[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Write what's on your mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 40

File: Messages Image(1012120547).png (231KB, 570x421px) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(1012120547).png
231KB, 570x421px
Write what's on your mind
>>
Op is a fag
>>
I really enjoy frog pictures
>>
>>8764182
i would really like a rum and coke right now
>>
My cat is dying, I have no money for vet.
>>
This was nice board
>>
>>8764182
I think I'm too awkward like I act too nicey nicey you know, all considerate and proper-like and way too analytical of everything when I don't want to be that way like I turn everything into a fucking Discussion and I think it's hard to deal with sometimes and draining. It's draining for me. Like I just want to cut loose and the other person does but neither of us are willing to be the first to metaphorically drop trou and shit (metaphorically!) all over the metaphorical floor.

I don't know what to do. No, I do know. I must shit. But it's easier said than done.
>>
Im lonely and would like to hang out with some friends but no close friend is available or replace that with smoking some weed but i don't like the cough i always get for a few days after smoking. At least this music, gould's 1981 version of goldberg variations makes me feel a bit better.
>>
File: Untitled.png (44KB, 502x419px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44KB, 502x419px
>>8764182
Im not sure if im autistic for feeling the need to point this out or if the poster conveyed their idea very poorly.
>>
>>8764211
Vaporize your weed
>>
>>8764194
I could go for a whiskey / ginger ale personally. Probably shouldn't drink four days in a row, though.
>>
>>8764194
I drank half a bottle of vodka last night and have been in a 24 hour recovery phase.
>>
>>8764224
>>8764230

>Drinking alcohol

Bye bye gainz.
>>
>>8764219
I dont have any weed left and the last time i tried vape i coughed harder than ive ever smoked. Also too depressed to gather energy to buy more weed or make editables...

>>8764218
But i realise online, this staring at the screen is just escapism and doesnt actually solve my emptiness. When i put the phone down or turn off laptop i reach this sense of hyper awareness and the silence and loneliness hits harder than ever. I love to dream while sleeping tho. But i have a hard time falling asleep sometimes.
>>
>>8764235
Where do you live
>>
>>8764224
>>8764230
Honestly whats so good about alcohol? It never was something i enjoyed, just made me more talkative in my attempt to fit in during certain times
>>
>>8764242
Downtown toronto. 2nd year music student at uoft
>>
>>8764249
Too bad I'm a few provinces over, we could have hung out.
>>
>>8764246
Drunkenness is such a pleasant sensation, I don't get how anyone could dislike it. Plus eventually you develop an appreciation for the taste. Whiskey / gingers are delicious, I could drink them without even aiming to get sloshed.
>>
File: tfw too smart for furniture.png (182KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
tfw too smart for furniture.png
182KB, 807x935px
I wish I could be more accommodating to the people I encounter in daily life. Were I capable of being so, I might have more friends. I don't have a 'social circle' - I don't even know enough people to have a 'social square', or even a 'social triangle'. A 'social straight line', maybe.

This is easier said than done though. I don't know if it's just the Dunning-Kruger Effect but in almost every social encounter, be it with fellow students or lecturers/strangers/etc, it feels like I have to 'dumb myself down' to varying degrees.

I'm 23 and have yet to find anyone with whom I feel that I can be myself. I'm not truly antisocial inasmuch as I have yet to find someone with whom it's worth being social.
>>
>>8764261
I have friends with whom I feel I can be 'truly' myself, but I've known them since we were children. I don't know if I could ever find that amongst people I haven't known my entire life.
>>
>>8764261
U can b urself with me desu. Itd start off awkward but then we can go play games or debate on philosophy together and rip fat bowls and wonder around the city in a drunken state and i would play my composition to you on the piano.
>>
File: tfw to smart to read.gif (3MB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
tfw to smart to read.gif
3MB, 500x540px
>>8764275

I only really had one childhood friend. I've never had many friends in general desu.

>>8764278

I don't do drink or drugs bro. Straight edge.

>>8764279

Why?
>>
>>8764261
>I'm 23 and have yet to find anyone with whom I feel that I can be myself

Just to entertain the thought: a lot of times, this is just an excuse used in order to keep a distance from people. The same way that a closet-gay virgin will say that he hasn't found any girl who rises to his "standards".

It's pretext, usually.
>>
im a khv and i owe it to r9k, redpill,anime and being bullied all my life
went to gym for the first time tonight tho
>>
>>8764284
Don't forget to start with the Greeks bro, your body and mind must be cleansed of that filth.
>>
>>8764182
yo i wanna watch a film someone w/ taste rec me a good film
>>
File: You can't make me feel.gif (54KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
You can't make me feel.gif
54KB, 350x263px
>>8764283

I don't want to keep a distance from people though. I just want to find the right people, or person.

>>8764290

I thought it was pretty funny desu.
>>
>>8764294
Lost Highway.
>>
I wonder if,

other

~p
eople
Think Like
Me©

I am sooo tir3d of being Alone.
I am soooo tir4d of being Loveless.

I wish,
I wish, (∞)
F0r 0nce,
I1 could get off the screen01010110,

and find meaning. Find love.

But no 1 0ne thinks like:

Me©.

I sing a song, inside my cr33py Head—
'Wish I warn't special.'
>>
File: Crashing this plane.gif (4MB, 375x221px) Image search: [Google]
Crashing this plane.gif
4MB, 375x221px
>>8764294

The Revenant.
>>
File: u.jpg (46KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
u.jpg
46KB, 600x402px
>>8764296
>You'll always be damaged
And I thought being a projectionist was a dying profession
>>
File: Muh stache.jpg (3KB, 105x51px) Image search: [Google]
Muh stache.jpg
3KB, 105x51px
>>8764301
>>8764298

Seen 'em desu. Liked both though so good recs
>>
>>8764303
tfw to intelligent not to have wojaks and pepes
>>
>>8764296
Stop bullying ppl online

>>8764300
Pooetic

>>8764303
I got a folder of 1.5k pepes
>>
I've noticed I'm unable to express even the lightest criticism about the person I'm talking to, even in jest, 99% of the time. I can talk in a playful way and make lots of jokes, but... I dunno. I can't put my finger on why, but I detest this part of myself. It's stifling and dishonest.
>>
>>8764310
do you commonly wear a hat?
>>
>>8764307
Playtime
>>
My life has improved ever since I stopped caring about what others think and started deflecting all criticisms as spooks.
>>
>>8764320
No i don't watch anime but occasionally fap to "sweet guy" when the chapters are good sometimes. I watch family guy/Simpson sometimes when eating cause i finished futurama.

>>8764322
No i dont like the feeling of hat on my head. My hair is thick

Any other anons wanna also post pic so i wont be the only one.......?
>>
>>8764335
Prepare For The Worst
>>
>>8764343
if they had better faces they wouldn't be r9k retards.
>>
>>8764343
>>8764344
Uhh.....t...thanks guys......
>>
>>8764338
This is not /soc/, son.
>>
File: r-qtr.jpg (33KB, 460x430px) Image search: [Google]
r-qtr.jpg
33KB, 460x430px
>>8764338
and stop fapping to sweet guys
>>
>>8764356
Im sorry.
>>
>>8764357
Its a korean ecchi webcomic
>>
>>8764360
I don't care if your guys are american or korean, real or animated, it's simply Gay.
>>
>>8764372
http://m.mangafox.me/manga/sweet_guy/
>>
>>8764376
No thanks, son, I'm straight.
>>
File: IMG_1364.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1364.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
Gonna start reading Moby Dick. Looking forward to it, friendos.
>>
>>8764246
I was invited by a group of qt females and got trashed in an apartment while they went to the nightclub
>>
>>8764386
Howdy hound, how d'ye go?
Book is Hard, Hard, but
Gooooooooooooooood!
>>
>>8764398
You're seriously fucked in the head if you pull this kinda shit. Fuck off, /r9k/. Go shoot up a mall or something.
>>
>>8764402
What makes it so """"""""hard""""""""?
>>
>>8764411
It was for sound's sake
>>
>>8764294
Moebius (2013)
>>
>>8764294
Incendies
>>
I'm a 24 year-old virgin. I was on my first date a few weeks ago. We met on Tinder, she seemed fun and intelligent so we got together, drank wine, talked about philosophy etc. She was great, but I fucked it up enormously in the end.

I still masturbate to her pictures every other day.
>>
>>8764418
kim ki duk, his movie about monks is better. like summer winter fall spring and again spring, what?
>>
>>8764442
Did you tell her you voted Trump?
>>
>>8764444
Holy digits..
>>
>>8764224
>mixing scotch
Only redeemable if you're anosmic.
>>8764407
Only redeemable if you kill yourself.
>>8764246
Top shelf spirits, save vodka, are the tastiest beverages in the world once you've acquired a taste. Beers are refreshing and relaxing. Wines can be both.
The main attraction for most is social lubrication.
>>
>>8764446
I was a bit tipsy, touched her boob, she slapped me.

