[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: breakfastofchampions.jpg (78KB, 838x1266px) Image search: [Google]
breakfastofchampions.jpg
78KB, 838x1266px
hey lit. I dont come here often but this seems to be the board with the most intelligent people, so please help me. I feel like my parents are wasting their lives. My dad wakes up, goes to work, comes home and sits on the couch on his phone for most of the rest of the day, while my mom stays home and takes care of the house. They don't argue but they just seem like they don't care about eachother but they say they do. When my mom isn't occupying herself with a project decorating our home (like buying a bathtub that we don't need) she is on her phone or watching shitty tv shows, like the real housewives or the kardashians, or one of the home makeover shows. At least 1-2 hours a day is spent watching these, which i feel is such a waste of time, especially considering that whenever i ask a real question which is meant to initiate an actual thought provoking conversation the answer is ALWAYS, yes, no, maybe, or i dont know, unless its about how trump is so awful. My dad isn't bad though, he's just getting old. He takes us a lot of places and to a lot of concerts, he reads some good books (like pic related) and listens to some good music but he just seems so unsatisfied with the way that he's living, while my mom listens to shit like adele, and norah jones and other adult contemporary and reads self help books like "the life changing magic of tidying up." how can someone spend their life like this? I want them to change because i feel like they are wasting years of their life when they could be doing things with my little brother, who is going to have horrible anxiety when he's older. So what i want to know is, Do you think i should tell them how i feel? What i want to ask them is "are you happy?" which i know they'll initially say yes but im hoping that they will actually take the time to think about it and realize that they need to change. How do you think is should approach them? And also what are some good books that you can suggest for a beginner?-Yes i know the grammar in this is awful and yes i know this is cringe and yes i am in highschool but please give actual advice
>>
>>9103160
>please give actual advice

>>>/adv/
>>
>>9103160
fuck off

>oh yeah also recommend books pls
kill yourself

sage and report
>>
>>9103160
don't try to force change in your parents. They won't change. It's too long they've been set in their ways. Just let them be.

Deciding what book to start reading with is a matter of what you are interested in.
>>
make them go camping for long enough they'll have to turn off their phone. if they won't go >>>/out/ flip the breakers on your house and tell them you're having story telling time in the dark until they learn to family. it'll probably be at most a week before they dump you alone in the woods either way.

read more vonnegut, he's good for teenagers and old men. stop shitting up /lit/
>>
OP, what you need is to mind your own choices. sure, you can influence theirs, after some awkward conversations about how they're spending their time (as parents they will flip the intent and make you the subject), but it's pointless. the fact of it is you're young and your opinions about shit and general knowledge of what to shoot for in terms of actually constructive individual-group correspondence is hella lacking.
judge not lest ye be judged. speaking of which, how do you judge yourself? are you a disciplined student/athlete/artist?
>>
>>9103160
too crude situation. you can tell this to your parents. but they are going to be more aware about you insinuating they arent happy than the possible fact that they arent happy. they gonna feel judged and i doubt they gonna step back of that feeling.
anyway, do it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.