[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/comc/ Day 20 The Count of Monte Cristo Read-through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Ali 'sexy beard' Pasha.jpg (61KB, 347x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ali 'sexy beard' Pasha.jpg
61KB, 347x450px
Chapters 76 through 80

We hear some interesting history. Then there is some PLOT and INTRIGUE.

>Ebooks and audiobook just in case you fancy a challenge and want to catch up
https://mega.nz/#F!NIcBwCYL!ZZo5gGqjat1yL_-RkuzZFw

>previous bread
>>8955452
>>
File: Chart V5.jpg (397KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Chart V5.jpg
397KB, 1200x900px
Chart
>>
>>8958653
Good job anon. Momentum really picks up the further you get into the book. I'm quite ahead now and it is hard not to get more ahead.

I might get to chapter 100 tonight and then stop, read something else until the 18th and then finish it at the same time as everyone else.
>>
Bump. Anyone around today?
>>
>>8960372

I just started reading this morning. I think I'm on chapter 7? Ebook, so I was going to try to hit around 10% of the book every day so I could catch up by the end. Probably won't manage it, don't know why I'm suddenly trying to inject myself in the middle of a reading group that has been going on for nearly a month.

Does anybody usually participate in these threads anyways? They always look pretty empty, but I guess it is an excuse to read some books that people are supposedly reading along with together.
>>
>>8960399

Oh yeah, Danglars a shit. Edmond is a beautiful baby that never dun nuffin.
>>
>>8960399
Some days there are only 4 of us bumping, then on others we get around 13 posters.

If I had to guess I'd say there are probably 10 of us still going but not everyone posts every day. I'll take another poll before the last catch up break, then another at the end to see how successful this was.

I think your blitz is definitely doable. There is a big shift in characters and time period that takes place around page 300 which made me slow down a bit, but once you push through it gets very compelling again.
>>
Dantes is accomplishing poetic justice instead of pure revenge.

The example is what happens to Caderousse. The passive role Caderousse had in Dantes imprisonment, not telling people about Danglars and Fernand, have a parallel with the diamond that Dantes gave to him. "If he is really innocent, then what he will do with this gift won't bring him doom", its like Dantes is thinking.
He hadn't take action in the past, so now he will die by his own actions if he is guilt.
>>
>>8960995
Massive spoilers if you haven't finished the book yet

the diamond really is great symbol for caderousse's greed and guilt. His final downfall comes about when he gets hold of Benedetto's diamond. I mean he even uses that one to cut open the counts window, leading to his death.
>>
Checking in. I'm on chapter 77.
>>
I'm caught up!

A lot of people claim to have read COMC. In another thread someone said they read it in their teens. Are most people reading the abridged version? Or do more people read this doorstopper than I thought?
>>
>>8963824
Well, it's not particularly hard to read and teens tend to have more patience.
>>
>>8964086
A lot of people in the stack thread, upon seeing the size of other copies, admitted they'd read abridgements.
>>
>>8964524

I had to check that I wasn't reading an abridged version. Seems like there are copies floating around that don't advertise themselves as abridged. I'm reading Oxford World Classics and in the amazon reviews someone said as much.

This shit is long as fuck tho. Currently on The Smugglers chapter. Our boy Edmond looking at Monte Christo dreaming of revenge.
>>
new thread
>>8964935
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.