>>8764448
Roasted apple seeds with a hint of salmon.
>>
>>8764463
I can't really identify with the /r9k/ culture, neither am I a misogynist. I'm just really clumsy.
>>
>>8764457
If it was mild boob touchage, you can still salvage it by coming clean. If you don't care about your dignity, anyway. Tell her you're a sperg and 24 year old KHV, and it took every ounce of self-control and miracle-working you're capable of to make it as far as you did, and your brain just overloaded and made you do a retarded thing.

I've recovered from worse. One time I got shitfaced, called a sweet girl I was FWBing over Skype, loaded up another Skype and called my psychotic drug dealer on it while she was muted but could still hear me, and talked to him about egregious /pol/ shit for an hour to piss her off.
>>
>>8764182
the stomach rumbles up some uncomfortable bubbles
im a loser, but whats really winning anyway
if i could sink into my chair, that wouldn't be so bad
where did my music go
>>
no hope
>>
File: Screenshot_20161125-050756.jpg (293KB, 1440x994px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161125-050756.jpg
293KB, 1440x994px
I wrote this on a previous thread and I got her number the next time I saw her. We texted all day and we stayed up until 5 on rabb.it watching movies and listening to music.

I don't want to get close to her though. Every girl I've talked to has been purely out of lust, but I don't want to fuck her either. I don't want to date and I don't want to be her friend. I just want to talk and make her laugh, that's all.

wish i could just talk to people and not have to commit emotionally desu
>>
File: 1465745128315.jpg (49KB, 447x723px) Image search: [Google]
1465745128315.jpg
49KB, 447x723px
>Write what's on your mind
Why is this and Chomsky threads allowed but Shakespeare, aesthetic and apologetics threads deleted?
>>
>>8764521
>>
>>8764510 Be warnèd, friends, for this his spoilèd text
Will make ye burst in tears of caustic laughter.
>>
>>8764510
>wish i could just talk to people and not have to commit emotionally desu
iktf
>>
>>8764444
Haven't seen that one yet
>>
>>8764478
I suppose it seemed more intentional than accidental to her. I wasn't able to explain anything at the moment. I could only apologise and spill spaghetti all over the floor.

>>8764479
It's been more than a month already, I'm getting over it. I can't even contact her anyway.
>>
>>8764538
That's a really nice accent, Anon. Where are you from?

i was supposed to be reading some novels over this weekend but i didnt plan on socializing with other people. shes distracting me from my literary pursuits lads
>>
>>8764529
Kys, my man
>>
>>8764442
It's for the best I think, she'd never fuck you anyway.
>>
>>8764529
>Shakespeare
Outdated, obsolete: irrelevant.

>aesthetic
Literally what does it have to do with literature or writing? It's an intellectual art, nothing to do with aesthesis!

>apologetics
>>>/b/
>>
>>8764182
Where did the word "dickweed" come from, is it a reference for some sickness that turned into an insult?
>>
>>8764597
i think it came from another word that sounds a lot like dickweed and some retard ran with it, sort of like "cockgoblin" that obvious came from some mong misunderstand the word "hobgoblin", actually i think there is a lastname that's close to dickweed, there was a pro skater with the name, and probably it does take much for kids on the school yard to turn it into dickweed
>>
For the last few weeks I've been drinking alone alot. I also have been thinking that I might have to go to a psychiatrist. I never talk to any of my friends about the way I really feel, and I always just try to avoid experiencing my inner feelings by seeking distraction. Whenever there's a day that I don't find anything to do I just feel really sad throughout the whole day.
>>
i have a super black friday hangover, i gave my self a budget of $1000 max spend, and i only spent like maybe $300 total, but i still feel like a blew too much cash, and i didn't even order books yet, and i need a new pair of shoes, part of that budget was a new bag too, and maybe a 4k montor and there were some ok ones on sale but i but i never buy anything just cuz it's on sale...meh, i donno, i know i shouldn't be so uptight about spending money i earned, but like i'm still traumatized by how shitty the economy was during the obama years and like spending anything more than necessary gives me pangs of panic for being irresponsible
>>
>>8764261
I think this is honestly delusion. You just have bad social skills most likely. Do you find it hard to strike up conservation with people, even strangers? If so, you probably need to work on that. You're not "dumbing yourself down", you're most likely just avoiding people. The true patrician can converse well with anyone he meets, regardless of class/race,etc.
>>
>>8764676
Are you Jewish?
>>
>>8764827
I'm a New England yankee.
>>
I hate being a woman. Every time someone bantzes women on 4chan, I agree with it, and then a bunch of white knights and thin-skinned bitches come and crucify the person, and it makes me hate being a woman a hundred times more, because I'm isolated with these shitty people.
>>
>>8764676

That is a lot to blow at once my man.

kek if you're spending hundreds of dollars you're not getting a "deal" anymore, you're playing right into the hands of the retailers.
>>
>>8764182
I will continue to oppose this board's principles that have deliberately taken away the precedence of literature's aim to enrich and makes sense of our lives and the lives of all that wish to learn - to elevate feelings of self-important wannabe cultured people willing to cultivate the image of some 'patrician' while not even having genuine love for learning. I know who you are and I see you and I see what you're doing. I will continue to oppose your principles and how - easy. Very very easy.
>>
>>8764853
that's why i only buy shit i already wanted...for example i needed to reup my apple music subscription so i copped a 100$ itunes card for 85 etc. and I got a nice Hartford brand sweatshirt I had my eye own for 30% of which was nice, but there weren't any deals good enough on the monitors to make it worth it, and i saw some nice bags on sale, but the ones I specifically wanted didn't go on sale so i sad fuck it...but my man "if ur spending 100s of dollars", uh, how do u expect to get a good monitor for less than hundreds of dollars, likewise, a decent bag is anywhere from $300 to $2000, i'm not buying some shitty made-in-china bullshit; italy, uk, usa or i don't buy it (hmm, i think montblanc bags are made in germany, those are ok)
>>
File: IMG_0914.jpg (806KB, 2000x1309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0914.jpg
806KB, 2000x1309px
>>8764841
Where from, friend? I'm considering moving to Maine.

Anyway, don't fret about spending money on things you NEED. Life is too short to worry about such frivolous trivialities. What's the point of having wealth if you can't spend it on anything? What, are you going to take it with you when you die? But it's always important to consider the context. If you're struggling financially, then you shouldn't carelessly spend money: spend only on what's needed and save the rest.

Incidentally, what I will suggest is that you spend your money on practical things, like books, stocks or bonds, traveling, etc.

But that's all easier said than done. What the hell do I know? I'm broke, unemployed, and spend all my money on books, alcohol and DUDE, and transportation.
>>
>>8764850
>I agree with it
cuck
>>
>>8764850
You're just a trap, you mentally ill fuck. Kys.
>>
>>8764869
Pirate your music, buy clothes, bags etc. in charity shops. The monitor is the only thing you should have spent money on and even then you probably didn't need it.
>>
>>8764873
>Incidentally, what I will suggest is that you spend your money on practical things, like books, stocks or bonds, traveling, etc.

i got enough cash in my brokerage account to qualify for a day trader account this year, not that i would, i just buy and hold unless the company is really fucking up, but i could, which feels nice, plus i maxed out my roth ira for the year, i think i can buy myself a few nice things, especially since the monitor and to a lesser extends bag/briefcase/whatever will be work related, i shouldnt feel guilty, but i'm always like "gotta have cash reserves in case everything goes south again!", i'm from massachussetts originally by i live in the nyc metro now, i never realized how much new england shaped me until i moved to edge of it, i guess nyc is still new england, but it's much more "worldly" in the big city, i don't know...
>>
>>8764909
>pirate music

i'd rather just pay the 7$ a month and have the whole apple music catalog available on my phone rather than dicking around trying to pirate shit off music blogs and torrents n shit, time is money
>>
>>8764916
basically everything is on rutracker, in better quality and should take minutes to download. I've never encountered a paid music service that comes close to the quality or ease of use of piracy. That said, I much prefer to actually have my music, I've like terrabytes of the stuff. Streaming just pisses me off, and I like having large base of stuff to sample from. Different strokes I guess.
>>
>>8764916
Are you stupid?
>>
>>8764941
dude, downloading a bunch of vinyl rip flacs off rutracker and copying them over to ur iphone before u go out is such a waste of time...with apple music u can just stream whatever the fuck ur in the mood for whenever u want whereever u want...i don't want to have to sit there like omg why is this bitches brew vinyl rip stuck at 99% seed u russian fuck! honestly music piracy is obsolete now
>>
>>8764182
I've been tired for a while now. I'm trying to figure out if I'm good enough to acheive anything notable in my studies. I should stop drinking. I should stop going out every night. Infinite Jest is pretty good, but it's a drag to carry along.
>>
>>8764957
You sound like an underage woman, stop it.
>>
>>8765076
dude, i used to download tons of shit and hoard flacs and mp3s too, but you know what, the other day i looked at the 2TB drive i had full of pirated music and realized i wasted my life downloading all that shit, since it's all free to stream straight to my phone anytime for the cost of an uber ride...seriously, you're wasting ur life being a crank and a cheapass
>>
>>8765095
right now i'm listening to the new armand van helden album that just came out today, as soon as i saw it got released i just pulled it up and listened to it, no searching, downloading, copying, etc. and when i get up to go and get some food it will keep playing all the way to the store and back without a second thought, and then when i'm done with it i can just move on to the next thing without a care...(inb4 armand van helden sux, ya. i know, but he's still worth checking, and honestly this aint bad despite the ridiculous cover art)
>>
File: 1478909701241.jpg (68KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478909701241.jpg
68KB, 960x960px
My shoulders really hurt from either today or yesterday's workout.
>>
>>8765104
>>8765076
these posts aren't me btw.

