[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you experienced these masterpieces?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Have you experienced these masterpieces?
>>
only one of those is a meme
>>
>not GR
>not The Residents 'Meet The Residents'
>not Dr. Strangelove
>>
>>8725033

>Citizen Kane
yes
>Pet sounds
isn't a masterpiece compared to Uncle Meat or Trout Mask Replica
>Ulysses
is a masterpiece that I haven't experienced yet
>>
Yes.
Though Ulysses and Citizen Kane are similar in their importance, Pet Sounds is an amazing album, but I don't know if it belongs.
Maybe Trout Mask Replica instead.
>>
Why do plebs tout Pet Sounds as some kind of inaccessible ultra-masterpiece? It's literally a 5/10
>>
>>8725042
Agreed. Pet sounds is fucking terrible.
>>
>all this hate on Pet sounds
Pleb central
>>
>pop music
>'masterpiece'
>pop movie
>'masterpiece'
>>
>>8725033
I don't like Pet Sounds.
>>
File: tmp_9438-MI0001817882843976346.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9438-MI0001817882843976346.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
I would substitue the middle for this
>>
>>8725141
Pet Sounds is irredeemably aged and not as revolutionary as the meme would suggest.
>>>/mu/
>>
>>8725033
you're the same guy posting this on /tv/, please dont tell me your trying to be funny
>>
is /lit/ the only one to actually hold its end of the bargain.

>Ulysses gets shit on sometimes, but for the most part its well regarded on here
>/tv/ is now 100% meme
>/mu/ would never be caught dead listening to something with lyrics or coherent sound
>>
>>8725109
Because of production value and nostalgia
>>
>>8725501
I'm a ride or die nigga for /mu/ but I'll go as far to say the average /lit/izen has a much better taste in books than the average /mu/tant, who almost certainly listens to garbage.
>>
>>8725501
>>/mu/ would never be caught dead listening to something with lyrics or coherent sound
/mu/ has been /poptimism/ since 2010;
>>
>>8725464
this
>>
>>8725544
This
Most of /mu/'s taste is absolute trash, on the off-season it can be pretty good but when Latest Hip Hop FOTM Album 64857 comes out the plebs out themselves
>>
File: stacks_image_1824[1].png (505KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
stacks_image_1824[1].png
505KB, 500x500px
>>8725094
cmon we all know that this is the residents' magnum opus
>>
>>8725033
Citizen Kane is a mediocre flick.
Why would you even compare it to Ulysses?
>>
Ulysses and Pet Sounds are so far above Citizen Kane it ain't even funny

Citizen Kane's equivalents are The Great Gatsby and Help!
>>
Citizen Kane is pretty comfy, both the "best film ever" and the "most overrated film of all time" make it impossible to talk about on the internet though
>>
>>8725846
Pretty much. It drags in the last third but that closing crane shot and speech about pieces of history and relics of Xanadu never adding up to the unknowable Man is chilling ... reminds me of Pynchon's line in Mason & Dixon about the mathematical formula of the stars and to where they may point. That's a little different though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.