[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /lit/ recommend any books on learning the Russian language?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: RussianFlag-Language.jpg (31KB, 388x260px) Image search: [Google]
RussianFlag-Language.jpg
31KB, 388x260px
Can /lit/ recommend any books on learning the Russian language?

I love Russian literature, and their culture in general. I feel like I'd get a lot more from all of it if I actually knew the language itself.
>>
>>9029655
Bang out Cyrillic in an hour from Wikipedia. You'll get it immediately.
Duolingo
Graded Russian Reader I-V
>>
>>9029655
Fucking DL Rosetta Stone, bitch.
>>
>>9029655
Take a course. Assuming you're a native English speaker, learning from a book won't get you very far.
>>
>their culture in general
Yeah, I think everyday of a way to get the fuck out of this wondrous culture, blyad.
Anyways, the best method is to cram all declensions and conjugations (and there are many) until you can recognize them on the fly, then anki 600-700 most common words, again, until you can recite them by heart, and then just read literature.
Thats how I learned german and am learning latin right now, seems to werk
>>
>>9029655
Try using bilingual books.
They are useless without knowledge of basic grammar but with due effort will help you increase your vocabulary.
>>
Anyone else used this (out of print) book? Best resource I've found if you've got the grammar down already.

>>9029694
you in a major city or? I heard it's p normal all things considered in major cities, just fucked the instant you step outside of one, which sounds like anywhere else I've been
>>
>>9029777
Yeah, I'm in Moscow, but I'm hardly welthy enough to not get fucked by the crisis. There's hardly any culture to be felt, and the best-selling books are vapid nihilistic novels written by rich fucks for rich fucks about rich fucks' problems, like partying too hard
>>
>>9029802
Sounds more than a little bit like America, except sadder
>>
Anyone wants to talk with native Russian speaker on Skype? I have holidays now so you can try.
>>
>>9030673
you just want to hack me with one of your russian viruses
>>
>>9030673
Sure

I don't want to learn russian I'm just lonely
>>
>>9029655
You do realise this site has a language learning board, right?
>>>/int/
>>
>>9029655
I'm learning it right now and have gathered reviews of resources for a while, so I can give a little help.

First thing, learn to touch type in russian with this site: http://klava.org/#rus_adv
Read the letters as well as type them, and in a few days you will have two necessary skills (reading and typing) at the price of one.

At this point read image related (https://www.amazon.com/Reading-Translating-Contemporary-Russian-Language/) - it will give you the minimal knowledge required to start reading as soon as possible.

Now you can start reading (using readlang.com or a kindle, or any other method that lets you look up new words in less than the blink of an eye, because you will do this a lot).

If you want to go a little faster you should also start studying and practicing grammar seriously (the most revered work in English is Wade's "A comprehensive Russian Grammar"), but if you just keep reading you will eventually reach reading fluency anyway (I know people who do just that).
>>
>>9030673
I want to talk with you, but i have one problem here, im native Russian too(((
>>
https://www.amazon.co.uk/English-Grammar-Students-Russian-Learning/dp/0934034214
>>
>>9030925
id18220593
>>
up
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.