>>8764957
I don't have an iphone, and the last smartphone I had I gave away because it pissed me off too much. I just put everything on my laptop. Apple music and spotify are both really annoying to use and I much prefer having my own music collection. It's better in pretty much every way that matters to me, and I listen to much more music, both in terms of variation and time spent. Id actually rather listen to music on youtube than spotify or apple music.
>>
Today we put down the little prince. His heart filled with water just as he filled our hearts with love. We will miss you much Cody the dog.

Two weeks from today my life will either start or crumble down. The law is a cruel mistress and she expects nothing but all your time and attention. It is a disturbing mixture of inherent superiority of others and crippling self doubt.
>>
>>8765134
do you work your shoulders two days in a row?
>>
>>8765160
i used to use youtube for music, at least when i was at home, (the interface is shitty to deal with on mobile) but there are too many ads and dumb crap in the "suggested videos" sidebar, and some of the comments are fucking mindnumbning...apple music is nice cuz there are no ads, and no "social media" user created content, etc. it's just a cleaner experience, just music, no bullshit...still watch some stuff on youtube like boileroom, etc. but i try to avoid youtube these days, too much retarded clickbait shit all over everything
>>
I'm more and more certain that I'm going to commit suicide and it is starting to creep into every moment of the day. I read and I start thinking about it and then I'm talking to someone and it suddenly feels like I am falling into myself. I forgot what I'm doing and I can't concentrate.
>>
>>8764224
Whiskey and ginger ale isn't good at all. I went out of my way to try it on Halloween. I poured a 26 oz of whiskey into a half-full 2L bottle of the soda. It tasted fucking repugnant and I felt like a retard. Of course I finished it, but still.
>>
>>8764300
i kinda like this
>>
>>8765174
I actually worked my back yesterday and my chest today.
>>
hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat hat
>>
Ive destoryed my social life by embarassing myself and alienating my friends as a result. I went through a "red pill" phase where I constantly dropped knowledge bombs about femenism on facebook and my liberal friends got really upset with me. They were my closest friends but having embarassed myself when I realized how gay and annonying I was being, I sought further red pill enlightenment to justify my mistakes. After a long while I completely isolated myself from my only friend group and now I get really triggered whenever anyone disagrees with me.

I think I should move to another sate and start over completely
>>
>>8765591
Also, Ive tried several times to mend our relationship by hanging out like we use to, but its over. Its not the same. Its become apparent they no longer are interested in contacting me and vice versa.
>>
>>8765202
See psychiatric help
>>
>>8764182
i will die if i fight a dog
>>
I read so fucking slow.

I have to reread everything to understand what's going on.

Am I trying too hard, or am I experiencing my mental limitation? My gf can rip through 60 pages in no time and it takes me an hour to read 20 pages if that.
>>
File: thotsaintaboutit.jpg (41KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
thotsaintaboutit.jpg
41KB, 355x236px
>>8764261

It's certainly been extremely difficult for me to find women to relate to on anything more than a superficial level, but for the most part I *used* to be like you.

You just have to learn to socialize better, and drop the general pretense of thinking you're better than everyone else -- or at least overtly showing that this is what you think -- even if you objectively are. People can tell when you think highly of yourself and they think you're a snoody faggot for it, take it from someone who has been there. That said, it's still okay to be confident or even borderline cocky, just be okay with making fun of it and yourself, but not to the point of self-deprication if that makes sense. Socializing is an incredibly nuanced thing, you ought to use that autistic obsessiveness to master it.

Also, you're probably not as accommodating and friendly as you could be because you're depressed. I think if you fixed that you'd become a more virtuous person towards others, but now I'm just guessing shit about you.

I had to relearn to socialize. I realized that things which are totally trivial, banal, and useless to me, like my daily interactions with others, are things that people really, deeply care about. People love interacting with others and hearing of their daily triumphs and woes. If you observe what people think about and speak about, you can communicate with them by imitating it to an extent. You can learn to enjoy these interactions, too. There's something gratifying about making someone smile or feel good, whether it be by complimenting them, recalling a funny story, etc.

The key to this, however, is to learn this behavior without looking like a fucking autist. I used to be the kind of "what the fuck should I be doing with my arms" piss-bottle tier autist. Now I'm enjoying major career and personal success by virtue of the fact that I'm insanely confident and able to seamlessly interact with others, going so far as to make them feel good and wanting to get more of me. I even got to keep me autist /lit/ and /tg/ hobbies.

Before sounding too much like Patrick Bateman, I should add the caveat, again, that I learned to enjoy socializing as well, even when my deepest inclinations are to be introverted the the nth degree. People are interesting if you give them a chance, even the dumb ones. It just takes a bit of optimism (i.e. antidepressants if you're on /lit/) and patience.
>>
I remember reading a confession thread in here where everyone confessed that they secretly don't like to read. At the very least, it explains why every thread eventually turns into /pol/ shitposting.

Is there a place for people that actually like to read that isn't teenage girls reading John Green or old people reading Dean Koontz? I'd love to talk shit about literature without it turning into RACIST KEK LIBTARD AUTIST REDPILL
>>
>>8765202
>>8765617
ive been like this for years, if i wasnt such an indecicive bitch i would have done it by now

t. not him
>>
File: 1478630972896.jpg (647KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
1478630972896.jpg
647KB, 800x578px
Fidel Castro is dead.
>>
I missed an exam and now will very likely fail the year as there aren't enough credits for me to pass and go to university. I could go back and do another year, but I think maybe it would be better to forget and write instead.
>>
>>8766030
this is a sad day for cuba, and therefore the world
>>
>>8766033
Fuck off, Marxist faggot
>>
>>8766037
sorry for triggering you, m8
>>
>>8764182
Carl Jung stated,

"People don't have ideas, ideas have people."

What did he mean by this? Did Jung predict memes?
>>
>>8766099
He means ideas take on a life of their own. They spread like a virus and they try to survive. If they become strong enough eventually people will live to serve an idea and become slaves to it
>>
>>8764218
I smiled
>>
>>8764234
do you seriously fucking believe this?
please keep this shit on 4chan's dedicated broscience/momscience containment board
>>
>>8766030

Good desu

Lefties will of course hail him as a hero, but breadlines, GDP and standard of living free fall, and living in opulence while your citizens rot in abject poverty says otherwise

What's more, not denouncing a failed ideology once it has beenfully actualized is just cowardly and immoral

>inb4 muh embargoes true communism/socialism etc

>pic related, Cuba before communism

notice the cars still haven't changed

better dead than red
>>
>>8764300
Thank you, Bon Iver.
>>
There's no good place to talk about Christianity on 4chan. /lit/ can handle the literature and some of the philosophy, but can't handle the theology and the contemporary discussions. /his/ can handle the theology and the philosophy but can't handle the literature. /x/ can handle the miracles but can't handle anything else. Religion, in general, doesn't really have a home on 4chan. This didn't use to be a problem, but nowadays it's increasingly becoming one.
>>
>>8766118
not to defend castro, but you don't seriously believe that cubans were doing well under batista, do you?
>>
>>8766030
i thought they would never admit he died and he would just end up living in some secret location for hundreds of years, oh shit, just in time for trump to send all the cubans home from florida
>>
File: 1lbooks.jpg (2MB, 2501x3949px) Image search: [Google]
1lbooks.jpg
2MB, 2501x3949px
I don't want to fail out of law school on the first semester.
I don't want all this debt and to go back to a shitty job that does absolutely nothing for the world.
I need to tab my Federal Rules of Civil Procedure book.
Shit, I need to write an outline so I can write an attack sheet so I can copy it into my FRCP book after I tab it.
I need to go through every single case that the professor jerked off to some arbitrary piece of language and remember how to regurgitate it for that 4 hour ride of death.
My dog is dead.
my dog is dead again.
Why do we keep getting dogs only for them to die at a future point in time.
Now my grandmother is going to die soon because there's nothing left connected to my grandfather for her to care about.
God damn it how am I going to memorize everything for property when I have absoluetly no interest in whether a there is a joint ownership in a vested remainder where some fucking lessor decides to fuck up the water heater.
Holy shit my apartment is so dirty.
Why have I lost 15 pounds?
Why do I forget to eat?
How do I keep missing all these issues when I take practice tests?
Why can't I just read a stupid book without looking into it so much?
Why can't I just paint little miniatures without feeling a guilt weighing like a thousand suns upon me??
Why don't video games get me off anymore?
Holy shit my outline for contracts is garbage and that's the one I can take in to the test.
I want to actually know this stuff, not play the test game.
None of these books actually help teach me the things I need to know on the test.
I have to play the test game.
I forgot what it was like to surround myself with idiots. Do I actually miss that feeling?
Holy shit my dog is dead.

