[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a bigger charlatan in human history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: dalai.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dalai.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
Has there ever been a bigger charlatan in human history?
>>
Yes Hegel
>>
Why are you spreading this wicked lie? I saw him on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and he is obviously a peaceful man giving hope to the oppressed Tibetan people. Free Tibet and Fuck Trump!
>>
>>9222986
Trump hates China though...
>>
>>9222994

Trump hates Good China that makes our iPhones, Dalai hates Bad China that kills muslims
>>
>>9222994
Doesn't mean he gives a fuck about Tibet.
>>
>>9222986

If only liberals knew Tibetan Buddhism is literally Left Hand Path Buddhism and the Dalai Lama's engage in sorcery quite often.
>>
>>9222986
>watching libcuck propoganda
>>>/out/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>9222984

Yep. Honorable mentions also include Lacan, Derrida, Deleuze and Foucault.
>>
>>9223146
don't forget Baudrillard and lyotard
>>
>>9222972
The apostle Paul
>>
>>9222972
Mao
>>
File: img_6932.jpg (50KB, 508x289px) Image search: [Google]
img_6932.jpg
50KB, 508x289px
a soft ethnonationalist isn't a charlatan to me
>>
I don't know, he managed to get liberals rooting for a closed theocracy that practices a heavily atavistic branch of Buddhism which incorporates ritual misogyny as one of its central tenets. Seems good to me.
>>
File: religionofpeace.jpg (165KB, 448x624px) Image search: [Google]
religionofpeace.jpg
165KB, 448x624px
>>9223076
Have you been to a Tibetan Buddhist temple? Their depictions of Hell are fucking terrifying. Tibetans believe that every minor moral slight you commit in this life is mirrored in a kind of purgatory, where, in your own mind, you are ritualistically tortured by Yama the God of death for your imperfections. It's actually slightly funny, given the deep hatred many must naturally feel for the plight of their country coupled with the belief that all of those emotions will be met with extreme violence during their death. And if they were to get annoyed at that, well - you can see the Catch 22.

I think however, the Buddha's ideas of nothingness are incredibly beautiful. The introspective psychology that Buddha showed (and it's influences from the Upanishads) genuinely rival the 20th C discoveries of the subconscious and rural Buddhist societies - for the most part - have an incredible sense of happiness to them.

I would like to have tea with the Dalai Lama. Even if he is totally deluded, his approach to the issues of life is wise.
>>
>>9222986
>>9223121
> people actually hating on the gay harry potter

Go back to your Breitbarts and support your gay paedophiles like MILO. Trump has been such a great influence on our country so far, drain the swamp am I right????
>>
>>9223400
Read "in the shadow of the dalai lama"

It's a gay, perfidious book meant to shame the Tibetans because they do not participate in the bloodless, gynokratic-humanist carnival of the modern west, but it still offers some very interesting glimpses into the peculiarities of their branch of Buddhism.

People often have an absolutely unrealistic idea of both Tibet and Buddhism, even those who are somewhat familiar with these things themselves. The Tibetans, who are not stupid, are happy to play on these perceptions to garner the sympathy of westerners
>>
>>9223146
>Foucault.
may I ask why?
>>
>>9223536
I spent a lot of time in Tibetan refugee settlements in Nepal and India. They are some of the savviest buisnessmen you will come across and they absolutely fleece tourists and Indians alike with admittedly stunning jewelry. I spoke to a Darjeeling man and he said the Tibetans here had made so much money they wouldn't go home even if it was liberated.

I'm interested in learning more about the Dalai Lama. I've read few excerpts of The Tibetan Book of The Dead and found it incredibly entertaining and very dark. I had an edition briefly that Uma Thurman's dad wrote, who was a close friend to the Dalai Lama.
>>
>>9222984
>>9223146
>>9223158
Is this the thread where we post people we don't understand?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.