[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck do I start with the Warhammer 40k novels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Where the fuck do I start with the Warhammer 40k novels?
>>
Idk...not literature
>>
>>9320677
It is literature though
>>
A reasonable starter kit would be the Iliad, the Bible, Paradife Loft, and the Divine Comedy. Arguably Le Morte D'Arthur and Beowulf would also help your appreciation.
>>
>>9320670
Horus Heresy series then stop.
>>
>>9320713
Kill yourself
>>
>>9320693
You know how even in high school there are English classes and there are literature classes? Well turns out that was for a reason. See, when some kids had already grasped the fundamentals of english, they were capable and willing to study pieces of writing that went beyond telling an entertaining story, to tackle concepts and experiences that need finely crafted use of language to express.

WH40K is NOT one of those works.
>>
Dead Sky, Black Sun
>>
>>9320670
Horus Heresy. Horus rising, false gods, galaxy in flames, Flight of the Eisenstein and then Fulgrim than whatever order you want really.
>>
Read the Eisenhorn books. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend they aren't schlock, but they're probably as good as 40k fiction gets. If you like em, you can move onto the Gaunt's Ghosts series.

You should probably waste your time on better books, though. Even Star Wars stuff is leagues ahead of this dross.
>>
You'd probably get better answers on >>>/tg/ my dude.
>>
>>9320670

Ciaphas Cain.
>>
File: Commarrogh aint free.png (42KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
Commarrogh aint free.png
42KB, 853x543px
>>9320670
Over 300 confirmed finished Black Library Books here
>Read the First 3 Horus Heresy books, continue if you enjoy the setting
>Play Dawn of War + xpacs + DoW2
>Read the Eisenhorn/Ciaphas Cain/Gaunts Ghosts
>Read Path of Eldar/Dark Eldar
>Lexicanum
>Codecies
>>
Find an original copy of 'Space Marine', by Ian Watson. Start with that.

After the first edition (2002?) it was heavily censored to make it readable by the new target demographic of 14 year olds with big allowances from mommy and daddy. There was another book 'Inquisitor' written with it.

definitely get hold of the 1st editions, they're brutal.

t. original staff member before GW started sucking corporate cock.
>>
>How do I get into this series
>fuck off we don't discuss books here

>/lit/ - Literature
>>
>>9322994
Your third greentext explains the first two.
>>
>>9322994
>I can't into aesthetic experience

There's a difference between Genre fiction and Literature.
>>
>>9321304
This. Ravenor was sick as fuck if you can look past the pulp.
>>
>>9320713
>Paradise Loft
Isn't that a real estate magazine?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.