I don't know. I don't know anything.
>>
>>8764294
Pierre le fou
>>
>>8766140
What was your LSAT score? You don't seem very competent.
>>
>>8766140

This is pretty much gonna be me within the next 2 years

I can graduate with my phil degree and work a shit job forever or I can go to law school, get in tremendous debt, and have a small chance of not working a shitty job

In reality I'm probably just gonna end up in crippling debt working a shit job
>>
>>8766135

>doing well

Not necessarily well nor better under Batista, but certainly better under capitalism
>>
>>8766154
There are a shitload of people in law school who simply shouldn't be.

It's not even a problem of oversaturation, it's oversaturation of people who don't even want to be lawyers. It's incredibly disturbing.
>>
>>8764300
>Damn son you need to quit doing meth
>>
>>8766152
My LSAT score was complete garbage and I don't go to a T14. Complete waste of life, time, and energy, I know. Thanks anon! I'd like to take the time to apologize for my incompetence. I'd give you an excuse, lets go with ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 296.0 for now, but I don't think you'd appreciate, or really even need, any more character flaws at this point. Go get em' tiger.
>>8766154
What a fucking thrilling adventure of a life. Who knows, maybe one day after we fail out of law school we'll be department managers! How terribly exciting.
>>
File: lawschoolsurplus.png (34KB, 624x904px) Image search: [Google]
lawschoolsurplus.png
34KB, 624x904px
>>8766179

>What a fucking thrilling adventure of a life

I'll have you know that I'll be the most highly educated Arby's night manager in all of West Florida
>>
>>8764182
I just got my University results back for this semester, what a relief. The load has been lifted for now, although once again I feel as if I have done little to deserve it. I prayed to God that I would rise from the depths that I drowned myself in, the waters of procrastination and laziness that suffocated me. I put in no effort once again and I survive, I use this as a platitude that I must have some talent for my work to be accepted as it is, but I know that I am misrepresenting the true nature of my own complacency. I must strive to be better. I was a finalist in the University’s academic writing competition for this year and I know that I must win by any means necessary when it comes time to submit next year. I have an aptitude that must be fulfilled. Greatness is calling me, sending an echo that I must respond to, and this echo of greatness demands constituency.
>>
>>8766186
Part of the reason I'm not going to a more prestigious school is that I already have a network of attorneys and professionals in town. I don't particularly want to work in the field of law I used to work in, but automatic job security after passing the bar isn't a bad gig, and if I get a job in the field I prefer that's even better.

Though I always thought I'd make a great hotel manager. Please kill me.
>>
How do you stop your nuts from touching the toilet water? I always pee when I poop, at the same time, so my nuts usually touch the water, and I have to stick my penis and balls in the bowl to pee. Should I squeeze the tip of my penis to let my balls hang off the seat when I sh*t?
>>
>>8766216
Are you a particularly fat fucker? I'm mildly chubby, have been chubbier in the past, but I've never been truly fat. At no point have my balls ever touched the toilet water. I don't even know how you arrange that. Do you just have a big pair of balls?
>>
>>8766231
I've been trying to figure it out and I think he may have an exceedingly droopy floppy flabby saggy sack.
>>
>>8766199

I have no idea what I'll score on the LSATs because I've only taken a practice logic games section, but I assume it'll be one league above average because I always seem to be hanging one tier above mediocrity and one below recognition beyond a pat on the back and a "try harder next time".

But before I get to the place where I slowly tie the noose of debt around my neck I do wonder: How self aware are the others? You ostensibly, by not being at a T14 know, right?

These other students, they know that without a network like you have and without graduating first in the class they're not going anywhere but lower middle manage!ent at best, right?
>>
>>8766231
I weightlift 5x a week, so I'm not fat anymore. I don't know the normal length of balls, but I sometimes dip them in cups of water from a certain length away if that's any indication. When I'm in the shower, I close my eyes to not see the dicks and nuts of my friends.
>>
>>8764182

I've tried as hard as I could every day for years, but severe mental illness and being "unique" has hampered me every step of the way and now I'm so tired of trying that I desperately want to give up, but I fear doing something like moving to a small town because my natural ambition will shame me into killing myself. I'm a successful writer (not novels, but I wrote one that's hanging around), everyone says I'm talented, people like to be around me, but it seriously is this weird uniqueness barrier. You could say people want relationships, but no matter how cool you are, if they can't relate to you, well then it's not a relationship. I've been lonely for years and feel cheated out of the momentum of youth, since at the end of high school I got slammed with mental illness and was bedridden off and on for a decade. I want to be happy.
>>
>>8766237
The others are not self aware in the sense that they outwardly manifest it. Its a surreal feeling that I think everyone recognizes, but after speaking with most of my fellow students they are not out to join jag, or big law, or anything else of notable influence. Some are children of lawyers, some worked in law before, some just want to practice family law back in their little home town, the ones that don't know what they want to do yet are the most identifiable smart. Not necessarily in a gunner way, but that the ones that don't know absorb information at a rate far greater than everyone else. It's kind of nice in a way. By not being a t14, and having a t14 so close to us, everyone inherently knows we aren't the best. No one, other than one or two out of a few hundred, are exceedingly competitive. People don't hide books or refuse to study with you because of the inherent rivalry in the section curve format. It's almost a sedated underdog kinda feel.
>>
This board is littered with malignant tumors.

I sometimes feel enraptured with insane grande ideas and I'm trying to figure out how to express them in a sound way that'll be accepted by our times.
>>
>>8766257

That's both depressing and relieving.

Thanks
>>
>>8766257
As a person to soon be enlisting as a 35F or 27D with sights set on a T14 and later JAG, this made me feel very tense and may add to the already large burden on stress on my life.
>>
>>8766269
I know you're trying your hardest to not come off as a pseud, but you're gonna have to put in more effort Anon. Try harder.
>>
>>8766281
Why? If you join the military and don't get PTSD or some other strange anti-social disorder like my classmates who were ex-military have you'll come back with the most important skill in law school, time management.
>>8766271
I suppose it is.
>>
>>8766269
Don't talk like an ancient wizard if you want to put on airs
>>
>>8766291
I'll toss in a quick theory that almost seems intuitive.

I could just be insane though. I can't rule that out just yet.

I had just gotten into bed one night and I forget the context of the day, but I opened up 4chan on mobile and the second I saw the word autistic my mind started to wander and I arrived at an odd conclusion.

I feel as if all large infrastructure changes we make as a species serve only to detriment us in the long run. When I say us, I men collectively.

Take the interstate system for example. Food chains became very popular to those who frequented the early highways due to their uniformity. To keep up with demands they had to find a way to supply these chains with the ingredients they need to serve their customers. Fast forward to now where obesity rates are soaring, and mental illnesses are becoming more prevalent, to name a few. I'm too lazy to look up sources, but I have been through the data. All of it from years prior to the interstate system to the present.

Essentially the point I'm attempting to make is that the mental disorders and defects that can't be proven to be genetic may have a very strong basis in the way in which our civilization thinks best to progress.

The process of us becoming evermore interconnected seems to shroud the real solutions to the issues at hand.
>>
>>8766303
harder
>>
Link me a list that someone has made of good books that all share a central theme, please.
>>
I wish I could be less self-conscious.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 274x184px
>>8766306
Nah ya got me I'm just a useless pseud

Nothing going on up there

I bet I can't even solve pic related.
In fact, pic related is the perfect metaphor for my ego and social interaction
>>
>>8766056
It's okay, desu.
>>
Is a solitary life really wrong? Is a sense of belonging really important? Is alienation a real threat or not? People speak of these things and their relation to "emotional needs" but sometimes it starts to sounds like new age gibberish. Am I perhaps rationalizing my current situation by asking specific questions? I don't know. Most of the time I just create new questions without actually trying to answer them, and this just adds to my confusion.
>>
If the world doesn't owe me anything, then I owe the world nothing.
>>
>>8766351
I don't think that necessarily follows.
>>
>>8766350
Humans are social creatures, by posting on this Chinese girl cartoon website you are getting a minimal dose of social interaction.
>>
I've stopped going out because i get nervous about coming back home and worried i'll get stuck with people I dont like

I need new friends
>>
>>8766350
I find it interesting how your ask if a sense of belonging is truly important, but the ever increasing need to feel connected is met by those pragmatic enough to turn a profit off the desires of the masses.

