[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wprg/ Day 17: War and Peace Reading Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: war-and-peace-tldr.jpg (157KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
war-and-peace-tldr.jpg
157KB, 630x630px
The reading for day 17 is B3 Part 2 Chapter 32 through and including Part 3 Chapter 9, pp. 855-906.

>Ebooks and audiobook
https://mega.nz/#F!4QVj1b4B!BMF7h3um_c5qWHQCP_aw6g

Previous threads >>8941152 >>8931680 >>8921520 >>8917387 >>8913053 >>8899565
>>
File: Reading Schedule.png (469KB, 712x776px) Image search: [Google]
Reading Schedule.png
469KB, 712x776px
Reading Schedule
>>
File: Borodino.png (142KB, 510x918px) Image search: [Google]
Borodino.png
142KB, 510x918px
Battle of Borodino
>>
He's really gone, boys.
>>
>>8948080

I don't read, but I will be reading wiki articles so I can shitpost.
>>
>'To endure war is the most difficult subordination of man’s freedom to the law of God,’ the voice had said. ‘Simplicity is submission to the will of God, you cannot escape from Him. And they are simple. They do not talk but act. The spoken word is silver but the unspoken is golden. Man can be master of nothing while he fears death, but he who does not fear it possesses all. If there were no suffering man would not know his limitations, would not know himself. The hardest thing (Pierre went on thinking, or hearing, in his dream) is to be able in your soul to unite the meaning of all. To unite all?’ he asked himself. ‘No, not to unite. Thoughts cannot be united, but to harness all these thoughts together is what we need! Yes, one must harness them, must harness them!’ he repeated to himself with inward rapture, feeling that these words and they alone expressed what he wanted to say and solved the question that tormented him.

>‘Yes, one must harness, it is time to harness.’

>‘Time to harness, time to harness, your Excellency! Your Excellency!’ some voice was repeating. ‘We must harness, it is time to harness …’

>It was the voice of the groom trying to wake him.

Unexpected kek
>>
>>8948080
Not really related to the reading today lads, but I bought myself a copy of the Cossacks and Hadji Murat today and I'm hoping there'll be a reading group for those after we've finished war and peace, even if it's just a comfy 4 or 5 of us
>>
Hey lads, /comc/ here. Since we are approaching the ends of our respective books, would you guys be interested in consolidating the reading groups? There are only about 3 or so anons in the Monte Cristo group so I'm sure that we could all agree on a book to read
>>
>Nikolushka is never going to hear what happened to Bluebeard in the end
>>
Only read day 16 now.
>an anon in the middle of battle
Pierre is /ourguy/.

>>8949217
I can't speak for the whole group, but i will surely enter another reading group after this one.

And i post on /comc/ too, though i'm not following the schedule.
>>
>>8948113
It's spelled "pol" little buddy
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8949217
Count me out. I just want to smash this one out then get back to my topology textbook and masturbating.
>>
>>8949217
Don't know what i'm gonna read next so it will depend on what is decided on
>>
>>8949217
I'd be interested. It all depends on the book though.
>>
Do you guys know what happened to the short stories group? It seemed pretty alive last time I was here but couldn't find it in the catalog
>>
>>8951422
new /ssrg/ thread >>8951620
>>
>>8951679

NEW THREAD

>>8951679
>>
Words read for day 17: 21,627
Time taken: 57 minutes

Total words read so far: 391,025
Total words in book: 563,286
Total time taken so far: 16 hours 40 minutes
Approximate total reading time: 25 hours
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.