[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else only read in order to not seem like a pleb when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 7948372.png (26KB, 345x504px) Image search: [Google]
7948372.png
26KB, 345x504px
Does anyone else only read in order to not seem like a pleb when they talk to people (or in case they ever talk to people; or for the unjustified superiority complex over normies)?

That's me. I see literature as entertainment that has gone out of fashion which means that while it slides in to complete irrelevance it is used as middle class and above social signalling ammunition. I literally don't give a fuck about some academia-media-publishing industrial complex chosen Oxbridge / HYP educated rich person has to say in their narcissistic and barely disguised memoirs. I'm not going to pretend that their stupid and boring pomo novels are enjoyable or have any philosophical merit (LOL) whatsoever.

I plan to just read old books and tell people I don't read that much. So whenever books get mentioned, and almost only famous old books will be mentioned, I will be able to truthfully claim to have read them. I will seem modest about how well read I am but I am really doing it in the most efficient manner.

Also non fiction, unless it is enjoyable, is a bad joke in today's information age. And that's just in general. In particular, stupid border disputes (I.e., Napoleon, Alexander the great etc.) seems like petty and trivial nonsenses. Reading Plato try to figure out objective morality (inb4 "But he dusnt doo dis!!1") is a bad joke. I can barely care about the Romans when I can watch the Americans today.
>>
cool
>>
I read because I find it enjoyable. Plus I learn new things not normally taught in schools and shit.

Also, it's kinda fun to look down on normies that only read popular YA books, and say that they read a lot. :)
>>
I know enough to not seem like a pleb anyway, I don't read because books are expensive
>>
I love reading. I read a lot because I'm learning how to write. Anyway that's my story thanks for listening.
>>
>>8755506
Glad for you that you feel confident enough to expose your utter mediocrity with pride.
>>
>>8755621

Book are probably the cheapest hobby you can have. Congrats on being a jobless dipshit.
>>
I read to find comfort in the words of dead people who were more eloquent in their misery than me.

To be honest.
>>
>>8755506
>I shit on anything because i'm scared to try.
>>
>not reading for pleasure

just spook my shit up
>>
>>8755506
>normies

You aren't on /r9k/, you pathetic loser
>>
>wasting your precious time on earth trying to impress other shallow people you don't even like for no measurable gain
I'll never understand this mentality. What do you even get out of it that can be worth wasting all that time reading (or pretending to read) and posturing on social media?
>>
>>8755506
dfw, go to bed.
>>
>>8755506
>>>/r9k/
>>>/fit/
>>>/fa/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.