Almost counter-intuitive, right?
>>
>>8766362
yes it does, the world owes you nothing and you owe the world nothing.
>>
>>8766303
Couldn't it be that fast food is poison and the mental health problems are intentional? While obesity is just...whatever. After you are mentally unstable who cared if you are 100lb or 450 lb. You are still exactly useless to society.
>>
File: 1480147321427.png (105KB, 954x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1480147321427.png
105KB, 954x1157px
Infiltration by outside websites is a thing and makes me laugh.
>>
>>8766412
>tripfagging
>reddit

wew lad
>>
>>8766408
The point attempting to be made was the innovation of infrastructure (the interstate system) could be playing a major role in issues encountered in society down the road. And we'll keep advancing. We know nothing.

But at what cost?

Isn't it possible that we may already be living alongside AI?

The outward announcement of public trends and desire to connect (interstate system, internet, sharing every lasting moment on instagram, etc...) causes people to conform in ways that seem like there may be a preordained motion of human civilization.

Key innovations only push us so far, but while we're being pushed along by brilliance we have to be sure not to climb on its back and ride it.

Cause that'll change its definition entirely.
>>
>>8765633
What books does your gf read? I can blitz through some Stephen King in no time but if I'm reading something literary or some hard sci-fi I slow down to a crawl.
>>
File: The-Cosmic-Eye.jpg (285KB, 900x624px) Image search: [Google]
The-Cosmic-Eye.jpg
285KB, 900x624px
I feel yucky. I feel yucky icky yucky disgusting and I have felt this way for a few days now. Don't know what's bringing me down, wether it's the fact I haven't gone out for a run for ages, I've been eating more sugar, I've been staring at a computer screen too long, dunno dunno dunno. Friday, essay due. 1550 words. seems simple. Haven't started it.
still have a table to do as well to go with it.
Haven't started it.

I feel like getting high tonight and being away from my overbearing mother. She wants to help, but being an adult and it still feels so suffocating. What's wrong with her?
She's not nurturing, it's just torture. Torture. Reminds me of my French assessment. Also this Friday. Haven't studied.

Problems that I'd rather walk away from, and sit and sigh for a few hours. Get in a car and go to the beach, or the forest, or somewhere that no humans will look at me. But I'm also lonely. I want to be looked at by him. He has red hair and I miss him.
>>
>>8764869

If montblanc bags are as overpriced and shitty as their pens you're getting jewed. Basically in the 1980s Cross failed to fully whore out it's logo, losing millions in the process, and so now everyone and their dog is making (overpriced) bags to sell to brand conscious consumers such as yourself.
>>
I'm reading Veblen's Theory of the Leisure Class, and it's making me think of various other writings I've read that are more or less related to the subject (Mauss' The Gift: The Form and Reason for Exchange in Archaic Societies, Baudrillard's The Consumer Society, various essays and aphorisms by Schopenhauer and Nietzsche). A synthesis of these ideas results in a very bleak picture of a world in which the whole of human life appears as nothing more than a pathetic struggle to reinforce one's social status. Whether it's enjoying a work of art, writing a text, deciding what you're going to wear, choosing what to eat, even having a conversation that on the surface appears to be based purely on a common intellectual interest -- everything is tainted by this desperate (conscious or unconscious) endeavour to be perceived in this or that way, and subsequently to enjoy the fact of being perceived in that manner. In the words of Nietzsche's Zarathustra: "You invite in a witness when you want to speak well of yourselves; and when you have misled him into thinking well of you, you then think well of yourselves." But it's even worse that that, because it goes beyond "speaking well," since self-deprecation can be an effective strategy for attracting admiration (as Nietzsche himself points out elsewhere: "He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted"), and since there can be an element of prestige even in making people dislike you. And further, it's not limited to "speaking" but encompasses every activity. The way you dress, the products you buy, the subjects you talk about, the people you socialize with and the manner in which you do it -- even in choosing solitude there can be an element of the desire to manufacture a certain image of yourself, even if that image is for your own consumption only.

Made me feel real bad for a while. Like, if humanity and its activities are ultimately this pathetic, then what's the point?

But then I was like, whatever. It is what it is. And if I can enjoy a great work of art, or a beautiful woman, or learning about a subject that interests me, or even just doing some pullups or "wasting" my time watching some funny video on Youtube, then surely that enjoyment I'm getting out of life is a perfect refutation of any notion of human existence as worthless.
>>
>>8766447
too love a masterpiece whether it be Starry Night, Jessica Alba, or a handmade luxury watch. I love discussing tops at the precipice of understanding where the next step is all but expected.

So why does that feeling that all we seek to be and the actions we take to do it outline a prophecy that only becomes self-fulfilled?
>>
>>8766438
Whoa, whoa, whoa. See a therapist, Anon. You're sounding an unsafe amount of scattered.
>>
>>8766494
>implying therapy isn't the result of the bottomline norm
>not realizing therapy only cages the bird
>being a communist
>>
>>8766499
Look, buddy, you've got to have limits. And it really depends on the therapist. Don't like the one you get, get another. I'd just recommend a counsellor or something; just someone who'll act like they're listening when you talk, like priests used to.
>>
>>8766500
I'm not the one you told to seek therapy, but I'm certainly not much different.

Why can't I be flawlessly mad in my own head and wear the facade of normalcy like everyone else does?
>>
>>8766494
I see a therapist. My writing has nothing to do with what's wrong with me except it's a form in which I use to express what's wrong with me. Can I have a bit of creative freedom?
>>
>>8766519
I was told by people who know me to see a therapist when really my thoughts run too deep to be deciphered by a therapist.

I have a few legal pads filled with analysis of my personality done by myself with the most attention at the extremes.
>>
>>8766520
>my thoughts run too deep to be deciphered by a therapist

This place is worse by the day due to people like you.
>>
>>8766505
>normalcy
>>
>>8766520
>I was told by people who know me to see a therapist when really my thoughts run too deep to be deciphered by a therapist.
don't bother with the therapist, skip straight to suicide
>>
>>8766523
I'm really not trying to look like a pseud
I have a long history of violent treatment and I was tortured and molested before.

The thoughts that bring about both my joy and misery are oddly intertwined. It's almost like Stockholm syndrome, if I was my own rapist.

That being said, go lick traintracks.
>>
ITT: alcoholics anonymous
>>
>>8766554
>4chan
>>
I'm so fucking depressed I can barely read 30 pages a day, and that is if I motivate myself to read at all. I used to read 100 pages daily like it was nothing, and still think 'I could read more'. But now I dropped out of uni because studying was too tiring and classes seemed to pointless, so I sit at my parents' house and do nothing all day. When I try to write, it all sounds so trivial, writing one good sentence is a struggle.

And everyone around is so supportive - my family, my girlfriend. It's like they are oblivious to how much of a lazy failure I am. Gf says that I should go to the psych, but I am not sure. I don't want to worry my parents, who always thought highly of me. Do meds and therapy even help?
>>
>>8764957
>>8765076
Apple music guy is right, the other guy sounds 17 and like he browses /mu/. However, spotify is better than apple music, I noticed apple music made some improvements recently but honestly spotify's recommendations are so good. Everytime I look at it theres tons of new albums in there and I always find something I like, some of them are insanely obscure too, it will recommend me stuff that isn't even on youtube. Apple music's recommendations go into the toilet.
>>
>>8766611
hit the gym. i havent in a whole but getting good looking always snaps me out of a funk. eat healthy etc
>>
My cat had to be put down. Something on his intestines.
>>
>>8766629
Sorry, man. God bless.
>>
>>8766620
Too anxious for the gym. I tried working out at home mamy times but I lack willpower to keep doing it after a week or two. I actually eat pretty healthy, little sweets, a lot of fruits and veggies, oatmeal every morning, green teas etc. I was thinking about getting up early every morning and run, but I'm afraid I wont be able to do it. I have trouble falling asleep and when I do, I sleep 10 hours.
>>
>>8766636
Thanks.
>>
the amounts of mccarthist propaganda that permeate the west became even more obvious after el comandante's death tbqhdesufam

this is the opening thesis for my book
>>
>>8766638
I exercise at home too, calisthenics. What I do is setting up an alarm and do it in the same days (mwf) at the scheduled hour every time. It's easy to try to postpone at first since there are no consequences, but after a few weeks I felt like it was just another daily bodily chore like brushing my teeth.
>>
>>8766647
Can you expand on that?
>>
>>8766653
I'm seeing people left and right ready to go the "Good! Another mass murder dead!" but by pure demographical distribution, there's no way Fidel killed more than homelessness or starvation on the rest of "Free" America, capitalism is so entrenched in people's worldview they don't realize political murders and criminals are still a thing over here, but Cuba was way better everywhere else, despite the draconian embargoes and lack of cooperation from the rest of the continent.

