[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prisoner's Trolley Dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: prisoner's trolley dilemma.png (211KB, 1472x495px) Image search: [Google]
prisoner's trolley dilemma.png
211KB, 1472x495px
>>
>>8963030
green trolley kills the family
white trolley kills the second family

both trolley collides in the middle

mr. Greene and mr. White fight to death

kek watches over them and feeds on the chaos
>>
>>8963030
They both pull the lever, it's not that difficult
>>
>>8963030
>>>/n/
>>
I just wouldn't pull the lever, making my chances of survival 100%. I guess I don't like playing with the odds when it comes to death.
>>
>>8963113
Shit I guess I read it wrong
In that case I would pull the lever just to fuck over the other guy since he will inevitably pull the lever as well. This isn't really a good dilemma
Because not pulling the lever will get you fucked over either way.
>>
>>8963113
>>8963132
Are you seriously telling me that you aren't familiar with the prisoners dilemma?
>>
Can Mr. Green and Mr. white communicate? If so the clear answer is that neither of them pull the level.
>>
>>8963140
You're the one that isn't aware of the prisoners dilemma, fuckwit.
>>
>>8963167
No, it's still much the same when you get down to it.
>>
>>8963180
In the original prisoners dilemma the goal is to get both of them to not confess, so they both only spend one year in prison.

Both confess:20 years each.
One confesses: he goes free, other gets life.

In this scenario, if they both don't pull the lever, both of their families die. How is that the equivalent of both getting one year.

If one pulls the lever, they and their family survive while the others doesn't. This actually makes sense when compared to the prisoners dilemma.

And if both pull, everyone dies?
This doesn't make sense because in the prisoners dilemma, both confessing ends in twenty years which is better than life.
So it doesn't match up to the prisoners dilemma.
>>
>>8963203
The goal of the prisoners dilemma is to get them both to rat on each other, dumb ass
>>
These things just make me angry because I'm retarded. Same with 'there are three doors with nine guards and each 3rd guard will lie on the second statement blah blah'. Table-flipping mad to be honest.
>>
>>8963207
The prisoners dilemma is told from the point of view of the collective prisoners. Their goal is to get the shortest amount of time in prison possible.
>>
In any case, it's the trolley's fault we're in this mess in the first place; to pass judgment on either of the switch operators would be foolish.
>>
>>8963300
No, it's the fault of the entity that tied up twelve innocent people and made them kill each other for their bizarre psychological games
>>
>>8963203
Would you rather have you and your whole family die, or just your whole family?
>>
>>8963030
Obvious answer is obvious.
They both pull the lever; only two people die while ten people live.
>>
>>8963409
They both pull the lever and everybody dies, all twelve.
>>
If neither pulls the lever then the trolleys will crash in the middle, causing like ten million dollar damages and who's gonna pay for that huh
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.