[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: QYPlmPQ.png (20KB, 638x547px) Image search: [Google]
QYPlmPQ.png
20KB, 638x547px
I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't give a shit about all the boring as fuck turgid classics novels or philosophical works. But if I don't read them then I'll be considered a pleb.

I know before reading it that The Republic will have one particular point of view out of infinitely many and will be filled with trivial insights and stupid assertions. Why the fuck do I need to slog through it?
I know beforehand that Nietzche is a Mr Motivator for pseudo intellectuals.

I know that all of Dostoevsky's long books are boring as fuck. I know his "profound philosophical insights" will be worthless shit and trivial and probably have mostly been invented by people writing "literary interpretations" (e.g., bullshit, and I'll be criticised for saying that).

Forcing myself through Nicholas Nickleby caused me to read less than 10 books in a year. And I didn't even finish Nicholas Nickleby. It was horrifically dull. I can't believe Dickens gets praised for this. It fully confirms the idea that literature is a dead medium that is used mainly as a social signalling mechanism for pseudo intellectuals.
>>
>>9097941
How many threads a day do you make?

Why haven't you killed yourself yet? You are leading the most pathetic life imaginable.

Go suck off the exhaust pipe of your mum's car
>>
>>9097941
I suspect some people you respect and admire value some of these books. Why do you think that is? Could it be that you're missing something? Might it be worthwhile to try and find out just what it is?

If, on the other hand, no one you respect and admire values these books, skip them. Why would you care about being considered a pleb by people you don't respect and admire?
>>
>>9097941
read lysistrata. if you don't like dick jokes then you're basically already dead and just need to finish the job.
>>
>>9097941
Jeez man, if you don't like literature don't read it.

But also, don't post on this board if you don't like literature.
>>
Hmm, I think I have just the book for you. It's full of unexpected insights and it's tons of fun to read. The title is "my dick' and you read it with your mouth instead of your eyes.
>>
You make this shitty thread every day. You know, I'm starting to suspect you don't like reading books at all!
>>
>>9098004
He has, like, 10 different pastas he posts every single day and has done so for at least 6 months.

What an absolute loser
>>
>>9097941
Why do you care whether anonymous people on the internet consider you a pleb? Stuff like that is a meme to keep a cohesive board culture. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>9097941
Read the meme trilogy and branch off from there
Not even memeing, at least one will draw you into literature
>>
>>9097941
>>>/tv/
>>>/v/
>>>/b/
>>
Oh hey, did you not post a thread yesterday or did I just miss the opportunity to report it? Gargle buckshot, faggot.
>>
>>9098192
If you type "sage" in the options field, your post won't bump the thread to the top
>>
>>9097960
>How many threads a day do you make?
Better question is how much he gets paid per
>>
What's happejing
>>
>>9098192
>Reporting threads
Kill yourself you bootlicking cuck.
>>
>>9098224

No u lol
>>
>>9097941
I'm reading demons for the first time and I gotta say I like it also why do you care what people you don't even know think? You're a fucking fagget, neck yourself.
>>
>>9097941
Just read fun Christian writers like Chesterton and Greene.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.