I don't even like Fidel, but to pretend the accusations of censorship, plutocracy and authoritarianism directed to Cuba aren't real to us too is being way too blinded by the goold old ideology glasses.
>>
>>8766671
Can you link me your blog? I can't wait to laugh at your book, better yet dress it up as a Sci-fi novel, have your pen-name's first name be named after a eastern country.
>>
how can I get over grief and concentrate on reading?
>>
I am going on an adventure and probably dying. I will die and sink down into oblivion and God will not save me even as I turn towards him.
>>
>>8766648
>but after a few weeks I felt like it was just another daily bodily chore like brushing my teeth.
Because there's no progression in calisthenics, it's an eternal strength plateau as the only limiting factor is your body weight.
>>
>>8766891
Maybe, but for a skeleton like me it helped a lot.
>>
>>8764199

>>8766629
>>
>>8764182
The first dead rising is truly my favorite game of all time
>>
File: 1479962942588.jpg (64KB, 468x604px) Image search: [Google]
1479962942588.jpg
64KB, 468x604px
>>8766671

>people are blinded by capitalist propaganda and ideology
>continues to circuitously defend a dictator with haphazardly thought up finger pointing and drawing of laughably absurd moral equivalencies

fight the good fight comrade
>>
I went to a coffee shop and everyone there was beautiful. It made me want to kill myself.

Then I went to a bookstore and the girl behind the counter was beautiful. It made me want to kill myself.
>>
the principle of identity of indiscernibles is true, fuck you max black.
>>
>>8767136
I work near a college, literally 9 out of 10 girls there are gorgeous. Fucking depressing.
>>
>>8767210
I go to a university where less than one girl in a hundred is gorgeous, maybe one in thirty good-looking, and the majority downright ugly, and let me tell you, I would like nothing more than for 9/10 of them to be beautiful even if they were unattainable for me. There is nothing more depressing than a room full of ugly girls.
>>
people frown at me now that political correctness is dead.
>>
>>8767241
At least you concentrate in whatever you're doing.
>>
the red hot chili peppers made everyone realize that their air guitar was actually an air bass guitar the whole time and they had just been playing it wrong
>>
>>8766616
there's more than two people btw.
>>
File: 1475954113195.png (300KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475954113195.png
300KB, 633x758px
>>8764182
spaghetto gozaimasu

EATING SOME KROKODIL COOKIE, FUCKING SOME JAZZ DROOLIE
>>
>>8764576
I didn't want to fuck her. I only wanted to eat her pussy.
>>
>>8767430
For her it's all the same.
>>
>>8766520
>I was told by people who know me to see a therapist when really my thoughts run too deep to be deciphered by a therapist.

what in the flying fuck
>>
>>8764183
Reee, etc.
>>
File: 1479376097997.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479376097997.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>8766520

Holy shit, we're quickly reaching maximum concentrations of euphoria and autism
>>
im so scared im gonna become what i hate. im scared my dreams wont come true, the little that i have im scared that none of them actually care like i do for them my brain won't stop caring i've tried to make myself stop thinking about her and them but my mind refuses is it my mind or my soul that's refusing someone said that im too nice but i dont see that i dont understand anything babby's first oops no fifth oops lost count existential crisis haha dude how about you grow up already lol dude fucking ihate you i come to the gym and i hate you and i hate me i see whta i could be i work towards it but you hold me back i hold myself back i just want to forget that she exists my soul is stupid my brain is stupid my body is worthless im weak physically and mentally no matter how hard i try otherwise i go to the gym ihave my protein shakes my back got hurt my bench is babby yet sometimes i feel good about myself sometimes i think its okay and cozy but its been the same day since 2016 started im gonna beccome a kv by 25 no matter what i can see it truly d ont reply just dont dont read this please i just needed to let it out over a keyboard just dont read it and dont respond please no matter what you have to say i just needed to type these words and have my brain consciously """Speak""" them
>>
I once got mercilessly mocked by a group of girls because I got the shrinkage while in the pool. I was 12.
>>
>>8767951
How did they see your dick?
>>
>>8768011
his little clitstick was probably poking through his swimsuit
>>
File: 1341011137502.png (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1341011137502.png
7KB, 250x242px
My best friend and I talked about the possibility of us dating and if this happens I will be retard-level happy.
>>
>>8768011
I was wearing a speedo
>>
>>8768019

what's the difference between going out and doing stuff now and doing it on a "date"? that you get to pay the bill and fuck her after?
>>
File: 1470772917891.jpg (34KB, 385x368px) Image search: [Google]
1470772917891.jpg
34KB, 385x368px
How do I accurately provide a descriptive analysis of the possibility of inter-ethnic cooperation between the South Ossetians and the Georgians; and the Chechens and the Russians?

They are different cases of ethnic conflict but their futures are equally indefinite. They are both stagnant and conflict resolution is going to be difficult, if not impossible. How do I get nine fucking pages on this shit?

I have read quite a bit on both conflicts, but as I read I am confronted with more questions and few answers to my problems. Is academia just bullshit or what? Literally what am I doing?
>>
>>8764182
Stream of thought is useless garbage and people who pretend to like it should neck themselves
>>
File: 1459265508482.jpg (93KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
1459265508482.jpg
93KB, 620x670px
>>8766520
>I was told by people who know me to see a therapist when really my thoughts run too deep to be deciphered by a therapist
Holy shit I'm gonna have to use this, fucking comedy gold
>>
File: me.jpg (26KB, 560x634px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
26KB, 560x634px
>>8768047

>descriptive analysis of the possibility of inter-ethnic cooperation between the South Ossetians and the Georgians; and the Chechens and the Russians
>Is academia just bullshit or what?

Sounds like unimportant obscurantist obfuscation, no offense.

So yes, academia is bullshit.

Debating what I should do for grad school. Go out and work, return for an MBA, JD, or PhD?

Then I realized getting a doctorate in history involves reading hundreds of specialized books and regurgitating the information haphazardly in a bullshit, ad hoc thesis.

I'm probably just gonna shoot for an MBA and become a moderately wealthy, overly materialistic, albeit depressed, person. This, still, is miles better than wasting my time in academia focusing on the minutiae of Victorian water sports, teaching undergrad courses, and fighting tooth and nail with 8,000 indebted sycophants for 6 tenured positions.
>>
My goathide tent was musty in the morning. I stretched my groundworn limbs and peaked through the flap. The sun sat high in a haze of coral clouds. In the basin below, a field of yellow flowers swayed in the breeze. Life stretched out everywhere. I shared the morning with the bugs and birds.
>>
>>8764182

I want to trust that left-wing politics is actually the way forward because my gut instinct tells me intelligence is more common in the left-wing, but I don't think I should be basing my political leanings on a gut instinct.
>>
>>8768026
That's why we Americans have trunks
>>
File: 1397320615366.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1397320615366.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>8768137

>This, still, is miles better than wasting my time in academia focusing on the minutiae of Victorian water sports, teaching undergrad courses, and fighting tooth and nail with 8,000 indebted sycophants for 6 tenured positions.

It's like a lottery where the winner doesn't have to do real work ever again. Being a professor sounds like the coziest job out there, no wonder everyone wants to do it.
>>
>>8768246
Political leans are mostly based on emotion, but you could always read some theory to give yourself a more rational basing.
Alternatively you could just ask yourself if you prefer hunger to plenty and if you think unplanned policies mostly formed to benefit a small group of people, or an imaginary volksgeist, in the short term is better than widely planned policies which are intended to benefit the great mass of people in the long term.
>>
>>8768300
yeah man, castros cuba totally benefitted the great mass of people in the long run and not a small group of people, you're right, left-wing politics is for smart ppl
>>
>>8768137
Yes, attempting to understand how wars between peoples can be avoided is useless and 'obscurantist'.
>>
>>8768310
yeah because politicians always consult academics before starting wars, that's why George Bush decided not to invade Iraq, he called up Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky and had a discussion in the MIT faculty lounge which ultimately lead to his decision against the invasion, oh wait, no that's a fantasy that didn't happen...
>>
>>8768137
Perhaps I am guilty of poor phrasing. I need to describe the individual cases of ethnic violence and then asses the likelihood for the root of the conflict to be solved.

The underlying concepts of this assignment are indeed important in modern times, especially with race relations being what they are in the United States and elsewhere.

