[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/comc/ Day 21 The Count of Monte Cristo Read-through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Chart V5.jpg (397KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Chart V5.jpg
397KB, 1200x900px
Chapters 81 through 85

Late thread. RIP character of interest. Please discuss the events pertaining to said character.

>Ebooks and audiobook just in case you fancy a challenge and want to catch up
https://mega.nz/#F!NIcBwCYL!ZZo5gGqjat1yL_-RkuzZFw

>previous bread
>>8959785
>>
>>
Still playing catch-up after first day of reading. Just got to Morrel being saved from ruin.
>>
>>8965502
The tension then got to me. I wanted to shout at morrel not to rush into suicide, like give it 5 minutes after the bell.
>>
>>8965502
How many pages are you reading each day?
>>
>>8965502
Best chapter so far.
>>
>>8965502
That monologue dantes did in the end of the chapter is neat. You could hear a guitar solo on the backgroud.
>>
Dumas still offers so many twists. Watching everything unfold is like watching someone disassemble a clock.
>>
>>8967899
Yeah, he managed to get my attention through the book, he is good.
That part were he used the pov of Francis was a little tedious in my opinion, but it was just a couple of chapters, so it's ok in the end.
>>
>>8968364
One thing annoying about the Franz chapters is the discussions he and the Count has are actually very important, but because I was thrown off guard by the PoV switch I wasn't paying as much attention. I'm going to have to go back and re-read some of those.

What did the Count say were his reasons against ever committing suicide? And what did he say regarding death and revenge?
>>
>>8965699
>>8967899
Yes, the big draw of the book is how the tension is always increased to the maximum possible height and then released at the exact strike of the clock. In the nick of the time. The Count is neither early or late.
>>
>>8968670

New thread

>>8968670
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.