?
>>
>>9350495
Lynch, Coens, Anderson, Malick, Kaufman

you look like bait btw
>>
Nolan and Eastwood.
>>
>>9350495
Tarkovsky, Tarr, Antonioni, Lynch and Rivette
>>
>>9350495

Directors? David Fincher.
>>
Sofia Coppola, Harmony Korine, Michael Mann, Zack Snyder, Béla Tarr, Jordan Peele
>>
>>9350503
not OP but you look like bait you huge pleb minus malick

>>9350495
bresson should really be everyone's favorite director. antonioni is really inconsistent, but there's something about his movies i like way beyond 'movies' - blow up was really an aesthetic revelation. i feel the same way about michael mann desu
>>
>>9350495
"I want to seem cool so I looked up best foreign directors and copied their names"
>>
My favorite directors are those who'll make me appear smart and intelligent among my peers.
>>
>>9350512
Anderson is a bit plebby, I'll admit, but Coens/ Lynch are patrish. Nothing matches the variety, pessimism, beauty, and humor of the Coen brothers
>>
>>9350516
let me guess, you like pynchon and michael chabon?
>>
>>9350495
my tastes for living directors.

gold medals:
>costa-gavras
>david cronenberg
>terrence malick
>jacques audiard
>michael mann
>paul verhoeven
>nicolas roeg
>michael haneke
>roman polanski
>werner herzog

silver medals:
>jim jarmusch
>alex cox
>larry clark/harmony korine
>lars von trier
>william friedkin

bronze medals:
>john carpenter
>ridley scott
>brian de palma
>peter weir
>steven soderbergh

stopped watching movies about a year ago, but want to get into some modern asian movies including anime. also any modern experimental/video art suggestions would be cool.
>>
>>9350520

not him but really you're going to throw the pynchmeister under the bus with fucking chabon? or is this b8
>>
>>9350520
not well read enough. inherent vice was good, but not great, i liked the film more. i own chabon but he is too far down on my list. I like McCarthy, Mckenna, Wallace, dostoevsky
>>
>>9350495
>im a criterion slut

criterion is great, but it's like nyrb classics - ton of canonical shit they can't get that's just as good.
>>
>>9350535
terence mckenna? i like your style. you should check out david cronenberg
>>
>>9350541
his naked lunch adaptation is god tier anon
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
My favorite directors are authors.
>>
>>9350495
i love this set too - best for picking up 17 yrs old hipster girl

you know that scene from persona with sex on the beach? that's where i go for the kill - i must've seen this movie like 7 times at this point, with 4:2 kill ratio i think(1st time by myself ofc)

another one is the mirror, but b/c it makes me horny(af), and not the girl - first, the shower scene, idk, this woman is just so.. real? and ofc the final scene, where he asks her if she wants a boy or a girl, and she cries, and when i watch this scene it just feels like making babies is the most natural thing ever(it is tho xd) so you just turns towards her and make one(they are always on the pill, such a turn-off.. but if you don't ask you can pretend)
>>
>>9350509
fucking pseud
>>
>>9350538
Like what? I'm interested now.

>>9350546
/tv/ has shit taste
>>
>No one said Spielberg
>>
>>9350553
fucking laughed out loud
>>
>>9350495
Lubitsch, Chaplin, Keaton, Newmeyer, Truffaut, Fellini and Bergman.
>>
>>9350503
also, fav film is fanny & alexander, does that make me look cooler?
>>
>>9350554

>muh patrish
>>
>>9350512
whats wrong with Lynch, Coens, Anderson, Malick, Kaufman?
>>
>>9350548
So Krasznahorkai?
>>
>>9350555
Taste is generally irrelevant if you don't write some commentary to accompany it, especially on a literature board.
>>
>>9350555
that's not in criterion? barry lyndon, for one. but if you want some good shit, check out the old british show 'moviedrome'. it was a cult film show hosted by alex cox (repo man director) and then some other chotch. the listing of all the movies they played is on a website someone made, and most of cox's intros are on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kyjK214s-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNMi8fXi5Os

lots of great stuff in there you'd have trouble finding on any best-of lists or criterion. some really dope ones are 'electra glide in blue' and 'wicker man.'
>>
>>9350577
What book would you recommend?
>>
Dino Risi
Wojciech Has
Whit Stillman
Jean-Pierre Melville
>>
>>9350495
Isn't this an old Sasha Grey meme?
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/tv/81373738
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.