I am becoming frustrated with my own inability to get a firm grasp on the many factors involved in each conflict. If I can unfuck myself and organize my thoughts properly, I should be able to form a strong argument in my analysis and thus academia will not be bullshit. Also, I will be less miserable.
>>
>>8768323
Bush consulted with plenty of academics. They were just, y'know, neocons, not lefties.
>>
>>8768306

>less infant mortality than the US
>free education
>99% literacy
>world-class medicine
>high life expectancy

it's not so bad
>>
>>8768310

>Yes, attempting to understand how wars between peoples can be avoided is useless and 'obscurantist'.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I suffer from bias in that I really struggle to care about the intricacies of such conflicts when the genesis of just about any conflict can be understood by looking at a few general rules of human civilization and seeing which ones were broken.

That's why I went on to say I really couldn't be bothered to "focus on the minutiae of Victorian water sports" or some other obscurantist busywork while pursuing a doctorate. After learning about human behavior, the details and motivations vary by conflict while the underlying causes stay the same. Anything beyond superficial inquiry becomes boring and banal to me, but by all means -- if there's someone on here whose fetish is learning how many times a day an average Spartan farted during the Peloponnesian War then knock yourself out.

Call me shallow.
>>
>>8768429
>I would be lying if I didn't say that I suffer from bias in that I really struggle to care about the intricacies of such conflicts when the genesis of just about any conflict can be understood by looking at a few general rules of human civilization and seeing which ones were broken.
Oh my fucking god dude. Look I'm not the guy you've been debating with, but let me show you something. I'm going to rewrite this sentence to make it comprehensible. Watch:

>I'm not interested in learning about historical events in detail and would rather get the 'big picture.'

Surprise, it's fucking easy. Turns out what you said is actually stupid as fuck, despite your big words and pretentious syntax. "Shallow," indeed.
>>
>>8768411
>>world-class medicine

yeah, then it's even more sad cuban doctors have to work as prostitutes for sex tourists on the beaches, eh? or prostitution is only bad when capitalism forces people into it?
>>
>>8768429
The cause of conflict is far more complicated than "breaking rules of human civilization." In many cases, the groups involved in conflict are not exactly sure why they have engaged in violence. It can be any number of reasons. The reason can change at any time. People justify their actions based on their emotions and environment. The reasons for conflict rarely ever simply related to dialectical materialism, as Marx suggests.
>>
>>8768306
And no capitalist country executes political opponents
>>
>>8768429
You have put the argument against your point in your own text, if they are all based on the same basic problems then investigating a specific case will lead to a better understanding of general causes of ethnic tension.
>>
>>8764182
Sucks being hung over; this is one of the few times I ever am, and it's lasting all fucking day. Cocaine isn't as great as I'd heard, but I guess that's a good thing. Worries me that while drunk, I am surprisingly not much bothered by drunk driving, however I do not drive while drunk, but when others do it I'm ok. It would seem my books aren't going to sell, I'm thinking of trying to write some blatant smut. Little 10,000-20,000 word things that are mostly just about erotic fun, probably without much of any actual story/conflict. That might sell better, only sell it on eReader format too.

I'd like to have another pack of honey roasted peanuts.
>>
I want to have sex with someone who's not my girlfriend I dont care who, Im scared to break up with her because Im worried she'll try to kill herself and it'll be my fault but there's girl I see at the library on the 6th floor damn near every day she comes in and she's so damn pretty but in like an unconventional way shes so damn cute and I want to tell her that and ask her out but I cant.
>>
>>8769635
What happened with your relationship?
>>
>>8768164
Is this a quote? If so, from what?
>>
>>8769826
It's from my notebook :^)
>>
I love reading literature more than anything else in the world, desu. But sometimes that gets hampered by my smoking DUDE LMAO. Despite knowing this, I still havent quit smoking. I feel like I'm using weed as a crutch. Bah!
>>
>>8769886
>not being a coffee and cigarettes master race
>>
>>8769902
But I already do both of those :^|
>>
what's on your mind
>>
>>8769911
You tell me.
>>
Welp
Fuck
>>
I think I stopped loving my gf a while ago. She's /lit/ as fuck though
>>
>>8768246
>Intelligent is left wing

The far left is for the intelligent who are dumb enough to believe that their revolution will be the last. That they can bring a utopia to earth. It's also for the security-hungry retards who think a statist regime will provide it for them without having to sacrifice their liberty.
>>
My brain is being raped and melted by this global shitstorm of white nationalist vs crazy anti-white male sjws and this crap keeps frustrating me and I watch comfy videos on youtube with white nationalists like Varg and they're so pleasant to listen to and I find myself starting to think like them without even agreeing and I'm not even actually white and I dislike nationalism in general and please kill me
>>
>>8769939
sometimes it really boggles the mind how people who are clearly intelligent and write a lot of great shit can be so retarded about marxism and shit like that, it's probably just because it seems cool, like when i spout off some marxist shit it's like a virtouso display of bullshit, feels good, but at this point i'm old enough to know anarchism is for children and communism failed
>>
>>8764182
this boy named ian is an uber cuck
>>
>>8769948
I think people yearn for a utopia. Without the promise of heaven utopia instead must be achieved on earth. It is simply not possible and I think that is one problem with the far left (socialists and Marxists, etc).
>>
>>8769947
Are you ready to fight?

We are going to start the most radical moderate party this world has ever seen

Sensibility though violence.
Dignity through power.
Deep logical discussion about relivent issues in a cool and comprised manor through the blood of the innocent.

Lets make radicalism rational.
>>
I can't wait until I'm not alive anymore.
>>
I hate this world and I want to return to my dead mother's womb
>>
I'll never love another person and I just want to die alone somewhere by myself.
>>
>>8769977
>>8769982

Sure is /r9k/ in here
>>
>>8769971
I-I just want everybody to get along
>>
>>8769977
i go back and forth between this every day, that's why i just go what the gita says and perform my dharma with detachment, work as hard as possible, so if one day i decide i don't want to croak i'll have a bunch of cash to do something cool, and if i do decide to end, nothing of value will be lost from working so much anyways, in fact i'm working right now, waiting for some shit to compile
>>
>>8769993
We will get everyone to get along through force of will.
>>
i used to be really depressed and nihilistic until i worked my way through a lot of it. now im fine, have a good career blooming (im 25) and a lot of good interests. but my kidneys are shit and i might die soon. its kind of a fucking bummer.
>>
File: Colorcontrastwallpaper.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Colorcontrastwallpaper.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
I'm bored /lit/, I'm bored with everything. Going out, completing tasks, living life in general.

I've always been a human trainwreck. Ugly, rejected and hated by my peers, abused by my parents to the point of having scars crisscrossing my back (I live with my grandparents, 24 y/o), admitted to the psych ward 4 different times for schizophrenia related episodes. Its all a frustrating story to look back at. I comfort myself by knowing I got my GED at the end of it all.

The worst part is that, while my rational mind knows my life is terrible, I'm actually becoming happy. Occasionally I break out of NEETdom and work at Walmart or Burger King or some other illegal immigrant tier job until they inevitably fire me for being a stuttering, mumbling autistic mess. I've made peace with being a kissless virgin forever through moving my own mental goalposts for what satisfaction entails. Well, that and the new psych meds that kill my sex drive. My NEETbux paid for a shiny new gaming PC with three monitors and I'm downloading more books than I can handle for the other parts of my free time. Its nice, its peaceful, and its a safe schedule.

I know I'll always be a pseud without a college education. At this point I don't care. Being alone for prolonged periods of time triggers episodes and I start falling into delusions or doing crazy shit like smashing hard drives, wrapping electronics in plastic wrap, testing food for poison, or wrapping myself in a black sheet and grabbing a knife to spy on suspicious teenagers hanging out outside my house at night from the bushes (they didn't do anything).

And the boredom stems from all of that. The same routine, the same hobbies, the same nocturnal sleep cycle, the same lack of hope. I even have a fuckton of physical deformities that it would be a waste of time mentioning. The only thing I have in life that brings me happiness is 4chan, my online gaming groups, and my tabletop RPG friends online.

Love you guys, even if you hate me.
>>
>>8770019
I know it sounds dumb, but I really do think you should start lifting. It would help with the physical aggression, help you socialize some depending on what kind of gym you go to, make you feel better and stronger, and help you through your physical deformities.

And hell, if you decide to go to college, write some essays about being abused, get all that loan and scholarship money, you'll be constantly not alone.

I'd also suggest hanging out more with your grandparents before they die. I really regret not doing that with my grandfather.
>>
am i seriously the only human man on earth who wants to see a girl actually masturbate in porn, or at least for her to simulate what actual female masturbation looks like? why, as a man, would you want to see the girl exaggeratedly screaming and hootin' and hollerin' like she's being electrocuted while she cartoonishly jiggers her pussy flaps? am i the only person who has seen a girl actually orgasm?
>>
>>8770029
Thanks anon. There's a gym nearby and I'm thinking about starting up since my mental state has been stabilizing lately. I've heard people at gyms can be nice, I'll give it a go next week.

I've been considering online classes lately, just to get my feet wet and try to get involved with academia again before plunging headfirst into an unfamiliar situation that could fuck me up pretty bad. If the college has a book club/lit society/whatever it would help a lot.

My grandparents are some of the best people I've ever known. Everybody reading this should visit or call their grandparents tomorrow and hear some of their stories, or at least spend time with them. My grandpa who I'm living with worked with medevac helicopters in Vietnam and some of the thing he remembers are downright harrowing, like prize winning war novel scenes.

I appreciate your positive reply, I really do. I've got issues and the awareness to know I have them, I've just gotta build a functioning human being out of the pile of crap I'm working with here.
>>
>>8770019
sounds rad dude, i wish i could live that neet gamer lifestyle, it would be rad to abandon all shame and just be a frumpy neet with shitty clothes and a big ol' gaming pc and shit, lol, either that or just be a total fag and like hang out in the gay scene in nyc, but i'm too spooked with the fantasy that one day i will be able to buy a condo big enough to have a family and a decent life, haha, not gonna happen but it keeps the suicidal thoughts at bay right, also, going to college is a fun ride, but unless it's a top 10 tech school (top 5 if u want to live in sf) it's not going to do anything for ur prospects of making a living wage
>>
>xmlParserException all fucking night

xml fucking sucks, why can't we all just use json, jesus fucking christ wtf is this shit
>>
oh shit, it's 3am, i can actually hear diplo's beats1 radio show live for once, how about that, actually fuck it, i'm going to put on an audiobook and go the fuck to bed
>>
Trips are for cunts
>>
>>8764407
You won't make it!

At least anon has fully circled his character even though being a creep.
>>
>>8764407
Every dude raids the hamper.

Every dude feels the temptation.
>>
>>8767451
The one makes her a slut the other, tho, keeps her a virgin, at least, in her own wishful thinking.
>>
File: 1.jpg (109KB, 960x708px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
109KB, 960x708px
>>8765095
You seem like a smart guy but your assumptions are held in black and white terms. If you only hoard data you are sitting on Tb of shit you will never or hardly consume. But if you are capable of utilizing your downloaded data you can reach freedoms unimaginable with services like Spotify. Next to your operator level it also depends on your consumption behavior, and therefore, you need to ask yourself if full freedom is necessary for you.
>>
File: 1.jpg (54KB, 651x616px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
54KB, 651x616px
>>8765591
>friends
>fb

>red pilled
>fb
Wtf did you do?

The RP is about reframing narrative and closely inspecting and manipulating their structures. It's not about replacing one set of facts with another.

Fuck this board has become utter shit infested with normie newfags.
>>
>>8769977
>>8769982
>>8769986
Three in a row!
Jackpot!
>>
File: le redpill.png (400KB, 738x577px) Image search: [Google]
le redpill.png
400KB, 738x577px
>>8765591
Next time do your research before you start to "educate" other people, Ryan.
>>
>>8770739
Holy fuck what a moron... women don't even piss out their vaginal hole, there's an entirely separate hole for that. Called the urethra or some such thing.
>>
>>8764411

its very dense, but more than anything, it can just be a bit of a slog to get through. The first 140 pages feel like the beginning to a self-aware comic novel and are really fun and easy to get through. The rest of the novel, up until the last 4 or 5 chapters is a collection of 100+ character vignettes and philosophical meditations on the themes of the novel. This part can be very dull if you don't take the time to understand what Melville is trying to say, which can be quite difficult because these chapters are often pretty dense and sometimes confusing. It just takes a lot of work to get through. You can't just read it casually. If you did the majority of the book would feel incredibly boring and pointless. Great book if you take the time to read it seriously. Definitely not a fun reading experience tho.
>>
>>8765591
bwahaha u thought the red pill was anything about neckbeardy autistic bullshit? even going on a rant about "muh GNU/Freedum" is better because ppl will assume u can at least get a job in IT, even going on a marxism fueled whinge about capitalism is better since ppl will assume you have a grad level humanities degree, but red pill shit? that's for guys in jorts and fedoras, kys
>>
Do other people around my age (I'm 20) realize how little we actually know? I feel like most people my age think that because they are adults now they automatically know what is best.
All growing up has taught me is how little I know. If someone has lived longer than you and seen more than you, shouldn't you consider their thoughts and ideas? I truly believe we are the smartest and most naive generation to ever live.

TLDR: Do other 20 year olds understand how little they know?
>>
I can't get over my ex.
>>
>>8771120
yeah, i was a super smart marxist in my 20s who knew it all and had the whole world's problems solved...but then i turned 30 and realized i didn't know shit and silly "grand narrative" ideologies and "systemic thinkers" peddle fantasy...although my original instincts about capitalism and technology were still pretty solid, but i went down a blind alley of marxism for a decade, before coming back out and seeing ppl in silicon valley thinking about the same problems, but with more realistic attempts at solutions than "world communism", i wish i had listened when older people in my life, especially the working class, told me communism was an interesting idea been has failed, instead of my marxists professors preaching the communist gospel from their tenure jobs-for-life offices....i mean OF COURSE professors love the idea of marxism, a bunch of unelected intellectual bureacrats for life will have decisions over the lives of their underlings, wow, gee no wonder that appeals to the same ppl who managed to schmooze and network their way into tenure...anyways, yes, if ur 20 u don't know shit
>>
>>8771146
Exactly. Every day I meet people and they talk about their plans and idea's as of they were facts. Even people my age with "open minds" usually are just as close minded, just more liberal. It never fun being told that you are wrong about something, and that goes double if it is some the you truly believe. But isn't is easier to accept correction?
>>
Perhaps the greatest tragedy to befall humanity is how a curious, loving boy undergoes transformation into a jaded, apathetic man.
>>
>>8771209
the tragedy is that the man does nothing to change who he has become.
>>
>>8766256
t. me
>>
>>8766303
with ease of access people now have time to worry about everything our ancestors did not, this gives more time to anxiety, boredom etc; as they say, the idol mind is the devil's workshop. Personally, I don't believe in mental illness, everyone has some form of something; the whole define "normal" thing, mental illness is just a label and if you look closely most are rleated in that they have symptoms that cross over. It's all a bunch of bullshit, things just are the way they are, but having everything at our fingertips allows us to either think more or escape from our minds.
>>
>>8764182
I'm so glad to be out of this troublesome love-triangle.
>>
>>8766848
don't do drugs
>>
>>8764199
That sucks dude.
>>
>>8771367
He passed away, feels like there is hole in my house.
>>
I took acid for the first time with my girlfriend yesterday and she behaved very strangely, kept telling me to leave and asking if I was cheating on her for no reason during the most intense part of the trip. I love her but she is deeply insecure due to unpleasant experiences in the past, and I guess she couldn't control it. I eventually calmed her down but it ruined the whole experience and I now no longer feel like I trust her. She's tried to contact me but I don't really want to see her right now.
>>
Was in an amazing relationship in which we both wanted to stay forever. I had to leave town for a few months and soon into it, we started fighting. She was too petty and narcissistic to responsibly handle the fighting and put it to rest, and I wasn't foresighted enough to just leave her alone and let things calm down for a while. Now everything is ruined. She had once cried at the thought of us not staying together forever and now I'm blocked on all her social media. Feels p bad.
>>
>>8771390
Never commit like that while you're young, 20 somethings are crazy unstable.
>>
>>8771410
Yeah that's true. We had a solid few more years in us at least though, had this not happened.
>>
>>8771388
if you love her you should comfort her about it now or else it will only get worse
>>
I don't know how to kiss and I'm going to see him for the first time after talking for 4 years over the internet in 15 days. I don't know what to show him or what to do. Also thinking he is 30 cm taller than me freak me out.
My grandmother would tell me that I should be studying instead of thinking in boys!
>>
>>8771829
I'm fucking 24 and I don't how to kiss either, so I avoid any circumstance that could lead me towards the embarrassment of a girl finding out.
>>
>>8771858
Good girls won't care this but if you really want to kiss a girl you should just do it as long you know she is not a banal person (she will talk after it with her friends).
>>
>>8771893
>as long you know she is not a banal person (she will talk after it with her friends).

fuck
>>
>>8764294
A Tarantino film is always a good choice t. Pulp fiction, Django, Inglorius Bastards
>>
>>8772052
pleb
>>
I CAN'T POOP IF I DON'T EAT UNTIL FEELING FAT WTF
>>
>>8764261

people probably find you boring to talk to. be funnier. be more gregarious
>>
File: potato galvanic cell.png (75KB, 443x351px) Image search: [Google]
potato galvanic cell.png
75KB, 443x351px
>>8772501
Do you eat enough cellulose? Are you hydrated?
>>
>>8772566
i take 2.5 liters of water daily
is cellulosa fiber?
>>
>>8772579
Yes.
Is it possible that you have a memory disorder? My grand-grandfather had this problem.
>>
I don't know what kind of shoes to wear.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.